Page 755 of 858 FirstFirst ... 255655705745750753754755756757760765805855 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,100 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    I'm thinking of trying my hand at creating another Beast. Does anyone have any idea which Evil of Humanity I should base it off of? I'm kinda thinking of going for Stagnation.
    This is a basic one but I think Pride would be a good evil of humanity. Like something along the lines of what the
    Spoiler:
    Lion King was doing in Camalot
    only less 'altruistic' where they believe only a singular subset of humanity is worth saving or their love for an arbitrary reason.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldownnow View Post
    This is a basic one but I think Pride would be a good evil of humanity. Like something along the lines of what the
    Spoiler:
    Lion King was doing in Camalot
    only less 'altruistic' where they believe only a singular subset of humanity is worth saving or their love for an arbitrary reason.
    Except that 'Pride' is already one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and its specifically mentioned that none of the Beasts represent those.

I could have sworn one of the Beasts represented "Lust" in some form.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That would be Kiara, but considering that the sin of Beast III as a whole is "Pleasure" and not only "Lust" (since Kama is a part of Beast III and she represents "Depravity" instead of "Lust"), this could be seen as a mere coincidence

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I personally subscribe to You's "Beast are Seven Deadly Sins but not really that, but those also actually just Seven Deadly Sins."

---

I forgot the actual wording he uses

The Dragon Mother

Source: Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name:
    Longmu
    Alignment
    :Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Chinese mythology

Lore:

Wen Shi, the dragon mother of Chinese mythology. A young maiden who, amidst her daily errands, discovered a dragon’s egg along the bank of a river. From this egg, five infant serpents emerged.

It is a picturesque tale. The mother raises the baby snakes, who grow into divine dragon gods and save her village from drought and hunger. After this, Wen Shi becomes revered as a “Divine Human” and is thus dubbed “Longmu.” There is no tragedy. There were no regrets. She passed away naturally, entirely content with her life - with no wish for the grail, and no desire to return to the world, it should be impossible to summon her as a Servant…

And
    yet…

Spoiler:
    Longmu. The dragon mother of Chinese mythology. In actuality, Lancer is a dragon taking the form of “
    Spoiler:
    Longmu.”

Overwhelmed by grief at the death of their mother, the five dragons discarded their divinity and shed their sovereign form, attaining human appearance in order to properly bury Wen Shi on the northern side of Zhu Mountain.

Historically, they are remembered as “the Five Scholars.” But, of the five, one could not abandon the past. Thus, she lived in the form of Longmu, the dragon mother that had shown her such love. Yet, in losing her divinity, she became vulnerable to decay. She lived and died as a human, unable to reconcile with the concept of “endings.”

Her dream is an eternity. Childhood will endure.

Parameters:

STR: C
    END:
    B
    AGI:
    B
    MGI:
    A+
    LCK: A
    NP:
    A++

and rain
    Dislikes:
    Winter, fathers, strict
    deadlines
    Attribute
    : Sky
    Armament:
    None

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (A)
    Cancels all
    magecraft below A-rank. In practice, Lancer cannot be harmed by modern magi. As a result of possessing the magical energy of a dragon, near-invulnerability to magecraft becomes possible. Still, she has trouble with “Dragon Slayers”

Personal Skills:

Mana Burst [Storm] (A)
    An increase in performance achieved by the rapid expulsion of magical energy. In this case, it is not a “jet burst” of mana, but rather a “flash of lightning”; magical energy is discharged in the form of electricity as a single motion is greatly enhanced.

Ephemeral Dream (B+)
    Denotes a lifeform which exists as a result of a “dream”. Lancer is a special case, wherein her existence is not entirely formed of
    dreams, but rather modified by the projection of her own wishes onto her form. Essentially, Lancer takes the form of her dream. Thus, the typical effect of the skill is reversed: as opposed to an “unapproved existence that slowly erodes”, Lancer is a dream that endures and is held onto. Grants increased regenerative abilities.

Divinity (A)
    Measures one’s Divine Spirit aptitude. Even though divinity was discarded in order to attain human form, the fact remains that Lancer is approaching the throne of gods. She is more accurately described as a “dragon god in a human shell”. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank.

Animal Dialogue (A++)
    Communication of intentions with animals that do not speak a '
    language of words'. At this rank, the skill is also “the ability to command lesser forms of life”. Not only is meaning perfectly conveyed, but since there is no form of life that stands above Lancer, it also becomes possible to command any form of
    beast, save those on the divine or upper echelon of monstrous level.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Aeternum Dragon Crescent

The Mother’s Hand

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: Melee
    Max Targets: 1

The prototype of the “Green Dragon Crescent Blade” later wielded by general Guan Yu. It is a guandao made from the body of a dragon of storms; a supreme mystery that can be described as a mirror image of the most powerful Divine Beast.

