Page 780 of 858 FirstFirst ... 280680730770775778779780781782785790830 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Not a summer sheet, though I shudder to imagine who would think that based on the faceclaim.

I find the lack of monstrous Scyllas disturbing, so I tried to rectify that (though there does appear to be one other).
    Mind you, this has been a work-in-progress for some time now, but the sheet above just got me to finish it. Any one-upsmanship present is unintentional.
    Bullshit.

I joke, actually I like your sheet. I did my sheet because I want to see a Scylla that was more of a tragic figure, which made somewhat model her of our resident innocent maiden tragically turned into a monster, Medusa. Funnily enough, your sheet reminds me of Gorgon, you capture the tragedy of her very well and your Charybdis is more creativery then mine so again, I really like it.

Aside from the fact that I am a little salty that your ideas are better then the ones a had for my Berserker Scylla that i just started working with, I am curious. You mentioned that mine sheet got you to finish yours, but you didn't mention if you liked it.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avenger of the Witch Trials
    "They killed Martha... If they insist so much on us being witches, then... May they all perish by the wrath of one."

Source

Class: Avenger
    Other Classes: Caster

True Name:
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Late 17th century America

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: A
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: B

Dislikes: Unjust accusations, lies
    Talent: Farming, talking about his wife
    Natural Enemy: Abigail Williams
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Fireballs, astral projections
    Catalyst: One of the stones used to press him, his court documents
    Class Skills
    Avenger

A skill representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. No matter how drastically his form was twisted by the people's fears and accusations, his hatred towards those who condemned his wife still burns stronger than ever.

Memory Correction

People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. His wife's pleas of innocence, the people's pointed fingers and accusatory glances, the agonizing weight of that rock as it shattered his spine and crushed his innards... Avenger will never forget any of that.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)

One's magical energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Avenger's hatred towards the people's accusations allow him to recover a small amount of mana periodically.

Personal Skills
    Innocent Monster

Avenger's existence is distorted by the accusations of witchcraft he received in life. This grants him certain skills such as levitation and the ability to conjure fireballs. This distortion is limited to these skills, however, and Avenger's psyche remains fully intact.

Witch Trial

A skill replicating the events from Avenger's life. Draws out emotions of paranoia, distrust, and envy from Avenger's surroundings. In life, Avenger witnessed the people's fears, hatred, and accusations, a direct victim of the Witch Trials. This grants him a high rank at this skill.

Battle Continuation

The ability to resume combat despite lethal injuries. The mentality of one who does not know when to give up. Despite not being known for any combat prowess in life, Avenger survived for two days before dying as his body was pressed by heavy stones. During this time, he defiantly refused to plead or admit to any of the accusations aimed at him, even taunting his executioners to "add more weight". Truly, someone who does not know when to give up.

Astral Projection

Based on the statements of witnesses who accused him, Avenger also gained the ability of astral projection, separating his soul from his physical body to wander as a specter. While separated, Avenger's soul emits no presence as a Servant and he could effortlessly phase through physical objects. Of course, he could not interact with these objects in any way as a spirit. He also seems to have some trouble to phase through magical barriers and attacks endowed with holy blessings.

Despite concealing Avenger's presence as a Servant, it is also worth noting that this skill works differently from Presence Concealment. With this skill, the only thing erased is his presence as a Servant. Avenger himself can still be seen with the naked eye.

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Embrace the Burden of Unjustified Claims
    The Devil's Book

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

The absolute proof that one is a witch, according to the Puritan belief at the time. Then, it was believed that by signing this supernatural book with blood, one forms a covenant with the devil and gains demonic powers. As such, finding an accuser who could testify that the accused had signed the Devil's book, or getting a confession from the accused that she or he had signed it, was an important part of the examination in the Witch Trials. In life, Avenger was accused of forcing a girl to sign this book, and signing the book himself.

A single use Noble Phantasm, the moment Avenger signs the book with his own blood, he forfeits his life to the devil and becomes the "witch" that the people wanted him to be. Avenger already possesses witch-like abilities as a Servant, so instead of granting abilities, this book amplifies his abilities instead, temporarily increasing his parameters by two ranks.

This Noble Phantasm also alters his Astral Projection skill to rank EX. At this rank, instead of separating his physical and spiritual form, Avenger can freely turn intangible at will and create multiple projections of himself. Despite that, it would require him to turn into his physical form in order for his attacks to land.

The effects of this Noble Phantasm disappears after a few hours, unable to be invoked again for the rest of the war. There is a lasting effect, however. Should Avenger be killed any time after activating this Noble Phantasm, the Servant who landed the killing blow would instantly vanish along with him. This is an embodiment of the curse Avenger was said to have invoked before his death, where the sheriff who executed him died of a heart attack soon after Avenger's death.

Description
    Avenger's True Name is Giles Corey, one of the last victims of the Salem Witch Trials.

First and foremost, it is worth pointing out that Avenger does not hate witches. He was a skeptic in life, and despite his firm denial of being one, he does not seem to mind their presence, now that he is aware of the existence of magecraft and the supernatural as a Servant. Should anyone ask for his opinion on witches, he would calmly respond with "evil as they may be, they never gang up and condemn someone to their death with baseless accusations".

It is obvious that Avenger's hatred for those who condemned his wife extends to most humans in general. He maintains a pessimistic, distrustful view of others, seeing them as foolish mobs easily swayed by lies, no different from his accusers. That said, Avenger's main source of hatred comes from Abigail Williams, the one he believed to be directly responsible for the death of his wife, as she was the one who first testified against her. Should the two meet, it is likely that Avenger would go berserk and try to kill her, with or without the eldritch being inside her. Should this fail and he survive, he would be reduced to a sobbing mess, tearfully begging for the Foreigner to bring his wife back.

Outside from that, Avenger is a quiet man who mostly keeps to himself. Sometimes he can be seen gazing absentmindedly, as if reminiscing of more peaceful times. His quiet demeanor changes the moment his wife is mentioned, however. Once that topic comes up, he could spend hours talking about her, from the first time they met, her cooking skill, to mundane everyday things such as small jokes and greetings between them. Do not ask him for the end of that story, though, as his wife's death still brings up bitter memories for him.

Avenger's wish for the grail is simply to see his wife again.

Lore
    Not much was known regarding Giles Corey's past, other than the fact that he was a successful farmer and a full member of the church in Salem. The county records show that in 1676 he was arrested and fined for beating a farmhand to death, although he avoided a murder charge and was instead charged for "using excessive force". Corey married his third wife, Martha, in 1690. The couple's arguing can be heard occasionally by their neighbors, but the two led a relatively happy domestic life.

That all changed, however, on one Sunday morning in March 1692. That day, in the middle of a worship service, Abigail Williams entered the church, disrupting the visiting minister. She claimed to witness Martha's spirit separating from her body. Soon afterwards other dubious claims surfaced, claiming to see Martha's spirit. Martha was arrested the next day, and Giles, in shock, could do nothing but stay silent at these accusations.

Some time later, Giles attempted to protest Martha's innocence and overturn her verdict to no avail. Even worse, an accusation was landed against him. A girl claimed that he appeared as a spirit before her, assaulted her, and forced her to sign the Devil's Book. The accusations snowballed and by September 1692, he was formally accused of witchcraft by Abigail Williams, Ann Putnam Jr., and Mercy Lewis.

As he was formally indicted, Giles refused to enter any plea, instead remaining silent when asked. The reason for his silence was unknown, but perhaps he simply believed that it would be futile to plead when it would be likely for him to be found guilty either way.

To force him to plead, he was subjected to a torture known as the Peine et Dure. He was stripped naked on the ground, a board was placed on top of his body, and heavy stones were placed atop the board, slowly crushing him to death, as he was deprived of food and water. He accepted this torture without complaint, and for the next three days, he still refused to plead. He even taunted his executioners a few times during this torture, daring them to put more stones on top of his body.

Giles Corey was found dead on the dawn of the third day of this torture. There are some differing accounts on his last words. Some said he continued to taunt his executioners, asking for more weight until the end. A darker account claimed that he cursed the town of Salem with his last breath. Either way, the sheriff who executed him died of a heart attack a few years after Corey's execution, and his successors met a similar fate; all of them died by heart attack or stroke. It wasn't until the sheriff department was moved from Salem in the 1970s that this strange coincidence ceased, and many superstitious locals seem to attribute this uncanny coincidence to the curse of Giles Corey.

Relationships
    Antonio Salieri: "A musician twisted by the people's hatred, eh..? Baseless rumors are such scary things indeed..."

Rama: "Another man cruelly separated from his wife... I know our circumstances are nothing similar, but please know you have my sympathy."

Abigail Williams: "Martha... If it weren't for you..! HER BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS! GIVE ME BACK MY WIFE!"

Creator's Notes
    I was somewhat tempted to make a "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME" joke on the relationships page, triggered by St. Martha, but I decided against it. Welp, that aside, any criticisms or responses are welcome.

Blog Entries
    I added some dialogue to Scylla since i wanted to expand her Character a little. Will probably keep doing that on the future.
    Last edited by the god of world-0; August 6th, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Bullshit.

I joke, actually I like your sheet. I did my sheet because I want to see a Scylla that was more of a tragic figure, which made somewhat model her of our resident innocent maiden tragically turned into a monster, Medusa. Funnily enough, your sheet reminds me of Gorgon, you capture the tragedy of her very well and your Charybdis is more creativery then mine so again, I really like it.

Aside from the fact that I am a little salty that your ideas are better then the ones a had for my Berserker Scylla that i just started working with, I am curious. You mentioned that mine sheet got you to finish yours, but you didn't mention if you liked it.
    I think the sheet is good and her personality is a reasonable development when one takes her legend into account. However. It ought to be noted that I'm weirded out by her still having Divinity (when Medusa, who started at around Divinity A got degraded to E- despite (apparently, sort of) making an effort to become good again).
    It also ought to be noted that Scylla mainly remained on land, hence why she was only a threat due to her long necks, with which she could strike at passing ships. If she could swim, I don't think ships would've had a chance of passing a hungry predator the size of the ship itself intact. Granted, to my shame I was also under the impression that Scylla was aquatic rather than bound to land, and the legends vary on the subject to some extent.
    Yeah and the NP is a bit boring, as you stated.

And on the subject of the other sheet...

Avenger of the Witch Trials:
    I have to admit that the FC and being a male associated with the witch trials first got me thinking of Matthew Hopkins, but that likely wasn't the intention given the fact that the FC is very witch-like in retrospect.
    The sheet is fine in execution, though there are (as always) a few things I'd nitpick about:
    - There's some overlap between Avenger and Witch Trial as Skills, but that's inevitable, since he clearly qualifies for both. I'd suggest combining the two (like 'Avenger (Witch Trial)' or something that rolls of the tongue a little better), but it's fine as it is too.
    - Innocent Monster by itself doesn't usually grant direct access to special powers, but seems to do that via granting Skills. So he might benefit from having Witchcraft (though then he'd have 5 Personal Skills, which is part of why I'd suggest combining the aforementioned two Skills).
    - Given that it's the most famous part of his legend, the lack of dropping a huge pile of rocks on somebody as a Noble Phantasm bothers me (it could probably do something more spectacular).
    - Not sure about Astral Projection's functionality, as the lack of turning invisible is bothersome. However, if it was claimed to be something he could do, people wouldn't be able to tell that it was him if he wasn't visible, could they?

Interesting enough a sheet.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; August 6th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Avenger of the Witch Trials: I have to admit that the FC and being a male associated with the witch trials first got me thinking of Matthew Hopkins, but that likely wasn't the intention given the fact that the FC is very witch-like in retrospect.The sheet is fine in execution, though there are (as always) a few things I'd nitpick about:
    - There's some overlap between Avenger and Witch Trial as Skills, but that's inevitable, since he clearly qualifies for both. I'd suggest combining the two (like 'Avenger (Witch Trial)' or something that rolls of the tongue a little better), but it's fine as it is too.
    - Innocent Monster by itself doesn't usually grant direct access to special powers, but seems to do that via granting Skills. So he might benefit from having Witchcraft (though then he'd have 5 Personal Skills, which is part of why I'd suggest combining the aforementioned two Skills).
    - Given that it's the most famous part of his legend, the lack of dropping a huge pile of rocks on somebody as a Noble Phantasm bothers me (it could probably do something more spectacular).
    - Not sure about Astral Projection's functionality, as the lack of turning invisible is bothersome. However, if it was claimed to be something he could do, people wouldn't be able to tell that it was him if he wasn't visible, could they?Interesting enough a sheet.
    Hm, combining Avenger and Witch Trial to a single skill seems like a good idea, now that you mention it. The contradiction may come from the initial idea I have about this sheet, where someone who had been framed for something they never did just decided to "screw it" and embraced the accusations to get his revenge. Therefore he appears to be both an innocent victim and someone who would happily use the power of witches he denied being in life.

I tried thinking of a Noble Phantasm that symbolizes his death. He definitely couldn't just conjure up and drop rocks from nowhere, because I think that would be too simple. My second thought is something more conceptual, like his presence could immobilize other Servants, as if they are pinned down and slowly crushed by those rocks. Guess I just couldn't think of more details on that one.

I could imagine one of Astral Projection's functionality would be to allow him to talk or negotiate with other parties safely, without the chance of him getting hurt should negotiations went sour, since all weapons would just pass through him in astral form. It's kind of limited in functionality, admittedly, and maybe I should've added heavier demerits to prevent him from just sitting out the war in astral form forever.

All in all, thanks for the nitpicks, will definitely keep those in mind for future sheets.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 6th, 2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Formatting

Doesn't FGO Berserker Vlad have basically the same concept, begrudgingly accepting his vampirism? I think all he has is Innocent Monster and the Vampirism skill outright; unique skills are always more fun to come up with.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker, Avenger
    True Name: Boudica
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Britain (1st century)
    Armament:
    Sword

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A+
    AGI: B
    MANA: D
    LUCK: A+
    NP: A

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank B: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding - Rank A: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    All vehicles and all creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have an aptitude for the Rider Class.

