Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills:

Riding: A+
    All creatures, including those on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule: A
    Money problems are completely unknown.

Guardian Knight: C
    Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.

Noble Phantasms:

La Black Luna: The Magic Flute that Calls Panic
    Type: Anti-Army
    A horn that strikes fear into the hearts of all who hear its sound, prompting instinctive escape. Does not affect Heroic Spirits with magical resistance, but normal magi, Master's included, are not immune to its influence. Normally a small horn that hangs from the Servant's belt, it increases in size when activated, becoming large enough to enclose the Servant. Given to the Servant by the good witch Logestila of Avalon as a means to remove a large flock of harpies.

Rabicano: The Faithful Steed of Fire and Wind
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A magical horse that treads so lightly that it doesn't leave footprints in the sand, it's said that when it runs at full speed it can run faster than a bullet. While summoning a legendary beast is an ability rivaling that of a Noble Phantasm, it is done independently as Rabicano was Rider's steed during his life. Summoned by taking his sword, and slashing, making the Pattern of a Cross before him, the horizontal slash taking the form of a gust of wind, the vertical slash taking the form of a line of fire, Rabicano emerges from the Sigil, the muscular build of a war-horse, with hooves enveloped by tempest winds, drawing a flaming golden chariot. While mounted atop the chariot, Rider's speed increases by one rank. The attack itself comes from the blindingly fast charge of the horse, moving like a bullet to mow down it's Master's target. Each of the four hooves, enveloped by hurricane-force winds strike down the opponent, and the flaming wheels of the chariot roll over the knocked over opponent. Imagine being in the path of a hurricane made of flaming gasoline.

Real Identity:
    Twelfth Paladin of Charlemagne, Duke Astolfo. In the Charlemagne Legend, he is the son of an English king Otto, and one of Charlemagne's twelve faithful Paladins. He is beautiful beyond all compare, but he is also a frightfully unparalleled blabbermouth, prone to speaking on and on until those involved lose all rationality. His conversations, through no ill intent on his part, have a way of meandering toward maximum social awkwardness. His hobby of adventuring gets himself mixed up in an assorted amount of mischief due to him constantly popping up everywhere. He states that his hair ornaments, which seem like something a princess would wear, are an "irresistible proof of friendship" that he uses to restore peace to his depressively mad boon ally, Orlando. Despite being of the Rider class, he is quite adapt at using a sword.

---

When I'm feeling more creative, I'll recreate Astolfo as a Lancer.
    Last edited by NZXT; May 16th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Someone make a Servant status for Sion/Vampire Sion as I have no idea how to even write it or what class she belongs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    You'd have to first figure out that the actual Prester John wasn't a very legendary figure - something Karna's skill might be able to do - and then you'd have to figure out how exactly a normal person managed to have that sort of legend built around him. Which could be done by finding one of Prester John's letters, or doing heavy research.

Of course, things like Information Erasure make that difficult. He's definitely a tricky Servant to completely pin down, and at the same time he's only as powerful as you let him become.
    Karna was going to be the overpowered final boss of Fate/Stay Night if Nasu hadn't liked the name Gilgamesh more. Believe Karna would figure out absolutely everything about your pitiful fan Servant the moment he laid eyes on him and weep at your insignificance.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Alrighty. Here's another Servant but from good ol' Arabia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scheherazade, Queen of Stories
    Servant: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Statistics

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Magic: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: E-A++

Skills and Abilities

Divine Beauty: D
    Eye of the Mind (False): D
    Eye for Art: B
    Rebellious Fate: A
    Territory Creation: E

Noble Phantasm

Arabian Nights One Thousand and One Stories
    Type: Support/Anti-Personnel/Battalion/Army

Stories are said to have a certain magic that transcends the fabric of time and space. Caster understood this truth and uses it to her advantage. With this Noble Phantasm, Scheherazade is able to call upon the 1001 tales and pull them into reality for a limited amount of time. From magical carpets capable of flight to Aladdin and his Magical Lamp and even to demons of Antiquity lore; Caster has dominion and control over them all. The only drawback would be that they are only materialized for a short amount of time and once the subject has been summoned, it cannot be summoned again. Because what is the use of telling the same story over and over again?

Scheherazade is the legendary Persian queen who put herself in harm's way to stop a mad king from killing off anymore of his wives. Every night, she'd begin to tell a story for the king. Stories ranging from somber romances, daring adventures, mystical tall tales, and fantastic epics; yet, she would never end them. She always ended the stories early with promises of another tale the next night. The king was enraptured with them and delayed her execution for 1001 nights until they eventually married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There we go! Questions or comments, even outraged objections?
    I was recently going over what Servant I would want the most if it came down to choosing only one, and MssrNeko's Scheherazade has to be my #1 favorite.
    Though I would change one or two things, at least stat-wise...
    This is just wonderful. Seriously. ^^

@NZXT: Nice job on Astolfo there. ^^
    *has an askblog for him and does a little RPing there and with friends*
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 16th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Assassin (Fake)

STR: E
    END: A++
    AGI: C
    MAG: E
    LUK: E

Abilities:

Presence Concealment

The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common skill to the Assassin class.
    Suitable for spying. An ability granted by a certain ring, it also allows for limited invisibility.

Pyromancy

The ability to wield fire-element magic. It is an abberation, as the damage functions independently of prana. Assassin possesses a total of two 'slots' within which a limited number of spell casts can be placed. Slots may be increased in number, but only by consuming the soul of a slain servant before it returns to the Grail.

Backstabbing

A skill which exemplifies exceptional aptitude in critical attacks from the rear. Such attacks are unblockable once they land, and deal a huge amount of damage. At this rank, the world 'delays' the visual, auditory, olfactory and physical cues emitted by assassin by anywhere between 2-10 seconds. Therefore, it becomes possible to run directly into a foe and appear to be beside, in front of them or several metres away facing the opposite direction just before landing a fatal backstab. A dual edged sword, the foe may also be influenced by this delay and register a lagged image within Assassin's senses. Nonetheless, when the backstab is made, the 'lag' is erased from the world, causing enemies to be warped back anywhere between 1-80 metres to be impaled in the rear.

However, it is possible to prevent damage by simultaneously backstabbing the delayed image of assassin or striking him in the midst of one.

Noble Phantasms

Darksign: Bringer of the age of Man

A mark possessed by the descendants of the furtive pygmy. Passively, anyone branded with the darksign, a shard of the dark soul, cannot be killed so long as they have rested at a bonfire prior. The estus within the flames will reconfigure their bodies upon death, devoid of souls and humanity. It is a curse which simply 'does not allow its user to die'. Additionally, parameters may be modified by consuming certain quantities of human or servant souls. Servant souls possess higher values, and allow for greater self-enhancement.

Hornet Ring: Bane of Chivalry
    A unique ring once possessed by the lord's blade Ciaran, lain upon the great knight Artorias's tomb. It grants a bonus to all critical attacks, including backstabs and ripostes. A deadly artifact indeed, for in the hands of one who can exploit the foe's senses and delay perception, the ring's boost consistently assures instant death on the inexperienced.

Mask of the Mother

A grotesque piece of facewear that enhances survivability. It increases the total vitality of its user by a fair margin. Once possessed by a certain catacombs necromancer, it is now an obstruction to anyone who would attempt to kill Assassin.

True identity:
    The Dark Lord
    Last edited by Apple; May 16th, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yay, Astolfo's cute to see fleshed out! Some of my favorite Apocrypha characters are doomed to being forever incomplete, which made me sad, so it's nice to see them 'finished up' so to speak. I like the mount you gave him, though his Personal Skills feel a little sparse, considering only one of them has an actual IC application.

It feels like he'd benefit from one more, even if it's something silly, like a conversational ability related to his blabbermouth description. Just something he can actually use, since Golden Rule never really seems to actually come up.

