Page 485 of 782 FirstFirst ... 385435475480483484485486487490495535585 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Class: Assassin
    Identity: Meretseger, Lady of the Necropolis

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B+
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Appearance

Background

From the 16th to 11th century BCE, tombs were constructed for Pharaohs and powerful nobles in a valley on the west bank of
    the Nile, opposite Thebes. This valley became known as the Valley of the Kings. Due to its isolated position and the
    protection of a special police force known as the Medjay, it allowed those entombed to rest in peace.

To absolutely ensure this protection, Amenhotep I ordered that an elite order of Medjay members be created. After many attempts
    by the royal magi to create a perfect guardian, success was found in the form of a woman who was infused with the blood of a
    Phantasmal Beast: a great cobra. She, and later her descendants, were charged with defending the Valley of the Kings and given the
    title "Meretseger", meaning "She Who Loves Silence".

Rumors were purposefully spread of the cobra-headed goddess who watched from atop the pyramid-shaped mountain of Al-Qurn and
    would protect the righteous and punish malefactors. Laborers who lived in the Valley of the Kings feared her wrath, lest their
    actions be misunderstood as threatening graves. Her punishment was often the bite of a snake or the sting of a scorpion and for
    the worst offenders she would inflict blindness. For the several hundred years, the daughter of Meretseger took up her mother's
    name and authority after her death. Assassin is one member of this esteemed bloodline.

Equipment: Bronze staff, khopesh, dagger and throwing knives, all coated with cobra venom, which she also has several vials of.

Class Skills

Presence Concealment (A): The ability to hide one's presence as a Servant. Assassin's
    skill at stealth is exceptional, able to move quickly with complete silence.

Personal Skills

Demonic Defender of the State (B): The ability to mark a region and put it under her protection by securing leylines
    prior to engagement. Within this domain, Assassin's AGI increases and allows her to use her Noble Phantasm.

Divinity (D): Assassin was believed to be a deity local to the Valley of the Kings, but her fame as such did not spread far beyond
    and people stopped worshiping her after the Valley stopped being used.

Familiar (Snakes) (D): Allows the use of snakes for familiars. They can be commanded by thought and do not require a contract.

Noble Phantasm

Al-Qurn~The Peak Strikes With the Stroke of a Savage Lion (C, Anti-Unit)

By using Demonic Defender of the State to mark her domain, Assassin treats the area like the Valley of the Kings and gains the same
    capabilities as the legendary guardian she is named for. By placing herself at the highest point in the "Valley", she effectively gains rank A
    in Clairvoyance pertaining to people and events within it. Once she is able to 'see' them, she is free to inflict curses of blindness, deafness and
    muteness on anyone with a lower LCK than her. She is also able to freely lift these curses. Those with higher LCK than her are able to make
    a saving throw against the curses and have a chance to discern Assassin's location should they succeed.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 18th, 2014 at 01:51 AM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if this belongs here or in the Modern Fiction thread. How old does the source material have to be to be considered "modern fiction"? Oh well.

Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (actually Chaotic Good)

END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: E
    NP: C+

Skills:

Presence Concealment: E
    Due to the nature of Assassin's legend, the Skill degrades into a state where it is only possible to avoid identification.

Item Construction: C
    Assassin is only capable of producing basic, unenchanted materials, especially firearms.

Territory Creation: B
    Allows for the construction of a Workshop. In Assassin's case, it functions more as a chemical laboratory.

Golden Rule: C
    Assassin obtained a cache of treasure deep within a lake. Its abundance allows him to resolve daily expenses without much effort, but exerts a rank-down on his LCK.

Subversive Activities: B
    Assassin was able to orchestrate a revolution numbering in the hundreds and keep them hidden in plain sight.

Double Summon: B
    Allows Assassin access to the Caster class's basic skills.

Noble Phantasms :

Simoun
    Obscuring the Eyes and the Soul

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 1
    Max targets: 1
    A thick pair of blue-tinted eyeglasses that Assassin used as a disguise. It conceals his true, name, class, skills, parameters, Noble Phantasms, and prana signature. This allows him to pose as an ordinary human without arousing suspicion.

Additionally, the Noble Phantasm casts a spell on user's brain, causing it to interpret signals differently, filling the user's head with thoughts of dissent, hatred, and rebellion. However, this effect may be negated by high enough Magic Resistance or by having strong convictions.

El Filibusterismo
    Fanning the Flames of Rebellion

Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-30
    Max targets: 150 people
    Assassin's trump card, a richly decorated nineteenth century lamp. However, its true nature is that of a bomb filled with nitroglycerin. Unlike most Noble Phantasms, El Filibusterismo requires meticulous crafting in order to come into being. Unlike other Noble Phantasms of this class, it requires relatively common materials easily found in the modern world, such as gas valves and blown glass, enabling for the mass production of the lamps.

The bomb may be set to detonate at a certain time by adjusting the length of the cloth wick and the volume of the gas inside the lamp. Once the lamp flickers, and the wheel is turned to expose the wick, the bomb explodes. At that moment, the nitroglycerin is transfigured into a mass of curses, the resentment and suffering of all oppressed Filipinos past, present, and future. Once the bomb explodes, the curses are let loose, manifesting as an all-consuming fire. Taking the form of an anarchist's ultimate weapon, it instantly slays those in positions of authority, be they political, economic, or religious. Masters with at least one Command Spell, including Assassin's own, are not exempt to this condition.

Lore
    The protagonist of a novel that awakened the minds of thousands and sparked a revolution. Juan Crisostomo Ibarra y Magsalin was born to rich parents, the landowners of the town of San Diego. However, after a series of unfortunate events, he was stripped of his land, love, and honor, only narrowly escaping death through the help of a friend. During the thirteen years of his self-imposed exile, he stumbled upon the secret of his heritage: the ability to perform Magecraft. Honing his skills, his first victim was a Spanish captain from Cuba, whom he had manipulated through money and Thaumaturgy to be an accomplice in his revenge to all those who wronged him.
    Last edited by Nuclear; January 15th, 2015 at 05:23 AM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I think a general guide, though not something that is officially a hard rule, is to stick with pre-20th century literature, just like you would for real people.

We have Frankenstein (1818) and Jekyll/Hyde (1886). Noli me tangere was published in 1887, so Crisostomo Ibarra fits here.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Um, Funder, do you mind changing the word "dumbness"? Like, do they literally went dumb?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Ten crowns is canon. Just in canon it's EX and wasn't in the profile.
    It's technically Potniasomething.
    You get some incomplete info on whatshername earlier in the game, which gets added to her profile as Ten Crowns, and later you get the full info from whatshisname which gets updated to Potniasomething.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Um, Funder, do you mind changing the word "dumbness"? Like, do they literally went dumb?
    Does dumb not mean mute? What's the proper term then?

Edit: OK, I googled it; muteness is in fact a real word.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; November 18th, 2014 at 01:50 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddrunk View Post
    You get some incomplete info on whatshername earlier in the game, which gets added to her profile as Ten Crowns, and later you get the full info from whatshisname which gets updated to Potniasomething.
    Just like my post. Wow that's great.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddrunk View Post
    Potnia Theron. It's a term used by Homer.

I might have been a little overboard with my Servant but...I here I go.

Appearance, Class, True Name, Parameters
    Spoiler:

1948185_729372893753863_1561690268_n.jpg10369199_793175764040242_7761084516419481689_n.jpg
    10388177_849043595120125_6636438971036259085_n.jpg

Class: Caster

True Name: Nyarlathotep.

Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Stats:
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MGI: EX
    LCK: D
    NP: EX

Lore
    Spoiler:

A well-known fictitious evil being, Fragment of Azathoth and one of the Outer Gods originated from the works of HP Lovecraft. This being is well known as a shape shifting agent to present madness and chaos throughout the worlds and ruin those who serves the other Outer Gods or the Great Old Ones, creating conspiracies throughout their society and ruin them. Nyarlathetop enjoys bringing madness and suffering more than bringing them death to those who are inferior (particularly humans). Nyarlathotep is the most human-like of all the Outer Gods, as it always remain contact with humans as it has shape shifted itself into one. According to what was written, it had existed since aeons before the emergence of the humans, aging billions of years old and it is quite possible that it has every knowledge of the human history. The existence of these beings were so famous people had even thought that these beings are to believe to be real to the point of having a number of cults; the most well-known cult was the Cult of Cthulhu. Within the present times, there are still a number of people who believed that these Lovecraftian Monsters are existed. It is unknown how it was successfully summoned as a servant within the Holy Grail War considering the fact that Lovecraftian Horror are depicted as a myth, though the reason is probably many still believed in their existence and being the most human-like of all the Lovecrafian Horrors. Since Gille de Rais(Zero Caster) had a relic related to the Cthullu myth, the Ryleh Text it’s possible that Nyarlathotep might have existed at some point before HP Lovecraft had brought light to its existence within the novels.

Nyarlathotep is genderless has many forms and perceive to be whatever it wants. However, it's appearance is based on how it's master perceives its. If it's master is an idiot, it would have an appearance of a child. It's mentality would also have the mind of a child. Its wish is to fully materialize all Lovecraftian Myths into reality once again and rule the entire existence alongside with the other Outer Gods, where HP Lovecraft never mentioned about it succeeding it's goal. Destroying the Earth in the far future is only a part of it's plan.

Nyarlathotep is genderless, would likely be difficult to have it’s identify revealed. The Catalyst used for it's summoning is the infamous Necronomicon, as Nyarlathotep was summoned through the use of that grimoire it’s possible that it is the original Necronomicon, written by Abdul Al-Hazred.

Skills
    Spoiler:

Class Skills

Territory Creation- A
    Cosmic Malignant:-
    Its presence causes a disturbance in an area, where people would fell malice, fear and restless. Fully utilizing this skill allows it to form a Reality Marble, displaying the grotesque form of the world where humans could not grasp, causing complete madness and fear to any human without a strong heart and mind to resist the insanity of its true nature. The true nature of its evil existence cannot be measured by low level sentience.

Personal Skills

Shape shifting- EX-X
    God of a Thousand Form- Has shape shifted into countless forms in the past. Can shape shift itself into anything.

(Its appearance is based on how its master perceives its. If its master is an idiot, it would have an appearance of a child, having its shape shifting ability completely non-existent. Its mentality would also have the mind of a child. Though its intelligent remains the same.It’s appearance and mentality is totally dependent on its Master. )

Information Manipulation- B
    Timeline Alter:-

Uses her staff to intervene an individual's past timeline and turn the change of event to confuse the present target's understanding of certain knowledge. Servants are not affected as their individual timeline are locked and secured within the Holy Grail and The Throne of Heroes.

Divinity- E-
    Despite its title as an Outer God, most humans believed its actions and how it’s perceived is similar to that of an evil diabolical demon. (Enkidu probably won’t work on it. LOL)

Noble Phantasm
    Spoiler:

Shining Trapezohedron- Haunter of The Dark- B
    A strange stone originated from an alien world of Planet Yuggoth. Upon activation, individuals who looked directly to the stone would get influenced by Caster, allowing her to possess the targets body. In return, the target would gain most knowledge regarding Caster's true identity. However, most human would go insane just by merely glancing her truth. Very low effectiveness on servants with high magic resistance.

Trapezohedron upon activation)

De Marginy's Clock- Clockwork Phantom- B
    A staff attached with an object in a shaped of a coffin, with numbers of clocks on it. Enables her to manipulate time at an absurd rate, however within the confines of the holy Grail War, this ability was disables because of how destructive it could cause to the current existence. Abilities she can use with this staff are, control time to become slow, fast, backward and fast-forward. Also allows her to manipulate an individual’s personal timeline to create confusion.

Compenduem of the Lovecraftian Grimoires - E-EX
    Contains all of the Grimoires mentioned from within Love Craft's novels. The grimoires contain the knowledge of almost all subjects regarding the Lovecraftian Horrors that no human could ever imagine. These grimoire ranges from E-EX. E-D contains only basic magecraft while C-B contains advanced magecraft, some require human sacrifices. A-EX contains power that rivals of the true magic, and but almost all which require human sacrifices, only one A-EX grimoire can be summoned in hand at a time. Rank E-D does not require Caster to summon the grimoires as it could recall spells by simple memorization.

Realm of Sharnoth - ???
    Nyarlathetop's personal realm, no information of what this ability does. Those who enter don't live to tell the tale.

Design note
    Spoiler:

As Nyarlathotep had "Nya" in it's name, I kinda perceived it as a witch with cat ears. If I were to summon it, it'd look like what I drew. So yeah I'm a moronic weaboo Master. :B

And no I don't even watch Nyaruko.
    Last edited by Meteor; November 18th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    >Ignoring the part where Nyarlathotep is an ancient evil alien god that is not only not human (or close to human enough) to be summoned, but also too powerful an existence to be summoned by the grail.

I was gonna bring up the fact that Nyarlathotep's fame only started in the 20th century and therefor he's too modern, but with all the other things in mind it's kinda just rubbing it in.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The Caster is secretly Lovecraft using his writing to disguise himself as a catloli.

Lol I thought so,I made this up a few years ago so guess I really went overboard with misinformation and everything. Oh welp. It was a relief anyway to get it all sort up.

Oh, so another author becomes a Caster. Because those aren't a stretch at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How about Servant Nikola Tesla? With all the movies, novels, manga and VN portraying him as mad scientist, "Prince of Electricity" and mecha pilot, he'd get one damn fameboost/innocent monster morph.

Nikola Tesla's NP : Death Ray Beyond The Sunken Atlantis

Ok that was a lame name.

Tesla's NP is capable of electrocuting elephants, well known to be the most powerful of Divine Spirits.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Oh, so another author becomes a Caster. Because those aren't a stretch at all.
    Once might be a stretch, but three officially sanctioned Author-Casters in a row (and one that is actually a story) and you gotta start to maybe think you were the one that had it wrong and making writers into magic is just part of how the class is supposed to work.

Nasu's just laying the groundwork to self insert himself.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Once might be a stretch, but three officially sanctioned Author-Casters in a row (and one that is actually a story) and you gotta start to maybe think you were the one that had it wrong and making writers into magic is just part of how the class is supposed to work.
    Shakespeare, H.C Andersen and then who's the third?