In actuality, it is made from the flesh of a dragon which had been discarded as “shed skin” and later formed into a large spear. It is a Noble Phantasm which embodies Lancer’s “previous form” and thus inflicts regression with every attack.

Contact with the blade inflicts consecutive reductions in defensive power; the rank of a Servant’s endurance is reduced by an amount proportionate to that of the Noble Phantasm - in this case, all defensive values are reduced by “B”, such that any defense of B rank or below is entirely nullified. The same applies to defensive armor or barrier-type Noble Phantasms. In practice, it is an offensive reflection of the blood armor of the evil dragon Fafnir. An offensive power that does not measure in terms of “defense points”, but rather entirely rejects any defense below a certain rank, even if its power were hypothetically equivalent to an A++ rank Noble Phantasm.

Aeternum Dragon Crescent
    Harrowing Roar of the Scholar

Type: Anti-Army~Anti-Fortress

Range: 1~99
    Max Targets: 1000

The most destructive attack which Lancer’s Noble Phantasm can unleash. It is the “breath” of a dragon of storms, a hyper-pressurized current of magical energy released from the tip of the Aeternum Dragon Crescent in the form of a radiant beam. An attack produced via the spear’s property of innate time reversal, which returns to Noble Phantasm further and further to its conceptual root; it is not a physical transformation, but a transformation of ideas which converts “spear” to “dragon” in order to reproduce the attack.

Because the Aeternum Dragon Crescent is an extension of Lancer’s “self” as she existed in the past, its conceptual reversal extends to her own
    form at high enough levels of power. The Servant’s dream of “human life” acts as a seal on the power of the attack, which varies from B rank to A++ rank. At its full power, it is an Anti-Fortress attack essentially comparable to the attack of a high-power Divine Beast, but entirely undoes Lancer’s metamorphosis and returns her to the form of a dragon. In other words, because it unravels the image of “Longmu” that was created from Lancer’s dreams, she is no longer capable of fitting into the vessel of the Heroic Spirit “Longmu”, and, thus, vanishes entirely.

Personality:

Simply put, Lancer is a dream perceived by a child. “The perfect mother” that allows all things, offering love and eternity to her offspring. She embodies childhood as a moment of supreme bliss, ignorance, and freedom - thus, she is wholly forgiving, even towards the most grievous of sins, as children can do no evil. This is her relationship with her master - entirely accepting of all their cruelties and flaws, showing no resistance to anything they desire.

Her ultimate goal is to preserve
    an eternal happiness, and to that end, utterly annihilate anything that poses a threat to that eternity. Enemy Servants will always fall under this - though she shows reluctance towards younger Heroic Spirits.

Her desire comes from a feeling of incompleteness - in short, it is the idea that she “didn’t give enough” to her mother, Wen Shi. It was an unavoidable conclusion reached by a divine creature to whom death as a concept was foreign - because she never considered her own “end”, her mother’s was equally inconceivable. Yet, childhood ended all the same. When life is cut short, one wonders whether what was lost was truly fulfilling, and ultimately, Lancer felt
    a deep regret at not having made her mother as happy as possible.

Ultimately, she wanted to apologize. “Sorry, I should have been a better child - I wasn’t good enough.”

Thus, Lancer seeks to give the eternity she wished for to another, to someone she perceives as her “child”. Because it is not an act of true love, but rather one of repentance, Lancer is incapable of understanding the “love of motherhood” - that is, the ability to “guide” one’s child, to prepare them for the reality of the world, simultaneously imparting love and discipline. Instead, for her child, Lancer would enable all evils.

For the most part, she acts nice. A bright expression, a polite
    demeanour, and soft, gentle words. Endlessly praising one’s own master, begging for their forgiveness at her own failures, and choosing to accept the blame for anything that goes wrong.

At her core, she is still a child that did not grow up. In the face of insurmountable adversity, the only possible response is a tantrum. She can’t accept defeat in the slightest, nor can she bear to struggle against difficulty.

Creator Notes:

-This is one I had a lot of trouble attaching words to. It was hard for me to try and get across the concept I was aiming for with her personality - essentially, a child that acts like how she imagines a mother acts, without actually loving her hypothetical “child” enough to tell them that mass genocide is actually not a good.

-Mayyyybe I made her too strong? From what I understand, though, Eastern Dragons are basically gods in Nasuverse, so that’s where a lot of the wank comes from.