...I don't recognize the Assassin, I'll be honest, but that's certainly a mean one. I've never seen one whose kill method was a Personal Skill instead of a NP. ^^;
    Last edited by Sunny; May 16th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Signature by fumato

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Karna was going to be the overpowered final boss of Fate/Stay Night if Nasu hadn't liked the name Gilgamesh more. Believe Karna would figure out absolutely everything about your pitiful fan Servant the moment he laid eyes on him and weep at your insignificance.
    Karna would sit in a corner and go, "Maaaaaan, my life sucked. I don't feel like doing anything."

Silly Karna. His life sucked. Hard.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Karna would sit in a corner and go, "Maaaaaan, my life sucked. I don't feel like doing anything."

Silly Karna. His life sucked. Hard.
    Dude, don't be shit-talking Karna, yo. His life might have sucked, but at least he never gave up. He is by far the most interesting and admirable character in the Mahabharata!
    Krishna can go suck it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    ...I don't recognize the Assassin, I'll be honest, but that's certainly a mean one. I've never seen one whose kill method was a Personal Skill instead of a NP. ^^;
    Here's a video:

Blog Entries
    I continue in my quest to make a sane Herakles look like the most terrifying prospect ever to have fought in a Grail War!

Triple-Barbed God Killer
    ἐννέα ψυχαί

If ἐννέα ψυχαί・Shooting of One Hundred Heads is how Herakles' rise to fame began, this is how the hero would later wield the bow known as 'Nine Lives', giving him the right to be held amongst the greatest of all heroes. The adaptable nine shots are compressed into three, increasing its killing power to penetrate even the defences of the gods.

Indeed, since this was the technique by which Herakles most often conquered his divine enemies, the recreation of legend nullifies all godly protection and inflicts increased damage based on an enemy's aptitude as a divine spirit. However, even if the gods are the most at risk from such an assault, a mortal may also be in grave danger. Since the blood of Hades, the lord of plague and death, was spilt by the arrows, only power founded on the divine may heal these wounds.

As with ἐννέα ψυχαί・Shooting of One Hundred Heads, the wily ranger Herakles adapted this to a wide range of weapons in his lifetime, including his spear and club, so that a recreation of the legend is possible with any armament he might possess.

Range: 2-30
    Maximum Target: 3 people

Sources:
    Homer, Iliad, 5.392-404
    Suffer did Hera when the mighty son of Amphitryon
    shot her in the right breast with his arrow
    of three barbs: then too an incurable pain took hold of her.
    Suffer did Hades the mighty, like the rest, because of a swift arrow,
    when that man himself, the son of aegis-bearing Zeus,
    gave him pain with a shot amongst the dead at Pylos:
    but he came to Zeus' house and great Olympos,
    with his heart hurting, pierced by the pain: even though the arrow
    had been driven into his tight shoulder, and was harrowing his spirit.
    But for him Paieon sprinkled on the pain-killing herbs
    and healed it: for he had not been born as some mortal.
    A hard man, a worker of terrible deeds who did not care that he wrought godless evils,
    who with his arrows harrowed the gods who rule Olympos

Pindar, Olympian Ode 9.29-35
    Since how
    else might Herakles have brandished his club in his hands against the trident,
    when Poseidon was standing by Pylos and attacked him
    and the god attacked Herakles in the war with his silver bow -
    Phoibos did so – nor did Hades keep his sceptre in check,
    with which he leads mortal bodies on the hollow path
    when they die?

Seneca, Hercules Furens 558-65
    If only you were to overcome the laws of the wild Styx
    and the Fates' unchangeable distaffs.
    He who rules as king rules over many people,
    when you made for for Nestor's Pylos with war,
    joined in battle with you, brandishing
    in his plague-bearing hands the spear with triple points:
    he fled with a scratch, wounded,
    even the lord of death was afraid he might die.

