Page 427 of 782 FirstFirst ... 327377417422425426427428429432437477527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This thread is lacking Pirates. Let's go 1400's on this bitch. I'm no expert on German history but this guy has two rather damn awesome legends attributed to him, so yeah. Plus his last name is a title that implied he could drink 4 liters of beer in one gulp.

Name: Klaus Störtebeker
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STATS:

Strength: C
    Agility: A
    Endurance: D
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: D

Backstory:
    Spoiler:
    One of the most famous captains of the privateer band the Victual Brothers, Klaus and his fellow captain's terrorized the Baltic Sea. Originally hired to fight the Danes by the Swedes, the group after the war (And being expelled from their base on the island of Gotland) instead went full on pirate under a new name (the Likedeelers, or 'Equal Sharers'), capturing merchant vessels of all shapes and sizes. Each successful raid brought increasing notoriety to the group, and the entire Hanseatic League dedicated themselves to wiping them out. Klaus like most of the other brothers, sought sanctuary among the Frisian lands, namely Friesland and East Frisia - his main base of operations, where he was liked enough to actually end up married to the daughter of one of the local chieftans. The long run of raiding however came to a dramatic end in 1401, during a three day long naval battle off the shores of the German islands of Heligoland when the Hanseatic fleet finally caught up to him. His ship's rudder disabled before hand by a traitor, Klaus was captured during the battle, and along with 73 of his crew, dragged off to Hamburg for trial, and was executed afterwords with the rest of his crew members.

The Likedeelers persisted terrorizing the coasts of Europe for several decades afterwords, despite the best efforts of the Hanseatic League.

Class Abilities:

Riding (A-): The user can control and use nearly any type of transportation to it's utmost limits, though his being specialized in sailing ships leaves him ill equipped to handle anything else. For the purpose of all transport other than a ship, he suffers a rank down in the Riding Skill

Magic Resistance (D): Equivalent protection to a warding amulet

Skills:

Golden Rule (C): The user possesses a substantial amount of wealth, due to his piratical ways.

Independent Action (C+): The user is capable of operating without a master for 18 hours without penalty

Likedaaler Flagship (B): While not a noble phantasm in it's own right, the ship that Klaus captained into his final battle is a fine vessal, if a little hard to turn with the sabotage to the rudder. Any body of water large enough can be used to summon the ship for Klaus to captain again.

Noble Phantasms:

The Golden Chain: Klaus's Bargain - (C+):
    Spoiler:

Klaus offered a chain of gold that could be wrapped around the entirety of the city of Hamburg in exchange for his freedom - an offer rejected by the council of Hamburg. The chain is enormously long, and capable of holding back great weights and restraining those of Strength B and below as long as the chain can be wrapped around the target, also preventing them from entering Spirit Form. It can also be used to make offensive attacks, as its mass is quite impressive. Such an attack has a chance of slowing down the enemy by one rank of AGI if they fail a test, as they get tangled in the heavy links.

Eleven Steps: The Captain's Last Act - (B):
    Spoiler:
    Just before his execution, Klaus managed to strike a deal with the Mayor of Hamburg - the city would release every man he walked past after being beheaded. Humoring this absurd request, the Mayor agreed. To the astonishment of all, Klaus after losing his head, got up and brushed himself off, and then took 11 steps, each one long enough to pass one of his men. The panicking executioner tripped him before he could walk past all of his men in turn, and Klaus didn't get back up. The men were all still executed, the Mayor going back on his bargain, but the legend lived on, a man capable of functioning far past death. If Klaus is killed, he can take 11 steps and actions, including combat. Once these 11 actions are used up, he falls to the ground, truly dead. During this time, no attack can knock him off his feet or truly destroy him. The Captain still has more steps to take.
    Last edited by Arch-Magos Winter; April 5th, 2014 at 04:05 AM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting profile, Magos.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Vagrant, why are you mixing El Dorado, a generic Spaniard name for a Muisca chief, with the North American legend of the Seven Cities of Gold?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Interesting profile, Magos.
    Thanks. Probably not my best but at 2 AM it's about all I could manage.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Vagrant, why are you mixing El Dorado, a generic Spaniard name for a Muisca chief, with the North American legend of the Seven Cities of Gold?
    Because El Dorado is also the name of the place in which the namesake king resided. Both stories involve cities of gold and riches, and are primarily Spanish in nature and origin. They're similar enough and easily conflated.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Servant info:
    Spoiler:
    Name: Sargon of Akkad, the First Conqueror, King of Emperors
    Class: Lancer
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength: B+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A+++

Skills
    Spoiler:
    Class Skills:

Magic Resistance:
    C+
    Cancels spells with a chant below two verses, and halves the power the power of spells with a chant of two verses.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: B+
    Suitable for an emperor.

Divine Champion: B-
    Lancer was not only the first emperor and first conqueror, but also the first man to be chosen by a deity as their champion. As the champion of Ishtar, goddess of war, whenever Lancer enters combat, he makes a Luck check. If he succeeds, his Strength, Agility, Charisma and Military Tactics all receive a Rank-Up. However, if he fails, they all receive a Rank-Down instead. This happens because of Ishtar's temperamental nature.

Military Tactics: C
    Bonus to offense when using an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, and to defense when facing one.

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:
    Leather of the Bull - Vengeance of the Sacred Beast

Anti-Army, Rank A+

A leather armor and helmet, made with the skin and horns of the Bull of Heaven. Given to Sargon by Ishtar, it grants the owner amazing defense, a long with an incredible increase to Magic Resistance, making one's comparable to a Divine Beast's. The armor negates all normal attacks of A-Rank or lower, while halving the damage of attacks above A-Rank. Meanwhile, Noble Phantasms cause damage as if they were normal attacks of the same Rank (thus, a Rank C Noble Phantasm causes the same damage as a Rank C normal attack). The helmet attempts to inflict Mental Interference upon all other Servants who see it. Every turn, they must succeed at a Mana check. If they fail it, they receive a Rank-Down to Strength and Endurance, until the next turn. This Noble Phantasm is a way Ishtar found to avenge the Bull of Heaven: dress her champion with his skin, and have him destroy the kingdom built by his murderer.

Enlil - Conquest of Uruk

Anti-Fortress, Rank A+++

A bronze halberd, containing fragments of the horns of the Bull of Heaven. It is decorated with images of eight-pointed stars, lions, and of course, the Bull himself. It was used by Sargon to perform his two greatest feats: the razing of the city of Kazalla, reducing it to ground level, and the destruction of the walls of Uruk, in order to humiliate the King of Heroes and avenge the scorned goddess. When its true name is called, Enlil releases a continous pulse of destroying waves capable of breaking through any guard, independent of how thick the steel or how strong the spell. This attack surpasses even the Sword of Promised Victory in destructive power, and in cost too. Usually, a single use is enough to forced Sargon back into Spirit Form for even a day. Also, should Sargon fail at the Divine Champion Luck check, its Rank is reduced to A++.

Nasuverse Lore
    Spoiler:
    The son of a gardener, and cup-bearer of king Ur-Zababa of Kish, Sargon was chosen by Ishtar to be her champion, and the man who would surpass the arrogant half-god that rejected her. After assassinating the king and taking his throne, Sargon was given an armor and helm made from the skin and horns Bull of Heaven, as well a bronze polearm, and ordered him to take as many kingdoms he could, and to raze the one built by the King of Heroes. Thus, most if not all of Mesopotamia came under Sargon's control, for those that would not bow to him would be crushed.

Personality-wise, Sargon is rather arrogant about his power, but known that he owes it all to Ishtar. Should he win a Grail War, his wish would be a chance to defeat and slay the King of Heroes, believing that his goddess would grant him even greater powers if he killed the one who scorned her.

Earth-1218 Lore
    Spoiler:
    The man who built Akkadian Empir, and took down the walls of Uruk, city of the mighty Gilgamesh. Sargon was the son of a gardener, and became the king's cup-bearer after said king had a dream involving the boy. However, another dream warned the king that Sargon would take over his kingdom, so he tried to kill the young cup-bearer. The boy, however, had Ishtar's favor, who saved him from death. The king then sent Sargon to be killed by the king of Uruk. The aftermath of this plan is unknown, as the next part of Sargon's story is missing. He conquered multiple countries all across Mesopotamia, and made Akkadian the official language of his empire. Sargon is often regarded as the first emperor of the world.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Because El Dorado is also the name of the place in which the namesake king resided. Both stories involve cities of gold and riches, and are primarily Spanish in nature and origin. They're similar enough and easily conflated.
    Basically what Five said. It's a conflation of crystallised mysteries all based on the same core concept, which is the "lost golden city". I felt that linking them together and representing it as an ur-example of the lost utopias of wealth that humans desire was more interesting at a conceptual or lore level than simply "this is the golden city El Dorado lived in".

Also it provides six outstations to put the other six servants into that they have fight through to get to the centre. That was just coincidence but a nice bonus.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps, but it's still hard for me to conflate them when they are so...geographically distant. It kind of feels like a waste. But speaking of mythical lost cities, somebody should do something with Inkarri. I think people could do interesting things with that myth in the Nasuverse.

Another Age of Gods servant:

Caster

Hammurabi of Babylon

Hammu.jpg
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Height/Weight: 6.5 ft/85kg

Parameters:
    Str
    D Mag
    C
    Agi
    C Lck
    B
    End
    D NP
    B

Class Skills:

Territory Creation C
    By establishing at least four cairns Caster can create a consecrated ground (minimum: 1 Sar = 45 sqm) that enables his Noble Phantasm.

Item Creation D
    Provides the adequate knowledge to create the neccessary tools for Territory Creation.

Personal Skills:

Charisma B

Sovereign's Eye C
    Allows Caster to instantly read the alignment of any person/Servant. There is also a small chance that Caster can deduce the identity of a Servant by his or her values and code of conduct.

Military Tactics B
    Provides a bonus when attacking with or defending against Anti-Army NPs.

Noble Phantasm:

The Code of Hammurabi

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: Area created by Territory Creation
    Max. Targets: 1-2

The physical appearance of this concept is a diorite stele the size of a human. Inscribed are the laws laid down by Hammurabi in cuneiforme.
    When invoked it seeks out the nearest target and attempts to crush it. Its effectiveness depends on various conditions.
    This NP gains a '+'-modifier for each of the following:
    Target

• has a non-lawful alignment,
    • has an evil alignment,
    • has broken an oath or commited an act of hubris,
    • has commited a crime on Caster's territory.

Conversely, this NP gains a '-'-modifier, if the target

• has a lawful alignment,
    • has the Mad alignment,
    • is of divine and/or royal descent.

If the modified Rank exceeds the target's Strength, the NP slowly crushes the target to death (1 turn per Endurance rank). Otherwise the target may either withstand the attack (the NP rank is substracted from the Agility rank) or shake off the stele. In the latter case the NP seeks out the closest associate of the target and attempts to crush him or her even if they are without the initial area of effect.

Last edited by ylas; April 8th, 2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Replaced Discernment of the Poor

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Why Discernment of the Poor?

Discernment of the Poor is the new Reality Marble and/or army summoning Noble Phantasm.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I may be mistaken but isn't it specifically a Karna thing, the representation of the boon that let him inquire about the lives of the weak and poor?

^
    ^^
    ^^^
    It seems I misunderstood the implications of this skill.
    I wanted to integrate a skill that reflects the ability of
    a judge/king to 'discern' the character and quality of
    the target.
    Updated the profile.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I may be mistaken but isn't it specifically a Karna thing, the representation of the boon that let him inquire about the lives of the weak and poor?
    No such indication. You'd have a stronger argument if you'd say that Uncrowned Martial Arts is Karna-only, seeing as it has no Rank and thus no possible variations.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Discernment also doesn't have a rank in CCC.
    Must wait for Vol 4 Apo to come out.
    But I don't think it's Karna only; it sounds too general.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ya but Discernment is just literally being able to see through peoples bullshit by having had to deal with bullshit cause your poor or was poor.

It's not Karna exclusive, he just the only example of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I think it's one of those skills that other could theorically also have, but that we will never see, like EAM. If other would go through what Karna has gone through, they might have it, but as it is only Karna shows it.

@ylas: I'm not trying to be polemic, but seriously. Discerniment of the Poor. Hammurabi was an emperor.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I don't get why he'd have it. Just make up a new lie detector skill for him.

Blog Entries
    He, like, already changed it two hours ago guys, let it go.

マリーの味方
    So, attempting to learn more about the 'actual' Angra Mainyu and Zoroastrianism, I came across the Iranian epic the "Shahnameh." While reading it I couldn't help but think of how some of the mythological figures would make interesting Servants, so I decided to whip a Servant sheet up. I might do more of some of the other figures in it.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Zahhak, the Serpent-King
    Sex: Male
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Prana: A
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: A+

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (A): The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. With the rank of A, Creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Item Construction (C): The skill to manufacture magical items.

Personal Skills:

Rule of a Tyrant (B): The ability to rule through fear alone. One who possesses this skill will cause Mental Interference to any of those who look upon him.

Zahhak was said to have ruled over a thousand years, and during this time his people lived in constant fear of his tyranny. Near the end of his rule, he demanded that all of his citizens should sign a testimony that said he was a just and noble king. The majority of his people obeyed the command in fear of his wrath, but Kaveh the blacksmith, who would later become the voice of all those suffering under Zahhak’s tyranny, disobeyed this command.

Victim of Providence (C): A curse that temporarily forces a rank down of one’s parameters when facing a Servant with Divinity of rank D or above, or those who were blessed with the aid of Divine Providence in their lives.

Moved by the compassion of his people, Ahura Mazda, the Lord of Wisdom, would eventually cause a grandson to be born of the line of the great king Jamshid. This child would be named Fereydun, the exact name of the boy who was prophesied to strike down Zahhak.

Dark Arts (A) : The knowledge of a more sinister and dark type of Thaumaturgy, one that has been long forgotten by the Magi of today.

In some accounts, Zahhak was said to have been taught by the destructive spirit, Angra Mainyu. It was said that his magic cast a dark shadow upon the land, a shadow that would only dissipate after the great hero Fereydun stopped his tyranny.

Noble Phantasm:

Twin Snakes of the Serpent-King: Curse of Angra Mainyu (A+, Anti-Army): A pair of twin, black serpents that are contained within Zahhak's body.

Although normally contained within Zahhak, it is possible for them to completely emerge and become separate entities, allowing their true existence as part of the Dragon Kind to be revealed. Even though they would be considered some of the lesser among their kind, they are still capable of causing great destruction, with their strongest form of attack being their vicious acid-based Dragon’s Breath. As they belong to the Monstrous class of the Dragon Kind, they possess no real intelligence, and instead only act on their natural instincts as devourers of humans.

Even when not under use, they require constant nourishment. Their hunger is sated in the form of the brains of humans, and unless this hunger is met, they threaten to devour even Zahhak himself. However, when unleashed, the serpents are fully capable of finding their own source of nourishment and can stay materialized even if Zahhak is destroyed.

Due to both distortion of his legend, along with the lasting effects of being cursed, Zahhak himself also takes bonus damage from Noble Phantasms designed to slay members of the Dragon Kind.
    His stats might be a bit high for Caster, but since he has weaknesses in both Victim of Providence and how he considered part Dragon, I think it balances out. Especially considering a large majority of Servants would be able to qualify as those blessed with divine providence in their lives.

Obviously in the Nasuverse some of Zahhak's actual life would change, the major being any part involving Angra Mainyu. The thousand years of his rule would be hyperbole as well.
    Last edited by Sesto; April 9th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.