Page 499 of 782 FirstFirst ... 399449489494497498499500501504509549599 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    [Well, this is not likely to end well. Hi, I'm ZealousChristian24, and this is my first post. I wanted to present my attempt at a Servant write-up. It is probably terrible. Sorry for inflicting this on you, but any advice would be useful. Also, I used Allon Martin's Standardized Servant Rankings as a base, so credit is where credit goes.]
    CASTER
    Name: Loki Laufreyson
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STATS
    Strength: D-
    Endurance: D- [Would be higher, but Caster's nature as "one who suffers", combined by his utter lack of pain tolerance, renders it much lower than it should be]
    Agility: D
    Magic:A+
    Luck:E---
    Noble Phantasm: A+

CLASS SKILLS

•Item Construction: D+
    The skill to manufacture magical items. Loki spared with the Phantasmal Race "Dwarves", and learned the basics of their great skill of Magical construction. In the end, however, he mostly relied on trick others to make things for him as opposed to making them himself.

•Territory Creation:C-
    Creation of a magical territory that amplifies one's abilities as a magus. Having territory lowers the prana cost of the spells used in that territory, as well as amplifies the regeneration of prana. At this rank, creation of a "magic territory" becomes possible. The territory generally is only slightly larger than the magic area, however the magic territory is usually self-sustaining, grants a 30% reduction cost to all spells cast by the servant while within the territory, increases the mana regeneration of the servant by 20% and warns the servant of all intruders entering their territory. Loki's Magecraft was often done on the fly, so a single place or residence was mostly a hinderance to him.

PERSONAL SKILLS

•Divinity:B
    The level of divinity present in the Servant's blood. The Servant has the functional power of one who has the blood of a god within them, but not directly (bloodline started from gods, etc). As a being close to a Divine Spirit, the pressure of Gaia is somewhat reduced, lowering the mana cost associated with both maintaining the servant, as well as any ability that would make alterations to the world that Gaia would otherwise attack, the alteration also last twice as long. Any being that attacks the servant gains a slightly increased pressure from Gaia, somewhat raising the cost of maintaining it, as well as the cost of any ability that would cause an alteration that would be naturally attacked by Gaia, these abilities also have a slightly reduced duration. While technically an A rank, having been worshipped as a deity for many centuries, his treachery at Ragnarok has weakened his power.

•High-Speed Divine Words:A
    The power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is power long lost by modern magi. The Servant is capable of using spells that are effectively Sorcery, and can cast High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft at the speed of Single-Action spells. Their spells cannot be negated except by A-rank Magic Resistance. Loki has always been a master of the gab, capable of miraculous speed of recitation.

•Rune Magic:EX
    The servant's knowledge of runes has surpassed the understanding of human kind. Through the use of runes the servant can create pseudo-miracles and effects rivaling those of true magic. As one of the creators of this style of Magecraft, as well as being one of the great Magnus-princes of ancient Troy, Loki is capable of feats just short of True Miracles. Casters greatest skill lies in his mastery of fire-type Magecraft; legends record a being bearing his birth-name as the literal embodiment of fire. Never the less, his low physical attributes, the tendency for strong Servants to bear Magic Resistance, and his downright pitiful pain tolerance means he rarely gets to "cut loose".

•Shapeshifting: A
    Refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. The Servant can imitate the form of another person including scent, speech patterns, and mannerisms. Even with senses beyond the human norm, their disguise will hold, although examination of their blood or other tissue with the proper instruments may give them away. They can take on the form of any non-magical animal that they wish. A true master of shape-changing, though he cannot change while pregnant.

• Lie-Smith: A-
    This skill is related to the invention of falsehoods and convincing others of their truth. At this rank, the Servant may tell even the most outrageous of lies, convincing others of their absolute truth, or come up with lies that can be almost as valid as the truth as explanation. This does not work against those who know Caster's true nature.

•Aegis of Destiny: C
    This is an ability that represents the potent will of Gaia made manifest, known to Magnus as "Prophesy". Loki is fated to be killed by Heimdall, his foe amongst the Aesir. As a result, he is considered to have a Battle Continuation of B when fighting foes who are not Heimdall, as well as foes Caster believe to be Heimdall or those foes for whom vigilance or Trumpets are major aspects of their legend or nature, against whom he suffers a equivalent penalty. This applies even to mortals, who gain the ability to ignore the Servant's immunity to mundane damage, allowing even an overzealous night watchman to fight him on "even" ground.

•Flyting: A++
    This skill, while also granting knowledge of the poetic art known to the modern age as "rap music", it mostly focuses on the ability, so long as one knows the nature and history of one's foes, to say just the right thing to tear apart the target's faith in themselves and their beliefs. With this level, Caster may destroy his targets, ripping apart their hearts and leaving them mewling cowards who rely on others to avenge their shame even as they unconsciously act out their declared flaws, a weakness avoidable through Bravery, Mental Pollution, and other protective abilities of appropriate rank.
    NOBLE PHANTASM

Spawn of Chaos-The Brood that will end the World

Type: Anti-Army
    In life, Loki heavily experimented in the arts of life creation alongside his first wife, the jotun Angrboda. The greatest of their creations was two of the most potent Monstrous Beasts in European history. Now, he may call them forward to fight alongside their "Father" as repayment for the genuine love and kindness he showed them in their youth. This Noble Phantasm may summon up either Fenrir or Jormungandr. Theoretically, he could summon both, but this would cost more Mana than even the combined might of himself and a potent Magnus could generate. The first of the possible summons is Fenris, named Glory-Wolf. While not possessing a jaw that reaches from firmament to sky, he is still the size of a medium-sized building, a hulking, speedy beast capable of outrunning jet aircraft and tearing through all but magical metals like they were nothing but a little girl's hair ribbon(Treat him as possessing a Strength, Endurance, and Agility of B-). He is also capable of catching even the the faintest trails through his impressive sense of smell, and bears an intelligence that reaches actual Sapience. Sadly, the strain maintaining this fearful Beast means his "Father" may only manifest him for only 6 minutes, something Fenrir laments at length if allowed to speak. The other of the possible summons is Jormungandr, the "world serpent", large enough to surround 3 city blocks with room to spare. A swift and mighty creature, he makes up with for his comparative mindlessness with increased potency(B+ in Strength, Agility, and Endurance), and a venomous breath, a slow, colorless and odorless gas that spreads across the area he encircles,weakening and slowly killing all who breath it in save those magically protected against poison, even Heroic Spirits who lack a Resistance below A. Besides the dangers of an indiscriminately murderous venom, he requires enough Prana that even Caster may only manifest him for maybe a minute before being too exhausted to continue. If he bothers to protect himself and his Master, this lowers to maybe 30 seconds.

LEGEND
    While his legend was forged in the frozen north of Scandinavia, the origin of the one now known as Loki occurs in the mediterranean, in a city names Troy. Then named Logi, he was a young Magnus-Prince of this city-state, fostered in the house of King Priam himself, and blood-brother of the much older Voden, second son of the King. Voden was a skilled Diviner, and when he revealed the city was doomed to fall, the two knew they had to do something. In the end, no one believed them, and they were forced to flee far to the north, alongside Voden's wife and sons and a few allies. With their impressive Magecraft and advanced knowledge, these "men of Asia" grew heavily in power and influence, such that men looked at them and said, "Surely these are the gods clothed in flesh!" This grew even further when Odin(once Voden) and Loki(no longer Logi) joined their formal magical training, the best any undivine human could gain in the Age of Gods, and combined it with local folk religion to create an entirely new form of Magecraft, "Rune Magic". As time went on, however, Odin and Loki drifted apart, as Odin grew more and more obsessed with averting the future his magic claimed would come to be. Loki would go on many journeys with Thor, Odin's son, and the only member of the Aesir who saw him as anything other than "Odin's mistake". But as time went on, he began to notice something. It was always HIM that had to suffer. When a Jotun Maiden had to be impressed, it was HIM who had to be dragged around the feast-hall by an enraged goat tied to his manhood. When the Aesir had to stop a Jotun from winning a bet, HE was the one who had to allow a horse to force itself upon him, trapping him in a mare's shape for 11 months. When Freya lost her cloak to a randy Jotun, it was HE who had to accompany a murderous Thor dressed in drag to get it back. The fact that his fellows would always declare the mess to be his fault, regardless of the origin, just let it fester even more. When his beloved first wife, Angrboda, died, he grew even more estranged. While the failure to invite him to a party was minor compared to their other slights, it was "the straw that broke the camel's back". Enraged, he broke in, killed the host, and berated all present for their flaws and weaknesses. In the end Thor, the closest thing he had to a friend, beat him to the brink of death and then killed his oldest human son, so that Odin could use his entrails in order to bind Loki in a spell that would hold him till the end of days. This failed. Loki, using his magic, was able to escape his torment, and ran to ally himself with the Phantasmal Race "Jotun", the sworn rivals of the Aesir. Leading them into the fortress-city of Asgard through secret entrances known only from inside, and let them loose on his former allies, a bloody battle that brought an end to both civilizations. He sought to seek out Odin, and confront his blood brother about his crimes. In the end, he was killed only a few feet away from the throne room, run through by the watchman Heimdall just as he killed him with a spell.

APPEARANCE
    Caster is a thin, tall man, good looking, if somewhat too feminine looking to be seen as such in his home era. He is surprisingly pale, considering his origins, with fiery red hair and piercing green eyes. His beauty is heavily marred, however, by the extensive acid burns that cover his face and neck, a result of the venom poured on him during his imprisonment.
    Last edited by ZealousChristian24; January 6th, 2015 at 03:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post
    Also, I used Allon Martin's Standardized Servant Rankings as a base, so credit is where credit goes.]
    These are total fanfic and we yelled at him a lot for it. I'm not saying using them automatically makes the sheet bad, but just want to make sure you're aware of what you're using as a foundation.

As to the sheet itself, it'd be much more readable if you used the enter key a lot, so it doesn't just look like a wall of text. See some of the other sheets posted a day or two ago.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Also Loki apparently has no strength, endurance or agility. Does he just die upon summoning?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I read the rest of the thread. I'm just a newb, so I figured it might give me a base, even a stupid one, to focus on. I'll try to fix it; I do most of my stuff on my phone.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same ZealousChristian from Onyx Path Forums?

And as Seika said, you might want to fix the formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    I didn't realize posting it like that would turn the ranks to smilies. Fixed and spaced out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Also Loki apparently has no strength, endurance or agility. Does he just die upon summoning?
    Code:
    Strength:D-
    has been automatically turned into

Strength-

and so on. Have you got smilies off or something?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    Yes, oh he of the awesome top hat dragon(seriously, that thing's a work of art!) and yeah, fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

I apparently put the ranks too close. Fixed that.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums, I'm member of OPP forums too (though on break now, shit happened unrelated to OPP that took my time).

Bear with me for a moment.

Class: Lancer
    Identity: Achilles...?
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Berserker, Saber

STR: B+ (C)
    END: A (D)
    AGI: A+ (C)
    MGI: C (E)
    LCK: D (E)

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels spells two verses or shorter.

Personal Skills

*Riding (A+): Phantasmal and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts.

*Battle Continuation (A): Allows one to stay alive and fight as long as they do not recieve a mortal wound.

Bravery (A+): The ability to negate mental interference in the midst of battle.
    At this rank, it also grants a bonus effect of increased melee damage.

*Affections of the Goddess (B): A blessing from Lancer's mother, Thetis. STR, END and AGI are given a rank-up.

*Divinity (C): Lancer is the son of the the sea goddess Thetis and the human hero Peleus.

