Page 96 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 3036

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Translation (no spoilers)

You haven't even seen anywhere close to the whole sub plot though. How do you know it doesn't become super important later one?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Shlugo's Avatar
    Sure, it can become central to the plot in the end. In the same vein Caules might betray Darnic and become the true big bad. But right now the sub-plot seems... unneeded. There's enough going on, that there's probably no need to introduce "poor little Homo-kun who just wants to live" sub-plot. Hell, almost half the cast had probably less than ten lines of dialouge yet, and we've didn't even seen Jeanny!

The fact that he simply dies against Mordred later also doesn't help.

You don't know that.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Astolfo, he's a cool guy (?).
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
    Sure, it can become central to the plot in the end. In the same vein Caules might betray Darnic and become the true big bad. But right now the sub-plot seems... unneeded. There's enough going on, that there's probably no need to introduce "poor little Homo-kun who just wants to live" sub-plot. Hell, almost half the cast had probably less than ten lines of dialouge yet, and we've didn't even seen Jeanny!

The fact that he simply dies against Mordred later also doesn't help.
    Don't think we actually know if Mordred actually offed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Blog Entries
    That prologue sure sounds like murdered hard.

But really, there's nothing that makes this subplot any less irrelevant than the others.Least it's more compelling than "Assassin and whore murdering random people in the streets cause that's what they do."

And it helps instill the idea that there is division in the ranks.
    Last edited by Zenieth; August 13th, 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Prologue ends at Mordred walking towards the near-dead no-longer-Siegfried-Homunculus. Jeanne will prolly jump in and Mordred will get daddy issues because Jeanne looks like Arthur.

Blog Entries
    why?

Saber clonez
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Even a novice such as myself understood that the sword she held was aimed for my neck.

"Time to die, Saber of the black."

Her words were dispassionate; her blade, swift. And white filled my eyes-

And this don't sound like she's still walking towards him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    And this don't sound like she's still walking towards him.
    It doesn't, but it sounds like as obvious a fake-out as anyone ever faked-out that they chose to terminate the flash-forward at that particular place. I'd be legitimately surprised if the scene actually ended the way the author implies it might when they choose to open the story with that narrative device.

Until we actually get to that scene, it's not conclusive either way, because there's a lot of things that could intercede.

...I do wonder where all the Apocrypha volume 2 info is though, Japan. I guess it didn't come out on the 10th despite the website dates?

Thanks as always for the updates though! Astolfo's "Nope" was amusing, lol.
    Last edited by Sunny; August 14th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Come on, it's obvious that Mordred realizes he's an homunculus, spares him out of sympathy and they become bros.
    Last edited by Siriel; August 14th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.

Commence shipping.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Don't do this.

Blog Entries
    So pretty much the point of this chapter is, Rider of Black is awesome, Archer of Black is a cool dude. Also, Hideyoshi is a gender, therefore Astolfo is obviously of that gender.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Come on, it's obvious that Mordred realizes he's an homunculus, spares him out of sympathy and they become bros.

(Previously...)
    ---

After Archer left the room, Rider placed a hand on the homunculus' cheek and whispered.

"Come on... you're up already, aren't you?"

Hearing those words, the homunculus opened his eyes and, unsteadily raising himself off the bed, looked at Rider while quavering with unease. He's like a small animal that has nowhere to run, thought Rider.

"Hey..."

Rider tried greeting him for a start but got only silence in return.

"Um... so..."

"..."

"Well, how should I put this... uh..."

"..."

Rider tilted his head in doubt. In this situation, what should he do to express the fact that he is a friend? After puzzling over it for a while, he decided to wrap his arms around him and, while resting the boy's head on his own chest, said.

"You know what I mean, don't you? Nobody here is going to hurt you. I'm here, right now, to help you get your wish."

"...?"

He didn't understand. The homunculus could not understand what Rider said - not the literal meaning of his words, but his intent.

"Tell me... what you wish for."

Rider whispered into his ear. The homunculus began to think. Wish, wish, wish... But does he even have the right to put his own wish into words? He has no power whatsoever, owns nothing, possesses no history at all and was made only to be a piece of equipment - an allotment that he himself had already abandoned.

However, even he has one desire unfitting for one of his station. A wish... a dream that he does not deserve. He did not expect it to be granted - but there was no harm in saying it, he decided.

The homunculus opened his mouth and used the vocal organs which he had almost never used before. It was a painful act but he had to put his wish into words.

"Save... me..."

Hearing this, Rider answered lightly.

"All right. I will."

In a literal instant - seemingly without even considering it - he replied. The homunculus looked at him incredulously. Rider simply wore a carefree smile.

