Page 27 of 858 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829323777127527 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Shielders have MR and Riding; is Self-Field Defense also a class skill or is that just something Mash has?
    Wiki says it's a Class Skill, but I doubt that means anything to you.

Class: Shielder
    Alternate Classes: Saber, Archer

STR: C
    END: B+
    AGI: D+
    MGI: D
    LCK: C+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A): Cancels spells A-rank or lower. Shielder's high resistance comes from her piety,
    as well as the magically enhanced silk that she wears as a hijab, which was a gift from Umar I.
    She is untouchable to modern magic.

Riding (D): Can ride most mundane beasts and vehicles.

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation (B): Shielder can survive and continue fighting with grievous
    wounds as long as they are not decisively fatal. Shielder was noted to have taken
    twelve serious wounds in battle before falling unconscious. Combined with her other
    skills, Shielder has formidable defensive power.

Guardian Knight (A): Raises defensive power when defending others. Shielder's most
    famous feat is protecting the Prophet Mohammed from enemy archers and cavalry, where
    he praised her for her courage.

Protection From Arrows (C): Increases defense against ranged attacks by predicting the
    projectiles' trajectories. As long as the shooter is within the line of sight, Shielder
    can track down ranged weapons with her eyes and defend against them.

Noble Phantasm

Uhud~Defense From All Sides (B+, Support)

An ability representing Shielder's defense of the Prophet Mohammed during the Battle of
    Uhud. Every time danger approached the Prophet, she hastened to protect him. Mohammed
    praised her after the battle, saying, "Wherever I turned, to the left or the right, I saw her
    fighting for me.
    " This ability activates when she is boosted by her Guardian Knight skill for
    defending a single individual. It creates a link between her and her protectee that allows
    her to sense anything that may damage them and interpose herself in front of them in order
    to intercept any attack. If anything is able to overwhelm her defenses and damage her
    protectee, the damage is reduced by an amount equal to a B-rank attack and Shielder then
    gains an increase to damage against the attacker. This is representative of Shielder treating
    the wounds of her son and then singling out the offending attacker and striking him down.

Background
    Nusaybah bint Ka'ab was an early convert to Islam and is best known for her heroic actions
    at the Battle of Uhud in 625 CE. She was attending to the soldiers with the other women by
    bringing them food and water, while her husband and sons fought. When the Muslim archers
    thought victory was at hand, they deserted the high ground to collect spoils, against the
    orders of the Prophet Mohammed. The tide turned, and it appeared that defeat was imminent.

Nusaybah picked up a sword, shield and a bow and rushed to Mohammed's side, acting as a human
    shield protecting him from enemy arrows. She was soon joined by her son Abdullah, and when a
    horseman attacked her, she pulled on the horse's bridle and plunged her sword into its neck,
    toppling the horse on top of its rider. Witnessing this, Mohammed then yelled for Abdullah to
    help his mother and the pair dispatched the struggling rider. The pair then circled around
    the Prophet, until Muhammad noticed Nusaybah's wounds and ordered her son to bandage them,
    and praised their heroism. Abdullah was wounded himself with a cut across his left arm, and
    Nusaybah treated him and told him not to lose courage. She was complimented by Muhammad on
    her own courage and he pointed out the man who had wounded her son. Advancing to him, she
    cut his leg off with a blow of her sword.

Nusaybah's twelfth wound left her unconscious on the battlefield. When she awoke, her
    first inquiry was whether Mohammae had survived.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; September 11th, 2016 at 10:39 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Looks pretty good to me. I was never expecting to see a sheet of that guy myself and I must say I'm impressed. I may try someone like Lovecraft himself or something like that.
    There are plenty of Lovecraft characters that could be servants; Randolph Carter, Joseph Curwen, Herbert West, Wilbur Whateley, Keziah Mason... Lots & lots of Casters.

US Friend Code
    Nusaybah bint Ka'ab
    nice servant but is the second NP necessary? if it's only function is to give MR it would be better as something as an unique skill.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Eh, I guess I can take it out. She's got enough defensive stuff anyways.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shielders have MR and Riding; is Self-Field Defense also a class skill or is that just something Mash has?
    I thought it was the class skill that was only just released for one reason or another. It doesn't help that Mash is the only Shielder atm.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Class skill.

I don't know who came up with "Self-Field" but that doesn't make much sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I thought it was the class skill that was only just released for one reason or another. It doesn't help that Mash is the only Shielder atm.
    It has been in FGO for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Class skill.

