Page 826 of 858 FirstFirst ... 326726776816821824825826827828831836 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,520 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "LO AND BEHOLD! SERVANT FOREIGNER HAS FINALLY ARRIVED FOR HIS GRAND DEBUT! ...Ahem, my apologies, I've always had a flair for the dramatic. Now then! Shall we get the opening act started, Master?"

Source

Class: Foreigner
    Other Classes: Caster, Berserker
    True Name:
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin:
    Ireland

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: E
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: EX

Dislikes: Hypocrisy, lies, isolation
    Talent: Satirization, writing poetry, witty banter
    Armament: A fountain pen, with seemingly otherworldly properties
    Catalyst: His letter, written during his imprisonment

Class Skills
    Existence Outside the Domain
    A skill of those under the Foreigner class, signifying contact with a being beyond human comprehension. During his imprisonment, Foreigner encountered a god known as "The Render of Veils". An incomprehensible being who dispels all hypocrisies and illusions, allowing one to see things as they really are. The god presented him with a glimpse of the future, and into the hearts of mankind. Yet while so much information would normally drive anyone mad, Foreigner resisted this madness. Instead, this vision reassured him that his cause was ultimately just. Knowing such, he was able to spend the rest of his life and pass on in peace.

Divinity
    The encounter with the Outer God granted Foreigner a portion of its divinity. That said, its rank was severely diminished due to Foreigner's human body and relatively recent origins.

Personal Skills
    Aesthetic Appreciation
    Foreigner was a renowned poet, playwright, and central character in the philosophy of aestheticism. If he happens to see a Noble Phantasm with artistic anecdotes, there is a high chance that he could figure out its true name.

Omniscient Eye
    A composite skill consisting of Foreigner's Human Observation and the Outer God's Clairvoyance (Transcendent), both at roughly B-rank. A combination of Foreigner's own perceptiveness as a human and the Outer God's ability to discern the absolute "truth" from the past, present, and future. Grants Foreigner the ability to see through most lies and illusions, as well as a limited ability to see the future. Its range and duration can be temporarily increased by tapping into more of the Outer God's power, although this requires a significant mana cost.

The Happy Prince
    A skill that would normally serve as Foreigner's primary Noble Phantasm if he's summoned under another class. As a skill, this is a spell similar to summoning, based on another one of his more famous works. With this, Foreigner is capable of summoning two things. The first is a swallow made of magical energy, suitable for reconnaissance. The second is a large automaton resembling a sword-wielding prince. Foreigner can control these summons remotely.

Satirization
    Foreigner's greatest skill as a literary Heroic Spirit, coming from his frequent criticisms of social norms within the British society. The ability to turn anything he observes into a mocking, sarcastic, even comedic imitation of itself. As a skill, it gradually reduces the strength of any Noble Phantasm the longer Foreigner observes it. In maximum effect, legendary sacred swords would turn into flabby rubber swords, and laser beams would turn into harmless light shows. Of course, witnessing Noble Phantasms up close for long periods of time to increase the effectiveness of this skill without getting himself killed is a different challenge on its own.

Noble Phantasm(s)

De Profundis
    Dear Bosie: Absolute Acceptance of Oneself

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Falsehood
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1

"From the depths", a letter Foreigner addressed to his lover during the time of his imprisonment, near the end of his life. While his time of imprisonment was grueling, unexpectedly, the isolation also presented Foreigner with an opportunity for reflection, self-acceptance. and spiritual growth. In it, he acknowledged his flaws, refusing to accuse external forces for his predicament, instead embracing his hardships in order to improve himself.

This Noble Phantasm is a combination of Foreigner's mindset and the Outer God's ability of discerning the absolute "truth" within everything. A limited release of this Noble Phantasm is akin to granting his target a part of his Omniscient Eye skill, allowing the target to see through illusions and falsehoods within their vicinity. A more terrifying version of this Noble Phantasm can be unleashed using the Outer God's power, however...

Invoking the Outer God's authority allows Foreigner to effectively hack into the target's mind by touching their head. There, the Outer God brings out every event, regret, emotion, and belief that the target has ever possessed, no matter how heavily hidden or suppressed they are. Afterwards, the target is forced to unconditionally acknowledge every last one of these findings as "true". The massive influx of information and emotion, combined with all the cognitive dissonances would normally be enough to drive the target into an emotional wreck at best, or rob them of their sanity altogether at worst.

As "a function that brings hidden truths to light", this Noble Phantasm is more effective when the target has some emotional or cognitive aspects that they suppress or keep in denial. This makes it terrifyingly powerful against certain Berserkers whose entire existence was based solely on these aspects or memories. In addition to that, as this Noble Phantasm simply unearths "what was already there", it is not recognized as a mental attack, rendering most mental fortification skills useless. Conversely, this Noble Phantasm is deals little to no damage when used on those who has fully accepted themselves and have nothing else to hide.

Description
    Foreigner's True Name is none other than Oscar Wilde, a famous Irish poet and playwright. He has formed a contract of sorts with the Outer God Daoloth, the Render of the Veils.

Similar to how he was in life, Foreigner is a flamboyant, eccentric man with a charming wit and sense of humor. He enjoys a witty banter with others, often incorporating literature and theater euphemisms to his speech patterns. Even more so, he enjoys the attention he gets from the public, be it the thunderous sound of applause, cheers, or even mockery from the crowd. According to him, any kind of reaction from the crowd signifies that he has made an impact on their hearts, however minor. Conversely, he may begin to doubt himself and ruminate in his failures the moment he is left alone for a long period of time.

Foreigner possesses a nigh-boundless sense of idealism, a trait that would be further amplified if he were summoned as a Berserker. A man who persevered despite receiving a lot of backlash and controversial responses from society. Despite the negativity he would often receive, he continued to laugh as he mocked the lies and hypocrisies underneath the British society. As a Servant, he is prone to going off on dramatic rants on the flaws and injustice within society, and how the world would be a much better place if everyone can set aside their differences, assumptions, and personal biases and see each other as they truly are, namely as humans living in the same Earth.

It goes without saying, but Foreigner despises hypocrisy and double standards. The society who championed "peace" but conscripted their youngsters to war, one who championed "life" but scorned children born out of wedlock, and one who championed "love", but imprisoned him simply due to his definition of love being different than other people's... These were the ones Foreigner despises, both in life and as a Servant. Should he encounter someone with those beliefs, he would start by sarcastically mocking and deconstructing their beliefs, and if all else fails, he will unleash his Noble Phantasm.

Foreigner possesses no wish for the Grail, perhaps due to the Outer God letting him know of the "truth" of the Grail itself. Yet if one were to ask whether he has any wish at all, he would wish for a society where everyone is equal. One where discrimination and double standards does not exist and all humans can live in peace together. He is aware that this is a rather unrealistic dream, and many may consider him naive for it, yet as a man who possesses such massive ideals, he would do everything he can to realize his dream, no matter how insignificant his actions may seem...

...Yes, for the sake of his utopia, he will utilize everything in his power. While as an artist, he can appreciate the subjectivity of human thoughts and emotions, should he reach the conclusion that this subjectivity is the root of the conflicts he despises so much, he would not hesitate to erase the concept of "subjectivity" itself and establish his utopia by bringing about the coming of the Outer God. Whether he would remain "human" and slowly realize his dream from day to day by altruistically helping others and speaking out against injustice like he did in life, or resign himself to the Outer God and establish an absolute world without falsehood... The answer may entirely depend on his observations on the world and the time he spends with his master...

Lore
    Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) was an Irish poet and playwright. He was best known as one of the leading figures in the philosophy of aestheticism and the constant criticisms he displayed towards the British society through his works of satire. Some of his most famous works include the novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray", the play "Salome", and a series of short stories such as "The Happy Prince". Known for his biting wit, flamboyant dress and glittering conversational skill, Wilde became one of the best-known personalities of his day. His satirical works often garnered controversy from the British society, yet unhinged by the negative responses, he continued in his work, ultimately becoming one of the most successful playwrights of late-Victorian London.

Yet his works was put to an end on May 1895, when he was imprisoned for "gross indecency" when his relationship with the young nobleman Alfred Douglas was uncovered. Two years under the harsh conditions of prison significantly worsened his health, and after his release, he never returned to UK. While his time in prison has brought him a newfound sense of spiritual fulfillment, he spent the last three years of his life impoverished and in exile, until his death due to meningitis in 1900.

De Profundis, the letters he wrote to his lover while in prison, was published posthumously in 1905.

Yet only the man himself knew of what really happened during his imprisonment, where he encountered a being not of this world.
    The conditions in prison was unkind to Wilde. His health is worsening, his lover never replied to any of his letters, and for the first time, he genuinely felt alone. It was here that he started to doubt himself and question his actions. Was he truly right to pick a fight with the British society through his works? And even if he was right, in a few decades or centuries, would his works even leave any impact? Would anyone truly remember him..?

Yet one night, something appeared before him; the Outer God known as Daoloth. The Outer God possesses an indescribable shape, enough that anyone who witnesses his form would be driven to madness. Yet in a stroke of luck, the absolute darkness of Wilde's cell prevented him from gazing at the Outer God, allowing him to avoid insanity.

The Outer God manifested on Earth to observe humans and strike terror to their hearts, yet for the lonely, desperate Wilde, it was nothing more than another audience to entertain with his stories. And so for the next few nights, the two formed an odd sense of friendship. Every night, the Outer God would manifest under the pitch-black darkness, and Wilde would entertain it with stories of his observations as it listened with an otherworldly, almost childlike sense of curiosity.

It was a few weeks before his release that Wilde told the Outer God of his insecurities. He did not expect it to understand, yet it was then that an otherworldly fog enveloped him, perhaps the creature's way of showing its sympathy. Within the fog, the creature showed him a vision of the future. A vision showing how despite its ugliness, society gradually improved for the better. It also showed him the impact he made on the world, and how he was remembered even more than a century after his death.