"You said 'save me', right? I heard you. I am a Heroic Spirit, after all... so I'll save you, no matter what."

Will you? Will you grant my wish? Can I trust in you?

No, even if he couldn't... the boy wanted to.

Just how much luck was in play that the first to meet this homunculus would be the Rider of Black - the ideal paladin, Astolfo.

Rider swelled with pride and said.

"Now, then... first, we have to put our heads together and think of a way to help you. Oh, I would definitely suggest against leaving it entirely for me to decide. For no man can show as much a lack of restraint as I, Astolfo!"

The homunculus listened to Rider's words with widened eyes. His heart was deeply moved by Rider's innocence - only a fool would ever doubt the loyalty of Astolfo.

On this day... fate took a step forward.

Father Shirou, the overseer sent by the Church, knelt reverently before five of the other Masters chosen by the Clock Tower to suppress the Yggdmillennia.

There was quite some distance between him and them, as though this were some sort of throne room. In addition, there was a thin curtain between the Masters and Shirou, obscuring his view and rendering the five as indistinct shadows.

"...Report."

Shirou eloquently delivered the news to the other side of the curtain.

"The war is completely in our favor. Five of the seven enemy Servants have been defeated while all of ours are in good condition. We have captured the Masters who escaped. What would you have me do?"

After a while, a low chuckle began to echo.

"Kill them, of course. Kill them all. Bring us their heads - they are all the proof we need for the bounty. You can feed the rest of their worthless meat to the dogs."

"Understood... and what of the proposal I brought forth previously? Have you all considered it?"

Abruptly, the other side of the curtain became silent. It seemed that, unlike the resounding denial of the last time, there was some room for consideration here.

"We trust you - but there is no need for that. We are Masters, and we must control the Servants."

"There is no need to worry. I can carry out that role for you."

"You mean that... we no longer need them?"

It did not escape Shirou that the question carried emotions which had not been there before. Timidity, perhaps, or weariness for the war, or solace found in passing one's responsibilities onto another...

"Yes, of course."

Whispers were exchanged behind the curtain at Shirou's forceful words. Shirou continued to kneel and await the verdict.

"No... that is still too dangerous. Is it not safer to disperse these amongst all of us?"

"Yes, I understand."

'Safer', they said - even though the objects in question were never supposed to be handed over to anyone else in the first place. Yet they could not reject his proposal without reason. Their common sense had mostly collapsed - Shirou estimated that it would take only one more push.

"I shall take my leave. Please, enjoy your talk."

Shirou left with a bow and the five Masters hidden behind the curtain began to take part in idle chatter. They may be veteran magi, but they cannot blend in with society if they do not possess a human side as well. They were enjoying their peace in earnest, sharing silly animal stories and tales of missteps.

"It didn't work... Perhaps it is time to set things into motion."

Assassin stifled her laughter as Shirou casually shrugged.

"Did I not tell you it would go this way? I won the bet."

"I suppose so... You can have the wine. But is that all you really want? I got the bottle from an elder at the Eighth Sacrament. It may be old but there is nothing especially magical about it."

"That is of no importance. I desire it simply for the taste of wealth."

"I see..."

Unexpectedly, Shirou nodded at Assassin as though in understanding.

"And what is it that you see?"

"Well, among the Servants summoned in Holy Grail Wars, there are those who dislike remaining in spirit form and actively eat and sleep - and many of those tend to be spirits of royalty."

"Yes, I do not doubt that. For that is what it means to be king - to be superior to and have more desires than others. That is the fate of those who would rule."

"Hmm... Yet, were there not kings who held to the principle of frugality?"

"Frugality is a sport played only by those who have gained authority - the most important possession of all. One who would rule is one would commit tyranny. One must be a tyrant to be king."

At that point, Assassin abruptly became quiet.

Shirou's expression did not change. After all, her argument was perfectly logical. There was no room for him to object.

"My apologies... There is no point to having you hear all this."

"Oh, no. I am quite used to the musings of regents... heh."

Shirou began to chuckle as though something funny occurred to him.

"What is the matter?"

"The more I consider the situation, the more it amuses me. It would make much sense if it were reversed instead - it would only be natural if I were the Servant and you were the Master. Yet, it is the opposite in reality. The Servant system of the Grail War certainly creates such curious situations at times."

"That is true - I am used to being served, but it is new to me to serve another. But there is still time, you know... Would you like to change places?"

Shirou shook his head.

"No, thank you. It seems you were quite the despot during your time."

With a mischievous glint in her lightly-colored eyes, Assassin murmured.

"Not for naught am I known as the world's oldest poisoner... Are you truly certain that you can wield Queen Semiramis?"

Those were the words that Assassin first said to him when she was summoned.