I don't know who came up with "Self-Field" but that doesn't make much sense.
    What's it actually called, then?

JP Friend Code
    It seems to be from MoC's translation back when it got datamined last year.

What's it actually called, then?
    Jijin (自陣) means your own territory/your ally's camp. So Self-Field sounds kinda weird.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Any commentary
    Quit asking and people might.

So Territory Defense would be better?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Quit asking and people might.
    Well, 'people' (more like person) already did so...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that sounds like a better name. I remember back when people were complaining that Shielders didn't have any unique Class Skills of their own and now it turns out that they do, it just took ages for it to be released, for some reason.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well here goes my first attempt at a Servant sheet here. Wanted to try my hand at her now because I feel like this is someone who's gonna appear in GO sooner or later since her two ''pen-pals'' are already in. You'll probably notice my format style looks literally the same as Hermes', that's because I asked him if I could use his format style in PMs.

Pic2 | Pic3

Class:
    Caster
    Name: Osakabehime
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Japan

Strength - E
    Endurance- E
    Agility- C
    Mana- A
    Luck- C
    NP- A

Height/Weight: 156cm/40kg
    Dislikes: Meeting people
    Talent: Manipulation
    Natural Enemy: Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Divine, Monstrous (when NP is activated)

Class Skills:

• Territory Creation (B+) - Creation of a ''workshop'' becomes possible. Due to Osakabehime's nature, the workshop she creates will undoubtedly be hidden from even her own Master's view due to how much she dislikes interacting with others. A strong spell to conceal her own territory will be casted and she will disappear from the Master's presence, returning to her hikikomori life style until she is called upon. It's needless to say, but she'll keep her animal spirit familiars to keep watch of her Master as to avoid possible assassinations.
    • Item Construction (B) - Though Osaka behime doesn't specialize in crafting any specific type of items, she is still capable of crafting potions and amulets that carry magical properties as expected of a Caster class Servant.

Personal Skills:
    • Divinity (B) - Osakabehime's ''true identity'' is rumoured to be that of Osakabegami, the deity of the mountain on which Himeji Castle was built upon. However, due to the nature of this rumour not being confirmed and her being treated as a yokai rather than a deity as well as the fame of said deity being very low in the first place, it is still possible to summon her as a Servant. But regardless of whether she really is the deity in question or not, Osakabehime seems to strongly dislike Toyotomi Hideyoshi for expanding the Himeji Castle and destroying the shrine dedicated for the goddess of the mountain.
    • Human Perception (A) - A technique to perceive what is in the heart of another and locate their true desire. A skill useful for Osakabehime who prides herself in being able to manipulate a person in any way possible with the information she perceives. Osakabehime was said to be able to see the true desires of people just with a single glance at them, and she used it for her manipulation games. Differing from Andersen's Human Observation in the fact that, unlike Andersen who was able to perceive the nature of people as a side effect of long-term observation of humans and see patterns to their behaviour, Osakabehime's skill was not born from observation and her own skill. Being able to see the true desires of someone is merely something she was gifted with from birth.
    • Witchcraft (A+) - Osakabehime is a yokai capable in the arts of using Withcraft, being able to tell the fortune of the castle lord and cast powerful curses on her enemies. When Osakabegami's shrine was destroyed, Osakabehime casted a curse on the castle lord that made him mysteriously ill and he was not cured until a new shrine was built in place of the old one.
    • Shapeshifting (B) - According to rumour, Osakabahime was capable of shapeshifting ranging from enlarging herself to 3 meters to becoming a nine-tailed kitsune or a large snake spirit.
    • Familiars (Kenzokushin) (B) - Osakabehime was said to use various animal-like spirits called the kenzokushin to preform various tasks for her.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Mystic Face of Unseen Beauty Death to the Eye of the Beholder (Anti-Unit Self) (A) - One of Osakabehime's Noble Phantasms. It is a powerful curse casted on Osakabehime's face meant to continuously lower the parameters of any enemy Servant who looks at her face. Should a Servant look at her face for longer than needed, it is possible for said Servant to be brought to a state of death. This is the Noble Phantasm born from the rumours in which it was stated that who ever looks upon the face of Osakabehime shall meet certain death. While Servants with Magic Resistance can resist the effects of this Noble Phantasm to a certain degree, Servants that possess no Magic Resistance will have their parameters drop rapidly and their mana will leak out until they disappear from the living world. Living humans such as Magi can be knocked out by a single glance at her face, however, if they attempt to resist it over a long period of time, they may die instead. More-so, the effects of her Noble Phantasm activate even if her face is viewed from a reflection or a projection, but she can willingly de-activate it against allies such as her Master.

