Page 717 of 782 FirstFirst ... 217617667707712715716717718719722727767 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Isn't the condition for the Saver class that it will only respond to an individual who has vast anguish that cannot be ignored or something?
    That was the condition for Twice's being partnered with Buddha, and is not necessarily true for all other Savers.
    Killing people en masse and establishing a new golden age.
    All Savers have to be is a messianic figure that grants salvation. Now, ushering in a new golden age of humanity sound like salvation to me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, sorry. I was worried nobody would notice, and I saw somebody else make new posts with... I think it was Dietrich von Bern or something. Will keep in mind though.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the condition for the Saver class that it will only respond to an individual who has vast anguish that cannot be ignored or something? Given that the only Saver we've seen in the franchise so far is Gautama Buddha, I don't think that really fits Kalki, who's legend is basically... Killing people en masse and establishing a new golden age. He doesn't really fit the "Heroic Spirit of Salvation" or whatever Twice called it.
    Kalki, Jesus, Mahdi and the like are all end times saviours, in that when things go to shit, they come in, kick ass, and lead everyone to enlightenment/heaven/general awesome place to be. They should be considered for Saver Class

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Royd, we've certainly envisioned Paris differently, you had him as a noble romantic (albeit an impulsive one) thought i've only ever pictured him as a weak, entitled and frail coward who got his brother killed. Nice touch with the Beauty and Trouble with Women skill and the Noble Phantasms are very fitting. After Zeus, I may do Helen of Troy or Agamemnon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyways, here he is.

Servant: Shielder (Lancer)
    True Name: Zeus
    Alignment: Lawful Good (More accurately, Chaotic Neutral)
    Place of Origin: Greece

Strength- B+
    Endurance- A
    Agility- A
    Mana- A
    Luck- A+
    NP- A++

Height/Weight:196cm/92kg
    Dislikes: People saying "No"
    Talent: "Why, Everything of course!"
    Natural Enemy: Hera

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (A) - Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".
    • Riding (A+) - Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:
    • Charisma (A+) - The natural talent to command. At this point it is no longer popularity, but rather a kind of spell (curse) in itself.
    • Godly Divine Core (EX) - A skill that express being a perfect god from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference and prevents the body from changes and growth. Although he has several personality defects, as king of the Gods, his word is law and is "perfect" due to his own insistence.
    • Prana Burst (Lightning) (A+) - An increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of prana. In Zeus's case, his skin blackens as his body takes on the appearance of being electrified. At this high rank, Zeus can create powerful bolts of lightning in his hands and use them as weapons.
    • Shapeshifting (C) - A skill that allows one to change form. He can turn into any animal and alter his humanoid appearance.

Noble Phantasm

Aegis The Shield of the Gods (Barrier) (A++) - Forged by the god Hephaestus, Aegis is an extremely powerful spiritual armour and shield. Originally a breastplate made of goat hide, it had been woven and coated in magic said to "Produce a sound as from a myriad roaring dragons" according to the Iliad. Appearing golden and covered in scales, it boosts the users Magic Resistance to EX and is an "awful sight to behold", with the target requiring a skill similar to 'Bravery' at a similar rank to stand against it.
    The Shield in addition bares the image of the dreadful Gorgon, meaning anyone who looks directly at it will be petrified.
    Aegis holds the concepts of being both "Ageless" and "Immortal" granting it indestructibility and inability to decay.
    Although it has a myriad of strengths, Zeus is reluctant to use it as he deems it a final resort as someone as "perfect as he" should not need to rely upon it and the mana cost is tremendous, any master he has would not survive long with it in use for extended periods of time. In addition, the armour does not hold perfect protection as the un-armoured parts of Zeus receive no protection.

Lore

Zeus’ father, the Titan Cronus, immediately swallowed his children after birth so that none could overthrow him as he had his own father. When Zeus was born, Rhea, Zeus’ mother, hid the child from Cronus and gave the Titan a rock in swaddling clothes, which he swallowed instead. In secret, Zeus grew up on the isle of Crete until he was old and strong enough to challenge his father. During their battle, Zeus slit open Cronus’ stomach, allowing his swallowed brothers and sisters to escape, slaying the Titan.

