Page 96 of 858 FirstFirst ... 4686919495969798101106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Then

Alexander the Great

there, historical guy who both contributed good things to world culture while also crucified a bunch of people because they made him angry, precedent set, move along

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It was an honest mistake but playing Devil's Advocate is always fun so I kept going.
    Personally I don't feel one way or the other about the guy so I didn't notice.
    And that's that. Someone less controversial hopefully coming up next.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Reminder King Arthur killed almost 1000 people at the battle of Badon Hill alone and massacred Saxons like it was going out of style.
    See, if I were going to mention a villainous deed by King Arthur, I'd have gone with the may day massacre, instead of a story in which he's repelling an invading force. That's really not comparable to the wars on the indigenous people of America (especially when we consider that ultimately the Saxons won and their descendants are just fine, as opposed to the Native Americans' situation).

Why do you think Saber Alter is even a thing.
    Because corruption by the Grail is a thing and Saber Alter doesn't actually have any basis in any real-world character, historical or fictional?

Blog Entries
    It was an honest mistake
    No it wasn't. If you felt he was lawful good, make him lawful good. If they don't like it, boo woo. Let them make their own sheet.

I don't see anyone else going off on some other questionable alignments (?) here. You're all a bunch of nerds for getting worked up over something like that.

Why do you think Saber Alter is even a thing.
    Because Takeuchi.
    Last edited by Historia; November 18th, 2016 at 10:02 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    Hmmm yes, i definitely see the similiarities between female King Arthur and guy who murdered tons of natives.
    So, if Andrew was genderswapped, that'd make everything okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jeez, I made a relatively mild comment (even admitted to liking the sheet) and then come back to find it's stretched out into a full-page argument.

I even thought after/while making the post that there have been similar cases in canon of whitewashing historical figures like Nero (surprised nobody brought her up) or maybe Iskandar if you stretch things a little. But the difference is that those are both from a really freaking long time ago where reliable historical records pretty much didn't exist, with direct descendants of pretty much anybody who was alive then being just about impossible to pin-point. Andrew Jackson by contrast was a president from fairly close to the modern era and the descendants of those he originally persecuted (the Native Americans) still very much exist and are still in fact persecuted (to a lesser degree) to this day. So it's a quite different thing, I'd say.

In any case, I wasn't demanding he change the sheet, just stating my own persona reservations on the matter. Personally I'd have preferred he added more stuff to the Personality section rather then just changing alignment but hey, it's not my sheet. (And overall it was quite good)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar

Source:http://granblue.wikia.com/wiki/Jeanne_d'Arc
    Class: Lancer
    Alternate Class: Avenger

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Shahnameh
    Region: Iran

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: B
    NP: A

Height/Weight: 159m/49kg
    Dislikes: Tyrants
    Talents: Fabricating the symbol of a nation
    Natural enemy: Zahhāk
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Human
    Armament: A simple sword

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (C)
    Ability to resist magecraft. At this rank, spell below two verses are cancelled. It cannot defend against High-Taumathurgy.
    While Lancer met very few magic in life, she lived in the Age of Gods and thus possesses a naturally fairly high rank in this skill.

Personal Skills:

Demonic Defender of the State: (B)
    The capacity to mark a territory that is counted as the servant's personal dominion priorto an engagement. Inside this field, she receives bonuses like the one given by Mad Enhancement at rank C.
    One day, a wicked sorcerer from another country overthrew the righteous iranian king . She rebelled against him and led a revolution that chased him out.

Symbol of Courage: (A)
    Ability to inspire other to action trough courageous actions. After the performing of a feat of arm, all of the servant's allies will be temporally granted Bravery at a equal rank.
    Lancer's defiance inspired many free spirit to join her cause against the wicked king.

Rage of the Lost Allies: (D)
    Denote those whose who fell into a rage at the lose of their loved ones. It gives the servant bonus modifier when a ally of them is slain at the cost of rational tought. At this rank, Strength and Endurance are ranked-up and the actions and toughts of the servant will become more rash than usual.
    Originally just another mild-mannered citizen, Lancer was driven to rebellion after the murder of her sons at the hand of the tyrant.

Noble Phantasm

Drafš-e Kāvīān
    The Sasarian Star

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1-10
    Max Target: 15

When she declared her revolution against Zahhāk, Lancer attached her leather apron to her spear, creating a makeshift banner. After the rebels succeded, the people decorated it with jewels and it became Drafš-e Kāvīān, the royal flag and symbol of the Sasarian Empire's fight against tyrrany. It carried the sign of a star, wich was said to carry fortune.

