Page 712 of 782 FirstFirst ... 212612662702707710711712713714717722762 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,240 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    What? Isn't it stated somewhere in the VN that Archer (assuming you mean EMIYA) could circumvent Gae Bolg (regular version) by having swift enough footwork so as to get out of the effective radius whenever Cu tried to use it? Sure I've heard that somewhere...
    It just that if Cu takes up the stance, he's going to backpedal like hell and hopefully get out of range. It never says it'll work.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It just that if Cu takes up the stance, he's going to backpedal like hell and hopefully get out of range. It never says it'll work.
    Eh, It might've in the VN. where the range is like, a couple metres. It's totally a crapshot now that GB is a 50 foot energy whip though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    doesn't it say "he'll totally get hit. But he will try to get out of range."
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought there was something to the effect of 'Cu tried to pull off GB a whole bunch of times during their fight but EMIYA never gave him the chance'.

I dunno. Maybe my mind just filled in the blanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Eh, It might've in the VN. where the range is like, a couple metres. It's totally a crapshot now that GB is a 50 foot energy whip though.
    Fifty foot energy whip? I presume you're talking about how it's portrayed in the UBW anime. That's a visual depiction of a highly abstract concept (causality warping) so I would highly caution against taking it at face value. Besides, I think the 'crazy energy whip' properties (as you so aptly put it) are only invoked once the target's already within the actual range. So like, if they try to block or something it can curve around and stab them anyways. But it won't do anything if they're not in the effective range to begin with. Otherwise it would imply he could Gae Bolg people from like, all the way across a building or something, which would be crazy.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I thought there was something to the effect of 'Cu tried to pull off GB a whole bunch of times during their fight but EMIYA never gave him the chance'.

I dunno. Maybe my mind just filled in the blanks.
    His second fight with Cu is just "I'm using EotM to open up deliberate gaps and Cu walks into them so that I can control the flow of the battle....oh, I just called him a dog, now he's throwing his spear at me."

The get out of range of heartstab is in CM3.

Blog Entries
    Cu is subconsciously holding back for a good chunk of his second fight with Archer. He even chastises himself for being sentimental and thinking of Rin in the middle of the fight.

There's no indication he tried to do the causality-warping heart stab at any point in that fight. He went right for the spear of destruction when Archer pressed his big, red button.

Shifting gears to another conversation, Grail Wars aren't meant to be fair. Berserkers are on self-destruct. Casters get gimped by prevalence of Magic Resistance. Some heroes have accumulated as much fame or their legends don't go back as far. The notion that all Servants should be on the same playing field doesn't hold much water.
    Last edited by Imperial; April 27th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Archer could've won all HGW battles if he used his head and wasn't busy trying to commit time travelling suicide. Assassin and True Assassin are the closest thing I can come up with and I am sure those had a low chance, but not a negligible one.
    Against Berserker, both Assassins explicitly
    wouldn't even be a fight
    have no chance
    , and Caster could take at most 3 of his lives. Lancer's chance, while it exists, is extremely low and unspecified, and I highly doubt Bellerophon would be enough to take 12 lives, but feel free to disagree with that if you'd like since I have no source. Archer tried, and obviously did extremely well for someone of his status, but ultimately failed, while using his head and without any interference from his hyperpersonal vendetta. He also clearly wouldn't be able to defeat Lancer, and while I still haven't read /HA, as I understand it his temporal suicidal tendencies are the only reason Saber isn't able to cut him down with ease. Gae Bolg, if Lancer gets to pull it off as he most likely would, would also be certain death for Rider (and True Assassin, not that it matters). Against Gilgamesh, nobody except Saber (and maybe Archer? But iirc the consensus on that was that Gil wouldn't take him as lightly as he would Shirou) could win unless he let them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth
    I always thought of it as an sniper usable ability, but suit yourself...
    Assuming you're referring to Clairvoyance, it is a sniper ability primarily, but it's also blatantly what you're describing, "sight you'd expect of 300+ year old Archers". I've used a low rank of Clairvoyance to equate to much lesser things than shooting multiple kilometers in the past. Whereas Eye of the Mind is just... not at all that? It's experience, specifically experience with avoiding danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth
    Perhaps we simply have a different understanding of the word "weak". Strong servants in my mind are theoretically far more powerful than this... And depending on whether people here wouldn't mind seeing a "reincarnated servant", I might show what I consider a strong servant.
    I think the difference lies in your interpreting the average Servants we see as being average in the setting, which canonically they aren't. Annie isn't actually that strong, really, she's just much stronger than she has any right to be. That said, while I do somewhat dread it, I would be quite interested in seeing Servants you consider "strong".

