Page 100 of 200 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 3985

Thread: Super Tsukihime Remake Spoiler Thread

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And the only way to permanently kill Roa, or at least break him out of his infinite reincarnation (again, he somehow still comes back to life in his Type Lumina story mode campaign), is to use Death Perception. I swear that Roa is enemy to most of the playable characters in this game, but they have too much pride to bother working together most of the time.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Basically, either Arc dying or Roa dying would screw up Roa's plans.

IDK, listening to pseudo-spiritual preaching or naïve moral lecturing is a form of torture to me, so it's less whether or not there is torture, but more so what sort of torture.
    I suppose you are consistent, since reading your idiotic reactionary pseudo-relativistic ramblings is a human rights violation.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think I've forgotten your part in the Gennews catastrophe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, and there's a reason why we closed that thread. Don't bring the conversation in that direction, please. That goes for both of you.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Yes, and there's a reason why we closed that thread. Don't bring the conversation in that direction, please. That goes for both of you.
    Sorry Petri, won't do it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And the only way to permanently kill Roa, or at least break him out of his infinite reincarnation (again, he somehow still comes back to life in his Type Lumina story mode campaign), is to use Death Perception. I swear that Roa is enemy to most of the playable characters in this game, but they have too much pride to bother working together most of the time.
    Isn't it implied Nanako could do the job too? That's part of the reason between Arc's feud with Ciel, innit? That if Roa's soul is destroyed, he ain't coming back but the power he stole from Arc goes along with him.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Isn't it implied Nanako could do the job too? That's part of the reason between Arc's feud with Ciel, innit? That if Roa's soul is destroyed, he ain't coming back but the power he stole from Arc goes along with him.
    The way they describe Roa's connection with Arcueid makes me think that Arcueid would get her power back no matter who/what kills him. In fact, what would be the difference between Shiki doing it and Ciel doing it? The 'power' Roa gets from Arcueid is something that's maintained by the 'contract' they have. It's always a part of Arcueid. But when Roa manifests, he has a 'right' to that power within her and thus gets to use it.

This is why she says that even killing Roa temporarily is enough for her to get her powers back, at least until he manifests again.

(But yes, Seven can kill Roa too)
    Last edited by Petrikow; October 27th, 2021 at 05:15 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    7th Holy Scripture was not even a weapon. Ciel modified the hell of that just to kill Roa and other DAA.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    7th Holy Scripture was not even a weapon. Ciel modified the hell of that just to kill Roa and other DAA.
     今を<遡|さかのぼ>ること千年前、いまだ地上に残っていた稀少な幻想種をおびき寄せ、呼び水となった少 女ごと<竈|かまど>にくべ神鉄を錬成し、教典として組み上げた概念武装
     そこには人間が背負うであろう死の要因があまねく記され、神鉄はその固有震動でこれを戒める洗礼を詠唱し 続ける。
     <詠|うた>う教典は数あれど、これほど対“延命”に特化した教典はないだろう。
     その<名称|な>を第七聖典。
    It was created as a weapon.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is why she says that even killing Roa temporarily is enough for her to get her powers back, at least until he manifests again.
    The thing is that she usually she goes back to sleep after killing Roa, so her getting her power back isn't very relevant.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Either way, it would be difficult for Vlov. Arc is hard to kill. Roa is hard to keep dead.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Commitment to the cause.
    burn your dread you coward

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I went back and looked at some conversations from Melty Blood, since it came up again.

Vlov's story got me thinking.

Obviously we already had this conversation at some points, but it is really made abundantly clear that Arcueid possesses a Principle. The so called "Principle of the Extremum" (極点の原理).

What's more, Vlov wants to consume it for himself, partially as a petty act of vengeance towards Roa, but also to "overcome his starvation". At the end of his story mode, he succeeds in defeating Arcueid, but realizes that taking in her Principle has done nothing to help with his ailment.

