Page 48 of 858 FirstFirst ... 38434647484950535898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Not a thing, I'd say. Or some god worshipped by one of a crapton of tribes populating the land back then who was never recognized by others, the tribe then being found by said monk and giving him a clear, unbiased view of Slavic paganism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Blog Entries
    don't believe everything you read, kiddos

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    thats the thing, I searched for some time and there was nothing on Chernabog at all. So I decided to take my own personal twist on what he was like. That and what sources I did find, seem to either say he was a demon by Christian Priests who spread Christianity to the Slavs, or that he was the opposing The White God (forget it's name at the exact moment however I believe it was akin to Beobog or something close.
    JS I made myself abundantly clear on what I could find, so please don't consider if I just wrote him so loosely. Merely took what I could find and ran with it.
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

I haven't even read your sheet, sorry. Just popping in to right wrongs.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Not a thing, I'd say. Or some god worshipped by one of a crapton of tribes populating the land back then who was never recognized by others, the tribe then being found by said monk and giving him a clear, unbiased view of Slavic paganism.
    From those two points summoning a Heroic Spirit Chern seems like Angra. Getting an anti-hero who was sacrificed and called that by that one tribe. A fusion of the worship of the original chern (whatever this is) but also the ogga booga of the later christian views encased with into one person. Who watches once upon a time and is like, i wish i could do that stuff, i'm just a random tribes person.

not v original i know
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    From those two points summoning a Heroic Spirit Chern seems like Angra. Getting an anti-hero who was sacrificed and called that by that one tribe. A fusion of the worship of the original chern (whatever this is) but also the ogga booga of the later christian views encased with into one person. Who watches once upon a time and is like, i wish i could do that stuff, i'm just a random tribes person.

not v original i know
    Well, at least he'd get a sick beard instead of weird tattoos.

Blog Entries
    not v original i know
    what is

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    what is
    i thought raikou was actually pretty original
    some of it was bad original but a lot of it was good original
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i thought raikou was actually pretty original
    some of it was bad original but a lot of it was good original
    The part of me that is a chuuni Nasuverse fan loves the good original.
    The part of me that is an unabashed pervert loves the bad original.
    So Raikou's basically the best Servant.

PS. By the way, great Midas, You. I believe you could've reduced the word count a bit this time, but being overly verbose is kind of a Nasuverse thing, so whatever.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    I haven't even read your sheet, sorry. Just popping in to right wrongs.
    Because canon Servants are paragons of historical and mythological accuracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You know how Brynhildr knows that Siegfried and Sigurd are 2 different heroes but still acknowledges their similarities? Has anyone made a Herbert West Servant, resulting in Fran noting that he is similar to her father, Victor?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    in the nasuverse a blessing and a curse are just two ways of looking at the same thing.
    Damn. Well, I can still credit myself that I got that part right without checking.

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name: Isfandiyar

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Alternate Class: Rider

Strength- B
    Agility- C
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- A+

Equipment: A sturdy Persian longbow and set of diamond-tipped arrows he can summon at will. The arrows are extremely sharp and- combined with Archer's natural strength- can easily pierce through nearly any defense and produce an A-ranked attack with each draw of the bow.

Appearance:

Personality: Stoic, valiant and honor-bound. He acts like a flawless saint upon the battlefield, holding no ill will even to his sworn enemies. Unfalteringly loyal, Archer will try his best to fulfill every task his liege asks of him, whether they're in his own best interest or even go against his own morals. While he may try and argue against his master, if they insist he will reluctantly obey regardless. A devout Zoroastrian, Archer has internalized the mantra of "Right thoughts, right words, right deeds" and will recite it on various occasions. He is also very sincere and can be surprisingly easy to fluster, especially around attractive women.

Archer- who swore himself to be his liege's sword from birth- never had a wish of his own in life. He merely destroyed the enemies ahead of him without thought for himself or the future. However, his fateful battle with the hero Rostam awakened his buried fighting spirit. Even when his rival eventually killed him with a special arrow through his eyes- the only part of his body undefended by magical armor- Archer held no hatred for him, saying that the true killer was his father king Goshtasp, who schemed to get him into that situation in the first place.

Thus, Archer's wish on the Holy Grail is simply to have a rematch with Rostam. A true battle between heroes, free from cursed destinies and scheming rulers. If Rostam is already summoned in the War, Archer will devote himself utterly to facing down his rival. Archer's other desire is simply to have an honorable master to swear himself to and serve without regrets. He is also a doting older brother to his various sisters and would do anything for the sake of their happiness.

Dislikes: scheming rulers, dishonorable orders
    Talents: sincerity, everything necessary for a warrior
    Natural Enemy: Rostam, his father, sorcerers

Class Skills:

Independent Action (E)- Ability to remain in existence without a supply of magical energy from one's Master. At this rank, Archer can only sustain himself for ten to fifteen minutes in the absence of an active contract. Due to Archer's extreme loyalty being the antithesis of this Skill, he has a low rank unbecoming of his Class.

Magic Resistance (A)- All spells below A-rank are cancelled. At this rank, it wouldn't be inaccurate to call the Servant a 'Magus Killer'. Archer's ties with the sacred prophet Zoroaster, along with his own legends of overcoming sorcerers, have granted him a peerlessly high rank in this Skill.

Personal Skills:

Loyal Soul (B)- Nature of one who is unbending in loyalty. So long as Archer follows his Master's commands to the letter, he obtains a constant rank-up to all parameters save Luck. However, if he ever disobeys a command, this benefit is permanently lost, with all of Archer's parameters suffering a - modifier that lasts for the remainder of the Grail War.

Prophet's Champion (A)- A Skill for those warriors who served as champions of a religious movement. Acts as a composite including Military Tactics, Protection Of The Faith and Bravery all at one rank lower. In life, Archer was a valiant champion of Zoroaster who smited countless apostates and enemies in the prophet's name.

Clairvoyance (B)- Enhanced visual perception. At this rank, Archer is capable of accurate aim in an eight-kilometer range and able to target things that move high speeds. Archer also gains slight precognition, along with ability to see those who are well hidden by Magecraft. A natural ability for a mythic bowman.

Grace Of God (C+)- Possession of the greatest body and good looks; a Skill denoting the beauty of royalty. A composite preserving the absoluteness of the body and repelling mental interference, while in Archer's case also including Divinity at a low rank. Archer was a noble of divine descent, described as a holy man with the grace of God.

Noble Phantasms:

Ne'mat Zartosht- Resolute Armor Of Faith (B+, Support): A Noble Phantasm representing the divine armor given to Archer by the legendary prophet Zoroaster in exchange for championing the fledgling religion. Created from the heavens, said to defend from any attack and render its bearer immune to all harm. The prophet invited Archer to a mystical pool of crystal clear water and, upon stepping into it, it melded around his body in the shape of silvery armor.

By chanting this Noble Phantasm's name, Archer can call upon his armor once more. Once invoked, a rippling sheen of liquid silver materializes over Archer's body, essentially acting like an outer layer of skin to repel attacks. Two + modifiers are added to Endurance and his armor class is raised by several factors. This protection increases further regarding projectile weapons, representing how Archer himself withstood unscathed the legendary hero Rostam's arrows in their duel.

However, this seals his Magic Resistance Skill while active. The shimmering water-like armor covers his entire body save for one part- his eyes. Archer's eyes are the only weak-point in this Noble Phantasm's defenses and any opponent willing and able to aim for them will have their attacks go through without hindrance.

An additional effect also insures that any enemy to actually kill Archer will have their Luck stat forcibly lowered to E- rank for the remainder of the Grail War. This represents a divine blessing Zoroaster gave to Archer that any who spilled his blood (killed him) would suffer a life of cursed omens until the day he dies and even after death be condemned to Hell. This aspect is permanently active and will take effect regardless of whether or not the armor was actually equipped at the time at the time of death.

Due to the rather great amount of magical energy this armor expends, Archer can only keep it active for a short period of five minutes at most.

Amesha Spenta- Holy Chain That Binds Impiety (C++, Anti-Unit): Along with the armor, Zoroaster also gave his pupil a divinely forged chain which had the power to bind anyone, whether they be beast or wicked sorceror, and render them powerless to escape.

This Noble Phantasm crystallizes as a long, gleaming silver chain which Archer carries. Topping it is a Farvahar, a chief symbol in Zoroastrian mythology depicting a bearded man arising from the body of a majestic eagle. Representing Archer's legends of using this chain to bind sorcerers and monsters, its durability scales up greatly when facing those recognized as such. While normally it is just a strongly built, mundane chain, it becomes nigh-unbreakable used against those with a monstrous attribute or spellcasting proficiency. It 'binds' not only the target's body but also their very spirit, sealing any monstrous or supernatural abilities they could use to escape.

Invoking its True Name, the weighted end of the chain rises upwards before flying at the nearest target to encircle and bind them, animated by divine power.

This Noble Phantasm shares a name with the 'Amesha Spenta', divine sparks in Zoroastrian mythology that derived from the radiance of Ahura Mazda. As a devout follower of Zoroaster himself, Archer is naturally fit to use it.

Haft-Khan Esfandiyar- Seven Arrows For Seven Trials (A+, Anti-Team): A Noble Phantasm sublimating the seven trials Archer underwent on the journey to rescue his kidnapped sisters from the foreign king Turan Arjaasb. Along the way he encountered and battled sorcerers and wild beasts and overcame fierce climates.

Archer may invoke this Noble Phantasm's name to fire a barrage of seven diamond-tipped arrows imbued with his heroic legend that can pierce through nearly anything. Archer can spread the arrows out in a conical formation or else concentrate them together at a single target for greater destructive power.

The arrows are fired so closely together as to appear simultaneous to the untrained eye and, being infused with the 'weight' of his legend, have power greatly exceeding his normal shots. All seven of them together are enough to reduce a target to ash. Even without invoking the True Name, Archer can fire a single one of his arrows with the same properties at a greatly lessened expense of magical energy.

There is also an eighth, hidden arrow that Archer may call upon separately. A greatly powerful shot with Anti-Fortress attributes representing Archer's infiltration of king Aswaab's supposedly invincible stronghold to save his sisters. While far more devastating than his other seven, this eighth arrow can only be invoked after all seven regular ones have been utilized at least once. As it embodies the culmination of Archer's heroic journey, he must symbolically recreate the first seven 'steps' of his adventure before being able to call upon it. It also expends far more magical energy than its peers, likely forcing Archer to rest up and recuperate his strength for several days after invoking it.

This Noble Phantasm stands as counterpart to that of Archer's rival, Rostam, who committed his own set of seven heroic labors. The two techniques counter each other perfectly and if brought against one another, their combined heroic legends would clash and neutralize each other in a spectacular explosion of magical energy.

Even the likeness of their techniques assures the two as rivals across time.

If summoned as Rider he'd have...
    Shamsir Rokh- Chariot Of Hero's Ingenuity (B, Anti-Army): The 'bladed chariot' that Isfandiyar created to entrap the wicked Simurgh, a phoenix-like beast said to be able to lift up an elephant in its talons. He also used it to defeat a dragon by riding the chariot directly into its maw and slashing it apart from the inside.

This Noble Phantasm appears as a regal looking war-chariot absolutely covered in razor-sharp blades of all kinds, portruding out at every conceivable angle. Fiercesome and vicious, it is clearly something created only for the sake of battle. While he's inside the chariot, it is nearly impossible for opponents to approach or attack Isfandiyar for fear of being skewered upon these blades. Pulled by a pair of swift-footed horses with fiery red manes, it can also be brought forth for a powerful charging attack with the blades, capable of eviscerating an army in one go. Since it was used to defeat beasts in legend, this Noble Phantasm deals increased damage against foes of the Monstrous alignment.

Key Words/Craft Essence

My Final Battlefield
    (Level 10 bond)
    "I felt regrets, once.

"I felt longing, once.

"I felt joy, once.

"That's right. Even though this body was created to be a sword... it was the moment that you struck the killing blow upon me that I truly felt... complete.

"Thank you, Rostam. I wish only that, in another place and another time, we could fight freely against each other. One last battle to prove our might as heroes, unbound by the chains of duty and fate. If we could ever have such a thing... then I would truly be granted an immeasurable happiness."

In his dying moments, such was the wish from the depths of Archer's heart, a hero who fought for the sake of his loyalties until the very end

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I wrote up the Isfandiyar sheet I'd referenced above. Since I did Rostam, it only makes sense to do his rival eventually. It was fun to cut loose with a thoroughly top-tier hero after a while, in this case I'd say he's easily around the level of Siegfried or Karna. Certainly be fun to see him and Rostam cutting loose against each together in a Grail War. Maybe next I'll try and write up a ridiculously powerful Zoroaster sheet...

In any case, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms! Thanks.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 2nd, 2018 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added Last Words

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Source (X)
    Class:
    Caster
    True Name: H.P. Lovecraft
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: United States of America
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Demonic
    Armament:
    "The Voices"

STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: E
    MGI: C
    LCK: E
    NP: B

Height/Weight: 166cm, 49kg
    Likes: The supremacist movement, Leader of the third reich, Cats
    Dislikes: Everything else
    Talents: Nihilistic Thoughts
    Natural Enemy: Hope of a better tomorrow

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (A-) - Creation of a temple superior to a workshop becomes possible. The workshop in question will have bizarre architecture and a negative effect on the mentality of its residents.
    • Item Construction (E) - The Servant may be able to fashion the most basic Mystic Codes with time and effort. Their creations will most likely have only a single application, and can only be used a very limited number of times.​

Personal Skills:
    • Dissociation (A) - The servant has a weak grip on reality. Can block out mental influence on the same level. However this produces a lack of connection in a person's thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity. Lovecraft himself is rather detached from reality.
    • Nihilistic Existence (-) - A skill that allows one to appear weaker than they are. Lovecraft believed that he and all life on earth was completely meaningless. All parameters, skills and Noble Phantasms appear to be one rank lower.
    • Monstrous Strength (D+) - An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill. The longer this skill is active, the more is body slowly twists into the visage an eldritch abomination.
    • Pact of the Abomination (C-) - A skill reserved for those with a connection to beings foreign to the nature of reality. In the case of Lovecraft it is equivalent to Revelation that allows him to hear "otherworldly voices of inhuman language" that guide him in all matters and grant him a tainted form of magecraft. However it comes at great cost to his mentality.

Noble Phantasms

Nightmare Teller Realm of Terror (Anti-Team) (B) - Caster's primary Noble Phantasm is the crystallisation of his works and his genre he created. 'He deploys a Reality Marble "an embodiment of his soul that peered into the void", that warps reality to how it is reflected in his literature. Geometry becomes actively malicious, ordinary household objects or animals become disturbingly terrifying. Windows open into a black void and there is a persistent feeling of something horrifying following you and all exits will loop around to the centre of the field. Additionally he is capable of releasing a cacophony of madness, sounds from cosmic beings that humanity cannot comprehend with its frail sanity. The noise will drain the sanity from those humans who hear it and the weak minded will be turned into a vegetate mess. Servants can resist this effect at the cost of temporary parameter reduction as long as they reside within the Reality Marble.

Caster has limited manipulation the makeup of the building within his line-of-sight. It is most efficient within his own territory. Additionally, the longer Lovecraft himself resides within this bounded field the more is body slowly twists into the visage an eldritch abomination.

Eldritch Abomination Call of the Great Old Ones (Anti-Self) (A++) - Either by imposing his Reality Marble upon himself instead of The World around him or being affected by it for too long, he can turn himself into a the form of a monstrous demon. This results in a slow and painful alteration of his body rather than the projection of his own mental world.

He can limit its effects to merely produce massive blood-like tendrils from his back to be used for combat and transport. Unleashing its full power turns his entire body into a gigantic mass which appears to be part octopus, part man and part dragon which was how he envisioned the legendary Cthulhu, although is is not an accurate depiction. The Noble Phantasm also grants him an instantaneous healing with near infinite regenerative abilities in addition to boosting his strength parameter astronomically. Despite his Endurance remaining low the regenerative abilities make him almost impossible to put down without a large scale attack of high power.

This demonic state is so hideous and unnatural - looking upon it and failing a mental fortitude check will induce insanity in the target. Those with skills such as Bravery can reduce the difficulty while those with Mad Enhancement of Mental Interference can bypass the need for a check. However the mana cost of a completely transmitted form is truly astronomical and one that Caster could not otherwise provide.

It should also be noted that he does not transform into the being himself - which exists in a spiritual plane of existence, he merely adopts the physical form of what he envisioned.

Lore & Personality

The best known author of the Cosmic Horror genre, Howard Phillips Lovecraft is considered perhaps the greatest of all horror fiction writers, rivalled only by Edgar Allan Poe.

