Page 799 of 858 FirstFirst ... 299699749789794797798799800801804809849 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,980 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Adrastos: Pretty good sheet. I'd toyed with the idea of writing up one for him myself a while back, so this is interesting to see. For his second NP I probably would've done something along the lines of letting Adrastus summon the shields of the rest of the seven (with each shield having its own unique ability), but your idea of summoning allies for an "ultimate last stand" is cool too. It also sounds like he'd make for a very unconventional Ruler.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, Servants in the works:

Odin, reduced divine spirit, or whatever Chiron counts as
    War(Yeah, I know, ANOTHER horseman sheet)
    Kronos, demi-servant(Even I don't get why I chose the guy he'll manifest in)
    Percival
    Shaka Zulu

...One is not like the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

OH!!! Also, anyone done a joke sheet of a modern person like Elon Musk, or a youtuber. Would love to read.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; September 17th, 2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: The 0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Adrastos: Pretty good sheet. I'd toyed with the idea of writing up one for him myself a while back, so this is interesting to see. For his second NP I probably would've done something along the lines of letting Adrastus summon the shields of the rest of the seven (with each shield having its own unique ability), but your idea of summoning allies for an "ultimate last stand" is cool too. It also sounds like he'd make for a very unconventional Ruler.
    I contemplated something friend summon-y for the second NP too, but felt that that would've gotten needlessly complex if I started to go the long route to avoiding yet another army summoning NP. I might also note that shields seem a little counterintuitive to me given that the heroes were assembled to break gates rather than defend anything (other than their own bodies, this being Greeks and all, but that's beside the point).
    I just figured "hey, seven heroes against Thebes and seven heroes in a Grail War" and figured I might as well combine the ideas directly. The summon-y bit also isn't really the key part of it, more like uniting a Holy Grail War against a single enemy.

"Their Lord they shall praise,
    Their language they shall keep,
    Their land they shall lose -
    Except wild Wales."

Class: Caster
    Epithet: King of Bards
    True Name: Taliesin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Wales

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: B
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Item Construction: C
    Item Construction is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.

Then came Taliesin with four-and-twenty twigs of holly, which he had burnt black, and he caused the youth who was to ride his master's horse to place them in his belt, and he gave him orders to let all the king's horses get before him, and as he should overtake one horse after the other, to take one of the twigs and strike the horse with it over the crupper, and then let that twig fall; and after that to take another twig, and do in like manner to every one of the horses, as he should overtake them, enjoining the horseman strictly to watch when his own horse should stumble, and to throw down his cap on the spot.
    Caster is unskilled in creating many types of magical items. As a bard first and a Druid second, his skill lies mainly in manipulating natural objects for limited purposes. He is, however, able to manufacture tomes containing knowledge and incantations from his own exploits, collectively known as Books of Taliesin.

Territory Creation: C
    Territory Creation is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

As the Wandering Bard of the World, Caster has difficulty even creating a Workshop.

Personal Skills:
    Cutting Words: B
    A Skill possessed by those who retold stories of heroism and villainy throughout the ages. As bards are able to spread the good word of many, they can also demonize them and make them the most reviled figure alive. Because of this, their words can hold influence over their subject’s notoriety. With this Skill, users are able to lower any one of their target’s parameters by two ranks when giving them a witty remark/insult.

And as soon as Taliesin entered the hall, he placed himself in a quiet corner, near the place where the bards and the minstrels were wont to come in doing their service and duty to the king, as is the custom at the high festivals when the bounty is proclaimed. And so, when the bards and the heralds came to cry largess, and to proclaim the power of the king and his strength, at the moment that they passed by the corner wherein he was crouching, Taliesin pouted out his lips after them, and played "Blerwm, blerwm," with his finger upon his lips. Neither took they much notice of him as they went by, but proceeded forward till they came before the king, unto whom they made their obeisance with their bodies, as they were wont, without speaking a single word, but pouting out their lips, and making mouths at the king, playing "Blerwm, blerwm," upon their lips with their fingers, as they had seen the boy do elsewhere…

...And when the king knew that he was the bard of Elphin, he bade Heinin, his first and wisest bard, to answer Taliesin and to strive with him. But when he came, he could do no other but play "blerwm" on his lips; and when he sent for the others of the four-and-twenty bards they all did likewise, and could do no other. And Maelgwn asked the boy Taliesin what was his errand, and he answered him in song.
    Not only physical, but psychological damage can be applied in this way, words with ill intent directed at an enemy becoming the same level as a curse.

High-Speed Divine Words: A
    High-Speed Divine Words is a skill to activate thaumaturgy using Divine Words. They are languages from the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting, and that modern humans can no longer pronounce. The users can do High-Thaumaturgies in one second because they give the World orders directly without connecting their Magic Circuits.

“Strengthened by my muse I am powerful;
    Mighty on my part is what I seek,
    For three hundred songs and more
    Are combined in the spell I sing.”
    The Divine Words of the Gods of Britain. An ability that shouldn’t exist, given Caster’s birth well into the Age of Fairies. Yet one that persists, given the very nature of the words at Caster’s disposal. While other users of Divine Words--Greek and Egypt, for instance--lived in a society with a written record of these words, the Celtic bards, druids, and ovates had no such physical recording process. The deterioration of these words would have meant the deterioration of Britain and Ireland’s very history. Due to his absurd Clairvoyance and divine nature, Caster is able to reach back and learn the words from the very source fluently.

Clairvoyance: EX
    Clairvoyance: the ability of the eyes to remain in one place while seeing through to another. Since ancient times, greater beings had left the earth in the care of shamans who utilised this power to safeguard the lives of men. Even the greatest of Magi – holding the thickest of Magic Circuits and capable of conducting the most powerful of rituals – would not be considered the epitome of Thaumaturgy without this ‘sight.’

The “Eyes That See Through Time and Space”. A level of Clairvoyance incomparable to others, and one that is certainly beyond the reach of mere humans. Caster was born with a sense of sight that allowed him to perceive any and all things in existence within any era, down to the smallest of details, without needing to take a single step.

"Primary chief bard am I to Elphin,
    And my original country is the region of the summer stars;
    Idno and Heinin called me Merddin,
    At length every king will call me Taliesin.

I was with my Lord in the highest sphere,
    On the fall of Lucifer into the depth of hell
    I have borne a banner before Alexander;
    I know the names of the stars from north to south;
    I have been on the galaxy at the throne of the Distributor;
    I was in Canaan when Absalom was slain;
    I conveyed the Divine Spirit to the level of the vale of Hebron;
    I was in the court of Don before the birth of Gwdion.
    I was instructor to Eli and Enoc;
    I have been winged by the genius of the splendid crosier;
    I have been loquacious prior to being gifted with speech;
    I was at the place of the crucifixion of the merciful Son of God;
    I have been three periods in the prison of Arianrod;
    I have been the chief director of the work of the tower of Nimrod;
    I am a wonder whose origin is not known.

I have been in Asia with Noah in the ark,
    I have seen the destruction of Sodom and Gomorra;
    I have been in India when Roma was built,
    I am now come here to the remnant of Troia.

I have been with my Lord in the manger of the ass:
    I strengthened Moses through the water of Jordan;
    I have been in the firmament with Mary Magdalene; p. 483
    I have obtained the muse from the cauldron of Caridwen;
    I have been bard of the harp to Lleon of Lochlin.
    I have been on the White Hill, in the court of Cynvelyn,
    For a day and a year in stocks and fetters,
    I have suffered hunger for the Son of the Virgin,
    I have been fostered in the land of the Deity,
    I have been teacher to all intelligences,
    I am able to instruct the whole universe.
    I shall be until the day of doom on the face of the earth;
    And it is not known whether my body is flesh or fish.
    Wisdom of Awen: EX
    Wisdom of Awen is a Skill comprising the divine knowledge bestowed on Caster’s previous life. “Awen” is a Welsh word that has a few different interpretations, but all relate to “poetic inspiration” or the otherworldly power of the Muse, often from a divine source. A modern interpretation of awen is “flowing spirit”, and that “spirit energy in flow is the essence of life.” Comparable to the Mead of Poetry, or Salmon of Knowledge.

Once, Caster had been a boy named Gwion Bach in the employ of the goddess Ceridwen. Ceridwen had given birth to a beautiful girl, and a disgusting monster of a boy. Fearing that her son would never be accepted due to his appearance, Ceridwen resolved to alter him into a poet. Gathering every kind of mystical herb and plant, she put them into a mighty cauldron and tasked the boy Gwion Bach to stir the concoction for a full year, while another man stoked the boiling flames. Once the year was up, three drops of the potion fell on Gwion Bach’s thumb, who immediately stuck it in his mouth and absorbed the knowledge of the universe. Enraged by this turn of events, Ceridwen chased Gwion Bach down, both of them transforming into various animals. Ceridwen eventually caught Gwion Bach and swallowed him whole--he in the form of a hayseed, and she in the form of a chicken--at which point Ceridwen became pregnant. Nine months later, “Gwion Bach” was reborn as the child who would become Taliesin.

Unlike other wisdom-based anecdotes taking the form of a Noble Phantasm--namely, Fionn’s Finegal Fintas--the Wisdom of Awen was something inherent to Caster’s being upon his reincarnation, therefore it has become a Skill.

Noble Phantasm(s):

O Britain, Look Upon Thy Death
    Excellence, Reproof, Spite of the Bard King

Type: Summoning
    Range: 1-10
    Max Targets: 50 people

"If you be primary bards
    To the master of sciences,
    Declare ye mysteries
    That relate to the inhabitants of the world;
    There is a noxious creature,
    From the rampart of Satanas,
    Which has overcome all
    Between the deep and the shallow;
    Equally wide are his jaws
    As the mountains of the Alps;
    Him death will not subdue,
    Nor hand or blades;
    There is the load of nine hundred wagons
    In the hair of his two paws;
    There is in his head an eye
    Green as the limpid sheet of icicle;
    Three springs arise
    In the nape of his neck;
    Sea-roughs thereon
    Swim through it;
    There was the dissolution of the oxen
    Of Deivrdonwy the water-gifted.
    The names of the three springs
    From the midst of the ocean;
    One generated brine
    Which is from the Corina,
    To replenish the flood
    Over seas disappearing;
    The second, without injury
    It will fall on us,
    When there is rain abroad,
    Through the whelming sky;
    The third will appear
    Through the mountain veins,
    Like a flinty banquet, p. 485
    The work of the King of kings,
    You are blundering bards,
    In too much solicitude;
    You cannot celebrate
    The kingdom of the Britons;
    And I am Taliesin,
    Chief of the bards of the west,
    Who will loosen Elphin
    Out of the golden fetter."

"Be silent, then, ye unlucky rhyming bards,
    For you cannot judge between truth and falsehood.
    If you be primary bards formed by heaven,
    Tell your king what his fate will be.
    It is I who am a diviner and a leading bard,
    And know every passage in the country of your king;
    I shall liberate Elphin from the belly of the stony tower;
    And will tell your king what will befall him.
    A most strange creature will come from the sea marsh of Rhianedd
    As a punishment of iniquity on Maelgwn Gwynedd;
    His hair, his teeth, and his eyes being as gold,
    And this will bring destruction upon Maelgwn Gwynedd."

"Discover thou what is
    The strong creature from before the flood,
    Without flesh, without bone,
    Without vein, without blood,
    Without head, without feet;
    It will neither be older nor younger
    Than at the beginning;
    For fear of a denial,
    There are no rude wants
    With creatures.
    Great God! how the sea whitens
    When first it comes!
    Great are its gusts
    When it comes from the south;
    Great are its evaporations
    When it strikes on coasts.
    It is in the field, it is in the wood,
    Without hand, and without foot,
    Without signs of old age,
    Though it be co-æval
    With the five ages or periods; p. 486
    And older still,
    Though they be numberless years.
    It is also so wide
    As the surface of the earth;
    And it was not born,
    Nor was it seen.
    It will cause consternation
    Wherever God willeth.
    On sea, and on land,
    It neither sees, nor is seen.
    Its course is devious,
    And will not come when desired;
    On land and on sea,
    It is indispensable.
    It is without an equal,
    It is four-sided;
    It is not confined,
    It is incomparable;
    It comes from four quarters;
    It will not be advised,
    It will not be without advice.
    It commences its journey
    Above the marble rock,
    It is sonorous, it is dumb,
    It is mild,
    It is strong, it is bold,
    When it glances over the land,
    It is silent, it is vocal,
    It is clamorous,
    It is the most noisy
    On the face of the earth.
    It is good, it is bad,
    It is extremely injurious.
    It is concealed,
    Because sight cannot perceive it.
    It is noxious, it is beneficial;
    It is yonder, it is here;
    It will discompose,
    But will not repair the injury;
    It will not suffer for its doings,
    Seeing it is blameless.
    It is wet, it is dry,
    It frequently comes,
    Proceeding from the heat of the sun,
    And the coldness of the moon.
    The moon is less beneficial,
    Inasmuch as her heat is less.
    One Being has prepared it, p. 487
    Out of all creatures,
    By a tremendous blast,
    To wreak vengeance
    On Maelgwn Gwynedd."
    The unseen monster Caster threatened Maelgwn Gwynedd with, after the capture of Caster’s king Elphin. Though it was only a threat, Caster’s description of the monster’s form and terrifying power was enough to summon hurricane-force winds to batter the castle, after which Maelgwn immediately acquiesced and agreed to free Elphin.

The beast is nameless and formless, as it is in reality the conceptual embodiment of “invasion”. More specifically, the renewed Anglo-Saxon offensive in the 550s that coincided with the British outbreak of the Yellow Plague. Despite Caster’s prophetic warning to Maelgwn, the king was indeed eventually killed by the plague. 13-26% of the world’s population succumbed to the disease, a number roughly 1/3rd of the Black Death’s total victims. The native Celts suffered disproportionately to the Anglo-Saxons, so much so that the disappearance of the Sub-Roman British town of Calleva was attributed to the damning curse of the disease.

The summoning process of the beast has three stages, the incantations of which all take an extraordinary amount of time, even when taking into account Caster’s forte of incantation speed.
    The first stage is the rapidly appearing hurricane, and the only stage that Caster ever historically reached.
    The second stage causes the Yellow Plague to ride on the wind, spreading the infection over an enormous area.
    The third stage summons the beast itself within the eye of the storm. It’s unknown whether or not Caster even has the power or ability to actually reach the third stage.

Lore:
    An inhuman monster in the shape of a boy.
    A child that had already forsaken his humanity in utero.
    Though he cannot be said to have ever done anything truly monstrous, he was too far divorced from the feelings and events of his fellows.

An Automatic Lore Recording Unit is the best way to describe the boy Taliesin’s existence, but even that is incorrect. His unending indebtedness, love and adoration for his king Elphin was his singular point of human bias.

Taliesin was an early Brythonic poet of Sub-Roman Britain whose work has possibly survived in a Middle Welsh manuscript, the Book of Taliesin. Taliesin was a renowned bard who is believed to have sung at the courts of at least three Brythonic kings.

Ifor Williams identified eleven of the medieval poems ascribed to Taliesin as possibly originating as early as the sixth century, and so possibly being composed by a historical Taliesin. The bulk of this work praises King Urien of Rheged and his son Owain mab Urien, although several of the poems indicate that he also served as the court bard to King Brochfael Ysgithrog of Powys and his successor Cynan Garwyn, either before or during his time at Urien's court. Some of the events to which the poems refer, such as the Battle of Arfderydd, are referred to in other sources.

In legend and medieval Welsh poetry, he is often referred to as Taliesin Ben Beirdd ("Taliesin, Chief of Bards" or chief of poets). He is mentioned as one of the five British poets of renown, along with Talhaearn Tad Awen ("Talhaearn Father of the Muse"), Aneirin, Blwchfardd, and Cian Gwenith Gwawd ("Cian Wheat of Song"), in the Historia Brittonum, and is also mentioned in the collection of poems known as Y Gododdin. Taliesin was highly regarded in the mid-12th century as the supposed author of a great number of romantic legends.

According to legend Taliesin was adopted as a child by Elffin, the son of Gwyddno Garanhir, and prophesied the death of Maelgwn Gwynedd from the Yellow Plague. In later stories he became a mythic hero, companion of Bran the Blessed and King Arthur. His legendary biography is found in several late renderings (see below), the earliest surviving narrative being found in a manuscript chronicle of world history written by Elis Gruffydd in the 16th century.

Creator Notes:
    I promise I was working on this long before Taliesin and Casters with ridiculous Clairvoyance were mentioned in General Discussion, but it did give me a kick in the pants to finish.
    I’m a bit concerned about Divine Words, and might change it back to regular HS-Incantation. I initially wanted the NP incantation to be separated into two paragraph columns, but BL's formatting keeps fighting me.
    Personally, I like this new habit of putting quotes from the sources directly in the context of the skill, but it does make the sheet enormous pretty quickly. Maybe it’s too much of a crutch?

Credit to SleepMode for the Cutting Words skill from his fantastic Amergin sheet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki-pon View Post
    I contemplated something friend summon-y for the second NP too, but felt that that would've gotten needlessly complex if I started to go the long route to avoiding yet another army summoning NP. I might also note that shields seem a little counterintuitive to me given that the heroes were assembled to break gates rather than defend anything (other than their own bodies, this being Greeks and all, but that's beside the point).
    I just figured "hey, seven heroes against Thebes and seven heroes in a Grail War" and figured I might as well combine the ideas directly. The summon-y bit also isn't really the key part of it, more like uniting a Holy Grail War against a single enemy.
    I only chose shields because the seven each had their own unique shields that were used to identify them.

Your idea is probably more creative though. I didn't even think of equating seven heroes with seven Servants, which is a little embarrassing in retrospect.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post

True Name: Taliesin
    Ayy, it's my boi Taliesin. I did my own not too long ago as well.

I think yours is better though. I tried way too hard to combine all the aspects of the various legends into a "magic knight" esque character but it failed. T_T

I see you reference the Clairvoyance discussion a little while ago, it saddens me that that GoA quote implies we won't see Taliesin as a Servant.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Thank you! I had to do some thinking about that GoA quote as well, and thought it was probably fine for Taliesin to be Grand Caster-tier at least in that regard because he--probably--died, unlike Dick Wizard.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing much Welsh representation at all, Merlin really does make Gwydion and Taliesin irrelevant by himself

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing much Welsh representation at all, Merlin really does make Gwydion and Taliesin irrelevant by himself
    If nothing else, I'm still holding out hope for Saber Brân the Blessed in the Camelot Lostbelt.

C'mon Nasu, you know he would be epic.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

There's horrible things out there, truly.

Things man wasn't meant to see. Things gods weren't meant to see. Beyond the forces that pull the strings of fate, beyond the Moon and stranger than every type of monster out there. Alien gods so utterly against all we know, so impossibly massive, that are still mere servants to something even grander. Things that, were they to become aware of humanity, wouldn't feel even the slightest twinge of whatever they have instead of remorse at the idea of ending us all. Truly, their mere attention may be enough on its own to wipe the concept of 'humanity' from the slate of history. These things that were here before us, before anything, even before themselves, are the true ancestors of reality, from which all ideas, all being, splintered off from in the Big Bang.

And the greatest of them, whose dreams are our reality and whose form eclipses the cosmos, is here. In a manner of speaking.

At the dawn of consciousness, some nameless god-thing from beyond the boundary of emptiness did something strange. It placed a warning, or a trap, or perhaps a threat, at the edge of space. 100 miles above the Earth, a curtain in the fourth dimension was thrown over us, an infinitesimally small fragment of a fragment of the First Thing's being. It was invisible to us, undetectable by any means science or magic could use, with one exception: were one to leave Earth, and travel into it from 'below', the entirety of the 'sheet' would be forced into their mind, and they would be made to understand it.

Whoever tore off a piece of the sleeping first thing and laid it here for us was clever, and made it so that only one of those recently-awoken hominids on the surface, those apes with their tools and their gnashing teeth, would trigger the trap. They were, after all, the only things aware enough to accept it into their mind.

The intent behind this isn't known, and is perhaps unknowable. There may not have been any intent at all. Regardless, the reason this would serve as an effective 'trap' or 'warning' was that the Sleeping Thing Beyond Heaven, even the smallest bit of it, would drive any human mind that perceived it irrevocably, unquestionably mad. The 'sheet', although a part of this First Thing, was not a part of its body, or its mind... the 'sheet' was simply Its color, a pigment the size of our atmosphere and beyond ultraviolet, beyond the electromagnetic spectrum. But, were you forced to accept it into your mind, you'd become aware of this color that doesn't exist, and from there it's a spiral downwards into perceiving what's beneath the universe. And thus, madness.

So, inevitably, came the day of the first ape-mind to leave this Earth and puncture the membrane of this veil. And as expected, the color flooded his mind, and showed him things no man was meant to know. Surely, any human, no matter how disciplined, how prepared, would succumb to the effects.

Thankfully, he wasn't human.

THE ASTROCHIMP
    HAM

Class: Foreigner
    True Name: Ham the Chimp
    Origin: Historical Fact - The United States of America
    Alignment: True Neutral

Parameters:
    STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: E
    LUCK: A+

Background

Ham was born in 1957 in the French Cameroons, captured by hunters and sent to Florida. There, he was purchased by the US Air Force and, at age 2, began testing to see if he was capable of going to space. Known back then as No. 56, Ham would pass every test, and outperform all the other chimpanzees in the program, becoming the clear choice to be the first hominid sent into space.

His trip was rough. It only lasted 16 minutes and 39 seconds, but it was rife with mistakes, errors, and problems, none of which were Ham's fault. And yet he performed excellently, unharmed sans some bruising, and made it back to Earth to the delight of everyone involved. Thereafter, he spent his life in the Zoo, living in the lap of luxury among other chimpanzees, forever to be remembered as the heroic simian who paved the way for man to explore the star.

Nobody knew that Ham was housing a fragment of the unknowable.

When he met the color from beyond during his short trip, it siphoned into his brain as intended. However, the thing that laid the trap didn't expect a non-human to be the first of those dread primates to leave their planet, and thus didn't account for the differences between a human's mind and a chimpanzee's. That is-- the brain of a chimpanzee, yes, is advanced enough to perceive the un-color, and is able to serve as a suitable container for it. However, the chimpanzee doesn't have that spark of something, that defining factor that separates man from beast, that would allow it to comprehend just how wrong the color was. Thus, it merely appeared to Ham as pretty lights... and was locked away in his mind, unable to serve its purpose.

A piece of Nuclear Chaos, trapped in a simple, exceptional chimp.

Personality

Ham is a good chimp. He does as he's told and tries his best, though motivating him with an nice juicy apple or some sliced bananas is likely to get him working a bit harder. He's fun loving, easy going, and likes to explore.

The thing in his brain, that unnatural dyestuff, is similarly simple. Being a mindless piece of an already dull-minded entity, it acts as an extension of Ham's will, glowing from his eyes and mouth when Ham wishes to release it.

Class Skills

Existence Outside the Domain: C
    Ham is a normal chimp. He wouldn't even be eligible to be a servant if not for the outer god he has in his noggin... as it's such a small piece, however, his Existence Outside the Domain ranking is fairly low.

Independent Action: A
    The color is a potent source of energy all its own, not quite magical but strong enough that its exact nature doesn't matter, and it serves as a suitable replacement for a Master's energy in times when it's, for whatever reason, necessary to exist without access to one.

Riding: B
    As his primary claim to history was being the first primate in space, that manifests as Ham's riding skill. Specifically, as an extension of his high Luck, even vehicles that should stop functioning or horribly crash will be made to run fine while Ham is riding them, and he will emerge unharmed.

Personal Skills

Mad Inducement: A
    If Ham so chooses, he can leak the color from his mind through his mouth and eyes, causing all those that see it to fall under its effects. This is similar to the Mystic Eyes skill, except that one does not need to see his eyes for it to take effect-- just observe the color they release. Those affected will have all parameters ranked down, as well as lose their reason. Those with strong mental fortitude may manage to keep their wits about them, however. Also, Servants who possess the Mad Enhancement Skill at rank B or above will instead have that Skill activated, leading to their usual increase in stats and loss of reason.

Pioneer of the Stars: B
    As the first ape to enter space, Ham proved that it was possible for man to do the same safely and, indeed, helped pioneer the entire Space Race that eventually lead to the first humans on the Moon. Due to the brevity of his mission, however, it's at a lower rank than one might think.

Animal Communication: A
    As a chimpanzee, once believed to be the 'missing link' between man and beast, and truly the most exceptional chimp to ever live at that, Ham possesses the ability to both perfectly understand humans, and communicate flawlessly with animals, as an extension of that 'missing link' belief.

Inhospitable Mindscape: EX
    Due to having in a manner of speaking 'tamed' an Outer God and locked it in his head, Ham is almost entirely immune to any mental attacks or magecrafts, as his mind contains a far more hazardous existence already.

Noble Phantasms

That Blasted Heath
    A Frightful Messenger from Unformed Realms of Infinity

Type: Anti-Life

A Bounded Field released in the form of a chromatic vapor, primarily in the uncolor of the Outer God, from Ham's mouth, which quickly falls through the air and, upon contact with the ground, 'infects' it. It spreads quickly, at a rate of perhaps a foot per second, for sixteen minutes and thirty-nine seconds total, after which it will disappear instantaneously. The effects of this field spread to anybody who touches the ground, or anything else it has spread to. Upon infection, the color causes non-primate animal life to quickly begin withering and, soon, dying, reduced to a fine grey ash in about a minute. Plant life will grow rapidly, over the course of about three minutes, before 'bursting' into that same grey powder, dead. Humans and other apes, however, go mad, convinced they are in the best shape of their life despite their bodies withering away like rotten fruit. The longer they are under the effects, the more violent their madness becomes, eventually turning them into blathering savages who will lash out at anything they see, just as their bones start to decay and their flesh starts to melt off. The entire process takes about five minutes.

The effects of That Blasted Heath do not harm Ham or his Master, and use of this Noble Phantasm requires Ham stay completely still for the duration. Should he move from the initial point of usage, the Noble Phantasm will end prematurely. Anything that is under the effects of That Blasted Heath but still lives when the Noble Phantasm ends will be restored to their prior state, as good as new.

Mercury-Redstone 2
    To Boldly Go Where No Ape Has Gone Before

Type: Vehicle

The crystallization of Ham's status as the first ape to leave the planet, Mercury-Redstone 2 is a perfect replica of the rocket that took him past the sky. Ham rides this duplicate upwards at 5,857 mph, and the ship will proceed to land wherever it is Ham wants to go, without issue. Upon making landfall, an unknown man manifests beside the capsule and gives Ham an apple, before the happy chimp exits the pod as if nothing happened.

Last edited by kiwi; November 18th, 2019 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    tbh the Lovecraft crap ruined these sheets

Child of The Lonely World
    The Little Match Girl
    L M G.jpg

Class: Caster
    Qualified Classes: Caster, Assassin
    True Name: "Well, It doesn't really matter"
    Origin: Danish Fairy Tale
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Attribute: Man

Parameters
    STR:
    E
    AGI:
    E
    END: D-
    MANA: C
    LUCK:
    E
    NP: D

Background

The Little Match girl was a story as written by prolific author Hans Christian Anderson. It tells the tragic story of the title character, a young girl alone on Christmas eve. Desperate and penniless, she tries in vain to sell of her wares to people who pay her no mind. Afraid to return to her abusive father, she takes shelter on the street, and burns her scant few matches to keep warm through the night.

Ignored by the people and world around her, her only source of warmth and comfort comes in the twelve matches she carries. And its in these flames that she catches glimpses of her desires. She sees a warm and inviting Christmas dinner, a gorgeous tree, a life she could only wish for. So engrossed was she with these hopeful visions that she continued to burn through her supply of matches. As she does, she watches a falling star, a sign from her deceased grandmother that tells her someone is going to Heaven.

When the next match is lit, the little girl sees visions of her beloved grandmother. The only person in the world who had given her love and care. Unwilling to let the vision fade, she burns away all her matches to keep her grandmother's flame alive. And when that final match is burned away, the little match girl simply passed into the next life, taken to Heaven on the wings of her grandmother.

And the world around her knew nothing of her struggle, or her passing.

Personality

The Little Match Girl, despite the sadness of her tale, comes forward as a warm and caring young girl. She prefers not to focus on her story, and instead of what she can do now as a heroic spirit. Although she lacks the power typical of her class, she nevertheless will do her best to make both hers and hers masters wishes come true. She wants for nothing, being content with the simple luxuries of the world. Reflecting on her own passing, she's extremely compassionate to those in similar conditions to her own, and will use her limited abilities to entertain and delight children.

Birthday:
    Unknown
    Dislikes: Indifferent Individuals
    Talents: Self-Destructive Frivolity
    Natural Enemy: No One in Particular

Class Skills

Item Construction (False): D
    A Skill that acts as an equivalent of Item Construction due to the user's lack of magus aptitude. Where normally this skill would denote wants ability to manufacture magical items, in Caster's case it denotes her ability to acquire mundane objects. In a life of poverty, one learns how to get by. This manifests as a supernatural luck for scrounging and searching among garbage and refuse where others would find nothing. Because of its low rank, only items of especially little value can be acquired.

Territory Alteration: C+
    An alternative Caster class skill used to create an environment more hospitable for those within. In Caster's final moments, her use of her bundle of matchsticks to stave off both the cold and aloneness are the most defining parts of her tale. This is sublimated into this skill, which while it doesn't garner advantages in magecraft, it does make any space more comfortable for herself. This skill is further bolstered when she is able to use it in an area where she can start a flame.

Personal Skills

Clairvoyance (Desire): D
    A variant of the clairvoyance skill that does not aid ones eyesight, but instead allows one to see what they want to see. It is a skill granted to Caster in accordance with the visions she experienced in her dying moments. So long as Caster creates a large enough flame, anything can be projected, so long as she desires to see it. It's mostly used in conjunction with her Territory Alteration to create visions of warm and inviting scenery. Caster makes liberal use of this skill to comfort herself, but it can be used to create illusions to fool her enemies. Not that Caster would think of this idea on her own.

Discernment of the Poor: E
    Insight to see through an opponents character and attribute. But because of Caster's inexperience with people, and her childish naivety, it's at the lowest possible level. The ability to see through surface level deceits becomes possible with great concentration.

Acceptance of Tragedy: C
    A skill befitting of one whose tale was told by Hans Christian Anderson. It denotes one as having their fate handed down to them, and their own unerring belief that their story will end the same way even as a heroic spirit. At this rank, it acts similarly to a low level version of both Mental Pollution and Bravery, giving Caster the gumption and determination to walk headlong into war, unswayed by words or misfortune. For what fear is there in a tragic ending, when one already knows it's coming?

Worthless Existence: B
    A cheat skill composed of Powerless Shell, Presence Concealment, and Weak Constitution. It denotes Caster as someone so helpless and unimportant, even striking her down is not worth your time. Enemy masters will even have a difficult time recognizing someone as pathetic as Caster as a Heroic Spirit. That is, if they even notice her at all. Even Caster's master may need convincing to see her anything more than a particularly sad Familiar. The weight of Caster's tragic passing weighs heavily on her mind, even if she tries to put on a brave face. This skill brings that pathetic, depressing reality to the forefront of her existence, warping the world and people around her to look away from such a sad and sorry sight. Servants possessing Mental Pollution, Madness Enhancement, or similar skills will be unaffected.

Noble Phantasms

A Life Burned Away, One by One
    The Final Bundle
    Rank D, Anti-Reality, Suicide

A noble phantasm that comes into being the moment Caster is summoned, taking the form of a dozen or so simple matches. These are different from the matches that Caster can find with her Item Construction skill. They act as a powerful catalyst for desire, in conjunction with her Clairvoyance skill, to make reality from illusion. It can be seen as a cruel prank by the holy grail, turning her instruments of tragedy into a micro-grail of their own. By alighting one of her matches, Caster can create minor miracles from the visions she sees within them. While this will usually result in the creation of simple pleasures, should she be supplied with enough mana, and enough desire, even minor heroic spirits can be created from Caster's memory. Because of its low rank and Caster's own meager mana supply for her class, the creation of particularly powerful phantasms is incredibly difficult.

Unfortunately, with such unlikely power comes an immense cost. The moment Caster lights the first match, it will become increasingly difficult to stop her from lighting further matches. She will attempt to chase after that warmth and pleasure that comes with using this noble phantasm. And when the last match is burnt, Caster will rapidly drain her own mana reserves until she is unable to maintain her physical form, and she will vanish without a trace.

Illusionary Road to Heaven
    Shooting Star
    Rank C+, Support, Anti-Army

A unique Noble Phantasm which acts independently of Caster. Taking the form of shooting star, this Noble Phantasm is deployed as Caster grows nearer and nearer to death. Under the light of the star, which Caster believes to be the soul of her dear grandmother, Caster receives a rank-up to her Mana parameter and to her Acceptance of Tragedy skill, while also suffering a rank down to her Endurance. In effect, this will cause more self destructive use of her The Final Bundle Noble Phantasm, and making use of it to create more powerful wish fulfillment, even if it means marching into her own untimely death. If certain conditions are met, her abilities are increased even further, allowing for something close to true thaumaturgy to be performed upon her final matchstick.

But its' true effect only becomes realized once Caster has been slain. The shooting star will once more streak across the sky, and come the morning after her death, all those who had been effected by her Worthless Existence skill will find themselves swallowed up in grief and guilt. This is akin to a high-ranking mental influence magecraft that brings anguish to those who would let such a sad soul die unloved and unwanted. A rank down to all parameters is inflicted, and all the miracles created by Caster's other Noble Phantasm are returned to nothingness. Truly, a fitting end for a pathetic servant who could never amount to much...

Last edited by 7thSonOfSons; September 17th, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    tbh the Lovecraft crap ruined these sheets
    i hear your complaint and elect to ignore it

Quote Originally Posted by 7thSonOfSons View Post
    Child of The Lonely World

Very good, really dig the personal skills and the noble phantasms!
    Last edited by kiwi; September 18th, 2019 at 03:26 AM.

That Ham sheet is great, and what i thought was just a prose piece until I remembered you can hide text like that.

Glad you like it! Now, for something much, much dumber, and very, very goofy.

El Enmascarado de Plata
    EL SANTO

Class: Ruler
    True Name: El Santo
    Origin: Historical Fact - México
    Alignment: Técnico

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: A
    AGI: A
    MGI: E
    LUCK: C

Height: 175 cm
    Weight: 95 kg
    Dislikes: Evildoers
    Talents: Wrestling

La Biographía
    Ruler was born September 23, 1917 in Tulancingo, Hidalgo. He was, is, and will forever be the most famous, influential luchador of all time. He is El Santo.

He started his 50 year wrestling career as a rudo, a villainous force that the crowd loved to hate, winning match after match and earning a reputation for his skills in the ring. Eventually, in 1946, he turned that into genuine love after winning his first World title, by defeating several international contenders to become the NWA World Welterweight Championship. Having defeated wrestlers from around the world, the people saw him, despite his heel ways, as a defender of the pride of México. With a Boston crab that caused his final opponent to submit, he won the match, won the title, and won the hearts of his people. Chants of "Santo! Santo! Santo!" rang out through the arena, signalling the start of his rise to the status of national hero.

Years passed, his career had its up and downs, he took some time to wrestle in Texas... and then he returned to México and, along with his tag partner Gory, he defeated the up and coming "Los Hermanos Shadow", comprised of Black Shadow and Blue Demon, sparking a rivalry that culminated in the most important mask vs mask match in lucha libre history, El Santo vs. Black Shadow, which ended in El Santo unmasking and humiliating Black Shadow... and earning the wrath of Blue Demon. See, there's nothing worse you can do to a luchador than remove his mask, it's the greatest shame one can endure. And thus, that feud lead to Santo's most infamous defeat, though his mask was not removed. Still, despite the loss, it only contributed to his unprecedented rise towards stardom. All the while, he continued battling international foes to defend the pride of his nation, as well as began to star in comic books and other merch, even starting a film career that ended up spanning over 50 movies, propelling his myth even further.

In 1962, El Santo went técnico, which is to say he officially transitioned from a 'villainous' wrestler to a heroic one. After all, he was far too beloved to be hated. His first match as a técnico was incredible, and he displayed such amazing skill and ring knowledge that he earned a standing ovation. In 1963, he and Blue Demon set aside their differences and teamed up for the first time, something they'd do several more times over the years, but never regularly. Still, they are remembered as one of the greatest tag teams of all time.

Eventually, in 1982, he retired due to declining health, going out with a bang in one last tag team match with his old friend Gory. His son, known as Hijo del Santo, debuted and continued his father's legacy. In 1984, Santo appeared on television and, to the surprise of everyone watching, unmasked himself. A bit over a week later, he died of a heart attack. He went down in history as a loving man who gave to his community and those in need, to the point where some would call him 'the Saint who will never be canonized', an excellent showman, and, of course, the greatest luchador to ever live.

But why is he a Ruler?

Yes, his fame is incredible, and yes, his myth and mystery are substantial, but under most circumstances this alone would not be enough to ascend to the Throne of Heroes. No, certainly not. Especially not for one so recent. The what is it, what allows him to be summoned as a Servant, let alone as a class as important as Ruler? Perhaps it's because he's so beloved by so many that his spirit has surpassed that of a human? Perhaps it's due to the claims that 'As long as there is lucha libre in México, there is El Santo'? Could it even be the simple fact that his name literally translates to 'the Saint'?

Well, as with lucha, the mystery is part of the fun, isn't it?

Personalidad
    El Santo is, first and foremost, a hero. Though Rulers are supposed to be impartial, El Santo is anything but, coming to the defense of the weak and innocent and punishing the wicked with extreme prejudice. Though, since he himself was once a rudo, he knows the difference between true malice and those with hearts of gold beneath a facade of false wickedness.

Otherwise, he's quite personable and friendly, generous, and above all else, humble almost to a fault. All in all, a saintly man.

Habilidades de su Clase
    True Name Discernment: C
    El Santo's variant of True Name Discernment is special, in that it comes with a qualification: In order to discern the true name of an opponent, he must 'unmask' them. That is, he must defeat them in even combat.

Territory Creation: EX
    Instead of a Temple or Workshop, El Santo can manifest a nigh-indestructible regulation wrestling ring in which to do battle with his opponents. This ties into his Noble Phantasms, detailed below.

Magic Resistance: B+
    Due to his focus in life on fighting mano y mano, without much reliance on flash, and additionally thanks to his cinematic history of battling magical or otherwise supernatural foes, El Santo has a natural resistance to all manner of 'hocus pocus'. When in a wrestling ring, this Skill ranks up to a solid A.

Habilidades Personales
    Máscara de Plata en la Pantalla Plateada: A+
    El Santo's illustrious film career, upon his ascension to the Throne of Heroes, has become part of his 'legend'. That is to say, he gains strengths based on the many films he starred in, which are some of the most important pieces of cinema in the history of México. It was once said by foreign film aficionados, "Santo represents the perfect hero fighting against evil". As such, this Skill manifests as him gaining an advantage in combat against any foes that fall into various categories based on the most common villains in his films, or those that are heavily associated with applicable categories.

Examples include, but are not limited to, zombies, lycanthropes, mummies, Frankenstein's monsters, extraterrestrials, criminal masterminds, witches, Nazis, jaguars, murderers, and vampires (especially vampires). Please not, however, that if Santo is not aware of the opponent's falling into one of these categories, the buff he receives against them is significantly lessened.

Lucha Libre: EX
    His technical skill in life was, admittedly, inferior to that of his contemporaries such as Blue Demon, and his record was far from undefeated, but the legend of 'El Santo' as the greatest luchador to ever live has manifested as a Skill in the fighting style that is almost Divine. In a one-on-one wrestling match, he has no equal, and can defeat any foe.

Battle Continuation: B
    El Santo wrestled for five decades, even towards the end of his life as his health declined, to the point of returning to wrestle again after suffering a heart attack in the ring. As such, his determination and dedication to the craft has manifested as the Battle Continuation Skill.

Charisma: A
    Though he was, self-admittedly, not nearly the most charismatic wrestler of his era, his popularity and universal adoration even to this day counteracts that, resulting in the development of the Charisma Skill.

Tesoros Heroicos
    Or 'Noble Phantasms', for the gringos out there.

La Leyenda de Plata
    I Am Nothing but a Faithful Servant of Justice and Good

Type: Passive/Anti-Treasure
    This is El Santo's primary Noble Phantasm, which is continuously active from the moment he's summoned. La Leyenda de Plata manifests as his signature, legendary silver mask, said to have been passed down for centuries. Through it, he gains several abilities. For instance, the mask is entirely indestructible-- even if El Santo himself is reduced to ash, the mask will remain. Furthermore, El Santo can force his opponents to fight on his terms, through the manifestation of the ring he creates with his Territory Creation Skill. Fights that take place in this ring are officiated by a spectral referee, who will ensure that things remain on the up and up by severely reducing the Parameters of those who break the rules of lucha libre in his presence. Crafty enough foes, however, may be able to avoid being seen cheating.

It is only through matches held in this ring that El Santo can potentially lose his mask, and only if he's defeated fairly. Otherwise, it's completely, utterly irremovable by any means. He would sooner lose his head entirely than the mask. However, a luchador only wagers his mask if something of equal value is on the line for his opponent, and this is no exception-- should he successfully pin his enemy, he will learn their True Name and the identity of their Master, as well as rob them of their Noble Phantasm. He can't use it, obviously, but neither can they. The only way to get it back is to win it back from him, fair and square.

If his mask is rightfully stolen, however, El Santo is done for. A luchador's mask is his life, and in this case, it's somewhat literal. Should he be successfully unmasked, El Santo returns to the Throne of Heroes, defeated.

Quebradora de a Caballo
    The Submission Hold of the Wrestling Saint

Type: Anti-Unit
    His second Noble Phantasm, and more active than his primary one. It's rather simple compared to the flashier Noble Phantasms exhibited by other high-level Servants, but it is just as effective. El Santo grapples with his opponent and gets them with his signature move, the Camel Clutch, a submission technique pioneered by his longtime friend and tag partner Gory, and made famous by El Santo. Though smarks may scoff at it, and call it impractical, it works like a charm as Santo's Noble Phantasm.

Once successfully executed, El Santo will hold his opponent in the lock until they submit or, if it's too early in the match for that to be exciting, break out. The harder they struggle against him, however, the more agonizing the hold becomes for the victim, until, eventually, they'll simply lose consciousness.

Last edited by kiwi; September 18th, 2019 at 02:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    El Enmascarado de Plata El Santo
    Don’t know if this is the first El Santo sheet, but I really like what you did with a relatively recent person which an interesting life. My only point is that I think you missed a chance at giving him a personal skill that acts as a true name concealment, since he went through his whole career without taking off his mask? Either way, really smart design with the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Don’t know if this is the first El Santo sheet, but I really like what you did with a relatively recent person which an interesting life. My only point is that I think you missed a chance at giving him a personal skill that acts as a true name concealment, since he went through his whole career without taking off his mask? Either way, really smart design with the sheet.
    I'd considered such a skill, actually! The only problem was it felt... kind of unnecessary, cuz the mask and penchant for lucha would probably give away his identity as El Santo pretty quickly, haha. Glad you like the sheet, though!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Must say, Achilles would LOVE this guy, and I wonder how his wrestling arena and Achilles' own dueling NP would interact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Must say, Achilles would LOVE this guy, and I wonder how his wrestling arena and Achilles' own dueling NP would interact.
    Now I wanna see someone write this!

Blog Entries
    Servant Berserker:

Appearance:

True Name: "Robert Hubert"

Alignment
    : Neutral Mad

Strength- B+
    Agility- A+
    Endurance- A++
    Mana- C+
    Luck- E
    NP- A

Personality
    Due to Mad Enhancement and the constant pain of being burnt alive, Berserker lacks much in the way of a discernable personality. The only emotions he shows are that of fire itself, an all-consuming mad rage that drives him to burn and destroy all he can see. Due to his contract Berserker identifies only his Master as "someone who shouldn't be burnt". However, if he loses himself in his rampaging even this loyalty might be forgotten.

Due to his current state, it's unclear what Berserker's wish on the Grail is. The fire in him would desire to grow and spread without limit, consuming the entire world and reducing it to an everlasting inferno. However, whatever remnants of humanity linger inside Berserker have a different wish. To uncover the "truth" behind the Great Fire, finding out once and for all who or what was responsible for that dreadful disaster. In doing so, the mysteries fueling Berserker's own existence would finally be extinguished, and he could at last perish peacefully from the World. Latom.

Dislikes: N/A
    Talent: to spread and burn
    Natural Enemy: fire fighters

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement- A+

A Skill that characterizes the Berserker Class. Raises parameters in return for a loss of sanity and/or hindering mental capacities. At this rank, all parameters are ranked up, but most of one's reason is lost. Whatever human nature Berserker originally possessed has been scattered to ashes. What remains is only a fire that exists to burn and consume.

Personal Skills:

Innocent Monster- EX
    A Skill for one whose true existence and attribute has been distorted by the false reputations and gossips accumulated over the course of their life and hereafter. The Servant's abilities are altered to conform to the specifications of their legend, without regard for the person's actual will or appearance. In Berserker's case, the various conflicting rumors regarding the Great Fire of London have completely consumed his human self.

Instead of the Heroic Spirit Robert Hubert, it would be more accurate to call Berserker a personification of the great fire itself.

Infernal Constitution- A

Denotes that one's body has become living flame. Being made of fire, Berserker is hard to permanently damage, his fiery body constantly reforming when attacked. Only destroying his spiritual core can bring Berserker down for good. However, that isn't much of a blessing. Berserker constantly feels the pain of being burnt alive. This agony stokes his Mad Enhancement and drives Berserker into a constant destructive rage.

Berserker can also expel the flames composing his body in powerful jets or lob them at his enemies as balls of fire. Put simply this grants Berserker an equivalent rank in the Skills Battle Continuation and Mana Burst (Flames). As a drawback (or perhaps, a mercy) of his unique physiology, Berserker is extremely weak to water-based attacks.

Thousand Faces- C

Berserker can assume the form and identity of any of the people thought to have caused the Great Fire of London. He can also grant himself any Skills they possessed, albeit weakened to E-rank. Berserker's ability to make use of these Skills is largely constrained by his loss of sanity. However, he can be "coaxed" to use them to the fullest with the aid of a Command Seal.

Berserker's default form is Robert Hubert, a French watchmaker executed after falsely confessing to starting the fire. This gives him the Espionage Skill, based on Hubert's claim that he was sent to England as a spy. Berserker can also transform into King Charles II, who allegedly set fire to London out of revenge for his father's execution. Here he gains Grace Of God and Imperial Privilege as Skills. Another identity he can take on is the philosopher Thomas Hobbes, born from rumors that he caused the Great Fire. This grants Berserker the Skill Incitement to reflect the philosopher's famed oratorical prowess.

Insatiable- A++

The nature of a fire to grow stronger the more it burns. Berserker's physical parameters rise the more destruction he causes and the more resources he burns. There's no upper limit to this increase, so Berserker could become a truly terrifying Servant if allowed to run wild in a major city. This Skill also serves as a form of Independent Action, allowing Berserker to literally fuel himself off of the destruction he wreaks.

Noble Phantasms
    Jehoel Infernalis
    The Heavy Hand Of God For Our Sins

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the belief that the Great Fire of London was a divine punishment for humanity's sins. Given Berserker's lack of sanity, a Command Seal from his Master is needed to invoke this Noble Phantasm. Upon doing so, Berserker will transform, becoming akin to an angel. Four seraphic wings of fire erupt from Berserker's upper back, and a heavenly sword of golden flames materializes in his hand.

This Noble Phantasm seals Berserker's Thousand Faces Skill, as it asserts a single possibility of his identity over others. In return he gains Divinity at rank B and Avenger at rank C. Berserker's fiery sword is itself a B-ranked Noble Phantasm, expelling great gouts of flame when swung through the air and dealing additional damage against Evil-aligned enemies. His Mad Enhancement also changes, as instead of causing wanton destruction Berserker becomes obsessed with seeking out sinners to punish. Due to his greater reasoning ability in this form, he might be called even more dangerous than his usual self.

Thus his Master had best be extremely cautious in invoking this Noble Phantasm. The only thing scarier than a mad beast is a smart one...

Conspiratorial Blaze
    My Flames Shall Never Die

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Identity

Even after the Great Fire was finally extinguished, nobody ever found out who or what caused it. The true cause of the blaze remains a mystery to this day. This Noble Phantasm embodies the concept that, since the true culprit of the fire was never found, it could be "anyone". When Berserker is killed, anyone who witnesses his death must pass a Luck and mental resistance check. If one of them fails, they'll be chosen as the new avatar for Berserker.

Unquenchable flames erupt around the unfortunate target's body, scorching away their flesh and bones and turning them into a beast of living fire like Berserker himself. The victim then gains all of Berserker's parameters, Skills and Noble Phantasms, ready to begin his reign of terror anew. This allows Berserker to possibly revive endlessly after being killed as long as he has more victims to overtake.

This Noble Phantasm targets anyone who witnesses Berserker's death, including humans, Heroic Spirits and even his own Master. Thus when fighting Berserker it's best to kill him away from where many people can see. As it only affects those who "witness" Berserker's death, this Noble Phantasm can be evaded by simply closing one's eyes while doing the deed.

However, doing so would obviously depend on being aware of this Noble Phantasm's true nature ahead of time...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this was a really weird idea I came up with. I had the idea of a Servant based on all the nameless/forgotten arsonists who were never caught in history. I actually researched a few great fires throughout history to see which one would be the best candidate, and ultimately decided on the London one. I considered the Great Chicago Fire too at one point, but there just didn't seem to as much mystery/rumors surrounding that one, and world-0 had already written up a pretty good Catherine O'Leary sheet based on the concept of an "unknown/scapegoated arsonist" that I didn't want to rip off. Also, no points for guessing what anime I was referencing with this sheet.

As usual, comments and critiques would be duly appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Blog Entries
    Jehoel Infernalis
    The Heavy Hand Of God For Our Sins

Slightly stupid question, but you mentioned that this causes a transformation for Berserker. Is it a permanent transformation, and, cause Berserker is smarter in this form, can he turn it off himself. Also, kinda new to anime so could someone tell me the reference(Probably shot myself in the foot with that)

Either way, cool idea, kinda reminds me of an earlier servant who was basically the manifestation of Russian Winter, Major Frost I think? It would have been kinda obvious, but did you think of giving him a Marble Phantasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking of it, its also interesting how you came up with the Saint Graph, I'm guessing the Endurance is cause how long the fire lasted, the Strength from it burning down a huge part of London, and Agility, from it out passing the people trying to stop it.