Page 225 of 782 FirstFirst ... 125175215220223224225226227230235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Friends don't let friends project ThePaperMan's Avatar
    I suppose as a Saber he wouldn't normally have access to his mount unless special conditions are met. I'll just drop the horse.

Better?

Saber: Roland, Knight of Charlemagne, Paladin of the Franks
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Hero of the Song of Roland, The Orlando Innamorato, and The Orlando Furioso, this knight is one of the greatest in European literature. Nephew of Charlemagne, Roland was a hero that went on a great many adventures with the Twelve Paladins of France. In the legends, it is stated that Roland fell in love with the princess Angelica. Maddened by her elopement, he began a rampage throughout Europe, destroying everything in his path. He was only stopped by his friend Astolfo, who brought his sanity from the moon, saving his mind. Roland went on to do many heroic deeds, and finally met his end at the hands of his step-father. In an ambush planned out by Ganelon, Roland and his army were attacked and defeated, Roland calling out on his Oliphant too late to save his army. He hid his treasures, the Oliphant, and his blessed sword Durendal, beneath his body, and died beneath a pine tree, facing Spain. Although recorded as a male, the Servant summoned was a woman, disproving history. Her Master cannot guess her true identity, or the other contestants. It is not until Durendal is used that it becomes clear that she actually is Roland, and what she is capable of.
    Stats:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: B
    Knowledge: D
    Noble Phantasm: A++
    Class Skills:
    Riding: A+
    Magic Resistance: B
    Personal Skills:
    Charisma: C
    Guardian Knight: C: this stat was originally A, but due to Roland’s own doubt of her abilities following her army’s defeat, its rank has been lowered.
    Protection of the Faith: B
    Noble Phantasms:
    Durendal, The Peerless Sword
    (A++), Anti-Fortress: The sword of Roland, presented to Charlemagne by an angel, and gifted to Roland. It is rumored to have once belonged to the great hero Hector, and it is said that no blade can match it. When swung at full power, the sword completely destroys whatever it comes into contact with. The sword is capable of destroying great sections of land, carving La Breche de Roland when he attempted to destroy it. The weapon itself consumes large amounts of prana when used at full potential, and any consumed in the full force of the swing must rely on their luck, or die to the blade. Due to the nature of the blade, it cannot be used as a Broken Phantasm. If it is attempted to be used as such, whatever the blade comes into contact with will instead be destroyed in its place. It is imbued with three blessings which make it invincible.
    Oliphant, Instrument of War
    (B), Anti-Army: Calls forth the Emperor’s army to Roland’s aid. The army’s might is concentrated into a blast that scatters enemies and destroys the battlefield which expands in a small radius around Roland, leaving a crater in the area of its use. Any not struck by the blast feel a compulsion to flee. This Noble Phantasm is normally ranked A, however due to Roland’s hesitation to use it, its rank has been reduced.
    Last edited by ThePaperMan; January 30th, 2013 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    our point is not the ,ount and the class, but that an NP must be something that really embodies a heroe's legend. (except for Hassans.)
    if i say "Macedonia", the first you think of is "alexander". (except if you had an unforgettable holiday there or something.)
    if i say "Excalibur", you instantly think of the artus-saga.
    when i say "tenka fubu", you instantly think of Nobunaga.

but when i hear "bruno the warhorse", i dont instantly think "roland".

and when anyone hears "summoning War Elephants", the think of Hannibal, not Roland.
    thats basically it.
    Last edited by Break; January 29th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

I gotcha. Even though he did receive the horse with Durendal, not many people would think of the horse before they think of the Holy Sword. And yeah, Soul of the Martyr was a bit out of place. Anything else that seems like it needs fixing?

Blog Entries
    The problem here is that he's a Saber

Berserker or go pls

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    The problem here is that he's a Saber

Berserker or go pls
    >Berserker Roland
    I seem to remember a guy on /tg/ doing a profile of that. Sweet Jesus that dude was scary.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Roland ties Achilles again for most profiles with this addition.

4 to 4.

