Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfiction Recomendations Thread (Rec in this thread, discuss in other)

Blog Entries

Type-Moon Fanfiction Recomendations Thread (Rec in this thread, discuss in other)

Because the other thread became like 600 pages of spam, we're doing this again and doing it lean, mean, and tight.

Rules Here:

1. You recommend Fanfics
    2. Discussion for said recommendations should go here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ics-Discussion
    3. We should have some sort of set up with links to make it easier to read said fics:

Title: That Ever Illusive Utopia
    Author: Elf
    Summary: A king of knights who lost her kingdom lost in a time not her own and a hero in a position to save the first person he could not save. Together, they might find something more than they expected.
    Pairing(s): (If Applicable) Archer/Saber, Sakura/Shirou
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...llusive-Utopia and at Fanfiction net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7139568/...llusive_Utopia

That's pretty much should be your posts on this thread, with discussion going here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ics-Discussion

So, let's recommend some fanfics!
    Last edited by Elf; September 3rd, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    All of Kieran's stuff. All of it. Links are here:http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...ll=1#post10914
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Shouldn't this be stickied?

Title: Verg Avesta Christmas Special
    Author: Verg Avesta
    Summary: Kotomine gets a Christmas surprise from his daughter. Awesome bonuses included (your experience may vary).
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...istmas-Special
    Rating: 5/5, one of the few fics deserving a full 5/5

Title: Sharkura
    Author: Mereo Flare
    Summary: Sakura + Shark + dick = ??? (Not a troll fic!!)
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/50a8-Sharkura
    Rating: 4/5

Title: Dear Series
    Author: Rapebird
    Summary: A series of powerfully written stories, Dear Tohsaka is the sadest and Dear Emiya is arguably the best
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/163-Dear-Emiya
    Rating: 5/5

*The rest of the stories are linked there at ff.net since I can't be arsed to dig them up

Title: Sunlight
    Author: RadiantBeam
    Summary: One shot of Rin x Shirou post HF True.
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...irou)(One-shot)

Title: Baka Academy
    Author: Tangerang
    Summary: Entire type-moon cast shifted into a school and separated according to intelligence or something I forgot, the story is great regardless.
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...y-Extra-Period

Title: Fate/Something something (with Tsukihime too!)
    Author: eddyak
    Summary: Hard to summarize without spoilers...the servants all challenge the most dangerous object on the planet?
    Link:http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Tsukihime-too!)

Title: Teach us Gil-sensei!
    Author: Verg Avesta.
    Summary: Great Teacher Onizuka except with Gilgamesh. (Gil is assigned to teach a high school, awesome hinjinks ensue)
    Link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-us-Gil-sensei!

(Note: The difference between 4/5 and 5/5 is large on my rating)
    Last edited by Ragnarock; July 24th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    EDIT: Tried to recommend Letters, was sniped through an edit. DAMN IT
    EDIT 2: Then I double posted because I'm stupid.

Blog Entries
    This thread has been stickied.

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Toy Soldiers, and anything by Alfheim Wanderer.
    one
    Also Fate/Dawn Inertia.

Also, Kingdom of Summer.

I'll grab the links right now.

Toy Soldiers
    Author: Arhel
    Summary: A series of oneshots exploring what the Grail War would be like if Shirou had one of the other Servants. Goes through all of them.

Fate/Inertia Dawn
    Author: ItsaRandomUsername, w/ Alfheim Wanderer
    Summary: Fictional Servants replace mythological Servants.

The Kingdom of Summer

Author: elvarein
    Summary: Shirou is wished back in time, to a time when Arturia was still training as a squire.
    Last edited by Theocrass; July 25th, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Escaping Fate, by Arashi Leonhart:

A post-Fate story that chronicles Shirou and his friend's life as they save a young girl who was a victim of magus experiments.

Initially a rather human story about relationship development and living with past trauma, actual plot has begun to show up and evil has begun to rear its ugly head.

Characterization is spot-on, the new OC is actually likeable and Arashi Leonhart certainly knows his Type-MOON lore and isn't afraid to forge believable new ground in the Nasuverse.

Chaos Theory, by Moczo:

The smallest of changes impact life the most, and Shirou makes his mark on a certain Illyasviel Von Einzbern. What happens changes the entire face of the Holy Grail War in mere moments.

A take on an Illya-route storyline. Vey well-written with decent humor and above-par action scenes.

Of Leaves and Lillacs, by Dark Pulse

Follow two, life-changing weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha one year after the events of Tsukihime take place.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 28th, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

The Hill of Swords
    Author: Gabriel Blessing
    Summary: When Louise Valliere performed her summons for her familiar, she certainly didn't expect for it to be a human! Strangely enough, the boy she summoned, Shirou Emiya, didn't expect to get summoned so soon. He hadn't even died yet! FSN X ZnT

In Flight
    Author: Gabriel Blessing
    Summary: Honestly, Shirou was beginning to think that he should be used to this; being unwittingly selected to take part in brutal tournament that he had no idea existed until he found himself in the middle of it. Then again, second times the charm, right? FSN X Sekirei

Wing My Way
    Author: "jiten21"
    Summary: A fan's contribution to "In Flight"; a lemon fic expanding on the events of Chapter 23.
    Last edited by Inugami; July 30th, 2011 at 01:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Harry Potter the Game: Epic Edition (Crosses with F/sN later)
    Author: zerohour20xx
    Summary: After defeating Voldemort, Harry believed that everything would take a turn for the better...but one night, everything changed and Harry is forced to live his life again only with a big twist, his life seems to have been turned into a video game. HP/harem

...No, really, I spoke with the author on the subject. He's a fan of Fate and the Nasuverse, and I helped him with some grammar issues he had, and we spoke about the story in general. Fate is coming in at least in the third book of the Harry Potter series, and has an important issue in it coming fourth year at least... I mean, with how Zero moved the timeline back in the calendar system for how the Grail War worked.

Still, guess who the people that Harry is supposed to meet are, when you read chapter one? Hint: They're all from Fate.

Blog Entries
    Fate: Spiral Time, by Z.N Singer.

Summary: There are many theories about time. Some call it a circle, every repeating; others a line, never looking back. But the wisest call it a spiral, and say the future contains echoes of the past. But...if that is so...then do we all get second chances?

Additional Notes: Anime-only sequel.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You should probably add that, whilst that one is indeed anime-only, it's a very well-done anime-only sequel, and the author does seem to actually understand the characters (and their backstories) to a decent extent, even those who aren't properly characterised in the anime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    You should probably add that, whilst that one is indeed anime-only, it's a very well-done anime-only sequel, and the author does seem to actually understand the characters (and their backstories) to a decent extent, even those who aren't properly characterised in the anime.
    No reason to. People can read the story and see that for themselves.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Careful now, this thread is only for recommendations, so keep the discussion to the other thread. Or send the person a friendly reminder on their visitor page if you must comment, to keep this thread uncluttered.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    The Mystic Eyes of Harry Potter
    Harry Potter/Tsukihime: Near-death experiences often bring tragic and unforeseen consequences. Harry Potter was blessed, or cursed depending on your point of view, with the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception... A terrible power he alone can wield right.

No, really, I'm serious. This has to do with Harry getting the MEoDP! The Evans are also like the Nanaya, in the regards that they're assassins, and Petunia Dursley is one of them! Just read the whole thing, and you can understand what's going on, because I already said too much... granted, this is only three chapters long, but it's good (for now).

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Title: Solid Fate
    Author: Anon1000
    Summary: A surviving snippet from the "What if Shirou was Raised by..." thread on the old Beast's Lair. A one-shot that delves into what could have been if Solid Snake had happened to find and rescue shota!Shirou from the ravages of the Fuyuki Fire. Includes mandatory box scene.

Title: Fate Metal Panic!
    Author: Alyeris
    Summary: A surviving snippet from the "What if Shirou was Raised by..." thread on the old Beast's Lair. A one-shot that illustrates another AU, this time where Shirou was taken in by Mithril. Yes, he's a mecha pilot now. AWWWWW, SHHH-----.
    Last edited by Soldat der Trauer; July 28th, 2011 at 01:20 AM.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I Put on My Robe and Wizard Hat, by VelspertheCat
    The epic story of Shirou Urobochi, a Shirou who never lost it all in the great Fuyuki Fire, as he is thrust into the world of magi and Servant combat and is only armed with his wits, obscure pop culture references, and a gift for trolling surpassed only by that creepy priest in the church.

