Page 327 of 782 FirstFirst ... 227277317322325326327328329332337377427 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    I could see D+ working, the + could activate against freezing/water spells(I'm not sure if you know a + doubles the stat under conditions). But even thats kind of wankish, would make him interesting though, sort of like how TA could tank IA which was completely unexpected because normally he's super weak.
    I'll just say that as long as he has the medal he gets the plus. Once the medal's gone, it's bonus over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    I don't make servants to die in battle number one, Longinus for example could easily go to the final four though beyond that his luck is up in the air. His immunity to curses and demonic weaponry due to his shroud is enough to screw over several casters and a shitload of Sabers. If he can close the gap with a servant of divine blood he can pretty much kill them in a single blow (In Herk's case he'll probably take maybe one or two lives before getting fucking stomped into paste). The point I made is that making a servant to steamroll a war (Like you seem hellbent on doing) is the wrong way to go about it. Longinus relies on his phantasms for staying power and slaying power. He's got an Archer statline as a Lancer due to his not having really done much aside from fight some demons and stab someone in his life. As Saint's go, he's minor as fuck (Not even a feast day.) He's no slouch in combat, but he's not a god of war either.

And he's got a good 1400 to 1800 YEARS of accumulated mystery, and one of the most famous phantasms in history.

The B-rank MR is as Gaboogie said, too high. The Clairvoyance and Knowledge of Respect and Harmony don't fit him. The unpredictability could easily be covered by the Military Tactics.

Also, breaking a phantasm only adds a rank to it, and would likely kill Bolivar dead because his Mana would likely be an E rank and he'd need to pump a shitload in there.
    I would need to increase Military Tactics in rank in order to fill the empty holes left behind. One thing I could see him having is Battle Continuation or Disengage, since there's a particular battle where he should've died but didn't.

The idea is that he doesn't need to pump mana in because that's what the medal is, a huge densified mana disc that only needs an small amount to be lit. It adds one rank to the Phantasm... so C+ is a B rank and a B rank Phantasm is an A++/+ normal attack, which is the intended effect.

Plus, these guy has terrible compatibility against Berserkers of all kind (he can't read an opponent that fights head on) and almost every Assassin you can find. I know who should kill him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But a C+NP is more powerful than a B rank NP, it just has less mystery. Stop trying to confuse us.

But a C+NP is more powerful than a B rank NP, it just has less mystery. Stop trying to confuse us.
    I never said anything about mystery. His Medal was meant to be C+, but I screwed up (I'll leave it like that so the attack winds up being A++) and since a Broken Phantasm increases by one rank, it's basically a B rank Broken Phantasm, which should be comparable to an A++ physical attack.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Should I be the one to break it to him that pluses are conditional?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    I never said anything about mystery. His Medal was meant to be C+, but I screwed up (I'll leave it like that so the attack winds up being A++) and since a Broken Phantasm increases by one rank, it's basically a B rank Broken Phantasm, which should be comparable to an A++ physical attack.
    But a C+NP that was made into a BP would be B+. C=30, B=40, A=50, a + means double under conditions(which are nearly always active for NPs) C+=60 and a B+=80. So if anything it would be a decrease in power if it went from C+ to B.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Should I be the one to break it to him that pluses are conditional?
    Nope, I knew about them, but that's even a better reason to not put them back on.

Oh yeah, the explosion activates, them. They're just there so you know the total amount of damage the explosion inflicts is 150.

I left it at C, no pluses, for that reason. And well, Knick was the one who said "B rank Phantasms are too high" yet suggested a C+ one.
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; July 26th, 2013 at 01:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well in terms of mystery he'd be right. A B rank NP has too much mystery for a modern heroic spirit(unless they are using an older mystery).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    but I'm done editing the image, so I'll just add a sidedish note.
    Speaking of which, why do you even do that?

Looks like the TYPEMOON wikia format but as a picture...

Would probably be easier to just write it out.

I mean, if you really wanted to use a picture you should go all out, like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Speaking of which, why do you even do that?

Looks like the TYPEMOON wikia format but as a picture...

Would probably be easier to just write it out.

I mean, if you really wanted to use a picture you should go all out, like this:

I'd need different fonts and colors and manipulate the layers more carefully. Plus, that's how Shirou sees it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well in terms of mystery he'd be right. A B rank NP has too much mystery for a modern heroic spirit(unless they are using an older mystery).
    Then I made the right choice with plain C. With the buff it gives him, it's not like he'll need much other than strategic winds.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Here, I was goofing off with a friend and did this out of true Japanese otakudom when I should've been doing other stuff. Since he's rather modern and shoehorned into the class, I kinda played around with an idea that makes sense if you've seen/played Hakuouki and just Nasu'd it.

Saber
    True Name: Toshizou Hijikata
    Alignment: LE

Parameters

Str: D
    Agi: C
    Mgi: D+
    End: C
    Luck: D
    NP: D

The vice-commander of the Shinsengumi. A wolf of Mibu. Steeped in the traditions of a samurai despite not being born as one. Nicknamed a demon for his harsh training regime and the rules he made for the upkeep of the Shinsengumi, Hijikata’s true ancestry indeed lies with the demon descendants within Japan. A Crimson Red Vermillion.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: B
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult to be affected. Hijikata bears good MR wholly from his oni lineage.

Riding: E-
    Due to the story of his death upon horseback, his rank is solely from the Saber class.

Personal Skills

Monstrous Strength: C
    Hijikata’s heritage as a Crimson Red Vermillion. The longer in this state, the more likely his Inversion Impulse will overcome his reasoning and he will become a bloodthirsty monster.

Eastern Medicine: B
    Knowledge and applicability of Eastern techniques in medicine crafting. Non-fatal wounds suffered by Hijikata can be healed at a reduced prana cost by sacrificing mundane resources; wounds to others can have healing time improved threefold. Despite his renown as a fierce warrior and association with the samurai of the era, Hijikata was born a farmer and medicine peddler. He continued to use those skills in his time with the Shinsengumi.

Noble Phantasms

Izumi-no-Kami Kanesada
    The Sword of Providential Truth

Though Hijikata is a spirit from the late 1800s, his sword is from the Muromachi period, crafted by a famous smith. It is unlikely it was ever used in battle. As a hero associated with the sword, yet with no Noble Phantasm-ranked sword to his name, the Izumi-no-Kami Kanesada-crafted weapon stands in as an equivalent but is sealed from use.

Hiratsuki
    The Thrust of the Disciplined Demon

D++ (Anti-unit, range 1-2, targets 1 person)
    Hijikata’s famous sword technique adopted by the Shinsengumi and later expanded upon by both Souji Okita and Hajime Saitou. Rather than a “battle technique” or “dueling technique” it could be called a “killing technique” in that it specializes in decreasing an opponent’s chances to live with each strike. A horizontal thrust said to penetrate between the ribs of an opponent for maximum injury. If struck by this technique, the target exponentially becomes both an easier target and takes greater damage with each subsequent blow. A supremely efficient Noble Phantasm.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now make a Kondo Isami Servant!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice little profile there, Arashi. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Now make a Kondo Isami Servant!
    Name: Kondo Isami
    Class: Stalker
    Noble Phantasm: Gorilla Mode

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Xyphos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    I would've loved to pit Rider against her.

- 3-
    I wish I had a chance to pit her against ANYBODY. Too bad it seems to be the norm for RPs on BL to wither and die, with only a few defying said fate. If another Grail War RP came about I might decide to pull her back into active service though...

Quote Originally Posted by Brolaire View Post
    I like the servant, and i love the amount of effort you have put into it. But would this not be more a case of Military Tactics than Battle Continuation ?
    I was somewhat torn between giving her either Military Tactics or Battle Continuation, but I chose the latter mainly because it synergised well with the general concept/role I was going for with her at the time. The fact that she was also really persistent in the fate of all those odds also tilted the balance a bit, plus she was actually a limp by the time Fushimi Castle was under siege (a really old wound that couldn't heal properly).

Though I suspect her stats/skill levels may be a bit too high considering how much flak Bolivar's profile is getting. Not that I know any better than the more frequent visitors of this thread though.

Fancy a Fate/Extra Fanfic?
    Never played Fate/Extra? Don't have a PSP? Have the next best thing.
    Amateur's Fox Tail CCC clean attempts

She is from glorious Yamato so she gets a pass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    I wish I had a chance to pit her against ANYBODY. Too bad it seems to be the norm for RPs on BL to wither and die, with only a few defying said fate. If another Grail War RP came about I might decide to pull her back into active service though...
    I feel bad that none of the ones I've read/followed even made it into Day 2. ;.; They all seemed to have such interesting rosters. I missed the cut on all of them and they seem to happen pretty rarely, so it's sad. I hope one day one of them gets off the ground.

Also she doesn't really run into the Bolivar problem IMO - she's got 200 years on him, and the issue with Bolivar was less 'do you deserve X' as it was 'are you old enough to have actually gotten X'. Bolivar would probably be a prime Saber if you let his spirit age for like another century. It's an interesting take on the army stuff you have though; it's not too routine, and she at least has a reason for the army.

Army stuff is mostly overplayed when it's just "I had an army in life so I get one now." If you have a good reason to have an army that supports it believably, that's an entirely different matter. You need a really strong reason to pull off an Army summon.
    Last edited by Sunny; July 26th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    Army stuff is mostly overplayed when it's just "I had an army in life so I get one now." If you have a good reason to have an army that supports it believably, that's an entirely different matter. You need a really strong reason to pull off an Army summon.
    mpii.jpg

never forget
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    five your army military wank was painful to read yo

Blog Entries
    That's cold little KT, that's cold

Blog Entries
    Spinach avoids commenting on the truth or lack thereof of KT's words.