Blog Entries
    The balance is preserved.

Black Glass Zombie Ramesses Obsidian Pharaoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    our point is not the ,ount and the class, but that an NP must be something that really embodies a heroe's legend. (except for Hassans.)
    if i say "Macedonia", the first you think of is "alexander". (except if you had an unforgettable holiday there or something.)
    if i say "Excalibur", you instantly think of the artus-saga.
    when i say "tenka fubu", you instantly think of Nobunaga.

but when i hear "bruno the warhorse", i dont instantly think "roland".

and when anyone hears "summoning War Elephants", the think of Hannibal, not Roland.
    I dunno, that kinda doesn't seem right when it comes to the Nasuverse. I mean, when I say "Pegasus" do you instantly think of Medusa? Or when I say "can master any weapon" do you immediately go "Lancelot"? Or better yet, do you equate "dagger of treachery" with Medea? The same goes for Iskander's chariot, almost all of Apocrypha Astolpho's NPs (one of which is actually just a horse-thing, btw, so you can just have a mount as a NP), almost all of Apocrypha Atalanta's NPs too, and many more examples I can't think of right now. You just have to admit that a lot of NPs are based on pretty minor or downright obscure parts of their heroes' legends.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cu Chulainn took it because he just wants to fight strong heroes again, that was pretty explicit and you deserve a slap for not remembering it since it was his entire motivation.
    Geez, that was rude. Sure, he liked fighting, but can you quote the part where he said that's his whole motivation?

Because all I can remember is this:

Don't treat me like you. I've never had any interest in a second life. …No, no hero is interested in such a thing.
    We're not attached to this world. We're just attached to the oaths we couldn't fulfill.
    Well, I guess a greedy apparition like you wouldn't understand.
    And this:

There was this warrior woman named Scathach in this place called the Land of Shadows. I heard rumors that she was strong like a monster and many warriors went over to be her apprentices.
    Anyway, she was dangerous. By the time I got there, she quit being human. ....She ended up that way because the Land of Shadows is close to the world of spirits you see. She basically turned into a guard that warded off the dead.
    There were even some near-gods among the dead.
    She was able handle shutting them in with a human body.
    It was a long time ago.
    "It seems that I might have been hoping that I would be killed by ye!"
    Speaking gently, the witch of the land of shadows smiled as if to pray.
    It had been, surprisingly, the time he had taken the cursed spear.
    The witch had ceased being mortal.
    Excelling in both the martial ways and the arcane, she had slashed through far too many men, gods, wraiths.
    The woman Culainn had recognized as being his one teacher was stricken with a fate in which she could not even choose to die.
    Her realm would one day be separated from the mortal plane to become a land of the dead.
    The reward of one who comes to close to the gods with the body of a mortal is elevation, exile, into a region neither of this world nor of the world of spirits.
    "Ah, such a predicament. To think I could have saved myself the trouble had I died earlier."
    The witch laughed in the garden of her somber castle.
    It was spirited laughter, the type he loved.
    Her beloved and still juvenile pupil came to her castle through the shortest journey possible.
    But even so,
    "Perhaps if ye had been born just a little earlier.. Ah, too young, too young ye are."
    She chuckled.
    Her beloved pupil responded to her as a fully matured warrior.
    "Sorry."
    In his own way, he had been trying to hurry through his life but,
    "It looks like I took too many detours."
    ...And as a single man, he left behind regrets with a woman he loved.
    This spear still left behind one regret.
    The cursed spear that stole only the lives of those he loved.
    His one best friend. The son which had been raised from far abroad.
    But before them, it was meant to have killed one woman.
    Yes, his life had been nothing but detours.
    No one could be a replacement for another. But, if there was someone to be saved in the end, then let that unfulfilled regret of youth be cleared right there, right now.
    The ends of his mouth formed into the snicker of determination.
    The spearman looking down at his gorged heart and scowled.
    "Nuts, why don't I ever have any luck with good women."
    As late as it may be, he griped about his destiny.
    (Yes, I'm implying that Lancer's real motivation might have been to stop Bazett from becoming like Scathach.

Or wanting to get inside her pants.

Who knows.)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
    I dunno, that kinda doesn't seem right when it comes to the Nasuverse. I mean, when I say "Pegasus" do you instantly think of Medusa? Or when I say "can master any weapon" do you immediately go "Lancelot"? Or better yet, do you equate "dagger of treachery" with Medea? The same goes for Iskander's chariot, almost all of Apocrypha Astolpho's NPs (one of which is actually just a horse-thing, btw, so you can just have a mount as a NP), almost all of Apocrypha Atalanta's NPs too, and many more examples I can't think of right now. You just have to admit that a lot of NPs are based on pretty minor or downright obscure parts of their heroes' legends.
    well in Iskander's case the Chariot is derived from him doing the thing with the Gordius Knot, and "Gordius Knot" does make me think of Alexander. Pegasus is of course an oddity but i guess thats because it was probably originally planned to go for Perseus (?); not like she doesnt have another very recognizable one there.

the Apocrypha onlinegame prottoype NP's should probably nto be taken too seriously i guess,, though i dotn really remember what those two had in the first place, and i wasnt knowledgeable about Astolfo and Atlanta' legends anyways so i cant say much about that.

as for Rule breaker thats a no-brainer, really Nasus fault for beeing stupidly metagaming when he introduced that. i still dont get why he couldnt at least give her the golden fleece too or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
    I dunno, that kinda doesn't seem right when it comes to the Nasuverse. I mean, when I say "Pegasus" do you instantly think of Medusa?
    Yes, because it was spawned from her blood. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    Blog Entries
    somehow, big-ass Herzerker riding on anything but a giant mecha is a rather amusing mental picture, especially if it entails flying around on a shinign horse maybe half his size at most.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Geez, that was rude. Sure, he liked fighting, but can you quote the part where he said that's his whole motivation?

Because all I can remember is this:
    *quotes*

And this:
    *quotes*

(Yes, I'm implying that Lancer's real motivation might have been to stop Bazett from becoming like Scathach.

Or wanting to get inside her pants.

Who knows.)
    So basically, we can make a valid assumption that any Heroic Spirit with some sort of "regret" left in his life is elligible for being summoned and accepting the summoning, even if they don't have a particular "wish" they want to ask of the Grail.

And what I got from those quotes was that Cu regretted that despite Gae Bolg taking the lives of so many he didn't want to kill, he wasn't able to use it to kill the person that he wanted to, to free her from her immortal life.

I suppose you could say he was projecting that regret into Bazette, but that's a bit of a leap to get to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    We know from F/HA that Rin is more like Scathach than Bazette is, but I'm not sure if that descriptor can be taken to the level of emotional connection that Cu would have about Scathach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say "he left behind regrets with a woman he loved" is pretty blantant. x3

Or do you mean what aldeayeah said about Bazett? Cause in that case, yeah, I also kinda don't see it.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; January 30th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Can't blame you, I also kinda don't see it myself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I'm waaaaaaay too lazy to go find it in FSN, but I know it comes up in there somewhere too. Have the end of his F/UC route.

Lancer: Oh well... It looks like my time is up.

I have to admit that was pretty close though. That jerk was pretty strong for a human.

But at least he got what he deserved. Did you see me, Bazett? The Servant you summoned is really strong, isn't he?

You made a good decision when you picked me!

I still wish I could have helped you get the Holy Grail though...

I don't have any need for the Wish Maker. I'm happy enough to have had the chance to live again and fight to my heart's content.

It's a shame that we didn't get to fight alongside each other, but it was nice all the same. Thank you, fellow Red Branch Knight.

Blog Entries
    If it's in FSN it shouldn't be hard to find, Lancer doesn't show up too often.

First fight against Archer, kills Shirou
    Attacks Shirou again, fights Saber
    Underground church scene (Fate)
    Assaulting Caster's church+Rin (UBW)
    Dies to TA/Shadow (HF)

Maybe I'll try to find it later.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; January 30th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.