Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1419222324

Thread: Bloodless Sins

Blog Entries
    Shinji in canon was basically screwed over in the War because he doesn't have the skills of a magus to help him in a fight, and he doesn't have the kind of personality that lends itself well to negotiating or to admitting when he's in a situation beyond his control. The only reason he really survived UBW was because Shirou insisted on saving him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Shinji in canon was basically screwed over in the War because he doesn't have the skills of a magus to help him in a fight, and he doesn't have the kind of personality that lends itself well to negotiating or to admitting when he's in a situation beyond his control. The only reason he really survived UBW was because Shirou insisted on saving him.
    I though Rin did most of the saving there.

She did on the spot neural surgery.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amado View Post
    rather late on the shinji discussion, but I think il add another reason why shinji's not really looked by other people as redeemable: its because how incompetent and weak shinji was portrayed.

let shinji keep his character traits/personality, but add certain scenes of him being a magnificent bastard/being successful/having some actual talent and he'd gain at least a bit more fans. to put it, the negatives greatly outweigh the positives regarding shinji. well, at least if you didnt check the manga or see HA.
    Yeah, it's not so much that he is despicable but that he's not successful or has no flashy scenes. Otherwise he would be more like Kotomine or Gilgamesh. Also, he is very petty so he has less grand, epic desires. Instead of UNLEASH ALL EVIL ON THE WORLD it's "this girl isn't into me FUCK THAT BITCH."
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Possibly since Shinji was considerably less of a...pick your adjective...in the manga, it was possible that they did some variation the workaround discussed earlier in this thread, where Rider was given over to Shinji to command in the War but Sakura remained her Master proper, which in turn allowed Rider to be stronger and have lots more mana to burn?

Doubtful, because then he'd have both Rider's prana to burn and essentially Sakura's, so draining the school would be a moot point and would be stupid strategically, because people would investigate. And unlike Caster he doesn't have a powerful stronghold.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I though Rin did most of the saving there.

She did on the spot neural surgery.
    Rin did the actual saving. However, she wouldn't have gone out of her way to do it if it wasn't for Shirou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Doubtful, because then he'd have both Rider's prana to burn and essentially Sakura's, so draining the school would be a moot point and would be stupid strategically, because people would investigate. And unlike Caster he doesn't have a powerful stronghold.
    Couldn't they have just thought "we can't beat Saber without going all out" (which is true) and decided to burn some now so they can win and get all the mana they want later?

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Couldn't they have just thought "we can't beat Saber without going all out" (which is true) and decided to burn some now so they can win and get all the mana they want later?

While that has merit, it also doesn't take away from the danger of doing something this ostentatious when Rider can drain people in their sleep. Further, Sakura would know if Rider did that and order her to stop, regardless of what Shinji wanted.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't she just do that in canon FSN.

Blog Entries
    And now you know why Shinji isn't the best strategist.
    Why almost kill the school when you can just auction off Rider as a sleep therapist? Boom, infinite mana.

Blog Entries
    Why almost kill the school when you can just auction off Rider as a sleep therapist? Boom, infinite mana.
    Ingenious. Whats up with the avatar?
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Ego > strategy