Noble Phantasm

*Armor of Achilles~Masquerade of Tragedy (B, Anti-Unit)

This Noble Phantasm's name would have one think that it is the beautiful bronze armor that Lancer wears.
    However, it is in fact the crystallization of the singular feat that Lancer performed while wearing the armor.
    A more accurate description would be that 'Achilles' himself is this Noble Phantasm, for Lancer's true identity is
    Patroclus, the beloved comrade and brother in arms of Greece's champion. In one of the great tragedies
    of the Trojan War, Lancer donned Achilles' armor and led the Myrmidons into battle. With everyone
    believing him to be Achilles himself, the full might of Apollo and the Trojans was brought against
    him, and he was killed by Hector. Achilles' rage and grief from this event could not be subsided.

Lancer can activate the armor to transform himself into an exact replica of Achilles, gaining his parameters, skills,
    combat abilities and invulnerable body, which can only be damaged by those with at Rank C Divinity or higher.
    Those who attempt to perceive his parameters will be shown that he is, without a doubt, Achilles.
    While he possesses impressive combat skills without the disguise, he cannot stand up to heroes of Achilles' or Hector's caliber.

Because Patroclus met his death when he wore the armor, so too does this Noble Phantasm hold within it Lancer's demise.
    The strain of imitating Achilles causes the armor to crack and fall apart. This can be mitigated by an experienced Master
    providing prana, but at most the armor will allow for a combined total of 60 minutes of transformation.
    When the last piece falls, Patroclus is revealed and falls dead with a slashed throat, courtesy of the Prince of Troy, Hector.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; January 28th, 2015 at 08:32 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    When I saw that picture and that question mark. I thought this was going to be a Brad Pitt profile.

Sorry to disappoint, but I can't hope to top the Governator.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Blog Entries
    Nice twist!

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Have you got smilies off or something?
    Not that I'm aware, I don't even know where the option is.

I guess they vanish when you turn images off?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    That's a fantastic profile.

I'm mad jelly because I had the same idea years ago, but I never put it into a profile because I thought it would be thrashed.
    Last edited by Imperial; January 7th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Fuck shit damn it motherfucking bitch whore.

Well, no point to me finishing my Patroclus profile with exactly the same core idea to it anymore.
    i shouldnt have sat on that idea for 3 years without finishing the profile and publishing it :V

- - - Updated - - -

It's a great profile though, kudos to you. Apoc has certainly made Patroclus easier to write up.

That's a brilliant Patroclus. The countdown to death aspect of his NP really tops it off well. Tenouddaten.

This guy is apparently the first person to be called a vampire, although it was the local equivalent of it. I've got a bit of nasuverse background for him, but it's not that different from the actual history behind him. I originally made this sheet to be a not-Dio Brando servant in an RP, but I decided to give it a little respect and work it into a servant of its own. Admittedly, the monstrous strength was thrown in because he's going to be in a war with an Achilles, Atalanta, Jeanne, Diarmuid with a Solomon caster to top it off. The argument I had against it is that as Assassin he shouldn't need it, but the idea of him going nuclear option to protect his Master is appealing none the less. He likes researching, wet weather, quiet days and his wife. He dislikes the church for obvious reasons and his wife. Any feedback is appreciated.

Credit to a guy with a name that begins with G for letting me bounce ideas off them and just being generally cool all together.

Jure Grando
    A Horrible Person

Class:
    Assassin
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (B+): During the day, Jure (while also suffering a general penalty for being out in sunlight)​ can hide his presence as a Servant and noticing him can generally become very difficult. At night he may effectively disappear from sight, becoming nearly impossible to detect. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. Jure did not actually have anywhere this level of stealth in life, although a very sneaky individual indeed, but his summoning as a Servant has attributed him as the first 'creature of the night' which are called vampires, boosting his affinity for the night.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation (A): Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound. However, in Jure's case Holy Sacraments ignore this and deal increased damage, going to the point where a Baptism Sacrament is enough to temporarily drive him away.

Magecraft (B): Not only capable, but incredibly skilled in orthodox Thaumatergy. Jure's own area of expertise lays in healing and thaumatergical virology.

Monstrous Strength (C++): The increase to Jure's strength starts relatively low and grows over the period of ten minutes, along with his transformation into a bat-like monster. With each passing moment, Jure's grip on reality progressively weakens, and by ten minutes he is more of a Berserker than an Assassin. While this may allow him to temporarily fight on level with more capable Servants for a time, it requires three hours to reset and is rather impractical to use for too long as an Assassin.

Dead Apostle (C): A blanket skill that covers his state as a Dead Apostle. This includes: Mystic Eyes of Enchantment, the Curse of Restoration and enhanced senses. This skill also includes the ability to create The Dead familiars. Jure is exempt from the usual weaknesses of 'vampires' (crosses, garlic, fire and whatever else is generally associated with 'fictional' vampires), requiring a fatal and decisive blow to be felled. The weaknesses of Dead Apostles still apply.

Noble Phantasms

PARASITE
    Viral Paranoia Carrier
    Type: Anti-Unit

There's a monster in your midsts. Who could it be? It might be your neighbour? The milkman? Your spouse, even? You can never be too sure. Suspect everyone. Jure bites his target, marking them for exsanguination at a later time. Jure is always aware of the location of bitten individuals, as if he watches them from their shadow. Bitten targets also emit an aura of steadily growing fear and paranoia to those around them, but are not impacted themselves unless they are near another marked target. This irrational fear will escalate and escalate until the worst outcome of these feelings become reality.

Strigon

Infection of Blood and Being
    Type: Anti-Unit

If Jure drains an individual marked with PARASITE to death, he has the option of raising them as a 'Strigon', a sort of lame duck halfway point between a Dead Apostle and the Living Dead. The Strigon are bound to Jure like a familiar, following his commands loyally, but they maintain their intellect and keep their memories to a very limited extent. A Strigon is powerful by human standards, rating at 6 if viewed relative to Servant parameters. While a single Strigon little to no use in directly fighting a Servant, it can easily overpower most Masters at close range, and can at the least act as a distraction when facing Servants. Oddly enough should Jure be taken out of the war, be it prematurely or by 'victory', the Strigon will remain and may progress to a fully fledged Dead Apostle with time.
    Last edited by Slamatee; January 9th, 2015 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Class: Caster
    Attribute: Earth
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: E
    AGI: C (B)
    END: E (D)
    MGI: A (A+)
    LCK: C (B)
    NP: B

Skills:

Item Construction: A
    Caster can create powerful ritual implements, enchanted weapons, and turn ginger into gold.

Territory Creation: -
    Because of the effects of the Noble Phantasm and Caster's own peculiar nature, this skill has been lost.

Animal Dialogue: A
    The bearer is fluent in the languages of all animals. Caster held court with the mountain animals at her home.

Divinity: C
    Caster is the diwata child of two deities worshiped in Laguna during ancient times.

Noble Phantasm:

Dayang Makiling: The Queen of the Misty Mountain
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-60
    Max targets: 1000 people
    A mountain whose peak is vaguely in the shape of a sleeping woman that is one of Luzon's three sacred mountains, along with Mount Arayat in Pampanga and Mount Mayon in Bicol, and also Caster's catalyst and Noble Phantasm. Within the mountain, she gains access to mind-boggling amounts of prana, along with getting significant parameter boosts and the highest degree of fame.

However, this situation has one flaw: she cannot leave the mountain through any means. Using a Command Spell to summon her is an exercise in futility, because Caster's very existence is tied to the mountain. This can be mitigated by carrying around just about anything that originates from Mount Makiling. Caster's existence recognizes even the tiniest piece as part of the mountain, and so she may be transported without further incident, but she loses her main prana source and parameter and fame boosts in exchange.

Lore
    Caster is actually Maria Makiling, the sovereign and protector of the mountain that bears her name. However, "Maria Makiling" does not actually exist, and the various miracles and mysteries attributed to the "woman on the mountain" are actually the work of several groups of nature spirits that call the Mount Makiling their home. Thus, she is not a proper Heroic Spirit, but only a wraith.
    Last edited by Nuclear; January 12th, 2016 at 07:21 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you summon a heroic spirit that isn't unique or has a collective you summon a wraith or heroic spirit candidate.