With a smile, Shirou repeated his answer once more.

"O Queen of Assyria - in this Great Holy Grail War, I aim not for victory or defeat but for another goal. Will you aid me?"

It is a rare thing to hear Assassin roaring with laughter.

"Haha! Yes, that's it! Honestly, I could not even begin to fathom what you were talking about then - I was considering simply searching for another puppet to be my Master instead."

"And now?"

"Do you still feel the need to ask? You are a fascinating one, Master. Your wish is as mine - that is why I will not hesitate to aid you."

As Shirou gave his thanks, a grey dove flew in before him.

Assassin is, at the same time, a Caster. She possesses the incredibly rare ability of being a 'Double Summon' - giving her the skills of both Classes. As such, the familiars she would possess as a Caster are also hers as an Assassin.

According to legend, she was abandoned by her mother shortly after birth and subsequently fed by doves. Even after she was full grown, doves continued to be her friends.

Semiramis is the oldest poisoner in the world - and the one she fed poison to was her husband, King Ninus, the one who seized her from her first husband, General Onnes. For the next several decades, she ruled as the Queen of Assyria.

"A notice... Our Berserker is about to reach Trifas. Archer and Rider stand prepared as the rear guard."

"Oh? Rider, as well?"

Shirou and Assassin knew that Archer had been tracking Berserker, but it seems Rider was also going along.

"He went after Archer, it seems... As expected of our Rider, I suppose. Archer and him hail from the same lands, after all - almost certainly, he is making advances at her even as they pursue him."

Assassin's voice became sharp. There was a fatal lack of compatibility between Rider - broad-minded and audacious and thinking little of kings - and Assassin, who had ruled as a queen. If this had been a standard Holy Grail War, the very first clash would have likely been between them.

Another dove descended. Shirou saw a faint smile appear on Assassin's face as she received the news.

"Shirou... it seems the one whom you are most cautious of has arrived."

Hearing Assassin's words, Shirou's eyes - always seeming to be calmly gazing at far-off places - showed clear animosity for the first time.

He did not hate her. She was simply the one existence in the entire world who Shirou was determined to crush.

"You mean... Ruler."

"Yes. It has been ascertained that she has infiltrated Romania."

Her network of doves covered the entirety of Romania, the state where the battle will be decided. As soon as Ruler took form in the world and passed the border, Assassin's flying vanguard sniffed out the inconcealable surge of prana she possessed as a Servant.

"What shall we do?"

"Kill her - or at the very least, keep her detained."

"In that case, we should send Lancer. Rider could have taken part as well if he had not run off..."

Compared to the other Servants of the Red camp - putting aside Saber, who was operating independently - Lancer and Rider are truly unparalleled. In particular, Rider's fame is comparable to Vlad III, even in Romania - he is a genuine hero of the world.

"I doubt that Rider would accept such a mission and do something he doesn't want to, not even if it is an order from his Master. He really is a hero in that regard."

While Rider is not a hero of rebellion like Berserker, he is far removed from the knights who had served kings. He once openly ignored the orders of a king which he disliked and only took up arms again for the sake of a slain comrade. It is unlikely that such a man would acknowledge the order to kill Ruler alongside Lancer.

"But Lancer would follow the orders of his Master with no particular objections."

On the other hand, Lancer is - to put in the simplest term - a soldier. When commanded, he behaves as though the very concept of defiance does not exist.

"Yes... let us give the order to Lancer."

Shirou commanded Lancer through the Servant's Master.

"I declare, Lancer of the Red - follow the guidance of Assassin and annihilate Ruler. The unveiling of your sacred relics will be left to your own discretion."

'Understood', came Lancer's short reply.

And so, sensing that Ruler has set foot in Romania, both camps immediately sprang into action - 'Black' seeking to secure their dominance and 'Red' moving to destroy its greatest enemy.

-------

Thus endeth chapter 2. Next chapter: Jeanne and maths, Siegfried and Karna, Gordes is a dick
    Last edited by Canon; August 18th, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Banned
    OHHH! Finally get to see Karna and Jeanne in the next chapter!

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I love the outright extravagance of Semiramis. Worst Assassin ever at subtlety it appears. Also, it seems from the wording in this chapter that a Double Summon might have happened in one of the three previous wars. It's noted as a rare ability, not something that hasn't happened before. The fact that it has a name and the characteristics are clearly outlined within the context of a dual-class Servant possibly backs that up.

Looking forward to seeing the clash between Karna and Jeanne, for sure.

Blog Entries
    CanonRap, now it's time for you to step up the game and brings us more as soon as possible. The game is finally starting to get interesting.
    Can't wait to see Jeanne!
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured