Page 367 of 782 FirstFirst ... 267317357362365366367368369372377417467 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,340 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    "Its true power isn’t used against a single lifeform but against the world itself".

It's kind of blatantly says that it's true power can't be used against single life-form It's either retcon, or he meant "all powers which possible" all along.
    Dude, a bomb unlike a gun is something that targets the environment, yet that doesn't mean someone within the blast radious won't get blasted into smithereens.

It's effect is supposed to be on world-wide level, that's for sure.
    Can't see shit captain. Please upload it to something like imgur.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Dude, a bomb unlike a gun is something that targets the environment, yet that doesn't mean someone within the blast radious won't get blasted into smithereens.
    It's not a bomb or gun. It's a Noble Phantasm. Gilgamesh clearly can decide how much damage he is going to inflict (and that seems to be true with many other NPs). So, I don't get the point of bringing up examples where Gilgamesh didn't intended to destroy the world as a proof that Ea can't do it.

Can't see shit captain. Please upload it to something like imgur.
    Can't. It's too big apparently. Well, that's her NP from CCC, where she "envelops" entire planet and then makes ka-boom. Basically, that was the point of Protagonist fight with her, since she was about to bring the Apocalypse. Anyway, it's not like destruction of the world is not possible.

Also, food said that Sarasvati Meltout original usage is basically Instrumentality and it is also classified as Anti-World. So, where are definitely world-wide affecting Noble Phantasms.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; August 12th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

So, as some may remember (or not, probably not) I made a silly joke Fergus a long while back who was genderbent. Well, I got bored and decided to make a more proper male Fergus and keep stuff like Caladbolg's abilities more in line with canon while getting somewhat creative with them since we've never seen Caladbolg function how it's actually supposed to. This is at the moment just some bare bones numbers, thoughts on it would be appreciated I suppose but like I said I mainly did this out of boredom.

Servant:
    Saber
    Identity: Fergus mac Roích
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Statistics:
    Strength: A
    Agility: B
    Endurance: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Riding: B
    Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Creator's Note: I want to add one more skill, though I'm unsure of what to do. Any suggestions are welcome.

Battle Continuation: C
    Capable of ignoring all penalties that damage might cause while still suffering in the end through amassed battle damage. This skill is born through Fergus' act of surviving a lance thrown into his chest long enough to pull it out and throw it back at his fleeing attackers.

Hypersexuality: B
    Because the user's insatiable sexual apatite, the success rate of mental skills decreases considerably when around people that they find attractive due to being distracted with lecherous thoughts and fantasies.
    Creator's Note: I liked Nero's Headache Sufferer skill as it added fluff to the character so I made this. It serves no purpose other than being a fluff skill and actually serves as something of a hindrance in cases. Admittedly, somewhat also meant as a joke as I have a feeling that a Nasuverse Fergus might have his horny side played up more than it actually was.

Noble Phantasm

Name: Caladbolg
    Title: The Spiral Sword (A better title perhaps? Archer's was called "Fake" so it would make sense for Spiral Sword to be a part of it)
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum number of targets: 1000
    Description: A demonic blade used by Fergus during his life.The sword is odd in appearance, its blade a twisting spiral of sharpened steel and overall seems to be improperly balanced for combat, though this doesn't seem to hinder Fergus at all. The blade is considered a natural enemy of Cú Chulainn due a geis placed upon himself that requires him to be defeated once by an Ulster-born warrior wielding the sword.

As a Noble Phantasm Caladbolg is powerful, similar yet at the same time quite different from a sword thought to be derivative of it, Excalibur. When invoked, rainbow colored light spirals around the blade and when swung in an arc the blade releases what can only be described as a giant rainbow-like slash of pure energy. The slash is not simply an attack of pure brute force, though the amount of force is indeed magnificent, the true power behind the attack is its ability to twist and tear the space around it. Flesh, armor, mountains, it does not matter what is caught in the arc's path for all shall be torn into oblivion.
    Creator's Notes: So, this Caladbolg was interesting to think up. Seeing as there's at least a few that theorize that Excalibur is an analogue of Caladbolg, I decided that the two Noble Phantasms could have similar stats. In regards though, Caladbolg is only A so despite having the same type, range and targets Excalibur is more powerful in terms of pure firepower. I kept several things from the canon Caladbolg this time, such as the spatial tearing, the anti-Cú property and the general look because while Archer modified it, it's still called the "Fake Spiral Sword" so that means something about the actual Caladbolg must be spiraled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

英霊 Heroic Spirit
    I like it, the NP especialy not many people pull off anti fortress.
    Hypersexuality LOL, and it fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Gilgamesh is always right, even when he's wrong."

