Page 256 of 858 FirstFirst ... 156206246251254255256257258261266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PBlades View Post

Heroic Spirit John Snow (started eradication of small pox)
    I'd say that destroying an ancient and ravenous god that preyed on humanity for millennia qualifies as Heroic Spirit material, but maybe that's just me being a silly moderner.

Really, I just wanted an opportunity to post up that article. It's really cool, and shows the modern day is far from incapable of building its own myths.

Also, I know I said that it'd be a while before I started working on Seth, but... I've already started working on him (gotten the Skills and first NP pretty much done). Expect him sometime in the next few days.

Have you seen Extra History on him? Good stuff. I've had him on the backlog as Heroic Spirit for a while now.

Class: Archer
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Source: Fairy Tales
    Place of Origin: France
    Rarity: ★★

Height & Weight: 190 cm, 101 kg
    Dislikes: Not getting his way
    Talents: Expectorating
    Natural Enemy: Gilgamesh, Primate Murder
    Attribute: Human
    Element Affinity: Fire

Personality: Archer is strong and handsome, and he leveraged these traits to a position of popularity and importance. A narcissist who sees himself as superior to everyone around him, he is boorish, uncultured and chauvnistic. Nevertheless, he is charismatic, brave and resourceful; he is not afraid to take on the beast that casts a shadow of fear over his village.

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LUK: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:

Independent Action: D

Magic Resistance: B (D)
    Despite living during the resurgence era of Witchcraft, Archer has a poor innate level of Magic Resistance. Double Ranked-Up due to the passive effects of his NP.

Personal Skills:

Folk Hero: A+
    The basis of his inclusion in the throne of hero. This unique skill encompasses Charisma: C and increases damage dealt and critical chance to beings with the attribute <<Enemy of Common>>; tyrants, monsters, and beings of the Outside; creatures in exclusion of the will of the World.

Clairvoyance: C+
    Capable of firing with pin-point accuracy at tiny points of weakness.

Familiar Destruction: A
    An absolute authority on the destruction of familiars -- Shikigami, Totem, Poppet and Ushabti alike are dispelled and return to ambient prana instantaneously. Highest ranking familiars such as Servants or Sacrament spirits suffers a Ranked-Down to their highest parameter, increased damage and suffocating pressure. This is due to the nature of the Servant container; as such, defensive skills and NP are bypassed.

Natural Body: C
    Archer is treated as if his STR is always Ranked-Up. Furthermore, even without training, he's still beyond brawny. No matter how many raw eggs he ingests, his body shape will only bulk up.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:

Fake Shield of Promised Absolution
    Aegis Replica

Anti-Unit
    Rank A

A replica of the
    shield
    animal skin
    given to Perseus by Athena. Archer's cape of treated leather skinned from phantasmal beasts gave him the defensive power of a steel wall over 4" thick, as well as the capabilities of reflecting the effects of Mystic Eyes. Activation of the NP creates a field of <<Magic Cancel>> around the cape, where even Magic from Age of Gods dissipates; the fervent wishes of mankind for a saivor. The hearthfire, the blanket, the soothing voices of loving parents -- the absolute antithesis to fear of the Dark and Powerful.

Gouging Sword of the Cornered Man
    Fragarach Replica

Anti-Unit, Anti-NP
    Rank B

The actualization of the desperate struggle of the weak to live for even a moment longer. With a scent of rosebushes, the activation returns the damage dealt to Archer to its source, the armaments of his enemies. As a technique, it is even more useless than Verg Avesta, only suitable for hindering usage of his enemies' trump cards.

Legend:
    Spoiler:

Faceclaim: He possessed a muscular build, a cleft chin, and icy blue eyes. He wore red tailcoat trimmed with gold fabric and dark tights, as well as a cape of treated leather.
    Spoiler:

No one's Servant like Gaston.

Gaston III de Foix-Béarn was a hunter and folk hero who lived and died in a French rural village during the resurgence Age of Witchcraft. An anomalous renaissance of mysteries well into the Age of Man, the old protectors of humanity, the kings and sons of Gods, has waned in power much faster than the oldest and strongest Beasts. It is during this perilous period that men like Gaston stepped forward to protect the helpless villagers huddled in their flimsy barricade and flickering torchlights from the depredations of beings far more powerful than they. Morality, agenda nor authenticity doesn't matter – Gaston embodies the transitional hero in the period between heroes as legendary entities that acted as Opposing Power against otherworldly intelligence and as the countless humans who stood against daily threat of the world's destruction. To use an analogy, he is the person at the chronological midpoint between Hercules and the World's Strongest Bodybuilder.

The basis of the legend of this particular incarnation originated in La Belle et la Bête, a traditional fairy tale written by French novelist Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve. While the suitor didn't appear in this version of the tale, the Beauty and her sisters were initially in opposition to the Beast.

Gaston failed in his quest, but his strong personality is enough to serve as an anchor to the numerous nameless wraiths that replicated his feats.

Note:
    Spoiler:
    If you drew Archer, you really should consider praying at a shrine – well, unlucky in game, lucky in love, right? He has all the ego of the King of Heroes with a sliver of his competence. As a Hound of Alaya, he was only deployed to counters a specific threat to humanity – his versatility is low, but his precision is high. He wields a smallsword and insists that he is a Saber "because it's the best class and I'm the best hero!"; he is practical enough to use his blunderbuss in combat, however. Archer is deliberately designed to have the toolkits to have the slimmest chances of taking on Top-class servants. He is defensive in nature and only capable of fighting through exploitation. Familiar Destruction is 100% because the Beast had talking furniture.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Oh you want them to be weaker? Just cite the part why they are weak physically, like sickness or fail to do something that involve physical thing, now you get your excuse to make them weak. There isn't such thing that justified them to be weak? Then don't make them weak.
    .... no, I'm saying they don't deserve to have E-rank endurance, I'm arguing that the fact that they are Sabers and have a legend that's pretty damn famous, should justify above E-rank endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post

k, I'll remember that next time so modern he's from the future EMIYA comes up, with his C rank, which is also higher than Age of Gods David's D.

Besides what everyone else is pointing out, Wraith =/= bad stats, it's just a source as to where the Servant is from, like how there are also Divine Spirit Servants, Heroic Spirit Servants, and Guardian Spirits. You say "besides Kojirou" but he's not some anomaly or something. He's literally some farmer dude that did nothing but swing a sword around all the time. That's even less than a Gilles who was actually famous.

Yes, of course, there are tons of heroes out there with better stats, why didn't I think of that?????

The point being that the age they are from actually has less to do with their stats than you seem to think. Age is a factor, but not some sort of end-all. You're going to find Age of God heroes with shit stats and abilities and modern heroes with great stats and abilities. Yeah, it's good to have some guidelines that older should mean better or that melee types might have better physical stats, but there's no hard and fast rule there.
    Counter-Guardian. Can't really say that his example would apply to a servant like the Three Musketeers.

Divine Spirit servants are supposed to be comepletly impossible in lore. But FGO, so everyone does it. Koujirou's an anomaly, because literally his entire existence should have been impossible, because he had no fame, had a single impossible technique, and the person he was summoned as isn't even exist. He's about as anomalous as you can get.

Alright, then in which case, that still doesn't justify the Three Musketeers having E-rank endurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    If I understand him correctly, he's saying the only reason Medusa has Endurance E is because of Shinji being a shitty Master, and would thus qualify as a "cripple" for his "only Casters and cripples should have Endurance E" belief.
    Again, that statement was exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Heroic Spirits are an existence that alters the course of fate, which in the past meant "people with the superhuman capabilities to overturns fated events."; however, due to modern world's fact that it is far easier to destroys the world but for the actions of everyday people, something like preventing the destruction of the world is no longer enough to qualifies one as a Heroic Spirit.

The Throne of Heroes system, will of Gaia or will of Humanity that plucks people away to be Heroic Spirit are rather vaguely defined, but shouldn't this means that people who legitimately did something unprecedented, even one born after 1900, should qualify as a Heroic Spirit?

Heroic Spirit John Snow (started eradication of small pox), Frank Butler (inspired Dune Butlerian Jihad), Leonard Kleinrock (initial idea of the Internet) Edward Snowden (whitsleblower), et cetra. I'm sure there are other, better examples.

Hypothetical Heroic Spirit A/B/C/D who cured cancer, created the first AI, destroyed the first AI, spearheaded the preservation of rainforests.

...well, there's the mystery factor, which I think is just straight up power boost. These people should still qualify as low-power Heroic Spirit, right?
    Mystery is just "people believe in these legends, so they get a power boost". Also, according to Nasurules, humans are constantly decreasing in power as more are born, because fewer humans means more concentrated Alaya or whatever, which makes Humans in the AoG and after stronger than modern ones. Which also gets conflated with Mystery.

its weird.

Personally, I think that if you did something notable, that by conventional logic a human shouldn't be able to do, you qualify. Because "you can't use modern weapons to get in because anyone can use a modern weapon" is silly. Anyone can use a spear with sufficient training, just like anyone can use a gun. Or a sword.

JP Friend Code
    That is uh, not what mystery is.

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    That is uh, not what mystery is.

Im fairly sure Mystery is either related to how famed or renowned something is, Or it has something to do with Nasu's "everything old is superior to everything new" deal.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    Counter-Guardian.
    Again, this has nothing to do with what their stats look like.

Divine Spirit servants are supposed to be comepletly impossible in lore.
    No?

Koujirou's an anomaly, because literally his entire existence should have been impossible, because he had no fame, had a single impossible technique, and the person he was summoned as isn't even exist. He's about as anomalous as you can get
    Okay, you have some things mixed up here.

Sasaki Kojirou definitely has fame. He also definitely exists.
    Farmer boy plays the roll of Sasaki Kojirou, because the one that exists does not fulfill the requirements.

Which again, is a case of, so what?

Say you have a bunch of kegs. One is labeled "Heroic Spirit." One is labeled "Wraith." One is labeled "Counter Guardian." One is labeled "Nature Spirit." One is labeled "still alive like Artoria." One is labeled "Whatever Scathach is." And so on. But they're all filled with the same beer. So when you fill up your glass container from one, the analogy being that this is the Servant container, you're getting the same stuff regardless of the source.

There is no particular rule that says "a wraith cannot have better stats than a genuine Heroic Spirit" or however you want to arrange that. The difference is not based on "well, this guy is more powerful, obviously he goes into this category, and this guy was crap, so to the other pile you go."

Alright, then in which case, that still doesn't justify the Three Musketeers having E-rank endurance.
    Doesn't particularly bother me. They're duelists and sharpshooters rather than spartan tanks or welsh half-dragons. And honestly, if they were, say, part of a story, it'd be an interesting idea, that they can't take a lot of damage so they have to make up for it in teamwork and wit and bravery and all that jazz.

- - - Updated - - -

Im fairly sure Mystery is either related to how famed or renowned something is, Or it has something to do with Nasu's "everything old is superior to everything new" deal.
    No. Mystery does gain power as it grows older, but that is not literally what it is. And Fame is how famed something is.

No?

Okay, you have some things mixed up here.

Farmer boy plays the roll of Sasaki Kojirou, because the one that exists does not fulfill the requirements.

Which again, is a case of, so what?

Say you have a bunch of kegs. One is labeled "Heroic Spirit." One is labeled "Wraith." One is labeled "Counter Guardian." One is labeled "Nature Spirit." One is labeled "still alive like Artoria." One is labeled "Whatever Scathach is." And so on. But they're all filled with the same beer. So when you fill up your glass container from one, the analogy being that this is the Servant container, you're getting the same stuff regardless of the source.

There is no particular rule that says "a wraith cannot have better stats than a genuine Heroic Spirit" or however you want to arrange that. The difference is not based on "well, this guy is more powerful, obviously he goes into this category, and this guy was crap, so to the other pile you go."

Doesn't particularly bother me. They're duelists and sharpshooters rather than spartan tanks or welsh half-dragons. And honestly, if they were, say, part of a story, it'd be an interesting idea, that they can't take a lot of damage so they have to make up for it in teamwork and wit and bravery and all that jazz.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Mystery does gain power as it grows older, but that is not literally what it is. And Fame is how famed something is.
    I literally said that his example doesn't apply to the Three Musketeers.

.... Divine Spirits can't be summoned, as far as I know.

Im not saying that, what I'm saying here is their endurance should be higher because of their Saber container and their Fame. That's it. Everything else is a really long digression between us and our argument going weird places.

It just feels silly for me to see the Three Musketeers be that low of an endurance. Meh, agree to disagree.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Except when they can

- - - Updated - - -

Heres the thing though.

As far as i know the Three Musketeers are generally portrayed as nimble, quick, swashbucklers.
    A stray bullet or a sword slash could kill them.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I literally said that his example doesn't apply to the Three Musketeers.
    But it does apply to this misconception you have that I am pointing out. I point out "modern EMIYA and his better stat than ancient David" and you say "Counter Guardian" like that is supposed to answer something. It doesn't.

Divine Spirits can't be summoned, as far as I know.
    You know that thing about how Nasu writes something as being impossible so that he can demonstrate how awesome it is when it does happen later?

Im not saying that, what I'm saying here is their endurance should be higher because of their Saber container and their Fame. That's it. Everything else is a really long digression between us and our argument going weird places.
    We actually have examples now of how the Saber class just can't fix everything, what with Gilles being really mediocre. Again, great as a guideline, not so much as a rule. Fame boosts are also weird and don't necessarily mean stat gains.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cursed Arm is also weird, and should not be relied on for anything of a benchmark.

No Name is also weird.

King Hassan is a Grand Assassin. And also stupidly OP. Beating Gawain and Ozy just means his Hax is ridiculous.

B-but Alchemists ARE magic! Wtf.
    but then you cant say wraiths cannot hack stuffs, because ALL wraiths are weird
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Heroic Spirit summoning is weird. Stop trying to cram everything into your arbitrary boxes.

Blog Entries
    Want to clarifiy something just for me to make sure

you are talking about this one right?
    Spoiler:
    "I am sure a man named Sasaki Kojirou existed. I am also sure that there was a swordsman who used Monohoshizao.But they are not the same person.
    A swordsman with the name Sasaki Kojirou is a fictional character created to be his enemy's foil."

"You area fictional heroic spirit?"
    "Yes, I am Sasaki Kojirou. It merely means that I am the best suited for this role.
    I do not have a name. I do not know how to read or write, and I was not fortunate enough to be given one."

"I am a phantom that was summoned just because I could execute Sasaki Kojirou's secret technique.
    As I am a false Servant, I cannot last long. Caster treated me as a disposable Servant because of that reason."

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    .... no, I'm saying they don't deserve to have E-rank endurance, I'm arguing that the fact that they are Sabers and have a legend that's pretty damn famous, should justify above E-rank endurance.
    Ok, I misunderstood this part. But still the whole wraith part you bring up is undeniably wrong.

And also...

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post

Heres the thing though.

As far as i know the Three Musketeers are generally portrayed as nimble, quick, swashbucklers.
    This should be enough to justify their E Rank Endurance. Class Container is also not absolute thing, every Saber would have B stats if the Container is absolute.

-----

Wait Castor, did the Japanese word of "phantom" that mentioned by Sasaki is the same as "phantom" in Shinjuku?

JP Friend Code
    亡霊=Wraiths like Hassan and Gakupo

幻霊=Phantoms like Doggo and Der Freischütz

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    亡霊=Wraiths like Hassan and Gakupo

幻霊=Phantoms like Doggo and Der Freischütz
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    it says bourei, not genrei

Thank you.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 15th, 2017 at 02:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    it says bourei, not genrei

- - - Updated - - -

welp, sniped

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Class: Archer
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Source: Fairy Tales
    Place of Origin: France
    Rarity: ★★
    Was this inspired by a certain Disney film perhaps? Iwas never expecting to see this guy and I gotta say it's fun. Thought he'd be a 1* though

I gave him a pity star because he's technically "Hero of an Era" type Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    If that was the only measure of durability is how they were portrayed, then someone like Achilles would have E-rank durability, because a stray bullet could kill him.
    But it does apply to this misconception you have that I am pointing out. I point out "modern EMIYA and his better stat than ancient David" and you say "Counter Guardian" like that is supposed to answer something. It doesn't.

You know that thing about how Nasu writes something as being impossible so that he can demonstrate how awesome it is when it does happen later?

We actually have examples now of how the Saber class just can't fix everything, what with Gilles being really mediocre. Again, great as a guideline, not so much as a rule. Fame boosts are also weird and don't necessarily mean stat gains.
    Fair enough.

*groans*

Fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    but then you cant say wraiths cannot hack stuffs, because ALL wraiths are weird
    We've been arguing this for entire pages, let's just move on.