-Despite casting away her Divinity, she still gets the skill at a high rank because she took on the form and identity of Longmu, who herself was practically deified.

-I have no hecking clue why the code gut all messed up. It keeps splitting my spoilers into two. No idea how to fix.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    Except that 'Pride' is already one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and its specifically mentioned that none of the Beasts represent those.
    Fou's 'Comparison' (hating people stronger than you and looking down on people weaker than you) is basically envy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I personally subscribe to You's "Beast are Seven Deadly Sins but not really that, but those also actually just Seven Deadly Sins."

---

I forgot the actual wording he uses
    The sin is just Seven Deadly Sins but with Nasu's twist
    Goestia is "Pity" which corresponds to the sin "Pride", Tiamat is "Regression" which corresponds to the sin "Sloth", Kiara/Mara's "Pleasure/Depravity" corresponds to "Lust", Cath Palug's "Comparison" corresponds to "Envy", and Beast of Regret perhaps corresponds to "Wrath"

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah I remember he says that and that's an unironic galaxy brain moment for me.

A-ah, any thoughts on my latest sheet?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPE-Lune View Post
    A-ah, any thoughts on my latest sheet?
    I like her a lot. Very well fleshed out and interesting personality. Makes me wonder how she'd get along with Raikou given their shared crazy mommy complex. Her draconic aspect being embodied through her spear is also a really cool and creative idea. I remember when summer Kiyohime came out I initially thought TM did the same thing with her naginata, only to be disappointed when it just turned out to be an ordinary naginata she wields "cuz waifu".

Ooooh, her and Raikou would be interesting, since, from what I understand of the character, they're kind of complete opposites on the "crazy mother" spectrum; Raikou's maternal obsession is supposedly on the level of "a conversion of the child into her own possession, and snatching away all of his or her freedom and future.", whereas Longmu is entirely based around love in the form of complete freedom, enabling all forms of cruelty or evil. They might butt heads a lot.

Wew. I was expecting to be called out on that by someone. To be honest, giving her Guan Yu's weapon is a stretch I made because I didn't like the aesthetic of her not having some sort of weapon, and my weird interpretation of the traditional myth story just so happened to perfectly fit the creation of the Green Dragon Crescent Blade - instead of just shapeshifting into humans, the five dragons literally shed their skin, so this one was able to turn what was pretty much the empty shell of a dragon into the prototype "made from dragon" spear.

As an asiiiiide, wanted to ask, since I was planning on maybe working on a dumb Beast concept next, if there are any sort of restrictions on what kind of figures can actually qualify for the "Class". I know the basic idea of each one representing an "evil of humanity" and wanting to save them out of some sort of warped love that doesn't align with traditional human morality.

Blog Entries
    It seems that they all appear to be divine/demonic entities
    Spoiler:
    Gotea being an amalgamation of demons, Tiamat being a primordial goddess, the beast being from the book of revelations, and Kiara being a bodivista thing and so on.

My Servant Compendium

Ever wonder what a Holy Grail War set in Texas would be like? Well wonder no longer because here is:
    Fate Texas Night
    Become Naunet the next leader of the Atlas Institute and fight your way to the top of a deadly war.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oooh, maybe something like "Ecstacy" - the desire to wipe away human society and revert humanity to mindless apes with absolute freedom to do anything they please. Basically, max anarchy.
    Honestly, my mind kinda associates "ecstasy" with "pleasure", which Beast III as a whole represents. Plus, that plan sounds a lot like what Beast III-L (Mara) tried.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's also exactly what Kiara had BB doing in CCC

Oh, is that so? Well, I guess I'm not familiar with those characters. Whoops.

Blog Entries
    Oh, is that so? Well, I guess I'm not familiar with those characters. Whoops.
    It's alright.

Servant Database (v2.0)

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

I might still nab that concept for myself, though, similarities be damned. There's still an idea I'd like to toy around with.

Blog Entries
    I've got an idea that takes a little bit of inspiration from Royd's Beast V Judas sheet. It has the same Evil, Rejection, but it is Morpheus or some other dream-related entity and its whole thing is trapping all humans in their own little "Lotus-Eater Machines". In short, rejection of reality in favor of dreams. How does that one sound?

Servant Database (v2.0)

Upcoming Servant Sheets

I suppose that's an interesting take on "destroying humanity" - essentially, bringing it to a ahlt by trapping it in a bubble of falsehood. Beyond that, it's definitely something that's been touched on before in fiction, but I'm sure you can make something interesting out of it!