It's not a bomb or gun. It's a Noble Phantasm. Gilgamesh clearly can decide how much damage he is going to inflict (and that seems to be true with many other NPs). So, I don't get the point of bringing up examples where Gilgamesh didn't intended to destroy the world as a proof that Ea can't do it.
    It's an AoE NP. An AoE attack is an attack that spreads within a certain space, it can't be made so it only affects the environment or a person standing in the environment. You don't have any proof Gil can decide what to damage with the AoE attack, that isn't true for other NPs either. Are you telling me that if Lancer used Striking Death Flight he could make it so it does zero damage to the surroundings and only damage the ones he targeted?

Can't. It's too big apparently. Well, that's her NP from CCC, where she "envelops" entire planet and then makes ka-boom. Basically, that was the point of Protagonist fight with her, since she was about to bring the Apocalypse. Anyway, it's not like destruction of the world is not possible.
    So you think Kiara can become as big as the planet? That was probably a metaphorical representation of all lust in the world.

Also, food said that Sarasvati Meltout original usage is basically Instrumentality and it is also classified as Anti-World. So, where are definitely world-wide affecting Noble Phantasms.
    CCC is anti-world too, but there is no mention about it affecting the enitire planet. It's stated to be anti-world because it directly targets the world, that doesn't necessarily means it can affect it as a whole even when using it at maximum power.
    Last edited by Dartz; August 12th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Saber repeatly refusing/being reculant to use Excalibur in places where there might be too much collateral damage backs Dartz´s claim about "AoE NP" up to some degree, I guess.
    Last edited by Schattenbach; August 12th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Are you telling me that if Lancer used Striking Death Flight he could make it so it does zero damage to the surroundings and only damage the ones he targeted?
    I can't really say anything about Striking Death Flight, since it was used only once. On the contrary, Gilgamesh clearly demonstrated that he can control how much power would be used against opponent and it's pretty much evident that every time he uses Enuma Elish, the scale of destruction is different. Not saying that he can control it precisely, but pretty sure that he shouldn't be blowing the world.

So you think Kiara can become as big as the planet?
    Why not?
    The point is what she can do something on global scale, anyway.

but there is no mention about it affecting the enitire planet.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    And, as far as I remember, BB was going to play Armageddon too and that's why Protagonist have to confront her.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; August 12th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

I can't really say anything about Striking Death Flight, since it was used only once. On the contrary, Gilgamesh clearly demonstrated that he can control how much power would be used against opponent and it's pretty much evident that every time he uses Enuma Elish, the scale of destruction is different. Where is only one instance where the target was the world itself and in all other cases he wields it against individuals. So, that's the point of bringing this up?
    Yes, he certainly did. But there is a difference between changing the weapon's power output so that it can deal more overall damage and isolate everything else from being affected besides what he wants to damage despite the attack still being a huge AoE. There is no doubt he can do the former, but the later? Very unlikely.

Why not?
    The point is what she can do something on global scale, anyway.
    Eh, I'm not sure how canon you can say those animations are. How will she become as big as the planet anyway?

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    And, as far as I remember, BB was going to play Armageddon too and that's why Protagonist have to confront her.
    Wasn't she going to do that with the Moon Cell? Don't think it was just Potnia Theron.
    Last edited by Dartz; August 12th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Yes, he certainly did.
    So, yeah. That's the point of bringing up examples where he certainly wasn't going into "I'll destroy the world" stance?
    Where is visible difference about Ea's effect when he targeted the world (Fate/Zero) and when he used it against anyone else, so the latter examples are probably irrelevant.

How will she become as big as the planet anyway?
    Well, power of lust?
    I mean she can throw people into millions of light-years into space. Simply changing her size or doing some weird vodoo Reality Marble-style shouldn't be much of a problem.

So, yeah. That's the point of bringing up examples where he certainly wasn't going into "I'll destroy the world" stance?
    Where is visible difference about Ea's effect when he targeted the world (Fate/Zero) and when he used it against anyone else, so the latter examples are probably irrelevant.
    Except it was explicitly stated he used it at full power both against Saber and in Hollow. The attack in terms of output was the same. The reasonit didn't result in the world-ripping like in zero was because Saber nullified a portion of it. And the scene in Hollow simply proves the attack is not of such a big scale that it would destroy the whole world.

Well, power of lust?
    I mean she can throw people into millions of light-years into space. Simply changing her size or doing some weird vodoo Reality Marble-style shouldn't be much of a problem.
    It's concept space. Besides Kiara's power has nothing to do with Gil's.

Except it was explicitly stated he used it at full power both against Saber and in Hollow.
    Where is significant differences about how Ea was used against Saber and against Ionian Hetairoi. In the first case, it was simply rotating and emitting energy at Saber and that's why he didn't managed to jump back before she killed him (also, Saber used Avalon before Ea rotating reached it's full power) . In the latter he simply swung it aiming to one, the world itself being its target.
    And we know that Ea's true power is used against the "world itself", not a single target, so I am pretty sure they are irrelevant.

And I don't remember that he went full power in Ataraxia. At least, not in the text I managed to find.

Besides Kiara's power has nothing to do with Gil's.
    All I am saying that it is possible to have NP which covers entire world.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; August 12th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.

Where is significant differences about how Ea was used against Saber and against Ionian Hetairoi. In the first case, it was simply rotating and emitting energy at Saber and that's why he didn't managed to jump back before she killed him (also, Saber used Avalon before Ea rotating reached it's full power) . In the latter he simply swung it aiming to one, the world itself being its target.
    And we know that Ea's true power is used against the "world itself", not a single target, so I am pretty sure they are irrelevant.

And I don't remember that he went full power in Ataraxia. At least, not in the text I managed to find.
    There is no difference, the energy emitted is created by the rotations anyway, and it was stated it reached maximum rotations, whereas in IH's case there wasn't such a statement, so if anything the one he used against Saber in Fate was more powerful. Whether Saber used Avalon before or after is irrelevant since the point is, it didn't destroy the world. And again, I'm waiting for you to bring proof that Gil can isolate the surroundings of what he is aiming at from taking damage. But of course, you won't. Oh and he certainly went full power in Hollow, he said so.

All I am saying that it is possible to have NP which covers entire world.
    Well it doesn't really matter much since Kiara and BB aren't even Servants, there is no point comparing them to them.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    There is no difference, the energy emitted is created by the rotations anyway, and it was stated it reached maximum rotations, whereas in IH's case there wasn't such a statement, so if anything the one he used against Saber in Fate was more powerful. Whether Saber used Avalon before or after is irrelevant since the point is, it didn't destroy the world.
    Well, going by this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Readying Ea, the golden knight looks at the enemy approaching him again and puts magical energy into Ea.
    This will be it.
    He will totally annihilate Saber with all his power.
    Ea's turns reach their maximum speed and the light surrounding Saber mows down Excalibur.

But just before that.
    Saber's body jumps forward.
    A small space created by Excalibur, a place where she can take one more step…
    The instant she reaches it…

Her Noble Phantasm appear.
    And how I understood the scene when I read it; I took it to mean that the lesser beam-off between Ea and Excalibur made an opening for Saber to rush in and trigger Avalon and get out of dodge, which she then proceeds to rush Gil and cut him in two. That's how it reads to me at least, and it seems to make the most sense.

There is no difference, the energy emitted is created by the rotations anyway, and it was stated it reached maximum rotations, whereas in IH's case there wasn't such a statement, so if anything the one he used against Saber in Fate was more powerful.
    First is beam emitted at Saber, which is slightly offset by Excalibur, before it reached the rotation reached its maximum. Second is single strike, aimed at no one which bore through the world itself, stretching to the sky. Where is a difference.

And remember. "Its true power isn’t used against a single lifeform but against the world itself".

I am pretty sure that's a retcon, though. Since it's also no longer artificial hole in space and time, but actual one.

And you are doing "absense of evidence is evidence of absense" again.

Well it doesn't really matter much since Kiara and BB aren't even Servants, there is no point comparing them to them.
    Well, their abilities still classified as Noble Phantasms.
    Last edited by Blastedspider; August 12th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's pointless, you know? This has been gone over repeatedly.

Dartz won't accept anything about Gilgamesh unless it's directly shown. But any random hyperbolic statement about his favorites from characters who have no real way to know such things is taken as gospel.

Likewise, anything about Gilgamesh will be minimized as much as possible, but any statements on his favorites will be interpreted as generously as possible.

Blog Entries
    actually in this case I am on dartz's side. the phrase reaches maximum and then mows down Excalibur to me says EA reached full power, but while full power EA was blowing aside the excalliblast is when Saber moved.

*shrug

that does seem to follow the wording
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    actually in this case I am on dartz's side. the phrase reaches maximum and then mows down Excalibur to me says EA reached full power, but while full power EA was blowing aside the excalliblast is when Saber moved.

*shrug

that does seem to follow the wording
    But the wording says that Saber moved "just before" the description about it reaching maximum rotation and powering through her?

Blog Entries
    No it doesn't. your interpretation looks like this.

Readying Ea, the golden knight looks at the enemy approaching him again and puts magical energy into Ea.
    This will be it.

"That"

Ea's turns reach their maximum speed and the light surrounding Saber mows down Excalibur.

the point in which saber's interrupt occurs.

the alternative looks like this

This will be it.
    Ea's turns reach their maximum speed

"that"

and the light surrounding Saber mows down Excalibur.

In other words, EA reaches full potential and defeats Excalibur. Yours says just before EA reaches full power Saber moves, but an alternate one is that just before EA defeats Excalibur, but after reaching full power saber moves.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    I guess?

I don't really know what that's supposed to change?

Blog Entries
    well since the argument was whether or not excalibur could slightly slow down the full power blast its rather significant. in one interpratation excalibur slowed down a blast that never reached maximum rotation, in another Excalibur did.