Designer's Notes:
    1) Hahahaha, I love Herakles! And I really love making stuff up for him like this!
    2) Healing founded on divine power is probably not all that hard to come by in a Grail War, in actual fact. Anyone who's been taught healing by a god can do it; anyone who's got a healing artifact from the gods; anyone who regenerates based on some divine bloodline; any demi-gods with healing magic; and even any Church rite (or other magical foundations involving divinities) that involve healing. (Healing, healing, healing)
    3) Mind you, that does require you to even survive getting hit by this thing.
    4) ἐννέα ψυχαί = Nine Lives. In case you'd somehow missed figuring that out.
    Last edited by Seika; May 17th, 2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Tidying up translation formatting
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    ...I'll take that as me having horrible timing. Or my idea being uninteresting all around.
    Well, it's more that Icarus is weaksauce than your idea being bad. The kid didn't even make his wings and he's really only famous for being too stupid to listen to his genius father's advice. If the ray's of the sun can melt the wings then they are probably too fragile to hold up against any appreciable level of heat. I'd wager a strong enough gust from a wind spell would also destroy them. He literally has nothing but flight, and it's probably nowhere near as fast as any other means of flying we've seen in canon.

You probably could make a semi-decent Servant out of him (it can be done for almost anyone), but it would take a truckload of work and imagination/inspiration, so for most people it simply isn't worth the effort for a character most people really don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    *snip*
    Oh, Seika, how your mastery of Greek mythological literature enthralls me!

See, looking at the little debate a few pages back, this is why I couldn't get into the Manhatten Project, and I'm honestly glad I dropped it early when I did. Any incarnation of Herc (even the watered-down Disney version) being one-shotted by Napolean of all people is just painful to read for me. No offense, Five, I understand your reasoning/explanation behind it, but it just doesn't do it for me. In my eyes, someone whose really cool feats are limited solely to bossing other people around and making up lies about himself should never be able to compensate for centuries worth of people telling and exagerrating stories about legendary feats someone else actually performed. As much as I like to root for the little guy in most scenarios (Ha! I made a height pun!), I just can't buy into it here. It's just my personal feelings on the matter.

Edit: Changed my mind. If anyone saw my post as it originally was, I decided not to go ahead with my idea after learning a few new things about the character I was going to do.
    Last edited by G-Man; May 16th, 2012 at 04:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Oh, Seika, how your mastery of Greek mythological literature enthralls me!
    I try, I try.
    Actually, this really helps me. Going through Socrates' arguments about geometry or whatever is ... uninspiring for me. But if I can, of my own accord, just go find some mythological subject and translate bits on how many gods Herakles kicked the shit out of, that's fun!

Seriously, my edition of the Meno dialogue has fucking labelled diagrams of what Socrates is trying to explain. Ugggh! I'm an awful mathematician, that's why I do this bloody subject.

See, looking at the little debate a few pages back, this is why I couldn't get into the Manhatten Project, and I'm honestly glad I dropped it early when I did. Any incarnation of Herc (even the watered-down Disney version) being one-shotted by Napolean of all people is just painful to read for me. No offense, Five, I understand your reasoning/explanation behind it, but it just doesn't do it for me. In my eyes, someone whose really cool feats are limited solely to bossing other people around and making up lies about himself should never be able to compensate for centuries worth of people telling and exagerrating stories about legendary feats someone else actually performed. As much as I like to root for the little guy in most scenarios (Ha! I made a height pun!), I just can't buy into it here. It's just my personal feelings on the matter.
    This too.
    Last edited by Seika; May 16th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind that the guy was also being knocked around by Caesar, Aeneas, Alexander and Hector simultaneously before that. :P

He'd already lost several of his lives by that point. Really, no reason at all to drop the fic. 'Tis silly.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Zzz...pancakes...zzzz Wandering outlaw's Avatar
    Hey, what's going on?

Servant: Heracles

Stats

STR, MGI, AGL, END, LUK: HERACLES

NP: Typhon dick punching, A++++, anti-volcano

Once, there was this huge fuck off monster that the Earth crapped out to kill her rowdier Divine Spirits. So one of them, some asshole named Zeus, threw a mountain at that motherfucker and that was the end of that. THEN HERACLES ASCENDS TO THE PANTHEON. Suddenly, shit starts getting real, stars fall out of the sky, mothers fuck sons, whole nine yards. Typhon breaks free of the mountain.

