Page 481 of 782 FirstFirst ... 381431471476479480481482483486491531581 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,620 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Brynhild
    Sex: Female
    Master: ????
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Bio: The leader of the Valkyrie army that fought for the Norse gods and lead dying warriors to the final resting place of Valhalla.

Stats:

Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (Rank C): Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding (Rank A+): An expertise to ride animals and vehicles. (If Lancer was summoned into the Rider Class, she would be able to utilize her personal mount, a flying pegasus).

Personal Skills:

Divinity (Rank A): Measures whatever one has Divine Spirit aptitude. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a materialized Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith.

Charisma (Rank C): The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class. It is said that a rank of B in this skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King.

Form of the Valkyrie (Rank B): While not a Noble Phantasm, it is a special trait shared amongst those of the Valkyrie. The user has the ability to spread wings formed from pure mana allowing one the ability of flight and an increase to agility.

Noble Phantasm:

Budli: Cursed Spear of Andvaranaut (Rank B): Lancer's golden spear, which was cursed by the ring Andcaranaut given to her by the hero Siegfried. It houses the flames once used to trap lancer in a deep sleep until a hero came to marry her. The flames themselves not only deal additional damage to those with low magical resistance, but also coats her in a flaming aura that helps reduce damage done to her from attacks. She is able to generate a greater shield of flames similar to that she was cursed with, but can only utilize it while she sleeps. This comes in handy to protect herself and her master from harm as they rest. However, due to the cursed nature of her Lance, It gives Lancer a rank down in Luck.

Valkyrjur As One: Will of the Legion (Rank B): An ability embodying the concept that the army of the Valkyrie saw themselves as one body as opposed to many. It allows Lancer to create spirits of her fellow sisters in arms, using her own mana and body, to aid her in battle. While the spirits hold the same skills as herself, (excluding her Noble Phantasms), all of their stats are marked at Rank C. Because she uses her own mana, the amount of time she can deploy them decreases depending on the amount she creates. Without aid from her master, she is only able to deploy 2 spirits at a time to fight with them efficiently.

Helreio Brynhildar: Army of the Fallen (Rank A): Lancer's strongest Noble Phantasm, showcasing the true power of the Valkyrie. Using her Lance as a key, Lancer opens the doors to the gates of Valhalla, unleashing the fallen heroes she herself helped guide to the eternal resting place of the gods. The heroes are able to fight under her command and share seperate stats from each other. This Noble Phantasm consumes a great deal of mana so unless Lancer recieves aid from her Master or draws mana from a magical leyline, she is only able to utilize this ability once per summoning.

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Riding's not a class skill for Lancers.

Summoning Servants or their equivalents is probably an EX NP. Also, on Helreio, are you saying the fallen heroes get their NP-equivalents materialized too?

What's the damage reduction from Budli when she's awake, as well as when she's sleeping? Maybe have a plus modifier for when sleeping.

Also you could give her Lip's NP, or a tweaked version of it, if you like.

The "without aid from the Master" lines seem weird, considering she should have that 99% of the time.
    Last edited by LeadDemon; November 7th, 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadDemon View Post
    Riding's not a class skill for Lancers.

Summoning Servants or their equivalents is probably an EX NP. Also, on Helreio, are you saying the fallen heroes get their NP-equivalents materialized too?

What's the damage reduction from Budli when she's awake, as well as when she's sleeping? Maybe have a plus modifier for when sleeping.

Also you could give her Lip's NP, or a tweaked version of it, if you like.

The "without aid from the Master" lines seem weird, considering she should have that 99% of the time.
    I thought Riding was an ability given to those within the 3 Knight Classes automatically?

And yes they do. Her ability is similar to the regard of Rider/Zero's Ultimate NP.

A plus modifier to her defenses?

I was not aware that Lip was partly her O_O This is news to me, I will have to update this!

Going back to how Rider was only able to use that attack twice considering how much mana it takes.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    If they get their NPs it's absurdly overpowered. Actually, it already is. Being able to summon Servant-level dudes is a big deal.

Also, Brunhildr is no longer a Valkyrie, Odin stripped her divinity. It should probably be way lower or totally absent. This also means she probably shouldn't be able to create pranawings.

But mostly it's the two underranked Servant Summon NPs that makes her totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    If they get their NPs it's absurdly overpowered. Actually, it already is. Being able to summon Servant-level dudes is a big deal.