However, even this Noble Phantasm possesses a clear weakness. In her legends, a single brave man ventured into the upper floor of the Himeji castle in search of Osakabehime and upon meeting her, he was surprised to see a beautiful woman instead of an ugly hag - which is a false picture of her formed by the minds of the people during that time due to the fact that her beauty was never seen. Amused by his bravery, Okasabehime gifted him proof for him to show others he met her and left him alive. As such, this will translate into the Noble Phantasm and the effects of it will be completely negated against Heroic Spirits that possess the skill Bravery or are known for brave acts. Even certain Masters that possess a degree of bravery (such as Emiya Shirou) will not be affected by her Mystic Face.

Himeji Castle The Lady of the Walls (Reality Marble) (C) -
    A Noble Phantasm that crystallizes Osakabehime's way of life as well as the great Himeji Castle she was stationed in. Upon activating this Reality Marble, she and her enemies will be pulled into the dark interiors of the upper floors of the Himeji Castle where Osakabehime resides, disturbed by no living presence. As such, in this castle, she will gain a Presence Concealment equalivent to that of an A+ ranked Presence Concealment and her curses will be empowered. Furthermore, if engaged in battle, she will gain the Disengage skill at the rank of C. She will be able to know the exact location of her enemy at any time and she will be able to move through the walls of the castle as if it were part of her own body and any damage done to the castle will be repaired shortly after.

Of course, the size of the castle itself was much smaller when in life, but when crystallized as a Noble Phantasm, it seems it's size was extremely overexaggerated in order to be able to conceal it's sole resident from any invaders. On the other hand, despite it's over-exaggerated size and extreme amount of laid out traps, this Noble Phantasm possesses a clear weakness as well. Somewhere in the Reality Marble, there is a single room illuminated by a weak light. In that room, there is an item hidden. It is the piece of an old family's hairloom armour - the same one she gifted to the brave Zusho that ventured into her castle in search for her. Should the enemy Servant obtain that item, it will become possible for them to leave the Reality Marble without Osakabehime's permission, making it unusable. Due to the amount of traps and constant assaults from the owner of the Reality Marble, it is however hard to obtain.

Metamorphosis The Nine-Tailed Kitsune... Snake? (Anti-Unit Self) (B) - Osakabehime's third Noble Phantasm. It based off on the statements that her true identity was that of nine-tailed kitsune or a snake spirit, as well as many other variations. But in truth, her form as a nine tailed kitsune or a powerful snake spirit is really only something she decided to copy after seeing her two friends Tamamo-no-Mae who is a nine-tailed kitsune and Kiyohime who is a powerful fire-breathing snake. Osakabehime's version of these forms are fakes and as such, their power is lower than that of Tamamo's or Kiyohime's monstrous forms. But regardless of it, this copy-cat NP will make her a dangerous foe in direct combat as to make up for her extremely lackluster STR and END parameters while in base form.

Furthermore, the true danger of this Noble Phantasm comes from the fact that she can combine it with her Reality Marble. A monster hiding in the shadows of a dark castle that could strike from any angle at any moment is like something taken from a haunted house type of tale meant to scare away trespassers.

Lore
    A yokai who was rumoured to live in the upper floors of the Himeji Castle during the edo period. She would descend from the attic once a year to tell the fortune of the castle lord. Due to her way of living life, none of the servants and civilians ever saw her and her existence was questionable at best. Rumours said that who ever looked into her face would meet instant death and as such, due to no one ever witnessing her appearance she was painted in the minds of the people as an old witch.

Her true identity is questionable. The most popular theory is that she was the Goddess ''Osakabegami'' of the mountain on which Himeji Castle was built on. When Toyotomi Hideyoshi expanded the Himeji Castle in the 1580's, he removed the shrine dedicated to the goddess. Angered, the goddess casted a curse on the caste lord at the time to make him fall mysteriously ill and the curse was not lifted until a new shrine was built. Other theories state that she is a nine-tailed kitsune or perhaps a snake spirit (but in truth, this is merely a form she copied from her two friends).

The basic legend goes that a young man called Zusho went on a bravery test in search of proving whether she really exists or not in the upper floors of the Himeji Castle. Once he arrived, he found a small light illuminating a dark room in the distance. Curiously he went to check the source of the light only to accidentally make unnecessary sound, alerting the person inside of the room at which a female voice screamed ''Who is there!?''. While starting to get scared, Zusho heard a kimono shuffling inside and when it finally reached the door, the person inside the room was indeed revealed to be the rumoured Osakabehime. However, her appearance was quite the contrary to that of what it was rumoured to be. Instead of an old witch, she was a beautiful young woman.

