Page 171 of 782 FirstFirst ... 71121161166169170171172173176181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Post it too, the more the merrier.

As for the Divinity thing, I was doubting between Cú Chulainn's B and Karna's A (both sons of a sun god).
    Because it seemed like he was considered a mortal, and he didn't seem to have any innate cool powers, I went with B.

If he exhausts the time limit, he dies, but nothing forces him to keep it up for so long.

Thanks for the more accurate translation, Seika.

HIC·SITVS·EST·PHAETHON·CVRRVS·AVRIGA·PATERNI
    QVEM·SI·NON·TENVIT·MAGNIS·TAMEN·EXCIDIT·AVSIS

...I guess the colloquial equivalent would be "at least he went out with a bang"?
    Last edited by aldeayeah; November 14th, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    magnis tamen excidit ausis.
    great* but he died recklessness*

*these go together.

Basically, it depends on how you take a certain word in the Latin: does it refer to the verb (he died), or the adjective (great)? And the word-position is forced, so that doesn't help in deciphering it. The tone of the sentence is also obviously impacted by which you choose to believe it goes with: whilst ausis is very rarely positive, its meaning could at least be moderated if it's meant to refer to something halfway admirable (and that's all Phaethon's trip can be really, given that it nearly killed everything). So you get 'at least he died when he did this great outrage' or 'he died but it was a magnificent recklessness'.
    So the Latin can carry both meanings? Thanks. That clears that up.

At LEAST HE WENT OUT with a bang
    At least he WENT OUT WITH A BANG
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 14th, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    ...I guess the colloquial equivalent would be "at least he went out with a bang"?
    I guess? With the overtone that it's not really the sort of bang you should be going out with, even if it was impressive (i.e. mad drink/drugs party -> overdose, not heroic sacrifice killing hundreds of your enemies).

I mean, I quite like poetic translation you found: whilst it stresses a balance upset where Ovid didn't, subscribes to one interpretation over the other, and is still subtly different to even the positive interpretation, it's a better translation than mine is. I mean, I'd personally prefer to read something strictly accurate, but what I'd prefer to read doesn't change what's better when you're considering translation itself. And even though it loses a bit more than even a more relaxed translation should, it reads clearly and well. That's important.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asdfghl View Post
    Pretty cool, but what does it actually do (As an attack)? Not that piloting a starship (aha see wat I did thar) isn't awesome enough, but an attack might spice it up. Does it ram enemies? Is the ship an instrument of fate, and thus it smashes those with E rank Luck? Can Jason summon it directly on top of an enemy and crush them to death? As a constellation, does it have extra power when visible and in the proper hemisphere? Can he just summon sails and fly around with them? Can he do Very Limited Blade Works style sword shooting with the armory?
    Sure, basically it can do what Drake's can, so shooting random swords is fine.
    But since all heroes need to be able to fuse their powers to create a super power, that'd be the unspoken power and purpose of the Argo that Jason learns after watching countless Power Ranger episodes.
    The whole point is it's verstility, for example, since you can just summon parts of it, you can reinforce Jason's first NP with it, to make Supra-Plough, or use the wood as an Aias like shield, or like you said, dump it onto someone.
    It's more like there's not much point in using the ship in the first place, but the sum of the parts is better than the whole.
    Drowning someone in the bilge for example or using the sails as a diversion, or using the ladders to get some painting done.

Argon Coin is Medea's second personal skill.
    You can smelt it for coins.
    Just like how Atlanata's golden apples are also a skill.
    And you can smelt them for coins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    @ You - I liked your Jason. He has such... I'm going to say character because I can't think of a better way of saying it, but I can picture him as a living, breathing human being who I may have met or might meet. Kind of wonder why this incarnation of him was unfaithful to Medea as he doesn't come off as such a huge jerk. I like how you had his high LCK work against him since he should have been fated to have a glorious life (reminds me of that one joke post about how Gil has Rank A LCK because his "fate" was to steamroll every HGW he participates in, but he somehow always blows it due to his arrogance).
    Mhmmm, that what were I got it from.
    This Jason was unfaithful to Medea because a hero needs to end up the ruler of a country. Medea was getting him no where on that, so he dumped her, because you know, he's the hero, and hero's gotta do what a hero's gotta do.
    Basically, he's obessed with the idea of being a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Post it too, the more the merrier.

As for the Divinity thing, I was doubting between Cú Chulainn's B and Karna's A (both sons of a sun god).
    Because it seemed like he was considered a mortal, and he didn't seem to have any innate cool powers, I went with B
    Karna and Herc get A because they ended up gods after their death. Cu didn't so he gets B. Gilgamesh's is just weird.
    Last edited by You; November 14th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    So ... how would a more than 10.000 year old character orginally apperantly not nativ to the earth like Eirin from Touhou transfer into the Nasuverse?

Blog Entries

Itachi Uchiha

Class: Assassin (False)
    Titles: N/A
    **True Name: Itachi Uchiha
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background/History: A wraith spawning purely from the fame of the manga and anime “Naruto”, Assassin has no ‘true’ history. However, his memories and the visions his Master would receive are based on his life therein. His nature is an enigma, even to himself. “Chaotic Neutral” is almost the only “truth” he holds.
    -Note: This Servant does not have the Sharingan and the Yata Mirror. Due to the removal of his eyes posthumously, the container summoned cannot hold the Sharingan. Not only this, but neither are attributed as being significant to him. In essence, they could be considered “locked” or purposefully non-existent.

Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C+
    Mana: C
    Luck: C

Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills

Presence Concealment is the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common skill to the Assassin class.
    **C - It is possible to temporarily disappear and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Personal Skills

Independent Action is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master.
    **B - Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. The Servant can live on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.

Instinct is the power to "feel" the most favorable developments for oneself during battle.
    **B- - Refined sixth sense that approaches precognition; however, Assassin suffers from vision loss when he uses this Skill, denoting the “-”.

Noble Phantasm

**Sakegari no Tachi - Sake Cutting Longsword
    Type: Anti-Unit

The crystallization of what Assassin holds a sense of accomplishment in - protecting his brother, especially at the cost of himself. Not just once, but on at least seven separate occasions.

Sheathed in a sake jar, the blade is actually the liquid inside the gourd that is released and shaped, rather than a conventional sword. It is an ethereal weapon, with an enchanted blade capable of sealing anything it pierces. Those who are stabbed by the sword are drawn into the jar and trapped in an illusion-like "world of drunken dreams"; by extension, it can remove curses and cancel possession. It can also cut through objects like a normal blade, thereby giving Assassin great versatility in his attacks.

-Notes: This Noble Phantasm is entirely useless on Servants with Magic Resistance C rank or higher, or those with mental or spiritual defenses and resistances. Should Assassin meet his demise and have used this on a Servant, the Servant will be released, but with permanent ranks down in Agility and Luck.

Key Word “Wraith”: If a hero of fictitious origins is summoned for any reason, a Wraith of an individual that possessed traits similar to that fictitious hero will be created to temporarily play his role. This is not the case for “Itachi Uchiha”, an anomaly among Wraiths.

xxxxxxx

Yes, I did this. I am proud of it, too; I believe I did decently with all things considered.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 14th, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Karna and Herc get A because they ended up gods after their death. Cu didn't so he gets B. Gilgamesh's is just weird.
    Gilgamesh became the judge of the dead when he died. Also Gilgamesh.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Another Achilles

Yes, it's another Achilles. The profile is near ready for posting, so I'm putting this bit up in the hope that someone can help clarify it.

Also, it is a genderflip. I originally wanted to have male Achilles raised as a girl (and who continued the crossdressing just because Nasuland needs non-reverse traps), but female tsundere Achilles just wouldn't get out of my mind...

Meilinon Enkhos (I hope that's how you conjugate it, but I don't think it is. Please correct me.): The Spear of Ash

B: The spear of Achilles that wounded Telephus. It was given to her father, Peleus, by Hephaestus, the God of Smiths, as a present commemorating his wedding to Thetis. Knowing the Greeks would eventually find Achilles, and wanting her to have some way to protect herself, Peleus entrusted the spear to Odysseus, merely hinting that it was special. Coincidentally, it became the weapon that revealed Achilles, and she carried it with her out of sentimentality, never learning of its true history.

When Achilles struck Telephus with [Spear Name Here], the resulting wound refused to heal. Telephus consulted an oracle, who told him that what hurt him could heal him. Odysseus suggested that they shave off a sliver of the spearhead, and Achilles refused. Eventually, with much prodding and bribing, Achilles eventually agreed to chip a tiny splinter off the shaft, which she immediately goes to the weapon-smiths to repair. Odysseus touched it to the wound and Telephus immediately was healed.

Either
    This spear inflicts wounds that can only be healed by reapplication of the spear.
    Or
    This spear inflicts damage that cannot be healed except by breaking it, and Achilles can choose to break the spear and heal any one wound, not just one the spear has caused. However, once the spear is broken, it (A. Loses two ranks. or B. Becomes unusable due to Achilles refusing to use a marred weapon; this era does not have the proper tools to fix it.).

(I know that some versions involve the rust on the spearhead, but, whatever else this Achilles does, she does not let her weapons ever get rusty.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Gilgamesh became the judge of the dead when he died. Also Gilgamesh.
    2/3 God, 1/3 man. They believed that any male who copulated with the female around the same time also fathered the child.

Also, Hero!Jason and Kiritsugu could be amusing, with the personalities clashing. Or you could have him get summoned by Shirou for whacky hijinks/both getting themselves killed pretty much immediately.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 14th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

I'm well aware of that and I'm sure that's part of it as well. I was just responding to why he somehow could have more Divinity then heroes who later became gods.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

I just wanted to get it out there. I generally see B as being 1/2 god, and Gilgamesh is nearly, all things considered, a full god. (or he would be if he didn't hate them.)

Blog Entries
    Well, hopefully some of you thought I did at least "okay" on Itachi. XP

Revised WIP List
    :
    1. Caster, Ruler - Solomon
    2. Archer, Berserker - Arcas
    3. Avenger - Pandora

[edited] Decided against designing profiles for Noah, Longinus, and Cleopatra VII Philopater.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; November 14th, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I have a half-done Longinus.

Longinus
    I'm playing with the idea of some Magus trying to summon Jesus, slicing a bit of old rust off the tip of the spear. After a strangely long interval of time, he summons Longinus instead. Longinus is oddly reluctant to fight, but it gets chalked up to his going soft after killing Jesus...

The Roman legionnaire who pierced Jesus's side with his spear.

Alignment
    True Neutral

Statistics

Strength D
    Endurance C
    Agility D
    Luck D
    Magical Energy A (Waaaaaay higher than expected. Over Ciel-level in life, although he never used Magecraft.)
    Noble Phantasm EX

Class Skills

Magic Resistance
    The ability to resist Magecraft.

D: Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance is at the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Low, although it is surprising that it even exists.

Personal Skills

Saint
    Signifies acknowledgement as a Saint.

In this instance, the skill increases the damage this Servant does to any Servants with the specific Divine attribute (Christian) that this Servant follows.

Clairvoyance
    Eyesight beyond normal means.

C: At this rank, it is capable of keeping track of fast-moving object within a range of 4kms. This Servant's eyes were said to be healed by divine blood, and as such, gained perfect function. Strangely high for its source legend.

Vitrification
    A serene state of mind. A mental protection that nullifies mental interference.

A- : This Servant is always calm and serene. However, in the case of him hearing any sort of insult to IslaJudeoChristianity, this skill loses its effects. The Servant will speak of the debt he owes Christ for saving him and healing his sight. Was the calm state of mind gained through a hardened heart and many days of executions, or is it a glimpse of something else?

Noble Phantasm

Lancea Longini:

EX: The spear said to have pierced the side of Jesus Christ. It became a Conceptual Arnament. It carries the concept of natural lifespan, allowing it to impose the idea of a limited time of existence upon immortal beings. Its power also grows with the target's connection to a Planet, and thus, amount of Grain. A True Ancestor would take very high damage from this weapon, as would a Dead Apostle, due to their links to celestial bodies. It is unknown which of these two attributes caused the other due to legends, if legends caused either of them. However, against humans, it is "only" a sharp, Noble Phantasm-level spear. A sliver of the head of the spear was in the hands of the Church, and the rest appears to have made its way to ATLAS, where it was used to form a gun. This gun carries both of its properties at a weaker level, and at least one replica, although it is even further downgraded, is confirmed to exist.

(I've got this ridiculously impractical idea that Gaia eventually made her TYPE-Earth, except he didn't turn out quite the way she intended.)

Reformatted as per I3uster's request.
    Last edited by Asdfghl; November 14th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just saying that regardless of quality you should format that better. A bit bolding and underlining is always nice to make it feel more sheet-like and not just like a wall of text.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    The Freeshooter

Name:
    Unknown
    Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: None
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: E

Background:

The Freeshooter, more accurately known as Freischütz in the native Germanic tongue, is a folktale of a hunter who makes a deal with the devil to gain magical bullets, perfect for hunting elusive prey and gaining fame for performing impossible shots. As a folkloric creation, there never was a single specific Freischütz in history, but rather a number of simple huntsmen who did make some form of deal, contract or desperate plea to any number of demons, faeries or other nonhuman beings for assistance in their hunt. As a result of there never having been a single famed freeshooter there was never a Heroic Spirit who reached the Throne, but there are a number of wraiths who fit the description of the freeshooter well enough to be called upon with the correct catalyst or an incorrect ritual. This particular wraith, as a normal human, was notably weak and would never have stood a chance at even becoming a wraith were it not for the demonic contract that keeps a copy of his spirit lingering in the records, and it is only through the base parameters of the Archer container boosting up his levels that the Freeshooter is able to even rank at a superhuman level.

Morose and grim, the Freischütz is a simple man with not much to say in a world far beyond his own little sphere of forest hunting. He misses his wife terribly and feels a deep guilt and self-hatred for it was his own magical bullet that killed her, as the devil’s payment for giving the hunter the bullets in the first place. He is a religious man as well, and deeply mistrustful of anything that might be construed as demonic or evil, but aside from all of his layman’s baggage the hunter has a genuinely good heart, and is honest and direct about his intentions. His great wish is to slay the demon that gave him the enchanted bullets in the first place.

Class Skills:

Magical Resistance [E]: The minimal level of magical resistance, forcibly provided to the hunter by way of the Archer class. It will not stop any magic at all, but can lessen the effects of weaker magecraft somewhat.

Independent Action [D]: Freischütz was a hunter and as an Archer manages some degree of independence from his Master but he has a low enough Magic parameter that even then he can’t last more than an hour without a supply of prana.

Personal Skills:

Clairevoyance [E]: As a hunter, the Freeshooter has a talent for picking out small movements and oddities at a reasonable range. He is able to notice even small movements within a hundred meters of himself and has superior visual perception, being able to see accurately out to about half a kilometer. Additionally, he has a slightly greater ability to see through obstructions such as mist, foliage or other non-solid interference than normal humans.

One With Nature (Forest) [C]: The hunter is intimately aware of the conditions of European-style forests and can use this to his advantage to blend in and better conceal himself in such environments, as well as track others through forests. Additionally, his ability to avoid or escape movement-constraining techniques is enhanced somewhat while in a forest.

Noble Phantasm:

Der Freischütz
    The Devil’s Hunting Bullets

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: Aside from the hunting knife that the Freeshooter always carries on him, this is the only real weapon he has, as the devil’s contract requires that any projectile weapon he uses should become the magic bullets that were given to him. To this end, the hunter does not actually begin with any bow or gun, rather it must be supplied to him after he has been called upon. Any projectile weapon he uses automatically becomes this Rank C+ Noble Phantasm, and he has no choice in the matter. Each projectile he fires bears the demonic concept of “hitting the target” and as such the Phantasm functions much like Gae Bolg, materialising in a killing strike and then unwinding back to the point of firing in a variation of inverted causation. After the fact the whole scene is reversed and played out in a format that allows perception of the altered reality as a normal timestream, essentially like watching a video in rewind. Because of how the projectile manifests first in the killing point and then unwinds before the whole scene is reversed there are very few Phantasms that can defend against the bullets. To do so would require strong conceptual defenses such as Godhand or its ilk.

However, there are other ways to avoid the killing strike. Firstly, much like Gae Bolg, one can overturn their fate by having a high enough LCK parameter, with Rank C being sufficient to give the Servant a narrow chance at attempting a saving throw. Rank A LCK will always guarantee a saving roll can be made, but does not guarantee the outcome of the roll in and of itself. Secondly, as a demonic enchantment, it is possible to avoid being killed, or perhaps being hit altogether, if one has high enough ranks in Protection of the Faith, Saint or other skills related to overcoming demonic taints.

The greatest downside to this Phantasm is that when the deal with the devil was first struck, seven bullets were cast and the devil claimed the last as his own. After six projectiles have been fired by the Freischütz, the seventh will, without fail, warp reality so that it kills his Master instantly and causes him to vanish moments after, completely negating his Independent Action skill. He will never fire the seventh projectile of his own volition, and only something on the level of a Command Seal can prompt him to fire that bullet, but unfortunately the curse of the magical bullets means that the Freeshooter is completely incapable of telling anyone the conditions of the seventh bullet until after it is fired, or revealing his nature as “Freischütz”. He can only hope that any Master, upon finding out his identity, will bother to research the folklore enough to figure out the terrible curse laid upon the seventh bullet by themselves.

Notes: Everybody loves a Servant that can potentially one-shot every other Servant in a war, right? Right? Okay, that's a lie, but this one I think is interesting enough and has enough of a downside on him that he'd make an interesting Servant nonetheless. Weak, no weapon aside from his limited-use Phantasm, somewhat easy-ish to avoid the killing shot. There are probably other ways to avoid the killing shot that I didn't list or think of, and if even one shot misses he's pretty much screwed unless he's willing to take other Servants on with his hunting knife.
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 18th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heh, I actually made a Kaspar in this thread once but it's a bit simpler than this one NP-wise. Nice work.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Yeah, what can I say? I like to fluff out my NPs, especially when they're pretty much the only point the character has going for him.

I ended up throwing in a whole lot of extra conditions because I thought "Wouldn't he just tell his Master that he can't fire the seventh shot, explain why and then they'll never ever bother with that last shot?" so I wanted to make sure that doesn't happen. Also it isn't the opera so much as the original folklore that has no real evidence for casting more bullets. Plus the "six bullets for six Servants" thing just works out nicely.

Blog Entries
    If the Irish is chock-full of Lancers, then India is chock-full of Riders and Archers. And Rider-Archers. Anyway, here's one from Mahabharata, with a touch of Java.
    ==================

Shalya
    "I don't have the heart to oppose you, my nephews, but it is dharma. Let us do our best in the coming war."

Image (c) Incross @ Deviantart

The King of Mandraka, and beloved uncle of the Pandava brothers.
    Shalya was the son of Prabu Mandrapati, the king of Mandraka, and older brother to Madri. He was someone who likes to show off, but on the flipside he is a benevolent and capable ruler. As the uncle to the Pandavas, Salya was going to cast his lot to them in the war, but was tricked to side with Kurawa's army because Duryodhana needed every advantage he got. Though weary at heart, he did what he has to do...

Possible Class: Rider
    Master: ???

Parameters:
    * Alignment: Neutral Good
    * Noble Phantasm: EX
    * Strength: C
    * Endurance: C
    * Agility: C+
    * Mana: A
    * Luck: E

Class Skills:

* Riding A+
    This skill represents the expertise to ride animals and vehicles. At this rank, Shalya can use creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

* Magic Resistance C
    This skill grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Important to note that the term "verse" seen below refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of two verses is equivalent to a Six-Line incantation. At this rank, Shalya's resistance can cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals still cannot be defended against with this low rank, though.

Personal skills:

* Military Tactics A
    This skill represents tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. With this high rank combined with his NP, Shalya ostensibly could have turned the tables on the Pandava and won the Bharatayuddha.

* Charisma B
    This skill represents the natural talent to command an army, which increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, Shalya's rank is suitable for a king of a country.

Noble Phantasms:

* Vimana [Chariot of The Sun]
    Anti-Army
    Target: Up to 200 in a given time
    The chariot of The Sun God Surya himself. A four-wheeled golden chariot pulled by four spectral warhorses, Karna given Shalya the reins because he has to concentrate on his battle against Arjuna and Shalya has a reputation of a great charioteer. Little do Karna knew, Shalya is secretly still harboring allegiances with the Pandava side, so he and Krishna (at that time Arjuna's charioteer) unoficially teamed up (by way of body-language and subtle signing) to tip the balance to Arjuna's favor. Shalya is not the rightful owner of this chariot, so its power is diminished; however, being among the few mortals who has commanded the chariot in its time, he earned the right to use this as his NP. Though not by much, Shalya's agility improves if he's commanding it, giving him an extra edge in battle.

* Chandrabairawa [Limitless Army]
    Anti-unit (summoning)
    Target: (summoning)
    Shalya's ultimate Noble Phantasm. He summons an otherwise mundane-looking seven-feet tall Ashura, with the ability comparable to a low-ranking Heroic Spirit. However, this Ashura is special: for every drop of its blood spilled to the earth, another will sprung forth. Thus, if fought recklessly, Chandrabairawa will quickly overwhelm any army. Combined with Shalya's leadership and skill in warcraft, Chandrabairawa has ample chance to quickly defeat a metropolis on its own. They are also fanatically loyal to Shalya, even sacrificing themselves to protect him. The initial prana requirement is quite high at first, but as their numbers rise Shalya would find the prana strain lessen as the Ashuras soak up a little prana from the surrounding. For its properties, one can consider this NP as a form of Reality Marble.

==================
    Shalya is practically a min-maxed Iskey, but hey. The legend's like that.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; November 15th, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Hindu mythology has great Archers and Riders. I'm still puzzling over exactly how to make Eklavya a badass Archer when his whole schtick is that he can't shoot because Arjuna was an asshole and got his teacher to cut his thumb off.

I mean, you could always do an NP where his thumb magically rematerialises briefly and he rapes you with the force of a thousand Archers, but seems a bit predictable.

Of course, even without a thumb it's actually not all that hard to learn to shoot again, but Eklavya's tale is great just because of Arjuna being a dick.

As for Shalya, he seems interesting enough. Was he the final person who Karna rode with, because the implication I seem to be getting from this bio is that Karna's curse of getting his chariot bogged was really just Shalya being a treacherous bastard. If so that's kind of cool, though it sort of goes against Karna's curse in all but the strictest sense of the word.

I always find it amusing how none of the Indian heroes seem to use Vimanas anything like what Gil rode in F/Zero, I guess ancient nuclear fighter jets aren't as cool as flaming horses galloping across the sky. Or at least I assume they're flaming, being the chariot of the sun. You didn't actually mention how he attacks while in the Vimana, so there's that.

As for the Limitless Army, that's... quite the powerful ability. I am less familiar with that aspect of Hindu myth so I can't comment on how well it works that way, but I'd assume that it is an absolutely massive prana hog. Each of those beasts sounds pretty ridiculous, even if they are somewhat supplemented by mana from the land around them. Maybe a tad overpowered, particularly when paired with Military Tactics.

Oh yeah, finally, what does he normally fight with when he's not riding around in a Vimana? You haven't mentioned that at all and as a Rider I can't make an assumption on his default weapon.
    Last edited by Vagrant; November 15th, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Yeah, Hindu mythology has great Archers and Riders. I'm still puzzling over exactly how to make Eklavya a badass Archer when his whole schtick is that he can't shoot because Arjuna was an asshole and got his teacher to cut his thumb off.

I mean, you could always do an NP where his thumb magically rematerialises briefly and he rapes you with the force of a thousand Archers, but seems a bit predictable.

