Page 185 of 782 FirstFirst ... 85135175180183184185186187190195235285685 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainru View Post
    In Nasuverse Arthur probably won those battles with an Excaliblast, so no military tactics for the brute force dragon king.
    Thats not really implied though, the VN talks about her using up villages to feed her army and sacrificing people to guarantee victory. Also I never really got the impression Saber brute forced things, she always seemed to be very tactical, Shirou just messed things up for her or her honor came into play.

Blog Entries
    She sacrificed villages to feed herself and her bottomless pit of a stomach, and sacrificing people obviously refers to all of her soldiers who didn't GTFO when their king's sword began to glow.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    loljapan then

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lainru View Post
    She sacrificed villages to feed herself and her bottomless pit of a stomach, and sacrificing people obviously refers to all of her soldiers who didn't GTFO when their king's sword began to glow.
    Makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Altrian
    pls go and stay go

Blog Entries
    Then say Artorian! Anything but Altria!

Blog Entries
    You are lucky I can't change your usertitle to Altria.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Darples, Darples, halp, Leo is thinking about ways he could abuse his power

Dear gods. I spend ten minutes editing my reply post and the thread topic switches to Saber going full cannibal.

Quote Originally Posted by firloz View Post
    Mammies, and she isn't archer? What is this nonsense?
    Though actually I think you did a fine job with her, my only actual complaint is that there is nothing there about if her soul gem is moved far enough from her body her body ceases to function. It is a super-important drawback afterall. Also I thought tiro finale was the one time she DOESN'T summon a musket, wasn't it some giant moderny looking gun (though I suppose even her muskets look alot more moderny too, due to their metalic shininess and non-woodiness)?
    Madoka's more of an Archer, in my opinion.
    Spoiler:
    Homura too.

And argh I can't believe I forgot about the 100-meter limit. I've added that on.

Tiro Finale is actually a matchlock-ish weapon. If you look at the top of the gun's handle in the first photo, to the left of Mami's face, you can see a flint and steel like in a musket. Plus, PMMM Portable (the official video game) says that Mami wasn't able to create modern weapons out of her ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Kind of surprised you made her MGC and LCK so high. Especially her LCK (I can at least understand the reasoning behind her high MGC but her LCK definitely sucks).
    Well, most Casters have Rank A Magic, and Zero Caster wasn't even a true magus and a half-assed summon besides. I did edit Mami's luck.

You made multiple references to her Candeloro/Witch form in her Class Skills but then you have it so she merely disappears if her Soul Gem goes dark instead of turning into a Witch? A little anti-climatic, man, I was expecting some made-up Personal Skill involving her Soul Gem going dark...

I like how Magical Girl counts as a Personal Skill, though I would think her Soul Gem is merely an aspect of being a Puella Magi and so should be listed under it rather than being separate (and firloz brought up a good point about the Soul Gem's weakness).
    Well, that was kind of the point of [REDACTED].
    Spoiler:
    Candeloro doesn't exist anymore. Madoka shot it with an FTL magic arrow.

As for the soul gem, the other two sheets of PM I know of both listed it as a Noble Phantasm. I suppose it could be listed as a sub-category under Magical Girl.

Got to agree with mAc, EotM (T) doesnt fit her. She's actually quite competent (especially for a magical girl), but she has always been secretly hiding her fear, desperate for friends/allies, and merely putting on a brave front; plus she chokes when things go to hell. If anything she should have a made-up Personal Skill like "Bravery (False)" ("Still negates the affects of Charisma, fascination, etc., but great enough pressure/surprise will cause the Servant to falter and/or panic; leading to greatly degraded judgement and/or overly emotional reactions.")
    Okay, good point. Bravery (False) it is. It'll differentiate her from Homura, at least.