If I remember correctly, the narration actually says outright that he's not taking the battle seriously because he's not using his Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by Clockehwork; April 27th, 2016 at 09:54 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Cu is subconsciously holding back for a good chunk of his second fight with Archer. He even chastises himself for being sentimental and thinking of Rin in the middle of the fight.
    Not exactly "holding back". He's not using Gáe Bolg, which is definitely a pretty big deal, but when it comes to melee fighting, he's giving his all. Then again, if things kept on going without anything else changing, even Archer's strategy would have ultimately failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    Against Gilgamesh, nobody except Saber (and maybe Archer? But iirc the consensus on that was that Gil wouldn't take him as lightly as he would Shirou) could win unless he let them.
    Even Saber only got the chance to use Avalon because Gilgamesh wasn't using Ea at maximum power - he didn't want to kill her, but rather corrupt her with the Grail mud.

Giving his all and using his Noble Phantasm are literally the same thing, though. He was fighting to kill but he was also totally holding back, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Class: Avenger
    True Name: Donald J Trump
    Sex: Male
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Strength: C
    Endurance: A+
    Agility: C
    Mana: C-
    Luck: A++
    Noble Phantasm: EX

Skills:

True Name Discernment: EX

A Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In addition, a modifier will be created that weakens the power of the true name, such as "Low Energy Arturia" or "Degenerate Diarmuid".

Independent Action: A+

The Servant can operate without a Master. The support of a Master is unnecessary even while unleashing a large amount of magical energy. Avenger may not listen to commands even when compelled with a command seal.

Golden Rule: B

The servant funds its own operations without funds from the master.

Noble Phantasms:

Art of the Deal: EX

The ability to form any contract or deal instantly. Formal magical contracts usually require an elaborate Geis agreed to by both parties, but this requirement is entirely bypassed. Can even create and nullify contracts between servants and masters on the fly. An ability on the level of True Magic.

The Wall: B+

The Wall is a defensive noble phantasm that seals off the battlefield completely. Any further summoning of Servants or any form of spirit or familiar is sealed. This ability can be used even when Avenger's mana is zero, as he will make the enemy pay with their own mana.
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; April 28th, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Servants based on modern fiction go in the Fanfic thread.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Look at Edison, that sheet is actually mild, in a hundred years it will be in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Servants based on modern fiction go in the Fanfic thread.
    ...Fiction?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    ...Fiction?
    Obviously. Real people stay in this thread.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    Class: Avenger
    True Name: Donald J Trump
    Hilarious seeing another Donald Trump sheet here. I made one myself a while ago, and while I like some of the ideas, I don't think it was one of my best (even as a joke sheet). Your take on 'Art Of The Deal' is amazing and way better then what I came up with (mine was just a Personal Skill that let him make deals really well). Your take on True Name Discernment is also great and totally fitting of Trump (LOL at 'Low-Energy Arturia' and 'Degenerate Diarmuid'). Also, LOL at the Chaotic Good Alignment (mine was 'Lawful Evil'). Out of curiosity, did you get the 'forces the enemy to pay for wall with their own Mana' from my Donald Trump sheet (it was one its better aspects, I'd say).

Even though it's a parody, I don't get why he has A+ Endurance (even though GO is throwing high stats out like candy now...) or is in the Avenger Class. I mean, I guess the idea is that he's 'avenging' America from Mexicans and Chinese and the like? Probably better off having him as Ruler, since you gave him one of their Class Skills anyway.