Hilarity and all-around awesome ensues. Contains numerous shout-outs to movies, music, books, anime, and other fanfictions.

*Note: An alternate interpretation AU*

Has an omake section here, and a Tsukihime-centric sequel in the form of Apostles in Leather Pants, which is also highly recommended.

Magical Vanguard Shirou, by Erlkonig
    It's Fate/stay night: The Super Sentai Version!

Except...it isn't. Exactly.

Due to serious issues with the initial Heaven's Feel ritual, Masters in the Holy Grail War have been granted the ability to access a super-powered alternate form that allows them to combat the darkness that threatens to consume the world whenever the Heaven's Feel gauntlet has been thrown.

Rampant GARness inbound.

Fate/Phantoms, by Burnout
    Thirty years after the Fifth War of the Holy Grail, Ichiro Tanaka, protege of Emiya Shirou and Master of Assassin, participates in the Sixth.

Imagine Fate written as a film noir style work, but with all of the grit, violence, ruthlessness and nastiness prevalent in Fate/Zero. Mix in some apocalyptic murmurrings that echo Fate/hollow ataraxia, and you have the darkly compelling tale that is Fate/Phantoms.

A psuedo crossover with Phantom of Inferno.

Prelude here.

Fate/Overture, by Egophobia
    A soldier from the trenches makes his way to Russia during the 30s in order to take part in the Vodnyisad Grail War. A story that contains vibes of Fate/strange fake, due to application of a not-quite Grail War as a central plot.

Like the above recommendation, Fate/Overture features a mostly OC cast. However, there is a certain level of intrigue that once again calls to mind Fate/Zero, and the action is pretty spot-on and intense.

The Loli Grail War, by Twelveseal
    To describe this story merely as a "Grail War with every Servant as a Type-MOON loli" does the story and the writing a huge disservice. We're talking XBOX HUEG here.

In spite of, or perhaps BECAUSE of, it's somewhat cracky premise, the story hits home what a war between magi is all about. It's not all fun-and-games with the girls here, these ladies are as cunning and merciless and powerful as any canon Servant out there. Twelveseal does not let the readers forget that this is indeed still a Holy Grail War, and that just about everyone is at odds with each other, while also providing rounds of humor and even High Octane Nightmare Fuel whenever appropriate. Asses will still be kicked, and cherries will still be popped.

Just about every Fate player is getting in on this action, with even the minor background characters serving a role in the grander scheme of things. Contains a little something for everyone...unless you miss the canon Servants.
    Or aren't into lolicon. NSFW, by the way.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; July 28th, 2011 at 05:10 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pata Hikari's Endless Dream and other assorted shorts.

Although frankly I prefer the original Endless Dream over its current incarnation (at this stage, mostly due to the better introduction of the setting, as it seems to have been taken for granted in its present form), the content is definitely good value-for-word. In particular I believe the short involving the fall of Zepia to become the Night of Wallachia is one of the most tragic and moving fanfiction pieces I have had the pleasure of reading.

I hope I am not mis-attributing this quote here, but Pata Hikari truly meant (and enforced) it when he said that canon be damned if it's what it takes to write a good story.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Title: Mahou Heishi Ensign Shirou
    Author: InsertRandomUsernameHere
    Summary: Fuyuki burns, and people suffer. But what happens when one of these war-scarred lives...ends up being taken under the wing of the most badass team that the TSAB has? What happens next after he returns to his old world in order to prevent disaster?
    Description: Kiritsugu dies after stuffing Avalon on Shirou, and the Wolkenritter + Hayate find him. When the Holy Grail stirs again after a decade, the TSAB sends Ensign Shirou Yagami on a mission to the place of his birth.
    Pairing(s): [Hinted] Shirou x Signum
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7226761/..._Ensign_Shirou

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    o___0

...whoa.

Blog Entries
    I got a kick out of being recommended as "rapebird" but a minor note, maybe the letters should link to Tohsaka instead of Emiya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.