Page 621 of 782 FirstFirst ... 121521571611616619620621622623626631671721 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any druid summoned gets Wicker Man as an NP. Cu Chulainn isn't even a real druid, but Celt + magus = druids, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It says that as long as your celtic and you're a druid you have it.
    This is not a secret art of the runes, but a Noble Phantasm of the Celtic druids, given to the Child of Light who manifested as a "Celt magus" that manipulates sweltering heat.
    @クーフーリン
    本来はドルイドたちの宝具、[r]っつか、生贄の[#燔祭:はんさい]に使う魔術道具だな。
    Originally it is a noble phantasm of the druids, a magical tool used for the burnt offering of sacrifices.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar

Looks like I was Ninja'ed. Asterism42 already brought up Richard (Strange Fake's Saber) while I was still in the middle of composing my post. He's definitely not one of the Knights of the Round though.
    Sorry, I was meaning to say "holy sword". Artoria was given Excalibur, Gawain possessed Excalibur Galatine, Lancelot wielded Arondinlght - sister sword to Excalibur, etc. There is also a possibility of Boudicca's Sword and Richard's Excalibur being related to the same family of Noble Phantasms.

Suldes and Yassaqs are kinda in my mind: there is a family of such Phantasms, who share source and general concept, but have different effects.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; December 2nd, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So any druid can use it? That's... pretty weird actually. As a crystallization of a Heroic Spirit's legend a Noble Phantasm really should be something limited to that Servant and that Servant alone (again, putting aside EMIYA and Gilgamesh). I could understand the Wickerman NP belonging to someone who was like, the founder of the Druidic religion or something (don't know much about it) but not just any celtic sorcerer. Otherwise it'd be like saying that any American could summon the Statue Of Liberty as an NP just by virtue of being American. If it doesn't distinguish their legend from others then what qualifies it to be a Noble Phantasm? Chalk that up to the usual Grand Order weirdness I guess.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 2nd, 2015 at 06:15 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't have more than one Servant with the same Noble Phantasm (although if they have different effects/legends they might qualify as "distinct" even if they're physically the same object).
    Hm. So even though many people wielded the sword Tyrfing, for example, it would have a different effect for each of them?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm. So even though many people wielded the sword Tyrfing, for example, it would have a different effect for each of them?
    Spoiler:
    I had some off the rails idea about Tyrfing. Basically, the sword is an actual Heroic Spirit and the wielders are his Noble Phantasms

Hm! That would be interesting to see, actually. I've had an idea about how to stat-up Hervor (the first one), but yours is so delightfully bizarre it interests me more! Any chance you'll be doing it?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So any druid can use it? That's... pretty weird actually. As a crystallization of a Heroic Spirit's legend a Noble Phantasm really should be something limited to that Servant and that Servant alone (again, putting aside EMIYA and Gilgamesh). I could understand the Wickerman NP belonging to someone who was like, the founder of the Druidic religion or something (don't know much about it) but not just any celtic sorcerer.
    Wicker Man is the crystallization about the legends of the druids. All druids. As You said, it's the NP of the Celtic druids as a collective.

Is my guess. It's a druid thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Spoiler:
    I had some off the rails idea about Tyrfing. Basically, the sword is an actual Heroic Spirit and the wielders are his Noble Phantasms
    Hm! That would be interesting to see, actually. I've had an idea about how to stat-up Hervor (the first one), but yours is so delightfully bizarre it interests me more! Any chance you'll be doing it?
    I might, but not in the near future. Currently, I am planning to translate 3 more profiles from my campaing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So any druid can use it? That's... pretty weird actually. As a crystallization of a Heroic Spirit's legend a Noble Phantasm really should be something limited to that Servant and that Servant alone (again, putting aside EMIYA and Gilgamesh). I could understand the Wickerman NP belonging to someone who was like, the founder of the Druidic religion or something (don't know much about it) but not just any celtic sorcerer. Otherwise it'd be like saying that any American could summon the Statue Of Liberty as an NP just by virtue of being American. If it doesn't distinguish their legend from others then what qualifies it to be a Noble Phantasm? Chalk that up to the usual Grand Order weirdness I guess.
    And any Shinsengumi gets the coat and the corps officers get the flag.

- - - Updated - - -

It would if they did different feats with it.
    A NP is the re-enactment of a feat from legend.
    So even if it's the same weapon but the feat is different, the effect is different.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tyrfing would be the Heroic Spirit, and everyone who used it be its Noble Phantasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    And any Shinsengumi gets the coat and the corps officers get the flag.

- - - Updated - - -

It would if they did different feats with it.
    A NP is the re-enactment of a feat from legend.
    So even if it's the same weapon but the feat is different, the effect is different.
    See: Cu and Gae Bolg vs vanilla GB.

I wonder if Nicholas Cage could summon Wicker Man.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think Nicholas Cage might be the very reason for Wickerman

So, would Cage's Wickerman NP just summon a lot of bees?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post

I wonder if Nicholas Cage could summon Wicker Man.
    oooooooh i just thought up of a good other example.
    Each Assassin uses the same NP, Zabainya, as it represents the same thing, the supermove of Hassan i Sabbah.
    However, the effect of Zabinya is different because each Hassan had a different supermove.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Oh, yeah, forgot to ask about this: there's a vanilla Gáe Bulg?

it originally had the "always hit" effect but causality reversal is his own thing
    Last edited by Akanzara; December 3rd, 2015 at 09:14 AM.

Oh, yeah, forgot to ask about this: there's a vanilla Gáe Bulg?
    The thrown version.
    Just weaker
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

I'm not sorry.

Class: Ruler

STR: D (C)
    END: D (C)
    AGI: C (B)
    MGI: B
    LCK: C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (EX): Normally at B-rank due to Ruler's piety and closeness to Christ, his resistance to magic
    is increased to near complete immunity by his Noble Phantasm. However, it cannot cope with sacraments of the Church.

True Name Discernment (B): Ruler can automatically determine a Servant's true identity, skills and parameters
    upon encountering them. If they possess a means of concealing these, he can make a LCK check to overcome it.

God's Resolution (N/A): Ruler possesses two Command Seals corresponding to each Servant in the current Grail War.

Personal Skills

Saint (B): Ruler is honored as a saint in the Catholic and Orthodox churches, and gains a bonus to the effectiveness
    of sacraments, which are his main offensive tools in battle. He is also able to deploy sacraments as a single action.

Mystic Eyes (EX): Ruler possesses the incredibly rare Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, giving him the ability to kill
    anything that possesses the concept of death, removing it from existence. However, death is not something humans were
    meant to see, so Ruler relies on his Noble Phantasm to keep them sealed, in order to keep him from taking mental damage.
    Ruler gained these Eyes by spending four days in the afterlife and being returned to the land of the living.

Madness Enhancement (C): Normally sealed along with his Mystic Eyes, this skill is unlocked when Ruler remembers his time
    in the afterlife, where the sight of damned souls left him in a deep depression. His sanity is temporarily lost and his
    physical parameters are increased by one rank each. A Command Seal or time away from stressful conditions can reseal it.

Chinese Martial Arts (A): The body that Ruler inhabits belongs to an extremely skilled practitioner of Bajiquan. Mixed with
    magecraft, it is a fast and efficient method of causing severe internal damage. Though slowly becoming accustomed to it, Ruler
    can get by quite well by relying on his body's muscle memory.

Noble Phantasms

Supreme Omophorion~The Lamb Borne on the Shoulders (B, Support)

This wool brocade was woven and presented to Ruler by the Virgin Mary herself when he was appointed Bishop of Kition.
    It became the distinguishing vestment of a bishop and symbol of the lost sheep carried on the Good Shepherd's shoulders,
    signifying the bishop's role as an icon of Christ. It enhances his Magic Resistance to EX-rank and by invoking the name
    of Christ he can extend this protection to others within a limited range. It also acts as a powerful Holy Shroud, since
    it was made from the remnants of Ruler's burial wrappings, which were touched and blessed by the Son of God. One of its
    many possible functions is a Mystic Eye Killer, allowing Ruler to interact with the world without seeing Death everywhere.

Holy Tears of the Christ~I Am the Resurrection and the Life (A, Support, Anti-Evil)

After Ruler's first death, Jesus, upon seeing Ruler's sisters and friends in mourning, was deeply troubled and moved. Contained
    within a phylactery in Ruler's robes are the tears of a Divine Spirit in human form, one of the few bodily relics left on earth
    since Jesus ascended into heaven corporeally. A single drop is an immensely powerful curative, capable of even reviving the dead.
    Those of Evil alignment will be annihilated by their touch, although this can be offset by high ranks in Divinity.

Background
    Lazarus was a follower and close friend of Jesus who lived in Bethany, near Jerusalem. He was the brother of Mary and Martha
    (who tamed the Tarasque). After he fell deathly ill, his sisters send word to Jesus. Instead of immediately traveling to Bethany,
    Jesus intentionally remained where he was for two more days before beginning the journey to their home. When Jesus arrived in
    Bethany, he found that Lazarus was dead and had already been in his tomb for four days. He met first with Martha and Mary in turn.
    Martha lamented that Jesus did not arrive soon enough to heal her brother and Jesus replied with the well-known statement, "I am
    the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth
    in me shall never die". It is at his tomb that the famous simple phrase, "Jesus wept" was given. In the presence of a crowd of Jewish
    mourners, Jesus came to the tomb. Over the objections of Martha, Jesus had them roll the stone away from the entrance to the tomb
    called Lazarus to come out and Lazarus did so, still wrapped in his grave-cloths. Jesus then called for someone to remove the
    grave-cloths and let him go.

Sometime after the Resurrection of Christ, Lazarus was forced to flee Judea because of rumored plots on his life and came to Cyprus.
    There he was appointed by the Apostles Paul and Barnabas as the first bishop of Kition (present-day Larnaka). He lived there for
    thirty more years, and on his death was buried there for the second and last time. Lazarus never smiled during the thirty years
    after his resurrection, worried by the sight of unredeemed souls he had seen during his four-day stay in Hades. The only exception
    was when he showed his dark sense of humor; when he saw someone stealing a pot, he smilingly said: "the clay steals the clay."

During the Grail War, Ruler has brought back to life a priest named Kotomine Kirei in order to mirror his own life experiences and to
    inhabit his body. However, he finds himself engaging in gallows humor more often. But there's probably nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; December 4th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    if Martha's brother is Kirei, then I get the bondage.