Wilde was elated to witness this vision, yet when he asked if he could witness these changes himself, the Outer God simply remained silent with pity. It proceeded to show him a vision of his impending death just a few years after his release. It was then that the Outer God offered him a deal. By allowing it to possess his body, Wilde would be immortal, allowing him to witness the realization of his ideals himself, and perhaps even accelerate these changes with its powers.

Wilde briefly considered the offer, yet he ultimately refused. For him, the idea that he had made a lasting impact in society, and that his ideals are ultimately just and even plausible in the future was enough for him to truly accept himself and embrace his fate. Thus, the Outer God left, imparting him with a small portion of its power, and Wilde left prison with a newfound sense of self-acceptance and spiritual awakening. Ultimately, despite the Outer God's tempting offer, the man known as Oscar Wilde lived and died as a human, fully content with himself and the world.

...Yet in a timeline differing from our own, perhaps it would not be impossible to imagine him accepting the Outer God's deal. Perhaps if it had shown him a certain event in 1911, where his lover, Lord Alfred Douglas, openly expressed his hatred of Wilde, describing him as "the greatest force for evil that has appeared in Europe during the last three hundred and fifty years". Douglas also claimed that he intensely regretted meeting Wilde and helping him with the production of Salome, calling it "a most pernicious and abominable piece of work".

With a betrayal from someone he held dear, perhaps he might arrive at the conclusion that ultimately, his ideal society cannot go hand in hand with the "beauty" of human emotions. The peaceful, equal society he desired can never happen as long as humans have the capacity to hate anything they believe to be "different". Under such conditions, he may accept the Outer God's offer and bring about his ideal world, one without hypocrisy, secrets, lies, and falsehoods. One where everyone will be forced to live in absolute peace, all for his own humanity’s sake.

Alas, perhaps that is a story for another time...

Relationships
    Kiyohime, Penthesilea, Hijikata Toshizo, a large number of other Berserkers:
    "What fools, living in ignorance, clinging to some distant memory of God-knows-when... I must say, I have this morbid curiosity to see what would happen if I use my Noble Phantasm on them, but, well... I suppose the devotion they have towards such memories are rather admirable, in its own way..."

Emiya (Assassin):
    "Aah, what tragedy! I must applaud your idealism, but as much as I despise it, I suppose a grand thing such as 'world peace' cannot arrive so easily from a golden cup like that... And so the so-called MacGuffin turned out to be nothing more than another conveniently-placed plot device..."

Shakespeare, Andersen, Murasaki Shikibu, Emma Orczy:
    "Fellow masters of literature! It is truly a pleasure to be acquainted with you all. Perhaps we should bond over some tea and discuss our works together sometimes?"

Salome:
    "How curious... Did my play affect your circumstances as a Servant, or did your circumstances in life affect my portrayal of you there..? Perhaps we may never know..."

Katsushika Hokusai:
    "An esteemed painter from the orient, impressive! Your works can have some... obscene themes at times, but overall, I am quite a fan. Ahem, by the way, madam... aside from fellow artists, I sense another connection between us, although I cannot put my finger on it... Ah, w-wait, that's not what I meant! Don't take it the wrong way!"

Rangda:
    "Good and evil exists in unison..? No, don't make me laugh. Just because the world isn't fair and just now doesn't mean it should remain that way. The suffering that people endure, all while the upper echelons of society laugh and drown in their hypocrisy... One should always strive to make the world a better place, no matter how insignificant their actions seemingly appear to be. If everyone does that, I'm sure the ideals I share with so many others can be realized! And if it's not enough, well, for everyone's sake... I will make it enough."

Shi Huang Di:
    "While I cannot condone your methods, it appears that your people did live in a state of absolute peace for a time... Yet after the time I spent with master, I suppose human emotions, culture, and technology are truly inseparable from the growth of humanity. And so I have arrived at a similar conclusion to you. At least for the time being, I shall continue to observe the wonders and beauty of humanity."

Extra
    If Wilde is summoned under another class, he would be a relatively weak Servant with human observation and satirization as his specialties. The strongest thing he has would be his NP, The Happy Prince: Four Miracles for the Sake of Another. A slow-acting suicide attack which embodies his altruism and unrealistic wish, this NP allows him to fuse with the Happy Prince as some sort of battle armor that enhances his parameters. The armor cannot be taken off once used, and is adorned with four gemstones; two on the helmet, one on the hilt of its sword, and one on its chest.

Each of these gemstones are capable of performing small-scale "miracles" such as bringing someone from the brink of death, but causes Wilde great pain and significantly reduces his parameters whenever he takes one off his armor, with the fourth gemstone ultimately killing him once taken off. Yet the activation of this NP means surrendering to the story's narrative, and by the end of the war, Wilde would have given all four of them away purely out of altruism. These chain of events cannot be stopped by command seals, and can only be stopped if he were to come into contact with another NP that could "sever causality itself".

Ultimately, a weak Servant summoned not to win the Holy Grail War, but simply to help others.

Creator's Notes
    Sure enough, for my first Foreigner, I had to take some liberties with his lore. Hopefully it doesn't come off as too forced. I originally planned for him to be just a slightly stronger Hans/Shakespeare thanks to the boost he got from the Outer God, but before I knew it, this man just became a living embodiment of "chaotic good" and someone who's just one step away from being a Lostbelt King. I may or may not develop that Lostbelt idea on his lore if I have the inspiration.

All in all, enjoy this flamboyant, majestic Foreigner, comments welcome.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Assassin of the water

"I'll exterminate your opponents, then it will be just me and you"

Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Lawful/evil
    Region: Russia
    Height: 120cm
    Weight: varies
    Dislikes: ugly boys, dry land, being called a monster
    Talent: singing
    Armaments: water, voice
    Natural Enemy: fisherman

stats

Str: E
    End: E
    Agi: B
    Mna: EX
    Lck: E
    NP: C

Skills

class skills

Pressence Concealment(A-): It is possible to disappaer completely and become almost impossible to be detected, However the rank drops harshily when preparing to attack.

personal skills

Innocent Monster(C): Attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. Once a benevolent spirit linked to fertility, Assassin was later transformed into a terrible apparition.

Alluring Nightingale(A): A mesmerizing-kind of Skill possessed by those with a natural constitution of having a beautiful voice. It works as a fascination magecraft-like effect towards the opposite gender, but evasion is possible with a Magic Resistance Skill.

Watery Spirit(A-): A skill denoting the user as a nature spirit of the Water element. Assassin has a slight penalty because of her Innocent Monster skill, but she can still confidently use all of her abilities. This skill grants Assassin's control over all bodies of water around her, as well as the power to cleanse them of any impurities. She can also dissipate into thin mist, allowing her to negate most physical attacks by having them pass through her.

Noble phantasm

the green week
    Rusalnaya Nedelya

This is Assassin's Noble Phantasm, the method through which she takes her victims. The name is taken from the period in early june Where, per tradition, swiming is strictly prohibited, lest mermaids would drag a swimmer down to the river floor.
    Assassin starts this attack by first completely flooding the area where she and her target are located. She then starts singing to distract or paralysize her victims and them finally pulls them down and drowns them, making use of the properties of her watery body to nullify any resistance.
    A simple technic, it obviously has poor compatibility with other water spirits or those with the protection of water spirits.

Background

Assassin is a Rusalka, a character that shows up in Russian folklore. Howerver she is somewhat special.
    While most Rusalki are just grudges left behind by young maidens who commit suicide, Assassin has a different origin. She is a
    Undine
    Water spirit
    who was revered as a minor deity of fertility.
    However, with the advent of Christianity, Assassin's goodness was forgoten, she was demonized and turned into to the monster that she is know as.

personality

Assassin is a reserved person. She distance herself from people and tries to minimize contact with society, even with her own master if possible. Still, with patience and good will, one can breach her isolation and create a bond with her. This however, can lead to another problem.
    Once Assassin becomes dedicated to someone, she does so to the extreme. She will only see that person and, in the worse case, can demonstrate fits of jealousy that can result in danger to those around her target or even her target themselves.
    Last edited by the god of world-0; November 26th, 2019 at 12:54 PM.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

So many things basically ready to post...but the next contest date is already basically here. I hope I won't be the only one to start dumping after the prompt is announced.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a contest is what I need to break this impenatrable ennui...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    So many things basically ready to post...but the next contest date is already basically here. I hope I won't be the only one to start dumping after the prompt is announced.
    Nope, i'm totally with you

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Question: Anybody here happen to have any idea what some sort of star (shooting or otherwise) arrow would do? I mean the obvious would be for it to explode, but everything seems to do that already. Just going fast seems a bit underwhelming too...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ Cosmic energy - Warps spacetime or something to great effect.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you could turn the arrow into a miniature actual star , with a great gravitational field and radiation? Sounds like a weak idea, though I guess that it could have minor reality warping with the gravity or something like that.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, cosmic energy just seems to me to be too much of a kind of vague buzzword, connected to whatever concept an author wishes it to connect to. But that has given me another (probably related) idea...
    Thanks for the help.

And another idea I had was indeed that the arrow would function as an 'actual star' in comparison to the target(s), but be like an ordinary arrow to the rest of existence. That seemed a bit odd and slightly too powerful considering the power level that the Servant in question is gonna have.
    Last edited by Shiki-pon; November 29th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Foreigner
    Identity: Hassan of Golden Hands
    Source: Islam, Old Man of the Mountain
    Origin: Middle East
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Height: 168 cm
    Weight: 54 kg

Parameters:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: D
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: E
    NP: A+

Skills
    Class skills

Existence Outside the Domain: EX
    The essence of a divine being from an extraterrestrial plane.
    Being linked to the Fragmented Hurricane, she can harness part of its power.

Insanity: —
    Madness coming from the human mind being unable to comprehend the connection to an Outer God.
    A perfect specimen without any compatibility issue. Though all the previous vessels had their rationality evaporated and were corrupted beyond salvation, she is perfectly sane.

Divinity: B+
    Aptitude to become a Divine Spirit.
    A terminal in this world for the Fragmented Hurricane, unlike other Foreigners, her connection to it is biological, and thus her Divinity is higher than other fellows of her class.

