Page 59 of 302 FirstFirst ... 9495457585960616469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Could you elaborate on that Elf? Are you talking about how Shirou doesn't talk like Shirou or how the dialogue itself seems off/unrealistic/odd? Give an example?
    The dialogue itself doesn't sound natural. It doesn't read how people talk to me, that's what I mean.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, unnatural dialogue is pretty common in fiction. Everyone is just so much more articulate than reality.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Um, you mean... y'know, er, less articulate, right?

E: Wait nvm I misread. Lololololol.

Um... Is it possible to withdraw my recommendation for In Flight?

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post
    Um... Is it possible to withdraw my recommendation for In Flight?
    No you are forever committed to recommending it. Jokes on you all for not reccing based on it's popularity and influence without every actually saying how you feel on it!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Yeah you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Yeah you can.

Okay. Then please do.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Adding +1 to If not Alexander, Then Diogenes.

That story is amazing.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    For the record:

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari
    It's for the old, bad Endless Dream. Not the new hip cool Life is an Endless Dream.

If you would be kind enough to change it to this
    In one universe, Tohsaka Rin ended up following the same path as Archer, becoming a twisted Heoric Spirit. What happens if, when, in another universe, she gets summoned as a Servant? Rewrite of "Endless Dream"
    or something equally not bad that'd be nice.
    You may now commence hugboxing. Link for the lazy.
    Last edited by Kyte; April 22nd, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

That was a private message Kyte.

You violated the social contract.

The social contract!

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post

The social contract!
    That's actually something that could have (and probably should have) been posted in the thread, just so ya know for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

For the record:

You may now commence hugboxing. Link for the lazy.
    Counter Guardian Caster Rin? Flirty Lancer making time with Caster Rin? Gilgamesh being...friendly? Sakura being herself instead of either a bad joke or an object of worship? Zouken getting the short end of the stick repeatedly? Shinji walking the path of Carve Out My Guts With Pain Whenever I Want My Servant To Do Something? Hell, yeah I'll hugbox this. +1 from me.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Counter Guardian Caster Rin? Flirty Lancer making time with Caster Rin? Gilgamesh being...friendly? Sakura being herself instead of either a bad joke or an object of worship? Zouken getting the short end of the stick repeatedly? Shinji walking the path of Carve Out My Guts With Pain Whenever I Want My Servant To Do Something? Hell, yeah I'll hugbox this. +1 from me.
    You stole the words out of my mouth Dezo, +1 from me too.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    That's actually something that could have (and probably should have) been posted in the thread, just so ya know for the future.
    Yeah yeah. I just didn't know if it would be noticed.

I guess maybe Kyte actually has to, you know, read this thread.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries

The social contract!
    FIE UPON YOUR CONTRACTS

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah yeah. I just didn't know if it would be noticed.

I guess maybe Kyte actually has to, you know, read this thread.
    Revolutionary and frightening, I know. The sheer level of commitment required is staggering.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now that Endless Dream is actually alive, it requires a big +1 from me.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Well it has been a long time since I recced anything, so lets get some stuff out of the way.:

First, the great +1 category:

Title: In All Things
    Author: Arashi Leonhart
    Genre: Drama, Family
    Summary: September, 2000. I met her. Rendered non-canon by TM Fes Q&A with Nasu.
    Pairings: Mikiya x Shiki
    Comments: Soon after their daughter is born into this world, Mikiya and Shiki go over what her name is to be. A sweet, touching oneshot that captures the personas of both characters perfectly as they receive the greatest gift this world has to offer us, a child. Very typical Arashi in both character analysis and general literary quality. Short, but very, very good.

Title: Meaning
    Author:
    Santo
    Genre:
    Drama, Family, Tragedy, Horror
    Summary: Few people get to see their sins face to face. But then, Kirei Kotomine was always exceptional.
    Pairings: Kotomine x Claudia
    Comments: Some demons are born into evil. However, the greatest and most terrifying are those that fall into it. Kotomine Kirei was a man who had all that he ever should have wanted, strength, intellect, a career, a devoted wife, and even a precious daughter. This concise yet powerful oneshot recounts for us his past, his mission, his struggles, and ultimately, his being cast from the one thing he truly needed most by the one enemy he could never defeat, Himself. A very, very good fic of a very hard hitting subject, a man's fall from grace.

Title: Happy Riniversary
    Author:
    Mozco
    Genre:
    Comedy
    Summary:
    Post-UBW Good. Rin Tohsaka's first ever anniversary is rapidly approaching, and she has a few big problems. First, how does one get an anniversary present for the King of Knights? Second, if one's chosen present is stolen by one's evil rival from Finland, how far should one go to get it back?
    Pairings:
    Rin x Saber x Shirou
    Comments:
    Rin Tohsaka doesn't like to lose at anything, especially relationships. So when that damn Sweedish (Finnish!) rich-bitch-skank Luviagelita Edelfelt gets between her and winning at her anniversary with her boyfriend and girlfriend, you can bet it's on. Mozco's work is as enjoyable and energetic as always, and this time he takes an oft shortchanged rivalry and makes it something more than just a couple of tsundere archetypes butting heads.

Title: Objective: Emiya
    Author:
    Mozco
    Genre:
    Comedy
    Summary:
    When seeking true love, most will advise you to be yourself. Ilya is not seeking true love, however. She is going to WAR for true love. And why be herself when being someone else is so much more efficient?
    Pairings: Shirou x ?
    Comments:
    When Illya wants something, she wants it HARD. But hey, when you're a living container for a magic cup with a colossal killing maching as a pet and the entire Einzbern family fortune at your disposal, standard rules of engagement don't apply. Once again, Mozco at his funniest, with a slightly more militant twist on the typical harem war.