Now Typhon, Typhon has a hundred dragon heads. That must also mean he has 2 hundred testicles. Heracles, being the pinnacle of the universe, figures this out and says that he can't shoot him with a bow or club him with a club or wrestle him with a wrestle. So instead, he punches the shit out of those balls. Like, genital juice is popping left and right, Typhon is in indescribable pain. Heracles gets down to two pairs of genitals, and uppercuts them. Typhon gets launched onto the moon, makes a huge crater and fills all the rest with dark stuff that scientists would later call basalt.

With people only possessing a pair of testicles, this technique is greatly reduced and instead only sends them halfway around the average length of a town. Against women, has a chance of uppercutting right through her vagina and instakilling her. Against someone with more than 2 hundred prized possessions, this technique really embodies its original legend.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Been sitting on this idea for awhile. Finally typed it up. :P

Not really sure how Servant-level OPness works out yet, but I think this is ok. <.<;

Class: Saber
    True Identity: Yagyuu Juubei
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats:

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: D
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Riding: B
    Most creatures and vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Demonic Beast and Holy Beast-rank creatures.

Magic Resistance: C
    Grants protection against magical effects. Different from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, the ability cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Mystic Eyes: A+
    Juubei possesses a rare and powerful form of Mystic Eyes which imitate the Moon Cell Automaton by perceiving and recording all information of the world. However, due to the limits of human ability, Juubei can not make full use of these eyes and can only process a limited amount of the information for a very limited. Furthermore, upon activation, the shere overflow of information recorded becomes exponentially stressful on both the mind and body as time goes on. According to Juubei, prolonged/repeated use of her Mystic Eyes will lead to "her soul burning out", her brain literally bursting, and instantaneous death.

In order to prevent this, Juubei utilizes a special eyepatch which acts as a Mystic Eyes Killer and limits her use to once every 4 days. Despite these drawbacks, her eyes can easily allow her to turn the tide of battle during the one safe turn she can use them. If Juubei knows what information she wants to pull from the world, she can focus her mind to sift through the massive amount of information to find that data within her allotted time.

As Mystic Eyes, Juubei's eyes possess the noble color of Gold.

Information Erasure: A-
    The removal of information regarding the Servant's true name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. At this rank, Juubei is able to effectively "disappear" from any and all records that she so chooses (as she did for 12 years of history). Even if one were to rely on something such as a camera, the natural phenomena surrounding Juubei would cause the camera to suffer technical difficulties. The effectiveness of this skill is cut in half when Juubei voluntarily gives her name though.

Eye of Mind (False): A
    An innate talent to sense and avoid danger based on intuition, that can also be called the Sixth Sense or prescience, gained through many ordeals and adventures. As a natural talent to avoid danger, it greatly differs from Eye of the Mind (True), which is danger avoidance that originates from “predictions augmented by experience”.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony: B
    Prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same opponent.

Noble Phantasms:

Juuchi Yosamu, Black Sword of Frigid Night
    Juuchi Yosamu (literally 10,000 Cold Nights) is the demonic black blade wielded by Juubei. It is described as a blood-thristy and evil blade which must draw blood each time it is drawn. Unlike most Noble Phantasms, the abilities of the sword are passive in nature. When using this sword, the blade cuts the opponent by "freezing" the flow of life and severing the body.What this means is that the blade freezes natural energies at the point of contact (preventing any kind of restoration) and cuts the body, creating a wound that will never heal. Even if the severed limb were to be surgically reattached, it would be impossible to use the limb normally as the wound is a suspension of time at the point of injury.

It should be noted that the effects of this curse are lessened when the wound is on a living body part and the inflicted has a high enough magical resistance. However, while the wound will slowly heal, it will never completely heal in one's natural life time and will cause them a great amount of pain. Only when the blade is broken (or in the case of the Grail War, the user defeated), can the curse be lifted.

In history, Juuchi Yosamu is a sword crafted by Muramasa to compete against his mentor, Masamune. At some point in time, Juubei came into possession of the sword and favored it for quite some time. According to Juubei, she used this sword during her rebellion against the Tokugawa Shogunate.

Yawarakai-Te, White Steel of the Gentle Cleave
    Yawarakai-Te (literally Tender Hands) is a holy, japanese sword wielded by Juubei. Unlike Juuchi Yosamu, Yawarakai-Te is a sword which is described as the finer of the two "as it does not needlessly cut that which is innocent and undeserving." It possesses a passive ability which prevents it from cutting anything which has caused no harm to man while dealing extra damage to those who have. Furthermore, the blade also possesses the ability to disperse the energy of all attacks and defenses which come into contact with its blade into the surrounding atmosphere. This not only makes the sword an excellent defensive tool (as it reduces attacks to less than standard physical force), but a fearsome offensive tool as well since it can bypass magical defenses with ease.

In history, Yawarakai-Te is the sword crafted by Masamune to compete against his student, Muramasa. At some point in time, Juubei came into possession of the sword and favored it for quite some time. According to Juubei, this was the sword she favored upon her return to the Tokugawa up until her death.

Tsukimi-no-Sho, Moon-Slaying Eye Killer
    Tsukimi-no-Sho is the name given to the unique eyepatch worn by Juubei. It is a special Mystic Eye Killer made from a leather strap wrapped through a sword guard. Unlike other Mystic Eye Killers, Juubei's eye patch only covers one eye, allowing her to keep her vision, but sealing her Mystic Eyes. The way this works is that the eye patch focuses the power of both eyes into a single eye and seals off only that one. Its abilities will remain in effect until Juubei removes the patch.

In history, Tsukimi-no-Sho is the name of the name of the treatise written by Juubei outlinning her school of swordsmanship and other teachings influenced by Takuan Souhou.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they really needed a Class for unarmed heroes like martial artists. Just dumping them into the Assassin Class isn't fair to them. Even heroes who had legendary weapons also had feats of unarmed prowess that were just as impressive as anything they did with a sword or bow.

Maybe Servant Striker or Servant Grappler? Give 'em some barehanded equivalent of Eternal Arms Mastery as a Class Skill and some new Class Skill that boosts their physical stats when fighting an armed foe barehanded. Heck, Gilgamesh and Herc both have impressive barehanded feats, so they'd qualify just as much as martial artists (Gilgamesh wrestled that giant bull; and in at least one version of Herc's legends he defeated the Nemean Lion, with it's hide that was invulnerable to weapons, by grappling the thing and bear-hugging it to death; plus, that thing with him holding up the world for Atlas). Pretty sure Samson would qualify too (his NP would be ripping out his opponent's jawbone and beating the poor schlub to death with it; the cheater).
    Unarmed martial arts tends to be more significant in East Asian folklore/culture than elsewhere. Asian legends were not really taken into account.

I mean, there are Greek heroes who were skilled in grappling and wrestling like Heracles, but that was hardly the sole source of his fame. And in cases where there isn't a famous weapon associated with them (Gilgamesh), Nasu just made a bunch of shit up.

Basically, Nasu's explanation is that the whole Fuyuki system was created by European/Russian magi, for themselves and not the quaint locals. So no kung fu heroes.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    That'd be reasonable except for the Assassin class, which pretty much explicitly restricts you to one of 19 Middle-Eastern dudes nobody actually knows. With that class in mind I think it was a bit silly that they/Nasu ignored that, given that the Tohsakas are actually Asian.

For RPs/face-to-face gaming I prefer to ditch Assassin and run with the more generalised Hunter, as well as a Striker class. And Monster, if there are more than 8 people wanting to play. Which is basically humans that were transformed involuntarily or permanently somehow.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Tohsaka are of European descent (that might just be Tokiomi, don't remember) and influence. Their magical tradition is clearly not native to Japan, and is probably related to whatever influenced them to be illegal Christians during the Tokugawa period.

Blog Entries
    That's a good point, though it still feels odd given their martial arts background.

I always sort of wonder why Nasu even set the "Hassan only" rule to Assassin, considering how often he and others writing in his universe would end up working around it.

Signature by fumato