Page 20 of 858 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

マリーの味方
    I actually like what you did with him a lot. The concept behind him is great, and better than anything I could have thought of.

Honestly I wish we had him for real now, your translation of him into the Nasuverse is pretty believable.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wow, what a sheet right there. I'd been wanting to do a Berserker Genghis Khan for a while, but could never think of any creative enough NPs and yours is... just great.

Considering the fame of Genghis and how successful his empire was, I'd say Military Tactics could've easily been at rank A, but since he has two A-rank Skills already that's probably unnecessary. Scourge Of God adds some nice flavor, while clearly based around Nobu's Innovation variant it's changed up to match Genghis himself.

I like how you patterned him off Attila with the non-human origin and 'futuristic' weapon-design. Golden Whip is pretty crazy, especially with that visual you provided. I imagined it as more of a 'symbol of his authority' sort of deal, but since Attila had a super-powerful laser sword giving Genghis something to match is only fair. Seriously. That thing is epic. Is the 'splitting apart the sky' image from the One Punch Man Boros versus Saitama fight by any chance? Thought it looked a bit familiar.
    You're right about the One Punch Man graphic and my basis for designing him was basically along the lines of "Altera and Nobu's adopted kid". Although Genghis was a masterful tactician he actually had a few excelent warrior tacticians to help advise him - namely Tsubodai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Saint Walpurga
    Nice to see her, when I saw her name I immediately thought of Madoka Magica as well. I like her Noble Phantasm as having a parade is rather unique as a Noble Phantasm. You could have very easily made it into a reality marble of sorts but instead you put your own twist on it, nicely done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Queen Victoria
    You win Best Queen award.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Hiawatha
    A flag and a giant eagle as noble phantasms? Clearly the most AMERICAN of american servants

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Louis XVI
    Excellent FC choice. He has a well thought out personality and the concept behind his works well into the sheet. I hadn't though of giving him mystic eyes or joyeuse which helps him stand out a lot.

Also your choice for his natural enemies "Those three idiots" is just as great.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, it took quite a while but now that we've reached the 20th page I've finally compiled all the past Servants posted here. May require a little rejiggering since the way I wrote it up doesn't quite line up with how it is in the OP, though. In any case, at least it's all up.

America:
    Caster- Elvis Presley by RoydGolden
    Caster- Henry Ford by Zork Knight
    Archer- Hiawatha by Funderfullness

Arabic Mythology & History:
    Ruler- Saladin by Spartacus

China:
    Archer- Jiao Yu by Hakuro
    Saber- Hong Xuiquan by Funderfulness
    Rider- Merong Mahawangsa by Spartacus
    Archer- Sun Shangxiang by RoydGolden
    Archer- Sun Shangxiang by Bird Of Hermes
    Ruler- Liu Bei by RoydGolden
    Lancer- Zhao Yun by Bird Of Hermes

Christianity & Judaism:

Saber- Simon Bar Kokhba by RoydGolden (genderbent)
    Caster- St. Cyprian by Funderfullness

Britain:
    Saber- Sir Balin le Savage by Bird Of Hermes
    Lancer- Bedivere by RoydGolden (not canon compliant)
    Assassin- Sir Kay by RoydGolden
    Berserker- Vortigern by Draconic
    Archer- Edward IV by Ramseph Boltstar
    Lancer- Queen Victoria by Asterism42

The Slavs:
    Caster- Anna Ivanovna

Classical Mythology & History:
    Striker- Spirit Of The Olympics by RoydGolden
    Assassin- Herostratus by Shikyo21
    Archer- Camilla by Bird Of Hermes
    Rider- Medea by Bird Of Hermes (alternate Class for existing character)
    Caster- Daedalus by RoydGolden
    Rider- Sciron by RoydGolden
    Saber- Damocles by RoydGolden
    Lancer- Meleager by RoydGolden

Fairy Stories:
    Caster- The Little Mermaid by Bird Of Hermes
    Assassin- Brer Rabbit by Dozer095 (genderbent)

Korea:
    Archer- Choe Museon by Constructman

Japan:
    Archer- Minamoto No Tametamo by Funderfullness
    Lancer- Sanada Yukimura by Asterism42

India:
    Rider- Guru Gobind Singh by Funderfullness
    Assassin- "Mysterious Beauty" by Asterism42

Sub-Saharan Africa:
    Berserker- Nyabinghi by Funderfullness
    Caster- Modjadji by Funderfullness
    Lancer- Shango by Funderfullness

Germany & Germanic Peoples:
    Rider- Frederick I by Spartacus
    Assassin- Irma Grese by Funderfullness
    Caster- St. Walpurga by Spartacus

Post-Classical Italy:
    Archer- Marco Polo by RoydGolden (genderbent)

Scandinavia:
    Lancer- Composite Valkyrie by Magikewl

Spain:
    Saber- El Cid by Bird Of Hermes

Ireland:
    Caster- St. Briget by Funderfullness

France:
    Saber- Meriadeuc by You
    Saber- Louis XVI by Nuclear Consensus

Mongolia:
    Berserker- Genghis Khan by Bird Of Hermes

Nasuverse:
    "God"- Kinoko Nasu by Gil-Kun (joke Servant)

...Hooh. That was one way to spend around ~20 minutes of my life...

His full name is Guru Gobind Singh, btw.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    His full name is Guru Gobind Singh, btw.
    ...I thought Guru was more like a title? In any case, added it.

Looking forward to seeing this put up in the OP.

So are Saint and Queen, and I see those up there too.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I think Saladin should fall under Egypt category because he is an Egyptian Sultan, not Arabic.

My St. Walpurga too should fall under Cristianity because saint, but Germany is not technically wrong.

It's my fault tho, should post the myth origin in my future sheets.

Saladin is a Kurdish Muslim who's most famous for fighting in the Middle East in the Crusades, so I think Arabic fits better. That's just me, though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Beat me to the punch there Royd. Eh, I'll keep track of new servants as they come out and make a list around december time.

Blog Entries
    Oops. I forgot to include Class under Ramseph's Edward IV. Corrected.

Class: Lancer
    Alternate Classes: Berserker, Caster

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B): Cancels spells three verses or shorter.

Personal Skills

Orisha (B): Lancer is a deity in the Yoruba religion, and rules over storms, justice,
    dance and virility. This skill functions as Divinity, and allows for the absorption
    of the ashe or divine energy of the Creator, Olodumare, which is present in all living
    things, but the sun most of all. Lancer receives increased defense and recovery power
    when in direct sunlight, and can transfer this energy to others to reinforce and heal.

Prana Burst (Lightning) (A): Increases Lancer's performance by infusing his body and
    weapon with prana and instantly expelling it. Lancer can transmute this prana into
    electricity. This skill is crucial for activating and maintaining his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm

Oshe~Thunder, Lightning and Rain Am I (A+, Anti-Unit)

A wooden staff used by priests of Lancer to evoke his spirit. Its head is carved in the shape
    of a dancing woman, representing his wife, Oya. By invoking her name, a great double axehead
    made of pure lightning sprouts from the woman's head, appearing to be an elaborate headdress.
    While in this form, it is a devastating weapon on the level of the implements of Zeus, Indra and
    Thor. The image of Oya, the goddess of the wind and storms, provides balance to the weapon,
    just as a violent and destructive storm also brings rain that nourishes the land, so Lancer is
    able to finely control any destruction that he unleashes with the axe and even reverse it.

Background
    Shango is the deity or orisha of storms of the Yoruba people in Nigeria. Once a powerful
    king of the ancient Oyo Empire of Nigeria, he was a violent warrior and a powerful mage.
    His rule was marked by a whimsical use of power, and one night he lost control of his
    magic and inadvertently caused a thunderstorm that destroyed his palace and killed his
    family. Ashamed and grieving, he left his kingdom and hung himself.

When his enemies began to celebrate his demise, a rash of storms destroyed their lands.
    It was revealed that he had ascended to the realm of the orishas and had been accepted
    as one of them, as they occasionally welcomed mortals into their ranks. He became the
    god of storms, and it is said that the rolling of the thunder is him playing drums and
    dancing across the sky. He is described as one who loves a good party and a good fight.

Blog Entries
    It seems like you've been on a roll with African Heroic Spirits lately, Funderful. This one's good, and I'm struck by how much he seems to be the African counterpart of Thor.

Since this is the first profile for this page I might as well include it as part of my compilation above.

My gf jokes that at this point I'm just alternating between saints and African gods at this point.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Saladin is a Kurdish Muslim who's most famous for fighting in the Middle East in the Crusades, so I think Arabic fits better. That's just me, though.
    I shall disagree there because it like calling a Japanese Buddhist an Indian or American Jewist an Israeli.

@Shango why Lancer tho? I mean his NP is an axe.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I shall disagree there because it like calling a Japanese Buddhist an Indian or American Jewist an Israeli.
    Where they're famous is actually already established in Nasuverse as being more important than their birthplace or actual nationality. Astolfo is English but is treated as a French hero since he's one of the Paladins, Lancelot is French but treated as an English hero, and EMIYA is Japanese but brown and thus given a foreigner's name.

Blog Entries
    My gf jokes that at this point I'm just alternating between saints and African gods at this point.
    Wow, you have a GF whose into/knows about Type-Moon? Lucky guy.

Also, about Shango, since he ascended to godhood couldn't the Divinity Skill at some ranking be appropriate? Unless the idea is that only the 'mortal aspect' of him was summoned...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    EMIYA is Japanese but brown and thus given a foreigner's name.
    What do you mean by 'given a foreigner's name'?

- - - Updated - - -

@Shango why Lancer tho? I mean his NP is an axe.
    Axe is close enough to a spear I'd say, being that they're both polearms. Same logic I used for my Culhwch Servant, anyways.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's that gag comic with the two Artoria's noting that they're the only Lancer class Servants who actually use lances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What do you mean by 'given a foreigner's name'?
    エミヤ is not a Japanese surname.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Where they're famous is actually already established in Nasuverse as being more important than their birthplace or actual nationality. Astolfo is English but is treated as a French hero since he's one of the Paladins, Lancelot is French but treated as an English hero, and EMIYA is Japanese but brown and thus given a foreigner's name.
    KoTR is an England knights, Roland's Paladins is an France knights and I'm sure Emiya is treated as Japanese Servant.

But Saladin is not an Arabian sultan, his sultanic reign was Ayyubid, an Egyptian Sultanate that succeed Fatimid Egypt. Most of his champaign revolves around Jerusalem, a place located in Israel/Palestine. So I don't know why he would be known as an Arabic ruler, unless it's about early Western misconception of Muslim = Arabic, which definitely wouldn't happen in Middle East community.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I'm not saying he'd be an Arabic ruler, but I am saying he'd be an Arabic hero, since the Arabian Peninsula is where he's really famous. Just like how a French prince can be an English hero or an English prince can be a French hero or a Japanese palace guardian can be a hero of humanity in general.