Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21262930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate:Lost Einherjar - Aslaug of the Aurora

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Traditionally speaking, Grail wars have caused more trouble than they're worth for the Association, since they just get people like Kayneth killed and potentially break Concealment of Mystics, so the rules do make sense from that perspective, so I can't dislike them.

That said, the thought occurs there's also some of that old fashioned Mage's Association racism baked in too. They didn't care when this thing was being held in Japanese and Romanian cities, but they pull out the stops for Oslo?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I mean, not even just that. IIRC, the numerous amount of subspecies Grail Wars since WW2 have outright drastically reduced the global population of magi* (hence why Darnic could go up a rank). So I can understand the Association deciding to put rules to these things.

Also, they did care when it was held in Romania, they sent a 50 strong team to stop it and, when that didn't work, they resorted to a Red Team.

*there it was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha materials
    He has the highest rank of Grand, but this is an unusual occurrence that only happened in the Apocrypha world. This is because the number of magi in the Apo world is sharply dropping due to so many subspecies Holy Grail Wars having occurred. As a consequence of this, almost all the magi who have survived them have slid up one rank higher than their original rank.
    Last edited by All fictions; February 4th, 2023 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by All fictions View Post
    He has the highest rank of Grand, but this is an unusual occurrence that only happened in the Apocrypha world. This is because the number of magi in the Apo world is sharply dropping due to so many subspecies Holy Grail Wars having occurred. As a consequence of this, almost all the magi who have survived them have slid up one rank higher than their original rank.
    Huh, that actually explains how most of the magi in the series seem to know each other. If the number of magi world wide is so small that competitions of 3-5 men apiece are drastically reducing the population, then it makes sense that Berzinsky and Svin have met Kadoc and how all of the Red Masters have affiliation with Waver through their relatives, the magus dating pool has to be in the hundreds even at the best of times, not including anyone who died/got sealed/disappeared under mysterious circumstances, so basically most mages in a given age bracket are probably at least aware of one another, if not personally familiar through study or just moving in the same circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

I'd hate to be like a random dude in the Apocrypha world. If there's this many grail wars the chances of you dying to some Servant are probably pretty high.

That being said I'd love to see some of those epic strategy guides the magi are spreading around for the grail wars. "DO NOT SUMMON A FOREIGNER WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!"

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    That being said I'd love to see some of those epic strategy guides the magi are spreading around for the grail wars. "DO NOT SUMMON A FOREIGNER WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!"
    Sounds like a skill issue tbh

Do you think that there's like, a subset of magi out there who summon a Servant specifically so they can have an easy waifu/husbando? Like the in-universe equivalent of FGO players who only roll for characters they're attracted to?

- - - Updated - - -

Like "yeah I didn't really come here to fight a war I just wanted a friend"

Blog Entries
    Do you think that there's like, a subset of magi out there who summon a Servant specifically so they can have an easy waifu/husbando? Like the in-universe equivalent of FGO players who only roll for characters they're attracted to?
    The loneliest master in the world summoning Kiyohime and realising they've made a terrible mistake. XD

Still, Joanne has apparently won one before, so I wonder if we're gonna get any details on how that one worked out? I'm not expecting like a full roster like Narita would do, but a quick summary like what we heard about Berzinsky's previous attempt would be interesting.
    Galleries for Stuff

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Be really funny if Bazett's family ended up in a Holy Grail War and used Fraggle Rock as a catalyst just to see what came out the other end.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Like "yeah I didn't really come here to fight a war I just wanted a friend"
    Doris went to Snowfield with the intention of eating a Servant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Still, Joanne has apparently won one before
    Spoiler:
    Percival won four before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Spoiler:
    Percival won four before.
    Spoiler:
    That seems like a joke given he was the original Grail Knight.
    Galleries for Stuff

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Spoiler:
    That seems like a joke given he was the original Grail Knight.
    Spoiler:
    Nah apparently Ragnar describes his opponent's appearance, and Lemina immediately recognizes him as Percival and tells her team to get out of there because he has so many wins under his belt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    Nah apparently Ragnar describes his opponent's appearance, and Lemina immediately recognizes him as Percival and tells her team to get out of there because he has so many wins under his belt.
    Spoiler:
    Sorry, think I've created the wrong impression here, I didn't mean it wasn't a serious thing in the story, but that identifying Percival and his numerous grail wins seems like a tongue in cheek reference to him being one of knights known to have claimed the grail in myth.
    Galleries for Stuff

US Friend Code
    Ah. Yeah, maybe.

Certified Bazett Appreciator Armandoiskyu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    Be really funny if Bazett's family ended up in a Holy Grail War and used Fraggle Rock as a catalyst just to see what came out the other end.
    Would love to see that: "We didn't really try, we just used one of our old rocks and got a divine spirit haha funny right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Armandoiskyu View Post
    Would love to see that: "We didn't really try, we just used one of our old rocks and got a divine spirit haha funny right?"
    You do know that it's impossible to summon an actual divine spirit in most HGWs right? The Einzberns tried and all they got was Angry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryugasaikyou View Post
    You do know that it's impossible to summon an actual divine spirit in most HGWs right? The Einzberns tried and all they got was Angry.
    I know, but it WOULD be funny if they got one somehow by sheer accident.

Blog Entries
    Hey guys is it to early to start with the batshit insane theories? Because i already have one.

Never too early, nor too late.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi View Post
    Never too early, nor too late.
    Nice, so my theory is that Maltheim is either the antagonist or a puppet antagonist to the real one, he is the only master we don't know anything about, at least we know the full name and an extra detail about the others but nothing about him, also he not only has Saber but also the mystery 8th servant, my two ideas are that:

a) He is a secret member of the clock tower higher ups that run the war and he is there to make sure everything goes smooth and to make sure the rules (which we know are kinda fishy specially the 3rd one) are followed as they should (kinda like Faldeus but not making everything worse)

or b) He is the minion of the true baddie that either is someone who has some fucked up wish or is something similar to option a

Either way Maltheim would be sorta like the Kirei to Lemina's Shirou, where they interact and he seems sus from the beginning, i also think that while yes the rules take a lot of stakes away, i believe that if the story instead takes a Mahoyo approach where the plot is just an excuse for the character interaction and development then the story could make up for that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armandoiskyu View Post
    Nice, so my theory is that Maltheim is either the antagonist or a puppet antagonist to the real one, he is the only master we don't know anything about, at least we know the full name and an extra detail about the others but nothing about him, also he not only has Saber but also the mystery 8th servant, my two ideas are that:

a) He is a secret member of the clock tower higher ups that run the war and he is there to make sure everything goes smooth and to make sure the rules (which we know are kinda fishy specially the 3rd one) are followed as they should (kinda like Faldeus but not making everything worse)

or b) He is the minion of the true baddie that either is someone who has some fucked up wish or is something similar to option a

Either way Maltheim would be sorta like the Kirei to Lemina's Shirou, where they interact and he seems sus from the beginning, i also think that while yes the rules take a lot of stakes away, i believe that if the story instead takes a Mahoyo approach where the plot is just an excuse for the character interaction and development then the story could make up for that.
    This, this is good. I think you may have something here. What if we're dealing with a more literal Kirei type? Someone that is nominally supposed to be impartial, but is aiming to take the grail for themselves? Especially in this case since it's apparently two sub grails janked together. Maybe this is some clocktower stooge's attempt to juryrig a proper Grail (ala strange fake) by using this linked grail system and while everyone else is beholden to the rules of the association they'll pull some sorta fast one and try to take the win for themselves. Bonus points if Maltheim is a red herring and double points if their goal for the grail directly links back to the 9th century narrative in some way.
    Galleries for Stuff