With his two brothers, Poseidon and Hades, the three Gods drew lots to decide command of creation. Poseidon became king of the sea, Hades the underworld, and Zeus the sky. Atop Olympus, Zeus now rules Gods and Men and while he holds high expectations for others, he does not keep those standards for himself.

Many myths render Hera as jealous of his amorous conquests and a consistent enemy of Zeus's mistresses and their children by him. For a time, a nymph named Echo had the job of distracting Hera from his affairs by talking incessantly, and when Hera discovered the deception, she cursed Echo to repeat the words of others.

Zeus is the most powerful figure in Greek mythology and he knows it. Although he possesses great power, he also has great luck, able to do whatever he wanted with no repercussion - he has never been punished for any of his crimes against other gods and humanity (especially women) and this attitude continues.

A 'Most successful Shinji Matou', this lousy and self entitled dirt bag is impossible to control and as expected his wish is to bring about a new Age of Gods for him to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

----------------

This guy has been half completed for a while now. Glad he's finally done.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 9th, 2016 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Buffing

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    That was the condition for Twice's being partnered with Buddha, and is not necessarily true for all other Savers.

All Savers have to be is a messianic figure that grants salvation. Now, ushering in a new golden age of humanity sound like salvation to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Kalki, Jesus, Mahdi and the like are all end times saviours, in that when things go to shit, they come in, kick ass, and lead everyone to enlightenment/heaven/general awesome place to be. They should be considered for Saver Class
    Source? I've been browsing the Questions thread, Seika's doc doesn't have any info about it... All this time, I've been under the impression that Saver was an aberrant class that only responds to individuals. I'm probably not going to touch on it personally due to it only showing up in the Moon Cell Grail War...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Royd, we've certainly envisioned Paris differently, you had him as a noble romantic (albeit an impulsive one) thought i've only ever pictured him as a weak, entitled and frail coward who got his brother killed. Nice touch with the Beauty and Trouble with Women skill and the Noble Phantasms are very fitting. After Zeus, I may do Helen of Troy or Agamemnon.
    Yeah, I tried to give a more sympathetic take on his character then the standard. I do think there's room in the Illiad to interpret him that way though, and the Greeks were likely biased against the sort of character more for not being 'masculine' or 'badass' enough.

Curious as to how you'd do Agamemnon, since wasn't he an old man who led armies but never actually fought? Helen you could stretch it a little and give her something based off the Trojan War/Apple of Discord but Agamemnon... I have no idea what kind of NPs to give him. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the Illiad...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, here he is.

Servant:
    Shielder (Lancer)
    True Name: Zeus
    Nice job on Zeus. As the head god in Greek Myth, he'd certainly have to be nerfed considerably from his full godly power in order to have even a remote chance of summoning. I would say he's powerful enough, though I'm surprised at the lack of a 'thunderbolt' NP of some sort (though I guess you lumped it under his variant of Prana Burst). Sounds like the epitome of the 'arrogant final boss' character (more so then Gilgamesh I'd say, who did receive consequences for his actions later in his myth). Wonder how he'd do against my Odin, whose the head god of another major culture's mythology and has power to match.

Also, a bit curious as to what he looks like under all that armor (especially since you say he doesn't wear it normally). Is he a bishie?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Curious as to how you'd do Agamemnon, since wasn't he an old man who led armies but never actually fought? Helen you could stretch it a little and give her something based off the Trojan War/Apple of Discord but Agamemnon... I have no idea what kind of NPs to give him. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the Illiad...
    A) It's not like that'd actually disqualify him from anything;

B):
    As when annihilating fire falls on a thick forest scrub, and the wind carries it billowing all over, and the bushes are brought down headlong in the flames’ overwhelming onslaught, so the fleeing Trojans went down under Agamemnon, son of Atreus, and many strong-necked horses rattled empty chariots along the avenues of battle, missing the noble charioteers they knew: but they lay dead on the ground, a sight now to gladden vultures, not their wives.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice job on Zeus. As the head god in Greek Myth, he'd certainly have to be nerfed considerably from his full godly power in order to have even a remote chance of summoning. I would say he's powerful enough, though I'm surprised at the lack of a 'thunderbolt' NP of some sort (though I guess you lumped it under his variant of Prana Burst). Sounds like the epitome of the 'arrogant final boss' character (more so then Gilgamesh I'd say, who did receive consequences for his actions later in his myth). Wonder how he'd do against my Odin, whose the head god of another major culture's mythology and has power to match.