When dormant, it take the form of a well-made, if rather plain spear with a stained piece of leather attached to the top. However, calling it's true name will bring about a spectacular transformation. The leather will transform into a large and beautiful bejeweled flag. As it serves as the symbol of the Sasarian Empire, all lands that it effect cover will be counted as belongings to the empire that need to be protected. Thus, Lancer will receive the bonus of her Demonic Defender of the State skill no matter where she is. Furthermore, all those who she sees as her comrade and are caught in the aura of the effect will benefit from the same bonuses, with normal humans seeing their physical parameters raising to E-rank compared to Heroic Spirits. The Luck of all who are affected will also rise to A.

By using a major part of her magical energy and borrowing a bit of energy from all of her augmented allies, Lancer can activate a even more powerful attack. It takes the form of a large beam of mana whose damage is equal to the sum of their ranked-up strength. This attack is called Drafš-e Kāvīān: Strength of the Sarrasians and is a represesentation of the once-mighty empire founded by the combined strength of it's soldiers.

However, this Noble Phantasm comes with a risk. It was said that the loss of the flag would garantee the fall of the empire. If the banner is stolen by a enemy, Lancer and her allies will have imediatly "lost". They will recieve a considerable backlash that will kill them, appearing as if they spontaenously dissolve into light.

Lore

Lancer is Kāve the Blacksmith of Isfahan, from iranian mythology. She lived humbly from her work with her fourteen sons. One day, the Iranian ruler Jamshid was ovethrown. The usurper was a arabian man named Zahak and, while he was certainly cruel on the outside, carried a far darker secret. His body was the host of two demonic snakes that needed to be fed brains to be kept under control. He thus secretly fed them each days the brain of two random men. Amongst the victims were all of the blacksmith's son, save for one. One day, he tried to legitimize his reign by making all of his subjects sign a document that attested his justice. Kave came, accusing him of the murder of her sons. Desperate, Zahhak freed her last son that hasn't be fed upon. Still, her anger was not extinguished and she tore the document apart. She then declared her support of Fereydun, who was prophetised to bring an end to the tyrant's rule. Many people sick of years of tyranny followed her to the Alborz Mountain. There, they found the famed Fereydun. He agreed to led the revolution, and the newly formed army attacked the capital. There, Fereydun killed the usurper himself. Afterwards, Kave became one of his most prestigious subordinates and lived with her surviving son in fortune until her inevitable death.

Personality

Lancer is a very passionate person. She is driven by her will to protect those she calls familly and friend. She is very protective of their master, especially if they are a young boy. In this case, it is sure that she will have maternal feelings over them. She despise tyrannicals person and won't tolerate a master that treats her as a tool. She deeply regret having not be able to save her sons and her wish for the grail will undoubtly be able to save them from their grisly fate.

Tactics

Lancer is a capable fighter individually, especially if she stay in her own marked territory during all of the war. However, she really shines when fighting at the sides of other servants. Her personal skills and her Noble Phantasm allow her to boost her allies and gain a boost herself should one fall. In a pinch, she can use the strongest effect of her NP as a last resosrt. However, because of it's drawbacks, it is important that she is protected from potential thieves when it is active.

Last edited by Alexcoene; November 18th, 2016 at 03:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    B-but that's Jeanne.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Jeanneface

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    B-but that's Jeanne.
    Well, she's from a non-nasuverse source, so I can use it. And thanks for reminding me to add a source. Beside, I don't think that your FP were originally drawn with their conresponding person in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Jeanneface
    Well if freaking Nero can look like a palette-swapped King Arthur, I don't see why Jeanne can't have a few imitators.

Jackson's sheet included a cheese reference. I will allow it.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Well, she's from a non-nasuverse source, so I can use it. And thanks for reminding me to add a source. Beside, I don't think that your FP were originally drawn with their conresponding person in mind.
    Yes. Add that source. Good.

And, erm, no, my faceclaims are intended to match the Servant in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post

And, erm, no, my faceclaims are intended to match the Servant in question.
    I mean that the original artist didn't originally meant to draw, for exemple, Morgan. So your remark about it being a different persona is kind of silly, by this point.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 18th, 2016 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    I mean that the original artist didn't want to draw, for exemple, Morgan. So your remark about it being a different persona is kind of silly, by this point.

