Page 448 of 782 FirstFirst ... 348398438443446447448449450453458498548 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

If it's a cursed weapon that is fated to kill the wielder then that should be reflected somehow. Like if you stab someone with it there's a chance it'll kill you instead. The odds could increase for every person killed and after the sixth one the knife will just kill you on its own, making the wielder the seventh victim. Or just that it can be wielded by anyone and is cursed to fall into the hands of an enemy that will use it on him. Something like that.

Orpheus' stats aren't just high for a Caster but rather high for a guy that was both not that famous and not really a great hero either.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the Celtic cursed weapons often had some kind of destiny too, but all you see them doing is having a better to-hit chance and the like.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arha View Post
    a guy that was both not that famous and not really a great hero either
    go away
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    go away
    Relative to someone like Herakles, Achilles or even Odysseus?

Not as famous to the common folk maybe, but his works have more influence on modern civilization and literature than any of those.
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

But the common folk are who matter when it comes to fame boosts. If he's not getting fame boosts and he's not some super awesome warrior who strangles invincible lions or whatever then why should he have superhuman physical abilities? If he were to have something that made him a good Servant, it would be in his skills or Noble Phantasm, which I didn't bother to comment on.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it's a cursed weapon that is fated to kill the wielder then that should be reflected somehow. Like if you stab someone with it there's a chance it'll kill you instead. The odds could increase for every person killed and after the sixth one the knife will just kill you on its own, making the wielder the seventh victim. Or just that it can be wielded by anyone and is cursed to fall into the hands of an enemy that will use it on him. Something like that.

Orpheus' stats aren't just high for a Caster but rather high for a guy that was both not that famous and not really a great hero either.
    Damn, this is good limitation. Thank you, I'll use that.

Update: NP details now changed to accomodate the limitation.

Update: Add dragon slayer attribute to Beowulf's NP. I forgot that he slew the dragon in the end.
    Last edited by castor212; July 17th, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Not being as famous as the main characters of the two most popular books of classical antiquity and the GODDAMN HERACLES doesn't stop him from being a major hero. On the level of Perseus, Jason, etc.
    don't quote me on this

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I guess Ken Arok is fine? That's Saber (Beowulf) and Assassin (Ken Arok) done.

Posting next:

Class Name : Berserker
    True Name : Bodvar Bjarki
    Sex : Male
    Alignment : Lawful Mad
    Height / Weight : 207cm/127kg

Background:

"Bodvar Bjarki ploughed into them now, hacking two handed, his only thought to do as much damage as he could before he fell. And now they fall in heaps before him, one on top of another, and both his arms are bloodied to the shoulder, and he felled so many, the dead were stacked all about him. He stormed on as if he was insane.

There came on now such a storm of spells that the champions began to fall, one on top of the other, and King Hrolf found himself outside the shield-wall and was near enough laid low with weariness. No need to spin it out with words: there fell King Hrolf and all his champions with good glory.

But what a slaughter they dealt out there, words cannot describe it."

One of the original Icelandic berserkers, Bodvar Bjarki was the mightiest of the 12 of berserker champion of King Hrolf. He was offspring of the were-bear Bjorn and Bera, giving him the might and nature of the beast. As the chief of King Hrolf, he is an exceptional warrior and the strongest berserker in his time.

His final fate was one befitting him; he died after a glorious rampage upon his king's enemy, taking as much ot them to Valhalla just by himself.

Bodvar Bjarki of the Hrolf Kraki Saga have many similarities and share many personalities with Beowulf from Beowulf Saga. Depending on the circumstances, were they to meet in battlefield, they will either kill each other on the spot or become best buds.

Parameter:
    Strength : A (A+)
    Endurance : A (A+)
    Agility : C (B)
    Prana : C (B)
    Luck : E (D)
    Noble Phantasm : A (A+)

Class Skill:

Mad Enhancement : B
    Rank up for all parameters, but takes away most of sanity.

Personal Skill:

Bravery : B
    Able to fend-off attempts of any mental interference such as coercion, confusion, or illusions.
    When Bodvar uses his class skills and went mad, this skill is disabled.

Monstrous Strength : B
    Increases strength temporarily by one rank. Duration depends on the rank of 'Monstrous Strength'.

Battle Continuation : A
    Able to ignore any non-fatal wounds.
    It allows for battle even on the verge of death, and allow the user to stay alive until they receive clearly fatal blow.

Noble Phantasm:

Laufi, Unbendable Sword
    Type : Anti-Unit
    Range : 1-2
    Maximum target : 1 person
    A robust 2-handed sword
    Big, blunt, and heavy, the sword is better used to smash the opponent rather than slashing them. In his life Bodvar was given a limitation upon using this sword; if drawn, it can only be put back into the scabbard after having killed a man. This sword doesn't have any special properties other than being 'a very tough sword'.

Bjorn's Blood, Warlike Little Bear
    Type : Anti-Unit
    Range : ~
    Maximum target : 1 person
    A release of Bodvar's inner beast, inherited from his father's therianthrope blood. It took shape in the form of spiritual bear overlapping Bodvar's massive frame in an armor-like manner. When activated, it raises all Bodvar's parameter by one rank. However, when used, sanity is robbed even further. Prana consumption when Bjorn's Blood is activated is massive and continuous.

The idea is a character that rivals Beowulf. But while both of them are a power-character, Beowulf is a seasoned and refined warrior. Bodvar, on the other hand, is a wild berserker through and through.

And my story, they are going to slug it out.
    Last edited by castor212; July 18th, 2014 at 08:57 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Not being as famous as the main characters of the two most popular books of classical antiquity and the GODDAMN HERACLES doesn't stop him from being a major hero. On the level of Perseus, Jason, etc.
    So what? He's not that famous. Go ask a hundred people off the street who Orpheus is. You'll get a lot less positive responses than King Arthur. He also wasn't a super awesome warrior, he was a musician. I don't think you need bulging muscles to pluck a string, press a key or blow air through a tube. The stats he has right now are only a little lower than I'd expect for, say, Odysseus. C rank Strength? B Endurance? What did Orpheus ever do to justify stats so far above the Caster class container?

Blog Entries
    Orpheus isn't that uncommon to know about, but I do agree that the Strength and Endurance stats don't make much sense. I may be able to undertand the Endurance if explained, but not the Strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dude nearly got torn apart by crazy ladies.

Not very enduring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Orpheus isn't that uncommon to know about, but I do agree that the Strength and Endurance stats don't make much sense. I may be able to undertand the Endurance if explained, but not the Strength.
    I'm not saying that he's completely obscure, just that he's not famous enough to justify the high stats.

Blog Entries
    I agree about the high stats not being justified, but him being obscure isn't the reason. He's probably about as famous as Gawain. The thing is that he's Doc Strange, not Hulk.
    don't quote me on this

​I posted this in a different thread a while ago in a different thread, but since this one is more active, maybe you could give me an opinion? They're meant for a Fate/Homestuck crossover I'm writing. I'm still working on a Lancer. So far my best candidate is Celtchar mac Uthechar. What do you think?

Archer Portrait
    Archer

Class: Archer
    Master: Equius Zahhak
    True Name: Hercules
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Details
    A demigod hero of Greek Mythology, he was born between the King of Gods Zeus and a human girl. He received the violent hatred of Zeus' wife Hera because of his origins and was tormented by the goddess at every turn. However, he entirely overcame the difficulties he had been given, and was enshrined as a god in the end.
    Heracles had an extremely violent temperament as an infant, and grew up as a shepherd in order to obtain a gentle heart. Having grown into a fine adult, Heracles was recognized for several feats, and gained two children as well as the right of succession to the throne. However, Hera made Heracles go temporarily insane and he killed his wife and children, ending up in the role of a slave to the king to atone for his sins. Here the jealous king gave him a challenge, the famous Twelve Labors. The Labors were all things that a human could not achieve but Heracles completed them safely, and at the same time he was freed from slavery, he received an immortal body.
    However, the adventures of Heracles and Hera's hatred did not end there. Hera's numerous artifices resulted in Heracles' poisoning by his own wife from his second marriage. In his final moments, Heracles cremated himself, surrendering to Zeus's judgment. The gods after consulting recognize Heracles' feats, and he was recruited as a god like his father, becoming a constellation.

Parameters
    Strenght: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Prana: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills
    Independent Action: A
    Magic Resistance: D

Personal Skills
    Battle Continuation: A (Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.)
    Eye of the Mind (False): B (A danger avoidance ability based on Intuition/Sixth Sense, gained through many ordeals and adventures.)
    Bravery: A+ (The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It aditionaly grants increased melee damage.)
    Divinity: A (Hercules was initially a demigod and became a god after his death.)

