Page 258 of 302 FirstFirst ... 158208248253256257258259260263268 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I have no idea how the hell Chaos Theory managed to get so many fucking votes.
    Dude it's the Pedo Route, of course it got an inordinate amount of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    [Redacted]
    Last edited by Kuradora; May 10th, 2014 at 01:31 AM. Reason: A mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    It means your system works because people read the top stuff and then go on to throw in with the rest, and it becomes an endless cycle that Moczo can farm until he's top level and rich.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also been around for a while so I've noticed that both people that aren't nearly as involved in the ff forum currently but were in the past have upvoted it, while newcomers have because hey, it's the first thing on the list and deserving of votes for actual good writing.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    If I could remember to do so more than once or twice I'd bother to do regular fic showcases.

JP Friend Code
    Plus, it's the only fic amongst out top 5 that is actually still updating.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I like it because it was the first thing I read after emerging from HF with a raging hateboner for Nasu and a desire to see an Illya route. And unless the ufotable anime is absolutely based, Chaos Theory is the closest we'll ever get to the unreachable utopia.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    See, I'm always stopped by the fact that the grocery shopping scene and the "An older sister looks after her little brother" scene in HF are so absolutely perfect that I go, well, the feels don't get better, feelsquit.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I'm not disagreeing, but for me they were the kind of perfection that left me craving more rather than being satisfied. I don't want a few delicious samples; I want the full course meal, and even if I have to settle for a pale substitute that's better than sitting there and letting my stomach growl.

Blog Entries
    Because it's very well written, everyone gets a chance to shine, it's also posted on FFnet and has a TVTropes page.

Sadly, after he's finished with it though, it maybe the last FSN fic we ever see from Moczo.

(Check out his original stuff though, it's pretty amazing.)

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Hearts of the Suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Because it's very well written, everyone gets a chance to shine, it's also posted on FFnet and has a TVTropes page.

Sadly, after he's finished with it though, it maybe the last FSN fic we ever see from Moczo.

Seconding this, everyone should at least give Slayer of Evil a chance. It has it's ups and downs, but for the most part I come out of every novelette feeling satisfied.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post

Link?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Link?
    http://www.amazon.com/Andrew-Moczuls..._athr_dp_pel_2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Here is his JukePop Serials link to read it for free.

Just make sure you vote if you like it. He can get paid if he gets enough votes.

(I've got one too, if anyone cares.)

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Moczo

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So i found a new recommendation for the thread, Nine ways Archers plans went horribly wrong.

9 descriptions of how his whole idea of erasing himself could have gone off rails, it's a crack fic, it's funny at times.

Also could any one drop some recs for Steadfast? Despite being based off in flight it is much better, and they at least attempt to explain the sudden change of shirou to being close to archer:

The thing about IF Shirou is that he has a mind/skill set that doesn't really seem to fit Sunny Day Shirou. While it is certainly something that could develop organically given time and certain types of experiences, we didn't see how it could've happened given the circumstances of his background as given in IF. He spent a year in Fuyuki, then two in London, all with Rin and Saber, neither of whom would really be able (or want) to shape him in that way. They aren't Natalia, so he needed an equivalent (though obviously Odell cares less about Shirou as a person than Natalia did about Kiritsugu). On the plus side, this gives the people who love him someone they can all hate together! We did consider not addressing this issue at all, but after rereading the third match and the Higa arc we couldn't believe Rin and Saber wouldn't see it — and be deeply concerned.

(Odell brags about her work to Rin and Saber in a relatively safe setting because she finds it pointless to create a piece of 'art' if no one is aware of what she did. Pride, through and through.)

As far as the Path of the Shura goes, we looked into the shura/asura/every variant spelling we could think of and couldn't find anything that really fit the Path of the Shura with how it was described in IF. So our question was, if it wasn't a historical idea Shirou could have heard of, where in the world did he come up with it? Our thoughts were that it could very well be the result of what happens when you combine Shirou's deeply held desire to save with a subconsciously-imposed image, specifically the idea of an asura, a wrathful, warlike demigod. We realize this is a horrible plot device yanked right out of Inception, and are pretty much expecting to get flack for it, but we couldn't find another way to make it make sense within the text. (Interestingly enough, in IF the Path of the Shura is mentioned briefly and then slowly starts growing in importance, almost as if a seed were blossoming…)

So there you have it. As much as it might be occasionally satisfying to blame all of Shirou's changes on Sekirei bonds, getting a Sekirei doesn't confer a degree from assassin school. (Besides, Linn did that once already. Repeating yourself is boring!)
    That being said thrown an other -1 from to In Flight, i checked the last chapters and i was thinking that it went trough a genre shift from action/retarded writing to Crack fic/even more retarded writing.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; May 11th, 2014 at 03:20 AM.

I... thought I had done a review and +1 to Steadfast.

Time to fix that.

Steadfast is how In Flight should had been after the arrival of Rin and Saber. After a paragraph or two of Shirou behaving like GB-rou, Bard linn and Kiraya changed it back to actual Shirou. They also gave a real reason why Shirou would behave like a sociopath instead of himself, unlike the bullshit of "Rin did it because it was better to have a murdering sociopath than a selfish selfless guilty ridden guy". They also explore what Rin and Saber had been doing before arriving to Shinn Tokio, and after the first two chapters of so, they also make the birdies stop being birdies and become somewhat characters (given, almost no one can do too much for Sekirei's characters without them being OOC, but...)

I suspect it would also avoid the whole stupidity of "Minaka was a good magus" that I think it happened at the end of IF, and I also suspect it would avoid the whole "Emiya Clan ending" thing. But I can't confirm it yet.

All in all, an enjoyable fixfic (in the meaning that its fixing another fic) with the character being actually in character. The only but I can really find is that they hadn't updated anything since september.

A +1 for Steadfast.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I like it because it's about Ilya and Shirou without the creepy pedo shit (unless something changed since the last time I read it)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    I like it because it's about Ilya and Shirou without the creepy pedo shit (unless something changed since the last time I read it)
    Ilya is the Love Interest, and she kisses Shirou while he sleeps in her lap at one point.