Page 208 of 782 FirstFirst ... 108158198203206207208209210213218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    More than one fourth Hassan who are clearly not simply alternate universe versions of themselves? Absurd. Next you'll be proposing that we don't even mention them as Hassan in their profiles and just pretend that rule doesn't exist for the purposes of this thread.
    Nah, McJon's right. If they weren't all independent, then the first person to do, e.g., Charlemagne as a Saber would lock everyone else out. And that is not how the C-a-S thread does things, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Bitersweet View Post
    Eh, hassan was never really interesting to begin with.
    Hassan (in the broad sense) just means 'Middle Eastern assassin without a face'. There is a lot of room to be interesting with design there.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nah, McJon's right. If they weren't all independent, then the first person to do, e.g., Charlemagne as a Saber would lock everyone else out.
    Not at all. Multiple Charlemagnes can be handwaved as alternate universe versions of each other. But if you were to label, say... Paris, Li Shuwen, Itzpapalotl, Chuck Norris, Cain and other such people as all "fourth Hassan", you'd have a hard time convincing me they're all alternate universe variants of how this one person could have turned out.

But you're right, we'd better delete every duplicate Servant entry which didn't get in first, just to be safe. Maintain the purity at all costs.

Blog Entries
    Good idea. We should have a poll to decide who gets to stay and who has to go.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    McJon will shortly be enjoying a present from me.

(Maybe).
    sounds kinda kinky

Blog Entries
    ... Okay, what happened that merits the deletion of all the (mostly) interesting Assassins just because a rule that was only just subverted by Semiramis?

That said, I can just move them next door.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    (It's a joke).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    ... Thought so.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

夜属 Nightkin
    when the purge begins I vote that we keep my version of santa claus and not the other one.

As for the hassans, just because there are only 19 in the particular iteration of the world that we see in fate// doesn't mean that those are the only hassans.

There could be some worlds with only 10, or some with over a million, or some where a different person became the 4th hassan (and so they are not alternate realities of the same "4th hassan" but different people entirely who got there before the fate// 4th hassan).

Also the term "assassin" might not be closely associated with the hassans in some alternate universes, and thus the class name being the catalyst might be void in some alternate realities (meaning that assassin is an actual container just like the other classes).

Though personally I just prefer the "all myths are true" approach, and think we should totes edit all the assassins to have some flavorful reason why they are Hassan... but that's just me.

Blog Entries
    You guys clearly take this joke far too seriously.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dibs on 1st.

...I should remake my 1st, not too happy with him, gimme a minute.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    I'll make the ultrabadass super cool and edgy 20th Hassan, the secret Hassan who emerges after his entire order is wiped out in some mass slaughter and he'll be all angsty and dark and awesome and cursed with so much swag that nobody will know what to do with him.

I'll be over here making Heracles punch the sun to death with his dick so he can use the radiation around his dick to make Medea pregnant in the past so she can give birth to Gulcasa so he can team up with Heracles in the future to go punch Apocrypha in the dick.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I'll make the ultrabadass super cool and edgy 20th Hassan, the secret Hassan who emerges after his entire order is wiped out in some mass slaughter and he'll be all angsty and dark and awesome and cursed with so much swag that nobody will know what to do with him.
    Hello Mr. Narita, are rumors about a new Durarara season true?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Hello Mr. Narita, are rumors about a new Durarara season true?
    Not at all. Currently we're working on Vamp! and after that maybe we'll look at a second season for Durarara. At the moment I'm digging much more on vampire princesses.

It's how I ended up on this board, in fact.

Lots of love,
    Mr. Narita~

Needs more garbled gobblygook, tri herder faiker.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    I have an editor who actually edits everything I say now!

Lots of love,
    Mr. Narita~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post

"As to the charge against me that I have been inciting simple hearted people to kill and raid...it is clear to any fair minded and impartial person that one’s own life is the most precious human possession. In the light of this fact it would appear unreasonable that any person would risk his own life at the bidding of a poor man like me, and why on earth should I issue such a command?"

Servant: Hassan i-Sabbah (the 1st)
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality:

A genius that understands how to manipulate not only the conditions of a battle but also the mind of his Master and his "followers". Educated in mathematics, philosophy, theology and warfare, he often takes the role of a teacher, subtly converting his Master to his cause with a cunning mind and excellent speech. While he is confident in himself and his abilities, he tries to always be humble, as arrogance on his part would only cause resistance in his followers. He is not too fond of his title as King of Assassins, prefering to just be called Hassan, just like his followers and those that came after him.

Stastics:
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A+
    Magic: C
    Luck: A

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: A++

At this rank not only the presence as a Servant but all traces of ones existence are erased as long as Assassin is not attacking. Should offensive actions be undertaken even interception of these attacks via clairvoyance or precognition is incredibly difficult, similar to the effects of "Knowledge of Respect and Harmony".

Personal Skills:

Protection of the Faith (Fake): A+

A form of divine protection, usually reserved for martyrs that die for their faith. As Hassan died of old age, he does not receive the true version of this skill. Instead Divine Protection is gained from the fact that he was instrumental in the martyrdom of many men, his followers. Grants a degree of divine protection, the high rank causes abnormalities in his personality.

Projectile (Daggers): A

Thrown objects are now propelled at a speed and precision that gives even the fastest Servants troubles.

Spiritual Leadership: A

The leadership abilities of a person that did not reign over a country but over a religious order or organization. Organizational talents of large forces similar to Charisma are achieved and people are inspired by his presence alone, enthralled by his words and ready to die for him on command.

Mystic Eyes: B

Mystic eyes of Conversion. Achieved by self-modification. Those who do not posses magical resistance can be converted by these eyes, meaning that Assassin can use them as familiars, seeing through their eyes, taking control of them or give them orders, without them being aware of it. As long as Assassin assumes direct control of them they are too in possession of these Mystic Eyes, allowing for rapid expansion of this enchantment. The enchantment can not be detected by modern magi. In the span of one day Assassin can build an absolutely reliable information network in the place he is summoned, permanently monitoring all Masters without risk. These eyes work in tandem with his Noble Phantasm.

Noble Phantasm:

Zabaniya ~ Delusion of Brotherhood - C

This immaterial Noble Phantasm recognizes every converted human as a member of the Assassins. It is the manifestation of Hassan i-Sabbah's power over the brotherhood. Zabaniya are defined as "modification", be it of the mind or of the body. This Zabaniya however is the modifcation of one's own legend.
    Every converted member of Assassins new "brotherhood" receives the fame boost of the brotherhood of Hashashin, making them surpass human capabilities and raising all of their physical statistics to a D rank. They also receive the skills Throwing (Daggers) Rank C, Presence Concealment Rank C and a subset of skills on infiltration, fighting, poisonmaking and espionage.
    With this Noble Phantasm, there are no safe places for Assassins opponents. Every person they meet could be a trained assassin, assaults from all directions are a common occurrence. This forces Servants to slay innocents that are not even aware of their conversion, breaking morale of Good aligned Servants easily. Also it gives a total scouting advantage, allowing Assassin to strike personally when needed. When he is close to his brothers, his Spiritual Leadership rank allows for even more effective assaults and maneuvers.

<insert wank about "lol skirting line between heroic spirit and wraith thus he can work the legend of the original Hassan" here>
    I won't put any effort in explaining it since it kinda violates canon here, but the Assassin class got raped so hard in this thread and now Apocrypha that nobody really cares anymore, so why not.
    High stats so that he can actually fight against a mediocre Servant on even footing, but he lacks the oomph of an NP to finish the job. Did that because he should imo be to the Assassin class what Gilgamesh is to the Archer class, so high stats should be included in the package.
    NP remains a total Assassin thing, and ties in nicely with not only his legend but also middle-eastern beliefs of curses applied via eyes. So just wear a Nazar and you'll be fine
    RIIIIISE
    Last edited by I3uster; January 9th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.

Okay, I3uster, that is probably my favorite Hassan I've ever seen.

Blog Entries
    Oooh, another Hassan. Mcjon is getting many presents!

Appearance
    Longness
    We had been circling the house for five minutes or so before Assassin was finished. An arm covered in black rags reached out to stop me. The cloth's untrimmed edges floated and like leaves in an unseen wind, though they never made a sound which might betray her passage.

“I have her, Master.”

If the rags disguised her body, her voice gave away her gender. It wasn't the sort of voice you associated with assassins; too high, and too soft. But she was deadly enough, something I could certainly attest to. As she took the short bow-stave from her back, I nervously moved behind a tree. We were about to take out Saber and his Master: probably the most powerful Servant in the war, and almost certainly the strongest magus. Horavia Elessin was the head of a Clock Tower department and a war magus who had apparently belonged to the Enforcers. I hoped with all my heart that Assassin could pull this off cleanly: if either detected us, we were about as doomed as it was possible to be.

Distracting myself thoughts of Horavia setting my internal organs on fire, I looked over at Assassin's preparation. She'd uncoiled the a length of silk and strung her bow; she pulled on an arm-guard and a transluscent thumb-ring of some indeterminate gemstone. The bow itself was beautiful: a double-curved crescent of horn covered by black lacquer, decorated with studious Arabic verses from the Qu'ran. It was weighted with rings of iron: she'd told me that it was a trial of strength and stealth imposed on archers as they learned. Given the ease with which she carried the bow, and the utter lack of sound from the rings, it seemed she had the test well in hand.

She nocked an arrow and pulled the bow taut, the string all the way back to her ear. Her target seemed to be a particular point on the stone wall of the European-style house Horavia was staying in. She waited – and waited, and waited, as if daring something to go wrong.

“There … he sensed me!”

She loosed, and the arrow leapt from her bow with unnatural acceleration, thrown forward by a burst of magic. The wall suddenly had a hole straight through it, and I heard a cry of pain from the other side.

I swore, and tried to calm the racing of my heart. “Why the hell did you wait that long?!”

She ignored me to unstring her bow again and take a sniff of the air. “Heart's blood, yes. A good hit.” Then she took the time to turn back and give me answer. “It was as planned, Master: the knight had to sense the attack was aimed at his mistress and he was forced to sacrifice himself for her. To attack him directly risked his instincts denying me the kill, but his weak link was apparent. Chivalry has no place in war.”

I brushed my hand over my face. “Right, great. But next time could you not scare me out of my skin by telling me that the Knight-class Servant has just found us out?”

She stared at me. Thanks to the emotionless skull-mask, I had to guess at her meaning, but it seemed to me as if she had absolutely no clue about having practically given me a heart attack.

Then I just about had another one. The wall of the house we'd attacked exploded outward, and Horavia stalked from the ruins. She'd improvised an armour of rubble, and some particularly vicious-looking, sharp-edged rocks were circling her upraised hand.

But in a burst, Assassin was on her. The unstrung bow stave now seemed to double as a pure staff, magical energy surrounding and reinforcing it. My Servant's blows almost immediately cracked Horavia's stone barrier, and every one of the magus' attempts to fend her away – with a rocky axe conjured from the ground or missiles of earth – was casually batted aside or dodged. Very soon, the armour split open and Assassin's stave crushed Horavia's throat.

I gaped. Assassin casually turned away from the corpse and stalked off.

“That went well. Shall we see if we can find another tonight, Master?”

Name: Hassan-i-Sabbah
    Class: Assassin
    Master: HYPNOS
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Parameters
    Strength: B
    Endurance: D
    Agility: A+
    Magic: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment: A+
    Ability to remain undetected by physical and spiritual senses.
    In addition to the usual competence of the Hassassin in the arts of stealth, Assassin can use her innate abilities to decrease the chances of being detected. She will never be betrayed by scent, even to the keenest nose of an Irish wolfhound. As ever, the ability to remain unperceived is decreased drastically when attacking.

Personal Skills
    Divinity: D++
    Aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Allows the breaching of purge resistance.
    A half-blood, descended from one of the evil wind gods who plagued the fortress of the Hassassin at Alamut. These djinn by themselves necessitated that the previous Hassan-i-Sabah learn a prayer to ward away their storms from him. Her rank is reduced thanks to her hatred of her ancestors, though training means she still pierces divine protection with singular ease. (The exception is against those whose resistance derives from the Islamic religion).

Prana Burst (Air): A
    The use of elementally-aligned magic to reinforce weapons or improve physical attributes.
    Assassin's natural talent with the element of wind brings substantial benefit when she needs to be quicker or stronger. Her high rank reflects the efficiency of her prana bursts, draining minimal magical power, as much as it shows the raw numbers boost she can give to her abilities. As she is likely to always be using Prana Burst in battle, her parameters reflect the increase it gives her.

Far-Sense: B
    Ability to process sensory information from super-human distances.
    Although her control of the air is far more instinctual than trained, it is a particular advantage in information-gathering. This represents an equivalent rank in Clairaudience, Clairvoyance and Clairoliance: the air thins to avoid impeding her sight; it vibrates to carry noises; it wafts to bring her scents. With a few seconds of concentration, Assassin will be able to pin-point a target's location even inside a building a kilometre away from her.

Noble Phantasms
    Zabaniya
    Delusional Traitor's Breath

Zabaniya was the name given to the weapon of Hassan-i-Sabah. Just as 'Hassan-i-Sabah' is a contradictory existence, a single identity assumed by several people. so is Zabaniya. Each Hassan kept the name and typically a certain form to it – a modification of the body – but the essence of each Zabinaya is personalised to their own tastes.

However, Assassin's body is inhuman by its very nature, and she sees no use in further degrading herself from God's light. Instead, she decided to use her inhumanity as misdirection, hoping that each of the other candidates for the true 'Leader of the Assassins' would focus on that as her trump card. If she considers any weapon of hers worthy to take the 'Zabaniya' designation, it is this topaz thumb-ring. The wind-aligned gem allows her to impart a burst of magic to her arrows as they fly, drastically increasing their speed and piercing power. Each use requires Assassin to charge the ring for a few seconds.

When combined with Prana Burst reinforcing her weapon and strengthening her muscles, Assassin's archery becomes a truly deadly weapon.

Type: Anti-Personnel
    Range: 1
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

Legend
    Spoiler:
    Hassan-i-Sabah was a skilled and brutal assassin. He had fought Shaitan, and stolen the devil's arm for his own. But more evil gods plagued him yet: the desert djinn who brought scouring storms which could trap his followers in their fortress for weeks at a time. What was more, they preyed on the Isma'ili communities which should have been under the Hassassin's protection, raping and stealing as the old gods were accustomed to do. The resulting lack of confidence, the destruction of the aura of invulnerability which should have surrounded his fanatical Hassassin, was almost as great a threat to his operations as the more direct attacks.

He mitigated the problem where he could, spreading word of a prayer which could blunt the edge of the djinn's storms, but the solution which eventually came to him was not his own. As he skulked through the shadows of a local village, he saw a child, abandoned just outside the village boundaries. He was angered at the waste, orphans being some of the best recruits for the Hassassin. But when he saw her face, he immediately saw that she had djinn blood: hair and skin of pale blue could hardly come from anywhere else. Undoubtedly, she was the child of rape, forced on a woman when the djinn had come raiding, and now exposed to die as an unwanted offence to God.

Despite being immediately disgusted by the heresy which she represented, the cunning fanatic saw no way he could pass up such an opportunity. He spirited the girl away to Alamut, and began to raise her as a weapon against her own kin. She was isolated from all the other trainees, and her instruction was the strictest possible. In religious matters particularly, Hassan spared no effort to see that she would never stray back to the superstitions which her lineage personified.

In the event, when Hassan believed himself to be growing old and weak, he could find no better heir than the orphan he had trained. Though he hated to give the post to a pagan-blooded girl, the ruthless practicality of an assassin showed through, and he revealed the secret of the Old Man of the Mountain's immortality through succession.

When the transition was made, the new Hassan continued the Hassassin's support of their causes in the area, advancing the Ismai'li sect. However, she also worked at fulfilling the ambition of her predecessor: to destroy the djinn which plagued the area of Alamut. It should have been an impossible task, but she had several advantages. The djinn were some of the few gods who had stayed in the world into the Age of Man, and the weakness that imposed on them was compounded by the spread of Islam, undermining their ancient worship. The old Hassan and passed on his knowledge of fighting divine spirits, and none of the djinn were at all of Shaitan's calibre. And they had to fight one of their own, abilities honed to the keenest edge for both battle and assassination.

Hassan was forced to undertake each fight in strictest secrecy, by herself. The djinn could hardly fail to recognise the source of her abilities, and to have that revealed would destroy both the fanatical religious foundation of the Hassassin and the myth of immortality carried on by each 'Hassan-i-Sabah'. By cunning and trickery, she wounded and dissipated the phenomenon of djinni after djinni. The gods may not be killed, but their bodies could be defeated and dispersed, driving them back and weakening them.

But she too began to grow old. She took longer to kill each djinni, and had to rest for longer in between her divine assassinations. So she passed on her title and mask, and went out into the desert, finally dedicating herself solely to the djinn's elimination.

She tracked down an unusually huge specimen, and began to study him for weaknesses. He had a great golden palace in the mountains, but it seemed empty except for him. She would steal his food, drink the water, and sleep in hidden places, all whilst trying to discover what vulnerabilities of body or mind the god had. At last, though, the djinni discovered signs that a base human had been partaking of his feasts, and dissolved the palace in an instant. Hassan was caught without cover and had to fight, one-on-one. Her precise targeting put an arrow through the djinni's heart before his whirlwind speed let him grab her.

As he hammered punches into her helpless body, he cursed her, saying that his palace had been empty because she had driven away all the other djinn to the Back of the World. He alone, the strongest of them all, had had the courage to face their anonymous assassin. Lifting Hassan up to throttle her, he gloated that all the weaklings had been wrong. He would rule as the lord God in these parts even without them. The villages under her protection would worship him or be destroyed: all her life's work undone. “This,” he said, laughing as her held her up to his face, “is your punishment.”

And then he gave her a new curse, when her poisoned dagger slit his throat. Even with his body breaking apart, he placed damnation on her for the murder of her father. But her soul had already fled to death, and neither god nor family's hatred could reach her.

In a Grail War
    As you can probably tell, she forced herself onward in life with various shades of fanaticism: an inculcated wish for vengeance on the djinn and the particular religious devotion imparted to her. Without that first as a focus and a use for her unholy abilities, she has to confront the contradiction between her inhuman blood and the supremacy of humanity that Nasu's Abrahamic God seems to support. Is she at all able to reach paradise; to what extent can a demi-god of a different pantheon ever do right by Allah: these are the sorts of questions she may have to answer.

If archery is particularly her weapon, I think she's still far from an Archer-class Servant. She's still operating with essentially mundane arrows and an elaborate but non-legendary bow. Her method of operation is to sneak, gather information, set up and let loose one lethal shot (whatever protection the opponent is trying to hide behind). Assassination via archery, and an archery empowered by herself instead of the characteristic weapons of an archer.

The lack of Self-Modification and a 'true' Zabaniya affects her wish too. Where other Hassans willingly cast away their humanity to try to better serve God, she was never given the choice (and was moreover told that, as necessary as her innate abilities were for combating the djinn, anything of theirs was heresy on the deepest level). Though she might not immediately voice it as such, her greatest desire is to become a pure human.
    (That getting an absolutely undiluted, original human body would make her hideously broken doesn't factor in for Hassan herself, but is a fun point to note).

Notes
    Couldn't resist the jab at a certain Irish dog.

Clairoliance is not a word, though I derived it from appropriate Latin words. The dumb websites for psychics tend to give it as clairscent, which is both a bit at odds with '-voyance' and '-audience' and also sounds really dumb. So this is my version of 'far-smelling'.

It's perhaps worth noting that gems in the Nasuverse take on elemental alignment because of nature spirits inhabiting them as they form or lie underground. So that's a second wind-elemental being used to fight the djinn. Its title of 'traitor' has more than one referent.

Many thanks to the Asian Traditional Archery Research Network for their information on mediaeval archery in the Islamic world: much of the information here on Assassin's bow and archery is drawn from them (including, of course, stuff which was written down by credulous Renaissance travellers and may well be untrue but I like anyway). This includes the design of the bow, its piercing abilities, and the 'test' of the iron rings.

Loooooong Appearance and Legend sections. Just flowed for some reason.

And also she was actually a Hassan.
    Last edited by Seika; January 26th, 2013 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Wish and some other points added
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15