Also, Brunhildr is no longer a Valkyrie, Odin stripped her divinity. It should probably be way lower or totally absent. This also means she probably shouldn't be able to create pranawings.

But mostly it's the two underranked Servant Summon NPs that makes her totally ridiculous.
    So you would recommend the levels for her NP to be lowered or changed? And the other NP you are referring to is Valkyrjur As One?

Blog Entries
    Personally I'd recommend scrapping them entirely because Brunhildr would most likely only have become able to enter Humanity's Throne of Heroes when Odin stripped her of her valkyrieness, meaning they possibly wouldn't be available to her.

Blog Entries

I don't know. Depending on how seriously you want to take Kohu-ACE sheets and their Nasuthencity, Summon NPs took a pretty big nerf in prestige given Sakura Saber's ability to summon 1-3 Shinsengumi is Rank B for the specific reason that "you're not summoning many of them," which implies Iskander's EX is a matter of quantity, not de facto.

Food for thought, at least, any way. But B might be fine considering the nerfs, imo.

That being said, it's not bad, though yeah I'd look up "Brynhild Romantia" which is apparently the EXTRA version of what looks to have been at least one of her NPs - the spear in particular. It's a genuinely neat NP, though you're not bound to it 100% mandatory.

Personally I'd recommend scrapping them entirely because Brunhildr would most likely only have become able to enter Humanity's Throne of Heroes when Odin stripped her of her valkyrieness, meaning they possibly wouldn't be available to her.
    I get her divinity being lower tremendously or just taken out all together, but I would have thought she would still retain SOME form of her Valkyrie ability or be able to manifest it somehow as a Servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    I don't know. Depending on how seriously you want to take Kohu-ACE sheets and their Nasuthencity, Summon NPs took a pretty big nerf in prestige given Sakura Saber's ability to summon 1-3 Shinsengumi is Rank B for the specific reason that "you're not summoning many of them," which implies Iskander's EX is a matter of quantity, not de facto.

Food for thought, at least, any way. But B might be fine considering the nerfs, imo.

That being said, it's not bad, though yeah I'd look up "Brynhild Romantia" which is apparently the EXTRA version of what looks to have been at least one of her NPs - the spear in particular. It's a genuinely neat NP, though you're not bound to it 100% mandatory.
    I did look her up a bit, and I am having trouble understand her spear's ability a bit :/ (that was probably the hardest part considering I couldn't find ANY information on her weapons. So, I had to improvise :x)

Blog Entries

Yeah, good thing I don't take Kohu-ACE seriously at all then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon Dark View Post
    I thought Riding was an ability given to those within the 3 Knight Classes automatically?
    If by "three knight classes" you mean "Saber".

I don't know. Depending on how seriously you want to take Kohu-ACE sheets and their Nasuthencity
    The only answer valid is "not at all".
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon Dark View Post
    00I did look her up a bit, and I am having trouble understand her spear's ability a bit :/ (that was probably the hardest part considering I couldn't find ANY information on her weapons. So, I had to improvise :x)
    Fair enough, lol.

A shorthand understanding of it for me is:
    Spoiler:
    Basically, the BR spear is stronger the more the user loves the recipient of her attack. If she's attacking someone she cares for / doesn't want to fight / loves, it becomes stronger and deadlier, up to the point Siegfried better just watch out or he's going to get aced. They made it sound like a yandere attack buff that she was most deadly to the ones she loves. When I rolled a sheet of her, I made Andvaranaut a curse on herself that made her more likely to fall in love / make lasting connections with others, so her NP could be exploited, but it's also something you can script in your character relationships for natural tragedy.

It's "beware your scorned lover" / "messy break up" as a spear.

Which is a pretty weird choice for a spear, but kinda fun to work with in a narrative, imo.

And fair enough, just commenting that's the second time we've seen a summon NP in even loose canon, and T-M approved it at less than EX. I know Takeuchi designed her, but I'm not going to guess if Nasu ranked her stuff.
    Last edited by Sunny; November 7th, 2014 at 09:52 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Koha-Ace gives Nobunaga B or A in every stat and two potential EX NP's. It's literally a laughingstock.

Fair enough, lol.

A shorthand understanding of it for me is:
    Spoiler:
    Basically, the BR spear is stronger the more the user loves the recipient of her attack. If she's attacking someone she cares for / doesn't want to fight / loves, it becomes stronger and deadlier, up to the point Siegfried better just watch out or he's going to get aced. They made it sound like a yandere attack buff that she was most deadly to the ones she loves. When I rolled a sheet of her, I made Andvaranaut a curse on herself that made her more likely to fall in love / make lasting connections with others, so her NP could be exploited, but it's also something you can script in your character relationships for natural tragedy.

It's "beware your scorned lover" / "messy break up" as a spear.

Which is a pretty weird choice for a spear, but kinda fun to work with in a narrative, imo.

And fair enough, just commenting that's the second time we've seen a summon NP in even loose canon, and T-M approved it at less than EX. I know Takeuchi designed her, but I'm not going to guess if Nasu ranked her stuff.
    I could actually see how that would be used. Forming alliances with other Masters and Servants and gaining their affection. When betrayal comes, and it will, the spears damage will increase greatly making her harder to beat during the last days of the war

Blog Entries
    But you have to trick yourself into liking them too. If you keep thinking "I will betray them" it'll be less effective.

But you have to trick yourself into liking them too. If you keep thinking "I will betray them" it'll be less effective.
    Christemo's idea of making the flames a curse that allows her to fall in love with someone quickly. Jeeze...she could technically be a yandere berserker now that I think about it O_O

Blog Entries
    Here's one that was going to be used for an RP on another forum way back when, before I decided that she felt too similar to EMIYA and went with someone else instead.

Miss Fortune
    The Frontier Fortuna

Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance:
    E
    Agility: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: A+

Background:

Born in Norfolk, England in 1865, Archer’s life was disrupted in the late 1870s, when her family moved to Colorado in the United States of America, pursuing the dream of wealth in the Wild West. Or that was their excuse, anyway. In truth, her family was a magus family looking to find viable new land to establish themselves as the Second Owners of, in order to enhance their power and reputation within the Mages’ Association. Their efforts at doing so were less than successful, but her father still raised Archer as the next head of the family, and it all might have been okay if she hadn’t discovered the joy of gambling in her mid-teens.

Colorado was filled with frontier gamblers at the time, and Archer became fascinated by chance and fortune, and began to learn to gamble in her spare time. Once she became old enough she quickly hit the saloons and became well-known as a woman of great skill with cards. Finding that she was either very lucky or very good with probability, Archer soon adjusted her own magecraft to suit her new tastes, constructing her most powerful Mystic Code as a deck of cards . Her family grew concerned that she was not investing enough time into the proper life of a magus and tensions grew, before she split from them and struck out as a freelancer of the frontier.

During this time she befriended fellow female gambler Poker Alice, who was thrilled to meet another nice young lady from England, and began to work for her as a dealer in her saloons. Her life was shortened tragically when a nasty piece of work came to Deadwood, looking to use the bordertown for a ritual that the Mages’ Association would have certainly disapproved of. Archer ended up engaged in a Magus Duel with the rogue spellcaster, and defeated him at the cost of her own life. She died young, was discovered dead and concluded to have been murdered due to a gambling dispute, then buried unceremoniously and inconsequently. She was unable to achieve the status of Heroic Spirit, for she had been secretive and her feats not well-known nor particularly spectacular, but was able to remain as a wraith until she was accidentally summoned by one of her family’s descendants some decades down the track, a fool who had entered the Grail War with no catalyst, no plan and no chance of victory.

Fortunately, Archer has always been good at playing the long odds.

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance
    D: Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. A normal level of Magical Resistance for a talented Magus, it seems that it should have been boosted by her assignment to the Archer class, but perhaps she was slack in her first life and never learned how to defend against magecraft properly?

Independent Action
    B+
    : Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. However, to perform any Noble Phantasms, Archer would still need to find an appropriate source of prana to draw on. Fortunately, her Mystic Code Lady Luck contains within its jewels a significant stockpile of prana, so she can consume her own Noble Phantasm’s existence to sustain her physical form for up to an additional 4 days.

Personal Skills:

Hypnotism
    C: Archer’s cards have backs featuring an intricate pattern of colors and designs that can be used for subtle mind-altering effects. By rapidly shuffling the cards in a flashy style and combining it with her skills in Illusion Thaumaturgy Archer’s deck becomes a blur of hypnotic colors and images assaulting the mind. The hypnotism causes a drugged, sluggish feeling in the target through confusion of the mind, and mentally weak targets can have minor suggestions implanted in their minds to go through with, though it is clear they are not in their normal mind when performing such tasks.