Title: The Importance of Proper Communication
    Author:
    Mozco
    Genre:
    Comedy
    Summary:
    As Caster's ultimate attack commences, Tokiomi and Kariya confront each other on the field of battle. The resulting confrontation, however, is a bit... off...
    Pairings:
    None
    Comments:
    What happens if Karyia magically grows a brain and some self control right as Tokiomi goes on his spiel? To be honest, I'm still not sure what happened. Only thing that I know is that it was hilarious.

Title: Chaos Theory
    Author:
    Mozco
    Genre:
    Action, Drama
    Summary:
    Sometimes, the tiniest of changes can have the greatest impact on the world. One chance encounter goes in a new direction, and the course of the Holy Grail War is irrevocably changed...
    Pairings:
    Unsure
    Comments:
    For want of a nail, the whole damn grail war just went screwy. Mozco's main work that isn't purely comedy. It's also genius. The characters are deeper, the relationships more complex, the battles more suspenseful than any other HGW fic I've read with the possible exception of Stormedge's Tainted ideals.

Title: Debt of a Sword
    Author:
    Gabriel Blessing
    Genre:
    Drama, Romance
    Summary: A story of love and loss, friendship and romance, and a sword. Sometimes happy endings just take a little time to happen.
    Pairings: Shirou x Miya
    Comments:
    Imagine In Flight. Now take almost all the things that ruined it out of the picture. Remove the harem. Remove the "Path of the Shura." Remove the infodumps. Remove the overly weighty SoL that detracted from the main plotline. While you're at it, remove the majority of the main cast and boot them into either supporting or background roles. Then, add in a nicely paced romance, a healing process, SoL that is appropriate where it is placed, and a Shirou that acts more like he is supposed to. Now you're getting to Debt of a Sword, a fic by GB that is in the vein of GB's usual talent, not whatever In Flight turned into.

Title: Fletching
    Author:
    AlfheimWanderer
    Genre:
    Drama, Romance, Action
    Summary:
    The World is dying and humanity along with it, with modern civilization brought to its knees. In the face of this backdrop of despair and desolation, can even a would-be hero maintain his course? Or like so many others, will he stray from it...and fail?
    Pairings:
    Shirou x Ciel
    Comments:
    A surprise pairing in an unlikely, yet provoking setting. Could be called AU, but without most of the trappings of a wish fulfillment, 'let's change everything to suit my needs' fic. Well written and rather original in execution, a definite rec.

Title: Echoes of the Void
    Author:
    AlfheimWanderer
    Genre:
    Action, Adventure, Drama
    Summary:
    Scorned as "the Zero", Louise de la Vallière has never cast a successful spell in her life. With the Familiar Summoning Ritual her last hope to prove herself a mage, what will result when she summons someone else inextricably linked to the void?
    Pairings:
    None
    Comments:
    Yet another Zero no Tsukamia crossover, this time starring Mana Ryougi. It makes use of some interesting creative liberties, such as the nature of demon hunters on the ZnT side, as well as some very violent encounters early in the story that explore Halkeginian politics. Great character relationships and development, and while perhaps not as fun as Hill of Swords, it is of higher literary value.

Now, for the less pleasant -1 category:

From Fake Dreams, by Thirdfang:

I once recced this fic on account of while not being great, I still thought it had enough merits and enough untapped potential to be of worth if the author went in a different direction. That opinion has since faded with the onset of some very, very bad chapters as of late. Little has changed about the still hefty and occasionally difficult to read prose, and the cries for a new beta reader have fallen on deaf ears. Worse are the bad story decisions that have stacked, and stacked, and stacked until the most recent one about Assassin's identity finally broke it all. It's now impossible to justify the amount of effort one would put into reading such a fic.

In Flight, by Gabriel Blessing:

It's a sentiment that has been harped many, many times, but I'll repeat it. This fic has fallen to the lowest of lows. The harem is unbearable, the characters have been torn to shreds (most notably Shirou's entire crux of characterization has been ripped from him), the infodumps have been progressively worse, and the whole thing is a mess from both a structural and narrative standpoint. It's a shame to see a writer fall so far, but unfortunately, a man whose fics I once universally recommended is now beyond my capacity to reconcile reason with.

And finally, for the awkward 0 section, where I must take away a +1 but without slapping on a -1:

What it Takes to Win, by Void Herald:

I initially recommended this fic as a bit of fun and a decently executed "what if more than seven servants were summoned" fic. It still is a lot of fun watching the massive cast play off each other. However, after a couple reread and some more recent chapters, I've realized some more major issues. Firstly, the cast's size has come at the price of emotional involvement and some pretty cheesy and contrived death scenes that occasionally feel like the author is weeding out character for lack of a better option. Furthermore, the story's fluctuation between comedy and drama creates for some very, very awkward moments when the transition is far too abrupt. The main team seems a bit entirely too powerful at the moment, and that's also detracting from the experience. Overall though the fic still remains decent with a lot of potential. It just needs to get over a bit of an identity crisis where the author has to decide what exactly he wants make this story into and run all the way with it.
    Last edited by Riven; April 23rd, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Now I'm gonna have to figure out a way to link neutral reviews. Dark green?
    Any ideas?

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Now I'm gonna have to figure out a way to link neutral reviews. Dark green?
    Any ideas?
    Dark green seems appropriate. Or you could go purple.

Blog Entries
    Why'd you link completely different stories with the first letters of a few of story titles?