Page 56 of 782 FirstFirst ... 6465154555657586166106156556 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Medea's High-speed Divine Words is only ranked A, btw.

That King of Myrmidons: Grace of Zeus does seem like an EX NP though.

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    *looks at Medea*

There I thought that it was EX, my bad, confusing with Nero's Imperial Privilege.

@Mellon:

I gave power to Aeacus's NP based on what he does. That guy can summon Myrmidons, of whom are included Achilles, Ajax and quite a few other greek badarses. Myrmidons are also often refered to as Greece's best warriors. Summoning a potentially immortal guy, a great archer, Ajax who had Rho Aias (we know what the immitated one can do... now think of the real Rho Aias) warrants an A++ already imo.

And that's not the only thing that he can call back. The entire army of Myrmidons that once existed can be called back forth. Of course, once a spirit is used once, it can't be used again, which is the balancing factor I kept in mind.

As for the fame issue, Aeacus is extremely famous in Greece AFAIK, since he is one of the 3 judges of hell. While people don't know him as a king outside too, most people have heard of the 3 Judges of Hell under Hades.

I did have a look again at the skills and compared them with Karma's (who's a bit similar, although Karma is much more OP imo), and do realize that they were a bit high though. So yeah, I did lower them a bit, but I still think that the EX Rank NP still has its worth.

Hell, the Ionian Guard wasn't that famous, largely being overshadowed by Alexander himself.
    As I said earlier, what Aeacus summons are FAMOUS HEROES, Achilles, Ajax, etc... It does hvae fame beyond it. They're all myrmidons after all.

P.S: Thank you Mel.
    Last edited by Yakumo-san; February 10th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    @Mellon:

I gave power to Aeacus's NP based on what he does. That guy can summon Myrmidons, of whom are included Achilles, Ajax and quite a few other greek badarses. Myrmidons are also often refered to as Greece's best warriors. Summoning a potentially immortal guy, a great archer, Ajax who had Rho Aias (we know what the immitated one can do... now think of the real Rho Aias) warrants an A++ already imo.

And that's not the only thing that he can call back. The entire army of Myrmidons that once existed can be called back forth. Of course, once a spirit is used once, it can't be used again, which is the balancing factor I kept in mind.

As for the fame issue, Aeacus is extremely famous in Greece AFAIK, since he is one of the 3 judges of hell. While people don't know him as a king outside too, most people have heard of the 3 Judges of Hell under Hades.

I did have a look again at the skills and compared them with Karma's (who's a bit similar, although Karma is much more OP imo), and do realize that they were a bit high though. So yeah, I did lower them a bit, but I still think that the EX Rank NP still has its worth.

Hell, the Ionian Guard wasn't that famous, largely being overshadowed by Alexander himself.
    As I said earlier, what Aeacus summons are FAMOUS HEROES, Achilles, Ajax, etc... It does hvae fame beyond it. They're all myrmidons after all.
    I dont think you understand. Alexander's "EX" is his entire army. Thousands of Heroic Spirits. The guys who conquered a huge chunk of the world, you know?

And saying Aeacus is "famous in Greece" is moot point. Herc does not classify for an EX NP. He has one B rank NP. No-one is more famous in Greece then Herc. Heck, Medusa/Jason/Perseus/Achillies is more famous then Aeacus. I just dont see how he would classify fame-wise for an EX NP, when guys who far outstrip him in feats and fame cannot get EX NPs.

Its the equivalent of me taking Red Horn and extrapolating mad EX rank NPs and skills to him (which is quite possible, considering his legends) even though he is a completely obscure mythological figure.
    Last edited by Mellon; February 10th, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

I am looking at Karna. I don't think that he's that well known throughout the world. He's mostly famous in india and with people who study indian mythology. Same goes for Aeacus.

As for Alexander's Army, it wasn't the Ionian Guard alone, he had a lot more alongside him. I am not denying that Alexander's feat himself are great, but I am pointing out that the Ionian Guard is generally taken as a whole together with his army. The people of the world know about Alexander and his army, not about Alexander and his Ionian Guard. The real Ionian Guard was of a size that was about 1600 to 2400 soldiers. His Army was a much larger part of his forces.

Hercules is famous, but I would like to remind you that his Nine Lives has been sealed. God-Hand wasn't his only Noble Phantasm. Who knows what power it could have had (thanks to it slaying the Hydra).

Medea has an EX skill btw, Argon Coin. Once again, sealed. The Colchis Dragon isn't that famous too.

P.S: YOU KNOW RED HORN?! MELLON, I WUV YOU.

Blog Entries
    I am looking at Karna. I don't think that he's that well known throughout the world. He's mostly famous in india and with people who study indian mythology. Same goes for Aeacus.

As for Alexander's Army, it wasn't the Ionian Guard alone, he had a lot more alongside him. I am not denying that Alexander's feat himself are great, but I am pointing out that the Ionian Guard is generally taken as a whole together with his army. The people of the world know about Alexander and his army, not about Alexander and his Ionian Guard. The real Ionian Guard was of a size that was about 1600 to 2400 soldiers. His Army was a much larger part of his forces.

Hercules is famous, but I would like to remind you that his Nine Lives has been sealed. God-Hand wasn't his only Noble Phantasm. Who knows what power it could have had (thanks to it slaying the Hydra).

Medea has an EX skill btw, Argon Coin. Once again, sealed. The Colchis Dragon isn't that famous too.

P.S: YOU KNOW RED HORN?! MELLON, I WUV YOU.
    Colchis Dragon gets EX because its a Dragon and in Nasuverse, Dragons are automatic rank EX. And Karna is way more famous. He is basically the Jason/Herc of India (a very very famous hero). Whereas Aeacus is a relatively minor hero, even in Greek mythology (there are quite a lot more famous figures then he is). Not to mention that India is much, much larger then Greece is (compare the population size) and Karna is more famous in Eastern countries then Aeacus is (he is definitely globally more famous then Aeacus). He is ridiculously famous (definitely Gil-level fame in the Asian countries).

And Nine Lives being EX is... unlikely. I doubt Shirou can trace a skill that is basically an EX rank NP. Not to mention that I dont see Nine Lives being more powerful then an Excaliblast.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    EX isn't a measure of power. It's an outlier, something that's either unique or too different to be measured.

The coin/fleece thing got EX because it can summon a dragon.

IH got EX because it's the summoning of multiple independent Heroic Spirits.

Ea got EX because it breaks reality.

Avalon got EX because it sticks you in an alternate world.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Hmmm speaking of EX, how would Pioneer of the Stars (EX) + Eye of Mind (True) (A) work?

Which is why I gave EX to the Myrmidons NP as well. I was mostly basing myself on the effect of the NP, and judged that the other NPs in the Nasuverse also work like that.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Anyhow, that was a joke, Apple. Seika has a silly reputation she has built for herself, whether she likes it or not. :P
    Shush you, I like Seika's expo-walls.

Well, not convincing. But that's the fate of servant sheets that features this type of Heroic Spirits. Well, I don't like reviving flames, but:

Thus were bornt he Myrmidons, the greatest warriors of Greece. many of the greatest heroes of the Trojan war and other myths were all Myrmidons, some of them include Achilles, Ajax, Peleus and Telamon.
    If I'm not wrong, all of the heroes you mention weren't created by Zeus during Eacos' era. Therefore, saying that Eacos can summon them is at least stretching his myth, if not just overpowering him.

In the end, I'd say it would be better to focus on heroic deeds that Eacos actually did (and that can attributed only to him), like making the Gods listening to him and becoming one of the judges of the Underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    EDIT: I do like the charsheet itself though. Very nice layout for the entire thing. Props for that.
    This.

Blog Entries
    Sherrin, you Greekophile. You comment on Aeacus but not Brynhilde? This is a slap to the face!

I just wanna hear you tell me how ridiculously I wanked it :3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    To classify for an EX rank NP, you need to have fame in addition to BS made up in your legend.
    I agree that EX gets thrown around too much when people start making their own Servants, but this is something you made up. There is no basis for it, don't act like it's true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I agree that EX gets thrown around too much when people start making their own Servants, but this is something you made up. There is no basis for it, don't act like it's true.
    I am sorry. It was my mistake.

Indeed, this is just my personal opinion. You are welcome to ignore it if you wish.

Blog Entries
    Everyone knows this guy.

Fake Assassin

STR: E
    CON: D
    AGI: E+
    MGI: E
    LCK: C

Skills:

Presence Concealment
    -
    Presence Concealment is the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common skill to the Assassin class. The shepherd boy does not possess any such ability, therefore he is granted a null rank.

Fibber
    E-
    The propensity for misleading others. It is a double-edged sword, because the better the person is at this skill, the more they can get away with; however, the bigger the lie, the greater the credulity that is lost when they are found out.
    At this rank, the servant is incapable of, too arrogant or too stupid to get away with even a simple lie. It greatly enhances the negative effects suffered when the servant is found out, and makes their words even more disbelievable.
    Numerically, it provides a static reduction of 3% credibility to all statements made by the servant every time they are found out.

Noble Phantasm:

Aesop's Fable: The Boy Who Cried Wolf
    B+

An intangible Noble Phantasm that manifests in the servant's words and actions. This Noble Phantasm embodies the attitude of a pure liar.

Its true strength lies in its ability to alter the perceptions of everyone who hears the lies proclaimed by its owner. Its absolute effect is invoked when the same mistruth is told thrice. The lies do not have to be subsequent, but they must be in the exact same words. Otherwise, this Noble Phantasm's effect will not trigger.

With every invocation of the same lie, the credibility of the statement is reduced by a third. It is an effect granted by the perceiver's own brain; this Noble Phantasm merely exacerbates that effect and assures the certainty of the target's incredulity.

By the third count, the effective credibility of the lie is zero- therefore, all targets will not believe anything proponing the pertinent idea even if it proves genuine, or if the stimulus is offered by their own senses.

Although seemingly useless, the Noble Phantasm's effects apply not only to the lie in question, but all non-truths involved. Therefore, it is possible to announce to a witness that 'servant assassin is at the Tosaka Manor' three times in a row when he is not there; henceforth, servant assassin will never be acknowledged by that person within the Tosaka Manor even if he walks in in broad daylight. The effects of this Noble Phantasm are permanent, and cannot be removed unless its owner has been slain.

True Name: None; the shepherd boy in Aesop's Fables.
    Last edited by Apple; February 10th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Sherrin, you Greekophile. You comment on Aeacus but not Brynhilde? This is a slap to the face!

I just wanna hear you tell me how ridiculously I wanked it :3
    I'll be honest, the almost-wall-of-text scared me.

Ok, let's see... *search "bryn"*...

Well, IMO, it's not like you exactly ""fanwanked" her. More like you gave her more credit than, say, I would have. EAM, HSDW, ME... are all things she might have (although maybe at those levels) if you twist her legend a bit, and this is not necessarily a bad thing.

Blog Entries
    Curse my feeble human carelessness, I fucked up the example in the NP's description. It should be fixed now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    I'll be honest, the almost-wall-of-text scared me.
    It's not thaaaat big. :3

Well, IMO, it's not like you exactly ""fanwanked" her. More like you gave her more credit than, say, I would have. EAM, HSDW, ME... are all things she might have (although maybe at those levels) if you twist her legend a bit, and this is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Pretty much, yeah. I was going through things that stuck out to me as things that could be cool skills and stuff, then I took the concepts of said skills and made them more powerful than they should be. It was a fun experience.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    It's not thaaaat big. :3
    I said "almost"~ .

It was a fun experience.
    Making servant sheets is funny. Until you reach the point where every time you hear of a new hero your first thought is "Mh, this would be a skill or a NP?". That point means you're completely addicted to T-M.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Making servant sheets is funny. Until you reach the point where every time you hear of a new hero your first thought is "Mh, this would be a skill or a NP?". That point means you're completely addicted to T-M.
    It's so sad yet so true.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hello, first post.
    This is a Servant from the Hervarar Saga of my homeland. I designed him around being really weak without Mad Enhancement. In essence he is an inferior Hercules from FSN, which is kinda sad. Probably has the best synergy with the Berserker class out of any servant.

Personal Information:

Class: Berserker
    Heroic Spirit: Angantyr (The 1st)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil (Mad)
    Height: 197 cm
    Weight: 93 kg

Parameters:

STR: C (A+) ^3
    AGI: D (A) ^3
    END: D (A) ^3
    MGI: E (C) ^2
    LCK: E (C) ^2
    NP: A+

Details:

The eldest of the twelve sons of Arngrim and as such he was granted the family heirloom, a sword named Tyrfing. Arngrim, who had acquired the sword after killing king Svarflami, sadly had no idea how powerful and vile the curse on the blade was.

Angantyr and his eleven brothers grew up to become some of the most feared berserks in all of Scandinavia. They offered their services to whoever paid them well enough and continued to spread terror in the north.

One year during Yule, the next eldest son, Hjörvard, became obsessed with the idea of marrying Princess Ingeborg, the daughter of King Yngve of Sweden. The mercenary band then departed to Uppsala, where Hjörvard proposed to the maiden. However, then one of Yngve’s champions, the famous Hjalmar, objected, claiming that he was more fit for the princess rather than a mere berserkr. Ygnve, fearing that the berserks wrath might be unleashed if he objected, proposed that Ingeborg herself should decide. As it would be, she choose Hjalmar, causing Hjörvard to almost burst out in a mad rage, but managing to contain himself, instead choose to challenge Hjalmar to a duel on Samsö, and claimed that Hjalmar would soil his honor if he did not show up.

Naturally, as it was twelve against one, Hjalmar decided to ask his friend Orvar-Odd the Norwegian for help. When the two arrived at the island together with two crews of brave soldiers, the twelve berserks entered their famous rage and slew all the crewmen but Hjalmar and Orvar. The two of them decided that Hjalmar would fight Angantyr while Orvar took care of the eleven younger brothers. Angantyr and Hjalmar fought long and hard, but eventually the mad rage began to take its toll on Angantyr’s body, which gave Hjalmar the opportunity to deal a killing blow, but right as he did, the cursed blade Tyrfing struck out, mortally injuring Hjalmar as well. As Orvar returned, having slain the rest of the eleven berserks, he found Angantyr dead by the feet of the mortally wounded Hjalmar. It had been a double knock out. After a last talk with his dying friend, Orvar then buried all the berserks together with the cursed sword, so that it would never harm anyone again.

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: A (A+)
    Increases all parameters twice, at the cost of all sanity. Unlike the A-ranked Mad Enhancement, which turns the Servant into an unthinking machine, at this rank all thought is replaced with unstoppable bloodlust. On his own, Angantyr’s rank in this skill is A, but as he always draws the Noble Phantasm “Tyrfing” when he enters his rage, the rank is effectively A+.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation: B
    The persistence in continuing battle uninhibited by injuries. At this rank, wounds carry no detrimental effect in battle unless they are fatal. It also has the bonus effect of making it possible to retreat and return safely after a decisive defeat.

Berserkr: B
    The instinctual knowledge ingrained into the body of a berserkr, a class of warrior whose fighting style revolved around going mad with rage. Indeed, rather than restrict a berserkr's talents, Mad Enhancement actually allows them. At this rank, under the effects of Mad Enhancement, it is still not possible to back down, defend or retreat without the supervision of the Master. However, access to basic combat skills becomes possible, along with the Berserkr-exclusive suicidal tactics, born from strategically utilizing the pain ignoring effects of Mad Enhancement. In addition, allows the Servant to somewhat control Mad Enhancement’s active period.

Self-Modification: D
    The aptitude to merge one’s own flesh with the body parts of others. At this rank it can be used to consume the flesh or blood of other animals to regenerate from injuries and regain vitality. The higher the rank of this skill, the farther away one is of being a proper hero. Thanks to the Berserkr skill, this degree of Self-Modification is now possible to use under the effects of Mad Enhancement. This skill is born from the how the Berserks drank the blood of the animals they imitated to draw forth strength.

Noble Phantasm:

Spirit of the Raging Beast
    Fylgja

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: 1

It was said that the Berserks walked into battle not with armor like the ordinary soldier, but with the pelt from a wolf or a bear. Some even attest that standing before a berserkr was more like standing before a beast than a man, in more than one respect.

Fylgja covers all of Angantyr’s body and is composed of both the hide of a wolf and a bear, instead of one or the other. Inside the hide is the spirit of these two animals. It twists and warps the appearence of its owner beyond that of a man, their appearance becoming more akin to a two-legged beast.

When adorning Fylgja, the berserkr would “blunt the weapon in his gaze” and gain “the ferociousness of the animal itself”. In effect, this Noble Phantasm gives Angantyr a rank-up to STR, AGI and END when worn, but does not confer any AC whatsoever.

Finger of the War God
    Tyrfing

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Maximum Targets: 1

A red and crude looking cursed blade.

It was forged at the behest of king Svafrlami by two dwarfs he had captured. As vengeance for his cruelty, they cursed the blade to always claim a life each time it was unsheathed so that it would be the cause of three great evils.

The second part of the curse has already expired, but Tyrfing still cannot be drawn without itching for another man’s life. This curse causes the blade to become impossible to sheath until at least one person has perished. It imposes an equivalent to A-ranked Mad Enhancement on its wielder and its power as an ancient curse is mystical enough that under its influence, the wielder of Tyrfing will ignore all feedback from the Master, even those conveyed through command seals. The curse will only cease after the blade has slain one person, which allows it to be sheathed again, should its wielder choose as such.

Its capabilities as a sword is also near unmatched. It was forged to be hotter than the core of the earth, as the mere unveiling of the sword causes the water in the air to start evaporating. It is this property that makes the blade extremely sharp, so sharp, that even opposing Noble Phantasms risk being destroyed when clashing against Tyrfing. Noble Phantasm of lower mystery and of C rank of lower will break very easily; Noble Phantasm at the rank of B will risk being chipped down after continuous clashes while Noble Phantasm at the rank of A will be able to completely resist the effects, independent of mystery. Noble Phantasms that carry concepts connected to indestructibility will naturally resist this effect independent of their rank.

It is an unnatural Noble Phantasm that seems to carry no invocation.

Analysis:

PROS
    1. Incredibly high stats when using Mad Enhancement.
    2. With Tyrfing it becomes possible to easily defeat Heroic Spirits with low-ranked Noble Phantasms.
    3. Angantyr is good at not dying, despite his self-destructive tendencies, due to a combination of high END, Battle Continuation and Self-Modification
    CONS
    1. Because of Angantyr’s bad MGI stat and high-ranked Mad Enhancement, he is an incredible Prana hog and requires a very talented master to realize his full potential.
    2. Almost impossible to control with such a high ranked Mad Enhancement, with Tyrfing’s curse making it even worse. Going into battle together with this Servant is an enormous risk, as he is very likely to kill you if he fails in slaying his target.
    3. Tyrfing has no “finishing move” activated through invocation of its true name.

Note: Updated this months after the original post was made, mostly a rewrite of the text, not many actual changes, but still, the discussion that ensues after this might not be entirely context proof.
    Last edited by Petrikow; June 10th, 2012 at 03:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Pretty cool idea, I think Tyrfing is a bit overpowered though. There is a load of stuff below A+, so the ability to break them all would in itself be a massive advantage.