Page 495 of 782 FirstFirst ... 395445485490493494495496497500505545595 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Suspected of being an Inari, aspect of vairocana, jackel myth stuff.
    Just your standard Nasu fare.
    Well yes there is that stuff, but Imperial posted right after my comment on the three/four Great Monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    There's also the fact that I don't actually recall reading a primary source in which she's explicitly a 9-tail, just referenced as a kitsune in one of the otogizoshi that we got from Kyoto U.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    There's also the fact that I don't actually recall reading a primary source in which she's explicitly a 9-tail, just referenced as a kitsune in one of the otogizoshi that we got from Kyoto U.
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%...A6%96%E6%80%AA
    good enough for japanese wikipedia, good enough for Nasu. As seen with Faceless King.

Is Japanese Wikipedia more accurate than English Wikipedia ?
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Is Japanese Wikipedia more accurate than English Wikipedia ?
    About Japanese things, sure. More detailed at least.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whats this about the Faceless King?

Is it incorrect or something like that?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ha japanese wikipedia changed that. There was speculation on it that puck from midsummer's night was related to Robin Hood. Which Nasu references with Faceless King. Guess it's common speculation these days.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%97%...A6%96%E6%80%AA
    good enough for japanese wikipedia, good enough for Nasu. As seen with Faceless King.
    I know that there are plenty of common stories out there where she's a 9-tail, but literally

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I'm not sure where you got the impression that Tamamo no Mae in myth also isn't a/the kyuubi no youko.
    my answer is "I read it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    my answer is "I read it."
    I was pretty sure she was a nine-tails and considered one of the "monstrous" ones, though? And the whole 3/4 "great monsters of Japan" is a thing, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kind of?
    Who were they again? Nurarihyon, Sutoku, Tamamo, Shuten Doji?

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

I just tend to assume that my understanding of Japanese legends is as bad as their understanding of American tall tales probably is.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Google has told me that Sutoku, Tamamo and Shuten are the Three Great Monsters

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say that Nurarihyon addition in that list is just something from that one manga where one of those is the protagonist
    Nurarihyon no Mago or something like that

The top google result is literally a gamefaqs thread for Fate/Extra, I wouldn't put too much stock
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries

Better....

But yeah, still no evidence of her being a nine-tailed fox
    Last edited by Megas; December 23rd, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I want to say that Nurarihyon addition in that list is just something from that one manga where one of those is the protagonist
    Nurarihyon no Mago or something like that
    I know what you're talking about and it might be, but I didn't write the source. Not that I remember much from where I read that anyways. Some of the wikipedia articles used to say "three great youkai", some used to say "four great youkai", and of the former, some had Nurarihyon in them and some didn't. That I recall anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries

Heres Tamamo as a 9 tailed fox

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Dagonet is a pretty cute idea, also, and not one of the Arthurian names you'd expect. Overall i like the concept, and especially the NP gimmick, though as a bit of criticism, "dissimulation" sounds a bit odd as a personal skill name, at least to me. YMMV, of course, but it stood out as a somewhat distracting name when it is basically something as simple as Disguise or something like that, lol.
    I get where you are coming from, but it is not actually THAT simple. Disguise would imply that it is only about mask one's appearance, and of course that is included as well. But it also denotes the capacity to pretend, in short to act as someone you're not. To be deceitful not only in regards the exterior (outer features), but also the interior (inner nature/personality). It cracked my head searching for a word that conveyed both these meanings and Dissimulation was the best that I managed to find.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Blog Entries
    Not going to lie, I wanted to draft this one at least 70% for imagining his awkward relationship with his Koha-Ace liege. "My little daimyo can't be this cute" etc.

Class:
    Saber
    True Name: Mori Ranmaru
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Statistics:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: C+
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

​Faceclaim:
    Spoiler:

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance
    Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, but cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Not having any Magic Resistance in life, Saber's rank is extremely low and unbecoming of the Saber class. However, while slight compared to his lord's, having followed in her footsteps, he receives a modest boost against mystery that better qualifies him as a Saber.

Riding
    The expertise to ride animals and vehicles. As Nobunaga's page, most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Bravery
    The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. When defending his master or others from harm, his resolve may have the bonus effect of increasing melee damage as well.

Guardian Knight
    A skill that temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others. Reknowned for the loyalty and dedication that allowed him to repel all invaders while Nobunaga carried out her seppuku rites, it can be said that Saber only qualifies as "Saber" while in the act of defending those he has sworn to protect.

Noble Phantasms:
    Kyoukai no Kikyou - Bellflowers under Heaven
    Type: Anti-Army
    The primary Noble Phantasm of the young page who spent his life defending his lord's right to take her own life rather than yield to her enemies, Saber is able to absolutely defend places of his choosing, setting forth ironclad walls that are directly connected to his spiritual core as a Servant. Boundaries placed by this Noble Phantasm take the form of intangible violet walls, visible only to those with a connection to the Grail, and decorated with a bellflower insignia. As long as Saber is still alive, walls set forth by this Noble Phantasm cannot be broken, but they are automatically dispelled in the event of his death. Anyone Saber recognizes as an ally or his lord may pass freely through his boundary, but Saber himself is forbidden to cross - it is by its very nature a nearly absolute defense that he may only protect from outside.

The prana upkeep of this Noble Phantasm rises as its boundaries are expanded, but when not directly under siege, the cost is minimal at worst. The cost rises while the boundaries are under attack, but thanks to the legend of Saber's defensive prowess, the defensive power of this Noble Phantasm is greatly multiplied over the actual prana expenditure, making it an efficient defense against nearly any attack. The maximum space able to be protected by this Noble Phantasm is the circumference of a castle.

Hotarubi no Mori - Final Task of Cremation
    Type: Anti-Army
    A Noble Phantasm that may only be invoked with Saber's death as the activation requirement. A conceptual weapon that crystallizes the burning of Honnou-ji at Ranmaru's hands on the request of his lord when she feared allowing enemies to claim her head, this attack reduces Saber's spiritual essence to a raging inferno akin to the demon king's own hellfire. By becoming a tempest that engulfs all around Saber, he attempts to purge indiscriminately the enemy who took his life before they reach those he has sworn fealty to.

In death, this Noble Phantasm is the heroic spirit Mori Ranmaru himself, burning out the last of his life, converting his gentle spirit from a gathering of fireflies into intense flames in absolute devotion to the memory of the woman who inspired him and whatever summoner allowed him a second chance to help pursue her wish. Use of this Noble Phantasm extinguishes his vessel as a Heroic Spirit, ending his pursuit of the Grail in failure, but attempting to save his master at least one more time.
    Bonus point: All Noble Phantasms named after yaoi or sengoku dating sims.
    Last edited by Sunny; December 28th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.