Page 483 of 782 FirstFirst ... 383433473478481482483484485488493533583 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

I haven't really put any stuff related to personality on my Servant profiles but after doing this sheet I am confident that Wen Shi and Psyche would be best friends.

Class:
    Caster
    Identity: Wen Shi, the Mother of Dragons

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A++
    LCK: C
    Appearance

Background

Wen Shi frequently went to the Xi River to fish and wash clothes for her family. On one such errand, she found a large
    smooth white stone along the banks of the river. She took the beautiful stone home, but later discovered that the stone
    was actually an egg, from which hatched five baby snakes. Wen Shi's family was poor, but Wen Shi saved the best food she
    had for her baby snakes and fed them by hand. As the snakes grew, they helped Wen Shi catch fish at the Xi River.
    The snakes were natural swimmers and became very good at catching fish.

The 'snakes' eventually matured into five powerful dragons. In Chinese culture, dragons are considered divine spirits of water,
    and have the power to control the weather; therefore, during a drought, Wen Shi asked her dragon children to summon rain
    for her village. The grateful villagers gave Wen Shi the name "Long Mu" (literally translated as "Mother of Dragons").

Qin Shi Huang, the Emperor of the Qin Dynasty, received word of Wen Shi and her dragons. The Emperor sent her gifts of
    gold and jade and requested her presence at Xianyang, the Imperial capital city near the Yellow River, far to the north.
    By this time, Wen Shi was an elderly woman in frail health. Her adult dragons feared for her safety and did not want her
    to travel so far from her village. They were also (correctly) suspicious that the Emperor sought to exploit the dragons
    as tools in his search for immortality. Wen Shi boarded a boat to comply with the Emperor's summons, but her dragons
    hid under the boat and dragged the boat backward so that the boat could never move outside the city. Eventually, the
    frustrated Imperial officials relented and allowed Wen Shi to remain home.

After Wen Shi died, the dragons were overwhelmed by sadness and took human form, becoming known as the Five Scholars,
    who buried her on the northern side of Zhu Mountain. Everyone who heard the story of Long Mu was touched by the filial
    devotion of the dragons. She was deified as a patron goddess of parents and children, and remains a popular deity throughout China.

Class Skills

Territory Creation (A): Creation of a Temple or a Shrine becomes possible.

Item Construction (-): As a cost for possessing a Noble Phantasm that allows summoning, this skill is lost.

Personal Skills

Divinity (C): Caster is a popular deity in China to this day as the patron of parents and children.
    Commoners and emperors alike have honored her over the centuries.

Shapeshift (D): While bound in the form of a Chinese woman, Caster has complete control over her general appearance,
    able to appear as a small child, an old woman, a plain commoner, a beautiful princess or anywhere in between.

Wu Xing (C+): Possesses knowledge of the Ancient Chinese magecraft that controls the five elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Metal and Wood.
    After obtaining divine status and due to her connection to dragonkind, she received the capability to perform it.
    Caster's primary elemental affinity is Water, due to her origins, but her skill with the other four is sufficient to match most modern mages.
    Caster fights mainly by using scrolls inscribed with calligraphy written by various Chinese Emperors.

Noble Phantasm

Long Mu~Mother of Dragons (EX, Summoning)

A white stone that must be filled with prana in order to break and summon Caster's children. The cost is immense, requiring
    at the very least five days of constant siphoning of prana from a strong leyline. In order to properly absorb prana, the stone must be
    immersed in water from the Xi River, where Caster first found it as a child. Once complete, the stone, actually an egg, breaks
    and five Chinese dragons spring forth to greet their mother. To borrow the words of a certain king, Caster's bond with them is her
    greatest treasure, and allows her to summon these five Divine Beasts. They will protect their brothers and mother with their lives,
    using numbers, magic and physical strength to eliminate any threat to their family. Though young by draconic standards, their fame
    as powerful spirits and scholars combined with Caster's fame as a goddess makes the six of them working together a nigh-unstoppable force.

In the context of Servant parameters, each of the dragons possess the following attributes:

STR: A
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: A+

Personal Skills

Magic Resistance (B): Dragons naturally possess a high degree of magic resistance.
    Even though they are young, they are capable of canceling spells three verses or shorter.

Shapeshift (C): Each dragon can assume the form of a human male, as well as control their own size in their natural form,
    anywhere from one to ten meters in length. They can also speak and understand human tongues.

Wu Xing (C++): After Caster's death, the dragons took human form and became known as the Five Scholars. Though they are all water spirits and
    can control the weather in order to produce rain and lightning, each individual has a primary elemental affinity of one of the Five Elements.

Battle Continuation(A-): Though young by draconic standards, as Divine Beasts they are very difficult to kill if they do not receive mortal wounds.
    However, they are weak to weapons and techniques that possess Anti-Dragon attributes, so Servants with these weapons can easily bypass this skill.

Independent Action (E): Though the cost of their summoning is very large, the dragons can survive on their own prana stores.
    However, they still rely on their mother to stay materialized in this world, so if Caster dies, they will disappear.

I'm bad at naming things, so I've christened the dragons as Yi-Long, Ji-Long, San-Long, Sei-Long and Wu-Long
    (which sort of roughly translates to Dragon #1, Dragon #2, Dragon #3, Dragon #4 and Dragon #5, respectively).
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 13th, 2014 at 10:49 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In the west, dragons are "monsters," but in China, DRAGONS are a god-like existence. If dragons are the strongest of the Phantasmal Species, then DRAGONS are invincible... They are creatures who have no need to fight.
    But even those DRAGONS have a defect. When the scale under their chin is touched, the DRAGON will fly into a rage and devastate the earth with their rampaging power.
    You went canto for the numbers? Any reasons why? Just wondering.

I'm not sure what you're asking?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well first your Dragons aren't Dragons they're DRAGONS so they're a lot stronger than you have them as.
    Secondly your Chinese is weird because you have things like yi, san, wu which is mando then you have ji and sei which is canto.

Oh I see. I looked up 'canto' and got references to poetry so I didn't know what the hell you were talking about. I chose different languages for different words just cause one sounded better to me than the other. Like I said, I'm bad at naming things.

I didn't make them as strong as they should be because a) I must have missed the DRAGON section of the wiki and b) I'm super cautious when it comes to possibly overwanking.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cantonese

And Mandarin, yeah. Also I made them weaker because as far as the legend goes they were around (as dragons) for less than 100 years, so they would be young and low-ranking on the relative scale of things.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Something something Grail is making copies something something not actual dragons something something fuck you that's why

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I should probably look this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nasu made a difference between Eastern and Western dragons.

In the West dragons were portrayed as big magical monsters that people sent heroes to kill. Also usually evil, or at least not very nice.

In Chinese folklore and things based off it, dragons are gods. Though there are strong and weak (lolhorse) ones along the spectrum.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; November 13th, 2014 at 03:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    He does. Hence the quoted bit from up above about Dragons and DRAGONS. Phantasmal Species vs Divine Species.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I should probably look this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nasu made a difference between Eastern and Western dragons.

In the West dragons were portrayed as big magical monsters that people sent heroes to kill. Also usually evil, or at least not very nice.

In Chinese folklore and things based off it, dragons are gods. Though there are strong and weak (lolhorse) ones along the spectrum.
    Ah, but you can divide it up further:

In Western/Northern Europe, dragons are monsters typically slain by heroes. While powerful, no technical distinction is made between them and any other nasty monster. In Eastern Europe, however, Slavic traditions have dragons specifically as the agents of Satan rather than mere monsters, and so their existence and death has a much more religious connotation than in Western Europe. Well, in Western Europe there are possible Satanic moral tones behind dragons, but it's not as important a distinction as in Slavic traditions of dragons.

Basically,

Western dragons = monsters
    Slavic dragons = Satan
    Eastern dragons = gods
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I haven't really put any stuff related to personality on my Servant profiles but after doing this sheet I am confident that Wen Shi and Psyche would be best friends.

Class:
    Caster
    Identity: Wen Shi, the Mother of Dragons

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A++
    Appearance

Background

Wen Shi frequently went to the Xi River to fish and wash clothes for her family. On one such errand, she found a large
    smooth white stone along the banks of the river. She took the beautiful stone home, but later discovered that the stone
    was actually an egg, from which hatched five baby snakes. Wen Shi's family was poor, but Wen Shi saved the best food she
    had for her baby snakes and fed them by hand. As the snakes grew, they helped Wen Shi catch fish at the Xi River.
    The snakes were natural swimmers and became very good at catching fish.

The 'snakes' eventually matured into five powerful dragons. In Chinese culture, dragons are considered divine spirits of water,
    and have the power to control the weather; therefore, during a drought, Wen Shi asked her dragon children to summon rain
    for her village. The grateful villagers gave Wen Shi the name "Long Mu" (literally translated as "Mother of Dragons").

Qin Shi Huang, the Emperor of the Qin Dynasty, received word of Wen Shi and her dragons. The Emperor sent her gifts of
    gold and jade and requested her presence at Xianyang, the Imperial capital city near the Yellow River, far to the north.
    By this time, Wen Shi was an elderly woman in frail health. Her adult dragons feared for her safety and did not want her
    to travel so far from her village. They were also (correctly) suspicious that the Emperor sought to exploit the dragons
    as tools in his search for immortality. Wen Shi boarded a boat to comply with the Emperor's summons, but her dragons
    hid under the boat and dragged the boat backward so that the boat could never move outside the city. Eventually, the
    frustrated Imperial officials relented and allowed Wen Shi to remain home.

After Wen Shi died, the dragons were overwhelmed by sadness and took human form, becoming known as the Five Scholars,
    who buried her on the northern side of Zhu Mountain. Everyone who heard the story of Long Mu was touched by the filial
    devotion of the dragons. She was deified as a patron goddess of parents and children, and remains a popular deity throughout China.

Class Skills

Territory Creation (A): Creation of a Temple or a Shrine becomes possible.

Item Construction (-): As a cost for possessing a Noble Phantasm that allows summoning, this skill is lost.

Personal Skills

Divinity (C): Caster is a popular deity in China to this day as the patron of parents and children.
    Commoners and emperors alike have honored her over the centuries.

Shapeshift (D): While bound in the form of a Chinese woman, Caster has complete control over her general appearance,
    able to appear as a small child, an old woman, a plain commoner, a beautiful princess or anywhere in between.

Wu Xing (C+): Possesses knowledge of the Ancient Chinese magecraft that controls the five elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Metal and Wood.
    After obtaining divine status and due to her connection to dragonkind, she received the capability to perform it.
    Caster's primary elemental affinity is Water, due to her origins, but her skill with the other four is sufficient to match most modern mages.
    Caster fights mainly by using scrolls inscribed with calligraphy written by various Chinese Emperors.

Noble Phantasm

Long Mu~Mother of Dragons (EX, Summoning)

A white stone that must be filled with prana in order to break and summon Caster's children. The cost is immense, requiring
    at the very least five days of constant siphoning of prana from a strong leyline. Once complete, the stone, actually an egg, breaks
    and five Chinese dragons spring forth to greet their mother. To borrow the words of a certain king, Caster's bond with them is her
    greatest treasure, and allows her to summon these five Divine Beasts. They will protect their brothers and mother with their lives,
    using numbers, magic and physical strength to eliminate any threat to their family. Though young by draconic standards, their fame
    as powerful spirits and scholars combined with Caster's fame as a goddess makes the six of them working together a nigh-unstoppable force.

In the context of Servant parameters, each of the dragons possess the following attributes:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: A+

Personal Skills

Magic Resistance (B): Dragons naturally possess a high degree of magic resistance.
    Even though they are young, they are capable of canceling spells three verses or longer.

Shapeshift (C): Each dragon can assume the form of a human male, as well as control their own size in their natural form,
    anywhere from one to ten meters in length. They can also speak and understand human tongues.

Wu Xing (C++): After Caster's death, the dragons took human form and became known as the Five Scholars. Though they are all water spirits and
    can control the weather in order to produce rain and lightning, each individual has a primary elemental affinity of one of the Five Elements.

Battle Continuation(C-): Though young by draconic standards, as Divine Beasts they are very difficult to kill if they do not receive mortal wounds.
    However, they are weak to weapons and techniques that possess Anti-Dragon attributes, so Servants with these weapons can easily bypass this skill.

Independent Action (E): Though the cost of their summoning is very large, the dragons can survive on their own prana stores.
    However, they still rely on their mother to stay materialized in this world, so if Caster dies, they will disappear.

I'm bad at naming things, so I've christened the dragons as Yi-Long, Ji-Long, San-Long, Sei-Long and Wu-Long
    (which sort of roughly translates to Dragon #1, Dragon #2, Dragon #3, Dragon #4 and Dragon #5, respectively).
    Stay hidden for 5 days and this LSBH loli would owned the game sofaking hard.

This is a very interesting concept, though I think if the NP is activated all other Servants wouldhave to join hands to battle against the dragon mother and her 5 dragons, which mean all other Servants would try to harm a loli, which is the top in my forbidden-to-do list, seconded with burning puppies alive.

(Not) joking aside, if all it took for them dragons to be independent is feeding dat eggs 5 days straight, you practically win if you hide for 5 days.

Oh wait, this is EX ranked NP.

My bad.

I still think this particular Np need to have more restrictions though. Maybe personality-wise, like Gil's King of Carelessness mode of not-using-Ea.
    Last edited by castor212; November 13th, 2014 at 07:59 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Too bad every goddamn Grail War has a fucker with a dragonslaying weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Ah, but you can divide it up further:

In Western/Northern Europe, dragons are monsters typically slain by heroes. While powerful, no technical distinction is made between them and any other nasty monster. In Eastern Europe, however, Slavic traditions have dragons specifically as the agents of Satan rather than mere monsters, and so their existence and death has a much more religious connotation than in Western Europe. Well, in Western Europe there are possible Satanic moral tones behind dragons, but it's not as important a distinction as in Slavic traditions of dragons.

Basically,

Western dragons = monsters
    Slavic dragons = Satan
    Eastern dragons = gods
    So, Western dragons would be a Phantasmal Species, Eastern Dragons would be Divine Spirits... and Slavic Dragons, demons?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; November 13th, 2014 at 11:56 AM.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by BehemothV2 View Post
    Too bad every goddamn Grail War has a fucker with a dragonslaying weapon.

So, Western dragons would be a Phantasmal Species, Eastern Dragons would be Divine Spirits... and Slavic Dragons, demons?
    A dragonslaying weapon, sure. Not a DRAGONslaying weapon, though. Just because you're good at killing silly gaijin dragons doesn't mean you can stand up to perfect beings. DRAGONS too strong.

I feel like Slavic Dragons would still be a Phantasmal Species but with that "demon" aspect to them, kind of like the Oni are.

Blog Entries
    Slavic dragons = Satan

You mean Weles in case of zmeis? Yeah, god of underworld, but like Hades generally he was not that of a bad guy. Zmeis were more of avatars of Weles incarnated in flesh than your average 'demon' of Slavic myths. Worth to note smok is also a dragon, but not with same origins like zmeis and opposed to them. Zmeis are more benevolent, if ambiguous sometimes (Alosha Popowicz, I think slayed a one).

If someone want to give Dragon attribute to some obscure Slavic Heroic Spirit, just have his father be a Zmei because serious scalie shit was going on in Slavic mythology and allegedly stronger than usual human off-spring was born from such... relationships. Add also some minor Divinity.

Speaking of draconic attributes, the thought of that craftsman's apprentice who poisoned a dragon summoned as Assassin and slipping something to Shirou's cooking amuses me. Arturia did not see that coming. (also genderbent him and give him Hisui's face, maybe).
    Last edited by Kat; November 13th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    You mean Weles in case of zmeis? Yeah, god of underworld, but like Hades generally he was not that of a bad guy. Zmeis were more of avatars of Weles incarnated in flesh than your average 'demon' of Slavic myths.
    Nah, I mean like post-Orthodox dragons and how Christian rulers kind of demonized the old pagan traditions. The old Slavic dragons were pretty cool, though, and fit sort of in their own category, I guess.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Stay hidden for 5 days and this LSBH loli would owned the game sofaking hard.

This is a very interesting concept, though I think if the NP is activated all other Servants wouldhave to join hands to battle against the dragon mother and her 5 dragons, which mean all other Servants would try to harm a loli, which is the top in my forbidden-to-do list, seconded with burning puppies alive.

(Not) joking aside, if all it took for them dragons to be independent is feeding dat eggs 5 days straight, you practically win if you hide for 5 days.

Oh wait, this is EX ranked NP.

My bad.

I still think this particular Np need to have more restrictions though. Maybe personality-wise, like Gil's King of Carelessness mode of not-using-Ea.
    Personality-wise I'd say she wouldn't harm innocents, so she'd be restricted to prana from herself, her Master and the leylines.

I just came up with a good mechanical restriction, and that's taking a leaf out of Golem Keter Malkuth and the Hanging Gardens by requiring specific materials as well as an exorbitant prana cost. In this case, it'd be water from the river where she found the egg. I'm on mobile now but I'm gonna edit that in when I get home.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 13th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    And then you get stuck when you summon her in Japan, realise you have to go over to China to get her water, but shit man, you're a fucking underage Japanese student. You don't haev a passport or anything like that, fuck dude now I gotta try to organise an express processing for the document, and then an express visa, and all the money for all of this and...

Alright, it's all done! I'm back and ready to summon my dragons and... oh, the fourteen day time limit for the Grail Ritual is up and my Caster has vanished. Fuck.

Blog Entries
    Nah, I mean like post-Orthodox dragons and how Christian rulers kind of demonized the old pagan traditions. The old Slavic dragons were pretty cool, though, and fit sort of in their own category, I guess.

OK, post-Christian dragons fit that description of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    And then you get stuck when you summon her in Japan, realise you have to go over to China to get her water, but shit man, you're a fucking underage Japanese student. You don't haev a passport or anything like that, fuck dude now I gotta try to organise an express processing for the document, and then an express visa, and all the money for all of this and...

Alright, it's all done! I'm back and ready to summon my dragons and... oh, the fourteen day time limit for the Grail Ritual is up and my Caster has vanished. Fuck.
    Well if they can manage to get 800 year old parchment and jewels or rocks from Baghdad it shouldn't be any harder. Dragons are expensive, man. The only thing that's impossible is China giving you a travel visa within 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 13th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.