Gambler
    A+: The luck of the dice and the flow of the cards is the most thrilling thing life can offer to Archer. She thrives on bets and gambling, and is at her best in such situations. Acts as Golden Rule, but faces a contested Luck check whenever the skill is used, and a bad failure causes loss of wealth. Each time a Gambler check is taken the difficulty of the check increases, as eventually all good fortunes must run out. At this rank Archer is also able to add a Luck bonus to other types of checks that she faces, and can take standalone Luck checks to attempt to emulate certain other skills, with varying levels of success determining the success of the skill emulation.

Projectile (Cards)
    A
    : This is the expertise for throwing projectile weapons; in this case, cards. At this rank, thrown cards move at speeds that even high-level Servants have difficulty dodging. In addition Archer is able to expertly target her card throws to impair function or even ricochet off other surfaces accurately and effectively.

Magecraft
    C++:
    Archer possesses an acceptably normal level of thaumaturgy skills in the branches of Reinforcement and Illusion for a modern-age magus. Despite her rare gift of affinity to all five standard elements, she has squandered most of her magus education on learning flashy tricks and strengthening magecraft. However, her knowledge of all branches of orthodox Thaumaturgy is vast, as she has always kept herself up to date with her rivals and their skills. Through her crafting of her most powerful Mystic Code Archer has also learned the secrets of several modern rune systems and can utilise them with great effect, though the ability to manipulate the runes fully are sealed under the Archer class without using her cards as focal points for the runic activations.

Lady Luck
    The Hand that Fate Dealt You

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-15
    Targets: 1-54

Description: Archer’s most powerful Mystic Code sublimed into a crystallised mystery, this deck of cards is an absolute masterpiece of craftsmanship, with each individual card being made of compressed layers of ancient parchment, mystical fibers, and even a layer of alchemically-crafted jewelplate, a single perfect gem magically compressed into a flexible sheet to be combined with the other layers. Between each layer is a composition of eldritch works transcribed in archaic runes, while the back of each card is an elaborate and intricate swirl of colors and patterns of non-intuitive design. The face to each card exposes the crystalline layer at the core in the suit symbols, while the alphanumeric notations on the cards are scribed using inlaid gold and blood from Archer’s own body. The result of this intricate craftsmanship, which took decades to complete, is a deck of cards so in tune with Archer that she uses it for almost all of her significant magecraft.

Thanks to her status as an Average One she uses her cards to harness the basic elements in attack forms, with each suit of cards utilising a jewel with optimal elemental compatibility as its core. Ruby-cored Heart cards are all imbued with Fire spells, emerald-centered Spades hold Wind spells within them, sapphire Clubs sport Water magecraft and Diamonds utilise actual diamonds to unleash Earth elemental spells. There are also two Jokers in the deck that utilise sheets of prima materia to manipulate the element of Ether and Void. The cards hold a variety of spells but Archer’s primary use for them, and thus her assignment to the Archer class, is to hurl the activated cards at enemies from a distance, triggering the spells upon impact. By cleverly combining cards as she throws them she can generate all sorts of complex effects, from attacks utilising lightning or ice to binding and submission spells, amongst others.

As a result of her status as a Servant summoned by the Grail, Archer’s deck now regenerates cards over time, but a single card takes approximately five minutes to return to her deck so she still has to ration out her usage. Each individual card hits like a Rank C magical spell, but by turning individual cards into Broken Phantasms she can increase the power of the spells to Rank A at the cost of the card never returning to her deck. Were she to be summoned through the Caster class her abilities in Item Construction would allow her to rebuild her deck of cards, as well as enhance the strength of the spells generated, but as an Archer she instead gains the benefit of the ranged activations. In times of desperation she can also utilise a technique she calls “52-Card Pickup”, detonating the entire deck as a powerful Broken Phantasm in a flurry of cards, destroying her irreplaceable Mystic Code for a singular spectacular attack far above the regular Rank expected. After all, it always helps to have an ace up the sleeve for dire situations.

Last edited by Vagrant; November 7th, 2014 at 12:17 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's Alice for Madness returns. Her outfits are always so cool.

Blog Entries
    It sure is. I needed a girl with cards, and she seemed the most like a magus who could ruin your day.