Upon seeing her appearance, Zusho was relieved and politely introduced himself. When she heard about his test of courage, Osakabehime was amused by the young man's courage and decided to gift him proof of having met her. She gave him what appeared to be a neck guard of a helmet that was a piece of his master's own family's heirloom. Grateful, he took it from her and said his goodbyes.

The day after that, Zusho told his Master the story of him meeting Osakabehime and although he didn't believe him at first, he had no choice but to believe it once Zusho presented the neck guard given to him by Osakabehime.

Notes
    Here's some short musings of mine I had while making this sheet.

1. I thought that someone like Cu Chulainn - who possesses Magic Resistance as well Battle Continuation to resist her Mystic Face, has a rune capable of continuously burning the wood of the Himeji Castle and engulf it in fire as to prevent it from being repaired, is a beast killer that gives him a boost shall her third NP be activated and lastly is known for bravery - would be a perfect counter to Osakabehime.

2. I wasn't too sure about her Witchcraft rank, but I decided to go with EX rank due to me figuring she'd definitely be above Mephistopheles who has A rank and I'd imagine she'd be at Tamamo's level unless it was said otherwise in Fate/Extra CCC (where I think she was mentioned by Tamamo as a friend?)

3. My NP naming creativity sucks so some of these names might sound pretty bad...

4. Some of you probably recognize the face-claim, but it is a character from Senshinkan, which is a VN written by the author of Dies irae. I just saw her design and thought she'd make up for a cool face-claim.

If there's any rank too high on the sheet, I'm probably willing to lower it just in case I made her too op.
    Last edited by Adlet; September 13th, 2016 at 10:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I wrote it as Allied Defense, if that helps any. Sounds OK to me, at least.

https://chaldeum.wordpress.com/servant/shielder001/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    figures.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like the way Territory Defence sounds, but I understand if it's a misleading translation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Osakabehime:

Osakabehime also likes e-dating and can be good friend with Jinako.

Tamamo's jujutsu also has connections to Dakini, so I don't think Osakabe should get the same level without a connection. Mephisto's jujutsu are classic Western curses, completely different from those that Tamamo used so I don't think using him to rank Yamato curses is fair. You can always make up new stuffs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Osakabehime:

Osakabehime also likes e-dating and can be good friend with Jinako.

Tamamo's jujutsu also has connections to Dakini, so I don't think Osakabe should get the same level without a connection. Mephisto's jujutsu are classic Western curses, completely different from those that Tamamo used so I don't think using him to rank Yamato curses is fair. You can always make up new stuffs.
    Aight, added the e-dating bit. Thanks.

And fair point. I wasn't too sure about the rank of Witchcraft I gave her anyways so I'll lower it to like A+ or A.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Osakabehime: It's nice to see what you've done here. I agree with Mizukume about Witchcraft so droping it down worked. The reality marble works quite nicely as it suits her legend and it is well fleshed out with flavour. The third NP is amusingly titled as well as well as how you connected it to her friends and in addition is meshes together with the second one as well.

Only criticism I could think of would be to remove shapeshifting perhaps as most of the description seems to be part of a noble phantasm which takes more prevalence (unless she gets the skill because of the NP at which my point is mute).

Blog Entries
    Adlet: First off, welcome to Create-A-Servant! Yours is pretty damn good for a first, if I do say so myself. I like how you managed to include a lot of flavor for her legend in the Skill descriptions, which is something I always try to do myself (well, in my case it's pretty much necessary since I almost never write out lore). When I saw 'Human Perception' I of course immediately thought of Andersen's Skill but you nicely set hers apart as more of a supernatural ability (almost like a kind of Mystic Eyes) so that works.

Her NPs seem well thought-out as well. First one reminds me a lot of Medusa but it fits, and the bravery clause works well to keep it from being too overpowered. If I must nitpick, there's a double negative in her second NP's description where it says 'undisturbed by no living presence' which technically means there's no presence that doesn't disturb her, while context clearly indicates you meant the opposite. You also spelt 'trespassers' with an extra S at the end of her third NP's description.

I agree with Hermes that Shapeshifting seems a little unnecessary given her third NP, and she has enough Skills already so I'd suggest scrapping that one, personally.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Jijin (自陣) means your own territory/your ally's camp. So Self-Field sounds kinda weird.
    Crib Defense
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.