Page 184 of 858 FirstFirst ... 84134174179182183184185186189194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    It's true that Okeanos was the perfect stage for him to appear, but I don't think he missed his chance at all. GO's bound to keep running as long as it makes them money and I really, really doubt big names like Christopher Columbus, Vasco da Gama, Ferdinand Magellan, etc. won't appear at some point. They could perhaps make a stage based around some of the expeditions to the Americas during the Age of Discovery, if they'll even do those type of ''travel back to past'' stages in GO 2 since they said they're not doing singularities anymore.

I think we still have a big chance of getting him at some point in one way or another. Either in story or in some event (remember, new Servant additions aren't bound to main story only). Plus Washington had his chance in the America chapter, but there's no doubt for me he's one of the people that are bound to be added tbh.
    This reminds me. I haven't seen a Lewis and Clark Servant in either thread or canon Fate nonsense.
    Despite everything they did to eliminate Mystery in America etc etc
    I'm disappointed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    This reminds me. I haven't seen a Lewis and Clark Servant in either thread or canon Fate nonsense.
    I'm disappointed.
    Turn that frown upside down and take it as a chance to be the first one to make a Lewis and Clark Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I'm disappointed.
    Have we had a Sakagawea sheet either?

edit: doesn't look like it

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I – Alexandria
    Perhaps there was a time in which the chamber had been a beautiful place. The marble columns lined with gleaming silver were certainly beautiful things. Those sculptures that were not broken showed the magnificent artistry of ancient times. But in the gloom of its countless shadows, faintly pierced by the scant rays of light that made it through small windows near the tall ceiling, the dusty cylindrical chamber seemed nothing but a long-forgotten tomb.

“He’s here…he’s here, he’s here, he’s here…!” a weak, hoarse voice, growing stronger and livelier with every word, like a ghost regaining the blessing of life. The woman, a voluptuous beauty with skin marred by the pallor of death, grasped the crystal ball with hands clenched like a harpy’s claws. Her body shuddered in weak, ecstatic tremors.

“Well somebody sounds happy today…” A new figure stepped into the stage, as if crafted out of the countless shadows. She was greeted by the diviner with a radiant smile, diminished in no way by the ambience or the woman’s own sickly appearance.

“Yes! He’s here, he’s finally here…!”

“Hmm…” The second woman’s sounds were muted and distorted by the mask smooth like polished jet that encased her whole head. In fact, not a single millimeter of skin was left uncovered by her dark and regal dress. The two rising black horns jutting out of the mask created the figure of a black goddess or a demon of secrets.

The two women fixated on the figure projected inside the crystal ball.

“That confident poise! The conviction in his eyes! Unfaltering will latent inside a feeble body! Such a magnificent soul, it can only belong to my beloved!”

The masked lady did not comment on the blatantly biased argument. In her mind, she began a countdown to the end. To several ends, in fact.

“Some Servants also came.”

“Unwelcome pests, the whole lot of them,” all but snarled the pale woman in the feathered dress.

“Now, now…” The masked woman’s conciliating voice carried a somewhat ominous tone, perhaps because of the mask in the way, or perhaps…

“…two of them were clearly brought here by the rule of this world. They are as welcome here as you and I. It’s the one standing by his side that worries me.”

“Then let’s chop that whore into pieces,” spat the diviner. “Starting with that shameless hand.” She referred to the hand daintily resting on the young man’s shoulder; the faint hint of deep respect and affection carefully veiled in a simple gesture.

“We are not demons or barbarians, my friend,” smoothly said the masked one, her voice carrying the tinge of amusement within an inside joke only she could understand. “Let us see what happens for now. Berserker’s on her way; let her have her fun.”

The pale Venus was no longer paying attention. Her eyes, her heart, her everything were on the man inside the crystal ball, and her soul demanded its other half. Her entire being ached with longing, and it was her acceptance of the rule of this world which stopped her from hurrying to his side, to shower him with kisses and lose herself in the scent of his hair. Tears escaped her eyes, which the masked lady carefully wiped off.

“My beloved…” whispered the pale woman. No time was too soon to have him in her arms again.

*********///*********

“Hmm…” The Master of Chaldea was surveying his surroundings with arms crossed and pursed lips, like a general of yore studying the field of battle. “I have to ask a few questions here.”

“Sure.”

“How come Mashu’s not here?”

“Hmm…I heard something about a medical check-up? I am unaware of the details. In any case, she is currently engaged with Dr. Roman.”

“Right. So how come you are here?”

“Ah! Well, I saw Master walking towards the chamber and then I had a hunch something interesting was going to happen. And here we are!” Her adorable lips puckered as she made a faux-thoughtful gesture. “Do you think I unlocked the Instinct skill?”

The young man blatantly ignored that—a critical skill in his job—and took the surroundings again. He admired the classical and blatantly Greek architecture of the white buildings rising atop the packed sand. He stood on a boulevard; an avenue as broad or even broader than those of modern metropolises, and his mind could easily conjure the heavy traffic of horses and camels carrying trade goods from countless distant lands. Instead of trees, pools of fresh water lined the middle of the street, probably split between those for human and those for animal consumption.

“…no contact with Chaldea, huh.”

“Nope. That’s why, until we deal with this situation, you can count of me as your right hand. You can call me ‘Mashu Hari’!”

“No.”

“Aww…”

The boy paid no attention to the Assassin-class Servant’s sulking.

“Alright, next question: why are those two here as well?”

He referred to the two Servants currently locked in heated battle with what seemed to be a veritable swarm of ghosts.

“Your guess is as good as mine. I would say Miss Nero and Miss Mordred were close enough to be swallowed by that light as well.”

Certainly, he had shifted without stepping into the coffin. He remembered the light, and what was probably Mata Hari’s voice calling out to him, and then they were there, and there was a battle raging all around them. It wasn’t just Saber Bride and Mordred; battalions of solders had taken to the streets to confront the undead threat.

“Well, for whatever reason there’s nothing coming from Chaldea, so we just gotta do what we can,” he concluded.

“Ufufu, Master’s easygoing way of life is truly the best.”

“Uwaah, why is the me other people see so different from the one in the mirror…?”

Mata Hari did not regret her spontaneous choice to flutter around her Master that morning, made the very moment she learned of Mashu’s medical obligations. She had not expected them to end up in a sort-of-singularity thing, but like her Master, as a Servant she was one to take things as they come.

“Anyway,” the boy put his self-loathing in the back of his mind and focused on the trial at hand. “This is normally the Doctor’s job, but we have to figure out where and when we are.”

“Well…” Mata Hari resumed her mock-thoughtful face. “The sandy terrain, the architecture, and the strong scent of the sea could imply anywhere along the south and east Mediterranean. But I’ll go all in and say we’re in Alexandria, Master.”

“Yes, Mata Hari, I also saw Cleopatra over there.”

Indeed, the last Ptolemaic Queen stood a distance behind them, rallying the troops—or simply standing around and letting her sheer presence act as motivator; it was somewhat unclear. It was also unclear whether this was the living Cleopatra or the Servant. What was clear, on the other hand, was that it was a matter of time until her attention turned from the ghosts to them.

“Victory is upon us! Radiant! Beautiful! As is natural.”

“Yeah, what the Father-looking Roman said.”

