Page 86 of 453 FirstFirst ... 36768184858687889196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 9057

Thread: Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days (FSN x Nanoha Crossover)

I couldn't resist writing this. I was reading "The Hill of Swords" by gabriel blessing on fanfiction and my mind had a resident Evil moment involving Shirou and Yuuno... along with the earlier discussions about what would happen if Shirou went with Yuuno on a dig and him asking "Can't I go anywhere with you, without something like this happening?" Or something similar I think.

This is what happened.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Feet thundered down the abandoned corridor. One set ringing metal, the rest hammering boots. Shadows danced across the dimly lit halls of the recently unearthed ruins as what was left of the archeology team fled for their lives.

Didn’t help that the only combat capable member was the youngest of the group and the only other certified mage wasn’t very combat oriented.

Yuuno and Shirou lead the remainders of the team into the four-door room that had been designated as “base camp” when they had first started their forays into the ancient ruins. The trip was supposed to be a simple one: a small one week dig on a nameless moon of a non-administrated world where a weak signal from a Lost Logia had been picked up. What no one saw coming was what the Lost Logia actually did.

So after day four and well over four fifths of the team vanished did they discover that the Logia they were searching for was capable of raising the dead: even if they were over seven hundred years old. Thus they found themselves hunted by hundreds and sometimes seemingly thousands of undead as they tried to wait for the periodic magical field that appeared around the moon ever four days to dissipate so they could call for help. They had three hours to go, and only Shirou had anything affective to fight for survival. The rest of the security team that had come along as standard had quickly learned that average magic was useless against the walking dead the hard way. But solid magical steal was more than enough to slay quite a few. That and Earth had more than enough superstitions, nightmares, and experience with the undead Shirou knew how to actually make sure they stayed down.

The sad part was, by the time they realized what was hunting them, and they decided to ask Shirou for help, it was too late to save the rest of the fighters, leaving a collection of archeologists and a boy to deal with the problem they had created.

As the group barricaded the door the over-worked magus plopped down in the middle of the round room. “That last one was close. Anyone else get caught?” Shirou focused on regaining feeling in his limbs as Yuuno replied.

“No, I don’t think so. We’re all here and unharmed-“ He was cut off by a sudden and very loud shifting noise. The section of the floor Shirou was lying on suddenly dropping several inches. Then the room was filled with the sound of grinding stone as something unlocked, and a roar echoed from deeper within the caverns. Yuuno looked at Shirou, “Can’t I go ANYWHERE without you waking something up?”

The magus grinned at him sheepishly.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalwatcher View Post
    I couldn't resist writing this. I was reading "The Hill of Swords" by gabriel blessing on fanfiction and my mind had a resident Evil moment involving Shirou and Yuuno... along with the earlier discussions about what would happen if Shirou went with Yuuno on a dig and him asking "Can't I go anywhere with you, without something like this happening?" Or something similar I think.

This is what happened.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Feet thundered down the abandoned corridor. One set ringing metal, the rest hammering boots. Shadows danced across the dimly lit halls of the recently unearthed ruins as what was left of the archeology team fled for their lives.

Didn’t help that the only combat capable member was the youngest of the group and the only other certified mage wasn’t very combat oriented.

Yuuno and Shirou lead the remainders of the team into the four-door room that had been designated as “base camp” when they had first started their forays into the ancient ruins. The trip was supposed to be a simple one: a small one week dig on a nameless moon of a non-administrated world where a weak signal from a Lost Logia had been picked up. What no one saw coming was what the Lost Logia actually did.

So after day four and well over four fifths of the team vanished did they discover that the Logia they were searching for was capable of raising the dead: even if they were over seven hundred years old. Thus they found themselves hunted by hundreds and sometimes seemingly thousands of undead as they tried to wait for the periodic magical field that appeared around the moon ever four days to dissipate so they could call for help. They had three hours to go, and only Shirou had anything affective to fight for survival. The rest of the security team that had come along as standard had quickly learned that average magic was useless against the walking dead the hard way. But solid magical steal was more than enough to slay quite a few. That and Earth had more than enough superstitions, nightmares, and experience with the undead Shirou knew how to actually make sure they stayed down.

The sad part was, by the time they realized what was hunting them, and they decided to ask Shirou for help, it was too late to save the rest of the fighters, leaving a collection of archeologists and a boy to deal with the problem they had created.

As the group barricaded the door the over-worked magus plopped down in the middle of the round room. “That last one was close. Anyone else get caught?” Shirou focused on regaining feeling in his limbs as Yuuno replied.

“No, I don’t think so. We’re all here and unharmed-“ He was cut off by a sudden and very loud shifting noise. The section of the floor Shirou was lying on suddenly dropping several inches. Then the room was filled with the sound of grinding stone as something unlocked, and a roar echoed from deeper within the caverns. Yuuno looked at Shirou, “Can’t I go ANYWHERE without you waking something up?”

