Page 60 of 858 FirstFirst ... 10505558596061626570110160560 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Well, Lancelot is Lawful Mad and Herakles is Chaotic Mad. Extrapolate.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Well, Lancelot is Lawful Mad and Herakles is Chaotic Mad. Extrapolate.
    Yeah, but,

Eh. It's whatever.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'm not sure what the Lawful/Chaotic stuff even means regarding most Berserkers, other then just a way to include a bit more flavor about their original selves.

Other then an obsession with Saber, does Lancelot (Lawful Mad) behave that much differently from Heracles (Chaotic Mad)?

Blog Entries
    Herakles is mad but through/beneath/over the madness continues to be compelled by personal, selfish causes like protecting children and having a good fight. Lancelot's madness is instead shot through and driven by the duty he abandoned, the fealty he owed, the lord he betrayed.

Neutral Mad implies neither or both of the above, probably the second given the attachment to Britain and the devotion to the destruction of 'Empire'. You can well argue if it fits, but in a Nasu/D&D paradigm it's perfectly explicable.

E: Was meant for Shrapnel but fits for Royd's post too.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    Neutral Mad implies neither or both of the above, probably the second given the attachment to Britain and the devotion to the destruction of 'ROMA'.
    Fixed.

Anyway, thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    From first glance it looks even more half-assed than my sheets, but, uh,
    Can't say anything against that since there was hardly an hour between the moment the idea formed in my brain and the moment I wrote it.

Fearg Boadicea is a nice idea, though the wording is somewhat confusing to me. From what I gather she just summons a bunch of exploding ghostriders?
    Yeah I guess it can be confusing. Basically it's a great fire with warriors spawning, doing an explosive Zerg Rush and making an even bigger fire
    Last edited by Legends Storyteller; October 14th, 2016 at 03:57 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Neutral Mad implies neither or both of the above, probably the second given the attachment to Britain and the devotion to the destruction of 'Empire'. You can well argue if it fits, but in a Nasu/D&D paradigm it's perfectly explicable.
    Eh, alignment was already terrible at portraying personality traits / morality codes in "D&D". It should never have been more than the "Elric of Melniboné" rip-off it was at the start.

JP Friend Code
    What does Neutral Mad even mean.
    What does Neutral Summer (Lancer Tamamo) and Chaotic Bride (Nero Bride) even mean.

Blog Entries
    That they're meme characters.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Neutral Summer is an excellent alignment for a sun god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Just for fun

He's somewhere in there. Probably.

True Name:
    George Andrew Romero, Godfather of the Dead
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Man

Strength: E
    Endurance: -
    Agility: E
    Mana: E
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement: A++
    Due to his "condition", Berserker has lost all form of sapience and most of his sentience. He is perpetually stuck in a state of frenzy, and will only stop attacking or pursuing other creatures when there aren't any nearby, or while he is eating. All parameters receive a rank-up (already applied).

Personal Skills:
    Innocent Monster: A
    Distortion caused by a "Curse of the Audience". Because he is responsible for the "beginning of the zombie apocalypse genre", Berserker has been transformed into the "start of the zombie apocalypse", and therefore a zombie himself. Berserker will always be of the "zombie type" most popular in the period he is summoned; in the current era, he will be completely deprived of intelligence, but mantains human to superhuman physical attributes, and will attempt to devour any living creature he kills. In a previous decade, he might have been a slow-moving undead that constantly uttered "brains".

Undead

As a zombie, Berserker is not a living creature, but an undead. He feels no pain or exhaustion, and is immune to all forms of poison, disease, mental interference, sleep effects - basically, everything that only affects living, thinking beings. He cannot be healed by any means, but he is also extremely resistant to damage, and can only be "killed" by damaging his brain. Endurance has been rendered null.

Noble Phantasms
    Zombie Apocalypse
    Legend of the Living Dead
    - Anti-Populace, Rank E~A++

Under any other class, this Noble Phantasm would be a "standard" Reality Marble: an inner world, into which Romero can bring other people, and from which he can bring objects and inhabitants. In his case, a vast zombie-ridden wasteland, with a few living human survivor fighting for their life. However, due to the effects of Innocent Monster, the Reality Marble is instead manifested in his body.

Because the most popular type of zombie nowadays is the "plague zombie", Romero has become "patient zero of the zombie plague". His body carries an injury and ingestion-transmitted virus that kills any infected human being in a matter of hours. If an infected person had a functioning brain at the time of death (wether it was caused by the virus or another mean), they'll shortly after rise as another mindless "plague zombie" carrying the virus. Even other Servants can be affected by the virus, requiring an Endurance check to resist it. Upon ressurrection as a zombie, a Servant will be cut off from their Master's prana supply, and will instead only gain prana by consuming the flesh of the living.

One-time only, Berserker's Master may spend a Command Spell in order to detonate a "virus bomb" - the weapon that "created" his Reality Marble. This will quickly spread a cloud containing the virus in a 1 km radius around the "detonation point". Humans that inhale the virus will die in a matter of seconds, and soon rise as more plague zombies, while Servants may still avoid death through an Endurance check.

The zombies created by this Noble Phantasm are completely uncontrollable. Neither them nor the virus depends on Berserker to continue existing.

Lore
    Spoiler:
    An American filmmaker, best known for creating the "zombie apocalypse" fiction genre through the Living Dead movie series. However, he did more than just create a genre - he created a new myth.

Although stories of living corpses had been around for millenia, they were usually about some villainous sorcerer or mad scientist bringing one or two individuals back to life to serve as thralls, or for purely scientific purposes. Romero, however, created an end-of-the-world scenario: the dead were coming back en masse, and they hungered for human flash. With every new victim, another one joined their ranks. Humannity would be brought to an end by their dead. Thus began the myth of the zombie apocalypse.

For anyone seeking the Holy Grail, Berserker George Andrew Romero is quite the useless Servant. He is barely more powerful than a normal human, and will only obey commands through the use of a Command Spell. He will try to kill any nearby living animal he encounters - including his own Master. And yet, he is potentially one of the most dangerous Servants in existence. Zombie Apocalypse could easily spread through an entire city in a matter of hours, and cover an entire country in a few days, maybe less. If the "virus bomb" is used, the process would be even faster. Romero is one of the few Servants that has the potential of ending all of humanity in less than month.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; October 15th, 2016 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Kind of weird having Romero as just a straight-up mindless zombie IMO. Like, at that point you're basically summoning 'Heroic Spirit Zombie' with the name 'Romero' tacked on. I presume if summoned as Caster he'd be more like his normal self with the zombie apocalypse Reality Marble?

That aside, he sounds freaking scary as a Servant and I imagine once his true nature and powers are discovered the Grail War would pretty much have to be put on hold until he's taken out for good (like Gilles' Cthulhu monster only times a thousand). Especially since he can zombify freaking Servants. (You've heard of fast zombies? How about faster then sound?)

Given how hardcore it is and you even mentioned the possibility of wiping out humanity, how high do you think the odds are of the Counter Force being called in at some point?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post

Undead

As a zombie, Berserker is not a living creature, but an undead. He feels no pain or exhaustion, and is immune to all forms of poison, disease, mental interference, sleep effects - basically, everything that only affects living, thinking beings. He cannot be healed by any means, but he is also extremely resistant to damage, and can only be "killed" by damaging his brain. Endurance has been rendered null.
    I actually think this would be a good reason to give him EX Constitution because of how unconventional it is.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    I actually think this would be a good reason to give him EX Constitution because of how unconventional it is.
    IDK. D&D always had non-living creatures lack Constitution because, well, they're dead, and Constitution is essentially tied to life.

It's not that he always succeeds in CON tests. He doesn't make it because he isn't affected by things that require it.

It's not that he always succeeds in CON tests. He doesn't make it because he isn't affected by things that require it.
    But if CON / END is tied to damage resistance - like the Physical Defense stat in "Final Fantasy" games -, it would make sense for him to have it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    But if CON / END is tied to damage resistance - like the Physical Defense stat in "Final Fantasy" games -, it would make sense for him to have it.
    Fate seems to follow the D&D approach to stats. CON/END is your vitality. It says how much you can run without getting exhausted, how long you can hold your breath, how well you resist poisons & diseases, etc.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I searched for this guy in the thread, was surprised that no one did him yet and decided I might as well do him myself. To be honest, I think this is my best profile yet
    Class: Rider
    True Name: Urashima Tarô
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Dislikes: Bullies, Losing his loved ones
    Weapon: Fishing Pole

Personnality: Rider is very generous and will always lend an hand to the needy and stand to injustice when he see it. He is rather toughtless an will most of the time act recklessly, sometime outright ignoring previous advices, a fact that greatly frustate his companion Otohime. However, He will beat himself up if this fact is brought to him. This most likely stems from the fact that he regret not being here for his mother when she needed him the most due to his actions. Despite that, he doesn't regret meeting and saving Otohime, who he loves greatly. If anything, his wish for the Grail is that he could have taken his mother with him so that they could all live together at the underwater palace.

Stats-
    Strength- D
    Endurance- D
    Agility- C
    Mana- D
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Class Skills-
    Riding
    - A++
    Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast rank can be used as mounts. At this rank, even members of the dragon kind may be ridden.

Magic Resistance- D
    C
    ancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills-

Affection of the gods- A
    +
    Boon given to the servant by a divinity. All abilities gain a rank-up at the beginning of a fight. Rider has won the favor of the dragon god Ryujin and so, he is also protected against attack of those belonging to the Dragon kind.

Generous Soul- B
    Ability belonging to one who helped other without second tought and were rewarded for it. The servant's strength, endurance and luck rank-up whenever they help an innocent completely selflessly. Rider saved a small turtle from being tortured by children for no other reason than his own kindness and was rewarded with a visit of the dragon god's palace.

Water Affinity- C
    The servant has a particular affinity with water. The damage they cause and the one they recieve will be respectively accentued and diminished
    depending on the skill's rank while they are submerged. Even if they are not, water-based attacks will be less effective against them. In some version of his legend, Rider ate a pill that allowed him to breathe underwater.

Noble Phantasms-

Otohime
    ~ Dragon princess of the underwater palace.
    (Anti-Unit, A)
    One day, while Rider was on the plage for some fishing, Rider saw a small turtle being tortured by children. He saved it and returned to the sea. The day after, a larger turtle came, telling Rider that the turtle he saved was in fact the daughter of the dragon god Ryujin. The messenger then took him to the god's castle. While Otohime and the large turtle were different being, the conflation of the two turtles by later retelling allow her to appear under the trait of the larger animal and be summoned by Rider. Otohime is a Divine Beast and also, thanks to her father's heritage, part of the dragon kind, the mightier type of beasts. However, she has a very poor mobility on land. She also can take an humanoid form, but all of her power as a divine spirit has been sealed and so she is only as strong as a normal human.
    Otohime's greatest power come not from her physical might, but in that she can temporarily send her opponents to the dimension where her father's castle lies. Indeed, it was said that Rider spend only three days inside, but that outside, three hundred years passed. Otohime can open portal to transport to opponent to this divine realm trough portals. They will stay only a second inside. However, outside, Rider will have several minutes to prepare himself and take the opponent by surprise when they come out.
    As a side note, Otohime has a very ladylike personnality, rarely raising her voice or getting angry. Of the pair, she is the one who does most of the tactical thinking command Rider in battles. While she is often annoyed by his attitude, she is very affectionate and comprehensive toward him and trate him like a absent-minded husband.

Tamatebako
    ~ Box of sealed aging.
    (Anti-Unit, B)
    While Rider greatly enjoyed the pleasures of the underwater palace and the company of Otohime, he eventually asked to go back to the surface to see his aging mother. Otohime reluctantly agreed, giving him a box that would protect him from harm but that shall never open. When he arrived to land, he learned that three-hundred years has passed and that his mother died alone. Falling into despair, he opened the box and instantly aged three-hundred years. He heard the sorrowful voice of the princess telling him that it was the box contained his own true age.
    Now, Rider can summon the box to unleash it's terrible content on his opponents. When he open it when a enemmy is in close range, they will be engulfed by fog and will seem to have aged greatly and they will suffer a rank-down in all of their physicals stats.
    However, servant who were immunised in life to aging will be immune to the effects.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 8th, 2016 at 08:54 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alexecone: Interesting Servant up there. I heard of this guy before and even half-considered writing him up a few times, but ultimately never got around to it.

In any case, your take on him is certainly good. Giant turtle mounts are rather rare in myth (only one I ever found was Sciron, and even that was stretching the legend somewhat) so his Otohime NP is certainly nice to see. I like that you gave her a human form and sentience as well, since that's something you rarely see around here either. Her personality sounds like it'd bounce off of Taro's own nicely, and I could easily imagine all kinds of amusing back-and-forth banter between the two of them.

His legend reminds me quite a bit of Oisin's (a Servant I did not long ago), with the whole '3 days inside, 300 years outside' thing. In fact, Oisin's legend had precisely the same amount of years/days too. Rather striking given that they're from wildly different locations geographically and there couldn't exactly have been much cultural cross-contamination in that era (at least, that I know of). Maybe something about the number 3 is just compelling to a wide range of cultures? Or I'm reading in patterns where their aren't any...

In any case, I ended up digressing a bit (or a lot) but overall I quite liked your sheet. I can't help but think of him as a bit of a cross between Oisin and my revised Gideon sheet, with Otohime fulfilling the 'Divine Spirit tagging along as a cute girl who nags but secretly cares for him' quotient. (Having Gabriel tag along with Gideon in chibi form was actually one of the ideas I'm proudest of when it comes to Servant-crafting. But enough talking about myself...)

If I had one criticism, it's that I don't think he really needs the Dragon Riding Skill. While it's true that Riding's default description makes an exception for the Dragon-Kind, Martha's A++ Riding is apparently enough for her to mount dragons so I don't think another Skill just for that purpose is really necessary. Chalk it up to Nasu being inconsistent...

Fate seems to follow the D&D approach to stats. CON/END is your vitality. It says how much you can run without getting exhausted, how long you can hold your breath, how well you resist poisons & diseases, etc.
    Well, if you're certain it doesn't have anything to do with resisting or enduring physical damage (that is, Damage Reduction, Hit Points or a combination of both), that's fair.