Presence Concealment: B
    Can hide her presence, but the rank drops when preparing to attack.
    In order to take advantage of the name of Hassan, it's natural that she studied about the techniques of the Ḥashshāshīn.

Personal skills

Protection from Wind: A
    A popular charm in the Middle East, necessary for travels in the desert. Calling it a charm smacks of superstition, but the guard it offers isn’t to be looked down.
    Most wind-based attacks have no effect.

Zealotry: A
    Mental strength obtained by having such an intense faith that it can’t be understood by others.
    Overcomes trauma instantly and grants resistance against mental interference. The only acceptable mindset for an individual whose existence serves only one purpose.

Child of Chaos: EX
    Represents one as a child born in an alien realm that will become the same. Otherworldly blessings are given to this individual whose existence didn’t occur naturally.
    As a side effect, her hands are naturally golden.

Noble Phantasm

Zabaniya
    Cacophonic meditation

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

A unique and innate ability acquired due to the unique circumstances of her birth. Though displayed as one when reading her status, it is wrong to consider it a proper Noble Phantasm, as it is just “something special she can do”. Since it isn’t an actual Noble Phantasm, it shouldn't have a True Name, but since she stubbornly insists in being Hassan-i Sabbāh, she has managed to give it the True Name they use for their special techniques.

Re-adjustment of magical energy to sharpen the resonance with that Great One and its fragments. Being that its blood runs through her veins, it is only natural that they have an extremely similar wavelength. This is a radar-like ability thanks to which she can detect residual energy to track the other parts of the Fragmented Hurricane. Entering a trance-like state, her whole body emits a chaotic amalgam of noises, a replica of the cacophony sung in the court of The Blind Fool, similarly to a bat’s echolocation. Said noises are unable to be fully comprehended by humans, but will cause both sonic and mental damage.

Nabu’at Almudhanib
    Divine augur · Omen of completion

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1~99
    Maximum number of targets: 900 people

Only usable after Hassan has reached her maximum potential. The increase of affinity has enabled her to call forth one of the other fragments of the Outer God: the comet Aiin. Since she was summoned to look for what she couldn’t find, but not to reach it, the comet will fly dangerously close to the Earth, but won’t crash, thus making it impossible for her to obtain it.

Aiin is normally concealed in the Space of Imaginary Numbers, where its wake creates tides that alter the perception of time. When summoned into the real world, it stirs the flow of time, destabilizing time-streams and causing different timelines to converge temporarily, a phenomenon that is practically on the realm of Magic.

Character
    Personality

A girl fixated in her mission. The circumstances of her birth are completely strange, to the point that she can’t be considered human, but she doesn’t give herself time to think about that. She’s not worried about whether she’s a human or a monster, only about accomplishing the mission she was born to accomplish. Since she only thinks about that mission, she believes that anything else would be pointless, and refuses to even talk about anything unrelated. She is incredibly stubborn and refuses to change in any sort of way or to listen to any advice unless she asks for it. She also shows contempt for those who question her status as a Hassan.

When forced to leave her role aside (because forcing her is the only way for her to do so), she comes out as introverted and rather clumsy. It’s embarrassing for her to admit it, but she doesn’t know how to deal with issues such as friendship. If pushed to interact socially for too long, she will shyly comment how awkward the situation is and become more reserved than usual for a time.

Treatment with the Master

Since she has been summoned by a Master, she immediately assumes that their missions are connected. She is willing to help in any possible way for as long as it is necessary, but only because of that assumption. There will be no questions from her part, so she will never know that her mission may have nothing to do with her Master’s. In case of her being told the truth, she will just leave without saying anything.

Dialogue examples

Bond 1: “Keep in mind that this contract is merely temporary. We have completely different missions, it just happens that our interests coincide for a short time. Once this is over, we will mpt even say goodbye, and we will never see each other again.”

Bond 2: “I would like you to stop approaching me more than the strictly necessary. I don’t want to engage into any sort of conversation unless it’s about our missions.”

Bond 3: “What is it now? I didn’t want to say it, but you are starting to be a bit annoyi… ‘Are we friends?’ Of course I consider you a friend. …… Yes, I DO know what a friend is, thank you very much. It’s someone who will assist you when you need a favor, and for who you do something in exchange, isn’t it? Then, I have made plenty of friends in my life. Everyone who helped me with my mission was my frie… It takes more than that to make friends…? I don’t understand…”

Bond 4: “Er… It’s embarrassing to admit this, but I have been thinking on what you said about friends, and… I need to confess that you would be the first person to properly be my ‘friend’… Of course, I’m just expressing my thoughts, and you don’t need to see me as a friend if you don’t want to… I mean, I’m not saying that you hate me or anything like that…! It’s just that, I don’t really know how this should be done… Would you help me…?”

Bond 5:“If I ever were to say this in the past, it would only be a promise devoid of meaning, but now it’s something whose form I want to see realized. Our missions are only temporarily intertwined and our paths will diverge over time. We both know that. But, if we ever happen to meet again, once our fates are completed, then… let us spend the rest of our by then pointless existences together, and talk about our journeys until we become one with the dust.”

Likes: “I am a slave of fate. Likes and dislikes are needless. Have I ever wanted to be free from my destiny? I cannot see the point of that. As a matter of fact, the thought of following only my own will is frightening…”

Dislikes: “Hatred is as unnecessary as love for me. If there is something I may consider loathsome, that would be any sort of hindrance that would complicate my mission.”

Wish for the Grail: “Pointless. Even if my fate since birth was not to seek the way of completing that Great One, there is no Hassan that can escape the toll of the evening bell. Ah, but if only I could have sought for longer… Then maybe…”

Personal data
    Historical depiction

A mysterious Assassin Foreigner that has lost her name. She was born as a perfect specimen, with a flawless connection to the Outer God known as The Fragmented Hurricane. While most mages seek a way to the Root, what could be seen as her family sought the way to complete the Outer God. Since she had use of reason, she was only taught to fulfill her mission and find the Outer God’s components. Once she found them, she would become one with them and her personality would disappear to become an empty vessel for the god to manifest.

Raised in the 13th century in the Middle East, this woman came to know of the Old Man of the Mountain. Amazed by their reputation, she thought it would be convenient for her task to work in an organization with assassins that could gather information quite easily. However, she tried biting more than what she could chew and aspired to obtain the name of Hassan, as the highest position should grant her easier access to all the information. The next Hassan had already been chosen at that time, unfortunately for her, so she couldn't obtain that title, yet she still made use of it while working on her own. Needless to say, that as soon as the rumors of a fake Hassan reached the ears of the actual Old Man of the Mountain, she was killed without having fulfilled her mission.

Outer God · Depiction

The Fragmented Hurricane

One of the dancers at the court of The Blind Fool. Its form is thought to be that of a hurricane with purple and golden streaks, and its music is a cacophonic song mixed with other strange noises.

It receives its adjective of “Fragmented” because there are three parts of its body that are detached and exist in the mortal realm. Those parts are:

• A great statue hidden by a Demon God.

• The comet Aiin, soaring in the Space of Imaginary Numbers.

• A lineage of mages altered to be connected to it by blood.

The third component has been refined generation over generation until the perfected individual that this Hassan is was born. Once the three components have reunited, The Fragmented Hurricane will merge with them and materialize in this plane of existence.

Related characters

Old Man of the Mountain
    The evening bell always tolls the name of a Hassan when their time comes. But this time I’m not the assassin Hassan-i Sabbāh, but a nameless Foreigner that borrowed that name for a short time. I hope this is enough for me not to meet that skull again.

Hassan of the Cursed Arm
    The Hassan with a demon's arm… I remember hearing that a demon hid the statue that is part of the Great One… It's just a theory, but maybe that demon was the same demon he took that arm from… Perhaps I will try asking him later for details.

Hassan of Serenity
    Why yearn for contact? Is it out of love? How pointless. What is the purpose of love, anyways? What I heard of it is that it's like a sweet poison that will melt the mind and cause endless suffering if used uncorrectly.

Hassan of Hundred Faces
    So complicated… I wonder how they can cope with being an individual fragmented into one hundred different people… If that Great One was divided into those many parts, it would be impossible to complete it.

Zealot Hassan
    It’s quite surprising to see that she has managed to copy all the techniques of the previous Hassans. Well, almost all of them. I cannot blame her for not being able to imitate mine of all the techniques… Is this feeling “pride” for my own talent?

Sakata Kintoki
    No, these are not “GOLDEN Gauntlets” as you call them… Yes, they are my natural hands… It’s difficult to explain, I apologize…

An unorthodox Hassan that I thought of making after reading there was an Outer God related to the Hassans. I'm not completely satisfied with her skillset, but I couldn't think of anything better that wouldn't be too OP. I should nerf the second NP a bit too, I guess. I like to imagine that she's that type of Servant that has an animation change at the 3rd Ascension and goes from attacking like an Assassin to use the eldritch powers she's supposed to have.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; December 5th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hassan of the Golden Hands: Not to be (too) pedantic, but aren't all of the Zabaniya notable for not being inborn qualities? I mean, their description certainly states that everyone besides the Hundred-Faced Hassan got their Zabaniya through modifying their bodies.
    Then again, I guess this could be an alternate, failed or Lostbelt Hassan. But (then) then again I guess that Hassans also have the descriptor of only qualifying to be Assassins, so this one breaks the mold there already.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I admit that I made a rookie mistake and didn't take into account the basic traits of Hassans and Zabaniyas when making this sheet, and based it only in the existence of an Outer God related to Hassan. I did consider leaving her as just an Assassin, or as an Assassin that "evolves" into a Foreigner as she wields more power of the OG, though I suppose that the second choice would still break the mold.

Guess that a change in her lore could do the trick. Rather than making her a Hassan, she could be someone that made use of the name of Hassan and its fame to gather information, or a candidate that never got to become an actual Hassan (though this would make her too similar to Zealot).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mm. Also, it bears noting (in terms of time frame) that the last Hassan-i-Sabbah (Hundred-Faced Hassan) probably caused the whole 'fall of Alamut' debacle and the destruction of the Assassin order. So the last Hassan died around the years 1253-1275, with 1253 coinciding with Alamut's fall to the Mongols and 1275 being the Assassins' last attempt at retaking Alamut, which ended up breaking their power and the order itself.

What this means that depending on what timeline Hassan of the Golden Hands is related to, she could well have been a contemporary of Hundred-Faced Hassan and the Zealot, too. I wonder if it would be worth it to try and make a 'Hassan with the longest period of duty', making him an old man/woman as a Heroic Spirit (a rough calculation revealing that with 19 Hassans and 185 years of activity, the average Hassan was active for around a decade - that is, if each Hassan was replaced immediately by a chosen successor, rather than being a Hassan-less period of time in between).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, I do believe its December.

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Avenger
    True Name: Robert E. Lee
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: America (19th century)
    Armament: Sword, pistol

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MANA: E
    LUCK: C
    NP: B

Skills
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance - Rank E: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Despite hailing from the modern era, Ruler has been granted the bare minimum of ability to resist magical energy in accordance with his role as overseer.

God’s Resolution - Rank A+: A Class Skill of the Ruler class and is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War: the right to use Command Spells against Servants.
    In addition to gaining two Command Spells per Servant involved in the Holy Grail War, Ruler also has two Command Spells for use on himself.

True Name Discernment - Rank D: A Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant.
    During a direct encounter, there is a large chance that a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a further Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities.

Personal Skills

Tactics - Rank B: Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    Hailed as one of the finest military minds of his generation, Ruler’s Tactics gains an advantage when used for offensive purposes. Conversely, his ability to reduce the effectiveness of enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasms is limited.

Innocent Monster - Rank B: An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this Personal Skill cannot be removed.
    Due to his reputation and role in history, Ruler has been both praised and vilified in equal measure, painted as a saint by some and a devil by others. His Innocent Monster has the effect of splitting his manifestation along clear lines into Ruler and Avenger, though neither truly embody his ‘good’ or ‘evil’ sides.

Charisma - Rank B: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles.
    The morale of military forces Ruler commands is extremely high. He is remembered as a leader whose soldiers would loyally follow him into every fight no matter how desperate. However, his possession of this Skill is largely a result of his Innocent Monster Skill.

Servant of the Holy Grail - Rank A+: A Skill that marks the user as a truly impartial entity in a Holy Grail War. It makes having a Master an impossibility under any circumstances, as the user only obeys the commands of the Holy Grail itself. In exchange, the magical energy required for continued manifestation is constantly supplied.
    Ruler possesses an aversion to warfare, an aversion that is further heightened while he is incarnated in his current class. As such, he serves only the Holy Grail that summoned him, acting solely in accordance to a Ruler’s role as an overseer of the Holy Grail War without regard to his own desires.

Noble Phantasms

The Steel of the Founding Father
    Sword of Washington

Anti-Unit (Self), Rank D+
    The sword granted to Ruler upon his appointment as general, being the famed sword of George Washington. Through his relation to the great man, Ruler can draw out some of the greatness associated with Washington’s legend. As such, his legend as a ‘general’ is amplified accordingly. Possession of the sword also ranks up Ruler’s Charisma.
    Though a powerful weapon, the Sword of Washington grants Ruler his forebear’s nigh-supernatural ability to avoid death, particularly from ranged attacks. All incoming attacks are slightly redirected, so as to barely miss or cause only insignificant damage. However, highly skilled opponents can easily overcome this ability once they become aware of it.

It is Well that War is so Terrible
    Pickett's Charge

Anti-Army, Rank B
    A Noble Phantasm born from experience. It inflicts bitter defeat onto Ruler’s enemies, in the same way as he himself once suffered. Pickett’s Charge could be understood as an ‘Anti-Charge’ Noble Phantasm, deployable only from range. Though Ruler himself was on the losing end of the famous Pickett’s Charge in history, he uses the same principles of his mistake to teach his enemies the same lesson he once learned.
    Deployed in response to an enemy attack, Pickett’s Charge manifests the guns of Ruler’s army. As they lay down fire upon the approaching targets, the guns’ rate of fire and the damage they inflict rises in proportion to the effort Ruler’s enemies put into approaching him, including factors such as speed, number of targets and possible enchantments and other beneficial magical effects when determining its effectiveness. A mass of targets charging Ruler at a high speed can be all but obliterated within moments.

Description
    Dislikes: Hasty action, fighting
    Talents: Aggressive tactics, self-control
    Natural Enemy: Himself

Ruler’s true name is Robert E. Lee, the Commander of the Confederate Army.

Lee is a somber man intensely dedicated to his duties and to gentlemanly behaviour. Though it is not immediately apparent, a steady determination burns within him, pushing him onward through fire and war. Due to his experiences, he has come to truly despise war and fighting, much preferring to guide and teach others. As overseer, he guides the Holy Grail War with a surprisingly gentle hand, approaching Masters and Servants that toe the line of the rules and offering his guidance and tutorship in order to help them perform their duties better. Should he come to blows with another, however, Lee will give his all to vanquish his foes. However, he is inclined to show mercy in all but the most reprehensible of cases.
    He expresses no great belief in causes, but strives to do what he sees as right as well as his duties allow him to. Even if he should find his actions in service wrong, he sees it as his unpleasant duty to carry them through. This view also applies to his past, and though it is not proper for him to express it, he regrets some, but not all of his actions in the service of the Confederacy. Part of his reticence comes from his belief that showing regret for what was done would render the sacrifices of the men under his command and the forces of his enemies pointless - in honour of the Civil War’s soldiery, he keeps his feelings to himself.
    As a Ruler, Lee remains noncommittal when it comes to other Servants, wishing to keep his relations with them formal. He has a deep respect of soldiers and warriors, though he favors Christians over those he sees as pagans. For his own reasons, Lee does his best to keep his distance from Heroic Spirits that originate from his own era.
    As he has been summoned as a Ruler, Lee recognizes no Master but the Holy Grail. Barring any direct instruction from the cup, he will dedicate his utmost to upholding the rules of the Holy Grail War. Seeing this service as his allotted task, Lee takes to his duty without pleasure or resignation. Just as it was in life, his loyalty cannot be swayed, and he serves as the Holy Grail War’s keeper to his last breath.
    Lee possesses no wish to the Holy Grail, as is proper for a Ruler.

Lore
    A Confederate general who led southern forces against the Union Army in the U.S. Civil War, Robert Edward Lee was born on January 19, 1807, at his family home of Stratford Hall in northeastern Virginia.
    Lee was cut from Virginia aristocracy. His extended family members included a president, a chief justice of the United States and signers of the Declaration of Independence. His father, Colonel Henry Lee, also known as "Light-Horse Harry," had served as a cavalry leader during the Revolutionary War and earned recognition as one of the war's heroes, winning praise from General George Washington.
    At 18, he enrolled at West Point Military Academy, where he put his drive and serious mind to work. He placed second in his graduating class after four spotless years without a demerit and wrapped up his studies with perfect scores in artillery, infantry and cavalry.
    After graduating from West Point, Lee married Mary Custis, the great-granddaughter of Martha Washington in 1831. Together, they had seven children: three sons and four daughters. While Mary and the children spent their lives on Mary's father's plantation, Lee stayed committed to his military obligations. His loyalties moved him around the country, from Savannah to St. Louis to New York.
    In 1846, Lee got the chance he had been waiting for his whole military career when the United States went to war with Mexico. Serving under General Winfield Scott, Lee distinguished himself as a brave battle commander and a brilliant tactician. In the aftermath of the U.S. victory over its neighbor, Lee was held up as a hero.
    But life away from the battlefield proved difficult for Lee to handle. He struggled with the mundane tasks associated with his work and life. For a time, he returned to his wife's family's plantation to manage the estate, following the death of his father-in-law. The property had fallen under hard times, and for two long years, he tried to make it profitable again.
    Lee was summoned to put an end to a slave insurrection led by John Brown at Harper's Ferry. Lee's orchestrated attack took just a single hour to end the revolt, and his success put him on a shortlist of names to lead the Union Army should the nation go to war.

But Lee's commitment to the Army was superseded by his commitment to Virginia. After turning down an offer from President Abraham Lincoln to command the Union forces, Lee resigned from the military and returned home. While Lee had misgivings about centering a war on the slavery issue, after Virginia voted to secede from the nation on April 17, 1861, Lee agreed to help lead the Confederate forces.
    Over the next year, Lee again distinguished himself on the battlefield. On June 1, 1862, he took control of the Army of Northern Virginia and drove back the Union Army during the Seven Days Battles near Richmond. In August of that year, he gave the Confederacy a crucial victory at Second Manassas.
    But not all went well. He courted disaster when he tried to cross the Potomac at the Battle of Antietam on September 17, barely escaping the site of the bloodiest single-day skirmish of the war, which left some 22,000 combatants dead.
    From July 1-3, 1863, Lee's forces suffered another round of heavy casualties in Pennsylvania. The three-day stand-off, known as the Battle of Gettysburg, wiped out a huge chunk of Lee's army, halting his invasion of the North while helping to turn the tide for the Union.
    By the fall of 1864, Union General Ulysses S. Grant had gained the upper hand, decimating much of Richmond, the Confederacy's capital, and Petersburg. By early 1865, the fate of the war was clear, a fact driven home on April 2 when Lee was forced to abandon Richmond. A week later, a reluctant and despondent Lee surrendered to Grant at a private home in Appomattox, Virginia.
    Saved from being hanged as a traitor by a forgiving Lincoln and Grant, Lee returned to his family in April 1865. He eventually accepted a job as president of Washington College in western Virginia, and devoted his efforts toward boosting the institution's enrollment and financial support.
    He died at his home after suffering a stroke, surrounded by family, on October 12.