Also, a bit curious as to what he looks like under all that armor (especially since you say he doesn't wear it normally). Is he a bishie?
    Zeus Vs Odin, Interesting.

The Z-Dog has more physical power but Odin is hardier and faster. However Zeus has Aegis which counters Gungnir (Gae Bolg Vs Rho Aias V2). The army of Warriors he could be able to handle with Aegis and lightning bolts from his Prana Burst variant. Odin's Yggdrasil eye may cause some problems for him but so would the petrification effect of Zeus' shield. Odin is ultimately more versatile but Zeus' Aegis should be able to take whatever he can dish out but it's to close for me to call.

As for his looks, Greek Gods don't have a physical form per-se, just a certain appearance they favour as the mortal mind could not comprehend their true form and their brains would go all explode-y. Considering his personality - he'd take the appearance of a famous actor or something. Hell, he would probably pretend he's Chris Evans for a while just to try and pick up women. As for the war? Dunno, probably wouldn't think they're "worthy to gaze upon his visage" or some pretentious nonsence like that.

(oh my, He really is a half way point between Gilgamesh and Shinji Matou...)

Blog Entries
    Servant Monster:

True Name: Fenris

Alignment: Chaotic Evil/Chaotic Neutral in disposition

Strength- A+ (EX)
    Agility- B+ (EX)
    Endurance- A+ (EX)
    Mana- C (EX)
    Luck- E-
    NP- B

Appearance:

Personality: Monster's true nature is Fenris- the wolf of Norse Mythology born to bring about the end of the world. But due to the influence of a certain Noble Phantasm, she takes a human form and has a human-like disposition. Monster has a cheery, fun-loving and happy-go-lucky attitude towards most things, acting in many ways like an obedient, loyal puppy. She loves humans and loves the world. In her heart, Monster is terrified of the destructive potential she carries. Her greatest fear is that she someday lives up to her legend and brings about Ragnarok. That she'll someday break the whole world and everything she loves. But nontheless, it's not like she'll just let that fact get her down! Que sera sera, and all that.

...Right?

Likes: her brethren, the world, red meat, pats on the head
    Dislikes: destruction, people who judge by appearance
    Talent: bringing about Ragnarok
    Natural Enemy: Fate, the gods

Class Skills:

Monstrous Strength (B~EX)- An innate ability possessed by monsters and beasts. Allows to temporarily boost the Strength stat by one rank for a time determined by the Skill's own ranking. At this rank, the Rank-Up lasts for the duration of an entire battle. Normally she would have it ranked EX, but its been lowered to B due to the sealing effect of her Noble Phantasm- Gleipnir.

Dread Visage (A++)- Ability to inspire fear in others through one's form. At this rank, all but the bravest of warriors are likely to run screaming from Monster upon witnessing her in battle. Incidentally, she rather dislikes this Skill, saying it's rude of people to judge by appearances alone.
    'Seriously! Why are you all running away? I just wanna be friends...'

Personal Skills:

God Slayer (A+)- A Skill marking one as the slayer of divine beings. Monster is fated to slay the head god Odin come Ragnarok. Against foes with Divinity of rank C or higher, all of Monster's physical stats gain an extra + modifier.

Cry Of The Wolf (A++)- Monster is able to emit a powerful sonic blast from her mouth in the form of a 'bark'. At this rank, said 'bark' can shatter glass at a range of several miles, pulverize wood at close distance and send humans flying.

Noble Phantasms
    :

Gleipnir- Paradox Chain To Bind The Beast (B, Anti-Self, Anti-Monster): A special dwarven-forged chain, the only object in existence to successfully restrain Fenris Wolf. It is a unique conceptual tool made of five 'paradox ingredients' which are not recognized by the World; a cat's footfall, a woman's beard, a mountain's roots, a bear's sinews, a fish's breath and a bird's spittle.

