Page 696 of 782 FirstFirst ... 196596646686691694695696697698701706746 ... LastLast
Results 13,901 to 13,920 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

He doesn't have a lot of mystery about him, so I wanted to have the Canal be used similar to how it was actually formed: by a shitton of explosives. Roosevelt figured somebody had to cut that country in half and it might as well be him.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I like it, it's decent. I'm not too fond of the whole "but his true motivation is about her" revealed in a profile. In an actual story I'd see it being a fleeting moment, the moment before his death, perhaps. But it's just a Servant sheet, after all. I can't expect anything more.
    Hmm. I think a character who acts in that way while secretly hiding great regrets is more interesting then someone who's just a purely selfish hedonist. Especially since the Nasuverse always does love its tragic monsters (heck, pretty much every villain in Fate except Gilgamesh met that archetype to some degree or another). And I think there's enough leeway to give him that sort of personality (though I've admittedly never read the book).

I'm not too sure it should be EX, though. Even though the effect is powerful, it's really not that crazy. It's not something akin to Avalon in terms of mystery. I think A would be better.
    Funny thing is, I originally had it as A+ and only buffed it to EX after a few people suggested as such. I guess I could nerf it back down again, though I think the effect is powerful (even if not 'extreme') enough to warrant EX. Plus Avalon is ranked EX, so I'm not quite sure what you mean there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the faceclaim on that Roosevelt sheet is the most amazing thing ever. Nice job on the NPs too. Too bad you couldn't work in the "It takes more then that to kill a bull moose" quote though. Maybe add it as a related quote under Battle Continuation? (Like Atalanta's quote under her Crossing Arcadia Skill description)

When I first saw the Panama Canal NP I thought its effect was going to be sending in a giant flood or something to drown enemies, but the dynamite is probably more fitting (and creative). I presume the dynamite needs to be set up beforehand? (Hence the mention about "taking a long time to prepare")

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I wanna see Teddy as a Striker. I'm not familiar enough with MURRICA to know wild presidential feats by heart.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I wanna see Teddy as a Striker. I'm not familiar enough with MURRICA to know wild presidential feats by heart.
    Wasn't he the guy who had impromptu boxing matches in the White House? (And ended up injuring his eye as a result)

I'd have to look it up to be sure, but it definitely sounds like the kind of thing ol' Teddy would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by History.com
    Roosevelt boxed for Harvard University’s intramural lightweight championship and continued to spar recreationally during his political career. During his days in the White House, he regularly put up his dukes against former professional boxers and other sparring partners until a punch from a young artillery officer smashed a blood vessel and left him nearly blind in his left eye.
    Yep, it was him all right.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Obviously the bombs of the Panama Canal are subliminated into his fists

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Obviously the bombs of the Panama Canal are subliminated into his fists
    So, explosive geography-restructuring punches? I can get behind that.

Blog Entries
    Striker class?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    Smashing/hitting/crushing class. Maces, axes, clubs, unarmed fighting, that sort of thing. Not even slightly a canon class but it fills a gap better than "uhhhhh this guy doesn't have a sword/spear/projectile/magic/mount so let's make him a sane-but-grumpy berserker".

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    FGO just puts non-polearm weapon-wielding enemies into the Saber class, including those with maces and axes.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Smashing/hitting/crushing class. Maces, axes, clubs, unarmed fighting, that sort of thing. Not even slightly a canon class but it fills a gap better than "uhhhhh this guy doesn't have a sword/spear/projectile/magic/mount so let's make him a sane-but-grumpy berserker".
    And here I thought it was for footballers. Though that would be a thing to see, a Servant who kills by kicking a magical football at their enemies.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    FGO just puts non-polearm weapon-wielding enemies into the Saber class, including those with maces and axes.
    ehhhh
    ehhhhh
    i don't think we can really count werewolves and whatever. we even have lancer class dragons and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I know it does but that doesn't make it not fucking stupid.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    ehhhh
    ehhhhh
    i don't think we can really count werewolves and whatever. we even have lancer class dragons and whatnot.
    Meanwhile a famous nurse is a Berserker.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Can we all just agree that GO is weird and move on with our lives?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I must say, Teddy Rooservelt is glorious. I've never seen a sheet of him before and no other will compare (that face claim sealed the deal).

I may also try my hand at an Indian servant as its an excuse to make an OP character. Maybe Ravana or Parashursma...

Blog Entries
    GO is a meme that is self-aware.
    Look at Edison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Wasn't he the guy who had impromptu boxing matches in the White House? (And ended up injuring his eye as a result)

I'd have to look it up to be sure, but it definitely sounds like the kind of thing ol' Teddy would do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, it was him all right.
    He also had a brown belt in judo and practiced singlestick, which is the Navy's version of sword-sparring and would come into meetings with freshly bandaged wounds.

Also he had loads of pets at the White House, mostly dogs, but also a bear named Jonathan Edwards and a hyena.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    And I think there's enough leeway to give him that sort of personality (though I've admittedly never read the book).
    ...Then why write him up? I mean, it's your time and all, but wouldn't it be better to focus on characters you actually know about?

I'm not too sure it should be EX, though. Even though the effect is powerful, it's really not that crazy. It's not something akin to Avalon in terms of mystery.
    It doesn't have the same amount of mystery as Avalon, true, but I think of it like this: God Hand gives Herakles 11 extra lives and can be overcome if you deal a humongous amount of damage all at once (such as, say, an Excaliblast); in comparison, Dorian's picture (the way it's currently described, at least) grants practical immunity to all attacks, even a full-powered Ea! So I'd say the effect is powerful enough to warrant an EX Rank.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; April 8th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    ...Then why write him up? I mean, it's your time and all, but wouldn't it be better to focus on characters you actually know about?
    ...Because I thought it seemed interesting? Most of the sheets I write are for characters I wasn't familiar with before researching, so Dorian is the rule here, not the exception.