His Servants had stepped out of the fray and a brief glance confirmed that the ghost threat had been mostly subdued. Cleopatra’s soldiers were taking care of the final push forward, cleaning the streets from the presence of the undead. The two blondes strode towards him with disturbingly similar “praise me!” looks of expectation on their faces.

“Umm…” he began, scratching the back of his head. “We got thrown into some strange situation, but you guys went and took care of everything. You’re amazing.”

“Amazing…amazing, huh…” Nero seemed to be chewing on his choice of words, her musing barely hearable beneath Mordred’s boisterous “you got that right!”.

“…very well! Not quite strong enough, but I’ll acknowledge Master’s proper praise!”

The young Master had to admit his surprise when the chariot bearing Cleopatra darted past his group, receiving only the briefest of glances. The radiant beauty praised by the world clearly had more important things in her mind.

“Onwards, my brave soldiers! Today is the day we reclaim the Soma!”

The soldiers’ war cry filled the streets of Alexandria and their lines began to press forward, deep into the heart of the city.

“…looks like that’s where the action is,” he mused, to the delight of his Saber-class companions.

“Then there lies our new stage!”

“Right on! Come on, Master! Dunno how we got here or what’s going on, but there’re bad guys we gotta beat up, right?”

“Ufufu, isn’t this exciting?”

“Glad you girls are enjoying yourselves…” murmured the last Master as he took after his much faster allies.

*********///*********

The Master of Chaldea was not a stupid man, and did not waste the chance to get some idea of the setting. A young soldier who had witnessed Nero’s and Mordred’s fighting was more than willing to answer the strange but brave foreigners’ questions on the way.

As it turned out, the Soma was the royal mausoleum in which the remains of Alexander the Great rested. However, the original Soma had been replaced by a different, much larger building. Nobody could explain how it happened, and all attempts at approaching the building were met with opposition from all sorts of arcane things like ghosts and iron constructs, in seemingly endless numbers. Those things did not appear as long as people stayed away from the massive building, but Queen Cleopatra could not simply let things stay as they were.

“Can’t really blame her,” mused the Knight of Treachery. “Some mysterious building popping out in the middle of your capital? No way Father would be okay with that.”

It did not take them long to find Cleopatra at the back of her army. The clustered residences of Alexandria had been replaced by broad, open space, fitting for a battlefield. About two hundred meters and a wall of aggressive spirits separated the Queen of Egypt from the building that replaced the Soma.

It was as if a second building had grown beneath the original mausoleum, pushing it upwards to tower over the entire city. It was a three-layered pyramid atop which rested a classical mausoleum, with columns that supposed an also-pyramidal ceiling, atop which stood a massive statue: four huge horses pulling a chariot ridden by a couple.

“…huh.” That was Mata Hari. “Isn’t that…?”

“How glorious! How magnificent!” Nero, on her part, was jubilant. “Truly, I am blessed by the Olympians! A stage more fitting I could not ask for!” Her radiant smile was turned towards her summoner. “Master! Beneath the shadow of this mausoleum, let us wade into battle! Or rather, let us be wed! Right now!”

“Your priorities went way off-road just now!”

“But, Master! We stand before the greatest monument to love! In front of this Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, let us seal our eternal bond…” Whatever words were left in that sentence, they were drowned in the silence of a suddenly pensive Roman emperor.

“…hmm…now that I think about it, was Halicarnassus always this sandy?”

“Silence your idiocy, foolish swordswoman!”

Finally, Cleopatra had deigned herself to step off her chariot to address the peanut gallery.

“Do not claim to ignore where you stand, for there could not be another city like this one on our fair Earth!”

Nero was about to honor the present with a long monologue on the greatness of Rome, but found herself piercingly interrupted before she could even start.

“Well said, Cleopatra the Seventh!”

Potent words heard by all in the city brought the battle to an abrupt halt, at the same time a lone figure stepped out of the darkness beyond the marble tomb’s sole entrance.

The first thing the young Master noticed were the horns: growing horizontally from right over her…bovine (!?) ears, then making sharp turns to rise straight upwards. Ashen hair, eyes like glowing embers, and a small body with taut muscles…

“…it’s a little Asterios.”

The Master gaped at Mordred.

“Don’t say it!” He hissed. “Even if everybody’s thinking it, don’t just go and say it!”

Mata Hari laughed, delighted. Cleopatra took some steps forward to meet the approaching figure, who walked undisturbed by soldiers or ghosts. They parted like the waters of the Red Sea, as if acknowledging this was not a matter for common living or dead to involve themselves with.

“So that is, indeed, the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus,” said the last Queen of Egypt.

“It is,” confirmed the woman. A second later, her face shifted to a dismissing scowl.

“A brilliant deduction from the failed queen.”

Paying no heed to the displeased frown on Cleopatra’s beautiful face, the horned woman then assumed a rather pleasant expression that somewhat reminded the Master and his Servants of one Raikou.

“My, never took you for one so spiteful. Or was that your dark sister speaking?”

Back to scowling.

“While you are rather accepting on the one who brought us all to ruin.”

Back to motherly.

“Through no fault of her own, I would say. If anything, isn’t she quite lovely? As expected of our chil—”

The woman had smacked her own head with the flat of her hand.

“Will you knock it off already!?” And it was then that she noticed the looks on everybody’s faces. “Oh, this is just wonderful; now even the loon in the fetish bride dress, the loon in the edgy armor and the one who is clearly a prostitute—”

“Exotic dancer!”

“—think we are the weirdo.”

Her eyes then rested on the young man clad in Chaldea’s white uniform.

“My apologies, last Master of humankind,” she said as she greeted him with a polite bow. Then she tapped her head with a gloved finger. “It’s like a chicken coop in here.”

Scowl.

“We resent that! Rather, you’re the worst of us!”

Relaxed again. The young man thought of his usual days at Chaldea, of the many overwhelming personalities he was surrounded by, their many needs and their often-dangerous eccentricities.

“…I understand, to a degree.”

“Ufufu…”

Mata Hari got a glare for that. The horned warrior woman examined the boy for a few seconds, until her eyes widened and her expression changed to show her newfound respect.

“You do indeed. Must have it though, don’t you?”

“Like you can’t imagine.”

The voluptuous Assassin a step behind and to his right mocked him with a faked harrumph.

“Muu…Master, I find myself oddly displeased by this latest exchange.”

Again, Nero was not allowed to dwell on that line of thought, as Cleopatra seized the reins of the conversation.

“I take it you are not Artemisia the Second, ruler of Caria.”

The newcomer pointed at the tomb behind with her thumb.

“Nah, she’s inside. Rather reserved, that one. And the other one really should stay inside, so it’s better if we come out alone. We couldn’t just let this game end without taking a good look at our child, you know.”

“Yes, yes! Isn’t she a darling?”

Cleopatra was not pleased with the horned woman’s smile and all its affection.

“You are no mother of mine.”

The woman’s face contorted into pure, undiluted hurt. Then she groaned.

“Aaaah, you went and said that,” she complained. “We are the one who has to bear with all the sobbing and whining and crying. Not fun.”

“Um, miss…” Mata Hari, as replacement for the party’s voice of reason, chose to intervene before they went into another tangent.

“Ma’am,” corrected the horned woman. Then she shrugged. “Actually, our title is a lot longer, but let’s go with ma’am for now.”