Ok.

Thumbs up

Class: Rider
    True Name: Jan Ziska of Trocnov.
    Alignment: Lawful good
    Natural enemies: Odysseus, Pale rider
    Alternative classes: Archer, Berserker, Avenger
    Dislike: Catholics, insubordination

Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: D
    Noble phantasm: B

Class skills:

Riding B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Magic Resistance: C

Personal skills

-Eye of the mind (true) - A : Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning. At this rank Rider can continue fight even while deprived of his senses.

-Military Tactic - B is tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

-Demonic Defender of State - B: is the capacity of a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement.
    [B]

[/I]
    Noble Phantasm

Harbringer of new era
    Vozova Hradba

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: Hundreds meters
    Max Target: Thousands

Riders strongest weapon, War wagons. At times they were unmovable objects. At times they were unstoppable force. Heavily armored behemots dominating battlefield with fire-power never used against mere flesh before. At peak of Riders strenght he could deploy more than hundred of them. Five crusades broke their tooths on tactics involving them, foreshadowing end of medieaval warfare.

Riders war wagons can be used in various ways, from mere firing battery, crushing stampede or en masse to shield against enemy anti-army NPs, often all of it at once. Vozova hradb get massive boost against servants knighted in their lives. In lesser degree against three knight classes as well.

Ziska's Drum

Type: Anti-person
    Range: Several kilometers
    Max targets: 1

Just few men across history can compare to riders in tenacity and will. Not just he personaly led his men while deprived of both eyes he wouldn't stop even after death. While dying on black death he ordered his men to skin him for sake of creating large war drum so he could forever march alongside them. Indeed before drum was lost hussites were never defeated.

Ziska's drum is real physical relic, thought to be lost, this NP can be activated when Riders receive damage significant enough to be unable sustain himself, as long as spiritual core itself is not completely destroyed. This NP transfer it to Drum location and allow Ziska's master act as it's vessel creating existence known as demi-servant. Depending on state of core skills and parameters and even original will remain unchanged, though any advantage of ''demonic defender of state'' get reseted

lore

Jan Ziska was born as son of minor landowner in bohemian village Trotnov, though he quickly get rid of his estates and joined band of mercenaries where he quickly raised in ranks. His greatest archievement was leading joined mercenary forces in battle of Grunwald on side of Poland and Lithuanians against Teutonic knights. While regular armies on flanks had to retreat Riders mercenary forces stood the line with Rider fighting valiantly even after loosing his eye long enough for their allies regroup and turn battle around. Jan returned to his homeland as war hero.

His proves impressed even Wenceslaus King of both Czech (bohemians) and Romans and became captain of Royal guard and queen Sofias Chamberlaine. Rider could live his life in comfort and peace, but things played otherwise. In Prague he meet young idealistic priest professing ideas of John Wycliff and preaching against corruption in church and selling of indulgences. iest name was accidentaly same as Riders: Jan Hus. These two struck odd friendship. As preachers popularity rose so did hate he earned by church. Eventually he was called to defend his cause on council of Constance and granted save conduct by Emperor of Holy Roman Empire Sigismund Wenceslaus brother. Wanely warrior appealed on his friend to not go. Seing it as chance convice pope itself priest went. Unfortunately more pragmatic of Jans was right and his friends without even being able speak was burnt on stake as heretic.

That lead to great upheaval in bohemia and when things get out of hands Rider himself stormed town hall leading angry mobs and thrown catholic diet out of windows and killed by sharpened spikes raised under. His king hearing it got spasm and died by shock in few days later. Sophia was furious and send 2 thousands of her knights as well as foot soldier against her former aide who still led mobs with no training and virtually no weapons who now numbered 300 hundreds (women and children included). It was supposed be massacre. It was. Almost noone of knights survived. Using agricultural wagons, tools and quick wits Rider turned tables.

So Hussites war started fighting both royalist cities in country as well as fending cream of crop of europian knighthood. And won no matter how outnumbered no matter if caught in trap. Rider continued fight and win even when arrow struck his remaining eye. Feat never repeated ever since. Becomming one of only six great millitary commanders who never battle.

It wasn't mirracle, but genius. Jan Ziska forever changed face of battle field. His contributions are broad and remarkable. He realized the infantry revolution in the age of the mounted knight. His peasants, citizen-soldiers all, were as deadly with his innovative polearms as a German foot soldier with years of training. He also was a precursor of the gunpowder revolution; the Hussites made “pistols” and “harquebuses” for use within their famous wagons, and “howitzers” as field artillery. Previously, artillery was almost exclusively used in sieges; Zizka brought them onto the battlefield consistently, with great effect.
    Still more importantly, he invented mobile armor; history books that have him record him as the first to use a tank. Wooden shutters were added to the outwardly sloping sides of the farmwagons for greater protection; these also doubled with the purpose of using chains to lock with other wagons to make a wagon fortress. The wagons would carry 18-21 men: 4-8 crossbowmen, 2 handgunners, 6-8 soldiers equipped with pikes or flails, 2 shield carriers and 2 drivers. Naturally, not all of these would be in the wagon at the same time. Only the missile troops would be in there, for cover while firing; the flailmen would stand by for defense, the drivers would be caring for the horses directly behind the wagon so as to be ready in a moment to move the wagon, while the shield carriers defended the spaces in between the wagons, or the drivers and beasts when needed. Other times, wagons would carry larger artillery, for use in blasting the enemy’s formations into pieces.

What's more he first defined military conduct and defining ''modern' army that in following decades would turn medieval knights obsolete. His victories and victories of his sucessors allowed bohemia became country of religious freedom (which was unsurpsingly once again first of it's kind) and later inspired Luthers reformation.

personality
    Rider like idealists (maybe because his death friend) but is still pragmatic by core in fulfilling their ambitions. He likes good food but hates wane luxury, he never get used to it even on court after all. He might be easygoing at times, but he is strict military man as it shows in extreme situation. If his master decide leave war at him he/she should be prepared for training of hell they never forget...

tactic
    Rider is skilled meele fighter, he can switch from sword to mace instantly to get upper hands and use his NP as one of cards in combination than ace played in last second. If his opponent survive a blast he should expect to immediately attacked from back or side

(one of) source: http://www.allempires.com/article/in...fects_hussites

My first servant and I have to admit as I did researched him I became pretty big fanboy, I wish he had more skill slot to add Pioneer of the star and probably some more...
    Last edited by Tenzen12; November 19th, 2016 at 01:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ziska: For your first Servant, he's pretty interesting all in all. Some stuff definitely needs to be toned down though. There's no way he should have Military Tactics at a rank higher then Iskandar (just C or C+ should be enough honestly) and the + in Eye Of The Mind seems a little unnecessary (I can accept the high rank itself since fighting while blinded does seem like a fairly exceptional feat).

Warrior Constitution Skill seems... strange, and kind of unecessary. If you want him to have high stats you can just say those are his stats as a Rider, you don't need a specific Skill to justify that. Though, on that topic his Strength and Endurance parameters do seem awfully high for someone whose greatest feats seem to be leading armies rather then performing great feats of strength. I'd suggest lowering both by one rank.

While I can tell English is probably not your first language, it isn't really an issue until the NP descriptions. Several parts in Vozova Hradba's first paragraph are kind of confusingly written and his second NP reaches the point where the wording is awkward enough that it took a few full moments for me to wrap my head around its effects. Basically, when Ziska receives a fatal wound (but his spiritual core remains intact) his core is teleported into the drum and his Master can then essentially take his place as a Servant. Is that right? It's kind of hard to tell as is so I'd suggest adding or revising parts to make it clearer on what it actually does.

Overall though, definitely not bad for a first try! Keep 'em coming!

Blog Entries
    The fun never stops.

Source: http://www.zerochan.net/1511347
    Class: Ruler/Lancer

Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Ireland/Scotland

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: B
    NP: A++

Height/Weight: 178cm/80kg
    Dislikes: Blood feuds, infighting
    Talents: Teaching the savage, raising monasteries
    Natural enemy: Finnian
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Human, Servant, Man
    Armament: Monk's robes, Celtic tonsure and crosier.

Class Skills:

God's Resolution: (A)
    Class Skill of the Ruler class, is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War. Each Ruler is normally granted two Command Spells for each Servant that participates in the Holy Grail War.
    Two Command Spells can be used for each Servant participating in the Holy Grail War. Cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others.

True Name Discernment: (B+)
    Status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed when directly encountering a Servant.
    If summoned as a Ruler, during a direct encounter, a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a luck check is required. Higher efficacy against Irish or Scottish Servants.

Magic Resistance: (EX)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells of
    A-Rank or below, no matter what high-thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Personal Skills:

Clairvoyance: (A)
    This skill grants a superior visual perception. Supplement long-range aiming and increases dynamic vision. Furthermore, at higher ranks it is possible to acquire precognition and other forms of perception that are beyond normal eyesight (X-ray vision and the sort).
    This ability grants perceptions beyond human sight, at this rank, the ability to see important events in the past and future, as well as beyond the world into into other plains of reality become possible.
    In addition to seeing angels on a regular basis, Ruler was also said to be able to see into the past and future simultaneously, according to Book One of Ruler's biography written by author Adomnán.

Saint: (B)
    A Skill that denotes that one is acknowledged as a saint. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of [Saint] is selected among "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible".
    Because of Ruler's personality and quality as a saint, he will most likely choose to raise the effectiveness of holy sacraments unless suggested to do otherwise.

Holy Patron: (A)
    A Skill that can only be exercised by patron saints. Though the conditions for the activation of this Skill varies (Saint George being summoned in England or Catalonia is an example of one), when the conditions are fulfilled, the patron gains an ability relating to their patronage. As one of the three Great Saints of Ireland, Ruler is given an absurd fame boost when summoned in Ireland or in certain parts of Scotland.
    Outside of these affected areas, Ruler takes on his personage as the Saint of Poets and Bookbinders. Transcribing over 300 books in his lifetime, two of which, The Book of Durrow and The Cathach, still exist. As books and poets aren't very fancy in their own right, Ruler is in essence rewarded with a substitution of High-Speed Incantation of rank C.

Noble Phantasm

Slabhraí Ceangal
    Cut Deep of the Heathen

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Target: about 5

The holy chains of Ruler, which he used to subdue one of the most elusive and deadly Phantasmal Beasts in history. Taking the shape of multiple spearheads carved from oak and adorned with thick silver chains, Ruler can toss a dozen of such spear-chains out of the sleeves of his robes.

Traveling in Scotland, Ruler had to cross a certain river. On its banks, he saw some of the Pict folk burying a man who had been bitten by a water monster while swimming. The body had been pulled from the loch with the aid of a hook by rescuers who had come to his assistance in a boat.
    Despite the danger, Ruler ordered one of his followers to swim across the loch and bring back a coble (boat) that was moored on the other side. This man's name was Lugne Mocumin. Without hesitation, Lugne stripped for the swim and plunged in.
    The monster, robbed of its earlier feast, surfaced and darted at Lugne with a roar, its jaws open. Everyone on the bank was stupefied with terror; everyone, except Ruler, that is. A firm believer in the authority of the crucified Christ, he raised his hand, making the sign of the cross. Invoking the name of God, he commanded the beast, saying, "You will go no further, and won't touch the man; go back at once."
    At the voice of the saint, the monster fled as if terrified, "more quickly than if it had been pulled back with chains," says Adamnan.

Activated upon making the sign of the cross and invoking God, the metaphorical chains in which the monster was subdued have turned physical, crystallizing the experience as well as his supreme devotion to his faith. A binding Noble Phantasm very similar to Chains of Heaven: Enkidu, Slabhraí Ceangal is capable of rending everything up to and including Phantasmal Beasts completely motionless. Servants/Creatures that possess Divinity are conversely unaffected.

Banríon Niseag
    Cut, Heathen of the Deep

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 1000

That's right, the beast which Ruler was credited with drawing down with his [chains of faith] was the Loch Ness Monster.
    Nessie is an aquatic being which reputedly inhabits Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is similar to other supposed lake monsters in Scotland and elsewhere, and is often described as being large in size, with a long neck and one or more humps protruding from the water. Popular interest and belief in the creature has varied since it was brought to worldwide attention in 1933. Evidence of its existence is anecdotal, with few disputed photographs and sonar readings.

However, these are just the speculations of the non-magical community at large. The Monster's existence has been known to magi for centuries, going all the way back to Pictish Druids. The first encounter in recorded history is Ruler's own in 565 AD, in which the tale above plays out. What isn't mentioned in Ruler's biography is the aftermath of the attack. Bidding a brief farewell to his Pict friends, Ruler walked further down the coast of the loch to a small deserted inlet. There he summoned the Monster to him, still bound by his faith.
    "You are lucky, creature. My Lord has ordained that you live, what you witnessed was but a fraction of his power."
    Sensing fear from the Monster towards an unknown power greater than its own, Ruler baptized the beast to fully bring it into the fold of God's love. Ruler then commanded that the Monster injure no man save those that attack their fellows. Ever since this single proclamation, all future sightings of the Monster have been peaceful and exceedingly elusive.

An ancient Phantasmal Species of immense size and strength, Banríon Niseag is summoned after Ruler deploys his chains into any body of water big enough to hold the Monster. Using his faith as a catalyst for transport, Ruler drags the Monster out of the water to his location, releasing it to wreak havoc against only the strongest of foes. Even though the Monster has been baptized and pledged its soul to God, there is still a small chance that the thrill of destruction will cause it to revert to its old ways, forcing Ruler to invest his chains on the Monster's docility. Because of the Monster's unique existence, it is unknown if it belongs to any other family of Phantasmal Beasts or is some kind of ancient aquatic dragon. Therefore, it is unknown the efficacy of certain attacks like Anti-Dragon on the Monster.

Lore

Saint Columba was an Irish abbot and missionary credited with spreading Christianity in what is today Scotland at the start of the Hiberno-Scottish mission. He founded the important abbey on Iona, which became a dominant religious and political institution in the region for centuries. He is the Patron Saint of Derry. He was highly regarded by both the Gaels of Dál Riata and the Picts, and is remembered today as a Christian saint and one of the Twelve Apostles of Ireland.

Columba studied under some of Ireland's most prominent church figures and founded several monasteries in the country. Around 563 he and his twelve companions crossed to Dunaverty near Southend, Argyll in Kintyre before settling in Iona in Scotland, then part of the Irish kingdom of Dál Riata, where they founded a new abbey as a base for spreading Christianity among the northern Pictish kingdoms who were pagan. He remained active in Irish politics, though he spent most of the remainder of his life in Scotland. Three surviving early medieval Latin hymns may be attributed to him. He is responsible for bringing the gift of literacy en mass to Scotland.

The main source of information about Saint Columba's life is the Vita Columbae (i.e. "Life of Columba"), a hagiography written in the style of "saint's lives" narratives that had become widespread throughout medieval Europe. Compiled and drafted by scribes and clergymen, these accounts were written in Latin and served as written collections of the deeds and miracles attributed to the saint, both during his or her life or after death. The canonization of a saint, especially one who had lived on the fringes of the medieval Christian world like Saint Columba, required a well-written hagiography to be submitted to Rome, but popular belief and local cults of sainthood often led to the veneration of these men and women without official approval from the Catholic Church.

Columba died on Iona and was buried in 597 by his monks in the abbey he created. In 794 the Vikings descended on Iona. Columba's relics were finally removed in 849 and divided between Scotland and Ireland. The parts of the relics which went to Ireland are reputed to be buried in Downpatrick, County Down, with St. Patrick and St. Brigid or at Saul Church neighbouring Downpatrick, Inchcolm and Eilean Chaluim Chille.

Personality

Saint Columba is described as a gregarious man with a hearty laugh and a voice that could be heard over the hills. As he was indoctrinated while the concept of Christianity was still very new to Ireland, the rabblerousing tendencies of the Druids and pagan warriors had not been completely bred out by this point, and it shows. Far more comfortable with interacting with his congregation personally than lead a sermon from an alter, Ruler may be unique among his class in his curiosity and friendliness to interact with the other Servants.

Tactics

As Ruler, Columba has no need to contemplate combat possibilities as a mediator for the War. Between his Class-given Command Seals, his subjugating chains, and his pet giant sea monster, it should be easy enough to put down any severe breaking of the rules.

I couldn't find any official TM say on the critter described in Ruler's second NP, so I had a lot of fun making something up.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 19th, 2016 at 06:52 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    someone should do charles martel

- - - Updated - - -

like my status if you get it
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Columba: The idea of a Servant being able to summon the Loch Ness Monster is a pretty fun idea. Overall, the sheet is quite good with no real faults to speak of. However, you did get one thing wrong. The third Skill of the Ruler Class is Magic Resistance, not Revelation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Columba: The idea of a Servant being able to summon the Loch Ness Monster is a pretty fun idea. Overall, the sheet is quite good with no real faults to speak of. However, you did get one thing wrong. The third Skill of the Ruler Class is Magic Resistance, not Revelation.
    I swear it said it was a Class Skill on the wiki. Fixing in progress.