Page 210 of 858 FirstFirst ... 110160200205208209210211212215220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    very solid sheet
    i like how you focused on the mystical portion of newton which makes sense because he's a caster. People forget that.
    i'd say the minuses aren't really necessary and i didn't like the precursor philosopher's stone np.
    very well done though
    Wow, commentary from You of any kind is pretty damn rare, much less of the positive sort. I'd definitely be taking that as a serious compliment!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any Newton sheet that doesn't make him a magus, given his RL interests, is an instant fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wow, commentary from You of any kind is pretty damn rare, much less of the positive sort. I'd definitely be taking that as a serious compliment!
    If that is the case then I will gladly accept the compliment

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i only comment on sheets i like
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    i only comment on sheets i like
    Guess you never like any of mine, then...

Not to take it personally or anything. You're just tough to impress.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Newton is pretty darn good, well done. I'm probably a bit late as everyone has already said my views on it, still worth saying it was good though.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess you never like any of mine, then...

Not to take it personally or anything. You're just tough to impress.
    I just assume when no one comments on mine that they're ok but just kinda average like with Tsubodai just now.

I don't think You has commented on any of mine either, but oh well.

About Newton I just find strange missing Principia Mathematica as a NP name, it is a really cool name.

PS: It has been really hard to post like I log-on and in the same minute the forum says I am not loged-on and that I can't post because of that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    About Newton I just find strange missing Principia Mathematica as a NP name, it is a really cool name.

PS: It has been really hard to post like I log-on and in the same minute the forum says I am not loged-on and that I can't post because of that.
    That happens to me every now and again too but usually not enough to be debilitating. Have you tried using the "remember me" option?

Blog Entries

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=59291925
    Class: Archer
    Alternate Class: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Folklore
    Region: Greece

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A+
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 160cm/52kg
    Dislikes: Hera, Achilles
    Talents: Speed
    Natural enemy: Heracles
    Attribute: Sky, Water
    Traits: Female, Divine

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (B)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Independent Action: (A)
    Independent Action is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them is by utilizing Command Spells.
    It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary. At Rank A, it is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for about a week without a Master.
    The life of a messenger is a lonely one and one defined by moving alone from place to place constantly. Thus, her rank in this skill.

Personal Skills:

Goddess Divine Core: (EX)
    Goddess Divine Core is a Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from change no matter how much calories are absorbed.

The daughter of one of the first sea gods. Thaumas, and the Oceanid (sea nymph descended directly from Titans) Electra, Archer possesses an incomprehensible rank in this skill as a true god without a shred of humanity.

Presence Detection: (A)
    Presence Detection is the ability to detect other Servants and local mana sources.
    By triangulating her position between the water under the earth and the clouds and relating it to her target, Archer can discern anything from Servants to water sources in an eight kilometer radius. If used on things at close range, an equal or lower rank of Presence Concealment can be nullified.
    A necessary skill for a messenger, Archer relied on this ability when relaying information between the gods during the Titanomachy. While her speed is legendary in and out itself, the ability to intrinsically know where her Olympian allies are at all times is the true mark of a messenger.

Harpy Form: (E)
    In Greek mythology, a harpy was a female monster in the form of a bird with a human face. They steal food from their victims while they are eating and carry evildoers to the Erinyes. They seem originally to have been wind spirits. Their name means "snatchers".
    All of the children born by Thaumas and Electra possess this skill in some form or another. Archer and her twin sister have the lowest rank, while their siblings Aello, Ocypete, and Celaeno are true harpies.
    Because Archer’s rank is so low, she displays very little in the way of outward harpy characteristics. Exceptions to the rule are her four beautiful, golden wings, and her eyes which are incredibly sharp. She’s often likened to the concept of an Abrahamic angel whenever she appears in myth or literature because of this.
    Her eyes are not quite on the level of Mystic Eyes, but they do display incredibly heightened ability of perception. A pseudo-skill rank in the Clairvoyance-based skill Hawkeye is not out of the question because of this. Archer has also inherited the appetite of the harpy, making her constantly insatiable in one way or another.

Librarian of Stored Knowledge: (B)
    Librarian of Stored Knowledge is an ability that makes it possible for a clear recall of knowledge from memory with a successful Luck Check, even if the information perceived in the past was not consciously acknowledged at the time.
    Archer achieves this by having the perfect recall of one who doesn’t perceive events the way humans do. While it might not seem like she’s suitable for the sort of occupation she has because of her personality, she’s surprisingly perceptive about the things she’s seen when called upon to do so. There’s a small chance she’ll slip in something irrelevant on accident, if only because she has no filter when it comes to regurgitating information.

Noble Phantasm
    Ewer of Styx
    O Cousin, Curse Them Not

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Truth
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 10

The pitcher containing water from the River Styx that Zeus commanded Archer carry on her person at all times. The river, which is the form the primordial Greek deity of the same name took upon victory in the Titanomachy, is a Phantasmal barrier between Earth and Tartarus, and thus between the living and dead as well. Styx was a being with miraculous powers, and because of her cooperation during the Titanomachy, Zeus promised that all oaths would be sword upon her.
    Unfortunately, most of the oaths sworn upon Styx ended in death.

A Phantasmal liquid made up of corporeal curses akin to the mud of Angra Mainyu, the water that flows in the Styx has been given many different abilities. For Archer’s purpose, the Noble Phantasm is actually the ewer itself, a Mystic Code that transforms any liquid placed within it to water from the Styx. When sprinkled over someone, it acts as a powerful and unavoidable truth serum, forcing the target to speak only the truth. When sprinkled over someone who is actively lying, it will put them instantly to sleep. There’s a small chance of insta-kill that Archer herself is unaware of.

Archer can also seed the clouds with the water from the ewer, causing it to rain the Styx’s water within a matter of minutes. While effective in covering a large area quickly, this technique drains the ewer completely and it will need to be refilled.

A secondary effect that Archer will attempt to keep as secret as possible is that the water from the ewer also confers temporary immortality. As with the mud of Angra Mainyu, which has a chance of reincarnating Servants subjected to it and corrupting those who don’t survive the process, the oaths that make up the Styx’s water instead removes one from the possibility of death. It’s said that Thetis first dipped Achilles in the Styx before choosing the sacred fire, as she was dissatisfied with the slow and temporary results. While Archer may still use its truth-serum or anti-lying effects, she will in essence be unable to harm them for the time being.

Próto Komiti
    First Comet

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

After the Titanomachy, Archer’s twin sister Arke, who had betrayed the gods and acted as the messenger for the Titans, was stripped of her wings by Zeus. He then gave these same wings to Thetis and Peleus as a present for their wedding, who in turn grafted the wings to the feet of Achilles to make him the fastest hero of all time.

While Achilles may be fast, there’s little doubt that Arke, as the original owner of his wings, would have made better use of them and been even faster. Unfortunately for both of them, however, is that one of the main reasons Archer was a better messenger than Arke was that she was even faster than her.
    Próto Komiti thus makes Archer one of the fastest beings alive. Because the conceptual aspects of Archer’s Noble Phantasm don’t supercede that of Achilles, if he’s anywhere nearby she’ll have to be flying or else wait until Achilles is on his chariot before making use of Próto Komiti.

Próto Komiti encapsulates Archer’s position as “one who is faster than even the gods” and by extension faster than anything the gods could ever create. Zeus’ thunderbolts, as the pinnacle of speed and power according to the Olympians, by definition pale in comparison to Archer’s speed.
    Upon activation, Archer’s wings will glow with all the colors of the rainbow and she’ll be able to supersede even the speed of light. Less of a concept of movement from point A to point B as it is one of instant transmission, the speed at which travel becomes possible is also met with the challenge turning poses while ignoring the laws of physics.
    Archer can use it with almost no interval to replicate turning on a dime, but the immense mana cost makes it difficult to abuse.

It has the potential to be a blisteringly effective Anti-Army attack on the scope of Bellerophon, but Archer would really rather not use it to attack if she could help it.

7 Iris Caduceus
    Bow of the Herald

Type: Anti-Unit/Army
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 1-10

The caduceus, staff of heralds, is most often associated with Hermes and Hermes Trismegistus. As a symbolic object, it represents Hermes, and by extension trades, occupations, or undertakings associated with the god. In later Antiquity, the caduceus provided the basis for the astrological symbol representing the planet Mercury. Thus, through its use in astrology and alchemy, it has come to denote the elemental metal of the same name. It is said the wand would wake the sleeping and send the awake to sleep. If applied to the dying, their death was gentle; if applied to the dead, they returned to life.

However it is also a known accessory of Archer. The winged staff with serpents intertwining around it is the other principle regalia associated with Archer along with the ewer. In this form, the caduceus has elongated and become bent to take on the shape of a bow. The bow is ornately carved with images of snakes and wings, and topped with a strange hollow circle for aiming.

It embodies the principle of a [peaceful death]. Archer is averse to fighting in the first place, but the knowledge that those she sends to the Elysian Fields with her bow didn’t suffer helps her get over it and is thus more comfortable using it. To do this, however, she must first hit the target with a “blank” arrow that then instills the idea of a painless death upon them. If she misses the first shot, she will refuse to use “live” arrows until the target is safe from pain. Archer can fire seven arrows at once which are capable of curving at impossible hyperbolic angles. It may seem like the arrows are homing but in reality the curves are blindfired after release.

Lore

In Greek mythology, Iris is the personification of the rainbow and messenger of the gods. She is also known as one of the goddesses of the sea and the sky. Iris links the gods to humanity. She travels with the speed of wind from one end of the world to the other, and into the depths of the sea and the underworld.

According to Hesiod's Theogony, Iris is the daughter of Thaumas and the Oceanid Electra, and the sister of the Harpies: Aello and Ocypete.

During the Titanomachy, Iris was the messenger of the Olympian Gods, while her twin sister Arke betrayed the Olympians and became the messenger of the Titans.

Iris is frequently mentioned as a divine messenger in the Iliad which is attributed to Homer, but does not appear in his Odyssey, where Hermes fills that role. Like Hermes, Iris carries a caduceus or winged staff. By command of Zeus, the king of the gods, she carries an ewer of water from the River Styx, with which she puts to sleep all who perjure themselves. According to Apollonius Rhodius, Iris turned back the Argonauts Zetes and Calais who had pursued the Harpies to the Strophades. The brothers had driven off the monsters from their torment of the prophet Phineus, but did not kill them upon the request of Iris, who promised that Phineus would not be bothered by the Harpies again.

In Euripides' play Heracles, Iris appears alongside Lyssa, cursing Heracles with the fit of madness in which he kills his three sons and his wife Megara. In some records she is a sororal twin to the Titaness Arke, who flew out of the company of Olympian gods to join the Titans as their messenger goddess during the Titanomachy, making the two sisters enemy messenger goddesses. Iris was said to have golden wings, whereas Arke had iridescent ones. She is also said to travel on the rainbow while carrying messages from the gods to mortals. During the Titan War, Zeus tore Arke's iridescent wings from her and gave them as a gift to the Nereid Thetis at her wedding, who in turn gave them to her son, Achilles, who wore them on his feet. Achilles was sometimes known as podarkes. Podarces was also the original name of Priam, king of Troy.

Iris also appears several times in Virgil's Aeneid, usually as an agent of Juno. In Book 4, Juno dispatches her to pluck a lock of hair from the head of Queen Dido, that she may die and enter Hades. In book 5, Iris, having taken on the form of a Trojan woman, stirs up the other Trojan mothers to set fire to four of Aeneas' ships in order to prevent them from leaving Sicily.

Personality

Iris takes her job very seriously, often espousing the virtues of a messenger if asked. She’s rather quiet when working or dozing off, if only because all the moving she does exhausts even her after a while. Her periods of energetic behavior are concerned mostly with chatting amiably about how great the Olympian gods are, and wonders what other messenger gods are like. She’s a little jealous that Hermes has garnered all of the attention for her profession, but she’s slow to show it.
    She’ll have random bouts of airheadedness, which clashes considerably with her hardworking image. Also food. She’s fine snacking on sunflower seeds for hours but you had better have food ready no matter what.
    She’s a religious soccer fan for some reason.

Relationships
    Heracles
    “I-I’m sorry, Mighty Heracles. Even though it was your stepmother Hera who commanded I curse you, I can’t pretend I didn’t share some of that blame by carrying out her deeds. I don’t blame you if you hate me…”
    Achilles
    “Is that you, Podarkes? Seeing my sister again in that shape after such a long time is a little...A race? Are you sure? Alright, but you’re buying me ice cream after I win.”
    Artemis
    “Good day to you, cousin! Isn’t it exciting that we gods can participate in this war too?
    Orion? That’s Orion? B-But he’s so...cute.”

-------------------------
    Coffee and a boring Saturday afternoon are a dangerous mix.
    Last edited by Ail Don; January 28th, 2017 at 11:23 PM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    @Iris

d'aaaaaawwwwwww

Blog Entries
    Iris is pretty adorable, especially with the Madokami faceclaim. I'd balk at her A++ Agility though, since I'm pretty sure it was explicitly noted somewhere in Zero that Diarmuid's A+ Agility was the highest achievable under the Servant system. Plus, her most ridiculous feats of speed are folded up under her second NP anyways.

Other then that, a very creative and well-rounded sheet as per usual for you.

Blog Entries
    I think it was Apoc and Achilles' A+ that was said to be the pinnacle of Servant speed but it's just semantics at that point.
    She is technically faster than both of them but for the sake of the container only being able to travel that fast I think you've got a point. Lowered to A+

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    I think it was Apoc and Achilles' A+ that was said to be the pinnacle of Servant speed but it's just semantics at that point.
    She is technically faster than both of them but for the sake of the container only being able to travel that fast I think you've got a point. Lowered to A+
    Now that I think about it, it is odd how other stats can go higher while Agility alone is explicitly capped off at A+, but I'm pretty sure it's canon so...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dromeus Kometes is A+ rank, so if Iris is even faster her NP should be equal or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Dromeus Kometes is A+ rank, so if Iris is even faster her NP should be equal or higher.
    That's assuming that rank is based on sheer output alone and not level of fame or mystery or anything similar...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now that I think about it, it is odd how other stats can go higher while Agility alone is explicitly capped off at A+, but I'm pretty sure it's canon so...
    It's not explicitly stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That's assuming that rank is based on sheer output alone and not level of fame or mystery or anything similar...
    This. I figured since Iris is pretty obscure her mystery would be lower too. If she was more famous she'd be able to keep up Proto Komiti for a longer period or something.
    I'll think about it.

Blog Entries
    It's not explicitly stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Wiki Diarmuid
    Lancer has exceptional speed, the highest rank possible for a Servant (emphasis mine) and a high Strength rank, though the rest of his statistics are much lower.
    So, am I to take it that this is just another example of the wiki getting stuff wrong? It wouldn't be much of a surprise, admittedly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Well it should tell you something when they say "speed" yet that isn't what the stat is entirely about.
    Oh well. Make that one talking point to scratch off my repertoire...

I guess Ail can have their A++ Agility back, though I still think it's a little much.