These slender silvery chains are wrapped around Monster's body, encircling her arms, throat and legs. Trailing behind her wherever she goes, they are not terribly effective for hampering her movements. But their true power is in 'sealing the power of the beast', preventing her from tapping into her true monstrous potential. They suppress her existence as a Monstrous Spirit, essentially bringing her down partially into the realm of humanity, which is the reason why she can be summoned as a Heroic Spirit in the first place.

Her EX ranked Monstrous Strength is reduced to B while the chains are on, while her Noble Phantasm- Ragnarokr Fenriswolf is sealed. These chains can also be used offensively, lashing them at her enemies as flails or whips. Based on their legend, they hold special effectiveness against targets recognized as monsters or beasts.

This chain is extremely durable, capable of weathering Monster's rages. Only a Noble Phantasm of A++ or higher stands even a chance of breaking it. Of course, if it is ever broken, that only unleashes Monster's truest and most terrifying power...

Ragnarokr Fenriswolf- Wrath Of The Wolf, Bringer Of World's End (EX, Anti-World): Monster's ultimate Noble Phantasm, representing her role in Norse Cosmology. Her finally breaking free of her bindings was said to begin Ragnarok- the fated end of days and destruction of the gods. It is sealed normally, due to the effects of the Gleipnir chain binding her, and is not visible on her stat sheet.

But if those chains should ever break, it will be immediately activated. She abandons her human form entirely and embraces her role as a full Monstrous Spirit, born to bring about the destruction of everything, even herself. The sky will darken, the earth will undergo violent tremors, mountains and trees in the vicinity will be uprooted, all from the sheer force of Monster's presence. All the while she gradually grows in size, becoming more and more monstrous.

Her physical abilities and magical energy are utterly beyond classification in this state, since she is no longer a Heroic Spirit at all but a pure force of destruction. At her greatest potential, she could become a gigantic wolf the size of the World, her upper jaw touching the sky and her lower jaw, the earth. Monster is a threat to the World itself, comparable to the hound of a certain True Ancestor which is born to kill and devour humans.
    If left unchecked, her very presence will begin to awaken long dormant Phantasmal Beasts such as
    World Serpent
    Jormungandr
    and
    Black Dragon
    Nidhoggr
    as well as causing world-wide natural disasters. Rebinding her in this state is theoretically a possibility, though doing so would necessitate a binding tool of similiar conceptual power as Gleipnir, which no longer exists in the Age Of Man. Since Monster herself is friendly and does not desire that the world should end, she will go out of her way to avoid activating this Noble Phantasm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Servant truly worthy of 'Beast's Lair'.

All puns aside, I got inspiration to another Norse sheet since I've started reading Magnus Chase And The Gods Of Asgard by Rick Riordan. I had the vague idea of a Fenris sheet from long before then, but that's what got to me actually sit down and do it. Also marks the second usage of my made-up 'Monster' Class, the first of which was Antaeus. As always, be sure to drop by with comments and criticisms!

Also I had to post her FC using the forum's own image-hosting service since I've put up some many images through Imgur that it doesn't think I'm a human being anymore. I tried to type up displayed numbers like it asks you to, but no matter what I do it just keeps giving me more challenges instead of letting the image go through. If anybody could offer any help with that I'd be grateful.

To be fair, I am secretly a space alien...

Blog Entries
    Zeus: from the art and his Noble Phantasm, he looked like a tank character at first (which I thought was odd for Zeus) but then I saw the A rank agility... Never mind. He's an absolute monster in terms of stats and skills, but I didn't expect him to have only a defensive Noble Phantasm (though Prana Burst Lightning probably makes up for that). Personality wise, he acts just like I would expect the King of the Gods to. Though I feel that his "lol I do what I want" side is being emphasised too much. Unless I severely misinterpreted Zeus's character from my mythology classes in school.

If Kalki was summoned into the same Grail War as this Zeus, he probably would have an existential crisis. They have the same ultimate goal; just different plans for it and much different objectives. Also, Kalki lives for the sake of the Devas, but this "Deva" (Olympian, but he probably can't differentiate) is a total tool.

Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Erlking's Avatar
    Well since we seem to be posting gods, and we already have Fenris up there I might as well put up some of my Norse sheets.

