Page 78 of 680 FirstFirst ... 28687376777879808388128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Wow, that was cool, thanks.

The only Narita exposure I had before was that one Index short story he wrote where he hog wild with Misaka and Gunha's abilities so I'm sort of getting the impression this guy likes to cram as much shit as he can.

This was more Apocrypha than Apocrypha. Insanity.

Blog Entries
    I just hope it won't stay in translation hell even longer than Apocrypha itself : ^)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Not if he's only a legend and didn't exist. Adapa or Alulim seem the likely candidates for the Adam legend and they're older than Gil so they're out, but a fictional legendary Adam could still make it in since the legends of Adam are presumably younger than Gilgamesh.
    Well, not biblical Adam per se, but rather First Human (congregation of heroes from all anthropogonical myths).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Wow, that was cool, thanks.

The only Narita exposure I had before was that one Index short story he wrote where he hog wild with Misaka and Gunha's abilities so I'm sort of getting the impression this guy likes to cram as much shit as he can.

This was more Apocrypha than Apocrypha. Insanity.
    You really should read Baccano! and see how crazy Narita can go. And Vamp! And some more crazy shit.

...Although, it really breaks the mold if all this happened in the first day. This'd only mean that at the end there will be a massive clusterfuck with everyone duking it out.

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I watched Baccano!....Does that count?
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    You really should read Baccano! and see how crazy Narita can go. And Vamp! And some more crazy shit.

...Although, it really breaks the mold if all this happened in the first day. This'd only mean that at the end there will be a massive clusterfuck with everyone duking it out.
    Or the war wont last like 2 weeks like it normally does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Or the war wont last like 2 weeks like it normally does.
    2 volumes a year for the next ten years, just you wait.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost132435 View Post
    I watched Baccano!....Does that count?
    Nope. Read the Light Novels. The novels are great!

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not until I'm done learning Japanese.

- - - Updated - - -

Which will take a long time.......
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind 20 more volumes : ^)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    King Richard forever in 8th grader phase.
    These wounds/on my head/they won't heal

Blog Entries
    Only a flesh wound.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    In a canyon of red clay soil several kilometers north of the cave Gilgamesh had been summoned in, a man was standing on a hill of roughly the same elevation as the top floor of Crystal Hill. He was a lanky man over two meters tall. A bow was gripped in his hands. It was larger than a normal great bow, but because it was being held by the slender man, it felt somewhat small. The man wore something that ought to be described as outlandish rather than strange. What would first attract one’s attention is the long piece of cloth vertically covering his body. It was not resting on his shoulders. Its center was placed over the top of his head, completely covering his face and the back of his head and then hanging down so as to conceal the front and back of his body. What can be seen of his face from the parts not covered by the cloth is at best the area around his ears, and one could not tell if even he could see in front. He had a skirt and undergarment behind the cloth and wore sandals, but he had no other piece of cloth on his upper body, and dark dye stained his exposed skin. There was also some form of pattern drawn in white dye on his body, but it was covered by the aforementioned cloth so its entirety could not be ascertained. The man, who at a glance looked like something that would appear in a horror game chasing after the main character, grinned beneath the cloth covering his face and gently drew the bow without a word. Then his fingers let go of the string, releasing a single arrow. At a speed far beyond the speed of the wind, beyond even the speed of sound.

Snowfield sky

A blade-like gust of wind hurtled through the city of Snowfield in a straight line. It cut through air and formed shockwaves, and by the time the boom resonated in the surroundings, the wind had already gone. In the center of the wind gust was a single arrow. Where it was heading was the top floor of Crystal Hill, a high-rise building at the heart of Snowfield. The arrow that the mysterious man shot had not decelerated, had not changed elevation, even briefly since he had fired it from the hill in the canyon, and it continued moving forward like a laser beam while ignoring the laws of physics. The arrow had already travelled 20 kilometers, which by itself proved that the bowman was no human being, no normal magus. The shockwave plowed through the city sky, the sound and impact shattering the glass of buildings below its line of fire.
    A human, no, even a Heroic Spirit would not be safe from a direct hit. Soon after piercing the top of its target’s head, the rest of the upper body would be blown to smithereens.
    The arrow continued straight on course to its target. To the head of the person standing next to Gilgamesh, the King of Heroes who was occupying the top floor of Crystal Hill: his Master, Tine Chelc.

