Page 135 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3585125130133134135136137140145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    haven't seen this in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you, Seika, I was waiting for that.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    So people are playing up Achilles and Patroclus and Waver and Alex as something akin to soulmates again?

Shocker
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    So people are playing up Achilles and Patroclus and Waver and Alex as something akin to soulmates again?

Shocker
    As far as ships go it's a rather tame one, all things considered. More plausible than an Illya route, for instance.

love me until I love myself Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I second the recommendation of τὸν ἐγὼ περὶ πάντων τῖον ἑταίρων, ἶσον ἐμῇ κεφαλῇ though. (+1 I think is how you do it?) I certainly don't think it overdoes anything with regard to Waver and Iskandar being more connected than they were. It doesn't force any particular overtones of it being anything but a very significant relationship to Waver, which it was. It had a profound impact on who he is as a person. It's a very nice piece about ongoing grief and the processing of that grief after a sense of loss while showing that Waver has moved on with his life. It's really nicely-written.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

Shocker
    Despite the conclusions one might jump to based on the author's provided translation of the title's origin, this is not (and I thought I made this clear enough, but apparently I didn't), not a shipfic.

Also despite the assumptions fandom tends to make, the title can but is not necessarily intended to be applied to Waver and Iskander. I cannot help but feel this is one of the precise reasons the title is presented in the fashion that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Love would be a ... strong interpretation of τίω. If we look elsewhere in the Iliad for context ...

τῷ μὲν νικήσαντι μέγαν τρίποδ᾽ ἐμπυριβήτην,
    τὸν δὲ δυωδεκάβοιον ἐνὶ σφίσι τῖον Ἀχαιοί:
    ἀνδρὶ δὲ νικηθέντι γυναῖκ᾽ ἐς μέσσον ἔθηκε,
    πολλὰ δ᾽ ἐπίστατο ἔργα, τίον δέ ἑ τεσσαράβοιον.

For the victor, a great tripod made to put over the fire,
    which the Akhaians valued among themselves at twelve oxen;
    for the defeated man, he put up as a prize a woman,
    skilled in many kind of work, whom they valued at four oxen.
    (Iliad 23.702-5)

Also, he values Patroklos as "equal to my life", not also beyond his life. The grammar makes that pretty clear. Lattimore's nonsense again. (And, in Googling where the translation came from, I find so many English writers who are running even farther with the 'love' because they don't know better. Aaaaaa).
    I defer to you, of course, but fairness to the translation they provided compels me to point out that what they said was "as well as my own life", which to me reads the same way as what you have provided here. And "love" always feels like a strong word due to the heavy romantic overtones we tend to place on it in modern society, but I think that the placement of this author's note after the fic provides contextualization that prevents it from being too misleading.

I appreciate the additional information, though.

Blog Entries
    Mmmm. "[I love] as well as my own life", not "[beyond my companions] as well as my own life". Comma as more than caesura. Yes, I suppose that makes sense. My fault for reading it the other way.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    So, out of curiosity, I was looking for fics that had Bedivere as a character and, in my 5 minutes of searching, found two that caught my eye but I believe aren't going to update anytime soon:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10803810/1/Alternate ~ Retelling of the Arthurian Legend in a "what if Saber Alter was King instead of the regular Saber".

and the second I found on AO3:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/524...pters/12103658 ~ Retelling of Morte L'Arthur if it were told in the Nasuverse.

Anyway, I just wanted to share 'em, since they seemed interesting and all. They certainly gave me some ideas.
    Last edited by Historia; March 14th, 2016 at 08:29 PM.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    Any good Tsukihime fanfics? It doesn't have as many fanfics as F/SN
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    As far as ships go it's a rather tame one, all things considered. More plausible than an Illya route, for instance.
    Says the blob writing Touko x Illya pr0n. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    I'd like to tentatively give a +1 to Moonlit Fate.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11720485/1/Moonlit-Fate

Roa chose a different person to reincarnate in. Blood heralded his coming into the world, and now the Moon rises, casting its light over a city stained with blood and evil.
    Basically, it's a cross between Tsukihime and Fate where Rin is Roa's next incarnation. It's still in it's early stages (Sakura just summoned her servant), and I've noticed one or two lore quibbles, but I like the premise enough that I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaos Theory updated, if anyone here still follows.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/32/Chaos-Theory
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Even in your fanfiction, F-O-E Sakura derails things into Heaven's Feel. The stakes haven't been raised. The bar hasn't been raised. I really do feel like it's just HFv2.0, and that's annoying.

It felt like it was building up to something, but nothing came of the Illya/Rin confrontation, except the final secret of Illya's limited lifespan coming out. Which placated Rin, for some reason. (And still, somehow this was the better part of the chapter). Illya better have more than the Deus Ex Machina/Savior from the Heavens role she had in vanilla HF's climax, otherwise this is going to feel like a waste of time. At least Shirou's finally going to get to do some shit (maybe, who knows). Better still, Archer's dead, so that's one less conduit for Moczo snark.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    A lot of fanfiction authors have trouble moving away from Sakura as either the Fate or UBW-styled barely there supporting character or Heaven's Feel redux. There is almost no middle ground. I think Velsper's Eureka! was the last story I read to use her in a novel way.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    A lot of fanfiction authors have trouble moving away from Sakura as either the Fate or UBW-styled barely there supporting character or Heaven's Feel redux. There is almost no middle ground. I think Velsper's Eureka! was the last story I read to use her in a novel way.
    She was still crazy and evil there, though.

If anything, Shinji had the novel development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

Crazy and evil without going full Shadow/Dark Sakura mode

It took something we had already seen and put a new spin on it.

It's like saying Gilgamesh and Kirei are always bad guys. They're meant to be antagonists.
    Last edited by Imperial; April 14th, 2016 at 04:24 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think this is usually mentioned in the summaries, so—

Fics with good fight scenes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Ooh that's a good idea actually
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post

I'll take what I can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I don't think this is usually mentioned in the summaries, so—

Fics with good fight scenes?
    Bloble's stuff is usually good?
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

Blog Entries
    I had a request of sorts for this thread, would it be feasible to put a repository of the fanfic contests both new and old on the front page or would it be better to make a new thread for that kind of thing?

With how things move around on this forum it can be easy enough for the contest threads to fall to the hand of time as such it might be a good idea to have some way to keep track of them all.