Page 675 of 782 FirstFirst ... 175575625665670673674675676677680685725775 ... LastLast
Results 13,481 to 13,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i hate the avenger class skills
    there's too many.

wait ruler has 3 as well.
    eh it's okay then.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I don't understand why someone like Saladdin has never popped up in this thread, then I realized I can't come up with a decent idea for him myself

And dem Avenger fever, has science gone too far ?

Saladin has been done before, as one of the Hassans IIRC.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

...Why would you make Saladin into one of the Hassans?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    That's... actually a pretty cool Saladin.

Anyway, it's nice that the Avenger class is being fleshed out, I suppose, but it feels... wrong?

Like, Avenger should have either been a unique class for Angra Mainyu or only have "demonic", "false messiahs" or otherwise "apocalyptic" Heroic Spirits assigned to it, y'know?

Having the second Avenger class Servant we've ever seen be a (fictional) guy who's out for revenge feels... well, wrong.
    Last edited by Crying; March 17th, 2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: derp, typos
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    I made a Pandora Avenger sheet and feel that she was a perfectly suitable candidate for the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Yeah, Pandora is the first person I've thought of as another Avenger. Her legend and the connotations of Pandora's Box has a lot of weight to it.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

So what are the requirements for the Avenger class now?
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    unknown besides desire for revenge

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grand Order materials when.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Being edgy

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class:
    Rider (Additionally can be summoned as Saber or Berserker)
    True Name: Roland 'The First Paladin'
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: France

Strength- B+
    Endurance- B+
    Agility- B
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- A

Height/Weight:
    176cm/74kg
    Dislikes: Critical thinking
    Talent: Theatrical Heroism
    Natural Enemy: Fate

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (B) - Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it's difficult to be affected.
    • Riding (A) - All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts. Qualifies one for the Rider Class

Personal Skills:
    • Battle Continuation (A) - Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound. In Roland's final hour when he blew the Oliphant horn for backup, he blew an aneurysm in his brain. As his brain leaked out, he still held the strength to fight off an entire army.
    • Charisma (C+) - The natural talent to command. Roland was the leader of Charlemagne's Paladins and as such led some of the king's army into combat and victory on multiple occasions. His radiated self confidence inspires others around him and raises morale.
    • Vigilant (B) - A skill that increases Roland's perception. Here, one can maintain a constant awareness of his surroundings, removing penalties of visual and audio obstructions.

Noble Phantasm

• Durendal The Peerless Sword (Anti-Unit) (A+) - This is the holy sword favoured by the paladin leader of the Twelve Peers, Roland. It was granted to King Charlemagne of the Frankish Empire by an angel, and awarded to Roland. Appearing in the “Song of Roland", it is a symbol of power splendidly forged much like Caliburn, having been the emblem of the Battle of Roncevaux Pass. It is a dazzling sword that possesses three miracles that allow it to maintain its sharpness even after its possessor's magical energy is depleted. Though Roland, on the verge of death in battle, had wished to destroy it to keep it from falling into enemy hands, it proved to be completely indestructible. It was featured later prominently in the various legends concerning Charlemagne, eventually becoming a symbol of the knight Roland’s bravery. It is not accurate to say it is indestructible as the very concept of decay, death or destruction does not apply to it. If someone looked upon it with the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, they would see no lines of death upon it.
      That however is not the ultimate power of the sword; When activated, it gives of a brilliant light the burns away everything it touches.
    • Veillantif Blessed Mount of the Paladin (Anti-Unit) (B) - Veillantif was Roland's noble steed. Though not a phantasmal beast, Veillantif was a pinnacle amongst horses with its physical prowess similar to that of a unicorn. While mounted, Roland's Agility rises to A+.
    • Oliphant Horn This Shall Be My Final Battlefield (Suicide-Attack) (A+) - An ornamental hunting horn that he utilised to strategically call the armies of Charlemange for aid at the cost of his own life. Upon blowing the horn, a bounded field is summoned of which there is no escape and within it, all enemies within the vicinity receive a Rank-Down to their parameters while Roland receives a Rank-Up as well as an additional '+' modifier. After the horn has been blown his mana supply will begin to violently leak out. This is Roland's 'Last Resort' Noble Phantasm as upon calling the horn, his demise is essentially guarantied.

Lore

Roland was a Frankish military leader under Charlemagne who became a key figure the 'Matter of France'. As the first Paladin knight, his legend was once equal to that of King Arthurs in terms of fame. When he was knighted by Charlemagne, an angel appeared before him and presented the holy sword Durendal, once possessed by Hector of Troy.
    Roland fell in love with the beautiful queen Angelica, but she rejected the idea of falling in love and eloping with a "mere soldier" out of her pride. This caused Roland to go mad, throwing off all his clothes and rampaging around completely naked. During his rampage, Astolfo notably dressed as a woman to calm him down and eventually brought him a bottle of reason from the moon and restored his sanity.

He lead the charge of Charlemagne's army fighting the heathens of Spain for several years. Threatened by the might of Charlemagne, King Marsile sought advice from Blancandrin, who said to offer to surrender and hostages. The king sent messengers to Charlemange, promising treasure and conversion to Christianity if the paladins were to return to France. Charlemange's armies who were exhausted, agreed to this Roland suggested Ganelon, his stepfather as messenger. Ganelon, who was paranoid and falsely believed Roland wanted him dead, informed the Saracens how to ambush the Franks in narrow mountain pass.

Roland was leading the rear guard with his closest and best friend Olivier. They were ambushed by the Muslims Roncesvalles and quickly overwhelmed. In the heat of battle, wise Olivier pleaded for Roland to blow his Oliphant horn to call for aid; but Roland refused to do so as with his vigilance he knew that doing so would only result in further needless deaths of Christian forces. Roland fought on until he was the last man standing where he blew his Oliphant horn so hard he blew an aneurysm in his brain. In spite of his brain beginning to leak out of his head, he managed to fight off most of the army by himself. Roland attempted to destroy his holy sword sword to prevent it from being captured by the attacking Saracens but alas Durendal proved indestructible, so he hid it within the mountain pass. He dies a martyr's death.

Roland is the epitome of an honourable knight. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He is honest, loyal and speaks out against injustice. He would obey almost any command given as long as it is not evil, or enables evil. He is proud to a fault and cannot back down from a challenge, likewise he can't fight an unarmed opponent as it is cowardly. He is also a bit of a flirt and is apparently into "kinky stuff with handcuffs" according to Astolfo - considering the nature of the friendship between those two and how he reacted to seeing him in a dress, he may have had a crush on him although in denial.

Here's one I've been working on for a while. I understand there are five versions of him already, but I thought I'd put my own spin on him. Durandal has a canon discription so I added his horse and horn and threw him into the rider class. If Achilles can have tons of NP's shared from multiple classes, so can Roland.
    He is basically my "Protagonist" servant, like Siegfried or Arturia.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 11th, 2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Olivier and Astolfo

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You told me over PM you were working on a Roland sheet so I was wondering when you were going to come out with this guy. As for my commentary...

Battle Continuation is a very fitting Skill for him, and one I had in mind when trying to come up with my own Roland sheet (couldn't think of an interesting enough take on him, though). I'd even consider giving him Guardian Knight or Dignity Of The Rearguard since his whole deal was defending the Roncevaux Pass from invaders. Admittedly the latter Skill is somewhat ill-specified in terms of effect...

As a "protagonist" type Servant he's pretty well-rounded, and has a good personality. I got a kick out of "critical thinking" being listed under Dislikes.

Interesting take on the Oliphant NP, which pretty much every Roland sheet is going to include in some shape or form. I've seen all sorts of takes on it from fairly generic army-summon to supercharged sonic blast (ala Eliza's Kilenc Sárkány). Yours is an admittedly rather novel one, and I appreciate you didn't just go with the "summons huge army and then keels over" approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Also interesting that you have Roland as a "protagonist" Servant and Charlemagne as a "antagonist" Saber. Wonder what would happen if they were both summoned in the same War?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also not sure if it really makes sense for Durandal to not have any lines of death, but I don't know enough Tsuki lore to be an authoritative source on that.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    You told me over PM you were working on a Roland sheet so I was wondering when you were going to come out with this guy. As for my commentary...

Battle Continuation is a very fitting Skill for him, and one I had in mind when trying to come up with my own Roland sheet (couldn't think of an interesting enough take on him, though). I'd even consider giving him Guardian Knight or Dignity Of The Rearguard since his whole deal was defending the Roncevaux Pass from invaders. Admittedly the latter Skill is somewhat ill-specified in terms of effect...

