Page 147 of 782 FirstFirst ... 4797137142145146147148149152157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    He looks awesome, Vagrant (a feral looking warrior wielding a literally massive spear with three huge chains attached to it makes for an incredible mental image; the fact that, judging by the wording of his Instinct Personal Skill description, he apparently uses the chains on the spear Kratos-style is just icing on the cake)!

Then my intended mental image has worked out perfectly. Great success!

However, I have some questions. I am a little confused as to how Gae Crimall works:

Firstly, why is it credited with taking Cormac's eye in its description when it was said in Buaibthech's description that it is the spear that took the king's eye?

It's basically because the attestations that have been found all say that Oengus took out the king's eye, but they're divided on which spear it was that he used. I went for the more direct physical impairment for the lesser-mentioned and less venerated spear, and a weird conceptual impairment for the more venerated spear that was at least once attested to be the same spear as the one of the War God.

One takes the target's eye, whilst the other spear strips them of their "heart", representing Cormac's loss of his kingship. Two results of the single act split across two spears.

Would a wound from the chains, shaft or butt of the spear count as well for Crimall's effect to activate, or does he have to nail you with the bladed tip of the spear?

Well, given that in the story it was actually the butt/chains that took out the eye it's pretty much any injury from any part of the spear as long as the "strike the heart" concept is invoked, which has to be done manually in much the same way as Gae Bolg. It's not a constant passive ability like the venom of Gae Buiabthech.

Whenever he wounds you with Crimall the target's conceptual "heart" is also injured, so, does this basically mean whatever they value the most also gets damaged?

I I am indeed understanding its effect correctly, how does the damage conversion work, cuz' he smashed the King's eye, but that's not fatal, and yet Cormac lost his right to be king, which was essentially the death of his kingship/"heart"?

It's designed as a more story-intended Servant than an RP-type Servant so this NP is one of those very Nasu-y unstructured effects that will kind of do whatever it needs to do within a vague framework. Using kingship as an example, a graze from this, which is not a major injury, would mirror itself as a graze on the kingship, which might be some rumblings of dissatisfation from the subjects, or a minor political scandal. Painful but not threatening.

The manifestation of destroying the heart is in how it caused him to lose his kingship because he became facially disfigured. The injury wasn't fatal to him, but it was fatal to his kingship since the laws of the time forbid him from being king with the injury. So the ability manifested out of the "losing his title" rather than the "losing his eye" in a sort of inverted cause/effect origin for the NP. It's all a bit murky but that's how I think things should be in the Nasuverse sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Then my intended mental image has worked out perfectly. Great success!

Great success indeed! It makes me wish I had even a thimble-full of artistic talent so I could try and draw him!

It's basically because the attestations that have been found all say that Oengus took out the king's eye, but they're divided on which spear it was that he used. I went for the more direct physical impairment for the lesser-mentioned and less venerated spear, and a weird conceptual impairment for the more venerated spear that was at least once attested to be the same spear as the one of the War God.

One takes the target's eye, whilst the other spear strips them of their "heart", representing Cormac's loss of his kingship. Two results of the single act split across two spears.
    I see, since history no longer remembers which spear did the deed, the feat gets attributed to both but in varying ways. It is indeed very Nasu-esque!

Well, given that in the story it was actually the butt/chains that took out the eye it's pretty much any injury from any part of the spear as long as the "strike the heart" concept is invoked, which has to be done manually in much the same way as Gae Bolg. It's not a constant passive ability like the venom of Gae Buiabthech.
    So he has to call out its name, which would give away his identity even if his almost ridiculously stylized spear and chains didn't on sight; gotcha.

It's designed as a more story-intended Servant than an RP-type Servant so this NP is one of those very Nasu-y unstructured effects that will kind of do whatever it needs to do within a vague framework. Using kingship as an example, a graze from this, which is not a major injury, would mirror itself as a graze on the kingship, which might be some rumblings of dissatisfation from the subjects, or a minor political scandal. Painful but not threatening.

The manifestation of destroying the heart is in how it caused him to lose his kingship because he became facially disfigured. The injury wasn't fatal to him, but it was fatal to his kingship since the laws of the time forbid him from being king with the injury. So the ability manifested out of the "losing his title" rather than the "losing his eye" in a sort of inverted cause/effect origin for the NP. It's all a bit murky but that's how I think things should be in the Nasuverse sometimes.
    I see, so even if he stabs someone whose "heart" is technically someone they love it wouldn't necessarily fatally wound that person and the damage conversion is whatever you need it to be for plot purposes! I agree that does fit Nasu and its a very neat ability. Makes me wish he could actually be used in a fanfic! Again, great job, Vanguard!

I more or less made this as a joke/persistent muse, don't yell at me.

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful good
    Master: ????
    True name: Linkara

Base Stats:
    STR: D (C when using his punch, C when morphed)
    END: D (C when morphed)
    AGI: E (C when morphed)
    MAN: A (His phantasm reduces the cost of his magic to 0, making him a very efficant servant, if not very well trained)
    LUK: C-A (He talked a Eldritch abomination into killing itself, you decide)

Class Skills:

Item Construction- A+ (bordering EX, depending on your interpretation)
    A:
    Linkara can use the only spell he ever mastered, and bring something the power it had in its legend, making him a faker on par with Shirou. Since he lacked training, thus incapable of using orthodox magic, he took something and ran with it, even creating a morphing grid to power his morphers. Needless to say, a quick trip to a toy store can make him VERY dangerous.

Territory creation: B+
    B+:
    Caster can create his own house, which doubles as a workshop. The + modifier is that Caster can be aided by a assortment of allies that he had in life. (The ninja, Poyo, Nimue, Iron liz, Etc.) But he prefers not to bother them and can only sustain them for so long.

Personal skills
    Bravery: A+
    A+:
    He fought, a multiversal conqueror, a high-end assassin, and a Eldritch abomination that devoured other universes. And verbally smacked silent hill in the face. Did I mention that he carries Pyramid head around with him in a small ball?

Charisma: B+
    B+:
    See above antecedents, if there was a skill to wax words, this man would have it in spades. Also, he talked a manifestation of pain and anger into resting.

Discernment of the poor: B
    B:
    Caster has lived a life dedicate to analyzing and picking apart people and plots, needless to say, he is very hard to fool.

Headache sufferer-
    Linkara has reviewed a unending stream of comics that SUCK. Needless to say, sometimes he remembers the really, really, bad ones.

Lesser phantasms-
    (just a term I decided for if something could get true phantasm status, but the servant chose another. Like if Gilgamesh was Saber, he would have many swords as lesser phantasms, and Ea as his true phantasm, make sense?)

Hat-
    In Caster's home universe, the magic was cast from ones life force, Linkara's hat lets him bypass that little problem, he still gets a little fatigue, but his eyes won't fall out anytime soon.

Morphers-
    Arguably Caster's most valuable tools, when morphed he gains a boost to his stats, and access to two powerful weapons, the dragon dagger which shoots green lightning, and the sword of the original white ranger, Saba. Also, he gets Protection of arrows. At rank C. Not to mention that any morpher gives him special abilities

Pokeballs-
    I kid you not, Linkara can capture spirits, familiars, and elementals in them.

Blade blaster/ Phaser-
    Usually used to stun and chase opponents away.

Comicron-1 -
    Linkara's spaceship. Take that Gilgamesh.

True Noble Phantasm- The magic gun
    Designation: Anti-unit

A indestructible weapon of incredible destructive power, harnessing the essence of a girl tortured by her monstrous parents and their cult, which worshipped The Entity. The gun was crafted to be the ultimate weapon against all who opposed their god. However, the girl's anguish and rage caused their weapon to backfire, destroying them with their own creation. Despite its dark history, it has remained a steadfast ally of Linkara, and will defend him, firing powerful bolts of plasma. And if pushed far enough, it will launch a ball of plasma the size of a house.

Subset: The Dolorem
    Designation: Summoning

The girl also has a demonic entity at her disposal, the Dolorem . The Dolorem (Latin for grief, pain, misery, suffering) is the personification of the rage of the girl who was sacrificed by her parents to create the Magic Gun. After the Dolorem was brought on and killed the girl's parents, the Dolorem faded away, having no more use. Besides being able to kill cultist armed with mystic codes, the demon also has a reality marble witch imitates Silent Hill, in addition to being a powerful illusionist/memory changer. Almost making Linkara commit suicide by making him think that he was the girl's father, only the intervention of the girl saved him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUMoLaW4yk Linkara vs the Entity

Last edited by Paladin Lord; October 10th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    So... this one got weird. It started as "invisible skull-face girl" and ended with "I'M BATMAN RARZGH".

The Obsidian Butterfly

Name:
    Itzpapalotl
    Class: Assassin

Parameters:
    Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: E
    Luck: B

History:

Itzpapalotl, the Clawed Butterfly, is often depicted as a skeletal warrior goddess of Aztec mythology who ruled over the mythical land of Tamoanchan, a place where infants who passed away would find paradise and where humans were created. However, the truth of the matter is somewhat different, and traces back to the earliest era of proto-Aztec culture, when their histories were still passed down orally and tales of great warriors grew and became conflated with other tales, creating new divine identities or attributing divine attributes to purely mortal ones. Itzpapalotl falls into the former category, a celebrated warrior woman of her tribe whose tales became those of a goddess later on in history.

In truth. Itzpapalotl was a fierce warrior and a guardian of her tribe, not a queen but one of the ruler’s favored champions. And the land of Tamoanchan was not her paradise for dead children, but rather the land that her king ruled over, a verdant cradle for humanity to develop in during its own infancy. However, there are grains of truth to the myths, as Itzpapalotl attained a Heroic Spirit status early on in life when Tamoanchan was threatened by a Phantasmal Beast, a terrible Great Bat which would drain men and women alike dry of their blood in the night. Its favourite target though were the youngest children, easy pickings for a beast of its caliber, a habit which infuriated young Itzpapalotl as she herself loved the children of her kingdom and held a heavy heart for being unable to bear children herself. To prey on such precious lives was something that made her blood boil. Though many of the king’s guardians hunted this Great Bat, none were able to sneak up on it thanks to its incredible hearing and mystical sight far beyond that of any normal bat. Itzpapalotl, determined to kill this Great Bat, took an arduous journey to various holy sites, asking priests and priestesses for help, until finally she was rewarded with a Divine Mystery, a cloak that would render her invisible and mute the sounds she made. Using this cloak Itpapalotl tracked the Great Bat for many days, until she was able to kill it with a pair of obsidian daggers, claiming its wings as a terrible cloak and its skull as a fearsome visage. In later life Itzpapalotl was able to use the magicks of royal priests to actually merge her trophies with her own body, binding her wings to herself and gaining a rare ability to fly through extensive body modification.

With her skull-like face, obsidian daggers, horrific leathery wingcloak and her ability to become completely invisible, Itzpapalotl spent the rest of her life as the primary champion of her kingdom, dutifully watching her ruler from out-of-sight, whilst silently and stealthily killing the enemies of her kingdoms with her wicked daggers. It is no wonder then that she should have her tales elevated to those of a goddess in future generations, but in the end her life was mortal and her death mundane, dying in childbirth along with the one child she managed to conceive in her twilight years. This is, in truth, her greatest wish: To bear a child of her own and to see it grow up alongside her.

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment (A+): Itzpapalotl’s cloak of invisibility grants her the highest level of skill in hiding herself, allowing her to become effectively invisible and mask the sounds made by her actions. Her Servant presence is also masked, making it almost impossible to detect her until the moments before her attack. If Itzpapalotl’s cloak is lost or destroyed her skill in this drops to Rank C, as she can still mask herself quite well by using her batwing cloak.

Personal Skills:

Divinity (B): Venerated as a goddess in later cultures, her rank in this would be greater except that she has been mostly forgotten by the world at large in the modern age. Nonetheless, her Divinity provides her some ability to mitigate other Divine attacks or influences, particularly those of anyone with a solar affinity, as she was attested also as a star demon of the solar eclipse.

Flight (B): A rare ability, this manifests through Itzpapalotl’s enormous batwing cloak, which allows her to glide effortlessly and with the right application of prana and skill legitimately fly for brief periods of time. She can carry another person whilst flying, but cannot fly at great altitudes, though she is quite nimble in the air.

Self-Modification (B): Through extensive modification of her own body, Itzpapalotl has managed to bind the wings of the phantasmal Great Bat she slew to her own back, effectively granting her the wings as an extra set of limbs. Aside from the obvious advantage of flight granted by the wings they still bear the claws of the bat she killed, and these wings can be operated as rudimentary arms, allowing her to swipe with obsidian-tipped claws, among other things. Though the grafted limbs do not bear any notable mystical ability in and of themselves, they do present a terrifying image that can occasionally stun or intimidate enemies, dependent on the enemy’s Luck or Bravery.

Tzitzimeme
    Obsidian Dagger that Devours the Sun

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: Itzpapalotl was known in mythology as the leader of the tzitzimitl, star demons that would appear to devour humans when a solar eclipse occurred. Her favoured killing tool, her obsidian dagger, has absorbed these traits and makes them manifest when commanded, expanding a Bounded Field of complete darkness around Itzpapalotl, obscuring her from the enemy and allowing her to attack vital points with less responsiveness from the enemy. Within this Field of darkness Itzpapalotl can appear and vanish as she wishes, her own dark form merging with the shadows around her, essentially allowing unlimited teleportation of herself within the darkness, an excellent technique for dodging attacks and launching surprise assaults.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Making it completely dark is going to effect how many Servants now?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Very few. It's not meant to be a very impressive Noble Phantasm. Her abilities lie elsewhere. She's an assassin after all, I felt she didn't really need a "strong" NP per se.

Blog Entries
    May as well round out the profiles I've posted with a Caster to complete the seven. Now we're done. El Cid, Hua Mulan, Ouengus Gaibuaibthech, Clydno Eiddin, Itzpapalotl, Boudica and this guy. Hoorah.

The Illusory Learned Prince

Name: Neferkaptah

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: A

History:

Neferkaptah is a legendary being, in the same class as Herakles or Medusa, a man who never truly existed in any form but was made manifest by the stories told. An Egyptian prince of the earliest dynasties, Neferkaptah was not a warrior but a thinker, a man who desired to learn all there was to learn. He studied with High Priests, apprenticed himself to great architects and designers, and sought wisdom from the gods. He became a skilled Magus in his own right during his lifetime, honing his arts, but still desired to know more.

Eventually, Neferkaptah’s studies of ancient divine lore led him to an area of the Nile near Coptos. Buried in the riverbed was a complex safe, a series of boxes within boxes filled with serpents and wicked devices, and in the centre of that safe was the Book of Thoth, a mystical tome written by the god of knowledge himself. It granted Neferkaptah the ability to converse with the animals and perceive the gods, and he became wise and knowledgeable as he learned from both beasts and divine beings.

However, Thoth was displeased at the theft of his book, and so in retribution he killed Neferkaptah’s wife and sons. The prince was so overwhelmed with grief at the loss that even his knowledge about what had happened to his family after their deaths (so vast was the wisdom in the Book of Thoth) was not enough to comfort him. He committed suicide soon after, and the Book of Thoth was entombed with him, an artefact of knowledge that man was not meant to know.

Class Skills:

Item Construction(C+): An area of magic that Neferkaptah is not exceptionally experienced in, though residing within his House of Life can boost the rank of this ability. He mainly uses this skill to augment his summoning of animal familiars, but can also create basic magical items as necessary.

Territory Creation (A): As an Egyptian prince and a talented magus, Neferkaptah is able to create a fine temple for himself, to further his pursuit of knowledge. The territory he creates can take two separate forms, each with their own advantages. The first form of his temple is creation of a House of Life, a sacred library that was housed in many temple complexes during his life. As a sacred location the House of Life contains the 36, 525 volumes of the Book of Thoth and so within his Temple Neferkaptah’s High-Speed Divine Words jumps to Rank A and his magical knowledge is mystically enhanced multiple times over. The other Temple that Neferkaptah can create is his own tomb, a fine burial chamber fit for an Egyptian prince. Not as large as the House of Life, but far more internally complex, it is a temple of fine stone masonry and enforces the sanctity of Neferkaptah’s respite. Those entering his temple without his permission suffer a weakening of the spirit and luck. Additionally, it is only within the Tomb that Neferkaptah can invoke his Noble Phantasm Illusory Curse. He is able to transform his Temple at any time, but the process of transformation takes approximately 6-8 hours, during which time neither Temple’s benefits apply.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue (A): One of the primary benefits the Book of Thoth was noted to provide to Neferkaptah was the ability to speak to animals, a not-unimpressive ability in Egyptian culture, when animals were regularly identified as the avatars of the gods. It is because of this ability that Neferkaptah has a tendency to favour summoning of familiars as a magecraft, granting him a level of control and precision with his familiars that is nearly unrivalled. He is completely fluent in conversing with any animal and can coax quite elaborate information from them, his talent drawing from them memories and understandings the creatures would not normally be able to process. This rank of Animal Dialogue allows him to converse with any animal without issue, and even if they are not his familiars he can usually command them without much resistance.

Library of Stored Knowledge (A): Possessing the Book of Thoth allows Neferkaptah to draw on any of the knowledge he has instantaneously, without need for any form of Luck check. At this level his mind, enhanced beyond mortal capacity by Thoth’s wisdom, absorbs every detail about the world around him completely subconsciously and memorises the information perfectly, inscribing all data absorbed into an internalised Projection of Thoth’s Grand House of Life which will be added to the Book of Thoth upon Neferkaptah’s death. His recall is instant, his ability to make logical and illogical connections is indisputable and his capacity to extrapolate theoretical knowledge is immense, as long as he possesses the Book. At this level he has a virtual form of Expert of Many Specializations spanning the 42 main categories of recorded Egyptian knowledge, though most of this is not applicable in a combat situation.

Knowledge of Respect and Harmony (B): The Book of Thoth has granted Neferkaptah great knowledge not just of how things work in the physical world, but how things work on a metaphysical and psychological level, resulting in his attacks being less subject to being reduced in effectiveness over time. This also has the side-effect of letting Neferkaptah utilise the wisdom of Thoth to pierce Magic Resistance and standard Resistance techniques to a degree through constant alteration of his prana’s structure, treating all Magic Resistance possessed by opponents as only half what it originally appears to be.

High-Speed Divine Words (C): Hailing from an age where gods were venerated and feared, Neferkaptah was willing to seek out the knowledge of the gods himself, and has found this knowledge inscribed in the Book of Thoth. Because he is able to perceive the gods through this book, he has conversed with them and learned to speak a variety of ancient magical languages, compressing his magic down to one-bar activations through unpronounceable phonomantic phrases.

Book of Thoth
    Tome of the All Known

Type: Support

Description: A powerful tome created by the god of knowledge, Thoth. Though it takes many forms across many tales, from a library of over 36,000 tomes to a singular manuscript with all the knowledge of the gods, this form is that of a papyrus scroll inside a sealed container. It augments Caster’s Mana from Rank C up to Rank A, and the skills of Animal Dialogue, Library of Stored Knowledge and High-Speed Divine Words all rely on this Phantasm to exist within Caster’s realm of possibility. If this is destroyed he loses the former two abilities and his High-Speed Divine Words drops to Rank E.

Fortunately he has learned by heart the wisdom needed for his alteration of prana, so if destroyed his Knowledge of Respect and Harmony skill is undamaged. He will take a notable hit to his magical knowledge as well, but has made sure to personally learn a reasonable selection of spells, from the basics through to more complex combat skills. It is just a shame that Neferkaptah was not an excellent magus before acquisition of the Book, or that he did not have more time with it in his first life, as the secrets of True Magic are encoded within the tome for those who will seek them.

Illusory Curse
    Entrapments of a Nightmare Woven

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Army

Description: The story of Neferkaptah tells of a thief who broke into his tomb to acquire the Book of Thoth, and then encountered a beautiful woman who had such great allure that she was able to force him to do all manner of terrible things. In the end the whole encounter turned out to be an illusion thrust upon the thief by Neferkaptah’s ghost as a warning against stealing the book, and the vision was so awful that the thief returned the book without using it. Illusory Curse is the manifestation of that, a mental prison that can be called down upon anyone inside of Neferkaptah’s tomb at will. It is a mental Phantasm, targeting the enemy in a web of desires that becomes a nightmare of loss and suffering. All those targeted by it must endure a check against their willpower and perception, and anyone who fails is caught within the prison. Though their bodies are not moved from the physical plane the targets are trapped until either Neferkaptah ends the illusion or until they can recognise its illusory existence and reject it through further perception and willpower saving throws.

Even after escaping the prison the targets will be left shaken by what they’ve seen, suffering a variety of debuffs and feeling exhausted of stamina and prana, as the illusion is cleverly designed to sustain itself by the trapped person’s prana rather than Neferkaptah’s. Resisting the Illusory Curse in the first place generally requires something along the lines of high level Mental Pollution, a combination of high enough Magic and Luck parameters and a good mindset, or powerful counter-magics and high level Magic Resistance even after the effects of Knowledge of Respect and Harmony have been applied.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Very few. It's not meant to be a very impressive Noble Phantasm. Her abilities lie elsewhere. She's an assassin after all, I felt she didn't really need a "strong" NP per se.
    Exactly. The darkness isn't meant to defeat the Servant, it's mean to prevent the Servant from defending his/her Master (and will likely screw over said Master as I doubt most light-based magecraft will pierce through the darkness unless its really powerful), which is all she really needs as she can swoop in from above (a direction most Servants won't be expecting) and kill the Master with a headshot. She's pretty cool! Like a more primitive version of Batman. I can just picture her sneaking around and silently shanking guys from behind like the Preadator Rooms in the Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games.

Neferkaptah is well done too, very balanced Caster, but he loses out to Aztec Batgirl in the attention-drawing factor factor!

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    [apropos Zelretch] would require him to fall into his bloodlust, something he has never done and never will do.
    That's something only a True Ancestor can afford - for a Dead Apostle, drinking blood is neccesary to survive.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 11th, 2012 at 05:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Unless it isn't! I mean, it's Zelretch, so who the fuck knows, right? Second Magic all up in this bitch.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    touko-magic.jpg

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You need to drink blood, but who said you have to be blood crazed and have an insatiable lust for drinking it (outside of necessary amount to survive) that's what i meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber
    Spirit: Artegal
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Mana: C+
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Abilities:

Magic Resistance
    Protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    • B: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding
    Expertize to ride animals and vehicles.
    • B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Details:

Personification of Justice and the most just of King Arthur's knights.

A powerful knight who won the love of the lady warrior Britomart after defeating her in a single combat. Artegal was known to be relentless and undefeated in combat, akin to justice itself. However, he was still a human, and thus concept like mercy was not unknown to him. In fact, his life was spent learning of this virtue, and performing feats in its name in the name of his king, Arthur Pendragon.

He was known as a feared enemy of the saracens, and many were the times he vanquished them. Unfortunately, he was captured by the amazon queen Radigund, and forced to work for her. In her bitterness of such a fine warrior to have fallen in love with Britomart, whom Radigund considered a coward, Radigund kept Artegal as her slave. In time, Radigund herself fell in love with the just knight, but due to her pride was only able to show her affection through acts of cruelty. In the end, her troubled heart was put to rest by Britomart herself, as the two valiant warrior-women clashed to see whom was the one meant to love Artegal. Britomart won this duel, and so Artegal was set free, and continued his journeys with his king.

Skills:

Guardian Knight
    Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.
    • C: Whenever protecting a member of the opposite sex, Saber is infused with more power that boosts his STR and END. However, if he has to fight against a member of opposite sex, his STR is lowered.

Instinct
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.
    • B: Obstructing Saber's vision or hearing cannot stop him from utilizing his skills to fight, although the effectiveness will be lowered. Capable of exploiting favorable winds of combat to his own advantage.

Mind of True Justice
    The mental alignment to the "justice" of the matter, regardless of the situation. As long as the user feels that he is fighting for the side of justice, his morale boosts his fighting skills, and grants regeneration that acts as means for prolonged combat.
    • A+: In the case where Saber deems his actions morally just (or if in direct confrontation with any other alignment than "Lawful"), his attributes are greatly increased, and he is given both health and prana regeneration.

Prana Burst
    The increase in performance caused by impregnating one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of jet burst by expending large amounts of prana.
    • C+: The prana of Saber can only be expelled in order to boost the defensive powers. That is to say, his knowledge only allows him to infuse prana with defensive armaments.

Noble Phantasms:

Chrysaor
    Title: The Sword of Just Thunder
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 2-70
    Maximum Target: 700

A brilliant sword of pure lightning.

It is a sword that was forged from another Noble Phantasm, and given a new form altogether. It used to be one of the mightiest weapons of ancient Greece, a thunderbolt of the god Zeus, but once found by a legendary smith, it was fashioned into a brilliant sword of purple and gold. The blade keeps the untamed nature of a god's lightning trapped within it, while the pommel itself acts as the means to control the surge of lightning.

When used as a normal sword, Chrysaor excels in duels. It has the ability to transfer the power of its attacks through any kind of metal, bringing forth destruction and damage even if it is blocked by the weapon of the enemy. Not only that, but any surface of metal can transfer the strike to the enemy, as long as he is connected to the said metal.

However, the true power of Chrysaor is unleashed when its true name is uttered. The power of undefeated lightning is unleashed upon the enemy in full-force, becoming a path of lightning that destroys any prana that is before it. While it might look that the power released is a wave of thunder, the actual point of attack appears to the enemy the moment the name is uttered, and the path is built from that point to the sword so fast that the course of matters looks reversed. The aftermath of releasing Chrysaor leaves the land charred and barren, having all manner of od and prana completely erased from it.

Talus
    Title: Pursue that Which is Just
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 200
    Maximum Target: -

A Noble Phantasm that takes a form of a shield attached to the armor that covers Saber's left hand. It is made up of multiple rings that slowly turn when it is dormant, only protecting Saber from physical attacks like a normal shield would.

However, when the true name of the Noble Phantasm is uttered, the shield awakens and detaches from the armor. It grows in size, until the outermost ring's diameter is about 10 meters. From there, a sphere appears in the middle of the smallest ring, with magic-circle covering every inch of the sphere. The power inside the sphere reflects this magic-circle into the rings, thus creating and ever-expanding magic-circle that covers the area around the Noble Phantasm.

Once these preparations are made, Talus will seek out every enemy that is either not "Lawful"-aligned, fleeing dishonorably from the battle, fighting with dishonor, or who has committed evil deeds that Saber knows of. After confirming every target (there is no upper limit), the Noble Phantasm launches one pin-pointed beam of light towards the location of every target, piercing any and all cover they might have hidden behind. These beams of light are all aimed to the hearts of the enemies, and unless intercepted by a great magical protection, will pierce those hearts, causing instant death to all the enemies targeted by the Noble Phantasm.

Incidentally, a spirit of purest virtues inhabits and powers the Noble Phantasm, cutting the prana usage of Saber himself in half. This spirit also goes by the name of "Talos". She exhibits no emotions, but her logic also tends to be flawed, which is also incidentally the reason that Saber does not like when she appears. It could be said that the true mind of the Noble Phantasm and the Heroic Spirit the Noble Phantasm belongs to can never see eye-to-eye. Saber apparently carries some grudge against Talos, too.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; October 13th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    More Greek philosophers as magi!

Master: HYPNOS
    Name: Parmenides the Eleatean
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Magic: A
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: E
    Parmenides' system of beliefs and magecraft does not lend itself to Territory Creation, thinking it madness to try and divide the absoluteness of 'being'. However, Parmenides is no weak magus and has acquired a certain amount of tactical ability from a number of duels fought to prove the superiority of his philosophy and magecraft. Despite not being able to mark out a workshop for himself, he may at least set traps and warnings to hinder an approaching enemy.

Item Creation: -
    Parmenides had a basic ability to create and alter magic properties in an object, stemming from his research into existence. However, having reached the conclusion that existence is absolute, he considers it self-deception to attempt a new creation: it would only be a weak human's hallucination, not truth.

Personal Skills:
    Rhetoric – B: The skill to inform and persuade. Parmenides is able to persuade large numbers of people to his viewpoint, and have them remain convinced even long after their memory of his orations has dimmed. Parmenides attains this rank through his learning, his skill as poet and his occupation as one of the sophists – the men of wisdom who travelled and taught throughout the city-states of Ancient Greece.

Thaumaturgy – B+: Skill with magecraft. Although Parmenides was a great magus, he had enough other interests that his studies lacked the depth which would have unlocked the greatest mysteries of thaumaturgy. His philosophy also meant that he shied away from certain areas of magecraft. However, he is still extremely skilled and is undoubtedly the most powerful user of a certain magical foundation: as a result, whenever his element significantly alters the effects of a spell, that spell's power will also increase dramatically. His unusual magical foundation is also a tactical advantage, forcing opponents to adapt to something new for which they are likely to be unprepared.

Noble Phantasm

ἐστι
    Chariot of Night and Day

The chariot which Parmenides claimed led him to his understanding of the truth of the universe. It was given to him by the daughters of the Sun as a vehicle by which he might reach Akasha and ultimate understanding. It is drawn by winged mares, who may lead the chariot into the air as well as over the ground.

The first effect is to increase Parmenides' thaumaturgy by one rank, making him equal to some of the premier magi throughout history. He also has a chance to gain additional skills – both the number and nature of these skills is random, since Parmenides has no control over this very limited access to Akasha. Each time he summons the chariot, he ought to gain a different set of skills.

Whilst the chariot's upkeep becomes progressively more taxing with time, so does its power. Its upper speed continually increases, and although the divine materials of its construction will not warp or melt, friction will heat first the axle and then the wheels to a burning heat. Parmenides is under the Sun's protection whilst he stays in the chariot, but his enemies are not so fortunate. Parmenides may take advantage of this and whip the trailing fires to greater heights if he sees the need with his own magecraft.

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-40
    Maximum Targets: 50

Closer to Parmenides' chariot as he describes it. Also broken beyond belief, so not 'canon'

ἐστι
    Chariot of Night and Day

The chariot which Parmenides claimed led him to his understanding of the truth of the universe. Although it at first seems a plain chariot, less than helpful to a magus without Riding skill, if he obtains the means to provide its upkeep from dawn until dusk or dusk until dawn and is not forced from it, its true power is revealed. The ordinary horses sprout wings and become high-rank Pegasi. The chariot's carers, the two divine daughters of the Sun, materialise at his side and will aid him to the best of their ability. The chariot heats to such a degree that anyone not its owner must have some means to withstand the Sun's fire itself or perish. Additionally, Parmenides becomes cognisant of Akasha and may draw upon a single True Magic as he wishes (subject to his prana limitations). So long as he remains in the chariot, he is invincible, for he is a man upon the path of knowledge.

This violation will, however, disturb the Counter Force. It will descend upon Parmenides' location as a terrible maelstrom – as soon as he can no longer maintain the chariot and its protections, he is sure to be annihilated. Even if he somehow escapes, the surrounding area will have been devastated for hundreds of miles. Perhaps the only parallel would be the destruction of Atlantis.

Type: Anti-Army Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-100
    Maximum Targets: 100
    George, Medusa, Iskander – read it and weep.

Legend

As with many great men from the old times, Parmenides the Eleatean was not so limited as to bury himself in a single occupation. He was a magus, a philosopher, a poet, a moral teacher and a cosmologist; and anything he did for one of these occupations was informed by his work in the others.
    Like most ancient magi, Parmenides held that the fundamental elements of the universe and the magical elements were the same, lacking the scientific sophistication of modern times which would have helped distinguish the two fields. However, in almost every other way he was an extraordinary innovator. He would teach that his fellow magi deceived themselves by adhering to elemental theory as they knew it1, relying on 'appearance' instead of 'truth'. Instead, there was only a single element, eternal and absolute He named it ἐστι (esti): 'it is' or 'is'2.

1Herakleitos the Ephesian's triple-element theory was then dominant, encompassing fire, earth and water, although he seems also to have had an inkling of 'sky': Waterfield (1850) discusses the potential meanings of πρηστήρ in his note to a quotation of Herakleitos in Clement's Miscellanea.

2Arguments as to the sense of ἐστι: predicate or reply-predicate or veridical or existential, and whether this changes throughout Parmenides' poem are rampant among scholars. My acquaintance with Greek is sufficient to read the classics, but I will not presume to intrude on the territory of those more learned than I about such things; resultantly I offer both translations, judging that the potential senses should be clear enough in English also, and that the reader may decide for his or her self.
    Modern Clock Tower magi would identify most of his magecraft with the rarely-held imaginary element of 'Nothing' – that which should not be but is in spite of all human expectation – and it is certainly true that our accounts reveal a number of traits which have never been observed outside that element. Nevertheless, I hold that his teaching – lectures given far and wide to crowds of adherents; debates held in agorai from his hometown all the way to Athens; and the sheer conviction he himself had that he spoke the truth - was sufficient to establish an entirely new magical foundation, which indeed provided for only a single element, ἐστι. As with many magecraft foundations, the effects would have been self-reinforcing – as the foundation develops, its power becomes easier to draw on: more belief develops, more accounts are written and more study is made. Thus it is carved ever deeper into the World's systems.
    A short summary of the two major effects of ἐστι in magecraft will lay the groundwork for a later and more detailed examination. My readers will certainly be aware that the attribute of a spell may 'even out' elemental differences: the example that the author is most familiar with is that of consciousness-transfer. Resultantly, not all spells need demonstrate all or even any of the characteristics shown below.

When confronted with any Hollow-element spells, the result was the cataclysmic failure of one or the other: 'is' denying the existence of 'is not' or reality fleeing the alien nature of the void. Generally the outcome seem to have been a function of the prana invested in each spell (the lesser being overcome), but some of the accounts of Parmenides' magical duels perhaps indicate that spell complexity or the caster's skill had a role to play.

As Hollow lends itself to the binding of spirits, ἐστι lent itself to cessation. 'What is' is an absolute encompassing everything: 'what is not' obvious cannot exist and should be disregarded. Similarly, as 'being' is an absolute quality, something cannot be more than another thing – they both simply are; in fact, it is only a flawed perception which makes us think that there are two different things at all. There is only the whole, only ἐστι. That being the case, movement is necessarily an illusion, as it requires differences to exist. ἐστι would have been best suited to halting movement, preventing reactions and changes of state (ice melting, wood combusting and so forth) or even disrupting the completion of other spells. The reader should note that this differs somewhat from the convention element of Nothing, which is improved when it acts on the physical. According the views of Parmenides' system, since spirits do exist, they must be part of ἐστι. Whether they are alive and tangible or not is of no concern.
    - Selections from the preface to Sohvianna Edelfelt's biography of Parmenides the Eleatean. Although it dealt thoroughly with a powerful ancient magus, the work itself has since come to be regarded as vastly more important than its ostensible subject. Her insight into Parmenides' teachings would establish the theory of magical foundations as we now know it and gave the Magic Association a unique comprehension of the until-then-mysterious way in which the Church, its old enemy, had seemed to grant its operatives supernatural powers. (The Church continues to deny that it uses any kind of thaumaturgy and still condemns it as a second-grade heresy).

Notes

Since Parmenides operates on a different foundation, I struggled with ranking his thaumaturgy down or not. All the other magi can easily use their magic despite also having non-native foundation - Lancer gets his runes; Gilles gets Cthulhu etc. It felt flavourful and right to knock him down, but didn't jive with canon. (I still don't know which I'm doing as I type this. Let's see what future me decides). For now, I left it alone, but I'm very open to opinions about revising it.

Both Rin and Saber think of Heroic Spirits as normally having only one Noble Phantasm; those with two are outliers. Unfortunately, the set of 'normal' Heroic Spirits formed by that definition seems to actually be rather smaller than the set of outliers. So I decided that Parmenides should be one of the normal ones. (This is not, of course, to say that his Noble Phantasm must be anything like 'average'. )

The second version of the chariot is not only powerful-broken, but exploitable-broken. As in, the True Magics tend to be a source of infinite prana anyway, so he can theoretically keep up his chariot indefinitely. The Counter Force can go cry in a corner now.

My sincere apologies to Robin Waterfield, whose book on pre-Socratic philosophers I mainly drew on for this, and the publication date of which I had to move back 150 years to make the thesis' citation work.

Speaking of, this is a rather different sheet than normal for me – I'd usually be checking the Greek all the way, but since our knowledge of the pre-Socratic philosophers is mostly bound up in fragments and testimonia rather than directly preserved papyri/codices/books, the Greek would be scattered over dozens of niche books (some niche even for Classicists!), so I couldn't do that. Whilst I trust Mr. Waterfield to have done accurate translation, it's still irritating.

Few biographical facts about Parmenides remain extant – fewer still are actually much use or of much interest. So instead of making a history for him, I decided to keep his Thaumaturgy entry fairly brief and lay out the quite complex picture I'd built up of how his magecraft would work where I'd normally recount his life. It was also nice to do that because I could mainly look at what Parmenides had written instead of taking various, unreliable accounts of his life from all sorts of different people, most of whom lived centuries later. It might have been convenient for me to do that, but I'm not sure it'll work for readers …

That second footnote in his history is me giving an absolutely genuine summary of how people look at ἐστι at in Parmenides' philosophy. Just smile and nod.

His Origin is Stillness, like Araya. And whilst you might think he's riding through the sky, he's likely to insist that you're being blinded by appearance and unreliable perception instead of looking for at the truth of things. Movement is an impossibility, after all.
    Last edited by Seika; October 18th, 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Tidying and adjusting
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Just watched the mask of Zorro, made this. On a side note, Vagrant, your Avatar fills me with raw, undiluted hatred.

Assassin- Zorro- The uncatchable Black fox- Chaotic good
    Summoner:
    Wish:
    Strength: D+
    Mana: D
    Agility: B
    Endurance: C
    Luck: A
    NP: B

Class skills
    Presence concealment: A- In life he was a master of blending in and remaining unseen. However, he does not utilize it much, preferring to be flashy.

Subversive Activities-B- Zoro can disable 30-50 percent of the enemy’s force before he is assaulted.

Personal skills
    Disengage: A- He did not gain the title of uncatchable black fox for nothing you know.

Independent action- B- Zorro did not let himself be bound to anything but the people he served. He can survive a week after his master is killed.

Creativity-B- The Black fox was a master of his environment, weaponizing anything and everything he could get his hands on. Gives a bonus to combat in cities, houses and forests.

Anyone and no one- A+- In the event of assassin dying, he will pass on his mask and garb on to someone he considers worthy. That person will gain all of Zorro’s abilities, even the phantasms. (but not the stats)

Lesser phantasm
    Black fox’s blade-(B) C- - Zorro’s weapon of choice and the weapon he is most skilled with, the weapon gains a bonus against those that oppressed and forced their charges to kneel before them.

Black fox’s whip- C+ - Zorro is skilled enough with the whip to use it as a weapon, gains a bonus from his creativity skill.

NOBLE PHANTASM: The mark
    Designation: Tracking (?)
    Zorro carves a ‘Z’ Into his target, the scar will serve as a reminder to the afflicted, that whenever they do something evil, Zorro will find them, also gives a stat bonus to Zorro the next time they fight.

Yeah, I know its not that great, any suggestions?
    Last edited by Paladin Lord; October 20th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Subversive Activities isn't a class skill?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Lord View Post
    On a side note, Vagrant, your Avatar fills me with raw, undiluted hatred.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Kotokyubey-troll is successfull troll.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Saber
    Spirit: Artegal
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Mana: C+
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    What is this nonsense? A Saber without Rank A parameters? BLASPHEMYSOWEAKLOL. I'm interested already, this is promising.

Abilities:

Magic Resistance
    Protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    • B: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding
    Expertize to ride animals and vehicles.
    • B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Still no overpowered Rank A skills? My Little Saber Can't Be This Balanced! For someone of Arthurian lore, he's shaping up nicely.

Details:

Personification of Justice and the most just of King Arthur's knights.

A powerful knight who won the love of the lady warrior Britomart after defeating her in a single combat. Artegal was known to be relentless and undefeated in combat, akin to justice itself. However, he was still a human, and thus concept like mercy was not unknown to him. In fact, his life was spent learning of this virtue, and performing feats in its name in the name of his king, Arthur Pendragon.

He was known as a feared enemy of the saracens, and many were the times he vanquished them. Unfortunately, he was captured by the amazon queen Radigund, and forced to work for her. In her bitterness of such a fine warrior to have fallen in love with Britomart, whom Radigund considered a coward, Radigund kept Artegal as her slave. In time, Radigund herself fell in love with the just knight, but due to her pride was only able to show her affection through acts of cruelty. In the end, her troubled heart was put to rest by Britomart herself, as the two valiant warrior-women clashed to see whom was the one meant to love Artegal. Britomart won this duel, and so Artegal was set free, and continued his journeys with his king.
    I guess it's a pretty basic history, but it gets across the main points. I'd be interested to know more about him as a character, like his death, his desires and wishes, what he's like as a guy other than JUSTICE, and the like. He kind of strikes me as similar to Shirou, what with the focus on JUSTICE but the mercy that tempers that drive.

Skills:

Guardian Knight
    Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.
    • C: Whenever protecting a member of the opposite sex, Saber is infused with more power that boosts his STR and END. However, if he has to fight against a member of opposite sex, his STR is lowered.
    What sort of a boost is it? I assume a single Rank Up/Rank Down depending on the circumstances, but that's only an assumption. The fact that he ranks down against women is a nice touch. Does it kick in even if he doesn't know it's a woman?

Mind of True Justice
    The mental alignment to the "justice" of the matter, regardless of the situation. As long as the user feels that he is fighting for the side of justice, his morale boosts his fighting skills, and grants regeneration that acts as means for prolonged combat.
    • A+: In the case where Saber deems his actions morally just (or if in direct confrontation with any other alignment than "Lawful"), his attributes are greatly increased, and he is given both health and prana regeneration.
    Hrm, new skill! I like these ones. This is a pretty cool one too, it feels Nasu-y. Feels like a skill EMIYA might have once had before he became disillusioned. Seems like it could be ridiculous powerful against a lot of enemies since all he has to do is be convinced he's doing the right thing, which usually wasn't that hard for pious knights. How much is the boost, and is it to all parameters? This seems like the skill that will potentially overpower him if it's not handled carefully.

Noble Phantasms:

Chrysaor
    Title: The Sword of Just Thunder
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 2-70
    Maximum Target: 700

A brilliant sword of pure lightning.

It is a sword that was forged from another Noble Phantasm, and given a new form altogether. It used to be one of the mightiest weapons of ancient Greece, a thunderbolt of the god Zeus, but once found by a legendary smith, it was fashioned into a brilliant sword of purple and gold. The blade keeps the untamed nature of a god's lightning trapped within it, while the pommel itself acts as the means to control the surge of lightning.

When used as a normal sword, Chrysaor excels in duels. It has the ability to transfer the power of its attacks through any kind of metal, bringing forth destruction and damage even if it is blocked by the weapon of the enemy. Not only that, but any surface of metal can transfer the strike to the enemy, as long as he is connected to the said metal.

However, the true power of Chrysaor is unleashed when its true name is uttered. The power of undefeated lightning is unleashed upon the enemy in full-force, becoming a path of lightning that destroys any prana that is before it. While it might look that the power released is a wave of thunder, the actual point of attack appears to the enemy the moment the name is uttered, and the path is built from that point to the sword so fast that the course of matters looks reversed. The aftermath of releasing Chrysaor leaves the land charred and barren, having all manner of od and prana completely erased from it.
    Another one of Excalibur's sister blades? It's made from a divine lightning bolt, which seems rather unearthly and untracable, so who knows? I'll consider it an Excalibur blade anyway because it has BEAMU SHOOT. Well, lightning shoot, but a similar effect is obtained. Also, prana/od erasure seems pretty damned powerful, like this is a planet-killing sword. I feel sorry for Gaia. Actually, between BEAMU SHOOT and the fact that blocking this sword with your weapon will often just get you electrocuted even as a normal attack, it's pretty damn powerful. A sword befitting an Arthurian Saber.

Talus
    Title: Pursue that Which is Just
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 200
    Maximum Target: -

A Noble Phantasm that takes a form of a shield attached to the armor that covers Saber's left hand. It is made up of multiple rings that slowly turn when it is dormant, only protecting Saber from physical attacks like a normal shield would.

However, when the true name of the Noble Phantasm is uttered, the shield awakens and detaches from the armor. It grows in size, until the outermost ring's diameter is about 10 meters. From there, a sphere appears in the middle of the smallest ring, with magic-circle covering every inch of the sphere. The power inside the sphere reflects this magic-circle into the rings, thus creating and ever-expanding magic-circle that covers the area around the Noble Phantasm.

Once these preparations are made, Talus will seek out every enemy that is either not "Lawful"-aligned, fleeing dishonorably from the battle, fighting with dishonor, or who has committed evil deeds that Saber knows of. After confirming every target (there is no upper limit), the Noble Phantasm launches one pin-pointed beam of light towards the location of every target, piercing any and all cover they might have hidden behind. These beams of light are all aimed to the hearts of the enemies, and unless intercepted by a great magical protection, will pierce those hearts, causing instant death to all the enemies targeted by the Noble Phantasm.

Incidentally, a spirit of purest virtues inhabits and powers the Noble Phantasm, cutting the prana usage of Saber himself in half. This spirit also goes by the name of "Talos". She exhibits no emotions, but her logic also tends to be flawed, which is also incidentally the reason that Saber does not like when she appears. It could be said that the true mind of the Noble Phantasm and the Heroic Spirit the Noble Phantasm belongs to can never see eye-to-eye. Saber apparently carries some grudge against Talos, too.
    An interesting weapon, I feel like this is probably deserving of a Rank Up to A+ given it can heartstab theoretically unlimited numbers of enemies with only a very loose set of targeting conditions. There's no indication of exactly how big an area this will target when it is used, but it sounds pretty damn hax if only great magical protection will stop it from piercing anything and everything to hit your heart. I'd say this weapon is stronger that Chrysor.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He Whose Name is Censored in Japan

It's been a while since I did one of these. Let's see how this one comes out. also, please forgive me for "Worldly Censure". Just pretend it's not there.

MANCO CÁPAC
    Class: Lancer

Height: 188 cm
    Weight: 86 kg

Strength C
    Endurance B
    Agility B
    Magic B
    Luck E
    Noble Phantasm A

Class Skills:
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C+ – Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. The divine blessing that protected him from the great deluge, Unu Pachakuti, renders the Servant immune to any and all spells of the Water Element.

Personal Skills:
    * Beacon of Mankind: The ability to educate, nurture, lead and guide the lesser, given to the founding fathers whose deeds led to the formation of organized cultures and civilizations.
    B – The Servant may gift those under his aegis with the benefit of a Skill up to rank C, and he may imbue different Skills on different subjects. Skills that are themselves equivalent to multiple Skills (Imperial Privilege, Voyager of the Storm, Expert of Many Specializations) cannot be granted with this Skill. Manco Cápac calls this ability
    Chamayhuarisca
    The Song of Joy
    * Divinity: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not.
    B – The efforts of Inca ruler Pachacútec and the written records of Inca tradition by Garcilaso de la Vega ensured that Manco Cápac would be remembered as an enlightened being, born of the Sun and the Moon. This rank grants him substantial defensive power against Heroic Spirits connected to solar and lunar Divine Spirits, as long as they have Divinity Rank C or lower.
    * Mystic Face: A spell (curse) inherent of one's facial features which is cast as soon as the target look at the user's face.
    E – Those who look at the Servant are struck by strong feelings of awe and respect. Ordinary humans will be compelled to follow him and attend to his every word and action.
    * Worldly Censure: A curse caused by the world’s rejection of an aspect of the Servant’s existence as recorded in the Throne of Heroes.
    EX – As long as the Servant resides in Japanese territory, his name cannot be pronounced where minors may listen. The world will actively ensure this is the case, for Alaya eagerly enforces national censorship laws. The honking of cars may drown a speaker’s voice, or an unfortunate event may interrupt one who attempts to pronounce the forbidden word. Anything goes as long as the word never reaches sensitive ears.

Noble Phantasms:
    Tapac Yauri
    The Golden Radiance for All Humankind

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The royal scepter of the first of the Inca sovereigns, given to him by the Sun god himself. It cannot be considered a spear; it is in fact a staff with its bottom end sharpened into a pointy tip. The staff, seemingly made of pure gold, ends in a lively solar motif with two concentric rings enclosing it and several golden spikes spreading as light beams. The powerful Mesoamerican Noble Phantasm has a plethora of separate effects.