The question is once again... how do we relate this to Idea Blood? I think we can by now be fairly certain that Idea Blood is something possessed only by the 27 Ancestors. And once again we have to confront that statement about how Idea Blood = Principle. Yet Arcueid is not one of the 27. Perhaps this is pointing towards finalizing the idea that whilst Idea Blood is some type of Principle, not all Principles are Idea Blood. Still, isn't it interesting how Roa says Principles cannot be passed on, yet that is seemingly what Vlov tries to do with Arcueid? The only saving grace here is that Vlov seemingly doesn't change upon killing her. Perhaps this is simply a case of Vlov being mistaken in his belief that consuming Arcueid would let him get her Principle.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RIP Fate!Arc if that's true, then
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    MEoDP destroyed Roa's soul in the original Tsukihime, and she still got her power back.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I'm just saying I think your ascribing qualities onto these people that don't exist. I don't remember the kind of sparkly introspection you're mentioning. Did such thoughts even factor into their decisions to be DH in the first place or to quit? I think it was purely business and necessity to kill demons and certain hybrids in the past. Just as it was business and necessity to fuck off from it all in the common era is what I'm saying.
    To put it another way, and assuming during their golden age, as later on, they were forced to face that truth whether they wanted to or not, I would respect them more, if they were smart, like William James Moriarty or Lugh Tuatha Dé, in that no matter how "noble" their cause appears to be, they are nothing more than killers. I hope that they are not stupid, like any given Belmont or CCG Dove (I can't say too much about the Hellsing organization, given that I never watched the series). This goes for all those types of professionals, whether they be Church Executer or Demon Slayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    MEoDP destroyed Roa's soul in the original Tsukihime, and she still got her power back.
    I think that it was already mentioned that Arc would get her power back, if Roa was killed by Death Perception, but the question is if that would happen if Roa was killed by Nanako.

wasn't expecting this, cool stuff
    Spoiler:

this day felt awfully long though

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I went back and looked at some conversations from Melty Blood, since it came up again.

Vlov's story got me thinking.

Obviously we already had this conversation at some points, but it is really made abundantly clear that Arcueid possesses a Principle. The so called "Principle of the Extremum" (極点の原理).

What's more, Vlov wants to consume it for himself, partially as a petty act of vengeance towards Roa, but also to "overcome his starvation". At the end of his story mode, he succeeds in defeating Arcueid, but realizes that taking in her Principle has done nothing to help with his ailment.

The question is once again... how do we relate this to Idea Blood? I think we can by now be fairly certain that Idea Blood is something possessed only by the 27 Ancestors. And once again we have to confront that statement about how Idea Blood = Principle. Yet Arcueid is not one of the 27. Perhaps this is pointing towards finalizing the idea that whilst Idea Blood is some type of Principle, not all Principles are Idea Blood. Still, isn't it interesting how Roa says Principles cannot be passed on, yet that is seemingly what Vlov tries to do with Arcueid? The only saving grace here is that Vlov seemingly doesn't change upon killing her. Perhaps this is simply a case of Vlov being mistaken in his belief that consuming Arcueid would let him get her Principle.
    That's an interesting thought. Especially the name used. I wonder if the ritual would be relating to this. And what Brunestud's IB would be. All said though it's still too confusing and I think we're missing some context to really be able to say definitively if the 27 are special for sure or how principles, skill inheritance etc relate exactly.

As for Arcs power if Roa gets killed by Seven. Why wouldn't she get it back? She kills Roa to temporarily snag it. I think it's safe to assume that Roa dying in any way will fulfil the requirement for her to get the power back.

Edit: I wonder what ORT's IB would be. If the backstory is the same in remake then it would have to have one...right?
    Last edited by Nanaya; October 28th, 2021 at 09:37 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    ORT should have Idea Blood from previous rank 5 DAA it ate.

otherwise it wouldn't be in DAA list.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    ORT should have Idea Blood from previous rank 5 DAA it ate.

otherwise it wouldn't be in DAA list.
    That's what I figure. And another thing to consider when it comes to inheritance. Since that had to have been a long fucking time ago.