Status

Class: Saber
    Alias/Titles: The Swarthy One, King of the Rjúfendr
    True Name: Surtr
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Dislikes: Fate, The Cold
    Talent: Deicide
    Natural Enemy:
    The Aesir

Parameters
    Strength: A (A+)
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Mana: A
    Luck: E-

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (A)
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

Riding (C-)
    You might know what a car is, but you're definitly not great at using one. Most vehicles and animals can be controlled with above average capabilities, but honestly you're probably better off walking. Seriously, your passengers will appreciate it, you're a menace on and off road.

Personal Skills
    Through The Fire And Flames (A+)
    A Skill that allows the manipulation, accumulation, and absorption of magical energy and heat. Thaumaturgical attacks involving no material existence -- wind manipulation, energy bullets, beam attacks -- are converted to fire and rendered without effect or discharged into the environment as heat. Absorbed heat and fire may be used to implement rapid self-repair and physical attribute reinforcement.
    At this rank he can manipulate fire and heat to a near unparalleled extent, releasing powerful bursts of flame or waves of heat and even manipulating magma and molten materials should he so wish, even reinforcing himself and his weapons like with an emulation of Prana Burst(Flames).

Monstrous Strength (A+)
    An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill.
    The more he uses the skill the more he grows to his true giant form, becoming a massive man that more closely resembles a humanoid volcanic explosion then the form he's summoned in, dripping magma and spewing ash.
    At this rank not only does Strength increase but the power of his flames do as well, growing in potency with his increased size and furiosity. As a side effect of this power, he's perpetually engulfed in fire that, while subdueable, requires extra concentration to minimize.

God Slayer (A)
    As one might expect, this is an ability given to those who were particularly apt at committing deicide.
    Surtr, who was fated to kill many of the Aesir at the final battle, possesses a high rank in this skill despite his own disinterest in using it. This skill passively boosts his damage and attack against those possessing divine blood and causes his attacks to bypass divine defenses while weakening those who's power draws from the gods. The effect is proportional to the level of divinity possessed, strengthening the higher it becomes.

Noble Phantasms
    Laevteinn
    The Damage Twig
    A+
    Anti-Unit, Anti-World
    A finely forged blade, swallowed by perpetual fire that shines a bright red and gold. It is with this very blade that Surtr slaughtered his way through the gods at Ragnarok, burning away anything in his path and leaving the world nothing but ash. It takes the form of a beautiful single handed viking sword, heavy and meant for cleaving through shields and sundering defenses. The blade is covered in flames, shining bright and charring anything that it touches a deep black. This blade, which grows to suit the size of it's wielder even in his true and giant form, provides an endless font of fire and heat for Surtr to draw from and enhances his natural thermal manipulation even without revealing it's true name.

Upon calling it's name and releasing it's full power it's flames grow in fury and power until rather then mere flames they seem more like simple waves of light, brighter then the Sun and nearly as devastating. Its heat near instantly depletes all the water and moisture in the area, withering away the living and destroying the environment in time. The swords flames become so concentrated that it no longer even cuts, instead simply vaporizing that which the blade touches to nothingness. Little can stand up to the heat of the Sun and even Surtr himself must fear what would happen were his sword's power to run out of control.

Lore
    Lore

History: Surtr the Burnished fire giant that protects Muspelheim and acts as the driving force for flames and volcanos. It was fated that he would arrive to lead his armies against the Aesir and engulf the world in fire during Ragnarok's final battle at Vígríðr, burning everything to ash so it may be replaced by a new world risen from the sea. It's a fate he has no interest in, but sadly it's a fate he had few means to fight. And so when the time came as the Age of Gods ended, he and the sons of Muspell crushed the Aesir, Surtr personally slaying Freyr who slashed his eyes with a hart's antler due to having no other weapon with which to fight him. In the end the world died in a fire, giving way for a new one to be born from the ashes.

Personality: Calm, patient, and even relatively polite, with the kind of subdued self-confidence born of knowing that he always has the option of setting that which he does not like on fire. Upon learning of his Fated battles he chose to do everything possible to postpone Ragnarok, cutting off nearly all interactions with the Aesir in hopes of putting it off. While he does not quite regret what happens at the end, blaming Fate more then himself, he does wish things hadn't turned out as they did.

Blog Entries
    >Zeus
    >Aegis and no mention of Athena
    : [
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Erlking's Avatar
    I have rather conflicting feelings about Zeus. On one hand it's a well made sheet, but on the other hand I generally find myself rather sympathetic to Zeus and think it's a bit of a shame that he gets such a bad rap in modern times. He definitely wasn't Shinji tier awful.

Besides that, I'm curios why Zeus has such a low riding rank. After all he did have a pretty impressive chariot pulled by the four winds in the form of horses. That should probably earn him A rank riding at least even putting aside all the potential jokes you could make from a high Riding rank.

Blog Entries
    You're right, Zeus is nowhere near Shinji-tier awful.
    Zeus is worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Fenris: Fen... ris?

Given that this is my first time seeing your Monster sheets (I haven't read Antaeus yet), do they have any defining traits in terms of how they would be applied (IE: Archer scouts and snipes. Assassin targets the Master. Caster sets up a lair)? Or is it the wildcard class?

Her dominant personality is due to Gleipnir's influence, yes? (Given how she goes full Berserker the moment the chains are broken). Does her past really deviate from the real life myth, or is it the same and she was really violent in the past?

As for the chains themselves, are they only effective as whips? Or are they especially good at catching and holding Servants with Monster traits a la Enkidu?

Given how powerful she is in her Monster state, would she draw the attention of the Counter Force? This is more speculation, but perhaps a Guardian might be sent even before Ragnarok goes active and try to assassinate her or the Master...

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Fenris: Fen... ris?

Given that this is my first time seeing your Monster sheets (I haven't read Antaeus yet), do they have any defining traits in terms of how they would be applied (IE: Archer scouts and snipes. Assassin targets the Master. Caster sets up a lair)? Or is it the wildcard class?

Her dominant personality is due to Gleipnir's influence, yes? (Given how she goes full Berserker the moment the chains are broken). Does her past really deviate from the real life myth, or is it the same and she was really violent in the past?

As for the chains themselves, are they only effective as whips? Or are they especially good at catching and holding Servants with Monster traits a la Enkidu?

Given how powerful she is in her Monster state, would she draw the attention of the Counter Force? This is more speculation, but perhaps a Guardian might be sent even before Ragnarok goes active and try to assassinate her or the Master...
    They are both the same thing, though Fenris has only started to become popular recently after the Magnus Chase stories were released... Fenrir is still more popular...

Also, screwed up keyboard. ALL ON HOLD!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I do think there's room in the Illiad to interpret [Paris] that way though, [...]
    Curious as to how you'd do Agamemnon, since wasn't he an old man who led armies but never actually fought? [...]
    Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the Illiad...
    Yes, I'd say you aren't.

As for his looks, Greek Gods don't have a physical form per-se, just a certain appearance they favour as the mortal mind could not comprehend their true form and their brains would go all explode-y.
    That's a bit of a simplification. They do have true physical forms, even if mortals can't behold those.

Considering his personality - he'd take the appearance of a famous actor or something. Hell, he would probably pretend he's Chris Evans for a while just to try and pick up women.
    More probably, he would just seduce them wearing one of his own forms, as he so often did.

Blog Entries
    I'd envision the Class as essentially 'Berserker without madness'. Like Heracles, Asterios and others its a Class that relies mainly on brute strength and overwhelming aggression (exemplified in the Class Skills Monstrous Strength and Dread Visage), rather then clever tactics or fancy NPs. Not to say there can't be exceptions in those departments, like with any Class. In Doylist terms, its for all the monster/beast characters from myth that don't have any weapons suitable for a specific Class but never went 'mad' per-se either.

Both. Gleipnir suppresses the more animalistic and violent aspects of her, but her legend as I've imagined it also diverges from the mythical canon (I didn't write it out because I suck at writing histories of any kind). One interesting thing about the Fenris legend is that she was actually imprisoned by the gods before ever doing anything wrong, on the basis of a prophecy. In the world of the Norse where fate was considered binding and absolute that might be reasonable, but in modern terms it's like being imprisoned for a crime you haven't even committed yet.

As I envision it, Fenris started her life as an innocent wolf-girl without a care in the world. Then Odin and his godly ilk saw her as a threat and called up her to Asgard to figure out how to deal with her. When they tried various ways of binding her, she cheerfully went along with it, thinking of it just as a fun game.

Sounds like the start of a porno...

