Page 461 of 782 FirstFirst ... 361411451456459460461462463466471511561 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I chose to make something uninteresting because that was the point.

This is a good thing.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    I chose to make something uninteresting because that was the point.

This is a good thing.
    Thanks.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Get that NaCl out of your system, please.

Blog Entries
    Get that NaCl out of your system, please.
    ? I dont understand.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I dunno what it is, Christemo, your Servants just seem to be lacking a spark or a drive, or something. I'm not sure what it is but they definitely have something missing in my opinion.
    It might be related to me only making these kinds of things when I'm really really bored. Or picking heroes with little chance for exciting Noble Phantasms.

Why Saber? Like... at all? He looks like an out and out Caster, and would have made for an interesting one since "parameter-strong Caster" isn't a role that's been filled before. What's his style of magecraft, how does he fight? And why does he have Kalaripayattu when Karna does not?

Parameters seem okay given that he forced Karna to use VS, so that's fine. His NPs are boring though. There's no real conceptual depth or anything to his Supreme Rakshasa and it certainly didn't excite me, and getting huge and falling on things seems like a great way to get the Church and the Association on your ass for breaking the secrecy.
    As for the thing about Ghatotkacha being Caster... Well, it seemed a bit out of place to have a Caster who's got Hercules-tier stats. And his father is pretty famous for having a sword that was more of a mace than a sword. I'll probably change that.

As for the stats thing, I actually had them even higher initially since Ghatot basically soloed the entire Kaurava army at once and then forced Karna to blow the VS on him because nothing else could hurt him.
    Last edited by Christemo; August 6th, 2014 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Personal Information:

Class Name : Rider
    True Name : Gan Ceann
    Sex :
    Male
    Alignment : Lawful Evil
    Height / Weight : 188cm/78kg
    Also known as : The Headless Horseman, The Headless Knight, Dullahan, Crom Dubh, Crom Cruach

Background:
    Spoiler:
    Believed to be a type of unseelie fairy, described as a headless person dressed in black armor and carrying its head under one arm.

The headless horseman appears as an omen of death to families in Ireland. He is possessed of supernatural sight. Legends said that when the headless horseman stops riding, that is where a person is due to die. He calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish. All gates fly open to let rider and coach through, no matter how firmly they are locked, so no one is truly safe from the attentions of this fairy.

In fear of the headless rider, men alone in the fields at night cower behind the bushes because of his reputation with a whip, made from the spine of human corpses. With his whip he can accurately remove the eyes of all mortals foolish enough to spy on his ventures. Since he has no head, he is somewhat defective in his physical sight and the dullahan resents those with skilled vision.

The dullahan has limited speech. He can only speak once on each journey he undertakes, and that is when he pulls up a home and calls out the name of the person who is dying.

Incidentally, there is a theory among modern scholars, which defends that the dullahan was not some Grim Reaper-like figure that robbed human lives, but rather something more closely resembling the Valkyries of Norse Mythology: a spirit that had the role of leading the souls of people to the other world.

In truth, the origins of the headless knight are the embodiment of an ancient Celtic god, Crom Dubh, or Black Crom, also known as Crom Cruach. Crom Dubh was worshipped by the prehistoric king, Tighermas, who ruled in Ireland about fifteen hundred years ago and who legitimized human sacrifice to heathen idols. He was venerated as a fertility god. At the same time, he was the god of heaven. This is a stereotype that repeats itself over and over again in Africa, through Egypt and many more countries. One finds this stereotype in the concept of Crum Dubh. He was both a fertility and a seed god. He was represented with seed carried on his back. He is often personified as grain.

It is described that Crom Dubh demanded human lives each year, the most favored method of sacrifice was decapitation. The worship of Crom continued in Ireland until the sixth century, when Christian missionaries arrived from Scotland. They denounced all such worship and under their influence, the old sacrificial religions of Ireland began to lose favor. In later times, he came to be considered an evil god as Christianity spread through Europe as part of the suppression by Christians of the worship of Pagan deities. The element "dubh" (black, dark) had sinister connotations in Christianity, this also perhaps leading to a large part of the eventual association.

Nonetheless, Crom Dubh was not to be denied his annual quota of souls, and was believed that he took on a physical form which became known as the dullahan or far dorocha (meaning dark man), the tangible embodiment of death.

With times, the believe of the populace has reduced what once was a proper Divine Spirit, what had became god after becoming objects of worship, into an "anti-hero closer to a monster", an anti-hero who became as such due to the dark thoughts of humans. The more the folklore spread, the more the thought of populace implanted into his legend. Thus, the headless horseman was born.

Gan Ceann, meaning "without a head" in Irish, has become the truest name associated with him. His old true name as a god, Crom Dubh, has long since been reduced to almost nothing due the believe of the populace.

For some reason, the Dullahan has an irrational fear of gold and even a tiny amount may be enough to frighten him off. It is caused by his origin as a god of fertility; gold as the most stable material is the one thing among materials he cannot affect.

Rider is a Heroic Spirit full of resentment. He rarely talks, due to his legend limitation and personality. Despite being summoned without catalyst, the Master had a very tough time placing his acts, as communication was next to impossible.

Rider's wish for the Holy Grail is the estoration of his Divine name and legend, which equals the restoration of his godhood and the removal of his legends as a mere courier of death.

Parameters:

Strength : C
    Endurance : D
    Agility : A
    Prana : C
    Luck : D
    Noble Phantasm : EX

Class Skill:

Magic Resistance : C
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding : E
    Though he is classified as a Rider, in reality, the only creature he can mount is his demonic steed Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skill:

Divinity : E
    Rider's Divinity has been mostly degenerated.
    The level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster and/or Demonic Beast raises.

Presence Detection : A
    Rider possessed supernatural sight. By holding his severed head aloft, he can see for vast distances across the countryside, even on the darkest night. To be more accurate, it is more on the sense of "detection" instead of "long-range sight", as Rider cannot exactly "see".
    Effective range is at a radius of 250 km.

Mystic Eyes : C
    Rider's supernatural sight also acts as this. a Mystic Eyes of terror, cast as soon as the target look at the user, crippled one's mental state and paralyzes their whole body with fear. Can be nullified by Magic Resistance or Bravery.

Mental Pollution : C
    It is highly possible to shut out any mental interference Thaumaturgy, due possessing a distorted mentality. However, at the same time it becomes impossible to come to an understanding with individuals that do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution.

Noble Phantasm:

Coiste Bodhar
    Phantasmal Direhorse
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-50
    Maximum Targets: 30 person

A pack of total 6 demonic horses mounted by Rider. They are in actuality a single entity, and their existence are very much closely tied in with that of Rider's, they cannot be separated from him. They can be said as a split bodies of Rider's instead.

An embodiment of Rider's legend as the courier of death, they appear as a shadowy horse figure melted with Rider's shadow. Separation of a total of 5 horse is possible, but 1 must remain mounted with Rider at all times. Their shape are not limited to horse; they may take anyform Rider deemed fit for the circumstance, be it hounds, rats, or even sharks for example, as long as the amount is still limited to 6 separate bodies. They can share perception with Rider, but their presence can be detected, making them not very reliable for spying tasks.

Individually, they are weaker than a Servant. They can combine their bodies with each other in order to increase their strength, at the cost of reducing the strategic advantage of their numbers.

Capall Bhais
    Harbringer of Death
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Maximum Targets: 1 person

This Noble Phantasm can only be activated if Rider managed to pin down his enemy beneath his mount, and only if Rider know of his enemy true name. The headless knight has a limited power of speech, as he is only allowed to call the name of the person whose death he heralds, but he utilize it upon using this Noble Phantasm. All other 5 of Coiste Bodhar coils around his pinned down enemy and envelop him/her, then when the true name of his enemy and the name of the Noble Phantasm is invoked, it inflicts death upon his enemy.

This skilll cannot be nullified no matter how high his enemy Magic Resistance is, as it is an interference and heralding of fate instead a form of magecraft. Those with high rank of Protection of the Faith and/or Saint may have a chance of nullifying this skill, though not by much.

A very hard Noble Phantasm to be invoked with several restriction upon its usage, but it's limitation is compensated by its nearly absolute effect.

Design:

The Rider of Death. I have several ideas already for his Noble Phantasm, but just now actualize it as a Servant.

I don't know if a I have the qualified balance for his Noble Phantasm and stats & skills. I hope it suffices.
    Last edited by castor212; August 6th, 2014 at 04:18 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    ? I dont understand.
    "Piss off", I think.

This is why I don't bother posting in this thread.
    don't quote me on this

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    As for the stats thing, I actually had them even higher initially since Ghatot basically soloed the entire Kaurava army at once and then forced Karna to blow the VS on him because nothing else could hurt him.
    I noticed that he suddenly no longer looked like a great report card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ...Why does an urban legend have an EX NP that's basically a beefed up kill move? That's ridiculous.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    "Piss off", I think.

This is why I don't bother posting in this thread.
    But you have 150+ posts in this thread?

Also that's not what I meant.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And why does he have Kalaripayattu when Karna does not?
    Mother of fuck if I know why. Karna is basically the most famous user of it besides Arjuna and Parashurama, and better than at least the former. My headcanon is that Karna has an EX in it, since he's basically the best ever at it that wasn't an Avatar of Vishnu.

But to answer your question, I slap Kalaripayattu on every Servant related to the Kurekshetra War because everyone and their mom used it.

Blog Entries
    ...Why does an urban legend have an EX NP that's basically a beefed up kill move? That's ridiculous.
    Because this particular urban legend is death personified in legend, even in the folklore. The legend itself says death by the coming of Dullahan is inevitable. That counts as EX for me.

Do read the background please. I know it's a long read, but I always try my best to connect the skills and NPs to the history.
    Last edited by castor212; August 6th, 2014 at 04:31 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Because this particular urban legend is death personified in legend, even in the folklore.

Read the back ground please. I know it's a long read, but I always try my best to connect the skills and NPs to the history.
    I repeat, why is it EX? Want the list of things that are EX for comparison?

A sword that pops The World's Reality Marble like a zit and destroys everything in the way in the process.
    A sheath that gives ultra-mega regen and can phase out of existence.
    A spear that can one-shot Divine Spirits with ease.
    A Boddhisattva's ability to forcibly drag someone into Nirvana, IE one-shot anything from Earth.
    A flying death castle that gives mad stat boosts, gives it's owner insane Above-Medea-Tier magecraft and has the firepower of 50-episode Gundam.
    A Reality Marble that summons twenty thousand Servants.
    A pair of swords that let you summon the Surge of Utnapishtim (IE, the flood the one Noah avoided is based on)
    A holy sword so powerful that it can be seen from space when used.

Again, wanna say your dude's EX justifies it's ranking?
    Last edited by Christemo; August 6th, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Damn it, I can't even claim the bronze medal for posts in this thread. Damn you Petri.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is my home.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries

A sword that pops The World's Reality Marble like a zit and destroys everything in the way in the process.
    A Boddhisattva's ability to forcibly drag someone into Nirvana, IE one-shot anything from Earth.
    A flying death castle that gives mad stat boosts, gives it's owner insane Above-Medea-Tier magecraft and has the firepower of an entire Gundam series.
    A pair of swords that let you summon the Surge of Utnapishtim (IE, the flood the one Noah avoided is based on)

It causes instant death pretty much no matter what. It's actually pretty powerful. Conditional does not necessarily denote unworthy of EX.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my home.
    I'll just have to keep up with you until I surpass Mcjon and FiveX then.

Blog Entries

A flying death castle that gives mad stat boosts, gives it's owner insane Above-Medea-Tier magecraft and has the firepower of an entire Gundam series.

Yes. Because it bypasses anything for death.

The scale is indeed smaller. Kinda like Amitha Amithaba. It is anti-unit, after all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It causes instant death pretty much no matter what.
    So a Gae Bolg with the chance of failing exchanged with a condition. I'd say B, at most A.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also that's not what I meant.
    holy shit you're right

i blame my inherent masochism
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    So a Gae Bolg with the chance of failing exchanged with a condition. I'd say B, at most A.
    Gae Bolg can be avoided by having a high enough degree of luck or divine protection as to be able to alter fate, having good reflexive Instincts in Saber's case, an auto-resurrection ability, a shield that overwhelms the magical energy of the lance, or, as a countermeasure of knowing it will strike the heart (just do somthing about the heart, maybe Kotomine style).

Mine bypasses them all once the condition is fulfilled.
    Last edited by castor212; August 6th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.