That was an interesting game, for sure.

Blog Entries
    faceclaim

"I think it'd be amazing if that cup could help everyone smile. Don't you?"

Name: Den Lille Havmand, Prince of the Merfolk and Child of the Air
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: D (E)
    AGI: C++ (A)
    CON: D (E)
    MGI: A+
    LCK: C (D)
    NP: C

Class Skills:

Territory Creation
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.

• A-: Creation of a 'Underwater Garden', which is equal to a 'Temple' becomes possible. In addition, in exchange for weakening the rank of the Garden to that of a 'Workshop', it can be created above land, at which point the marked area will become flooded within 24 hours. The Garden will contain Caster's 'treasure trove'; a series of E-Rank Mystic Codes hoarded from the world of humans throughout Caster's life. While they are pitiful compared to the abilities held by other Servants, Caster can use them together with relative ease to achieve a variety of effects.

Item Construction
    The skill to manufacture magical items.

• D+: While Caster's abilities as a maker of magical items are somewhat lacking, he can create wondrous objects by using portions of his own body as spell components. Examples of the feats within his reach include fast-acting poisons formed from his tears and potions of theoretical immortality from his flesh.

Personal Skills:

Revelation
    A sixth sense that differs from the battle-focused Instinct skill. Provides insight to any given goal.

• C: It is possible to make accurate predictions three days in advance, with no limitations as to what one may scry for. However, predictions may be overturned easily by Servants who succeed in a Luck roll. An innate ability of the Danish hauvfre.

Performance (Song)
    The capacity to sing beautifully.

• A (X): Caster's voice has a powerful calming effect that can quell any form of aggression provided those listening are capable of comprehending his voice. At this rank, song-based Thaumaturgy can be performed with ease. Only available in the form of a merman. The voice of the little mermaid was considered the most beautiful sound in all the ocean, and was sought by the powerful Sea Witch.

Performance (Dance)
    The capacity to dance gracefully.

• X (A): Capable of performing hypnotic dances that completely throw off the opponent's focus. Combined with his high Agility, attacks can be dodged with ease. At this rank, song-based Thaumaturgy can still be performed by replacing verbal spell components with somatic ones. Only available in the form of a human. The little mermaid was able to surpass even the greatest of dancers the first time he set foot on land.

Enrapturing Beauty
    A sign that the Servant possesses an unusually appealing form; inflicts mental effects on those that observe him.

• C (B): Caster is undeniably beautiful, to the point where any opponent must make an Luck roll if they wish to attack him. Even should they succeed, their Strength will be reduced by one full rank as their own body attempts to resist them. As a merman, his rank in this skill suffers a little due to his unnatural appearance. Thus, as a human, attacking him will also reduce one's Agility by a full rank as well. As this is not a truly compulsive, or magical effect, this Skill ceases to be effective after the first attack launched against him.

Ethereal Reserves
    Magical ability that lies well above human potential, likely the work of fiends or spirits.

• C: As a prince of the merfolk from the floor of the Baltic Sea, Caster's prana reserves are immense compared to an average magus from his time. This is only compounded by his nature as a 'Child of the Air', a figure of worship by children everywhere, that make him exceptionally talented in forms of Magecraft that focus on affecting nature or moving people's hearts. In addition, he has the ability to completely restock his prana reserves simply by submerging himself in water for a period of six hours.

Noble Phantasms:

Name:
    Underet Fadøl
    Upon Sharp Knives

Type: Anti-Unit

One of two magical items that fell into Caster's possession, a simple bottle containing enough liquid for a single mouthful. A tool of the mighty Sea Witch and the key to Caster's ability to transform. While it would appear to be little more than a utility item, especially due to Caster's relative youth as a Heroic Spirit, the draught is an alchemical masterpiece comparable to the compounds and potions that made up spellcasting in the Age of Gods.

This bottle is filled with a potion that will allow Caster to change from a merman into a human, altering his ranks in both his basic parameters and his Personal Skills. In exchange, consuming the potion causes Caster's tongue to melt away, a sign of the pact between him and the Sea Witch and the trigger required to truly activate the potion's power. If the potion comes into contact with a living being other than Caster, they will be forced to make an Constitution check that, if failed, will lead to the portion of their body that was exposed to the potion being partially transformed into some form of sea life. Even should they succeed at the roll, the potion will burn their skin and temporarily weaken their fighting ability.

After consumption, the empty bottle must be left in the presence of open seawater for three days, at which point Caster will be forcibly reverted to his merman state (with a possibility of one of his parameters being reduced by two full ranks in the process), and the bottle refilled.

Name:
    Tørstig Athame
    My Body Tossed To the Waves

Type: Anti-Army

Second of the two gifts given to Caster, it is the tool that Caster refused to use in life; spilling human blood with this ceremonial dagger and allowing it to come into contact with his legs will allow Caster to return to his form as a merman, in addition to temporarily increasing his understanding of complex Thaumaturgy. Furthermore, the dagger possesses the ability to make anything it cuts 'bleed' on a conceptual level, seen when Caster threw it into the ocean and caused the water itself to turn red with blood. Phantasmal Beasts, Bounded Fields and even opposing Noble Phantasms can thus be 'wounded' with the blade, making it a priceless tool to Caster, one entirely lacking in combat experience.

This, however, does not take into account its potentially disastrous effects; if Tørstig Athame is allowed to remain in contact with seawater unobserved, it will endlessly wound the world around it, creating a disturbance in Gaea's corrective influence that is sure to attract aquatic-based Phantasmal Beasts. The effect could easily be compared to how blood may draw the attention of a shark. Depending on how much time the athame is allowed, such creatures as 'the devourer of seven whales', 'the king over all whom are proud' or 'the white leviathan that evaded capture for so long' may be called. In the worst case scenario, nineteen days of exposure will open up the gates to eldritch beings from worlds mankind cannot comprehend, which will go on to flood the world.

Name:
    Evig Kærlighed
    That Shore Up Above

Type: Anti-Army

A Greater Ritual of truly immense complexity, this is a Noble Phantasm that embodies the purity and innocence of a boy's single wish to obtain that which he had no right to, and his determination to have said wish fulfilled. To begin, Caster must create a magical circle within the ground, featuring his Underwater Garden at its centre. While the circle can be of any size (and a larger circle is of course of greater use), it must be made up a series of points that are connected by water. Whether it be a series of puddles, a pre-existing sewer system or even a river, the circle must be a single, uninterrupted mass of water for the ritual to proceed. Then, to begin the ritual, Caster must erect a marble statue of a prince within his Garden.

Evig Kærlighed's effect begins with the gathering of prana from the area within the circle. The ritual's power will seek out individuals who meet any one of its pre-set requirements and drain an incredibly small amount of prana from them, to the point where even normal humans will not be harmed by this effect. Despite this, a large enough circle with a large sample of humans will be able to provide sufficient prana to continue the ritual.

... On a side note, the conditions used to determine whether one will have their prana drained are:

i. Possesses an unrequited, forbidden love.
    ii. Wishes for the happiness of children.
    iii. Is familiar with the story of The Little Mermaid.

... So yes, a circle of sufficient size will easily generate enough prana to activate the true of Evig Kærlighed, which is as follows.

The prana gathered will be used to summon and maintain both the royal family of the Merfolk and the entirety of the Children of the Air, with both groups being on par with the likes of mid-level Phantasmal Beasts.

The Merfolk are not only powerful Magi, they feature among their ranks Caster's father (the King of the Merfolk who holds a trident allowing for the free manipulation of water within several miles of the circle's radius) and the Sea Witch (a Magus whose talents surpass even Caster's). The Children of the Air, meanwhile, can bestow protective charms upon their allies and cause minor miracles within the perimeter of the circle. While it would normally be impossible to summon a being superior to oneself as a Servant, it becomes possible by forcing the prana upkeep onto Evig Kærlighed rather than using his own reserves.

Needless to say, there are several weaknesses to this technique; the most obvious is the ease with which the circle can be damaged if it is not properly maintained, a task that becomes more and more difficult depending on its size; in addition, the statue kept within the Garden is the centrepiece of the technique, with the entire ritual being permanently cancelled and impossible to perform again should it be destroyed. And then, of course, there is the matter of the required conditions and the small amount of prana drained. Both of these features are due to Caster's reluctance to drag innocent people into the Holy Grail War, with the conditions serving as a means of singling out people whom Caster believes will not be offended by him 'stealing' their prana. This problem, however, is one that can be easily solved; as the conditions for candidates and the level of prana taken in are not innate features of Evig Kærlighed, Caster can be commanded via a Command Spell to change the ritual so that it will suck dry all who exist within its range. ... Needless to say, such an order would greatly damage Caster's relationship with his Master.

detail
    Central character of Andersen's fairytale, a girl... boy from beneath the sea.