Of course, even without a thumb it's actually not all that hard to learn to shoot again, but Eklavya's tale is great just because of Arjuna being a dick.
    In the original version, he aligned himself to Kauravans and then died in the war against another side-character. It think it was Drishtayumna or another of the Pandava's lesser allies, i'm not really sure. But hey, at least he has a cool elephant to ride in battle.

In the Javanese Mahabharata, it's arguably worse. Ekalavya basically switched to being a Saber after the whole archery debacle, and inherited a magical ring that prevents him to die if he is killed. After that, Arjuna molested his waifu (long story; she got surrounded by asura while journeying to the mainland and asked help from a meditating Arjuna, Arjuna interpreted this as 'i'll give you thank-you fuck you after this is all over', that bastard) so Ekalavya got up his ass and pwn'd Arjuna so badly that the guy died of BSoD. Krishna took pity on Arjuna, casted resurrect on Arjuna (and he still BSoDs, that bastard), and then accompanied Arjuna (who is too knightly to do it alone, that bastard) in assassinating poor Ekalavya through guile. They impersonated Drona and told him to cut off his magical ring, and after that Arjuna stabbed him in the back (that bastard). For extra irony points, his wife discovers the treachery and committed suicide in front of the still-cloaked Arjuna and Krishna.

The guy's my favorite Mahabharata character.

So yeah, Ekalavya's luck is Lancer-level even in life. The only thing preventing him to be one is that he doesn't have a NP lance. You could spin him into a Rider or Saber, depending which path you took (i went the Javanese path and made him a Saber/Archer).

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    As for Shalya, he seems interesting enough. Was he the final person who Karna rode with, because the implication I seem to be getting from this bio is that Karna's curse of getting his chariot bogged was really just Shalya being a treacherous bastard. If so that's kind of cool, though it sort of goes against Karna's curse in all but the strictest sense of the word.

I always find it amusing how none of the Indian heroes seem to use Vimanas anything like what Gil rode in F/Zero, I guess ancient nuclear fighter jets aren't as cool as flaming horses galloping across the sky. Or at least I assume they're flaming, being the chariot of the sun. You didn't actually mention how he attacks while in the Vimana, so there's that.

As for the Limitless Army, that's... quite the powerful ability. I am less familiar with that aspect of Hindu myth so I can't comment on how well it works that way, but I'd assume that it is an absolutely massive prana hog. Each of those beasts sounds pretty ridiculous, even if they are somewhat supplemented by mana from the land around them. Maybe a tad overpowered, particularly when paired with Military Tactics.

Oh yeah, finally, what does he normally fight with when he's not riding around in a Vimana? You haven't mentioned that at all and as a Rider I can't make an assumption on his default weapon.
    Shalya attacks in Vimana by trampling, like Iskey's wheels. Indian chariots is generally a two-man machine, with one guy steering (in this case Shalya) and one guy manning the guns (Karna), so if it's a one-man chariot then trampling is the only way to attack. When he's not riding in Vimana... eh, i guess like Iskey he has some unnamed sword to bash things though Indians are partial to maces (Nakula/Sahadeva are Sabers, but swordsmen themselves are said to be either rare or cannon fodder).

As for how Karna died, well, there are elements of everything really. Shalya meddling, curses from various sources, loss of Vasavi Shakti the previous day, and inability to use Brahmastra for fear of reality imploding (both Arjuna and Karna had Brahmastra, and Brahma himself stated that two instances of his weapon absolutely mustn't collide) all contributed. There's a reason why Karna is a Lancer after all.

As for Chandrabairawa? I think it's justified because Shalya nearly won the war with it. Outnumbered. Outgunned. And yet he nearly won, and he only lost due to Yudhistira asking nicely in the end (he gently refused, and Yudhistira is forced to stab him anyway). I agree that it is a prana hog, though not as exhaustive as the Gatotkaca i made due to the semi-cloud nature.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; November 15th, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    Freischütz seems like the perfect candidate for 'weapons are now what make you famous, the weapon would be that which ascended to the Throne'.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair