Page 17 of 782 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The Throne of Heroes (in a more realistic way, France)
    You can make an NP from the "slaying Onda no Hachiro Moroshige" part of the story.
    Yeah, it was my favourite idea. The latest part of yours (the contract which dissolves) is really good. But, in that case, I need a minor Noble Phantasm for normal fights. This one is better for "the last fight of the war".

Tomoe didn't live in an age with so strong magic, and in her legend there's nothing that suggests she had to face any kind of magic at all. IMO, in her case it would be quite implausible to have such high MR (if not having MR at all, but I'm crossing the line of a reviewer now). maybe she can get some MR from her low Divinity, but not at C-rank.
    Hmmm...Right. I will do that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Lol. Poor servant... saddest NP ever.

It would be a nice "nod" to Kojiro.
    The story goes, her Lord dismissed her, and she ran. As she was escaping, she encountered this super strong guy called Onda no Hachiro Moroshige, and she twisted his head off. Afterward, she quit being a samurai.

JP Friend Code
    Can someone can do a Caster! Moses?
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    It's best to stick with historical facts.

You can make an NP from the "slaying Onda no Hachiro Moroshige" part of the story.

Onda no Hachiro Moroshige

Rank A
    A technique named after the grip that decapitated Onda no Hachiro Moroshige. Damage inflicted is based on Tomoe's STR, and if Tomoe's STR exceeds that of her targets, the target is immediately slain.

After the use of this technique, the contract between Tomoe and her Master immediately dissolves, and Tomoe loses all of her weapons and armour for the remainder of the Holy Grail War.

(This was done on a horse, so it works with your Rider class.)
    I like the idea but it's definitely a sad NP if the STR check is vs C =(

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
    I like the idea but it's definitely a sad NP if the STR check is vs C =(
    Make her STR rank A then, she's supposed to be beating people up left and right.

Rank A is a bit high for a woman (Saber is an exception, his magic power is far higher). I can give her Rank B and decide that if the strength test for the noble phantasm fails, nothing happens.
    Have you any ideas for a minor NP to use in minor fights?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    The story goes, her Lord dismissed her, and she ran. As she was escaping, she encountered this super strong guy called Onda no Hachiro Moroshige, and she twisted his head off. Afterward, she quit being a samurai.
    No, I meant, the NP is sad, not the story. There aren't many big names servants with STR below C, and even if she finds one, she will inevitably die after using it.

Sad.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You can change the check to LCK, to make it less sad.

I'd modify that NP slightly to keep her STR at C.

First make it so that if the check fails, nothing happens.

Second, make it not break the contract upon use or even successful use. This leads to...

If the contract is deliberately broken before NP activation, THEN the STR check is against A (or even A+) even though her real STR is still C.

Finally, add Independent Action: E- as a special cross-class skill so that she doesn't immediately go BLARGH when the contract is broken. E- is sufficient for 3 minutes so she'd have enough time to use the NP

Extra, she must succeed in a touch attack in order to activate this NP.

Ok, thanks guys. I would probably post later the other servanst, for the fun: they're entirely done. Moreover, I did also my personal one, a Saber/Hijikata Toshizô (not appearing in this game). I can show that to you.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    Can someone can do a Caster! Moses?
    Already did it a while back.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Link it can he burn parts of his shroud to TKO evil mooks by the Thousand like In Constantine?

Also can someone make a Saber Ike with his dragon killing self and wave motion sword and God killing self.
    Last edited by Larekko12; September 1st, 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Well, then here is one of those "classic" heroes (and boy, did that take time!)

Achilles, Grief of the People

Class: Lancer
    Alignement: Neutral Good

Attributes:
    Strength A
    Endurance B
    Agility A
    Mana C
    Luck A
    Noble Phantasm B-EX
    Skills:
    Magic Resistance B
    Bravery A
    Charisma A
    Divinity C
    Instinct A

Legend (I kept it short):

Said to be the greatest hero in the siege of Troy (Ilion), son of Peleus and the nymph Thetis
    and leader of the Myrmidons, his participation greatly influenced the outcome of each battle
    and countless heroes were slain by his hands, most prominently Hector.
    His wrath and abstinence from battle is one of the central themes of the Iliad.
    An arrow guided by Apollo himself, which struck his heel, finally put an end to his heroic struggle .
    His deeds are covered in great detail by Homer’s Iliad.

Noble Phantasms:

Aristeia - Display of Excellence
    Rank EX
    Type Conceptual Noble Phantasm
    Range ??
    Maximum Targets ??

Achilles once routed the Trojan forces almost singlehandedly and slew Hector after
    chasing him around Troy three times. This epic deed is crystallized in this Noble Phantasm:

After activating this Noble Phantasm, all parameters of Achilles - including his other Noble
    Phantasms - gain a ‘+’-modifier for one continuous battle.

In addition, enemies without the skill ‘Bravery’ are seized by a supernatural fear:
    Mental abilities and skills are effectively lowered by one rank, attack and defense rolls
    made against Achilles incur a penalty for as long as one faces him.

Finally the skill ‘Disengage’ cannot be used to break away from a combat under its influence.

As its name implies, this Noble Phantasm may only be used once, for it represents the pinnacle of all achievements.
    However, in exchange for a command spell, this Noble Phantasm may be activated once more.

Sword and Spear of Achilles
    Rank B
    Type Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range 1-2 (sword) / 2-50 (spear)
    Maximum Target 1

Too heavy to be used effectively by other heroes, the spear is Achilles main weapon
    which is mostly used as a thrown weapon, whereafter he switches to his sword.
    His legendary feats are based on his valor and strength rather than exceptional weaponry.
    For that reason they do not possess any other special powers.

Shield of Achilles - The World
    Rank A
    Type Barrier Noble Phantasm
    Range 0
    Defense Target 1

The five-layered shield of Achilles was never once completely penetrated
    despite the presence of many great heroes on the battlefield.
    It can take five direct hits by a rank B or two by a rank A Noble Phantasm,
    before it is unsummoned to regenerate its layers.
    Under the influence of ‘Aristeia - Display of Excellence’ its layers are rapidly
    regenerated at the rate of one layer per ten turns.

To completely obliterate this shield, an Anti-World-type Noble Phantasm is required.
    Created by Hephaestus, it possesses intricate ornaments which quickly allows savvy
    opponents to guess the identity of its owner.

---------------------

Achilles may also be summoned as an Avenger-class Servant with appropriate changes:

Achilles, Ruler of the Asphodel Meadows

After his death, Achilles was encountered by Odysseus, who visited the underworld,
    on the Asphodel Meadows, the middle ground between Elysium and Tartarus.
    There he reigns over the shadows of those who lived a life of equal good and evil.

Class: Avenger
    Alignement: True Neutral

Attributes:
    Strength C (B)
    Endurance C (B)
    Agility C (B)
    Mana C (B)
    Luck C (B)
    Noble Phantasm B-EX
    Skills:
    Battle Continuation B
    Divinity C
    Eye of the Mind A

Noble Phantasms:

The weapons (sword and spear) he wields in this form are shadows
    of the actual ones and are therefore considered rank C Noble Phantasms
    (B, if Achilles dwells in his realm, the Asphodel Meadows).

Ruler of the Asphodel Meadows
    Rank EX
    Type Reality Marble
    Range ??
    Maximum Targets ??

After his death Achilles was appointed to govern the Asphodel Meadows,
    where shadows of ordinary men and those who lived a life of equal good and evil dwell,
    before they once again enter the cycle of reincarnation.

All parameters of Achilles are raised by one rank since these surroundings recognize him as their master.

This particular reality marble is devastating against Servants, who are heroic spirits:
    As one enters the plain covered with white asphodel surrounded by the river Lethe,
    her abilities and skills and even her existence slowly degrade, as this domain of utter
    neutrality does not tolerate exceptional beings such as heroic spirits and will therefore
    adjust the karma of any intruders.
    In the end a Servant would become just another shadow wandering among the white flowers.

There are two ways to escape this place apart from defeating its governor Achilles:
    Drinking the water of Lethe resulting in forfeiting one’s past and therefore sealing one’s Noble Phantasms
    or destroying all asphodel flowers in one strike.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Where Achilles immortality save to the heel? Someone made him and thost stats are heavy to me.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

The 'invulnerable except the heel' -ability itself seems a bit overpowered in my opinion,
    so I raised the stats to reflect his prowess which let his enemies believe he was invulnerable.

On the other hand: Achilles was the hero amongst dozens of other ones participating in the
    war of Troy, which in addition took place in the age of gods and myths.
    If Saber (Arturia) is the 'King of Knights', then Achilles is the 'Champion among Heroes' (at least
    in the Trojan war).

But, oh well, we are talking about fictional representations of heroes, so your mileage may vary.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Overpowered?
    God Hand is far more overpowered than that imo, and Achilles is basically the next big greek hero after Hercules, so it would fit.

In the Iliad at least, there wasn't reference to Achilles being invulnerable. He was just super badass.

Blog Entries
    Really? I thought the "held in fire as a baby" was in there.

Most of the invulnerable Achilles stuff was made up quite a bit later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achilles#Birth

However none of the sources before Statius makes any reference to this general invulnerability. To the contrary, in the Iliad Homer mentions Achilles being wounded: in Book 21 the Paeonian hero Asteropaeus, son of Pelagon, challenged Achilles by the river Scamander. He cast two spears at once, one grazed Achilles' elbow, "drawing a spurt of blood".
    I've only ever read the Iliad in terms of Achilles stories so I don't know much beyond that.

Blog Entries
    Wow, interesting.
    Also I didn't know about the Styx version.