Overall, good job on the Trump sheet. Though mine had a better faceclaim.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Rider
    Name: Henry Tudor VIII
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: England

Strength- D
    Endurance- C-
    Agility- D
    Mana- D
    Luck- A
    NP - B

Height/Weight: 172cm/70kg
    Dislikes: Fidelity
    Talent: Divorce, Hedonism
    Natural Enemy: Maturity

Class Skills:

• Magic Resistance (B) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. Although he possesses no resistance of his own, it is greatly bolstered as head of the Church of England.
    • Riding (A) - All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. This rank is high enough to have aptitude for the Rider Class.

Personal Skills:

• Divine Right of Kings (B) - The divine right of kings or divine right is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving the right to rule directly from the will of God. Those who listen to his voice feel a strong compulsion to obey. Additionally is combines Divinity and Charisma of the same rank. As Henry broke off from the Catholic church to form the Church of England, his own rank is rather high.
    • Hedonist (B) - A skill that measures one's ability to spend money wastefully. A decadent man, his extravagant spending habits brought England's economy to its knees. Unlike Golden Rule, money and wealth is actually lost due to this skill. However as a lover of all things beautiful, if he happens to see a Noble Phantasm or fellow Servant depicted in art, there is a chance that he might be able to figure out its true name.
    • Grace of God (C-) - The greatest body and good looks, a skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty". A youth he was repeatedly said to be most handsome by the court of Europe, though he became decidedly less handsome in later life.

Noble Phantasm

Mary Rose Great Grand Warship (Anti-Army) (B) - The Mary Rose was a carrack-type warship of the English Tudor navy of King Henry VIII. The Mary Rose was one of the largest ships in the English navy. Armed with heavy artillery, he can summon the ship partially to ram targets, protect himself with its walls or fire a barrage upon his foes from bronze and iron guns. He cannot summon the ship fully unless in a suitably large area of water. When the ship is fully materialised, it comes with a variety of handheld weaponry and crew for maintenance. He has strong connotations with the ship due to his christening of it and being the pinnacle of his navy and it exists as Henry's Noble Phantasm. Despite the fact he has no experience actually manning a ship itself.

Lore

The most infamous of the Tudors and one of the most reviled monarchs in British history. Henry VIII was the second monarch of the Tudor dynasty, succeeding his father, Henry VII.

As a young man, Henry had the appearance of a model monarch: strong, smart, wise. He was good at sport, music and dancing. He wanted to be a soldier and a famous king. Most of all, he wanted a son to be king after him no matter how many wives he took. However, Henry had many personality defects as we was very lustful, arrogant and extremely hedonistic - embodying the modern day 'Frat Boy'. As he aged, Henry only became more irritable and rebellious; Breaking off from the Catholic faith, alienating other noble families in his pursuit for a wife that would bear a son and aggravating neighbouring nations. These actions and his larger than life personality and deeds made him the most infamous king of his era.

Although more famous for his actions later in life, he has been summoned as a younger man in his prime as otherwise his body would be too weak to fight. This makes no difference to his personality as he maintained the same immature self throughout his entire life.

Henry's wish is simple. He desires an ever-growing harem of beautiful maidens to sire offspring from.

-----------------------

A very un-serious servant that was done for a laugh. I got the idea of someone trying to summon servants from the 4th/5th grail war and getting knock offs (Like Cu Chulainn to either Aife, Ferdiad or Connla) and ending up with this dirtbag instead of Arturia. Henry VIII, despite being an awful king, is arguably our most famous king, he wouldn't last any longer than three days.

I saw that no one had done him before and figured if anyone was gonna do it, may as well be me.

Blog Entries
    Omigod that Lelouch FC. As a major fan of Code Geass you have my whole-hearted approval, good sir (even if Henry's personality is about as far off from Lulu's as possible).

CG fanboyism aside, the sheet itself is pretty solid. I don't know why you'd say he 'wouldn't stand a chance in a Grail War'. His NP is actually fairly powerful and he may be weak stat-wise, but he's not much worse off then say, True Assassin. I don't know if being the head of the Church of England would really give him such high Magic Resistance (and you should probably mention it not having an effect on Church Sacraments) but that's just a nitpick.

Out of curiosity, why could he be summoned in place of Arturia? What catalysts associated with Arturia might end up picking out him instead?