Then when they managed to trap her in Gleipnir she started to freak out, realizing that she really couldn't get out no matter how much or how hard she struggled. It's at this point that the gods reveal that it was no game- she's prophesized to be a threat to the Nine Realms and so they're sealing her away. She panics, cries and lashes out, biting off the hand of the god Tyr in her frantic struggles. But to no avail, the gods attached the chain to a humungous stone slab, fastened it deep into the ground and hammered it in with a big rock.

For reasons she can't know or comprehend, poor Fenris-chan is sentenced to thousands of years trapped in the deepest bowels of the earth. The god's prophecy ultimately turns out to be somewhat self-fulfilling (as all good prophecies are). Over time she begins to hate the world and the gods more and more for what they've done to her. Chained to a slab underground for several millennia, you don't have many healthy ways of letting out anger, after all. As she's filled with hatred, she surrenders to her bestial nature and lets herself become the monstrous wolf which will rampage through the Nine Realms come Ragnarok.

Though this aspect of her personality is mostly suppressed by Gleipnir. Her anger is still there, but as a split personality of sorts which she doesn't let show even to herself. For the most part, she acts as she did prior to her sentencing by the gods, though like most Heroic Spirits, she still remembers the events of her later, more tragic life.

Yeah, they could be used both ways. I obviously had Enkidu in mind when I came up with the 'monster binding chain' NP, though I did my best to make it different.

I'd thought of that too. Hard to say for sure though, since CGs have a rather spotty (or at least, very subtle) track record for intervention. One thing that occurred to me though was that since Ragnarok is 'fated' and Fenris is essentially the avatar of Ragnarok when that NP is active, CGs might not be alerted at all. Counter Guardians are defenders of the world, their job isn't to go against fate but to keep the world system running smoothly as is (at least, as I understand it). A destined end that's imposed by the World rather then an external threat is something they of anyone would be powerless to prevent (whereas regular Heroic Spirits might stand a chance if they have history of giving Fate the middle finger).

This is all highly speculative, and I'm not sure even if what I said about Counter Guardians is true at all (my info on them consists of the UBW anime and whatever I've managed to scrounge up from here and the apparently super inaccurate wiki). Just thought I might as well put it out, since you raised the question.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hm. I was thinking about a Monster class a few days ago. Class skill would be something that increased STR, END and AGI but decreased LCK when facing a "heroic" Servant, because monsters are supposed to challenge heroes, but ultimately be defeated by them. Of course, monsters that aren't defeated in their legends (Kiyohime, Melusine, etc.) would have it at low rank, while Medusa or Asterios would have it at A or higher.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; May 8th, 2016 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Your first three points make sense. Thank you.

I'd thought of that too. Hard to say for sure though, since CGs have a rather spotty (or at least, very subtle) track record for intervention. One thing that occurred to me though was that since Ragnarok is 'fated' and Fenris is essentially the avatar of Ragnarok when that NP is active, CGs might not be alerted at all. Counter Guardians are defenders of the world, their job isn't to go against fate but to keep the world system running smoothly as is (at least, as I understand it). A destined end that's imposed by the World rather then an external threat is something they of anyone would be powerless to prevent (whereas regular Heroic Spirits might stand a chance if they have history of giving Fate the middle finger).

This is all highly speculative, and I'm not sure even if what I said about Counter Guardians is true at all (my info on them consists of the UBW anime and whatever I've managed to scrounge up from here and the apparently super inaccurate wiki). Just thought I might as well put it out, since you raised the question.
    Re: Counter Guardians: I got the impression that Counter Guardians (those working for Alaya/the human Counter Force) were more for the sake of protecting the human species as a whole. Granted, the only two times we've directly seen a Counter Guardian in the story acting as a Counter Guardian are Mahou Tsukai no Yoru (the Red Shadow that appeared before the Fifth Magic) and Fate/Grand Order (the Counter Guardian that kept trying to kill Irisviel during Fate/Accel Zero Order), there could be some room for interpretation, but it seems that CGs work more for making sure that events that could threaten the human species (the wrong person gaining True Magic and the successful activation of an AM corrupted Grail by an Einzbern respectively). I'm not sure though.
    Last edited by Constructman; May 8th, 2016 at 10:34 PM.