Page 454 of 782 FirstFirst ... 354404444449452453454455456459464504554 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

She has higher stats than Cu Chulainn despite having an average master? Why does she have Bravery and Eternal Arms Mastery?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why give Eternal Arms Mastery to someone who doesn't have any mental inference affecting them?

A lot of the Skills feel like they just pad out the profile. Frankly, she doesn't feel very special.

Just feels like some chick with a spear.

Name: Balian d’Ibelin
    Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Rider

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C+
    Mana: D
    Luck: D

Background:
    Spoiler:

Born the third son of a Frankish Knight, Balian inherited lordship of Ibelin from his elder brother and would participate in numerous battles in the service of Baldwin IV in the Second Crusade. After Baldwin IV’s death, Balian became an advisor to the regent Guy of Lusignan, with whom Balian had a tempestuous relationship. In all of Balian’s services in the Crusades, the one he is most known for is the Defence of Jerusalem. When the Muslim armies marched on Jerusalem, Balian broke an oath he had made to Saladin to abandon the Holy City at the behest of the townspeople. He and a handful of men remained to defend Jerusalem from the armies of Saladin and as such, Balian became the de facto Lord of Jerusalem. Saladin himself treated with Balian as if he held the same authorities as a King. But when it became clear that Jerusalem was lost, Balian surrendered and did his utmost to ensure that the Christians of Jerusalem would not be sold into slavery.

After the Second Crusade, Balian was instrumental in the ascendance of Conrad of Montferrat to King. Balian’s step-daughter Princess Isabella was the rightful sovereign and, with her divorce to Humphreys IV of Toron, Isabella was free to wed Conrad. But to Balian’s shame, Conrad was assassinated only days after his kingship was assured via election. Balian would then become advisor to Isabella’s next husband, Henry II of Champagne, and in the Third Crusade commanded Richard the Lionheart’s rearguard at the Battle of Jaffa. Balian was present for the Treaty of Ramla, which seceded Balian’s land Ibelin to Saladin. In recompense, Saladin provided Balian with the castle of Caymont and five other sites near Acre.

Class Skills:

Magic ResistanceB

RidingB+

Personal Skills:

CharismaB
    Acknowledged as the de facto Lord of Jerusalem and as a ‘King’ by Saladin, as well as being an influential politician, Balian has B-ranked Charisma.
    Protection of the Faith - D-
    Whatever the absoluteness of Balian’s faith in God and the mission of the Crusades has been injured due to the slander of several attacks of rival lords who published several remarks on his wickedness.

Guardian Knight - A+
    Balian held Jerusalem for months with a force of dozens versus the armies of Saladin, which counted in the thousands. Balian earns a Rank Up in Endurance and Strength when protecting another in combat.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Accolade dans Jerusalem Kneel, and rise a KnightC+
    Support
    As Saladin’s armies marched on Jerusalem, Balian d’Ibelin turned servants and stable-hands into Knights and Defenders of Jerusalem. As a Servant, Balian retains these authorities in the form of a Noble Phantasm that allows him to bestow chosen individuals with Accolade dans Jerusalem. In effect, this Noble Phantasm can transform normal humans into minor Heroic Spirits, similar to those found within Iskander’s Ionioi Hetairoi, and boosts their natural endurance and strength. On Servants, Accolade dans Jerusalem boosts their endurance and strength up two ranks, but has no effect on the three Knight classes.

Défenseur de JérusalemEndurance of the SiegeA
    Bounded Field
    Balian d’Ibelin commanded the defence of Jerusalem with a handful of men against Saladin’s armies of thousands. Balian withstood the attacks for months before he surrendered, and this Noble Phantasm is a recreation of that. Défenseur de Jérusalem establishes a bounded-field in which all Servants other than Balian suffer a Rank Down in their two highest stats and their highest Class Skill. Défenseur de Jérusalem cannot be penetrated with projectiles that rank below B+. However, Balian cannot hold Défenseur de Jérusalem underneath a concentrated attack for an extensive period of time.

---

So, that was my first post, and my little experiment with a defensive-based melee Servant. Has someone not done a Baldwin IV Servant yet? Because the Leper King is too cool of a title to pass up, really.
    Last edited by Oddric; August 2nd, 2014 at 07:55 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Someone's been watching Kingdom of Heaven, by the way, the Siege of Jerusalem lasted not even 2 weeks, pitifully short for a medieval siege of a capital.

Oh, and welcome to Beast's Lair.
    Last edited by Petrikow; August 2nd, 2014 at 08:38 PM.

Ha, yeah. Was cruising around youtube trailers and plunked it out. And yeah, seems I had some bad information on that one. Info page read it out as "held through September" instead of "held through to September". Was thinking of doing a more in-depth profile with John Dee as a Caster.

Thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by Oddric; August 2nd, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Why give Eternal Arms Mastery to someone who doesn't have any mental inference affecting them?

A lot of the Skills feel like they just pad out the profile. Frankly, she doesn't feel very special.

Just feels like some chick with a spear.
    I actually wants to make her exactly a chick with a spear. Albeit a strong one.

Wait, Eternal Arms Mastery is only for those with mental interference? I though all those whose martial prowess reach its peak could have them. So it's a Berserker's class only?

All the skill I gave her was strictly taken from her characteristic and background, actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    She has higher stats than Cu Chulainn despite having an average master? Why does she have Bravery and Eternal Arms Mastery?
    I thought that when Cu Culainn change Master from Bazett to Kirei, his stat got lower and since the Master for Penthesilea is at least a proper magus, she'll have a wee bit higher stat. Is it too high?

Well, Penthesilea charges in the Trojan War in either confidence or suicidal manner, and managed to get away with it, so I believe it qualifies as Bravery. Also, Eternal Arms Mastership is there because in her life she is not only a spear user, but could use all manners of weapon proficiently. Unless EAM is truly only for those with mental interference?

Actually, all these written I have already written in the background.

EDIT: downed the rank for LCK and AGI. I think the other stats pretty fit, though.
    Last edited by castor212; August 3rd, 2014 at 12:17 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Eternal Arms Mastership is for someone who's the best in their era to the point that even mental interference can't get in the way of their skill, not just "someone who used different weapons".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Because they might be affected by Mental Interference? It's a defensive skill. That's like asking why Cu has Protection From Arrows despite not having a move where he shoots himself with projectiles.

Though I agree that it feels like the skills are there for padding.
    Last edited by Siriel; August 3rd, 2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Eternal Arms Mastership is for someone who's the best in their era to the point that even mental interference can't get in the way of their skill, not just "someone who used different weapons".

- - - Updated - - -

Because they might be affected by Mental Interference? It's a defensive skill. That's like asking why Cu has Protection From Arrows despite not having a move where he shoots himself with projectile.

I mean, I agree that it feels like the skills look to be there for padding.
    I see. I thought that the wording "Mastership of combat arts has reached the point of being said to be unrivaled in one's era" on A+ rank means that on lower rank, it simply at the "peak" or "very great". But if "the best in era" is a requirement, then I see that I have to remove it.

I think Bravery is still acceptable though? I mean, she is one of the bravest female warrior in legend, as the most known Amazon.
    Last edited by castor212; August 3rd, 2014 at 12:21 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I thought that when Cu Culainn change Master from Bazett to Kirei, his stat got lower and since the Master for Penthesilea is at least a proper magus,
    He has less firepower under Kirei. But stat-wise Cu in Extra has the same stats as Kirei Cu and he's under a Rin. So it's not for certain the stats are higher with Bazett.

Blog Entries
    Everyone knows that in Extra you have to accumulate exp in order to raise your stats from E rank.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Everyone knows that in Extra you have to accumulate exp in order to raise your stats from E rank.
    That's just for Masters with shitty connections.

Unless Shinji grinded the hell out of Drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    He only wanted to get lucky and obtain the booty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    He has less firepower under Kirei. But stat-wise Cu in Extra has the same stats as Kirei Cu and he's under a Rin. So it's not for certain the stats are higher with Bazett.
    Hmm. Well, I've downed the status for Penthesilea, so I guess it's fine. Removed Eternal Arms Mastership too.

Though I've got to admit, the stat requirements in Extra besides for main chara's Servant felt a bit fuzzy for me.

Btw, can Circe be considered Heroic Spirit? I already have Zhuge Liang (GB) as Caster, but I remember that Fuyuki HGW must not have any Eastern Servant.

It's not that Eternal Arms Mastery is a Berserker only skill, though I question giving it to a Lancer. It's more than Bravery negates mental interference, so why are you giving her another skill that lets her keep fighting normally when under mental interference?

Circe might not quality as a Heroic Spirit since she's the daughter of a god and a nymph and is sometimes considered a goddess in her own right. She did die though, eventually, and I don't think she'd stick out too much since she's not exactly Zeus or Ares level deity.
    Last edited by Arha; August 3rd, 2014 at 01:12 AM.

Blog Entries
    Btw, can Circe be considered Heroic Spirit?
    You have writers who qualify as Caster, I don't see why someone known for her witchcraft/magic/sorcery/enchantment wouldn't.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Medea's father was the product of Helios and an fairy. Her mother was a fairy as well. She qualifies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Medea's father was the product of Helios and an fairy. Her mother was a fairy as well. She qualifies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    It's not that Eternal Arms Mastery is a Berserker only skill, though I question giving it to a Lancer. It's more than Bravery negates mental interference, so why are you giving her another skill that lets her keep fighting normally when under mental interference?

Circe might not quality as a Heroic Spirit since she's the daughter of a god and a nymph and is sometimes considered a goddess in her own right. She did die though, eventually, and I don't think she'd stick out too much since she's not exactly Zeus or Ares level deity.
    Ah, I see. Having Bravery and EMA is a bit too much. EMA is removed, and status down. Well, I did make Penthesilea's main strength to be her Noble Phantasm. That one was a bitch to make.

So, could Circe be a HS with quite high Divinity?
    Last edited by castor212; August 3rd, 2014 at 01:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Odds are, yes. Look at Karna; the guy was nigh invincible and even became a sun god on his own, and yet he's still eligible for summoning.

So, could Circe be a HS with quite high Divinity?
    I made a Circe a while back, can find a link to it a couple pages back. I gave her A-Rank Divinity, same as Herk and Karna. She was definitely the child of a god, and was worshiped as a goddess eventually, similar to how Karna and Herk became gods after death so I figured she would have comparable Divinity to them,
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Khaos View Post
    I made a Circe a while back, can find a link to it a couple pages back. I gave her A-Rank Divinity, same as Herk and Karna. She was definitely the child of a god, and was worshiped as a goddess eventually, similar to how Karna and Herk became gods after death so I figured she would have comparable Divinity to them,
    Aye, thanks man.