As long as prana is fed to it, the solar emblem shines radiantly, dispelling all lesser magical effects attempting to engulf the area in darkness. Furthermore, the light of the scepter carries the conceptual weight of the “true sun”. In other words, the magical light emitted by the staff is considered “light from the sun”, and the world recognizes the time during which the staff is shining as “daytime” in that location. Attacks made with the pointed end are wrapped in fiery white flame. It is not ordinary fire, but blazing sunfire imbued with divine blessings. The divine gift for the sake of humanity’s survival makes Tapac Yauri’s attacks especially effective against all extensions of the will of the planet, from the lowliest elemental spirit to the Ultimate One of the Earth. However, those same flames have absolutely no effect on Divine Spirits other than those associated with darkness, ignorance or death.

The final effect of Tapac Yauri can be used only by relinquishing the weapon, in a ceremony resembling the omen of Cuzco’s foundation. By calling out the name of the Noble Phantasm and planting it with the tip touching the ground, Manco Cápac may command it to sink into the ground. From that moment until his death, the territory centered on that location and reaching as far as his eyes can see becomes “the promised territory that exists for his sake, given by the gods’ providence”. He effectively gains access all the land’s mana, and simultaneously forbids any other magic-user from tapping into it. The land and its leylines are imbued with the blessing of “order” and “stability”, but only for the sake of benefiting Manco Cápac—he is no longer affected by Magecraft cast within the blessed territory. Even the geometry of space and the flow of time are bound by a strong rigidity of form imposed by the Noble Phantasm—all forms of spatial-temporal manipulation and destiny interference fail to work on Manco Cápac. Non-Divine Spirits will not attempt to harm him within the blessed territory, and Reality Marbles fail to come into existence within its boundaries. All these powerful benefits come at the cost of losing his main weapon for the rest of the Heaven’s Feel.

Background
    “It must be noted that the time period named the ‘Age of Gods’ is an arbitrary categorization that cannot be bound to a specific time interval. Naturally, as the advance of Abrahamic religions reached different places at different times, the abandonment of animism and polytheistic mythos and subsequent rejection of thaumaturgic tradition in specific locations took place later in time the further from the core Eurasian cultural sphere. Pundits argue that the end of the Mesoamerican ‘Age of Gods’ took place at the end of the XIV century at the latest, asserting that it would take at least one hundred years for their Magecraft to lose enough potency to succumb to the Europeans conquerors. Adversaries of this arbitrary statement are not few in number, and the debate of when the gods turned their backs to the pre-Columbian Americans continues to this day.”
    - Commentary by Waver Velvet El-Melloi II for the “Thaumaturgist’s Compendium of Divinity”.

The legendary hero acknowledged as the first leader of the Inca culture and founder of the Kingdom of Cuzco and its homonymous capital. To this day, historians still debate the historicity of his persona, and the dates of his life and deeds remains undefined, but most contemporary authors consider him a real person, albeit with a strongly adorned mythology surrounding him. The official statement is that, as the ancestor of all Inca rulers, great efforts were made by future Incas to “mythify” the deeds of Manco Cápac, to foster national identity and pride as a means to culturally unify the growing empire.

Ayar Manco was blessed from the moment of his birth; a mortal born from the union of two gods. He and his sister and future wife, Mama Ocllo, were created by Inti and Quilla, Divine Spirits of the Sun and the Moon, respectively. Their purpose was to guide and organize the semi-nomadic tribes of the Andes Highlands into a kingdom devoted to their worship. They appeared before the scattered remnants of the broken Tiahuanaco people, who had been subjected to a pathetic fate of wandering after their capital succumbed to the invading Aimaras. The Tiahuanacos were awed by the divine children’s indescribable beauty, great knowledge and powerful magic, and allowed themselves to be led northeast, for they were promised a new home. They named his new leader with the title of Cápac—The Powerful.

Manco Cápac carried the golden staff of the Sun, Tapac Yauri, and the instruction to let the staff stand vertically on the ground whenever they stopped to rest. Should the staff ever sink into the ground as if swallowed by quicksand, Manco Cápac was to establish the Kingdom of the Sun on that location.

The Tiahuanacos wandered for over twenty years. In the meantime, they learned about agriculture and animal husbandry from Manco Cápac, and tailoring and other manual labors from his sister-wife. Eventually, they reached the Cuzco Valley, where the royal staff responded and disappeared into the earth. Under Manco’s wise leadership, the nomads defeated the Sahuar, Hualla and Alcahuisa tribes and finally settled for good, thus founding the Kingdom of Cuzco. On the place where Tapac Yauri sank they built a grand temple, Inticancha, dedicated to worship of the Sun.

The rest of his life was spent defending his people’s precarious position. The fledgling Incas’ place in the Cuzco Valley was tiny compared to the more powerful realms that surrounded them: Ayamarca, Pinagua and the ever encroaching Aimaras. The first Inca warlord fought until the end of his days, and then handed over the duty to his son, Sinchi Roca. When he was not fighting, Manco Cápac legislated. He made homicide, adultery and thievery crimes punishable by death, he established the cult of the Sun as state religion and initiated an order of virgin priestesses dedicated to Inti’s service. He forbid marriage before the age of twenty, forbid human sacrifices and declared that only royalty was permitted to imitate him into marrying one’s own sibling.

Manco Cápac carries himself with the poise of an enlightened being. However, he is no Buddha: the Inca warlord is proud of himself to a fault, and may even act condescendingly before “ordinary humans”. However, at the same time he greatly respects dedication to one’s role. He will acknowledge the lowliest person if that person is dutifully performing the tasks expected of him. Possession of magical capability is a mark of greatness to him, so he will respect his Master if only for that. He has a natural distaste for everything and everyone of European origin, as he has every reason to blame them for the fall of the great civilization he built. His wish is the return of the Inca pantheon to this world, so that they might guide those willing to follow him into creating a new Kingdom of the Sun.

Johanthan, Son of Saul
    Class: Archer
    Height/Weight: 175 cm / 82 kg
    Strength C+ Magic D
    Endurance C Luck C
    Agility B Noble Phantasm B
    Legend
    Jonathan was the firstborn of Saul, first king of Israel. He distinguished himself by his bravery and trust in God but is mainly remembered because of his steadfast friendship to David, whom he dearly loved and accepted as the rightful next king of Israel by the will of YHWH. He perished alongside his father and brothers in the battle of Mt Gilboa.

As much of his family's decline is tied to David's rise, so do the stories about David eclipse those of Jonathan and his kin. What little is known about him are his friendship to David and participation in the constant war with the Philistines. One of his heroic deeds is retold in 1 Samuel 14, when he and his weapon bearer went for a Philistine outpost and in the end led the Israelites to victory.
    Skills
    Independent Action C
    Magic Resistance D
    Bravery A
    Uncrowned Arms Mastership B
    Noble Phantasm

The Covenant of Ezel

Anti-Unit NP
    Range: 1-50
    Max. Targets: 1
    N/A
    Further information about this NP is obfuscated by the Uncrowned Arms Mastership skill.