The magus grinned at him sheepishly.
    Nice omake crystal not sure how the hill of swords inspired this though which part inspired you to make this.

The part were the princess got kidnapped by the dead guys.
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

US Friend Code
    The part were the princess got kidnapped by the dead guys.
    I admit that I am unsure how you got your inspiration from that. Oh well awesome omake crystal

In all honesty idk either. It just came to me: just like everything else I've ever made or done.

And thanks... I guess.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

US Friend Code
    you are welcome it is a good omake
    p.s. why did you put I guess after your thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    you are welcome it is a good omake
    p.s. why did you put I guess after your thanks
    Never really seen my self as a very good writer.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Join the club. I still can't believe that people think this is good writing. I look at this and wince a little inside as my inner author attempts suicide at the train wreck that is this story.

Anyways, bored and not having enough muse to write chapter five, so I think I'm going to write a snippet. Maybe a Vivio's Diary or something like that.

US Friend Code
    Im not sure you are a good writer as that means you have to write a good story and update fairly often but you defently wrote an awesome omake.

US Friend Code
    hero slayer looking forward to seeing your snipet than and you most certainly are a talanted writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    Anyways, bored and not having enough muse to write chapter five, so I think I'm going to write a snippet. Maybe a Vivio's Diary or something like that.
    What 'bout a short update (or two, or more) to Magical Knight Kaleido Archer?

Granted, it'd be mainly cut-and-paste-from-the-manga work, but it's less demanding on completely original story material, and the WAFF content might end up relaxing on the nerves.

And I'm still awaiting some of Miyu's reactions in the long-term, or for that matter, if Ilya tries 'tagging along'...
    Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
    AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

Chasing After that Elusive Dream Heroslayer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watch the double posts.

Now a snippet. And proof that I really shouldn't write when I'm bored.

Vivio Diary 1

...Vivio has three mamas and one papa. Nanoha-mama is the one that spends the most time at home, but Vivio loves Shirou-papa the most. Shirou-papa is always making yummy treats for Vivio to eat. He can even make veggies taste yummy!

Shirou laughed nervously as Vivio cheerfully cleared her plate. It was not the sight of the adorable girl that was making him nervous, but the death glare that Fate was giving him. She hadn't taken Vivio's declaration that she would only eat 'her papa's cooking' very well. Next to her, Hayate was glaring at her own omelet and muttering about 'how this loss will not be tolerated.'

He sighed. It looked like he would have to defend his kitchen again.

Nanoha simply enjoyed her breakfast next to Vivio and ignored Fate and Hayate as they plotted their culinary warfare. It wasn't like the two had beaten Shirou yet.

Vivio's mamas and papa are really strong. Whenever Vivio asks who's the strongest, everyone points at Nanoha-mama. But Vivio thinks that Shirou-papas the strongest because he always wins their arguments. Vivio's mamas get sad for a bit when Shirou papa wins an argument but they are always happy the next morning.

Vivio looked at her family in curiosity. Shirou papa had said something that made all her mamas angry yesterday. They had argued a little bit and they were all angry when Vivio went to sleep. However, no one was angry anymore! Fate-mama was smiling next to papa while they cooked, and Nanoha-mama was playing with her in the morning. Hayate-mama was smiling weird at Shirou-papa but that was normal.

Vivio was happy that her mamas were angry anymore, but she wondered why Shirou-papa looked so tired.

Shirou-papa is always getting himself hurt. He has to go visit Auntie Shamal all the time. Hayate-mama says it’s because Shirou-papa is an idiot but Fate-mama says it's because papa is a Hero. So Vivio thinks papa is an Idiot Hero. Nanoha-mama agrees with me.

"You know, normally when a person adopts a child they take better care of themselves. This has got to be the first time I've seen a father try to blow themselves up after adopting a child." Shamal sighed as Shirou groaned lightly on his own personal bed in the infirmary.

"In my defense, the weapon was supposed to blow up. Just you know, not when it was still in my hands." Shirou winced as another piece of shrapnel was pulled out of his back.

EDIT: Kaliedo Archer? Oh right. I forgot about that. I should probably do something for that sometime. It was rather fun to write though I forgot where I was going with it.

I should reread that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl.

That was awesome!!! And it's just I don't think I'm all that talented a writer. I have short story ideas and what not, and can rarely finnish what I actually started. Which is why none of my stories on FF have been updated since 2009 I think.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

By the way, who among the MGLN/FSN crowd was brave/foolish enough to dare comment on how both Hayate and Rin sound eerily alike when upset (at anyone or anything in particular)?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeDiver View Post
    By the way, who among the MGLN/FSN crowd was brave/foolish enough to dare comment on how both Hayate and Rin sound eerily alike when upset (at anyone or anything in particular)?
    Shirou. And if not him, Nanoha. Hands down.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroslayer View Post
    Join the club. I still can't believe that people think this is good writing. I look at this and wince a little inside as my inner author attempts suicide at the train wreck that is this story.

First off, yay for snippet

Second, does NasuVerse have ANYTHING to stop internal attempted suicides? The last thing we need is for Heroslayer to kick the bucket prior to the end of this story >.>

NasuVerse? Probably not. A good portion of it is based on internal strife and suicide attempts: look at Archer here.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

Do the various Neko-Arc's count? I mean, whenever they're around, the crack just flows, as akin to Arrakis' sandworms and the spice...

And that's in officially published material, if Carnival Phantasm is considered (insert appropriate-level/tier here) canon.

NasuVerse: Need comic relief? Go with da Nekoneko!

Crud, now I'm on some kind of odd Omake bindge :/ wth?

Edit: Like I said, had an omake bindge from something. And this sounded like something Shirou would do when pissed off.

The world shattered in an instant. The massive steel doors that hid the base from outside eyes were blasted apart like a porcelain vase with a firecracker inside of it. Flying fragments of steel screamed through the air, shattering the gadgets that had been guarding them before Caladbolg II erased them from existence. From the massive inferno at the entrance emerged a red-clad human with white hair and grey eyes, eyes that were colder than the void of space around Mild-Childa, and filled with a rage that was nearly indescribable.

It was the rage of a friend. The Wolkenritter wounded, having been ambushed while Christmas shopping for the upcoming holidays to celebrate the end of the JS Incident.

It was the rage of a lover. Nanoha having been stabbed from behind, and hospitalized by the traitorous bastards he was now hunting.

And most of all, it was the rage of a father. Vivio having been kidnapped as Nanoha was left for dead. Stolen from them, her family, for the single reason she was a confirmed clone of the Saint.

Shirou Emiya strolled into the criminal base like Judgment. The instant he cleared the inferno he had created the massive numbers of stolen gadget drones swarmed towards him, the more intelligent personnel fleeing for their lives in recognition for what was coming. The light from the fire flickered and a hailstorm of steel roared at the onslaught of machines. Countless swords, great and small, simple and masterful, magical and mundane, met the swarm: smashing it like an insect and sweeping it aside like a snow bank to a tsunami, and in seconds the horde of stolen machines were little more than scrap metal.

At a constant strolling pace that he had not broken since the doors were shattered Shirou strode across the large entrance way to the farthest passage, and entered it, following the unique smell of his daughter’s magic. He had left Hayate and Fate to take care of the political nonsense and to keep an eye on the Knights and Nanoha, leaving the annihilation of the base to him: he preferred it like that, TSAB members were not allowed to use lethal force, but being a sanctioned freelancer allowed him to use any force he deemed necessary. And to the people who had dared harm his loved ones and take his daughter nothing less but death he would allow.

He turned the corner, a line of illegal mages firing down the hallway at him from what cover they would cobble together. Pity, they apparently thought he used Belkan or Midian style magic. Otherwise their cover would be a lot sturdier. Without even a gesture He summoned a wall of steel. Hundreds of swords, interlaced like some kind of nightmarish scale armor filled the corridor between him and the mages. After several seconds they stopped, bewildered by what he had called forth and did the second stupidest thing they had done so far: step out of cover. Without ever breaker stride and without a gesture, he accelerated the wall of metal at the fools in his path, smashing them against and through the final wall between him and his daughter.

He stepped through the ragged hole that was once the side of a powerful anti-magic cell and for the first time since entering the base paused for an instant to take in the situation. Two mages or at least one since only one had a staff were there and alive. The one with the staff cowering against the corner, and the other holding a gun to Vivio’s head thinking that it would make him surrender and for an instant Shirou pitied the fool.

The next instant the idiot was nailed to the far wall with a seven foot blade through the head. Vivio ‘eeped’ and dropped the floor at the sudden relief of pressure and absence of danger. It took Shirou only moments to walk over to Vivio and pick her up, “It’s alright. Papa is here to save you. We’re going home now.” He didn’t here Vivio’s scared reply, as he turned away from the cell she had been trapped in for the eighteen hours that it had taken Hayate to track the base. He didn’t spare the cowering mage a glance as he stepped from the ruined cell, a relieved sigh being cut off as another sword finished of the last bastard who had thought it a good idea to even imagine harming his daughter. “Shhh, your safe now.”
    Last edited by crystalwatcher; September 28th, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
    End of an Empire

Badass Side-Step

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl.
    This, so very much.

As for crystalwatcher's new snippet: Whoa, dark. Well written and believably in character, though.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb