Page 509 of 782 FirstFirst ... 9409459499504507508509510511514519559609 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,180 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Fuck, you beat me to her.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    No matter, it's not like this is a contest or something.

Blog Entries
    This Caster is probably my most extensive profile yet, complete with lots of smalltext, so I'd appreciate any feedback on him, especially the Noble Phantasms. By the way, this sheet was inspired by this post. Also pouble dost.

Class
    : Caster
    Attribute: Man
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

STR: E
    AGI: C
    END: E
    MGI: B+
    LCK: B
    NP: B

Skills:

Territory Creation: A
    A "study" superior to a Workshop may be constructed.

Item Construction: C
    While it is possible to produce astronomical artifacts with time, Caster prefers to produce mathematical paraphernalia such as books and charts.

Numerology: A+
    Caster's unique style of Magecraft that was achieved through years of rigorous study of the different schools of Thaumaturgy. It does not appear to belong to any one school, but it apparently takes many cues from pre-Kabbalistic theory. It attains the "+" marker when the Noble Phantasms are used.

High-Speed Calculation: C
    Through the ingenious use of modeling,
    Grand Rituals
    complex calculations
    may be
    incanted
    solved
    in three-quarters of the original time, while
    Single-Action Spells
    simple operations
    may be done in an instant.

Noble Phantasms:

Al-Jabr: Unto Completion
    Al-Muqābala: Protector of the Balance
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-15
    Max targets: 25 people

Twin
    Bounded Fields
    functions
    that became the basis of Caster's unique brand of Numerology and that of an entire branch of mathematics: algebra. Their existence as Magecraft has become so important to the world of mathematics that they have transcended their original function and have become Noble Phantasms.

Al-Jabr functions by "completing" both sides of the
    equation
    battlefield
    by taking any and all Magecraft applied to either Caster or his opponent, and applying it to the other. Its existence is similar to that of a primal wound-sharing curse held by he who was chosen to embody All the World's Evils, but the spell functions whether the Magecraft is a boon or a bane to Caster.

Al-Muqābala functions by "balancing" both sides of the
    equation
    battlefield
    by averaging the magical energy of all combatants and then distributing it equally to all present within the Field. Similar to Al-Jabr, the Phantasm is not selective, and will not hesitate to provide Caster with a disadvantage.

Lore
    Caster is Muḥammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī, the great mathematician whose work on numbers pioneered an entirely new branch of mathematics: algebra. He is a scholarly man, and greatly enjoys analyzing the amenities the new world has to offer. His analytic personality, as well as designation in the Caster class, leads him to hole himself up in his Study rather than face direct combat with other Servants. His wish to the Holy Grail is that the light of wisdom may be given unto all.
    Last edited by Nuclear; February 5th, 2016 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Doesn't creating a workshop require a B rank in Territory Creation? The only Caster with a C in it is Tamamo and she can't make a Workshop.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    She can make one iirc, it's just that her personality isn't suited for it.

Blog Entries
    Given that your Caster seems to have a personality highly suited to it, it just seems to me that he should have a rank in Territory Creation higher than a C.

Blog Entries
    Servant: Leonidas I
    Class: Lancer
    (Alternate Class: Saber)
    Alignment:
    Lawful Neutral
    Stats:

Strength - B
    Endurance - C+
    Agility - B
    Mana - E
    Luck - E
    Noble Phantasm - B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - D
    Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance to the same degree as an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

Bravery - B

The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.

Charisma - B+
    The natural talent to command an army. At this rank, Lancer was able to lead his people without question, even inspiring hundreds of his countrymen to walk to certain death, but he could not unite the entirety of Greece under his command as he may have liked and may have been possible with an A rank of Charisma

Military Tactics - B

Tactical knowledge used for non-one-on-one combat situations but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers when using one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or facing an enemy's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm

Protection from Arrows - C
    An increased defense against ranged attacks by predicting the projectiles' trajectories through exceptional means, such as hearing the sound of the air being disturbed by a projectile in flight or hearing the creak of the enemy's armor or bowstring. At this rank, the skill is entirely sensory, as Lancer is so assured of his own prowess and so accustomed to things like killing intent that an enemy's hostility would not provoke any more care than usual.

Instinct - B
    The power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle

Divinity - D
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. As a son of Sparta's ruling dynasty, Lancer prided himself on the notion that the blood of Heracles flowed through his veins. That the Oracle of Delphi acknowledgement this supposed relation may have been a move to placate the king more than anything else.

Noble Phantasm:

Go Tell the Spartans
    By the Pride of Lacedaemon

Anti-Army
    Rank B

Leonidas's greatest feat was also his last. Standing at Thermopylae with his Spartans and their allies, Leonidas held the line for seven days against the Persian horde, falling only when a treacherous Greek informed the invaders of a way to outflank his position. Before this, Leonidas had specifically chosen a narrow pass known as the hot gates that would force the Persian attackers into a bottleneck, allowing the Spartans to mow them down at a more favorable pace rather than face the vast bulk of Xerxes's army all at once. Truly, he made their numbers count for nothing.

True to that legend, Leonidas's sole Phantasm punishes enemies who would seek to overcome him with numbers. The greater the enemy's number, the greater this Phantasms's effect. Should he face an alliance of two Servants, they will find their power cut in half. If, by some miracle, all six of his rivals band together to face him, they will be enfeebled by the loss of five-sixths of their power. Just as Leonidas dictated the terms and the pace of the battle at the hot gates before the betrayal, By the Pride of Lacedaemon forces his enemies to thin their ranks and face him with as few fighters as possible. Indeed, the best way to face Leonidas is to meet his own terms of single battle, where he is most confident in his skills as a great Spartan warrior.

As mighty as this effect is, it is not without its drawbacks. Though fast-acting, it is not instantaneous. Theoretically, a number of Servants could join forces against him and cut him down before it has time to take its full toll on them.

True to its name, By the Pride of Lacedaemon is partially rooted in Leonidas's perception of himself and his enemies. It is far less effective against anything Leonidas deems a lesser threat, such as mortal magi and their familiars, though it would still take effect to drain a magus's power to a certain degree and give them a light-headed feeling as soon as they show hostility. After all, these are not true warriors worthy of a Spartan's time. There is little glory to be had in slaughtering weaklings.

Finally, there is the simple fact that this is not a Noble Phantasm that can be activated and dismissed on a whim, making his continued prana demand higher than the average Servant's, though not by a particularly large margin. There is a silver lining in that Leonidas's Master will never have to face the prana exhaustion of a Saber who can't handle her sword's full power or a Rider who has to sack a school with a lesser Phantasm to power her greatest Phantasm.

Notes
    The idea was a guy with fairly solid stats who forces you to fight him one-on-one instead of having some flashy Noble Phantasm. He's from the Kojiro and Diarmuid school of being a fairly "normal" Servant who mostly gets by on just being really good in a straight fight. Leonidas isn't Achilles or Herc-tier in terms of fame or feats performed, so I gave him what I hope was a good-but-not-great stat block. I wound up giving him way more Personal Skills than intended, and I waffled a bit on whether I should have given him Instinct or one of the Eye of the Mind abilities. Defaulted to Instinct just because.
    Last edited by Imperial; January 27th, 2015 at 02:42 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My turn to rape my culture, can't let NuCensus have all the fun

Class: Saber
    True Name: Sigurd Snake-In-The-Eye
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Original lifetime: 8th Century
    Place of Birth: Denmark

STR: B END: C

AGI: B MGI: B

LCK: A NP: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: A

Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi. Being the grandson of Sigurd Fafnersbane, Sigurd took the most after his grandfather and was the only among Aslaug's sons who inherited part of the dragon blood that cursed the slayer of Fafnir.

Riding: B

Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, Sigurd cannot ride members of a Phantasmal Species.

Personal Skills:

Mystic Eyes
    : A

The possession of Mystic Eyes that can interfere with the outside world. Sigurd was born with the
    ormr í auga
    Mystic Eyes of The Serpent
    , which can cover anyone within his sight in corrosive dragon saliva, a deadly substance that burns like wildfire. As it is manifested as his opponent already being covered in the substance, it requires a Luck check to avoid being lathered.

Torture Techniques: B

The skill that represents one's ability to torture others. Gives a small bonus when wielding torture utensils like Sigurd's knife. Sigurd cut himself to the bone without doing permanent damage to himself when he heard of his father's demise, and later performed the Blood Eagle on King Ella, who had thrown his father Ragnar into a pit of serpents, without killing him.

Clairvoyance: B+

Connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. Sigurd's dragon eyes have naturally increased long-range vision, being able to track high-speed objects at a range of 5 kilometers. Additionally, Sigurd can see many of the opponent's possible paths of movement up close, effectively seeing all the possible futures of his immediate surroundings.

Rune Magic: C

Knowledge of Magecraft using runes, originating from Northern Europe. As the ancestor of Harald Bluetooth, the greatest user of Runes, Sigurd has considerable skill using the 18 Elder Futhark runes.

Noble Phantasms:

Vengeance In My Very Bones
    Ragnarssona þáttr: C

Anti-Unit

The legend of Sigurd's response to hearing of his father's death. As he was the son closest to his father, the one who treasured him the most, he carved his revenge against King Ella into his very bones, vowing not to rest until he had butchered the king utterly. This Noble Phantasm can only be activated against an enemy who Sigurd has already come to hate. By carving his opponent's name (their Servant title works too) into the bone of his sword arm, his vengeance is set. Against that opponent, his Strength and Agility is raised by two +'s worth and he enters a furious rage whenever he fights that opponent, regardless of his temper before the battle. Additionally, he gains an ability similar to Battle Continuation, as he refuses to fall before his revenge is complete. After the marked opponent is dead, the carving fades and Sigurd can write a new name in its place.

Breath of the Dragon Son
    Fafners Nedstammer: A

Anti-Army

The Noble Phantasm that shows just how much of his grandfather's dragon blood he was born with. Though Sigurd Fafnersbane only become one who has dragon blood through covering his body in it and therefore his ability to pass it on was doubtful, his grandson of the same name was somehow born with strong blood in his veins, despite none of his brothers sharing that trait. As a result of this dragon blood, Sigurd naturally developed dragon's breath as a child, which manifests as a massive gout of bright green and twillight-colored fire, resembling his grandfather swinging his Holy Sword that annihilated all before it with a wave of energy. This blast of fire, hot enough to melt bedrock, is large enough to incinerate a small town as Sigurd channels the power that embodies his life as a son of Fafnir.
    Last edited by Christemo; February 25th, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    That Leonidas utterly stomps the ioian hetairoi, holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a lot of personal skills though.

マリーの味方
    I don't think Guardian Spartan or Protection from Arrows are really necessary. And I'm pretty sure Battle Continuation isn't a class skill.

The idea behind the NP is pretty cool though.

Blog Entries
    Battle Continuation is a Lancer skill in Extra. And frankly the class needs more going for it than mediocre Magic Resistance. Every other class except Berserker gets two skills, and Berserkers don't need a second skill.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Battle Continuation is a Lancer skill in Extra.
    tm wikia fanon.
    Vlad's battle continuation isn't even battle continuation but disengage.

Blog Entries
    Every other class except Berserker gets two skills
    Assassin.
    Last edited by Siriel; January 26th, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Battle Continuation is a Lancer skill in Extra. And frankly the class needs more going for it than mediocre Magic Resistance.
    You seem to be under the impression that the Grail War is meant to be a legitimate, fair contest. It's not. Why do you think that 3/7 Classes are almost entirely useless?

Blog Entries
    "Let's make a class of stealthy guys."

"That seems at odd with the whole battle theme, they might have an edge over our honorable knight with bullshit beam swords."

"True, so let's make it so that their ability to hide vanishes before they attack."

"Brilliant!"

"Let's make a class for our honorable predecessors."

"But if we summon them they might get one over us, and if someone else summons them they might win and wreck our system."

"It's okay, I've hardcoded magic resistance into most of the classes."

"Truly, your genius knows no bounds."
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    "Let's make a Class that allows you to strengthen your Servant's base stats at the cost of their Mental Capacity, it'll encourage the use of Obscure Heroes"

"That's great, but what if someone summons a really famous hero with it. Won't they be too strong?"

"Already thought of that, the Upkeep costs will kill the summoner after a couple days"

"You never cease to amaze me"

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Lancer class was supposedly one of the useful ones though, so i agree with Lancer having Battle Continuation as a Class Skill

Blog Entries
    Assassin.
    My bad. I thought Assassins had Independent Action.