Noble Phantasm
    Nine Lives: The Shooting Hundred Heads
    Type: Anti-Unit (Oneself)
    Range: N/A
    Targets: N/A
    Among Hercules’ Noble Phantasms, he trusted this one the most. It was the Noble Phantasm which Hercules used to slay the immortal nine-headed serpent Hydra once upon a time, taking the form of bow and arrow. After killing the Hydra, Hercules could even utilise techniques that emulate the ability of this Noble Phantasm when wielding other weapons. In essence, it is a high speed attack consisting of nine consecutive strikes, as swift as if the attacks are overlapping. Even when delivered via sword, spear, or axe, this technique still boasts power on the level of Noble Phantasms.
    Last edited by machiavellianFictionist; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Several very good reasons there are two threads, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Is that a passive-agressive way of telling me to remove my post? Just tell me. In the meantime, here's the rest of them.

Caster Portrait
    Caster

Class: Caster
    Master: Eridan Ampora
    True Name: King Solomon
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Details
    Solomon is the son of David and King of Israel. Upon asked by Yahweh for which gift he wanted bestowed upon him, he simple replied that he desired wisdom above else. Because of this, he was also granted riches and a glorious realm, which extended to the world inhabited by angels, and to all the beasts of the Earth. He was also granted authority over spirits and demons, and knowledge of the Divine Mysteries. During his later years as a king, however, he began exploring the mystical world, practicing magecraft and dealing with demons and pagan gods. Yahweh did not punish him for this, however, but instead caused the collapse of his kingdom after his natural death at the age of eighty.

Parameters
    Strenght: E
    Endurance: E
    Agility: E
    Prana: B
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Class Skills
    Territory Creation: A
    Magic Resistance: A

Personal Skills
    Animal Dialogue: A+ (Common beasts understand his wishes without need for words.)
    Charisma: B (The wisdom granted by Yahweh allowed him to win the hearts of his people.)
    Golden Rule: A (King Solomon never has any difficulty in aquiring riches.)
    High-Speed Divine Words: A (King Solomon was one of the first mystics of the Age of Gods.)

Noble Phantasm
    Seal of Solomon
    Type: Anti-Spirit
    The ring given to Solomon by Yahweh. It grants him absolute authority over all Spirits, except for Divine Spirits and Heroic Spirits.

Assassin Portrait
    Assassin

Class: Assassin
    Master: Rose Lalonde
    True Name: Hassan-i Sabbah
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Details
    Hassan-i-Sabah, the Persian "Old Man of the Mountain" led an assassination organization originating in the Middle East. While he was a legendary leader who became the origin of the word Assassin, there were nineteen different people who took up the position of Hassan-i-Sabah over many years. There is a new one born each time someone takes up the position, and Assassin is one of those nineteen. As with the others, her true name and face before becoming an assassin and a Hassan is still lost.

Parameters
    Strenght: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A
    Prana: D
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment: A+
    Item Construction: C

Personal Skills
    Self-Modification: B (She has replaced her blood with a mixture of toxic substances.)
    Venomous Physiology: C (She is immune to all non-magical poisons and toxins.)
    Projectile (Darts): B (She carries hollow steel darts filled with her blood.)

Noble Phantasm
    Zabaniya: Ichor of Agony
    Type: Anti-Unit (Oneself)
    Range: N/A
    Targets: N/A
    Hassan's blood has been replaced with a micture of poisons, mainly based of the multiple varieties of hemlock plant. At will, she can change the properties of this poison to either cause lethargy or spasmic seizures in its victims, and alter the intensity of these reactions via variations in the flow of prana. This can be done in different manner to multiple individual targets at once. The intensiry of the poison is limited by the ammount of it that has entered the victim's body.
    Last edited by machiavellianFictionist; July 22nd, 2014 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by machiavellianFictionist View Post
    Is that a passive-agressive way of telling me to remove my post? Just tell me. In the meantime, here's the rest of them.
    [/SPOILER]
    How'd you get that? I thought they were jjust mentioning that there was a reason for the existence of two threads.
    F/SN x Disgaea Cross
    Crimson Spears

Kyouko-chaaaaan~
    Spoiler:

Ah. Okay. Thanks. Sorry. .-.