A man with an unfortunate life. Both his mother and father went insane and died while he was still young and his money was mismanaged by relatives, leaving him penniless. His trade was his writings and his source of income alongside his editorial work and although he did not write too many of his own stories due to his complete lack of self-confidence and drive so he re-wrote the stories of other writers whom he was in correspondence with and inserted his own themes; primarily forbidden knowledge, superstition and the insignificance of humanity. Never able to support himself from earnings as author and editor, in his adult years he mostly lived in poverty and by the time he was 46, all his inheritance was spent and he died alone with intestine cancer.

Normally a man of such a seemingly insignificant life would not be regarded in any light if not for one thing. He achieved posthumous fame as the creator of 'The Cthulhu Mythos' which was famous enough to make him a summonable as servant. Hardly "Heroic" in any sense of the word, he is an 'Anti-Hero' based entirely on the nihilistic belief that humanity and life is inherently meaningless and barely qualifies for the Throne of Heroes even in that state.

A bitter, racist, xenophobic man. Combining his personality with his (E)xcellent luck, he isn't exactly the kind of man anyone would get along with, especially with his face which was clearly never meant to smile. He is highly depressing to be around a firm Nihilist who believes (and still believes) humanity is meaningless, worthless and should all die. Even though his Xenophobia came from his pathological fear of the unknown, even by the standards of the 1930's he was considered racist and a white supremacist. Describing anyone of African descent as "beasts..in semi-human figure" who are "filled with vice." and being reportedly fond of Hitler although claiming his plans were too optimistic. Even though he married a Jewish woman, his attitude didn't change and she called him out on this several times before leaving him. What a prick.

His sole redeeming factor is that he loves cats. All of them. He could spend all day playing with them, it would probably be the only time you ever see him smile.

Tactics

Aside from his Noble Phantasms he has no actual combat prowess at all and his own talents in magecraft are lacklustre with all the control a fledgling student. This combined with his deeply problematic personality and disgustingly outdated views makes him highly difficult to work around. One could use his Noble Phantasms to weaken his opponents minds and catch them of guard with a sudden partial transformation to kill them, although this will likely only work once. And he should never be fully allowed to transform.

The greater question is why would you summon him? Go home.

Notes

I've wanted to make this guy for a long time and after a few sheets on this new thread I've finally gotten him finished. Although this sheet is not to be taken to seriosuly, if Edison can be grossly overpowered then why not this guy?
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 8th, 2016 at 05:23 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    considering the cthulu in zero was from a spiritual realm, why would lovecraft have a RM?

Blog Entries
    Hermes: I can tell you... maybe don't like Lovecraft too much. Still, the stuff about racism is totally true (even outdated for his time, which says a lot), I don't know if 'thinking humanity should die' is exactly a fair summation of his views. Though that's probably a silly thing to nitpick in a Servant sheet where he can summon Eldritch abominations...

In any case, he's pretty good. I wouldn't have thought a Lovecraft Servant would be terribly interesting given that we already have Cthulhu summon courtesy of Gilles, but you managed to make him stand out. Skills were nicely thought-out and added a lot of flavor to his sheet. And the FC was very well-chosen.

By the way, now that I've given some for yours, got any feedback on my Isfandiyar sheet above?

- - - Updated - - -

considering the cthulu in zero was from a spiritual realm, why would lovecraft have a RM?
    Why wouldn't he? 'An embodiment of his twisted soul which peered into Eldritch realms' or something similarly cheesy should justify it, IMO.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Why wouldn't he? 'An embodiment of his twisted soul which peered into Eldritch realms' or something similarly cheesy should justify it, IMO.
    because RMs are bad form, especially when there's a "cthulu" realm in the nasuverse.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    That thing which Gilles summoned was explicitly Lovecraft's Cthulu?

It didn't look like Cthulu.

It didn't have dragon wings and a squid for a head. It was... a pillar of squid.

Blog Entries
    He may have exaggerated, in the writing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    That thing which Gilles summoned was explicitly Lovecraft's Cthulu?

It didn't look like Cthulu.

It didn't have dragon wings and a squid for a head. It was... a pillar of squid.
    well in the anime he says "cthulhu fhtagn" when he's first summoned and looking at the books. I'd say that's pretty telling.
    In the LN it just says he mutters some words.
    therefore the "cthulhu in zero" rather than just "cthulhu"

i'm guessing there will be more on this in strange fake.
    Last edited by You; September 28th, 2016 at 02:22 PM.