Page 197 of 782 FirstFirst ... 97147187192195196197198199202207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

夜属 Nightkin
    I agree with fighter. Due to the fact that 'combat' pretty thoroughly covers "armed fighting" in its entirety, I think that having "Fighter" be the class for those who "do battle without arms (in the sense of weapons)" is pretty appropriate.

For those who fight "without arms" literally, we can use the class amputee.

Honestly I think almost all heroes who fall under "fighter" or "striker" are fine as Berserker anyway, so the need for this class is pretty low.

If we are looking for a "cool" name that gets across the point I think Skirmisher is waaaay cooler than "striker".

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What about Dueler?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What about Bueller?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Eh, Berserker doesn't really work. It's a separate thing. The big gimmick is being crazy, not fighting unarmed (as evidenced by Zero Berserker and EXTRA Berserker). I'm sure you could, but then you have to deal with the fact they're insane, which doesn't really work usually.

Blog Entries
    What I meant by Rujhapala's true form is the weapon Karura (the girl in the linked pic) is holding. Nagagini is the snake-chick on Bhima's pic in the profile. Sorry for the ambiguity.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    What I meant by Rujhapala's true form is the weapon Karura (the girl in the linked pic) is holding. Nagagini is the snake-chick on Bhima's pic in the profile. Sorry for the ambiguity.
    Coincidentally, Karura has the exact same problem as Bhima. A Karura Servant profile would be awesome lol. She's the most badass character in Utawarerumono.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    I model that part of the NP after her, actually. I was playing fast & loose with both the canons to put Bhima in the Saber class. He could be a Berz, but it's a bit of a waste fluff-wise. He's basically an Iskey-sized hammy superb cook.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    For me, Fighter is too generic, since pretty much all these heroes are fighters, and also I have some pre-existing concepts of the Fighter thanks to various RPGs that just use it as the title for a generic weapon-wielding warrior. Also, while I could (and for any setting sticking explicitly to the seven classes, would) stick unarmed warriors in the Berserk class, even then they wouldn't really be viable because if you're sticking to the canon then Berserkers have to have gone mad during their lifetime.

Oldest concept for Striker was anyone fighting using blunt-force weapons like hammers, maces and the like as well as the blunt-force of unarmed combat techniques, but there are so few of those warriors in history/myth that I scrapped that and just gave it an unarmed skill instead.

Nah, blunt weapons makes sense then. It's not just unarmed combatants. Though I think if this was an RPG I think you could get away with unarmed combatants and blunt weapons being unique, but you don't see too much of either in legend, yeah. I have a hard time thinking of too many of either category really.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Oldest concept for Striker was anyone fighting using blunt-force weapons like hammers, maces and the like as well as the blunt-force of unarmed combat techniques, but there are so few of those warriors in history/myth that I scrapped that and just gave it an unarmed skill instead.
    That criteria is actually pretty good. You'd be surprised at how many (some admittedly fairly obscure) heroes are famed for mace techniques in Mahabharata/Ramayana; as a comparison, only two Vedic heroes are especially famed for their swordsmanship (Nakula & Sahadeva). The best kung-fu masters used bare hands, which is 'blunt' too... and you could find them quite abundantly if you look close enough (Li Shuwen is actually fairly new as a hero, dig deeper and you'll get names like Fong Sai Yuk and Wong Fei Hung; Samson is a good western counterpart). Also, you can take the Chinese Martial Arts skill and spin it so that it comprises barehanded martial arts as well, so it can be a good class skill; blunt weapon users get Eternal Arms Mastership as a class skill, and you can add a corollary that they are the best experts of said weapons for their time.

I think your concept could be made into a viable class.

Blog Entries

Oddman's Servant Series | Special Entry: Caster

Caster

© hanaosutarou

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Stats:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Item Construction: A++
    Capable of producing Mystic Codes equal in power to Noble Phantasms rank C (Max B)* C+ (Max B+) for Mystic Codes with a Religious origin and under.

Territory Creation: B
    Creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible, in which all created Mystic Codes receive a rank-up.