Blog Entries
    Rider Jules Verne

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Jules Gabriel Verne
    Nickname: Father of Science Fiction
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: France

Parameters

STR: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: B
    NP: EX
    General Information

Height: 170cm
    Weight: 70kg
    Dislikes: Being stuck at home, arranged marriages
    Talent: Research
    Natural Enemy: Jinako Carigiri
    Attribute: Sky
    Catalyst: A first edition of Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance D
    The ability to resist magical effects. At this rank it is enough to cancel Single-Action spells, but only barely. Roughly the same level of protection as an amulet which rejects magical energy altogether.

Most Servants from Verne's time would have a rank of E; by dealing in the fantastic and the seemingly impossible Verne has been awarded a slightly higher rank, though in practice the difference is relatively minimal.

Riding B-
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and Verne is no exception. However, as he possesses the auxiliary skills necessary for travel not by his own merit but by that of his protagonists, a "minus" is applied until Verne himself masters the vehicle in question.
    Personal Skills

Around the World in Eighty Days B
    “Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real.”
    A skill analogous to "Pioneer of the Stars (False)", given to Verne because of the immense variety of "impossible" topics depicted in his novels which have since become reality. Journeying under the seas in a submarine, travelling to the moon and back, aircraft heavier than air which are far more agile than balloons, et cetera. Some topics have remained impossible to the common man, nonetheless, such as travelling to the center of the Earth and finding a prehistoric realm there.

This Skill represents that "the impossible journey" becomes possible. No matter the challenge, it becomes possible to surmount with willpower - whether on foot or by vehicle. However, due to the era in which Verne originates, some amount of Luck is necessary to also achieve additional objectives.

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea A
    “The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ”
    Named after what is probably Verne's most famous novel, this Skill is not properly one Verne was given on his own merits; instead, it is something granted to him by being associated with the novel and its most famous character, Captain Nemo, who renounced society to live his life beneath the waves forever.

The effect of this Skill is to grant Verne the resolve to see any journey through, allowing him to survive even fatal wounds with relatively minor impairment. In the course of the novel itself, its protagonist fights off sharks, attends an undersea funeral, and even visits Atlantis, before finally escaping the submarine when Captain Nemo suffers from a mental breakdown. Certainly Verne cannot allow himself to do any less than his protagonists would.

Journey to the Center of the Earth A
    “We are of opinion that instead of letting books grow moldy behind an iron grating, far from the vulgar gaze, it is better to let them wear out by being read.”
    A skill granted to Verne for his reputation of being a prophet of science, even if he himself considers that reputation wholly undeserved. Instead, he prefers to think that his scrupulous research has allowed him to guess at things still beyond the general comprehension.

Whatever the case may be, this Skill gives Verne good odds to recognize any object or Servant whose legacy is rooted in creating new technology or advancing science, whether before or after his time. However, a Luck check will be necessary for anything that does not originate in the general Western European cultural sphere. In addition, it also allows him to assume collegiate-level knowledge of any branch of science at will.
    Noble Phantasm

To Outline All Knowledge, To Recount The History of the Universe
    Voyages Extraordinaires

Type: Anti-Country (Self)

A Noble Phantasm which encompasses every aspect of a vital part of Verne's novels: the vehicles. Centered on travels to impossible locations as they are, it is entirely reasonable that vehicles should be a huge part of the novels: the Nautilus, the submarine with which Nemo traveled; the Albatross of Robur, an airship far more maneuverable than anything seen at the time; the capsule which contained three astronauts and which was fired at the moon in From the Earth to the Moon, a gigantic robotic elephant in the Steam House, and much, much more.

Verne is fully capable of replicating any and all of these vehicles, though they require some investment of materials as a "starting point" around which the designs build themselves. As the designs are more than capable of existing in tune with the modern world, the mana cost of building any of the vehicles is surprisingly low - although the material cost will prove to be less so.

Each vehicle is outfitted with luxurious accommodations: plush, Victorian furniture, artwork, a well-stocked library, and nearly-inexhaustible supplies of provisions. Each vehicle is almost a house onto itself, although always one that is mobile. A downside, admittedly, is that no boundaries can be erected on their premises, as the position of the territory enclosed will always shift. In addition, the vehicles are not necessarily capable of combat - although their prodigious size and speed can inflict grievous injuries, such is not their primary function.
    Personality
    A man who, having been freed from mortal obligations through Servanthood, sees every summoning as a new opportunity to step out into the world and explore whichever strange environment he's been summoned in this time. Verne's mind is little oriented to combat, instead wishing merely to travel in style and seeing what the world has to offer. He is, after all, a pacifist.

However, that does not mean he is irresolute or indecisive. Faced with the proper motivation, Rider is capable of quite a great many feats.
    Lore

Jules Verne was born on the 8th of February, 1828, in the French town of Nantes. His father was a lawyer; more importantly to the young boy, his mother came from a family of shipowners and navigators, and Verne soon developed a fascination for long travels.

There is a story that Verne had so much wanderlust that as an enterprising 11-year old he tried to sneak out on a boat heading to the Indies. However, he was intercepted by his father just in time, and was made to swear "only to travel in his imagination".

This promise would backfire: instead of following his father into law as the man had hoped, Verne desired nothing more than to become a novelist. He wrote some tragedies and also addressed some 30 love poems to a woman he courted, who was nonetheless later married off to another man - a theme which would surface often in Verne's works from then on.

In 1848, Verne arrived in Paris, this time not to study law but to stay, a task surprisingly unhindered by the February Revolution. Thanks to disease, Verne was spared from enlistment in the military - something he was glad for, considering his strong anti-war sentiments.

Some time later, Verne had begun using his family connections to make himself known to the artistic community in Paris, meeting (among others) Alexandre Dumas pére and fils and honing his literary talents by writing articles on science, short stories, and comic plays.

It also brought him, in 1862, to meet with Jules-Pierre Hetzel, who had published such luminaries as Balzac and Victor Hugo. Hetzel wished to start a magazine that would combine family entertainment with scientific education. In Verne, he found his ideal man, offering both engaging narratives and scientific rigour.

Verne accepted Hetzel's offer of a flat fee, and finally began writing the novels for which he is famous today, at the rate of two full volumes per year. From this period originate his classics: Around the World in 80 Days, From the Earth to the Moon, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Robur the Conqueror, and more.

In the end, however, age caught up to Verne. In 1905, he died, aged 77; so great was his passion for writing that even after his death several more of his works would be released by his son, Michel.

Today, Verne is universally recognized as one of the men with the most claim to the name "Father of Science-Fiction", as well as the second-most translated author worldwide. While at the time his works were loved by the common man but derided by critics, the years after his death have seen a steady rise in universal support for his works. His fans went so far as to call themselves the Jules Verne cultists, and grew to have important literary figures among their ranks.

Even beyond literary aspirations, the list of figures who have claimed Verne as a favorite author who inspired them to take up their dreams is long and storied. Astronauts, explorers, engineers, authors, and more. The author Ray Bradbury perhaps said it best:

"We are all, in some way or another, children of Jules Verne."

Last edited by NMR-3; November 30th, 2019 at 07:31 PM.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    As a pretty big Verne fan, I am very happy with this sheet. His NP is very representing of his mind set too, so good job.

Fate / White Memoria

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well lets ship that

Titanica

(Rider)

She takes on the appearance of a beautiful young (teens) looking woman with golden brunette hair that reaches her upper back but is mostly kept in an updo.
    She wears mostly some noble looking Victorian dresses (albeit she possesses a quite great wardrobe herself).

"What do you mean by if I have some 'Sailor Fuku'?"

Interestingly she has gotten some quite big buxoms on both ends, perhaps due to the vulgar definition of "tit-anic"?

"Well, I don't know why but this appearance isn't bad."

Name/alias: RMS Titanic/ Regia Marie Sussex Titanica

Height: 181 cm
    Weight: It's rude to ask a lady that!
    Alignment: mostly Lawful good
    Attributes: Star
    Weapons: many various
    Other Qualifying Classes: Caster
    Likes: happy atmosphere, pleasant company, eating and drinking human livestuff, to travel through the land
    Dislikes: ice, rowdy companions, sea-beasts
    Compatible Masters: Rin Tohsaka, Luviagelita Edelfeit

Natural Enemy: Nidhöggr
    Parameter:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C++
    Luck: D
    Mana: B
    NP: B

Personality
    Titanica is a quite lively and cheerful woman, who is just happy to be summoned as Servant so she will do her best as possible to be useful.

In a Grail War she prefers to stroll around the area and make "a chain of discoveries". As she was once a tool to travel through the seas she is highly curious to see the wonders of the countries she only was able to see through the memories of the souls she fed on. To her Master she will act almost always in a supportive way. As such she will act towards the Master to put it in visual/light novel jargon a "supportive Sugar Mom". Thus she will gladly help her Master as long as he/she doesn't abuse her help or make a fool out of her, as she possesses her own will and dignity.

She has besides her cheerful and childlike curiosity also a serious and prideful side to her. She doesn't tolerate to be "looked at as a common ship" as she is (one of) the world's most famous ships. As such she has the quirk like: to tell people she likes or finds pleasant things like "welcome aboard".

She likes to do things that human people would find normal like to eat food and drink delicious drinks (for everyone's sake please refrain from introducing her towards alcoholics of the side as drinker) or that she is curious about such things as friendship and love.

She has also the awkward habit of treating other ships as people. Like she is towards a warship getting.... nervous and treats it like a handsome man or that she is scandalized towards modern cruise ships as she sees them as bloated fakes without real charm. So if you don't want that she gets a Berserker qualification don't introduce her to those "harlots" okay!

She has also a more regretful side. She feels deep guilt due to how she killed and devoured so many people that she just wanted to spoil during their stay "in her" and wanted to have them make good memories of her, or that she was unable to intervene in that disaster which happened in her boiler room….

Due to her trauma she has a fear against ice respectively against ice-using Servants or awkwardly also against sea beasts.

Although she can if necessary fight thanks to the souls of her passengers she is rather unwilling to fight if possible, a trait that is grounded in her creation as a passenger- not war- ship. But she is willing to fight if in the case like that her Master must be protected or that she sees that an immoral action must be interrupted.

Due to how many of her passengers were well educated personalities she has knowledge about the British heroes like the Round Table of Arthur or folklores that found their way to the opera in opera pieces like Siegfried. Should she encounter them she is eager to have a good conversation.

She has some wishes for the Grail as she can't definitely decide which she would wish. Example wise: that the incident in her didn't happen or that her two sisters Olympica and Britannica also gain the history to become "Heroic Spirits" so that she has their company on the Throne.

Skills

Class Skills:

Magic Resistence: C
    Due to her nature as a quite modern Servant she normally possesses just a D-rank in this Skill. But her Soul Shuffling of the Damned has elevated the rank to C by default so she can cancel spells with a chant below two verses.

"Well I'm a young thing in these manners, so I have in that department rather sparse experience?"

Riding: C
    As a sea related operator Rider would normally gain Voyager of the Storm in place of this Skill. But because of how she went down during her maiden voyage she has barely any abillity to operate ships. So instead she draws on the skills of her "passengers", allowing her to operate most vehicles and animals with above average skill. Through John B. Thayer and George Widener she has obtained an advanced proficiency in the operation of trains and cars.

Additionally she is capable of manifesting the Oldtimer Car which was under the goods she had stored..

"Well, I guess it's surprising that I'm more adept at using ground-based vehicles but worry not I will be your routined Chauffourress~."

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule: B++
    The Titanic was in her days seen as a symbol of luxury and personified wealth so she has earned this Skill. It's been further boosted by the bankers and industrial magnates' wealth on her board. So she has the privilege to handle the financial amount of a United Group Company and could handle million dollar amounts as well possess naturally the ability to multiply it if necessary. Obviously she will take up some bills (to the displeasure of John Jacob Astor and J.P. Morgan) here and there.

"Oh, you want to eat in that noble deluxe restaurant there Master? No problem, I got that covered!"

Charisma: B
    The Titanic was at the time of her completion the symbol of prosperity and should be the symbol of pride and attraction due to this, as well as the nostalgic notion promoted by the literature and movie adaptations and the magnetism that her "sisters" enjoyed due to her "absence". Further her own Charisma is extended by that from the industrialists and other prominent Who's Who that possessed natural charisma.

Her
    Charisma is especially effective on employees, high-society members and officers. She radiates the aura of a royal woman with which she easily can enchant others, especially wealthy people.

Warning: Her Master might get in a broader sense also more attention than intended/wanted.

"Well, what can I say? I am popular, on one side it's a feeling that you could get used to hihi."

Item Construction (False): C
    Rider herself is unable to use thaumaturgy. But through her Soul Shuffling of the Damned Skill she is able to use the proficiency of her passengers instead. As well she is able to draw upon her "treasury", the goods she had stored, so she can by channeling for example the soul of Georges Wick to create steel constructions and in combination with George Wideners she is able to create (designer) cars. By channelling the soul of William T. Stead she is capable of creating Mystic Codes of average modern standards. Through channeling of the artists' souls from her passengers she is capable of creating dresses, sculptures, portraits and through that from her crew she is a quite proficient cook.

Amongst her treasury the presumably most powerful object was the Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám: the translation of the Persian poetries of Omar Khayyam, a Persian Astronomer and poet. While this (jewel adorned) book originally held no magical attributes, its vanishing in conjunction with the conglomerated mystery of Soul Shuffling of the Damned and their sacrifice has transformed it into a genuine grimoire with which she is able to utilize the astromancy of Omar Khayyam and enabled her the capability of being called in the Caster Class.

"Do you need something, darling?"

Soul Shuffling of the Damned: EX
    The representation of the people that died alongside the Titanic and whose souls she unintentionally devoured. This abillity is on the verge of reaching the qualification to be called a Noble Phantasm. As such this Skill has similar mechanics to one.

This "Phantasmal Skill" brings forth the souls of the dead people that were killed by her during her downfall which she "devoured" and became the foundation of her being (the consciousness, the incarnation of the ship itself which took on the form of a woman), similar to water spirits. In nature she is similar yet also distinct from a Klabautermann Emanation.

This Skill causes that alongside Rider herself the souls of all her "victims" are summoned. The souls manifest themselves in the "background" so they can't be felt aside from the moment Rider is summoned. In that case any users of presence-detecting abilities would sense an ominous great soul appearing (which is Rider) and countless weaker ones until the latters are sucked into her. She is aside from certain conditions unable to manifest the souls on their own, but she is capable of conjuring them under two applications. First she is able to manifest them through herself. By channeling them through her being she is able to use their skills as her own. However, she is only able to forcefully take the skills of two souls at one time without having to rely on their agreement. Although most souls she has "boarded" are cooperative and willing to aid her.

The other application is that she can "swap places" with one soul, which causes the selected soul to manifest in her place while she "waits" in the background. The manifested person retains their free will and is able to execute all abillities they had in life strengthened by Rider's Saint Graph (however only Rider herself can use her Noble Phantasm). But Titanic is able to control their actions and will to a certain extent like that she could "hollow out" (as extreme example) the manifested person and control their body as if it were her own. Respectively the manifested person is still bound to the command (seals) of her Master, but she is mostly unwilling to force her "passengers" to do things against their consent.

Under the souls she can utilize are the following personae:

• Edward John Smith: Her captain who possesses a righteous and dutiful personality as he didn't save himself. He last was seen helping a floating girl onto a rescue boat instead of helping himself. By channelling this soul her rank in Voyager of the Storm is elevated up to B+ and she gain his Unyielding Will (B).
    • George Dennick Wick: At his time the greatest steel producer in the world. He was a correct and hardworking individual. By channelling his soul she becomes able to create steel-constructions of various nature respectively in tandem with her other souls she is able to use metallurgy.
    • J.P. Morgan: At his time one of the greatest private bankers respectively one of the most famous even today. He was a rather calculating and ruthless businessmen. Although he wasn't on her board he has built a ticket for one of her suits which now possesses the same effect of a magical contract as he now (like the other passengers) is situated in his suit on her board and he is one of the souls that power her Golden Rule Skill.
    • Guglielmo Giovanni Maria Marconi: Inventor and pioneer of the radio telegraph system. He is one highly enthusiastic and passionate individual and he would be highly delighted to encounter Nikola Tesla. By channelling his soul she is capable of using telepathy and communication interference.
    • William Thomas Stead: A journalist, spiritualist and unknown to the public a Mage of the Clock Tower. He had worked to make the world a better place like as he got knowledge of it he has fought amongst other evils child-prostitution which later got famous as the Eliza Armstrong case. He was a member of the Spiritual Evocation and had a pair of Mystic Eyes. During his travel on the Titanic he had through a seance found out that a Dead Apostle was on the ship and wanted to fight him before he/she could attack other passengers. He chased it down to the boiler room and their fight ignited the firebrand there which caused the weakening of the ship walls as well as the defect on a bulkhead which he deeply regretted. Through this he completely cooperates with Titanica. By channeling his soul Titanic becomes able to use Magecraft which is aside from the standard techniques mainly Divination and Conceptual Magecraft as well as Fire, Water and Air Natural Interference. Also she can use his Mystic Eyes which were once Mystic Eyes of the Transience that could let him see into the past. Now they are from his self-inflicted trauma of causing the fire in the ship shifted into a Mystic Eyes of Flame/Combustion, which enable her to ignite the targets of her sight and choosing to catch fire. As well she is able to use it like a "laser-shooter" and wield control over fire of all natures. However as that experience is also for her a trauma she refrains from using it except as a last resort tactic.
    • John Harper: A pastor who is an altruistic man that jumped in the water so that others could go in the rescue boats and he preached the prayers that everyone or at least as many as possible may be rescued. By channelling his souls her Luck stat is ranked up and she becomes able to use Kyrie Eleision.
    • Unnamed Dead Apostle: The cause of her fall. A typical havoc-loving individual who has through his own research turned himself into an Dead Apostle and loathes that he is now a "pawn" as he is the only truly uncooperative soul. By channeling its soul she is able to use his powers such as shapeshifting (even the gender) with which he could deceive all of his chasers until William Stead found him due to his Mystic Eyes and Divination talents. She also gains his Curse of Restoration. Her Strength and Agility stats are ranked up and she attains the Skill: Bloodsucking B+ which enables her to recover her physical strength and health by absorbing blood from others, as well as drain their Lifeforce=Mana and turn them into her servants. Lastly, she gains the abilities of Hemomancy and Necromancy. But in the case she channels its soul she becomes much more ruthless, cold and sadistic, so she's uncomfortable using him for this reason.
    • Three unnamed Executors: Incognito passengers in the third class. By channeling them she gains their martial prowess as well as access to Black Keys.
    • Musicians of the calming storm: A "Pseudo-Noble Phantasm" in its own right, this is one of the few cases where she can manifest the souls independently rather than channelling them through her own body. They consist of eight musicians (Theodore Brailey, Roger Bricoux, John Frederic Clark, Wallace Hartley, John Law Hume, Georges Krins, Percy Taylor and John Wesley Woodward) which manifest with their instruments. Their melodies strengthen the morale of Titanica's allies and give them plus modifiers as well as negating fear or other mental interferences. Through them she is able to use the Cry of the Angel Skill at rank C++.

Voyager of the Storm: E
    As she went down during her maiden voyage and was additionally never intended as "warrior ship" this Skill is barely present in her Saint-Graph.
    Albeit she is by the usage of Soul Shuffling of the Damned able for a short time to elevate the rank of this Skill to B+ by channeling the soul of her captain Edward John Smith.

"I..It's rather embarrassing to admit that the maritime world is not my real liking nor forte hehe…"

Noble Phantasm

Welcome Aboard~
    Titanic Embrace
    Anti-Unit (Boredom)

The Noble Phantasm of Titanic which is the crystallization of her being. After invoking its true name she regains her "true form" as the ship which was once known as RMS Titanic. That means she becomes a 269 meter long cruise ship.

Upon activation she starts to glow in a bright light and her human form begins to blur as the surrounding area is then engulfed by the light similar to a Reality Marble. However the area is just brought "into her". From afar it appears like that she glows and becomes a radiant sphere which assumes the shape of the famous ship upon its ascent off the ground.

She is in this form like many Servant mounts able to "sail" through the air just as easily as water, as her hull is engulfed in waves of light on the sky like the water decades ago has. As she never had cannons or other weapons, she aside from that is able now to use projectile options through her passengers' abilities. Furthermore she is like other vehicles able to ram opponents and cause collateral damage but the true purpose and intended goal is to imprison them "in herself".

"What do you mean by "imprison"? It's the crystallization of pleasure to be in me!"

Which is the Titanic that looks initially like the one from history, a symbol of her time's luxury. Around the border of her body a powerful Bounded Field is erected that imposes like a Reality Marble a separation of the World. Normally a magical sphere would be corrected by the World but as this Reality Marble is entirely contained within her own body, it's immune to the World's corrective impulse.

Inside the structure is initially like that depicted in the construction plans (!Warning!: don't bring that up, it's for her like a nude picture of a girl)

"H..hey what are you th..hinking of looking at (that)!?"

But she is freely capable of altering the locations and shifting the whole structure so it becomes a maze of luxury. If wished she can even change the "theme topic" of the cruise as she is able to impose a certain instinctual "suggestion" that in the most cases will be "relax, let the stress go and indulge in luxury and comfort" which calms the opponents and entices them to go after her charming hint.

She is able like after the instructions of her Master to change the "topic". Like if her Master wishes her insides can become a maze of torture and terror filled with tools and manned by the fitting "competent service personnel" for the topic. Though she prefers to remain in most parts as she was in "life".

Like as example she can defacto also "impersonate" the indulgence of today's world, or respectively become the paradise best suited for her Master's enjoyment (naturally charge-free).

Though that shifting in her interior(s "topic") can induce an alteration in her personality if the changes are active over a too long period of time.

She is capable of manifesting all passengers and her full crew on board. They possess all of their skills and their full will but she is able like in her Soul Shuffling of the Damned to subjugate their will and impose absolute control/commands on them.

"I welcome all highly valued passengers, and I wish all charming crewmembers a successful day! Here is not your valued captain but your lovely host Titanica~~!"

Seen from the perspective of the Grail War, most of them are only useful as a distraction if anything. But a few of them can fight directly and Titanica is able to bestow chosen parties with "blessings" and respectively "handicaps".

But the true core ability of this Noble Phantasm is that she is the absolute ruler of "her own World" as she can manifest her human form inside herself in the form of a makeshift Cerebral Corpus. In that form she is able to manipulate the space at will like that she can freely re-position all people, beings and objects after her selection. She herself possesses physical stats at A-rank.

Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; December 1st, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Koga? This is actually pretty good. I mean, your still somewhat "trigger happy" with your skills, as item construction (false) seems I little unnecessary and i myself would just make soul shuffling of the damned a straight up noble phantasm but there is nothing inherently wrong with how you did, even your English seems to have improved. All in all, it's a nice improvement.

Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Berserker
    True Name: Heinrich Kramer
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Origin: Germany (15th century)
    Armament: Torture tools

Parameters:
    STR: E+
    AGI: C
    MANA: D
    LUCK: C
    NP: C+

Skills
    Class Skills

Presence Concealment - Rank C: The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common Class Skill of the Assassin class.
    Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of Presence Concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack.

Magic Resistance - Rank D-: Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Derived from a holy amulet that Assassin wears. However, its effects only apply against magical energy from female magic users.

Personal Skills

Torture Techniques - Rank C+: A Skill that represents one's possession of outstanding torture techniques. Plus modifiers are added when using torture tools to deal damage. Because it strengthens bloodshed and agony, further damage is continuously added after the ordinary damage.
    Though he has not received fame for employing such tools in life, Assassin was a trained inquisitor, and as such is well-versed with torture. In addition, the methods employed by those that followed in his footsteps further boost the effectiveness of Assassin’s Torture Techniques against female targets.

Witch Hunt - Rank EX: A composite Skill that includes the effects of Mental Pollution. Rather than something unique to an individual, it is a contagious madness that drives those under its heel into the paranoid persecution of independent women and others that can be considered witches. It also grants additional resistance to mental interference effects meant to conceal or make the target forget.
    Assassin’s works and mentality have afflicted the minds of many, even centuries after his passing. His mental state is contagious to those that witness him or read his writings.

Noble Phantasms

The Hammer of the Witches
    Malleus Maleficarum

Anti-Witch, Rank D+
    A Noble Phantasm taking the form of a book. Despite it not originally holding power or concealing great secrets, Malleus Maleficarum can be held responsible for the deaths of hundreds or thousands of people. In fact, the power of this Noble Phantasm could be said to come from the book’s contents rather than the book itself.
    When read, Malleus Maleficarum grants the reader the necessary qualities to achieve the extermination of witches, including a resistance to magical energy, a damage bonus against magic users and a “6th sense” in regards to magical effects, functioning similarly to Instinct. Malleus Maleficarum also afflicts the reader with the Mental Pollution stemming from Assassin’s Witch Hunt.
    As most Servants rely on magical effects and are themselves beings sustained by magic, many of their number fall under the qualification of a “witch” by the standards set by Malleus Maleficarum. In addition to its other effects, the Noble Phantasm can be readily copied, allowing Assassin to transmit its effects further. However, the book and its copies, in terms of Noble Phantasms, are quite fragile.
    Should all copies of it be destroyed, all of Malleus Maleficarum’s effects will immediately cease.

Description
    Likes: Having power over others, lecturing and sermonizing
    Dislikes: Independent women, magecraft
    Talents: Locating witches, extracting confessions
    Natural Enemy: Abigail Williams

Assassin’s true identity is Heinrich Kramer, the Hammer of the Witches.

From the first glance, it is clear that Kramer is a spiteful toad of a man. Though he can adopt a veneer of civility, there is a seething hatred bubbling just beneath the surface. Indeed, even when he is at his best behavior, his speech is heated and fiery, as though he were unable to fully control his spite. However, even he himself is not aware of how much of his current personality is due to the reputation garnered on the basis of his works. Whatever the case may be, he embraces the current state of affairs with gusto.
    Above all else, Kramer despises magic, viewing it as a tool of the Devil. Witches and other users of magic, having consorted with the Devil in order to gain their unnatural powers, are ranked even higher upon the scale of malice than the Devil himself, for they had choice in their path. Naturally, he is inwardly horrified by the fact that his reappearance into the world was achieved by magecraft, but chooses to view it as God’s hand guiding the events in order to purge the wicked.
    Among Heroic Spirits, Kramer hates the women among their number most of all. As it takes independence for one to reach the Throne of Heroes, he denounces them all as stepping outside their proper place. He is slightly more lenient towards certain female Saints, however, as they are fellow servants of God. Kramer also seems to possess a soft spot towards children, and seems unable to bring himself to prosecute them with the same fire. He is fond of other passionate men of faith, and would rather turn them to his cause rather than be drawn into conflict.
    For a Master, Kramer is a dangerous Servant. He has little regard for serving under a witch, and mainly follows his own goals unless forced to do otherwise. Unless they have summoned him entirely by chance and have little in terms of magical ability, they are on his list of witches to be eradicated. He might also make an exception among men of the cloth. A Master should also be on the lookout for Kramer’s contagious madness, lest they be turned into a supplicant of his.
    For the sake of magecraft and Mystery in general, Kramer’s attainment of a wish from the Holy Grail could be considered a “worst-case scenario”. Lacking any qualms in his pursuits, Kramer would wish for the complete eradication of all that he decrees as witchcraft and sorcery.

Lore
    Heinrich Kramer, also known under the Latinized name Henricus Institoris, was a German churchman and inquisitor.
    Born in Sélestat, Alsace, he joined the Dominican Order at an early age and while still a young man was appointed Prior of the Dominican house of his native town.
    At some date before 1474 he was appointed Inquisitor for the Tyrol, Salzburg, Bohemia and Moravia. His eloquence in the pulpit and tireless activity received recognition at Rome and he was the right-hand man of the Archbishop of Salzburg. By the time of the Bull Summis desiderantes of Pope Innocent VIII in 1484 he was already associated with Jacob Sprenger to make an inquisition for witches and sorcerers. In 1485 he drew up a treatise on witchcraft which was incorporated in the Malleus Maleficarum (literally "The Hammer of Witches").
    Kramer failed in his attempt to obtain endorsement for this work from the top theologians of the Inquisition at the Faculty of Cologne, and they condemned the book as recommending unethical and illegal procedures, as well as being inconsistent with Catholic doctrines of demonology.
    In 1495 he was summoned to Venice to give public lectures, which were very popular. In 1500 he was empowered to proceed against the Waldensians and Picards, heretical movements within the Catholic Church.
    He died in Bohemia in 1505.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

FC Link
    Alternate Classes: Avenger
    True Name: Tuskaloosa
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: America (16th century)
    Armament: Club

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: C
    MANA: E
    LUCK: D
    NP: D

Skills
    Class Skills

Mad Enhancement - Rank D+: The Class Skill that characterizes a Berserker, raising basic parameters and strengthens one's physical abilities in exchange for hindering mental capacities and/or in exchange for their sense of reason. In some cases, it also affects and/or seals away some techniques, Personal Skills and Noble Phantasms.
    Strength and Endurance parameters are ranked up. However, Berserker’s ability to communicate is not hindered. Outside of battle, he hardly even seems like a Berserker. The irrationality told of in anecdotes regarding Berserker comes to the fore when in battle, turning him into a raging warrior.

Personal Skills

Innocent Monster - Rank D+: An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this Personal Skill cannot be removed.
    Though Berserker never was never recorded as having fallen to madness during his lifetime, anecdotes concerning his conduct with the Spanish invaders have allowed him to manifest in his current class.

Robust Health - Rank C+: A Skill that is made up of anecdotes of "not receiving a wound on the battlefield" and "never becoming sick even once since birth". It is also a composite Skill and includes Poison Resistance.
    Endurance is ranked up and incoming attacks received have their damage reduced. Berserker rose to become a warlord in a time of strife, even thriving despite rampant disease and poor crops.

Demon of Smoke and Ash - Rank B: A unique Skill that embodies the fiery end of Berserker’s legend. It is a composite Skill combining the effects of Battle Continuation and Protection from Flames.
    Even when severely wounded, Berserker can remain active. In addition, he possesses resistance against damage from fire, coupled with the ability to act unimpaired even if the area is wreathed in smoke. Berserker and his men fought back from within their blazing fortress for several hours, fighting to the last.

Noble Phantasms

Ruining Inferno Citadel
    Mabila

Anti-Army, Rank B
    A Noble Phantasm that manifests Berserker’s fortress from life. However, rather than manifesting a citadel manned by several thousand men, Mabila instead brings the fiery end of the fortress itself.
    When activated, the fortress town of Mabila manifests around Berserker, sprawling over the area surrounding him. As the buildings rise, so do the flames that consumed Mabila, and the entire area is quickly consumed by a roaring inferno. Berserker’s men, once stalwart defenders, exist only as charred skeletons, grasping at any who pass in an attempt to condemn them to the same inferno they died in. Even the walls of Mabila, which once repelled many an invader, serve only to further trap Berserker’s enemies. Though the damage is not sufficient to fell a Servant instantly, continued exposure to the flames will eventually kill any that are trapped within Mabila’s confines. Due to the burning of Mabila’s role in crippling a Spanish expedition, the Noble Phantasm’s flames also consume magical energy, possibly crippling those caught within it.
    Though not quite reaching that level, Mabila’s nature is extremely similar to that of a Reality Marble. It overlaps with the World, creating a ‘boundary’ that cannot be entered from the outside or exited from the inside without applied force. The Noble Phantasm also gains additional strength in certain conditions, such as when it is implemented in an area already wreathed in flame.
    While in a state of battle rage, Berserker cannot willingly stop Mabila’s activation. As such, the Noble Phantasm’s effects will only cease once all targets or Berserker are defeated, or if Mabila itself is destroyed.

Description
    Dislikes: Disrespect, the Spanish
    Talents: Imperiousness, wearing down enemies
    Natural Enemy: Hernando de Soto

Berserker’s true identity is Tuskaloosa, the Paramount Chief of Mabila.

Ill befitting a Berserker, Tuskaloosa is a calm, almost unflappable man. Though aware of his surroundings, he seems to view all but the deadliest of threats as beneath his notice, simply staring them down with an imposing air. Further distancing himself from the concept of maddened warrior, he is surprisingly tactical in his approach to warfare, taking great care to prepare for coming conflicts while attempting to wear down his enemies’ resources.
    However, Tuskaloosa is far from lacking in terms of rage. Though he keeps a tight lid on it, a veritable inferno of rage waits to burst from underneath the surface of his personality. When he enters battle, Tuskaloosa turns this into his advantage, giving himself fully to a terrible battle rage, trusting in his ability and preparations to carry the day. Not only is he heedless of fear or injury within such a state, his prior actions may have mislead his foes into believing him weak enough to resort to underhanded tactics rather than direct combat. This view suits Tuskaloosa well, as he can turn it to his advantage.
    Most deserving of his hatred are the Spanish, the despoilers of his land and others. As they are some of the premier Heroic Spirits of the Age of Exploration, Tuskaloosa dearly hopes to face them on the field, not only to kill them but also to have them suffer as he did. Though he sees little difference between the Spanish and the rest of Europe, he can at least be approached peacefully by the latter. When it comes to female Servants, Tuskaloosa is unaccustomed to the thought of women as warriors, and is somewhat uncomfortably with their participation in battle, though he is not intractable in his position on the subject. Despite being generally merciless towards his enemies, he can sometimes show mercy to supplicants who abase themselves before him.
    Though he acknowledges that his actions may serve to a Master’s benefit, Tuskaloosa would never allow another to rule over him. As he once stated to his most hated enemy, he is far more accustomed to ruling than being ruled. However, Tuskaloosa can fight alongside a Master well enough as long as they do not make presumptions on their position or show an overt lack of respect. He will also fight fiercely in order to protect his Master as long as they remain comrades, as Tuskaloosa considers them his vassal.
    Tuskaloosa’s wish is simply to inflict as much suffering on the Spanish as possible. He wishes for their kind to be gone from the world, but wants to avenge himself and his people upon them first.

Lore
    Tuskaloosa was a paramount chief (cacique) of Tuskalusa, a Mississippian chiefdom located in what we today know as Alabama, USA. His birthyear is unknown, but he died in 1540.
    Tuskaloosa and his chiefdom are recorded in the chronicles of Hernando de Soto's expedition, which arrived in North America in 1539. De Soto had been appointed Governor of Cuba by King Carlos I of Spain, who directed him to conquer Florida.
    In 1539, De Soto landed near Tampa, Florida, with 600-1,000 men and 200 horses and began a circuitous exploration of modern-day Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama, often engaging in violent conflict with the indigenous peoples. As they traveled, the expedition kidnapped natives to act as bearers and interpreters of the many different language families (Muskogean, Yamasee, Iroquoian Cherokee, and others) of the Southeast. The conquistadors frequently took a local chief hostage to guarantee safe passage through his territory. By October 1540, the expedition had reached the middle of modern-day Alabama.
    Unbeknownst to de Soto’s expedition, the chiefs they had captured were vassals of Tuskaloosa, and in threatening them they had dealt him a great insult.
    Tuskaloosa sent an envoy led by his son and several head men to meet the Spanish in Talisi. The envoy intended to assess Spanish expedition in order to prepare a trap for them. The Spanish rested at Talisi for several weeks, then departed on October 5. During the next few days, they toured several of the villages in Tuskaloosa’s territory. They eventually arrived to the village of Atahachi, where Tuskaloosa held court.
    De Soto sent a messenger to tell the chief he and his army had arrived, and the chief responded that they could go to the court whenever de Soto liked. The next day de Soto sent Luis de Moscoso Alvarado to tell the chief that they were on their way. The paramount village was a large, recently built, fortified community with a platform mound and plaza. Upon entering the village, de Soto was taken to meet the chief under a portico on top of the mound.
    Moscoso and his men mounted their horses and galloped around the plaza, playing juego de cañas, a dangerous sport involving jousting with lances. The men occasionally feinted toward Tuskaloosa, hoping to frighten him, a technique of manipulation de Soto had used against the Inca Atahualpa at Cajamarca. The chief sat unmoved. Afterward the Indians served the Spaniards food, and the residents of Atahachi danced in the plaza. This reminded the Spaniards of rural dances in their own country. When de Soto demanded porters and women from the chief, the chief said that he was accustomed to being served, and not vice versa. De Soto had Tuskaloosa taken hostage. The expedition began making plans to leave the next day, and Tuskaloosa relented, providing bearers for the Spaniards. He informed de Soto that they would have to go to his town of Mabila to receive the women. Throughout the journey to Mabila, the Spanish kept encountering subtle signs of resistance from the populace and began to grow weary of their travels.
    On October 18, de Soto and the expedition arrived at Mabila, a small, heavily fortified village situated on a plain. It had a wooden palisade encircling it, with bastions every so often for archers to shoot from. The Spaniards knew something was amiss: the population of the town was almost exclusively male, young warriors and men of status. There were several women, but no children. The Spaniards also noticed the palisade had been recently strengthened, and that all trees, bushes and even weeds had been cleared from outside the settlement for the length of a crossbow shot. Outside the palisade in the field, they saw an older warrior haranguing younger men, or leading them in mock skirmishes and military exercises.
    As de Soto approached the town, the chief of Mabila came out to greet him, bringing him three robes of marten skins as a gift. De Soto and several of his men dismounted and entered the town, as the native bearers placed the Spaniards' supplies next to the palisade. The Mabilians danced and sang to the Spaniards, seemingly to allay their fears and to distract them. While the spectacle unfolded, Tuskaloosa told de Soto he was tired of marching with the Spaniards, and wished to stay in Mabila. De Soto refused, and the chief asked to confer with some of his nobles in one of the large wattle and daub houses on the plaza. De Soto sent Juan Ortiz to retrieve him, but the Mabilians refused him entrance to the house. Tuskaloosa told de Soto and his expedition to leave in peace, or he and his allies would force him to leave.
    When de Soto sent men into the house to retrieve the chief, they discovered it was full of armed warriors prepared to protect their chief. De Soto asked the Chief of Mabila to demand the porters promised by Tuskaloosa, and the Spaniards would leave. The man refused, and a Spaniard grabbed him; in the ensuing scuffle, the chief had his arm cut off by the Spaniard's sword. With this, the Mabilians attacked the Spanish, who immediately ran for the gate and their horses. Natives came from all of the houses and attacked the Spaniards. The Mabilians grabbed the provisions and equipment left outside the palisade and brought the supplies into the town. After making it outside, the Spaniards regrouped and assaulted the village. After numerous assaults and many hours (the battle lasted eight or nine hours), the Spaniards were able to hack holes into the walls of the palisade and reenter the town.
    The Spaniards burned down Mabila, and nearly all the Mabilians and their allies were killed, either in the battle, in the subsequent fires, or by suicide. Chief Tuskaloosa's son was found among the dead, although the chief was not. Biedma asserts that over five thousand were in the town, of which almost none were able to escape.As their resources had been left inside Mabila, the Spanish faced death by starvation and exposure. For several weeks afterward, the Spanish made forays to neighboring villages for supplies of maize, deerskins, and other goods, finding many wounded and dead Mabilians in the houses.
    Though he did not die in the battle, Tuskaloosa eventually expired from his wounds, left in the wilderness. Even with his last breath, he cursed the invaders that had come to despoil his lands.