“Uh, alright, ma’am. Could you be so kind as to telling us who you are and…well, what your purpose is?”

The horned woman’s face became serene like a night in the Sahara.

“We could, joyless woman, in deference to your propriety.”

“That adjective was completely unnecessary…” murmured the Assassin, a somewhat dark aura swirling around her. The Master pointedly looked in the opposite direction and pretended not to have seen anything.

“It’s rather simple: our guardians cannot stop a team of sufficiently motivated Heroic Spirits. Therefore, we came in person. The two in there probably want to stick around a while longer, so we can’t let you inside just yet.”

“You have no intention of telling us your name,” declared Mata Hari.

“Isn’t that how it works?” replied the grinning woman. “Figuring out your heroic enemy’s true identity is half of the fun!”

“And there’s only one way to figure it out!” Mordred took a step forward, sword in hand. Nero followed suit with a hearty “umu!”

“I think I don’t really get it, but the city will go back to normal if we beat you and your buddies in there, right? Master, say the word!”

The woman’s grin only widened at Mordred’s words.

“Much better! That’s such a brilliant way to face life: boldly, brashly, confidently, without a care for the small details!” She laughed. “The living me would have envied you, young knightess.”

“Enough of this,” firmly declared Cleopatra. “We’ll break through ourselves!”

The horned intruder shrugged. “Have it your way. We know you are not stupid enough to throw common soldiers at a Heroic Spirit, so what’s your plan for that?”

“I don’t need a plan!” Mordred declared as she launched a preemptive strike, throwing all her might into a powerful swing that cut the air just to the right of the enemy (?) Servant.

“…huh?” Mordred’s confusion was quickly drowned by pain. A punch to the gut sending her flying over her allies and well into the forest of men that was Cleopatra’s army.

“…yeah, I’m not joining this one,” declared Mata Hari.

“As if I’d let you.”

“My, my heart just skipped a beat, Master! Is this the so called ‘suspension bridge effect’?”

The boy’s reply was lost in the army’s war cry as they renewed their assault on the ghost guardians. Nero too jumped into the fray, and the horned Servant faced her with her gauntleted fists. The Master of Chaldea was already well-accustomed to the amazing battles between Servants, so he rather focused on figuring out just what happened earlier with Mordred. Mata Hari made herself as small a target as possible, throwing magic bullets are a ghost here and there while their surroundings were filled with the unceasing sounds of metal meeting metal. Nero’s artistic swordsmanship was a dance of rapid slashes, each and every single one countered by a firm punch. When Nero switched to slower, mightier blows, the horned woman lowered her stance and put a wider turn of her waist on each attack.

And then, Nero missed a blow, her slash falling a hand’s length to the enemy’s side. This time her Master could see the obvious confusion on her Servant’s face just before that same face was pummeled and sent to the sky with a mighty uppercut.

“Nero and Mordred don’t miss,” he said.

“Of course they don’t,” agreed Mata Hari.

“So, what does she do?”

Their horned enemy did not seem interested in going after Mata Hari or the Master. She stood calmly waiting for the swordswomen, occasionally grabbing a solider that got too close and throwing him at a rapidly angering Cleopatra. It did not help that the horned woman countered Cleopatra’s light shots by punching it.

“That’s a fine radiance, my child! Truly befitting of a pharaoh! But you have to try something different! Wahahaha!”

“I’m no shameless brute’s child! Disappear already, filthy dung beetle!”

“You call divine punishment if you insult these beautiful horns, my child! Or beetles!”

“Filthy things are filthy!”

“Wahahaha, good, good!”

“Master, lemme have another go,” Mordred said as soon as she made it back to the front. Her face was hidden by the helmet, but it was easy to imagine her expression at the moment. “I just need another try and I’ll figure her out.”

“What can you tell me about her?”

“She is spirited, a delightful opponent,” answered Nero instead, looking still a little wobbly. “But mine and Mordred’s sublime techniques are superior. Either of us can defeat her, but only once we overcome her skillful subterfuge.”

The boy took a good look at his two Servants: the confident, proud emperor making herself look taller as usual, and the armored knight pretty much vibrating on the spot.

“…go get’er, Mordred.”

“Yosh!”

And Mordred was on the target, and just like before, her swing missed, as if she had finished it way too early. The clone of the King of Knights grinned triumphantly inside her helm.

“I know your trick now, you bast—oof!”

“Looks like she got it,” mused the Master upon the sight of Flying Mordred 2: Magnetic Boogaloo. Further discussion was interrupted by Cleopatra’s move.

“Enough playing around. The Queen shall dish your punishment herself! Be grateful, then disappear!”

“Oooh, Noble Phantasm right away,” commented Mata Hari, as she could feel the accumulation of magical energy preceding a Heroic Spirit’s finest feat of power.

The horned enemy, on the other hand, seemed disappointed.

“Foolish girl should know better by now. No wonder she was the doom of our kingdom.”

A compassionate smile.

“Now, now, she is clearly distressed, and very worried about the Soma.”

Her head suddenly dropped, letting her long bangs conceal her eyes. Her voice, too, changed into something raspy and irregular, as if spoken with a burnt throat.

“A lesson must be taught, nonetheless. Show her our radiance, child.”

“Sure, sounds fair to me.” And back to normal.

Both Cleopatra and her opponent raised their right hands, aiming at each other.

“This is the snake of time…”

The horned woman delighted in the look on Cleopatra’s face when the same exact words came from their mouths. Similar, but not quite identical, serpents orbited their bodies bursting with magical energy.

“The omen of Egypt’s downfall!”

“The harbinger of the last glorious dynasty!”

The two serpents shone with radiance like the sun’s, swirling faster and faster as if competing with each other.

“I command you as the final pharaoh!”

“We command you as the divine dynastic mother and ruler of Egypt!”

Uraeus Astrape
    O, serpent who finishes the time of daybreak, come to me
    !”

Uraeus Eilisis
    O, serpent who shines in the primordial abyss, arise now
    !”

Almost everybody else had to cover their eyes long before the seemingly identical Noble Phantasms clashed and surged upwards in a torrent of plasma like a spear impaling the sky. Stray streams of energy lashed out and blasted nearby buildings, monuments and trees. The pillar roared like a tidal wave and cleared the sky of any and all clouds.

“Is it safe to look now?” asked the Master sometime after the cataclysmic clash.

“Mostly,” admitted his temporary right hand.

“They…wiped each other out?”

“Nah,” corrected Mordred. “That woman’s Noble Phantasm swallowed Cleopatra’s and then took to the sky on its own instead of coming for us.”

Cleopatra too had noticed the defeat of her technique. Her knees trembled, but her pride as the pharaoh stopped her from falling on them.

“Do not look down on yourself, my child,” spoke the horned woman with a calm, conciliating voice. “Under normal circumstances, our Noble Phantasms are equals in power. This time, however, I have a territorial advantage that gave me victory.”

“I knew it!” Mordred called out. “You’re a Caster like Xuanzang!”

“Wrong. I have been brought into this world as a Berser—watch out!”

A new swarm of ghosts sprouted out the ground, surrounding the Master of Chaldea and isolating him from everybody else. Mata Hari cried as she was bombarded by multiple simultaneous magic bursts at point-blank, her body flung like an old rag until it crashed with a group of confused soldiers.

The young man was surrounded by translucent white, and then he wasn’t. Arms embracing him from behind, the scent of ashes and wormwood, and two wonderful mounds pressed on his back.

“You are finally here, my beloved brother.”

And then, dark.

*********///*********

“Shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiiiiiiiiiite.”

The same person who cursed rolled her eyes at the cursing.

“Uncouth words unbecoming of a pharaoh. Control yourself.”

Head hung low. Eyes behind bangs.

“…Berserker.”

Head high. Cold, scathing face.

“Not. The time—urk.”

And then she was getting a faceful of Mordred’s horned helmet, the Arthurian knight grabbing her by the horns and bringing back the motherly face.

“Ah, um, n-not the horns, please?”

“Alright, you goddamned whackjob, you damn better tell me he’s alright and how to reach him, right now.”

Back to normal face.

“…we are sure you already realized we use magnetism, so why are you still wearing that armor?”

“Wrong answer.”

Simultaneous blows flung the two women in opposite directions, the Egyptian queen crashing hard against the Mausoleum’s wall near the entrance. They quickly got back on their feet, and two very upset swordswomen stepped forward, rules of chivalry be damned.

“You do realize you still will have a hard time hitting us with those swords even after figuring out the trick, righ—ugh!”

A magical blast smashed her body like a speeding truck, making her gasp in sudden agony. It was follow a second one, and a third, and an unceasing barrage of smaller shots.

“No, wai—ow! We can’t—ow! Non-elemen—ow!—tal magic is—ouch!—not fair!”

And then Mordred and Nero learned that the opponent who had caused them so much trouble was in fact not very good at dodging.

The lone figure that walked past the two Sabers did not relent in her pitiful, careless assault. Ignoring Cleopatra’s calls and the Berserker’s annoyance at her feeble opposition, the weakest of Servants fired, and fired, and fired over and over again, until her target fell flat on her rear out of sheer volume of weak attacks received, and she was towering over the far superior Heroic Spirit.

“Where is he.”

A lone drop fell on her mostly uncovered chest, pulling Berserker to look up at the woman whose shadow envelop her and whose voice disarmed her.

“Please.”

Berserker found herself enraptured by her eyes moistened by tears soon to be shed.

“…what’s your name, young lady?”

“…Margaretha Geertruida Zelle.”

“Mata Hari? Don’t mess with us, Mata Hari’s not a magu—ow!”

Please.”

There was no anger, only desperate need.

“Revered ancestor.”

Berserker looked to the side, where Cleopatra, too, pleaded without words. She sighed, and then raised both her face and her voice so she could be heard even in the depths of the tomb behind her.

“Hey, Masked Queen! You really shouldn’t have let’er do that! It’s over, you know? Over!”

She then addressed Cleopatra.

“Pull your soldiers back; we all need to rest if we want to take on those two. We will attack tomorrow.”

“But—”

“The lad will be fine, those two will not harm him. I swear on my honor and pride as Great Bat, Child of Ra, Daughter and Wife of Amun, Bride of Horus, and King of Upper and Lower Egypt. Now let me get up, Mata Hari.”

While uncertain, the Assassin acknowledge the solemn words of the other woman and took a step back.

“I cannot make promises about his virtue, though.”

“Eh!?” The sound came from more than one woman.

“Don’t you get it? That woman of all people has fixated on him. It’s beyond messed up.”

The former Ruler of Egypt and Cleopatra’s ancestor faced Chaldea’s three Servants with equal parts worry and amusement.

“Your opponent is history’s greatest brocon, you know.”

To be continued in Part II – Mausoleum
    Arsinoë II

Faceclaim
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: True Neutral (Neutral Insane)
    Source: Historical
    Region: Eastern Mediterranean

Height & Weight: 147 cm, 48 kg
    Dislikes: Court intrigue, Gossiping
    Talents: Traditional Egyptian music, large-scale social manipulation
    Natural Enemy: Medb
    Attribute: Sky

STR D
    END A
    AGI C
    MGI B
    LUK D
    Noble Phantasm A
    Skills
    Class Skills
    Affections of the Goddess
    Mad Enhancement
    – D+

Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capabilities. In Arsinoë’s case, it drastically changes her appearance while granting double rank-up to END (included in the Parameters above).

Arsinoë normally retains a normal capacity to think and act, but she is susceptible to interference from the Egyptian goddesses in her head. Should their children (pharaohs) be threatened or even merely insulted in her presence, she'll lose herself, gaining rank-up to STR and AGI in addition to the original benefit.

Personal Skills
    Divinity – B
    A measure of a Servant’s Divine Spirit aptitude. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

The pharaoh was considered a mediator between the human and divine spheres, as he represented gods and humans equally. More than perhaps any other female figure in history, Arsinoë was the center of a pluralistic cultic arrangement. She was venerated as a living and ruling pharaoh, and simultaneously venerated as an individual goddess and daughter of Amun. Finally, later Ptolemies worshipped her alongside her husband as the founders of the dynasty, the divine mother and father. As divine royal mother, daughter, sister and wife, she was associated with several female Egyptian goddesses—Hathor, Nut, Isis, Tefnut—and with the Greek Hera and Aphrodite.

If summoned as Arsinoë Alter, this would be replaced by Golden Rule (Wealth & Body) at rank B. This skill is available to the normal Arsinoë, but it has been discarded when summoned as a Berserker.

Exalted Sibling Love – B
    A Skill representing affection towards one’s blood-related sibling, and the great effects that affection left in history. It manifests in different ways for different individuals.

The couple defied as the Sibling Gods, theoi Adelphoi, is one of history’s most successful unions between blood-related siblings. Arsinoë manifests this Skill as Triumph of Incest, the ability to control and lead the masses—manipulation of society and warfare through diffusion of misleading information. Arsinoë handled the local affairs while her husband left the kingdom to do war. She supported the war effort from home by means of subterfuge, instigating instability, unrest and rebellion in the lands of their enemies.

If summoned as Arsinoë Alter, this would be replaced by Incitement at rank A.

Ogre-Like Defender of the State – B+
    The capacity of a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement. Arsinoë receives plus-correction to END and to her strongest Noble Phantasm when fighting in her favorable territory (NOT included in the Parameters above). Activates automatically within territory conceptually categorized as “belonging to the Kingdom of Egypt”.

A certain anecdote of her time as King of Egypt narrates that, when the mercenaries hired by her brother-husband plotted to seize Egypt, Arsinoë somehow led her brother to trap the betrayers in an otherwise empty island on the Nile, leaving them there to cannibalize each other until not a single one remained.

If summoned as Caster, this would be replaced by Egypt Magecraft at rank B. If summoned as Arsinoë Alter, by Grace of God at the same rank.

Scapegoat – D-
    A collection of cunning techniques for survival in (or avoidance of) the battlefield. Somewhat expectedly, in Arsinoë’s case attacks can only be diverted towards other women.

According to Polyaenus, Arsinoë was at Ephesus (then called Arsinoëa) at the time of her first husband, Lysimachus’, death in battle. With the pro-Seleucid faction tearing down the walls and opening the city gates, Arsinoë escaped by dressing one of her maids in royal garments and leaving her with an armed escort while she left through a back door dressed in filthy rags. Chroniclers of the time commended Arsinoë’s cunning and quick thinking.
    Noble Phantasms
    Dachtylídi tis Axierós
    Yoke of the Great Mothers

Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    Range: 0
    Maximum Targets: 1 person (self)
    Arsinoë paid for the largest round building in the Greek world, the rotunda at the Sanctuary of the Great Gods in Samothrace, and it is all but certain she was an initiate of the mysteries at that temple complex. The central figure of the Samothracian mysteries was a Great Mother goddess with the secret name Axierós. A manifestation of her power were veins of magnetic iron, from which the initiates fashioned rings.

When Arsinoë was posthumously deified and a temple made in her honor, it was arranged for a statue of her likeness to be raised. According to Pliny the Elder, “…the architect Timochares had begun to use lodestone in the construction of the vaulting in the temple of Arsinoë in Alexandria, so that the iron statue contained in it might have the appearance of being suspended in midair.”

This twofold connection with magnetism has become Arsinoë’s first Noble Phantasm, originally embodied in a ring but currently modified for her preference in the form of studded gauntlets. While wearing them, she enjoys the skill, Mana Burst (Magnetism), at rank A. While her mind remains lucid and she has control of her actions, her control of magnetic forces is virtually without flaw. She favors using iron sand as a weapon, or taking large amounts of metal to create iron soldiers and golems she can control. Naturally, while she can technically create as many iron constructs as she has materials for them, the amount she can control simultaneously at any given time is very limited.

Uraeus Eilisis
    O, Serpent Who Shines in the Primordial Abyss, Arise Now

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum Targets: 500 people
    At the time before time, before the creation of the world, Ra dispatched his Eye to search for his wayward children Shu and Tefnut, who have left to wander in the primordial abyssal waters of Nu. When she returns with them, she is infuriated upon knowing Ra has already created a replacement Eye. It is said that humanity was born from tears shed either by Ra or by the Eye in the subsequent fight. In the end, Ra appeases the Eye by placing her on his forehead in the form of the uraeus, protector of the rulers of Egypt.

It is conceptually identical to her descendant, Cleopatra’s, Noble Phantasm—or rather, as the younger and dynastic descendant, Cleopatra’s Noble Phantasm is a reconstruction of this one. In Arsinoë’s case, the conjuration of the light of the Eye of Ra in the form of a serpent of primordial sunshine. In other words, a torrent of plasma.

It is because of the skill, Ogre-Like Defender of the State, that Arsinoë carries in herself the potential to surpass Astrape. Arsinoë finds it difficult to use this Noble Phantasm unless all the goddesses in her head agree on the necessity of its use.
    Legend
    Arsinoë II, Thea Philadelphos, or Arsinoat to the Egyptians. The sibling-lover. One of the most successful yet lesser known female rulers in history. A great survivor of the bloody gauntlet the the Middle East became following the death of Alexander the Great. An exceptional woman, and in many ways the inspiration for the later Egyptian queens, all the way to the legendary Cleopatra VII.

She was the eldest daughter of Ptolemy I Soter and his second wife, Berenice I. From the very moment when she was born, her fate was sealed: whether she liked it or not, she was to play the game of thrones. The Diadochi, Alexander’s generals and companions, had split the empire upon his death, and then spared no effort trying to kill each other all the while preserving their own crowns through an obscene web of arranged marriages between their families. Adding to that mess, the male rulers made it a habit of marrying multiple times and siring children from multiple women; each and every single child a potential successor. At the court in Alexandria, the children were the pawns of two rival royal mothers: Berenice I and Eurydice.

At about age 15, Arsinoë was wed to one of the Diadochi: the sexagenarian Lysimachus, King of Thrace and Asia Minor, and later of Macedon. Chroniclers throughout the ages have portrayed Arsinoë as the young seductress; the ambitious Lolita aiming for the reunification of Alexander’s empire in the hands of her eventual child. But Lysimachus already had children from his first wife: Agathocles, Eurydice and Arsinoë I. The firstborn Agathocles was extremely popular, he was obviously expected to succeed his father, and he was married to Arsinoë’s half-sister Lysandra. And thusly the Macedonian court mirrored the court at Alexandria, with Arsinoë and Lysandra as reflections of their ambitious mothers.

Arsinoë’s only ally at court was in fact her husband. In any case, for one reason or another Agathocles lost his father’s favor and was murdered at his orders. Some texts suggest that Arsinoë had lusted for her husband’s firstborn, and poisoned the king’s mind after being rejected. Other sources skip that and simply state Arsinoë had him killed so the succession went to her son. It was at that point that another half-brother, Ptolemy Keraunos, entered the scene. This was Arsinoë’s father’s eldest son, who had fled Egypt when Arsinoë’s younger brother, Ptolemy II, was named coregent of Egypt instead. The Alexandrian game of thrones had moved to Macedonia.

That was the beginning of the worst time in Arsinoë’s difficult life. The widowed Lysandra went to another diadochus, Seleucus I Nicator, who went to war against Lysimachus and slew him at Corupedium, only to die at the hands of Ptolemy Keraunos, who immediately went and claimed Lysimachus’ throne. He also married the other claimant to the throne, Arsinoë, after promising her protection for her and her children. Then he did the exact opposite of that, managing to kill her two youngest sons before Arsinoë and her eldest ran for their lives in opposite directions—Ptolemy Epigone to the north and Arsinoë back to her homeland and the court of her little brother.

But poor Arsinoë’s tribulations were not quite over, because Ptolemy II was married to Arsinoë’s stepdaughter, Arsinoë I—Lysimachus’ daughter; a girl Arsinoë herself had helped raise. Sometime later, however, this Arsinoë was found guilty of treason and exiled. Arsinoë then married her little brother, and thus Arsinoë II was born. A combination of iconography and textual records demonstrates that Arsinoë was the female pharaoh of Lower Egypt, co-ruling with her brother-husband, pharaoh of Upper Egypt.

Her life and thus her time as her sibling-husband’s coregent was not long, but it was long enough for the woman to thrive and engrave her name into legend as King of Lower Egypt, High Priestess of Banebdjedet, and the goddess Philadelphos. She was lauded for her advice in times of war, for her skill as an administrator, her laws and her financial acumen. She was the first of Alexander’s successors to make official contact with Rome, and it is strongly suggested that Rome’s first issues of silver coinage were based on those minted by Arsinoë. Side by side with her brother-husband, she spearheaded the golden age of Ptolemaic Egypt.
    Character
    Arsinoë was not a seductress. She was not even that ambitious. She was a child of circumstances, trapped in the bloody fate of her bloodline. For most of her life, she was driven by two simple imperatives.

Her children must survive. That is the utmost priority.

Her survival is paramount, unless it stands on the way of her children’s survival.

Had Agathocles become Lysimachus’ successor, her children would have become targets as contenders for the throne. Therefore, Agathocles had to die. Marrying Ptolemy Keraunos was an error in judgement; he had promised her safety in a realm that no longer welcomed her. Upon running away, and no longer able to do anything for her children, her own survival became the driving force behind her actions. Marrying her brother was a brilliant political move that legitimized their co-regency before the Egyptian majority, even if it scandalized the Hellenic world. Their joined rule was stable, and the kingdom thrived under their aegis. However, while they no longer had anything to fear from their half-siblings, many enemies remained beyond the kingdom’s borders.

It is only upon reaching the Throne of Heroes that Arsinoë has found her desired freedom. And she revels in it to the brink of madness. She claims a number of Egyptian goddesses have been pulled along with her summoning, messing with her head but otherwise granting her nothing beyond occasional advice, some physical alterations and frequent awkward moments. However, there is no way to prove that is indeed the case. Goddesses or not, the Heroic Spirit Arsinoë has let herself go. It’s all about spontaneous freedom that borders on recklessness: from overflowing generosity to self-indulgence without control, unconstrained by royalty, dynasty or even basic morals. The absolute freedom of an absolute ruler with absolute power. The kind of freedom that allows one to do things such as engaging in incest.

The wise ruler that led armies from the safety of her throne has been replaced by a laughing loon that solves her problems with her fists, but the core of what made her legendary still remains. She values home and family above all other things. She considers all pharaohs her children, and will show the face of a true Berserker to protect them. The Master is encouraged to build that sort of filial rapport to ensure her utmost loyalty.
    Keywords (Craft Essences?)
    Arsinoitherium
    A three-meter-long beast that lived some 35 million years ago.
    Despite looking like giant rhinos, they are not related.
    These ancient beasts are more closely related to elephants, sea cows, and dassies.
    They are named after Arsinoë.
    Ptolemy II gave the name of his sister-wife to the Faiyum Oasis in which the fossils were found.

“Ah, good day to you as well, Miss Quetzalcoatl.
    Want another match? No?
    Eh? Arsinoitherium…? Yes, such a thing does exist, I guess…
    …eh? Rider-class Noble Phantasm? No way, no way!
    Either as a human or as a goddess, there’s no way I’d ride such a thing!”

The Crown of Arsinoë
    “Yes, Cleopatra, it is as you say. My hair was blonde in life.
    Blonde hair, big eyes, small body—the picture of perfect loveliness.
    We didn’t have horns back then, either. This is Hathor’s influence.
    Not that we mind; fighting while wearing the Crown would’ve been a hassle.

…speaking of the Crown. Your own crown is inspired by mine’s design, is it not?
    Ahahaha, you’re blushing! You’re so gods-darned adorable.
    Wha? Of course we’re not angry! Be more proud of yourself, for we are very proud of you.
    …yes, even Isis. Don’t mind her angry rants, she’s just tsundere.
    That, and she’s angry I only ask her for advice on blowing shit up.
    The others say it’s in poor taste, but I can hear Tefnut cackling.”

Seal of Baal (Bael)
    “Why is the Jews’ Promised Land where it is? Have you ever thought about that, Master?
    The eastern Mediterranean coast is not precisely an Eden on Earth.
    Nevertheless, it is a vital location for the maintenance of the Planet’s structure.
    A “foundational element” rested there,
    like the
    Rhongomyniad
    Spear that Shines to the Ends of the Earth
    , or Lady Peshtur’s
    Samanana
    Tethering Rope of Heaven
    It was one of those places in which the Age of Gods persisted beyond the rest of the world.
    At least until the Son of God did his thing, I guess.

In our time, we aimed for Coele-Syria to protect the land route to our kingdom.
    At least, that was the obvious motivation and the public statement.
    It was a place of power, from which blessings and curses surged like foam.
    Keep this in mind, Master:
    Demons and demon gods predated the King of Magic, and as you well know, also outlived him.
    You are far from the first one to face them in battle.”

Sibling Love
    “Ah, to think it would be Miss Mashu who would make that question.
    You come on somebody else’s behalf, don’t you? Pitiful girl.
    I would guess the likes of Tamamo, or that slutty Mesopotamian goddess.
    Rather, I can see you skulking behind that corner.
    Get over here, you shameless idiots!

…in any case, that’s not really the question you want to ask, is it?
    ‘Love’ is the last thing in your minds.
    ‘Did you have sex with your blood-related brother?’ That’s your real question.
    You already know we didn’t have children,
    But your wicked minds can’t help but wonder.

It was pretty much a political move, and in that regard it worked wonders.
    The heir’s mother was a traitor. The next pharaoh could not be the son of a traitor.
    So I adopted him and his siblings.
    My little brother and I became Zeus and Hera, as well as Horus and Hathor.
    Pharaohs are living gods, and thus marry their siblings as gods are wont to do.
    As the elder sibling, Ptolemy could not make me just another jewel in his harem.
    Besides, he needed me not only as the adoptive mother of his children.

…if you have not guessed it already, I’m not going to answer your question.
    I will tell you this, however:
    I loved my little brother. As a sister, and as a woman. I still do.
    Make of that whatever you wish.”
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; August 27th, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    @Vaaco de Gama: Top job as always but I have to agree that he feels a little loaded here. Perhaps merging some of the personal skills into one or two composite ones?

@Apollo: A very fun and entertaining sheet. Personality wise he's identical to the rogue in my first D&D campaign and you've managed to work it into the entire sheet instead of just a single section on it so props to you.

@Arsino II: Never heard of her before so I can't put in too much judgement. Saying how she varies from class
    to class is nice to see- adds even more flavour. I was a little surprised to see she wasn't a Babylonian servant as it's basically your city round here but it's nice to see you branching out.

I just like the "ogre-like" translation of Defender of State

I know that it's probably a more accurate and better translation because demons are a specific thing in the nasuverse etc. etc. but idk it's still pretty funny to me

Otherwise cool sheet I suppose, but I don't really have much to add beyond what Hermes said already.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    -snip-
    You always put a lot of effort into these sheets with the FGO scenario in the beginning which is a good thing to say the least. I like that you showed her in different classes/alter scenario though. That's always a bonus for me since I like when Nasu gives us sneak-peeks into Servants' alternate classes in canon too. First NP reminds me of that Naruto character (Sasori) from the beginning, but I like it because he just happens to be one of the only few things I liked from Naruto. And second NP connects to Cleopatra from canon so it's another bonus point since connecting to canon as much as possible is good even if these sheets are fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    @Vaaco de Gama: Top job as always but I have to agree that he feels a little loaded here. Perhaps merging some of the personal skills into one or two composite ones?
    Yeah, that's fine. I've decided to drop Protection from Wind because it's the most irrelevant skill to him despite the nice idea. I'll probably keep my Servants at 4 skills from now on too and maybe put a 5th skill as a rare case when I just can't resist cutting out an idea.

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kind of brainstorming a bit as to what an actually powerful version of Angra Mainyu would look like, and this is what I came up with.

Obviously he is not supposed to be a particularly fair Servant, but then again most Servants in F/SN weren't really supposed to be fair, were they? This guy was definitely made with a kind of "last-boss" feel though, he is intentionally powerful enough to become the primary antagonist of any conflict he's in - as would be appropriate for his nature.

Any and all criticism very welcome - if I ever decide to actually write a Grail War fic, this will probably be used for it, so I'd like it to be a bit more refined before I get that urge!

Faceclaim

What, were you expecting something else?

Class: Avenger
    True Name: Angra Mainyu
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Origin: Zoroastrianism
    Region: Ancient Persia

Parameters
    Strength: E (C)
    Endurance: E (C)
    Agility: A (A++)
    Mana: D (B)
    Luck: E+ (E---)
    NP: E- ~ A-

Class Skills:

Avenger: E
    Avenger is a being of pure evil, who stands opposed to all creation, but his evil is one of choice. As such, he has no particular vendetta against creation, but seeks its end merely as a consequence of that choice. His presence in the Avenger class is simply a relic of the method of his summoning, as he otherwise would not qualify.
    At this level, the skill provides only a subconscious distaste for those who are Good-aligned, due to their preemptive rejection of him.

Oblivion Correction: A
    As a being who existed before creation, all things are in the scope of his memory. All mental interference is negated, preventing him from ever forgetting his cause or motivations. Even Command Spells issued against his will fail to influence him.

Self Replenishment (Mana): E (EX)
    Avenger has an infinite supply of mana at his disposal. While he cannot bring his entire supply of mana to bear at once, he can effectively use it without fear of ever expending it. He requires no mana from his Master, able to supply more than enough of his own. Even operating without a Master, he will never run out of mana. This allows him to survive and fight at full power indefinitely even with no Master.
    While Avenger's rank in this skill is normally E, it is increased to EX due to having received the effect of the Third Magic.

Personal Skills:

Innocent Monster: EX
    Avenger is the true manifestation of All Evils Of This World, whose existence was brought about by the wish-granting power of the Holy Grail. Though his origins were that of an ordinary human, no trace of his original self remains. While the true power of Angra Mainyu cannot be released while he is limited by a Servant container, his parameters, skills, and Noble Phantasms all drastically change as a result of the Grail's influence. All parameters but Luck are increased by two ranks, while Luck is reduced by two ranks.

Materialization of the Soul: EX
    As a product of the wish-granting properties of the Holy Grail, Avenger's original nature and abilities were rewritten to coincide with humanity's desire for an archetypical evil. However, since the true purpose behind the Holy Grail was to achieve the Third Magic, it was the only method the Grail could use to attain that wish. As a materialized soul, he cannot enter spirit form as other Servants can, instead being restricted to a physical body. In exchange, however, he has a limitless supply of mana available, and does not require an anchor to remain in the present world.
    In a battle against Servants where the primary method of winning is by slowly wearing down the opponent's mana supply, he is nigh untouchable.

Evil Made Real: EX
    Avenger is the physical manifestation of the abstract concept of evil. The only being whose good is capable of rivalling his evil lies not on Earth, but in Heaven. All living things can discern his true nature simply by laying eyes on him, and will have an innate fear and revulsion of him simply by being in his vicinity.
    Neutral and Evil aligned enemies have all parameters reduced by one rank while fighting him due to the demoralizing effect of his presence.
    Good aligned enemies have all parameters elevated by one rank while fighting him stemming from the unnaturally righteous fury he engenders in them.

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:

All Of Creation Shall Fall ~ Daevanam Daevo
    Type: ???
    Range: ???
    Maximum Targets: ???

Daevanam Daevo - The Chief of Demons.
    The ultimate goal of Angra Mainyu, the source of all evil, is to destroy that which was created by Ahura Mazda, the source of all good. As he rose his hand against all of creation, the destruction that ensued gave birth to six demons, the six antitheses to the Amesha Spentas - the spirits through which Ahura Mazda realized creation. Just as every good came from the six Amesha Spentas, so too does every evil stem from the six Daevas.
    The six Daevas, the arch-demons through which Angra Mainyu's will is carried out, can be summoned to aid him. Being extensions of his will, they both perfectly carry out that will and yet still act perfectly autonomously, and are capable of carrying out his precise will without instruction. They are demons with powers that vary widely, but they are quite capable of fighting Servants one-on-one.

Any Daeva that has been slain or otherwise eliminated cannot be resummoned.

False Copy of Inscribed Creation ~ Verg Avesta
    Type: ???
    Range: ???
    Maximum Targets: ???

A false copy of the record detailing all of creation. While Avenger's true name was stricken from the Avesta, this false copy keeps record of his existence by virtue of the fact it is inscribed on his very body. It is a Noble Phantasm that records all things Avenger witnesses, fundamentally altering them to conform to his nature as All Evils Of This World.
    Verg Avesta allows Avenger to recreate the effect of any Noble Phantasm he witnesses. If it is a physical weapon, he can also recreate its form. If it does not have a physical form, he can recreate the phenomenon by itself. The copy is reduced in power by one half-rank (a Rank A Noble Phantasm will be copied as Rank A-) and will persist as long as he continues to feed it mana. Different from projection, it creates an entirely new construct/phenomenon that simply mimicks the effect he witnesses. In that vein, it is closer to the Caster skill Item Construction.
    Though Angra Mainyu is the ultimate source of all destruction, that is a consequence of his choice, not his nature - as such, he is still quite capable of feats of divine creation.

Though he can replicate a Noble Phantasm of any degree, he must do so using his own mana. As such, the output of phenomenon-based Noble Phantasms is limited by his Mana Rank (B). Constructed Noble Phantasms of any Rank can be reproduced, but those above Rank B will take exponentially more time to manifest.

Lore:
    Spoiler:

Angra Mainyu - The Destructive Spirit. All Evils Of This World.

Though summoned under his true form in the Third Holy Grail War, that true form proved to be nothing more than a powerless peasant - a human whose only sin was his lack of luck, in being chosen as the scapegoat to purge humanity of its evil. Though he ascended to the rank of a Heroic Spirit, his power was phenomenally weak besides his authority over the deaths humans. Slain almost immediately upon the beginning of the War, Avenger was returned to the Holy Grail to await the end, where his soul would be used to power the Great Ritual.

Unfortunately, though only noble Spirits could be summoned under normal circumstances, Avenger's Master had broken the rule in summoning him. That evil influence tainted the unaligned Grail through and through, creating the mud of curses that heralded disaster throughout the end of all subsequent Grail Wars. In addition, his nature as the product of a wish caused the Greater Grail, a ritual that had fully activated three times yet never successfully bestowed a wish, to trigger. Though he was still trapped within the Grail, the wish was granted, and an innocent, unfortunate man became the true Evil that humanity desired.

After the end of the Fourth Holy Grail War, Avenger's influence upon the Grail became known. Though it should have ended with the destruction of the Holy Grail, none of the three founding families were willing to scuttle the ritual if it could be salvaged. As such, the three families worked together to develop a method to save it - a purge of the Greater Grail.

Naturally, doing so immediately would have disastrous consequences - all of the stored energy in the Greater Grail would be lost, forcing an additional wait of sixty years before the next ritual could take place. Instead, they opted to wait until the Greater Grail was ready again - the seven Servants could be summoned, then the Grail purged, then the Fifth Holy Grail War could proceed as normal. This plan, however, failed to account for the fact that the Grail had already granted the wish, had already completed the Third Magic, and was simply waiting for the connection to the real world to manifest what it had wrought.

The Fifth Holy Grail War began as planned - seven Masters were chosen by the Grail, who summoned seven Servants. Once the seventh Servant was confirmed to be summoned, they initiated a purge of the Greater Grail - releasing Avenger back into the world, his transformation already complete.

By some miracle of luck, the three masters who had cooperated to cleanse the Grail managed to escape with their lives, but the cost was steep. The Greater Grail cavern was completely inundated with the excess magical energy in the Grail tainted by Avenger's influence. And while the masters who had performed the purge were still reeling from their catastrophic failure, Avenger began his assault on the city of Fuyuki, fulfilling his mandate as the antithesis of all creation.

While his powers were still restricted by the Servant Container he occupied, his strengths increased many-fold. The most devastating of which was his possession of a Materialized Soul from the Third Magic, giving him a physically anchored body along with an infinite supply of mana. As Avenger quickly laid waste to vast swathes of the city, the seven Masters quickly realized a combined offensive against him was the only way to stop his rampage.

And so began the Fifth Holy Grail War - not as a battle royale between seven Masters, striving for their own varied wishes, but as an alliance of seven Masters united against a common foe, with a common wish.

To save humanity from Evil.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
    What, were you expecting something else?
    Actually, yes, but Avenger posing as a "DBZ" character is funny as heck. :-)

So, he's definitely "main antagonist" material what with his infinite supply of mana, nigh invulnerability, summoned demons and Amazo-like ability to replicate Noble Phantasms, but he might not be "final boss" material. That is, I can definitely see him going one-on-one against most Servants, particularly those who are already weakened after, say, fighting a daeva, but I doubt he would fare well against a union of Servants; in fact, I'd say some of the more powerful ones (I'm thinking an Arturia who isn't limited by having Shirou as a Master, or someone with hax invulnerability like Herakles, Achilles or Karna) would defeat him even then. This isn't an objection or anything, merely an observation, if you do decide to write the fic.

Other than that, the only observation I have is that I'd like at least a bit more information regarding the daevas. Oh, wait, I do have a question: what exactly is a phenomenon-based Noble Phantasm? Something like Herakles' God Hand, maybe, which is based off his deeds in life, or Nine Lives, which is a technique?

Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    [...] her borrowed Clairvoyance from Conchobar (which is why I gave Vasco da Gama borrowed Clairvoyance from his lover, too), and Caladbolg which she took from Fergus (another one of her lovers).
    If I had known that would become a thing, I'd have added Clairvoyance to King Harek to represent his mother's scrying prowess. That said, I'm glad I didn't know it would become a thing.

Would it be a problem if I post a simple idea I wrote, even if it isn't even remotely complete?

Sure, why not? What are we going to do, ban you? The mods don't even read this thread anymore. Besides, it's not even against the rules or anything anyway.

Show us whatcha got!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Sure, why not? What are we going to do, ban you?
    Yes.

Nothing original, but... you know, I read the various Odysseus that people wrote on this forum, but honestly I don't feel like they got the conept that this hero represents.
    Heracles may be the son of Zeus and be the strongest in the Greek myths, Achilles may be the most famous warrior, but I'm a poor student from Spaghetti-land, we study decently Greek history and... hell, Odysseus is really really really important. He represent another side of greek culture. So, I am trying to write him.

Ulysses/Odysseus – Archer

Statistics

Alignement: Chaotic Good
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: C+
    Luck: C (D) [A]
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Abilities

Indipendente Action (A).
    It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Archer is particularly good at surviving long journeys even when everything seems to be against him.

Magic Resistence (C+)
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of
    High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.
    Archer survived the chant of the syrens, fought with Circe and other unpleasant encounters with Magic, but he suffered from them. He developed a good attitude at resisting magic, but not enormous.

Personal Abilities

Wit and Mind (A+)
    Archer is the greatest example in the old myths of a man capable of turning the worst situation into a convenient one for him, through smart ideas and a good use of words. All of his adventures are examples of this, and all of them increased this ability.
    When summoned as a Servant, Archer is capable of using this ability to support his Master when thinking about a course of action (Even if most Masters would be probably under him as stategist) or in resolving a situation without use of violence, or more commonly it is used to think about unthinkable (for others) solutions during a fight.

Collector of Stories (B)
    The long journey he has taken to return home after the Trojan War allowed him to explore the world like few others did. During this period he witnessed many thing and listened to many stories, thus he is capable of recognizing most heroes or creature more ancient or equal to him and inside his cultural area (so, European and Middle East Heroic Spirit) if he watch the fighting/doing something peculiar for a period of time (which varies according to the distance and concentration Archer may maintain during his observation). This ability doesn't perfectly work on Noble Phatasm, since they are mostly shrouded my Mistery and even if one can recognize a famous weapon, he probably doesn't know how does it work.
    When the target of Archer isn't a possibly known being, he can guess somehow his skills and cabilities, but this requires a Luck check and a longer observation.

Voyager of the Storm (B-)
    The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics.
    Archer wasn't only a captain, but also a strategist and a King, it is natural for him to possess such skill.

Unstable Fate (-)
    Not truly a skill, more like a part of Archer's legend. His Luck changes according to the enemy he is facing. While facing a Servant with the Divinity skills over the C/B level his Luck his reduced but when facing a "monstrous" enemy, his Luck improves. A remembrance of how fate often changed for the unfortunate Archer

Noble Phantasm: EH, THIS IS THE HARDEST PART. I was thinking about 3 NPs. His bow (still need to think about his most peculiar usage), "Odyssey: the long journey to Itaca" and "Trojan Horse: The deceit of the achean strategist". I have some ideas about how to represent them, but I should give 'em a proper description.

3 NPs are a lot, i know. In particular if they are higher than C, all of them. (I was thinking Bow = A/B, Odyssea = A, Trojan Horse = C+)

My problem is: Ulysses should be an hero that doesn't rely on his statistics to win, but on his ability in resolving terrible situations. His NPs, excluding the Bow, should work in this way. They are symbols of his greatest and most famous deeds, and while they shouldn't be something strong as God Hand or such, they should be effective in their area.

Basically, he should be a "Rider-like" Archer in this aspect.

Image still isn't working properly but it doesn't really matter. In seriousness, that seems like a pretty good start. Unstable Fate is really cool. I think that Wit and Mind could probably use a bit more description making it slightly clearer what it does, though, and obvious you're going to need to add Noble Phantasms in the final version. Where are you thinking of going with those, out of curiosity?

It's super surprising that we haven't seen Odysseus in Canon yet, honestly.
    Last edited by 4score7years; January 10th, 2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: there we are (except not. Why does this site hate regular formatting and images rip)

404-not-found my dude

Blog Entries
    Sure, why not? What are we going to do, ban you? The mods don't even read this thread anymore. Besides, it's not even against the rules or anything anyway.
    They pop up on the "users reading this thread" list, though. I imagine they're just too busy facepalming to really comment.

Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    They pop up on the "users reading this thread" list, though. I imagine they're just too busy facepalming to really comment.
    True. That image I posted earlier would once again be relevant were it to actually show up correctly. How does image hosting work on this site again?

Blog Entries
    It works with normal IMG tags like you tried the second time. The problem is what you were putting in between those tags, which was nonsense. Both as a courtesy and as a practical measure, you should be rehosting images you're displaying, and then use the proper url from your chosen rehost. Yours were incomprehensible and irretrievable.

Sample:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/pf4DPAT.png[/img] displays
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

I see. I didn't even realize that was a thing. Thanks Seika!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperversum View Post
    Ulysses/Odysseus – Archer
    Well I am not much a fan of him as a Archer instead of Rider. But if you want/need more NP:
    - "Nobody"
    - The herb of Hermes (not a good one, but it can works)
    - The winds of Aeolus

Well, when I make an Odysseus one (who knows), I will try make a Rider with multiple NP like Astolfo or Perseus. I guess it is the most fitting. But well, he had a Bow.