Crystal Hill Royal Suite

Tine, who had been facing Gilgamesh, glanced to the window on the north side.
    “Eh…?”
    The sound hadn’t reached her yet. She simply sensed some strange disturbance in the mana in the air and just looked in that direction without much thought, but –
    By the time she noticed that the wind was being shredded, it had been too late. A single point of death was coming from her, already at a distance at which her reflexes could not act in time. However she moved, there were no means for her by which she could avoid the incoming arrow that was moving faster than sound. For her at least.
    “…”
    Instantly, thunder boomed outside the glass window when the arrow was within 20 meters from the hotel. Bright light dazzled, and innumerous small bolts of lightning ran across the sky. Of those, one had directly hit the arrow and dissipated what should have been a deadly blow in the air. Still, the shockwave shattered the glass, coming at all sides in the room.
    “ ”
    Tine casted a silent chant, and wind swirled from her hand to become a barrier that deflected the glass shrapnel raining down on herself, Gilgamesh, and her subordinates.
    “Are you uninjured?”
    She asked Gilgamesh after regaining her breath.
    Then the King of Heroes, who remained uninjured, answered unamused.
    “I am fine.”
    “What was that lightning?”
    “The lightning was one of my Noble Phantasms. It seems that it intercepted something.”
    Upon hearing this nonchalant reply from Gilgamesh, Tine mumbled something on reflex.
    “Intercepted?”
    Tine looked outside the window and saw multiple disks floating above the building.
    “An autodefensor. There was a chance that my friend would spring a surprise attack in jest, so I had readied it in case, but–“

Gilgamesh shifted his eyes to the north and took out a noble phantasm from his vault. It was a golden ring, which floated in the air, as seems to be the case with such objects, and had a strangely warped lens fit inside. Though it was a single lens, it showed the distant landscape like a telescope.
    “I did not think it would deflect an arrow from a mere Archer.”
    In the ring was a man boldly drawing a bow in this direction.
    “Archer…?”
    Questions entered Tine’s mind. Archer was none other than Gilgamesh. So it would have to be a Rider, Assassin, or Berserker-class Servant using a bow for a weapon. Tine looked at Archer through the golden ring and what surprised her first was how high his status values were. If you were to consider his total status points alone, it would appear that he was greater than Gilgamesh.
    Then it must be a Berserker?
    Gilgamesh muttered without changing his expression before an apprehensive Tine.
    “….Will you come with me?”
    But the second shot had already been fired.
    The bolts of lightning from the autodefensor activated and went to intercept the incoming arrow, but while several bolts had struck it, the arrow managed to slip through the lightning strikes and came for Gilgamesh. The speed at which electricity transmitted through the air, the speed of lighting in other words, is slower than light, but it should have been fast enough to catch a normal arrow. But the speed of the arrow went beyond the limits of humanity. Gilgamesh instantly manifested his armor and knocked the arrow away with his left gauntlet. However, apparently not completely nullifying its force, a portion of the armor broke and chips of gold fell to the floor.
    “….Ho.”
    Coldly looking at the chips of his armor, Gilgamesh slightly narrowed his eyes, then,
    “Impressive bowmanship, however… I will shake off the rust from my treasures with you, you manner-less barbarian!”
    An enormous noble phantasm appeared to the side of the top floor, outside of the shattered glass.
    “What is this?”
    “Tine, get on the back.”
    “Are you sure of it?
    “If I leave you behind, I cannot protect you from those infernal arrows. Until I fulfill my promise with my friend, I cannot have you die.”

Tine nodded strongly to answer the plainly-spoken words of the King and boarded the rear of the huge noble phantasm. It looked like it was a golden yacht with large fairy wings. It was the noble phantasm Vimana, a small aerial battleship among the noble phantasms of Gilgamesh. The King’s Treasure which is said to include all treasures included not only weapons but the crystallizations of all knowledge produced by man. When Tine was on the rear of Vimana on all fours, Gilgamesh launched the golden vehicle. The sudden acceleration almost caused Tine to be blown off unwittingly, but she managed to regain her balance and breath by using wards against wind and gravity control magic. Gilgamesh stood powerfully on the bow and sent the battleship toward Archer. Sometimes arrows launched by Archer would come but the dozens of interception systems deployed around it completely shot down all of them.
    “This is amazing…”
    The girl unconsciously exclaimed with emotion after seeing again what it was she was riding on.
    “It can even do this…”
    Was it awe or was it wonder that was contained in the emotions in the voice of the girl?

Speed translation, and I was going to do more, but it's late, my head hurts, I have poor chemistry with Gilgamesh, and I'm getting lazy. Maybe I'll do the rest tomorrow.
    Last edited by peanuts; June 17th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    True Archer's arrows confirmed stronger than Excalibur.

And it's not a scar on his chest, but a pattern? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    N I M R O D

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the translation!

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    If it's Nimrod then.....I will be really amaze. The guy sounds badass!

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Blog Entries
    I like the part where Gilgamesh bitchslaps the arrow right out of the air.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nimrod even kinda fits with his provocative attitude, given that Nimrod was basically having a hissy fit about how God had destroyed his forefathers by flooding the world.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Jeeeesus this Archer.

“An autodefensor. There was a chance that my friend would spring a surprise attack in jest, so I had readied it in case, but–“
    Sneaky Enkidu.

“If I leave you behind, I cannot protect you from those infernal arrows. Until I fulfill my promise with my friend, I cannot have you die.”
    Ah! Interesting.

she managed to regain her balance and breath by using wards against wind and gravity control magic.
    Next up: magi in space.