Personal Skills:

Charisma: C+
    Regarded as a Holy Man during his life, he was loved by many, and was able to win over the hearts of even the most pious, even convincing sailors who were on a voyage to deliver wheat to the Emperor to supply a village with two-years worth of wheat, which mysteriously, when they docked at the capital, weighed exactly the same as when they first set sail, before they ever met Caster.

Discernment of the Poor: A
    The insight to see through the opponent's character and attribute. He will not be deceived by excuses and deceptions from words. It expresses the power to grasp the true nature of the opponent possessed by Caster, who, in life, was purported to posses the ability to see through any form of lie or deception, from the schemes of a butcher selling off the meat of slaughtered young boys as pork, to seeing the innocence in three men, saving them from execution under false pretense.

Magecraft: B+
    Because of the many miracles attributed to his intercession, he was often hailed as a "Wonderworker". In truth, these miracles came from his extensive knowledge of Thaumaturgy. At this rank, he is capable of preforming High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft.

Saint: A
    indicates being acknowledged as a saint. the ability of saint includes raising the effectiveness of Holy Sacraments, increased rate of recovery from wounds and the regeneration of Prana, and Rank-Up to Charisma.

Noble Phantams:

Ζητούνται ή δεν είναι δικό σας
    Gift of the Venerable Saint

Type: Anti-Unit
    Hailed for his generosity, even taken to inhuman extents in myths that originated after his death, this conceptual Noble Phantasm allows him to rid an enemy servant of the burden of one of their Noble Phantasm's, and replaces it with one of the Mystic Codes he has crafted, completely relinquishing ownership of the magical tool and passing on full control of it's ability and knowledge of it's use to the enemy servant. The affected Noble Phantasm is rendered unusable, and disappears for the duration of the war.

Real Identity:
    Saint Nicholas also called "Nikolaos of Myra", was a historic 4th-century saint and Greek Bishop of Myra in Lycia. Born a Greek in Asia Minor during the third century in the city of Patara, which was a port on the Mediterranean Sea. The only son of wealthy Christian, he was very religious from an early age, and, according to legend, was said to have rigorously observed the canonical fasts of Wednesdays and Fridays. His wealthy parents died in an epidemic while he was still young and he was raised by his uncle, who was the bishop of Patara. He tonsured the young Nicholas as a reader and later ordained him a priest.

While his interest in Religion was genuine, his true passion lied elsewhere, namely in the strange arts and rituals preformed in secret by his Uncle. While a Priest to the public, in reality he was an accomplished Magus, dedicating his life to the discovery of "The Root", what was believed to be "God" at the time.

Many legends about him still exist today, one such tells how a terrible famine struck the island and a malicious butcher lured three little children into his house, where he slaughtered and butchered them, placing their remains in a barrel to cure, planning to sell them off as ham. Saint Nicholas, visiting the region to care for the hungry, not only saw through the butcher's horrific crime but also resurrected the three boys from the barrel by his prayers.
    In his most famous exploit, a poor man had three daughters but could not afford a proper dowry for them. This meant that they would remain unmarried and probably, in absence of any other possible employment, would have to become prostitutes. Hearing of the poor man's plight, Nicholas decided to help him, but being too modest to help the man in public (or to save the man the humiliation of accepting charity), he went to his house under the cover of night and threw three purses (one for each daughter) filled with gold coins through the window opening into the man's house.

- - - Updated - - -

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU CRAZY YET LOVEABLE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!* I say this with all the love in the world
    Last edited by Matsu; December 26th, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.
    Now, drink up! Surely you know, there’s always the best time to be had
    in that dangerously intoxicating state, right on the border of consciousness.

Blog Entries
    You forgot Territory Creation. With the corollary that he can only construct it on a sufficiently snowy terrain.

Though his NP is a bit weird here. Can Nic manufacture things for his own use? Because locking people out of their phantasms don't win the war, unless he can do it in secret without the original owner knowing. If Nic can do that, he could be the perfect Servant for Kotomine. Just think of the possibility... Candy Cane of Promised Victory? Sock of Babylon? Sekitan Gaeshi? Gingerbread Breaker? The possibility of trolling is endless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    You forgot Territory Creation. With the corollary that he can only construct it on a sufficiently snowy terrain.

Though his NP is a bit weird here. Can Nic manufacture things for his own use? Because locking people out of their phantasms don't win the war, unless he can do it in secret without the original owner knowing. If Nic can do that, he could be the perfect Servant for Kotomine. Just think of the possibility... Candy Cane of Promised Victory? Sock of Babylon? Sekitan Gaeshi? Gingerbread Breaker? The possibility of trolling is endless.
    That was sacrificed and more focus put on Item Construction. Also, the snow and stuff belongs, along with tales of reindeer, with his mythological counterpart.

And yes. Any of the NP's that he creates can be implemented for his own personal use, or given to his Master, or his Master's familiars if they are capable of using them, or used for his Noble Phantasm.

Locking other's out of their NP's won't win the war, but with a little luck, having every servant in the war in possession of effectively useless NP's while he still can use one's of at best C rank could win the war... Ok, with a lot of luck. This is less-serious than my others, but I tried to at least make it... Eh, acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

>The possibility of trolling is endless.

That's what I had in mind, hahah oops, I mean, hohoh
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.

Blog Entries
    Actually, Santa's Workshop... Fit for a magus... ok, added.
    Last edited by Matsu; December 25th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

夜属 Nightkin
    when it comes to martial artists, I have always looked at it with the perspective "If you can't engineer a really creative way to get them into an existing class, then they clearly weren't cool enough to worry about."

As gilgamesh being archer shows, it doesn't matter what someone's skills actually do, it matter how the grail chooses to interpret it. If a martial artist is able to strike like a blade with his fist BOOM he's a saber now. If he is able to use his Ki as a projectile BOOM he's an archer now. If he went on a rampage during his lifetime, or was known for getting angry BOOM he's a berserker now. assassin is obviously easy since we have a 'canon' example (it IS extra though...). If he was known for strikes that pierce like a spear-tip BOOM he's a lancer now. If he was known for his ability to utilize his energies or meditation to due miraculous things BOOM he's a caster now.

Rider is the one class that would be really hard to bend a martial artist into, though I doubt it is impossible (maybe he wrestled a magical bear, and made it his companion, and now he uses it as a mount).

With the classes as they exist and a judicious use of artistic license it is already fairly easy to make most martial artists who would be capable of being heroic spirits fit an existing class. The only thing that makes it difficult is the artistic license part, as not everyone wants to go through the work needed to make it seem plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddman, assuming you were intentionally trying not to have any legend overlap with the santa I already did, then I apologize for stealing his most outrageous myths/stories from your use (the cowing of a dragon, and the destroying of athena's temple were just too awesome to pass up when I looked at them).

For Nicholas I think str C is way too high, he should be an E in everything except for mana and luck (which should both be A, a lot of his life was "amazing set of coincidences benefits him greatly" especially the tale of how he became Bishop). There are really no stories that speak of his incredible physical attributes (and E rank is enough to be able to crush a skull with one's bare hands which seems like it is probably already higher than what he was capable of), everything is about his miracles (mag and luck), and piety (not an attribute).

Blog Entries
    I was not aware that you've created any Saint Nicholas servants, but I suppose you are right a out the strength thing... But it would be bad in a battle even if the other servants are locked out l their NP's and given useless one's... Unless... He could create Mystic Codes that ha effects such as upping a parameter when used, only done realistically, like I at a time so he wouldn't seem OP'd... That would work. For example, a B+ rank NP rank Mystic Code with Holy attributes that upped his strength parameter by a Rank... Ok, revised.

Eh, even if you can force someone into one of those classes, I'd rather create a new class that fits the Servant more. *shrugs* Just my personal thought on it, but then again part of why I like Regalia so much is the new classes. And not like classes beyond the original seven don't exist already as it is.

Blog Entries
    Seriously, can someone please tell me where I can find info on these special classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddman View Post
    Seriously, can someone please tell me where I can find info on these special classes?
    They don't exist. Other than the seven main classes, there's Avenger (FHA), Ruler (F/A), Saver (EXTRA), Monster (EXTRA) and Beast (Prototype).

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Blog Entries
    What about the Regalia one's?