Blog Entries
    CASTER George Auguste Escoffier
    Roi des Cuisiniers
    King of Chefs
    Cuisinier Des Rois
    Chef of Kings
    ; Emperor of Chefs
    Also qualifies for: Saber, Grand Chef.
    STR E
    AGI D
    EN E
    MA E
    LU E
    NP EX

Faceclaim

Class skills:
    Territory Creation A+
    The skill of building a territory advantageous to oneself.
    At this rank, creation of a "Hotel" superior to a "Kitchen" and a "Workshop" becomes possible.

Item Construction C
    The talent of manufacturing Mystic Codes.
    Insanely specialized in his particular field and not knowing anything at all about magecraft, Caster can only produce the Mystic Codes known as "meals".

Personal skills:
    Cooking EX
    Proclaimed the "emperor of chefs", there are none on earth, alive or dead, divine or mortal, that can surpass the cooking of Caster.
    At this point, it is more than just cooking - by taking into account the nutritional needs of those who eat it, the other meals they would have eaten that day and even something as complex as their current mindset, the experience of eating becomes something transcending common sense, no matter the ingredients.
    The Servant is capable of soothing the rugged heart of the most maddened beast and smoothing over any and all conflict by means of cooking.
    The smells produced transcend the nose, and to describe the taste and texture is literally impossible - no words are satisfactory to explain.
    Instantly addictive due to sheer quality, this truly is a fearsome weapon, capable of defeating even Servants of the highest caliber with ease.

High-Speed Preparation A+
    Inventor of the so-called "brigade" way of organizing a kitchen, based on his experiences of cooking for the military.
    Instead of the jack-of-all-trades approach, he divided certain responsibilities among all chefs: some would be the garde-mangers, standing in for cold food, some the sauciers, yet others poissoniers, working with the fish. There was even a separate chef working for the dessert - the patissier.
    By doing so, he ensured quality even at the high speeds required of the staff.
    Due to the division of labor, banquets - the equivalent of High Thaumaturgy - can be done at one quarter the time, and all other cooking takes him half as long as any top-of-the-line chef. Caster works even faster if the dish is of European origin.

Charisma C
    The natural yet rare talent of commanding an army. The rank of B is enough to command a country.
    But at the rank of C, it means Caster rules with iron fist and wooden spoon over a kitchen. Boosts the ability of his subordinates.
    The way Escoffier organized his kitchen is still studied today, and has been the foundation on which not only French chefs but those from all of the world based themselves.

Noble Phantasm:
    Haute Cuisine ~ Un Changement Progressif S'Imposera Inévitablement Dans Le Régime Alimentaire Humain ~ Anti-Unit EX
    A Noble Phantasm exemplifying the revolutionary effect Caster had on global culinary culture, putting a definite end to the Age of Pots and starting the Age of Pan.*
    Whereas previous chefs like Marie-Antoine Caréme considered there to be only four "grandes sauces", those being Espagnole, Velouté, Allemande, and Béchamel, and admitted defeat there, Caster went further than any man previously had, thereby establishing a Foundation for French cuisine and fine dining the world over.
    He proposed there to be not three, not four, but five grandes sauces, dropping Allemande as a variation of Velouté and instead arguing the five main categories were Béchamel, Espagnole, Velouté (all already considered such), Hollandaise and Sauce Tomate.
    All sauces are derived from these five; therefore, all others are called "daughter" or secondary sources.
    Wielding all five with exemplary skill (though not in conjunction, obviously) as his Foundation, Caster uses his cooking as a medium through which to cast magecraft rivalling if not surpassing that of the Age of Gods and reaching into the realm of Magic.

Notes:
    *not actually true, but I couldn't resist the opportunity for the pun.
    I mean, if we're posting joke Servants anyway...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The idea was stealing the crown jewels of england and using it with a (unknowningly fake) shard of the round table due to the fake shard doing nothing the servant most suited to the master would be Henry VIII. As for how he'd last in a war - he'd either run dick first hog deep into enemy territory ready to conquer and be incredibly unprepared and die, or decide combat was below him, stay in his base and be unprepared for any attack. He's very lazy and would rather be chasing skirts.

As for Grand Chef, I'm actually hungry now so thanks. Pretty sure it's actually class on the Moon Cell.