Page 519 of 782 FirstFirst ... 19419469509514517518519520521524529569619 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    I don't think bibliography was really needed to display.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The bibliography is the best part of the sheet though

Blog Entries
    Seika, Queen of Research

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was more research for a single Servant than Nasu ever did for seven.
    Agreed

Blog Entries
    ^^Nice meme.

That's awesome, I've had a concept for Khutulun in the back of my mind forever, but the only NP I could think of was being able to summon all the horses she won (which are all descended from various awesome horses) Gate of Babylon-style.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    That's awesome, I've had a concept for Khutulun in the back of my mind forever, but the only NP I could think of was being able to summon all the horses she won (which are all descended from various awesome horses) Gate of Babylon-style.

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing
    Gate of Khutulun

Since Kat loves memes.

Blog Entries
    I don't love them, I'm more like a battered wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I don't love them, I'm more like a battered wife.
    I meme you because I love you.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Man, I am so glad I scratched my Khutulun profile a little while ago, it never would have stood up against such a beastly profile.

Kudos on the admirable research, Seika.

Blog Entries
    ^^*blushes*

Blog Entries

Ignacy Hryniewiecki
    The Winter Bomber

Class: Assassin
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: True Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: D
    Luck: C

History:

Assassin was born to a Polish immigrant family in the Russian empire in 1856, and grew up under the unfairly oppressive yoke of the Tsar reigime. His life as a child was simple enough, but his family was poor and his parents overworked, and they died while he was a teenager. He travelled to St Petersburg to study when he became of age, and decided to join the People’s Will, a revolutionary political movement wanting to free Russia from the clutches of the imperial Tsar government. Within the movement he helped with printing clandestine propaganda, before an opportunity came up for him to assist with a planned assassination attempt on the Tsar.

He gladly took on the role and became a member of the bombthrower squad, who would attack Alexander II with homemade incendiary devices when he was vulnerable. He was filled with fear and trepidation, knowing that he was sure to die and that he would not ever see a single shining moment of the revolution that he hoped to ignite. Regardless of this Assassin mustered his courage and served his duty as best he could, successfully managing to blow the Tsar to pieces the next day, his psyche warping at the very instance that he took the tsar's life with his bombs. Unfortunately he was caught in the blast of his own bomb and would succumb to his injuries in hospital, but not before refusing to give any information about his co-conspirators to the police who held him in confinement while he died.

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant, or even as an individual in general.

• E: At this rank, Assassin cannot be said to even be suited to spying. He can somewhat mask any intent to kill, but beyond that is as detectable as any regular Servant.

Personal Skills:

Nature of a Rebellious Spirit
    The inclination to never accept a single lord or ruler. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to become a king or ever settle on a king. Acts to negate Charisma and other related skills of an equal or lower Rank.

• D: Assassin attempted to kickstart a workers’ revolution by assassinating Tsar Alexander II of Russia, however he was merely a cog in a revolutionary plan.

Subversive Activities
    The talent to reduce the enemy forces in the preliminary stages, before going into battle. An expert of traps. However, the higher is the ranking of this Skill, the more one's spiritual status as a hero declines.

• D: It is possible to disable up to 15% of the total military force before the enemy advances, or traps laid may reduce opponent's combat effectiveness by nearly 15%.

Projectile Expertise (Bombs)
    An expertise for throwing specific types of projectile weaponry.

• E: Assassin is able to throw most varieties of bombs without blowing his own hands off, however the effectiveness of his throws may vary greatly.

Kotik
    It Is Too Soon To Thank God

Type: Anti-Unit
    Targets: 1
    Range: 1-8

Description: Named after the codename that Assassin was given when he joined the revolutionary People’s Will movement, a codename that was simply Russian for “kitten”, this Noble Phantasm is nothing more and nothing less than the bombs that he utilised to assassinate Tsar Alexander II on March 1st, 1881. They are simple, crude bombs of a poor design, having been made with what the oppressed workers were able to get their hands on at the time, but as Noble Phantasms the bombs have been enhanced with unstable prana, such that they will explode on impact with a powerful and decisive blast.

When Assassin’s bombthrower squad attacked the Tsar’s carriage Alexander II was left unharmed, and reportedly exclaimed “Thank God that I have not been injured!” before Assassin emerged, a surprise final bomber, and blew him up while critically wounding himself.

Because they are triggered on impact, Assassin cannot control the detonations so must always be sure to throw them far enough from himself, but can at least vary the prana payload of the bombs so that they can create smaller blasts than their maximum yield would suggest.

Class:
    Assassin

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: C
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Presence Concealment (A+): Hides ones presence as a Servant. At this rank it is possible to disappear completely
    and become extremely difficult to be detected.

Personal Skills

Demonic Beast (B): The antithesis of "Divinity", this denotes one's status as a demonic creature. Assassin is famous as
    a demonic revenant who brings sickness and death and goes by the names of many such creatures.

Shapeshift (EX): Assassin's skill at changing her appearance is unmatched and seems to defy logic. She can change parts
    of her body into those of animals and change into beasts much smaller or larger than herself. On one occasion, she was
    noted to have disguised herself as a single hair in a man's beard.

Noble Phantasms

Gelloudes~Fonder of Children Than Gello (C, Anti-Unit)

A technique by which Assassin can reproduce and create pseudo-Servants to do her bidding. As a reproductive demon,
    Assassin has the ability to possess women. After controlling an individual for an amount of time proportional to
    the amount of magic circuits they have, she separates from her victim, leaving their mind warped with a lust for blood
    and their body slowly transforming into a demonic revenant the same as Assassin. Since the possession is demonic in nature,
    the only way to remove it is through exorcism.

Antaura~Twelve and a Half Names (B, Anti-Unit (Self), Support)

Knowledge of a demon's name is required to control or compel it, hence the reason many demons act under aliases.
    Assassin has twelve and a half names that must be spoken or written for one to have any chance at repelling her.
    The more names that are revealed, the weaker Assassin's attacks are against the target, with all twelve and a half
    rendering her completely helpless. The names are Gello, Morrha, Byzo, Marmaro, Petasia, Pelagia, Bordona, Apleto,
    Chomodracaena, Anabardalaea, Psychoanaspastria, Paedopniktria,
    and Strigla. If one of Assassin's names remains unknown
    by anyone currently participating in the Grail War, she can be resurrected after death by using that name as a catalyst.
    Therefore, this Noble Phantasm is her greatest tool for survival as well as her greatest weakness.

Background
    Gello, a.k.a. Gyllou, Gylou, Gillo, Gelu, etc., is a vampiric demon who causes women to miscarry, causes infertility,
    murders infants, and prevents lactation. Gello is an incredibly widespread demon who has been feared nearly all across
    the ancient world.

According to the poet Sappho, Gello was a virgin maiden who died before her time and whose spirit could not rest. Gello
    was enraged by her sad fate and the knowledge that she would never find love, get married, and have children of her own.
    In time Gello transformed into a demon who attacks virgins, pregnant women, and babies, seeking to destroy them out of
    envious revenge of the living. When Gello has found a suitable victim she she sinks her talons into them and proceeds to
    suck the victim's blood, milk, and/or eats their entrails from within. This causes pregnant women to miscarry, babies and
    virgin maidens to sicken and die, inability to lactate or causes infertility. Additionally, Gello can possess a woman and
    make her murder children. Women who are possessed by Gello are referred to as being gelloudes.

Gello can be repelled with garlic and by wearing red coral and aetite stones. Crosses and religious images also are believed
    to be effective at warding off attacks from Gello. Baptism was believed to protect children from Gello. St. Sisinnius and
    St. Michael can both provide protection from Gello. St Sisinnius defeated her in life and St. Michael is believed to be her
    worst enemy. The magic of Solomon may also prove effective against Gello.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Double post. I just whipped this one up to complement the one I just posted.

Class:
    Lancer

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C+): Cancels spells two verses or shorter, and is
    immune to all but the strongest of demonic magic or curses.

Personal Skills

Saint (C): The Servant was acknowledged as a legendary saint.
    This skill raises the effects of any sacraments Lancer performs.

Guardian Knight (C): Defensive power is raised when protecting or
    fighting on behalf of someone (other than his Master).

Clairvoyance (C): Superior visual perception. This skill is gained due to his experiences
    chasing the demon Gello and seeing through her various disguises, even when she
    shapeshifted into a single hair in a man's beard.

Noble Phantasms

Gellosbane~Demon Slaying Spear (B+, Anti-Unit)

A holy spear that was used by Lancer to defeat Gello. On the many amulets that depict him and are said to protect
    against evil, Lancer is shown as a horseman bearing down with this spear on the female demon. It was gifted to him
    by the Archangel Michael and as such strikes with burning fury against those who are demonic or Evil-aligned.

Melitena~First Milk From Thy Mother's Breast (A, Support)

In one encounter with Gello, she was holding Lancer's sister's children hostage. Lancer demanded that the children
    be let free, and the demoness replied, "If you can return in your hand the milk you first sucked from your mother's
    breast, I will return the children." Lancer prayed to God and at once he vomited the milk into his hand. This act
    was symbolic of the restoration of the children's lives as they had been freed from certain death. Lancer gains the
    ability to produce this holy liquid from his body which serves as a powerful curative, capable of lifting curses and
    even reviving the recently deceased.

Background
    Saint Sisinius was a legendary saint mainly known for his conflicts and defeat of the demoness Gello. He became a
    Christian in the process of hunting her and was aided by the Archangel Michael, another one of Gello's sworn enemies.
    His name and likeness is said to be effective at warding off demons, particularly female ones.

Blog Entries
    I don't think bibliography was really needed to display.
    Bibliographies are always necessary to display. On the prosaic level of giving credit where it's due and proper academic diligence and so forth, of course, but mostly 1) So I can blame other people if I got things wrong, and 2) So I can remember where the bloody hell I got things from when I look at these later. It's endlessly frustrating to come back to sheets and go "I know I had sound basis for this weird little aspect, but damned if I remember where I got it from." This way I have a short list to check where I found out that Middle Mongolian didn't have conjunctions and so Biljiur Soqosun is the appropriate way to phrase "Lark and Fish", for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was more research for a single Servant than Nasu ever did for seven.
    As the one who did it, I doubt that.
    This is the more-or-less the correct amount to make a halfway decent Servant sheet for a language, history, and culture you've barely been introduced to before - barring the occasional unnecessary part where I inflicted eyestrain on myself trying to read terrible old manuscripts for frankly not a lot of return. And Nasu's sheets are usually at least halfway decent.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    The bibliography is the best part of the sheet though
    That's wonderfully backhanded. I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Kudos on the admirable research, Seika.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post

Interesting take on creating a very late Servant. Was the font change/resizing necessary, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    According to the poet Sappho, Gello was a virgin maiden who died before her time and whose spirit could not rest.
    Sappho says nothing other than Γελλὼ παιδοφιλωτέρα; Zenobios' paramiography is where the ancient information comes from.
    Last edited by Seika; February 11th, 2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was not trying to insult you there Seika.

The sheet was all in all pretty great.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm not sure why but when I copy my sheets from Google Drive I have to kill their formatting and reformat them, which usually defaults the text to the forum norm. But for whatever reason it didn't this time, so I just picked a legible font since U can't remember what the default onw is :P

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man. All of y'all putting in so much work makes me feel lazy. I can't even figure out how to picture properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Bibliographies are always necessary to display. On the prosaic level of giving credit where it's due and proper academic diligence and so forth, of course, but mostly 1) So I can blame other people if I got things wrong, and 2) So I can remember where the bloody hell I got things from when I look at these later. It's endlessly frustrating to come back to sheets and go "I know I had sound basis for this weird little aspect, but damned if I remember where I got it from." This way I have a short list to check where I found out that Middle Mongolian didn't have conjunctions and so Biljiur Soqosun is the appropriate way to phrase "Lark and Fish", for example.
    If official creators don't bother with listing references, I think that unless someone is really bored in spare time, it is kind of overkill to source something that is a character sheet at an internet forum.

If official creators don't bother with listing references, I think that unless someone is really bored in spare time, it is kind of overkill to source something that is a character sheet at an internet forum.
    Having a bibliography doesn't detract from the sheet. I don't think you should blame someone for going above and beyond what the official writers do; what's this forum for otherwise?

Blog Entries
    I don't blame, I just point out it's IMO kind of too much effort put into something that ultimately is done just for fun.