Probably should bump Tiro Finale down to Anti-Army rather than Anti-Fortress. I can't imagine her even knocking down a normal building with just one shot of it unless said building is one story and rather small. And the ribbons are just part of her magecraft (she doesn't even name them); probably shouldn't count them as a separate NP given Caster's various spells don't count as separate NPs either.
    PMMM Portable was also where I got the Anti-Fortress designation for the Tiro Finale NP.
    Spoiler:
    During the final battle with Walpurgisnacht, Mami can use it to blow a bunch of skyscrapers apart.

Thanks for the help, guys.
    Last edited by SVNB Backup; November 27th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Ah. Tlahuicole is a Saber-class Servant.

I thought Mami was so happy to finally have a friend that she let her guard down, and then Charlotte got her. Grimdark Urobuchi.

I altered some stuff to make the Temacatlatl more of a threat.
    At least he's not a sitting duck any more, but its still basically worthless.

*orders Servant to ignore the crazy man who just trapped himself in a stone ring for the rest of the Grail War, including during the day when everybody can see him*

The problem isn't so much that he himself can't leave, but that he has no way of forcing anyone else to enter the ring. He has literally turned himself into a more powerful version of False Assassin/Koujirou, with the stone ring being an even more cramped version of the temple gates. Nobody save a Master-less Berserker is stupid enough to just waltz into a melee death match in extremely cramped quarters with a Servant who has functionally infinite prana and permanently doubled stats, let alone a Saber who meets all those qualifications (and boosting his Magic Resistance to Rank A guarantees a Caster-Class Servant will never dare go anywhere near the ring). Even someone as honorable as Arturia would think twice before jumping into that death trap.

Quote Originally Posted by SVNB Backup View Post
    Dear gods. I spend ten minutes editing my reply post and the thread topic switches to Saber going full cannibal.

Madoka's more of an Archer, in my opinion.
    Spoiler:
    Homura too.

And argh I can't believe I forgot about the 100-meter limit. I've added that on.

Tiro Finale is actually a matchlock-ish weapon. If you look at the top of the gun's handle in the first photo, to the left of Mami's face, you can see a flint and steel like in a musket. Plus, PMMM Portable (the official video game) says that Mami wasn't able to create modern weapons out of her ribbons.

Well, most Casters have Rank A Magic, and Zero Caster wasn't even a true magus and a half-assed summon besides. I did edit Mami's luck.

Well, that was kind of the point of [REDACTED].
    Spoiler:
    Candeloro doesn't exist anymore. Madoka shot it with an FTL magic arrow.

As for the soul gem, the other two sheets of PM I know of both listed it as a Noble Phantasm. I suppose it could be listed as a sub-category under Magical Girl.

Okay, good point. Bravery (False) it is. It'll differentiate her from Homura, at least.

PMMM Portable was also where I got the Anti-Fortress designation for the Tiro Finale NP.
    Spoiler:
    During the final battle with Walpurgisnacht, Mami can use it to blow a bunch of skyscrapers apart.

Thanks for the help, guys.
    Oh, wow, I haven't played the game yet, so I didn't know she was so damn powerful. Makes you wonder why the hell she didn't WTFpwn Charlotte with that last shot.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    because lol urobochi
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    because lol urobochi
    That's just it though. Didn't Urobuchi work on the scripts for the game as well? It seems weird that he wrote Charlotte's small form tanking a Tiro Finale, then later on in the game he writes Mami doling out a skyscraper-busting Tiro Finale. Unless Puella Magi can actually make their magic stronger with experience, training, the power of friendship, etc.

Obviously being able to destroy buildings isn't good enough when witches use 4th dimensional bodies, resurrect spells, insert other plausible reasoning here. Basically witches, I don't gotta explain shit.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Aaaand a replacement Seibah for my Indo-Javanese Servant set :3 still ending up as a Saber/Archer though. Indians and their hard-on for missiles...

As you can see with my Ghatotkaca, this Abhimanyu is also a blend between the Indian and Javanese versions. The Indian Abhimanyu only has Uttara as his wife. The Javanese version, meanwhile, records that before marrying Uttara Abhimanyu has an earlier wife named Sundhari, who is Khrisna's daughter. Because this first marriage was done outside of Arjuna's knowledge, Abhimanyu ends up marrying Uttara but not before Uttara forced him on swearing the oath below. Of course, both wives eventually knew, but they don't argue between each other (in the Javanese version Arjuna has as many as 14 known wives, but not Draupadi since she is wife to Yudhistira alone). After Abhimanyu died in the war, Sundhari committed suicide. Uttara, on the other side, was pregnant with Abhimanyu's son Pariksit/Parikesit.

Also, the description work kinda sucks.
    ==============

Abhimanyu
    "If my fidelity is not proven to be true, may the weapons and arrow from a whole country pierce my skin!"

Image (c) yamachan80 @ Deviantart

The son of Arjuna, whose death would later be the turning point of Mahabharata.
    Born to Arjuna and Subhadra, Abhimanyu's destiny has been foretold as a great one. The
    Makutharaja sign can be seen in him, and that from his blood will the legacy of the Pandawa continue. While his position as heir to the Indraprashtan throne is not secured yet, his immense talent in warcraft certainly will ease his way to the throne. However, as Arjuna's son, the good looks and dashing personality also attracts a large number of hopeful girls wanting to be his wife. Arjuna wants Abhimanyu to marry Uttara, king Virata's daughter, to seal the alliance between the kingdoms Indraprashta and Matsya. Uttara, uncertain of the young man's fidelity, asks Abhimanyu to swear an oath... An oath that was then sealed by Indra's lightning bolt...

Possible Class: Saber, Archer (stats & skills here given as Saber)
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Lawful Good
    * Noble Phantasm: A++
    * Strength: A+
    * Endurance: A+
    * Agility: C+
    * Mana: C
    * Luck: E

Class Skills:

* Magic Resistance A
    (Saber-specific class skill)
    This skill grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Important to note that the term "verse" seen below refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of two verses is equivalent to a Six-Line incantation. At this skill level, Abhimanyu can cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

* Riding C
    (Saber-specific class skill)
    The skill that represents expertize to ride animals and vehicles. At this skill level, most vehicles can be handled by Abhimanyu with average skill.

Personal skills:

* Battle Continuation A
    The skill that represents the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. This level of skill makes it possible for Abhimanyu to fight even with deadly injuries, and he can remain alive so long as he does not receive a decisive fatal wound.

* Bravery A+
    The skill governs the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination; it is not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement. At this skill level, Abhimanyu gains bonus effect of increasing melee damage.

Noble Phantasms:

* Phulagni [Blazing Passion of Battle]
    Anti-Personnel
    Target: 1
    Phulagni at first glance looks like an ordinary, if beautifully made, longsword that is strangely warm to the touch. It was made by Agni, the god of fire, and was first given to Arjuna. Feeling that he could not bring out its true potential, Arjuna gifted it to Abhimanyu. With his immense talent in weapons, Phulagni soon becomes Abhimanyu's melee weapon of choice.
    In ordinary combat, Phulagni otherwise appears as a masterwork longsword of about C-rank. Only when its name is invoked, the sword becomes alight with flames. The flames increased its cutting power, and sets ablaze anything on its path. The shimmering flames dancing on its edge also makes judging this NP's length much harder. It can also grow or shrink in length, as the blade actually reverts into its true form of Agni's fire instead of simply becoming a material blade clad in fire.

* Chakravyuha [Eclipsing Entrapment]
    Reality Marble
    Target: ~
    One of the most dangerous vyuha (battle formation) of the time. Not everybody can comprehend and coordinate this battle formation; In the Pandava side of the war only Bhima and Arjuna can break free from this shifting encirclement, while Yudhistira can only direct troops into this formation since he lacks the raw power possessed by his younger brothers. Abhimanyu, however, can comprehend enough of the battle formation to enter it and work his way to the center where the commander is (usually) positioned. On the thirteenth day, the Kauravan army employed this formation, and Abhimanyu sacrificed himself to stop the formation from causing the Pandava army to rout.
    Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm, Abhimanyu unleashes his prana to create the battlefield upon which he is slain. The blood-soaked, endless battlefield of Kurukshetra stretches as far as the eye can see, and remnants of battle can be seen scattered around. In this NP, Abhimanyu's STR, END, and AGI are all augmented, along with an increase of Phulagni's power output. Also, the landscape is transformed into a labyrinthine series of shifting ravines where nobody save Servants with the skill Instinct at rank B or above can find its way through. And even when they find their way through, Abhimanyu is waiting for them in the center of the formation (there is no way out, although a minor magecraft-like effect suggests that a way out exists). Abhimanyu can also appear in any point of the formation to attack a lost Servant. The main drawback of the NP is its high prana cost, but Abhimanyu can lessen it somewhat by claiming whatever reserve prana from slain opponents. Even then, the longest Abhimanyu can sustain this NP (alongside a full-powered Phulagni) is around half an hour or so. He could ostensibly sustain it a little longer without Phulagni, but then he'll be restricted to improvised weapons (on par with a D- ranked NP, except chariot wheels which is ranked a full D) that can be salvaged from around if he does.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    At least he's not a sitting duck any more, but its still basically worthless.

*orders Servant to ignore the crazy man who just trapped himself in a stone ring for the rest of the Grail War, including during the day when everybody can see him*

The problem isn't so much that he himself can't leave, but that he has no way of forcing anyone else to enter the ring. He has literally turned himself into a more powerful version of False Assassin/Koujirou, with the stone ring being an even more cramped version of the temple gates. Nobody save a Master-less Berserker is stupid enough to just waltz into a melee death match in extremely cramped quarters with a Servant who has functionally infinite prana and permanently doubled stats, let alone a Saber who meets all those qualifications (and boosting his Magic Resistance to Rank A guarantees a Caster-Class Servant will never dare go anywhere near the ring). Even someone as honorable as Arturia would think twice before jumping into that death trap.
    It's a last-stand type thingy. Doubling all stats needs a strong drawback.

I suppose he could roll it along the ground if Command Spells ordered him to do so, but his honor wouldn't let him. He doesn't really like his honor, but he's stuck with it.

The ideal way to use it would be to wait for the grail to be summoned but not filled, then plant his stone ring right on top of it and just sit there, waiting for the other Servants to die off/come to him and get killed.

(also, if Master has Einzbern hax and can tell where the Grail will summon...)

Just had the best (worst? Highest wtf quotient?) idea ever.

Once the Temacalatl is activated, Tlahuicole is bound to its location and gets B+ Strength (80 average humans, definitely enough to move the Altar) Use a command spell to force him to move it, and he can throw it. Since he gets dragged along, he can fly after it if it is thrown into the air.

So he throws it as far as he can, and in doing so also throws himself.

Temacalatl ~ Defiance of Common Sense

Rank ? Anti-logical Noble Phantasm
    Tlahuicole moves himself by throwing a stone attached to himself.

I mean, it's ridiculous (read: stupid), but it's a possibility for any Master who really really wants to force him to move.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Just had the best (worst? Highest wtf quotient?) idea ever.

Once the Temacalatl is activated, Tlahuicole is bound to its location and gets B+ Strength (80 average humans, definitely enough to move the Altar) Use a command spell to force him to move it, and he can throw it. Since he gets dragged along, he can fly after it if it is thrown into the air.

So he throws it as far as he can, and in doing so also throws himself.

Temacalatl ~ Defiance of Common Sense

Rank ? Anti-logical Noble Phantasm
    Tlahuicole moves himself by throwing a stone attached to himself.

I mean, it's ridiculous (read: stupid), but it's a possibility for any Master who really really wants to force him to move.
    I thought this was a ring of stone a la Stonehenge? But if it's a stone table, i don't see why not.

Or if Tlahuicole can swing it without difficulty... he can use the altar as a weapon.

Now excuse me as i laugh my jimmies off for that stupidly awesome idea. (also, comments on Abhimanyu?)

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words