He was born to the sea-king, master of the merfolk, and knew the love of his father, his grandmother, and five doting sisters. He lived a pleasant, simple life, uninterested in the bizarre tools that fell to the seabed from the world above. To him, there was only his beautiful garden, filled with flowers that could only be found in the realm of the merfolk. The sole exception to this was but a marble statue that he happened upon one day. That statue, a simple one of a young man, would go on to become the centre of his garden, and would ignite in him a boundless curiosity for the world of men. He hounded his wise old grandmother with questions, and was astounded by her tales of fragrant flowers, green trees and singing fish that were called 'birds'. Unable to rebuke his excitement, his grandmother informed him that he and his sisters would be allowed to visit the shore above upon their fifteenth birthday.

And so, the days did pass, and each of the little havmand's siblings did reach the top of the sea, bringing back new tales for him to drown himself in. Hearing of bathing in the moonlight, seeing the golden sunset, hearing the human children, feeling the winter chill and simply being in the upper world only incensed him further. After being forced to wait and wait and wait, until his sisters had grown indifferent to the top of the sea, his fifteenth finally came, and he was allowed to swim up.

When he reached the surface, what he saw was a ship, large and loud. The joyous music and the jubilant lights made him daring, and he moved to get an even closer, until soon he was looking in through the cabin windows. It was then that the boy caught sight of a prince, and so a fairytale of love and misery would begin.

Unable to take his eyes from the beautiful prince, the merman remained until a storm arrived, laying waste to the ship and scattering its crew to the seas. Realising that the humans of the world above could not live in the seas, and that if allowed to sink, then he would not be able to be with the prince, for the prince would be dead. And the prince could not be allowed to die. And so the prince's life was saved, he was dragged upon the shores and spared the fate of drowning. He would never know that the merboy had saved his life.

Returning to his home, the boy learned the nature of mortality, and that he would be able to gain an immortal soul, like that of a human, if he could fall in love with a human and be loved in return. Now determined and without wavering, he made a pact to receive a human body in exchange for his voice, and took his first step onto the sandy shore, knowing that, were the prince to marry another, his body would become mere foam on the sea the very next morning.

... The story from here on is known to everyone. The prince fell for a woman he mistook for the one who saved him, the speechless prince's heart was broken and, refusing to take the life of the one he loved in order to return to the seas, he tossed his body to the waves and became foam, only to be reborn as a child of the air.

As a child of the air, he would go on to bring happiness to children the world over, growing closer and closer to that day when he would be allowed to attain the soul that he had so longed for. Or so it would have gone, had he not encountered a young boy by the name of Hans Christian Andersen. A boy who had known the nature of suffering and heartbreak from an early age, and thus already believed that 'the only eternal happiness that can be attained by humans is death'. Thus, even if he were to hear the spirit's tale, even if he were to be begged and appealed to for years, he could not be brought joy. And so it was that The Little Merman, without bearing a grudge or ever finding fulfillment, found his spirit scattered and left as dust.

It would not be until decades later that a much older Andersen, in memory of his love for the man Edvard Collin, composed the tale Den lillie havfrue, a familiar tale with a female protagonist. Curiously, the story would originally have featured a far more bitter ending, one where the title character died and dissolved meaninglessly - a fitting end for Andersen's writings. And yet, for reasons unknown, Andersen revised this ending, created the far more hopeful conclusion in the final work and claimed it had been his intention all along. Perhaps it is this fact that forms the basis of Caster's wish - 'to give that boy eternal happiness'. If there was even the slightest spark of hope in Andersen's heart, then Caster has devoted himself to that entirely.

Genderbends are fun. So is figuring out how many skills you can throw onto a Caster without them actually being good.
    Last edited by sutaa; November 7th, 2014 at 03:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Is there a particular reason the operations of Upon Sharp Knives and My Body Tossed to the Waves are inverted? The blood from the knife was supposed to return him to his merform, and the potion was permanent. You even mention that he wasn't willing to use the knife to return to the sea, so in his actual backstory it has this effect, not just in Andersen's story.

Other than that, I like it a lot. Creative use of a fairytale there, and the idea of an inverted genderbend amuses me.