Independent Action - Rank D: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master; the ability that allows for action even in the absence of the Master. At higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract.
    It is possible for a Servant to stay in the world for half a day without a Master.

Personal Skills

Triumph of Boudica - Rank EX: An improvement over the user’s former Skill, Protection from Andraste. Rather than simply being a blessing, it is a mark of achieved victory through enduring effort. When participating in group battles, a plus modifier is granted to all checks made by the user or their allies. In this case, the user’s claiming of a triumph, symbolically over the Romans, means that the attack power of Romans is also lessened and there is a chance of their Noble Phantasms being sealed for a short duration.
    Though rising to reign over the beach is a small victory, it is a victory nonetheless. Despite grudges being forgiven, she can’t help but feel satisfaction from entering and prevailing in the same battlefield as her rival.

Beach Flower - Rank A+: A Skill that determines how many looks from the opposite sex/of public attention one can gather at the beach.
    Since one also has A+ in this, one has reached the domain of a celebrity. Being a hero of some fame, her appearance (finally) on the beach is bound to turn the gazes of men.

Battle Continuation - Rank A++: A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce the mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments.
    Can continue fighting even with wounds that place them on the verge of death. Not even being repeatedly sidelined from events or derided for one’s performance can bring the user down. Never gives up.

Noble Phantasms

Sword of Long-Awaited Victory
    Sword of Boudica

Anti-Unit~Anti-Army, Rank A
    The one-handed sword of Boudica. Transformed by her victory, it has achieved an existence closer to that of Britain’s most famous blade. Despite not being a Holy Sword, the Sword of Boudica has grown alongside its wielder, no longer being a simple ‘imperfect sword of wishes’. Rather, it is a symbol of reaching a victory, no matter how far away that might be.
    The mana that could once be launched in the form of projectiles now clings to the sword upon release, making for a larger blade formed of energy. Though smaller blades of energy can be unleashed, calling the sword by its True Name enlarges the blade to titanic proportions, allowing the user to flatten large groups of enemies with a single swing.
    The improved function of the blade is also perfect for declaring one’s victory or simply for the purpose of making a dramatic entrance.

Description
    Dislikes: Overtly extravagant spectacles, Rome
    Talents: Perseverance, cooking
    Natural Enemy: Nero Claudius

The triumphant Queen of Victory has finally won her place in the summer celebrations. Though it was an achievement that she had to quite literally fight for, she feels that the effort was worth it in the end. Uncharacteristically, she has gotten quite prideful about her new position, and lapses into bouts of maniacal, chuckling laughter and abrupt celebration at times.
    Summer, sunshine and cooking! As Boudica now stands in the center of attention, she has surprisingly taken leave from Chaldea’s cooking team despite the profits her newfound popularity might bring. Of course, she still cooks, having grown especially experimental with barbecues, but simply doesn’t do so for profit for the summer. The contented smiles of others are reward enough.
    Despite somewhat coming to terms with Nero, Boudica hasn’t quite forgiven the Romans for what happened to her people, and takes this opportunity to rub her success in Rome’s face. Though she contemplated stealing a triumph for herself, she felt that such extravagance would make her no better than her nemesis.
    Boudica enjoys spending time with her fellow Heroic Spirits from Britain, though she welcomes anyone that can appreciate good food and good company. Despite her enmity, she can’t bring herself to drive away even her enemies the Romans.
    After dredging her way up from obscurity, Boudica dreads falling back to disuse. As such, her wish to the Holy Grail would be to selfishly prevent this. As to the method... Another Strengthening Quest? A 5* SSR version?

Lore
    Boudica has finally prevailed in the eternal struggle of being included in the roster of Summer Servants! However, it is possible that success has gone to her head somewhat. As such, she is less stable than she usually is, and can be unreliable under certain circumstances.
    It appears that neglect of her by performance-obsessed Masters over the years has done some damage...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Doesn't FGO Berserker Vlad have basically the same concept, begrudgingly accepting his vampirism? I think all he has is Innocent Monster and the Vampirism skill outright; unique skills are always more fun to come up with.
    Berserker Vlad doesn't have Innocent Monster. That's Lancer (Extra). Berserker Vlad has Battle Continuation, Shapeshift and Bloodsucking.
    Also gonna disagree on unique skills. I tend to find them distasteful as they lower the RPG-style mechanic of the original FSN. Sure, if they are original skills that anyone can have, that's fine, but I've never liked unique skills. One of my main qualms with FGO actually.

Unless it's a crack Sheet. Then it's okay.
    Nice Boudica, sneaking in like that!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Let's hope for her eventual Victory in canon too.

Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider, Caster
    True Name: Chivalric Romance
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Medieval Folklore
    Armament: Sword, shield

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MANA: C+
    LUCK: A+

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank B: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding - Rank C: A Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills

Chivalric Distortion - Rank EX: A unique Skill allowing the user to distort Saint Graphs. However, the effects are entirely randomized, sometimes only making small cosmetic alterations to a Servant’s appearance or personality and sometimes granting them entirely new abilities.
    When Saber uses Chivalric Distortion on others, their Saint Graph is transformed to adhere more closely to a role in Chivalric Romance, whether that be a hero or a villain, with their abilities sometimes transforming to follow suit.

Bravery - Rank A+: The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    As Saber can be considered an embodiment of courage, he feels no fear.

Self-Modification - Rank B: The aptitude to remold one's own body or merge one's own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this Skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero.
    At the point of summoning, Saber takes the form of their Master’s ideal of ‘Chivalry’. For most, this causes Saber to manifest as a knight in shining armor, but in some cases, they take the role of a courtly lady, smitten with the hero that is their Master.

True Name Discernment - Rank A: A Skill where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. Normally a Ruler Class Skill.
    In a direct encounter a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities. However, this effect only activates in regards to Heroic Spirits rooted in Europe.

Noble Phantasms

Romance of the Changing Times
    Chivalric Romance

Anti-Mystery, Rank EX
    Saber’s very existence sublimated in the form of a Noble Phantasm. Chivalric Romance is an effect imposed on the battlefield of the Holy Grail War at the moment of Saber’s summoning. As the genre of chivalric romance often brought heroes and figures of old into the present day of its readers, it also served to ground more fantastic elements of their legends and adventures into a more realistic setting. As such, Chivalric Romance can be considered to be a Noble Phantasm representing the degradation of Mystery over time.
    Chivalric Romance alters the workings of the Holy Grail War by placing a strict limit on Mystery itself. Older and more powerful Mysteries are downgraded to a more mundane level. Fairies and monsters become, essentially, simply mages and particularly ferocious beasts, and these are further downgraded into ordinary people. In addition, magecraft and even Magic triggered in the battlefield is significantly weakened. However, even a power such as this cannot truly touch existences on the level of Noble Phantasms, and they remain mostly unaffected outside of slight weakening. Mysteries hailing from the 12th century onwards, however, are unaffected.
    The effect of Chivalric Romance waxes and wanes depending on Saber’s proximity to those under its effect. In close contact, Mystery can be degraded to such an extent that even a Servant is reduced to merely a strong specimen of humanity rather than a living legend.
    Chivalric Romance’s effect ends automatically once Saber is removed from the battlefield. Saber’s Master can also momentarily stop Chivalric Romance from working by restricting the flow of magical energy to the degree that Saber is barely able to remain in existence.

Description
    Dislikes: Changing trends, cynicity
    Talents: Acting cliché, vanquishing evil
    Natural Enemy: Miguel de Cervantes

Saber’s true identity is Chivalric Romance, being a representation of the genre itself rather than person.

Chivalric Romance, no matter their form, is a bombastic Servant prone to theatrics and possessing an appreciation for spectacle. They are also prone to being old-fashioned and flowery in terms of speech. Due to their legend being rooted firmly in the Middle Ages, they find it difficult to adjust to modern times and changes in general. Chivalric Romance is also quite uptight about proper conduct, and expects others to follow his example rigorously. Naturally, they are prone to heroics, unfailingly polite and possess bravery beyond measure.
    Though skilled and possessing great ingenuity at times, Chivalric Romance is hampered by their thinking in terms of stories, especially when one considers said stories are old and repeated enough to be considered cliché. As such, they have a tendency to be predictable in their actions.
    Heroes among Heroic Spirits are those that Chivalric Romance considers to be his comrades-in-arms. Though they are bound to clash because of their respective duties, there is no reason to be uncivil about it. Of course, they also hate villains of all stripes with a passion, and are somewhat quick to jump into conclusions on where others fall on the hero-villain scale based on appearance and demeanour. Despite generally liking children, Chivalric Romance has an enmity with Nursery Rhyme, as her genre proved more popular than theirs in the end, especially among children, the only audience that still unironically enjoys the genre of chivalric romance.
    Towards their Master, no matter which form Chivalric Romance might take, they are unfailingly supportive of a good-hearted Master. Conversely, they are likely to immediately turn on a Master they consider to be villainous. However, there is no deeper connection shared with their Master, and they simply do as duty calls for them to do. They can be considered quite shallow in that regard.
    Chivalric Romance’s wish to the Holy Grail is for the revival of chivalric romance’s popularity as a genre. However, due to the effects of their Noble Phantasm, even the Holy Grail’s ability to grant wishes might be affected.

Lore
    Chivalric Romance is a type of prose and verse narrative that was popular in the aristocratic circles of High Medieval and Early Modern Europe. They were fantastic stories about marvel-filled adventures, often of a chivalric knight-errant portrayed as having heroic qualities, who goes on a quest. It developed further from the epics as time went on; in particular, "the emphasis on love and courtly manners distinguishes it from the chanson de geste and other kinds of epic, in which masculine military heroism predominates."
    Though there are original tales, many stories were told of such figures as the Knights of the Round Table (The Matter of Britain), the Paladins of Charlemagne (the Matter of France) and even Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great (the Matter of Rome). Naturally, these stories had a hand in shaping the modern perception of the figures featured in the stories.

Notes
    Another super-messy Noble Phantasm to join the fold. To clarify: things older than 800-900 years or so are weakened, with the degree of weakness dependent on how old they are. The older a Servant or magic, the weaker they become when Chivalric Romance is around. Magecraft and the like is all-around weakened, however, even if they’re younger than the threshold for Chivalric Romance’s effect.

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Marcus Aurelius
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Europe (2nd century)
    Armament: Staff

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: C+
    MANA: C
    LUCK: D

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank D: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills

Five Good Emperors - Rank A: A Skill that functions as a sign of one’s status as one of Rome’s Five Good Emperors, under whom Western civilization shone brighter than ever before (or, as some say, after). The user has no need of praetorian cohorts, or of countless legions to guard them, but were defended by their own good lives, the good-will of their subjects, and the attachment of the senate. An effect similar to Charisma is also granted.
    Lancer’s tenure as Emperor is one of the finest in the history of the Roman Empire. He is counted as the last of the Five Good Emperors, and is so well-regarded by posterity as to be placed above Emperors that were champions of Christianity.

Festina Lente - Rank C: “To make haste slowly”, a methodology manifested as a Skill. In other words, it could be said to mean that that which has been done well has been done quickly enough. The fruits of this meticulousness translate to being well-prepared, and this preparedness shines through in desperate situations. In such situations, a plus modifier is granted to all of the user’s actions.
    Though having borrowed the motto from an earlier Emperor, Lancer still strove to follow this ideal. Careful deliberation on one’s actions is far more important than simply causing activity.

Divinity - Rank E: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels, one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above have reached the Throne of Gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    As a deified Roman Emperor, Lancer has some aptitude as a Divine Spirit. On his death, he was immediately deified, though his humility means that Lancer consciously lowers the rank of his Divinity.

Imperial Privilege - Rank -: An ability that, due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time. In cases when the Rank is А or above, even the "burden to the body" can be acquired (such as Divinity).
    Due to pouring all of his authority as an Emperor into his Noble Phantasm, Lancer’s Imperial Privilege is considered lost. Ordinarily, his rank in this Skill would be B.

Noble Phantasms

Meditations for One’s Own Sake
    Ta Eis Heauton

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank C+
    A series of Lancer’s personal writings, outlining his personal philosophies and experiences. Though they were meant to serve as his diary of sorts, they were published centuries after his death, serving as one of the key insights to the philosophy of Stoicism. Though still bound in the form of a book, Ta Eis Heauton’s effect is slightly altered by Lancer’s current class.
    When activated, Ta Eis Heauton plunges Lancer into a deep level of concentration: the ideal manifestation of his Stoic philosophy, though focused partially for the purpose of combat. Freed from all distractions, Lancer’s acceptance of his own place in the grand scheme of things makes his actions something akin to the natural flow of the universe itself. With this, it becomes difficult to grasp the nature of Lancer’s attacks, and just as difficult to land a blow. In essence, Ta Eis Heauton vastly amplifies Lancer’s poor fighting ability to such an extent that it requires the skill of a true master to match him fully. However, this effect only lasts while he remains in a calm state. As he is not truly detached from his surroundings, mental attacks, magecraft and simple provocation can weaken him.

The Rising Pillar of One's History
    Columna Centenaria Divorum Marci

Anti-Unit, Rank D~B
    Lancer’s Noble Phantasm and the source of his designation into his current class. Due to wishing to engage in a Holy Grail War as more than a mere Caster, he has been slotted into a class more befitting an Emperor. Columna Centenaria Divorum Marci’s original form is the Column of Marcus Aurelius, a victory column celebrating Lancer’s many achievements. Spiraling around its length are depictions of his victories in battle, and as such it can be considered the manifestation of his martial legend. Its original length of 30 meters has been compressed into the shape of a stone staff, though the inscriptions running its length remain. The staff bears the literal weight of Lancer’s history and legend upon it, and can cause massive damage with its strikes, especially against targets born more recently. Due to the inscriptions running along it, Columna Centenaria Divorum Marci also leaves imprints of Lancer’s deeds on whatever it hits, spreading the Emperor’s legend.
    Columna Centenaria Divorum Marci also has a full activation, which can be used by calling its true name. Once activated, Lancer sinks his staff into the ground. Moments later, the original pillar, now massively enlarged from its original size, as if in proportion to its current shrunken state, bursts from the ground underneath Lancer’s target. Emerging at great speed, the enemy is then propelled high into the sky by Columna Centenaria Divorum Marci. It is said that this method of use originates from Medieval times, where climbing the column was popular enough for the city to start selling rights to climb it.

Description
    Dislikes: Luxury, ignorance
    Talents: Self-discipline, taking things in stride
    Natural Enemy: Commodus

Lancer’s true identity is Marcus Aurelius, the Emperor of Wisdom.

A calm-natured man, Marcus is one that has been hailed as a true Philosopher King, and wisest of Rome’s Emperors. He is stoic and serene in demeanour, and appears all but unflappable. However, his mood is generally good, as his manifestation as a Servant has freed him from having to face the petty, mean-spirited and small-minded claimants that occupied much of his time as a ruler.
    Marcus is a pillar of humanity, refusing to lie and endeavouring to be a good man no matter what he does. He is, however, also a shrewd ruler, and adept at balancing these two sides in harmony with each other. He is adamant in not straying from his principles, but is not above manipulating others for the sake of achieving success. Of course, underhanded methods, no matter their justification, plague him with guilt.
    Among Heroic Spirits, Marcus sees other moral philosophers as comrades of sorts. Though his duties as Emperor left him unable to indulge his more philosophical side except in private, he would very much like to use the opportunity granted by his summoning to engage with like-minded individuals. As a champion of morality and life as a good person, he cannot stand those that would knowingly choose evil, and stands against them resolutely. Due to the kind of lives they led, he generally has a poor relationship with his fellow Emperors.
    As his opinion on the duty of an Emperor was to be a servant of the people, he sees nothing out of the ordinary in serving a Master. In fact, the role is far simpler and less taxing on his nerves than ruling Rome, and as such he takes to it with relish. Though he does not approve of the luxury that most high-class mages wallow in, he will do his best to gently reprimand and educate his Master while he serves them as a Heroic Spirit. Naturally, he will refuse to serve an evil Master.
    Marcus’ wish to the Holy Grail is to allow a chance for enlightenment for all of humanity. He is not so arrogant as to try and impose his way of thinking on others, nor does he believe that all would appreciate the result of his wish. Thus, he sees it best to simply wish for an opportunity for others to achieve enlightenment.

Lore
    Marcus Annius Aurelius was born into an established Roman family, but not the royal lineage. From these beginnings, it would seem a remote possibility that he would one day become Emperor of the Roman Empire, let alone one of the most famous Roman Emperors.
    When the Roman Emperor Hadrian was nearing his death, he was forced to pick a successor. Lacking children of his own, he picked Lucius Ceionius, who unexpectedly died before Hadrian. Hadrian’s second choice was a senator, Antoninus Pius. Pius was also childless and adopted both Lucius Verus and Marcus Aurelius, whose name changed to Marcus Aurelius Antoninus.
    When Hadrian died, Antoninus assumed command. The education of Marcus and Lucius took on a new urgency, as they were next in line. Marcus studied under renowned Athenian rhetorician Herodes Atticus as well as Marcus Fronto. When Antoninus died in 161, Marcus and Lucius assumed the roles of co-Emperors. Lucius would die in 169, leaving Marcus the sole Emperor from 169–180.
    Marcus’s rule was not an easy period for the Roman Republic. The last years of Pius saw the empire attacked on all sides. The Parthian war lasted from 161–166. While the Romans won the war, they brought back a plague which would eventually kill 5 million people. The Gauls were attacking the northern Roman border, both in Gaul and across the Danube. If this wasn’t enough to deal with, Christianity was rising and assuming increasing political power.
    The last of the Five Good Emperors, Marcus Aurelius is a reminder that despite the saying that “absolute power corrupts absolutely,” that is not always the case. At the time of his death, he was one of the most powerful people on earth. He could have had anything he wanted, and few, if any, would dare challenge him on anything. And yet he proved himself deserving of the power he held. Under Marcus Aurelius, the empire was guided by virtue and wisdom.
    When Marcus Aurelius died and his successor, Commodus, took his place, the Roman world began a decline that it would never recover from. His extraordinary wisdom is among the most valuable we can study.

Notes
    Not entirely sold on Ta Eis Heauton as a Noble Phantasm, but I felt I had to pay lip service to his philosophical contributions. Essentially, it turns him into a Jedi in terms of combat potential and skill.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; August 7th, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Summer Lancer:

Appearance:

True Name: Deianira

Alignment: Neutral Good

Alternate Classes
    : Rider, Assassin

Strength- B
    Agility- A
    Endurance- B
    Mana- C++
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Personality
    Summer Deianira acts mostly like her usual self. She's cheerful, energetic and loves all kinds of athletic activities. But the arrival of the summer sun and plethora of attractive men in swimwear that accompany it has awakened a more girly side in Lancer. Though she won't admit it, Lancer can't help but glance admiringly at the variety of chiselled abs and athletic toned arms on display. She's also unconsciously grown more open-minded towards men, making her more approachable than usual.

On the other hand, being around so many busty bikini-clad babes has made Lancer more insecure in her small cup size. "Those boobs practically bounce up and down every time you walk. How the hell am I supposed to compete with that? ...I mean, not like I care about what boys think or anything."

Even when relaxing on the beach Lancer is still just as competitive as ever. She takes beachside sports incredibly seriously. A simple game of volleyball with her would end up becoming a clash of heroic proportions. Since it's all in good fun though, she takes losing in good spirits. After all, there's always tomorrow for a rematch!

Likes: having fun, competitions, checking out boys (won't admit it)
    Dislikes: oversized melons, bulls, pervy old men
    Talent: all kinds of beachside sports
    Natural Enemy: Achelous

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- D

Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank only Single-Action spells are negated. Equivalent to an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Beach Wildflower- C
    The tomboy-like disposition of someone who can attract attention from the opposite sex without even caring about such things (at least, so she says). The sight of Lancer exercising in her sporty bikini can't help but draw gazes from men. That said, is the attention really so unwanted?

"I-it's not like I want you to stare at me or anything! B-but if you can't help but look than I guess that's fine..."

Affection Of The Water God- B
    An infatuation of the river god Achelous who tried to wed Lancer in her youth. Even after being rejected and driven off by Heracles, his affections for Lancer still linger. The sight of Lancer showing off her body in a swimsuit has once again caught the eye of the lovestruck god watching from the waterside, who lends her his (unwanted) blessing.

Whenever Lancer is attacked, a jet-like tendril of water may randomly shoot out at the assailant from somewhere around her. Similar jets may also erupt to propel Lancer forcibly away from dangerous situations. This basically emulates an equal rank in the Mana Burst (Water) Skill, albeit not under Lancer's direct control. Given her proud and competitive personality, Lancer doesn't exactly approve of Achelous's attempts to "protect" her from danger she could easily handle herself.

"Geez, that water-logged old fart is way too clingy. When'll he get the idea I'm just not interested in him?"

Talented In Every Field (Beach)- A
    Lancer's wide-reaching talent for martial arts, repurposed to having fun at the beach. Diving, beach volleyball, watermelon-splitting, she excels at everything athletic. An unrivalled tomboy princess of the beach. The one thing Lancer lacks is "a certain something" in the chest department, much to her chagrin.

"Hey, what was that comment about? I'll freaking kill you!"

Noble Phantasm
    Doratos Cornucopia
    Spear Of Unending Plenty

Type: Anti-Team

A horn broken off from the river god Achelous who tried to claim Lancer as his bride. To better reflect her tomboy image Lancer has refashioned the horn into a spear. Even so, its attribute as a symbol of prosperity remains, nourishing Lancer with an unlimited supply of magical energy as long as she wields it. In practice this grants her the Independent Action Skill at rank A+. This Noble Phantasm can also generate endless amounts of delicious and hearty meals by drawing them from a hollow pocket inside the spear.

Normally these would be things like fruits, nuts and grains, but as if responding to the festive atmosphere modern beachside snacks like ice cream, freshly roasted hotdogs and ice-cold lemonade are generously provided instead. Eating any of the treats produced by this Noble Phantasm will, in addition to nourishing the body, also refresh the mind and recharge the target's magical energy. Perfect for keeping cool and refreshed on the beach.

Normally that would be all this Noble Phantasm can do, but Lancer has devised an offensive technique utilizing the spear. By channelling her magical energy through this Noble Phantasm and pointing it at the enemy, the spear folds in on itself, transforming into a cannon that spews forth a deluge of yummy projectiles at the opponent. Though meant to nourish rather than harm, the sheer volume of delicacies can easily end up burying opponents. Originally a technique made for delivering food to vast areas at once, Lancer has adapted it into something that can only be called "an all-out prosperity cannon".

Lancer has named this technique
    Overlimit Cornucopia
    Calamitous Cannon Of Prosperity
    . Calling it out isn't necessary to invoke this Noble Phantasm, she just does it to sound cool.

Much to Lancer's frustration, the "bounty" provided by this Noble Phantasm doesn't extend to increasing her chest size. "No fair! If it worked for that other heroine wielding a fancy spear, why not me?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, since cooldownnow said my Rider Deianira sounded like a summer Servant I got inspired to write up a summer version of her. Obviously this came out a lot quicker than the other one, but I still had fun writing it. Of course, because water is involved, it makes sense the aspect of herself as Achelous's bride would be emphasized, helping set her apart from her normal self.

As usual, comments and criticisms would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

Blog Entries
    Deianira Summer: Oh god this is great. Affection of the water god is one of my favorite skills ever just imagining achelous being stupidly over protective like when she’s playing volleyball to slap the ball away from her. The Noble Phantasm is also interesting making me think about Santa Lily just slamming her opponents under a million presents. I’ve also just fallen in love with Deianira and might just pester you in a few months to make a Santa version.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

Appearance:

(With one horn broken off at the base)

Soundtrack: Sky Aquarium, English cover by Nano

True Name: Achelous

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker

Strength- B
    Agility- A
    Endurance- D
    Mana- A
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

History
    Archer is Achelous, god of the greatest river in Greece. Sometimes she was worshipped as a god of freshwater in general. As she was born from Niobe's tears over losing her husband, the desire for 'a mate' and companionship is deeply engrained into Achelous. Unfortunately, because people feared her for her horns, Achelous never managed to encounter a suitable mate. Loneliness was her default state, and over time Achelous grew used to it, but she still longed for something more.

One day the beautiful princess Deianira was bathing in Achelous' namesake river. Achelous fell in love with her at first sight, and immediately approached Deianira to befriend her. Unfortunately, her attempt at shapeshifting to impress Deianira with how cool she looked ended up scaring the princess away, convinced Achelous was a terrible monster out to kidnap and do unspeakable things to her. The demigod hero Heracles ended up hearing of Deianira's plight and intervening, challenging Achelous to a wrestling match for the princess' honor.

Achelous tried to explain the situation but Heracles wouldn't listen and attacked her. They fought vigorously, with Achelous assuming a variety of different shapes to try and escape the hero's grip. But ultimately Heracles won and managed to wrench off one of Achelous' horns. With a cry of pain and nursing her broken horn, Achelous ran off in tears. For Heracles and Deianira, that's where her story ended, having never found out the truth behind the misunderstood goddess.

Maybe, summoned into the Grail War, Achelous will be able to finally arrive at the companionship she seeks?

As for why this Archer is female despite Achelous being recorded as a male god in history, an answer can be found in the perpetually fluid and changing nature of water. Water can become anything, hot and cold, solid and liquid, as gentle as a drizzling rain or as savage as a raging wave. So it's hardly surprising that a god of water might manifest in a female body...

Personality
    A shy and insecure young girl, well aware of how her inhuman appearance scares off others. She genuinely wants to make friends, but a combination of her monstrous features and lack of common sense mean her intentions are almost always misunderstood as something nefarious.

Due to that, Archer is very clingy and touchy-feely towards what few friends she does manage to make. In particular, she loves girls with big chest, and will often try to feel up her female companions' breasts on the pretext of 'skinship'. Archer innocently doesn't understand why anyone could be put off by her advances. "After all, it's normal for friends to want to get closer to each other, right?"

Because of trauma from her defeat by Heracles, Archer has an irrational fear of muscular men. Whenever she sees one Archer will act comically terrified, sometimes even trying to hide behind her own Master. She also claims to be able to sense muscular men at a distance without being able to physically see them, though it's unclear if this is really true or just one of her eccentricities.

Incidentally, her broken horn is a sore spot for Archer, so please don't tease her about it.

Attitude to her Master
    Archer would at first be distant and withdrawn towards her Master since she's afraid of scaring them off. But once her Master shows that they accept her for who she is and won't judge her by her monstrous appearance, Archer becomes very open and affectionate towards them. She'll often greet her Master with enthusiastic tackle-hugs or hold their hand in public, acting like a lovey-dovey monster girlfriend. Though Archer is mainly attracted to other girls, she's open to falling in love with a man too. Really, she could fall in love with almost anyone who shows her the kindness and acceptance she was missing in life.

Of course, if Archer has a cute female Master she'll be always trying to find excuses to playfully fondle their bodies. Surprise shared baths, comparing cup sizes, the works.

Wish on the Holy Grail
    For another chance to meet with her beloved Deianira, hoping to make amends for how she accidentally scared the princess away in the past. Even though she's content with merely admiring Deianira from afar, it still pains Archer to think that the person she cares about most considers her a monster. Thus she hopes for a second chance to clear up the misunderstandings of the past.

Dislikes: muscleheads, dry skin, people who judge by appearance
    Talents: acting scary without meaning to, 'skinship'
    Natural Enemy: Heracles

Class Skills:

Independent Action- A
    The ability to sustain oneself in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can linger in the World for up to a week in the absense of an active contract.

As the Cornucopia, a symbol of abundance, was created from her horn, Archer has a high rank in this Skill.

Magic Resistance- C+
    Confers protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are cancelled. Cannot cope against the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

Due to another Skill of Archer's, complete invulnerability is conferred against water-elemental spells.

Personal Skills:

Goddess Divine Core- B
    Expresses that one is a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that includes Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference and prevents the body from unwanted growth or change no matter how many calories are ingested. As a powerful water deity widely revered across Greece, Archer has a high rank in this Skill.

Sovereign Of Water Spirits- EX

A fragment of Archer's original authority as the chief water god of Greece. Archer can fully command a medium sized amount of water (roughly equivalent to a large swimming pool). When in freshwater Archer gains a rank-up to all parameters and her health and magical energy are slowly restored as long as she remains immersed. Water-based attacks are unable to harm Archer, and in fact will heal her in proportion to the damage that would've been dealt.

Shapeshift- B
    The ability to magically alter one's shape. Being a personification of the ever-flowing rivers, Archer's body is just as fluid and malleable as her namesake element. She can transform herself into a raging bull to charge down enemies, or a writhing serpent to slip out of the way of attacks. However, Archer can only maintain these transformations by concentrating, and a sharp blow will jolt her back to her original form.

Also, after accidentally scaring off her beloved princess Deianira with her shapeshifting, Archer is somewhat self-conscious about using this Skill.

"Do I... look like a monster to you?"

Noble Phantasm
    Akheloios Pankosmios
    All Water Runs Through Me

Type: Anti-Army

This Noble Phantasm is the materialized concept that all the rivers in the world are Archer's "sinews". Much like Gilgamesh owns all the treasures of the world, Archer possesses all the rivers in the world as part of herself. Archer can weaponize this by opening portals leading to the rivers and shooting them out at the enemy as watery beams. The size of the portal determines the power and precision of the blast. A big portal would only release a harmless spray, while a small portal can expel concentrated jets that carve through steel like cardboard.

When Archer invokes this Noble Phantasm's true name, countless spirallng streams of water will gather around her, weaving together like sinews to form a giant humanoid figure. This is a recreation of Archer's true divine body, which is all the waters of the world itself. Being the embodiment of all the world's water, this water-giant is immensely dense for its volume (roughly the size of a two-story house), far more so than ordinary water. Being immersed in it would crush a normal human instantly. Heroic Spirits could bear the pressure for longer, but even they'd suffer constant heavy damage as long as they stay trapped inside.

Archer herself is floating inside the giant's chest area, able to command it from within. Its default form is that of a huge bearded old man with bull horns, but Archer can also reform its amorphous body into other shapes like a monstrous bull or serpent of similarly gigantic size. Being made of water, the giant can easily reform itself when attacked, making it hard to truly hurt Archer in this form. However, it's still water, so fire-based attacks of sufficient magnitude can force its body to evaporate and weaken it that way. A strong enough attack could also pierce straight through the water-armor and hit Archer directly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a remake of the old Achelous Servant I wrote up way back on the old thread. I still liked the idea behind her, but I don't think I did justice to her at the time. And I already reused the Cornucopia for summer Deianira's NP, so I decided that Achelous is an Archer this time around because she shoots literal rivers at people. Hey, it's no less silly than some of the Class reasoning we've seen in canon...

As always, comments and critiques would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; September 2nd, 2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Fleshed out personality a bit

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Achelous: So she fights by firing beams of water, if I'm understanding her designation as Archer properly (or at least can do so). Or is that something that only happens while her NP is active?
    I think the NP forming a giant figure is quite a flavorful interpretation of the world's rivers being her sinews, as is said in the myths.
    As always I'm not too fond of genderbends just for the sake of them, but at least in her case it seems to make her slightly more interesting.
    As a side note, Sovereignty of Water Spirits sounds a bit wonky (the Skill's name, not the effect). Sovereignty over Water Spirits would work better, or maybe Sovereign of Water Spirits.
    On the note of her personality, her dislike of musclebound men makes me wonder how the mythological encounter with Theseus (who one would assume is quite brawny) went, considering that Achelous is said to have entertained him as a guest at some point. Judging by Theseus' interactions with Asterios, he isn't one to judge based on appearance either.

Also, I'd appreciate some kind of comments too, mostly on me latest two sheets. I don't think they're as successful as they could've been, but...
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; August 7th, 2019 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Achelous: So she fights by firing beams of water, if I'm understanding her designation as Archer properly (or at least can do so). Or is that something that only happens while her NP is active?
    I think the NP forming a giant figure is quite a flavorful interpretation of the world's rivers being her sinews, as is said in the myths.
    As always I'm not too fond of genderbends just for the sake of them, but at least in her case it seems to make her slightly more interesting.
    As a side note, Sovereignty of Water Spirits sounds a bit wonky (the Skill's name, not the effect). Sovereignty over Water Spirits would work better, or maybe Sovereign of Water Spirits.
    On the note of her personality, her dislike of musclebound men makes me wonder how the mythological encounter with Theseus (who one would assume is quite brawny) went, considering that Achelous is said to have entertained him as a guest at some point. Judging by Theseus' interactions with Asterios, he isn't one to judge based on appearance either.

Also, I'd appreciate some kind of comments too, mostly on me latest two sheets. I don't think they're as successful as they could've been, but...
    Yeah, that's right. The water beam ability of her NP is constantly active, and invoking the true name seals it in favor of the giant summon. Speaking of said water giant, I'm glad you liked my interpretation of that part of Achelous' legend. I already fixed the name of her Sovereignty Of Water Spirits Skill by changing it to your second suggestion. Thanks for that. Now that you mention, I portrayed Theseus as an androgynous pretty boy a la Astolfo, so it works quite well that Achelous would get along with him regardless of her dislike of burly men. Funny how well that dovetailed together without me even thinking of it.

Your last two sheets have been quite good. Chivalric Romance would get along like butter on toast with my Don Quixote Servant. For their NP, I never would've thought of "Chivalry = making things more realistic", but you explained the concept enough to be plausible. Aurelius is also a well done Servant. As a big fan of Servant sheets based on philosophical figures, I'm pretty much obligated to give this guy a thumbs-up. His first NP making him basically a Jedi like you said is kind of funny, but it fits and you're right that he needed some NP or Skill based on his stoical philosophy.

Out of curiosity, how do you think your Aurelius would get along with my Commodus Servant?

Blog Entries
    Update: If anyone cares, I just added a section to Achelous' personality section outlining her attitude to her Master and also gave her a soundtrack from my fav singer Nano.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you think your Aurelius would get along with my Commodus Servant?
    Their relationship probably wouldn't be rosy, to say the least. Commodus appears more or less solely responsible for kickstarting Rome's downward spiral after the Five Good Emperors, so its likely Marcus would see her as an abject failure in all respects.

Blog Entries
    "Everything will eventually fade, so instead of slowly rotting away don't you think it's better to go out brilliantly in a blaze of passion? Let me lovingly attend to your final moments, Master."

Servant Assassin Alter:

Appearance
    :

True Name: Deianira

Alignment
    : Neutral Evil

Alternate Classes: Lancer, Rider

Strength- D+
    Agility- C
    Endurance- B+
    Mana- B
    Luck- E
    NP- A

Personality
    Normally Deianira in the Assassin Class would be a sullen and bitter woman, burdened by guilt for accidentally killing her beloved husband. But upon being tainted by the Grail's mud and feeling firsthand every moment of agony Heracles felt as he perished on the fire, Deianira's already fragile mind snapped entirely.

Now rather than regretting her actions Assassin has embraced them. Instead of morose and penitent, her demeanour has become cruel, haughty and unabashedly sensual. Assassin follows a twisted philosophy of wanting to see the things she loves most burn away beautifully, likening to a supernova that blazes brightest before being extinguished. The more Assassin loves something the more she wants to destroy it, considering destruction and anguish the culmination of her love. Assassin applies this philosophy to herself as well, revelling in the pain inflicted on her in battle as it brings her closer to the longed-for climax of destruction.

Assassin accepts her role as the villain of Heracles' story, recognizing that she's someone meant to earn mankind's hatred and enmity. But even a villain has their part to play in the tragedy called life, and Assassin intends to dance out her part beautifully until every last drop of her being is razed to ashes.

Ultimately Assassin embracing the status of a villain is just another way to cope with her crushing guilt. Deep down, she hates herself for what she's become. Her enjoyment of her own evilness is just an act, and she's a hollow person on the inside. Assassin's greatest wish is to be able to go back to the innocent peaceful days when she was racing chariots and sparring with her friends.

Attitude to her Master
    Assassin sees her Master as just one of the many humans she seeks to grant her "love" to. If her Master is a cowardly and weak-minded person Assassin will be cold and apathetic to them, deeming them unworthy of her love.

But if her Master is a proud and strong-willed man like her beloved Heracles Assassin will show him the full depths of her twisted passion. She'll toy with her Master mentally, trying to convince him to abandon his ideals and embrace her philosophy. The more her Master resists her advances, the more intensely she desires to claim him. Ultimately, if her Master proved weak-willed enough to actually succumb to her temptings, Assassin would get bored with him and quickly toss him aside. The fire in her heart only burns most dazzlingly for that which it can never consume.

Wish on the Holy Grail
    Assassin claims to have no wish on the Grail, being satisfied just to indulge herself by dragging more great heroes to ruin. However, fallen as she is, Assassin's true desire is an altruistic one born from her original self before succumbing to the Grail's corruption. She wishes to erase herself from history as Heracles' wife. Maybe, if Heracles had never met her, he could've found true happiness with another woman.

And then, she could finally be purified of that horrid guilt that haunts her every waking moment...

Likes: seeing things burn brightly and be extinguished, strong men who never give in to her
    Dislikes: drawn out endings, weak-willed men
    Talent: self destruction
    Natural Enemy: Heracles, her other self

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment- E

The talent to cut off one's presence as a Servant. However, the level of concealment drops sharply the moment one prepares to attack. Normally Assassin would have a decent rank in this Skill. But upon her descent into an Alter, she's chosen to flaunt her guilt without even trying to hide herself. This the Skill's rank has been diluted considerably. Now Assassin only possesses a bare minumum degree of concealment as a vestige of her Class Container.

Personal Skills:

Hero Destroyer- EX

Having embraced her role as Heracles' murderer, Assassin possesses this Skill at its full EX-rank.

Mental Pollution- B

Possession of a distorted mentality that affords protection from mental interference based Magecraft. However as a consequence, it becomes difficult to empathize with others not similarly twisted. As a way to cope with her role in Heracles' death, Assassin has come to convince herself that love and destruction are one and the same.

Envenomed Shirt Of Betrayal- C

The famous shirt of Nessus Assassin would normally possess as a Noble Phantasm. Upon her corruption into an Alter it has been modified into a Personal Skill. The shirt of betrayal appears burnt into Assassin's skin, serving as a self-acknowledgement of her guilt. Its venom seeps into her body and flows through her veins like blood.

Assassin can channel the venom within her into a poison-elemental Mana Burst, coating her body in violet sulphurous flames that burn the enemy while poisoning them. Doing this damages Assassin's own body along with the opponent, but she doesn't mind. After all, this too is an expression of her "love".

The potent venom coursing through Assassin's body also serves to overwhelm any weaker poison attacking her. This makes her effectively immune to any poisons ranked C or lower.

Golden Rule (Body)- B
    One of the most beautiful princesses in Greece, her charms ensnared the great hero Heracles. Even if that beauty invites naught but ruination to those she fancies...

Noble Phantasm
    Ekstasi Apotefrosi
    Bonfire Of Love And Betrayal

Type: Anti-Unit

"Burn brilliantly and become ashes, for that itself is passion."

A Noble Phantasm recreating Assassin's role in the demise of Heracles. The funeral pyre that consumed the great hero's life, manifested into a Noble Phantasm that entwines the intense love and spite Assassin poured into the act. Normally Assassin's Noble Phantasm would be only usable through trickery, but upon her conversion into an Alter it has taken on a more direct offensive form. Upon invocation Assassin embraces the target and kisses them passionately. As she does so a bonfire of venomous flames erupts around Assassin, converging on and engulfing both her and the opponent. This Noble Phantasm deals heavy poison and burning damage to the target.

Assassin doesn't take physical damage from the firestorm, but she does feel the same pain as the opponent. A normal human would be driven mad by the agony even if they survived, but Assassin actually rejoices in it. After all, to burn beautifully to ashes along with someone she loves is truly Assassin's deepest craving and fantasy.

The poison of Nessus burnt through Heracles' body despite the numerous blessings he received from the gods. As such this Noble Phantasm has the unique property of burning away any divine blessings the target has that could protect them from the flames. Any divine blessing below the level of an A-rank Noble Phantasm is completely burnt away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's a Deianira Alter to compliment my last two sheets of her. After writing up a lot of cute and fluffy Servants lately, I decided to go with a thoroughly edgy and messed up one instead. I was planning on taking a break from Deianira before writing the last one in the "series", but a PM from Koga inspired me and I threw her together over last night and today. As always, comments and critiques would be welcome. Thanks for reading!

Blog Entries
    That NP is really cool! Also, nice salazzle gijinka FC.

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    That NP is really cool! Also, nice salazzle gijinka FC.
    Thanks! I didn't even know what the FC was of, honestly. I just picked it because it looked cool and fit my image of her character.