As a "protagonist" type Servant he's pretty well-rounded, and has a good personality. I got a kick out of "critical thinking" being listed under Dislikes.

Interesting take on the Oliphant NP, which pretty much every Roland sheet is going to include in some shape or form. I've seen all sorts of takes on it from fairly generic army-summon to supercharged sonic blast (ala Eliza's Kilenc Sárkány). Yours is an admittedly rather novel one, and I appreciate you didn't just go with the "summons huge army and then keels over" approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Also interesting that you have Roland as a "protagonist" Servant and Charlemagne as a "antagonist" Saber. Wonder what would happen if they were both summoned in the same War?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also not sure if it really makes sense for Durandal to not have any lines of death, but I don't know enough Tsuki lore to be an authoritative source on that.
    I was tempted to go for Guardian Knight but he wasn't really a "guardian" but more of Charlemagne's right hand, that and his last feat of the whole "brain leak" deal made me think Battle Continuation was a necessity. I almost considered boosting endurance to A or giving him one of the Dignity of the Rearguard as well but not much info is out about it but that would put him on terms with Heracles in terms of durability which I thought was a bit much.

Oliphant was awkward to think of at first but the last thing i wanted was a pseudo-reality marble or army summoning as that has started to become somewhat commonplace, then i remembered Jeanne had a suicide attack NP and it fitted has final battle well.

Now for Roland and Charlemagne... Oh boy Roland was protecting the Franks, but Charlemagne was protecting christianity, so that is where their core differences and loyalties lie. They would initially be friendly, greeting each other as old friends but while Roland has the desire to care for his master and his own wish, Charlemagne wishes for the destruction of the grail so they would be 'friendly enemies'. As time passes, Charlemagne would become more aggressive and eventually start acting as a pupeteer, manipulating the other combatants of the war until he would attempt to kidnap/kill Roland's master. The end result would be a climactic battle between two former friends: while Roland has superior physical capabilities, Charlemagne is smarter and would use words as just an effective weapon. A huge dialogue revolving around themes of loyalty would pass which I am not a good enough creative writer to do in the evening . Eventually Roland would stand (just) victorious but with his soul scarred by the events where he would stagger off to face the final boss, use the Oliphant NP and die.

I put way to much thought into that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Now for Roland and Charlemagne... Oh boy Roland was protecting the Franks, but Charlemagne was protecting christianity, so that is where their core differences and loyalties lie. They would initially be friendly, greeting each other as old friends but while Roland has the desire to care for his master and his own wish, Charlemagne wishes for the destruction of the grail so they would be 'friendly enemies'. As time passes, Charlemagne would become more aggressive and eventually start acting as a pupeteer, manipulating the other combatants of the war until he would attempt to kidnap/kill Roland's master. The end result would be a climactic battle between two former friends: while Roland has superior physical capabilities, Charlemagne is smarter and would use words as just an effective weapon. A huge dialogue revolving around themes of loyalty would pass which I am not a good enough creative writer to do in the evening . Eventually Roland would stand (just) victorious but with his soul scarred by the events where he would stagger off to face the final boss, use the Oliphant NP and die.

I put way to much thought into that.
    Wow, it sounds like you've really got it all worked out! Are you considering making a fanfic with some of these Servants in it by any chance?

Because I feel like, for all the waiting for the avenger flood, not enough people have actually made one yet. Your self-control confuses me.

I've actually made another version elsewhere, a version that made the original avenger look like Saber in comparison, but here's the "edgy" version because why not?

Servant: Avenger

True Name: Domalde

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Strength- C
    Agility- D
    Endurance- C
    Mana- B
    Luck- E-
    NP- C

Appearance: A young man. Save his bloodstained crown, the fact he has a plain sword, and red eyes he could easily be ignored in a crowd. His fair blonde hair is kept short, and his five foot eight inch body is a touch malnourished.

Personality: In a word, afraid. His attempts to hide it with a "kingly" presence are often at odds with a hesitation of his actions. He doesn't like to be blamed for anything, whether it is his fault or not, and thus tries to make sure he does it right the first time, but this can lead to being paralyzed with indecision.

On the other hand, there is a rage building inside of him. He craves the recognition of people even as deep down he wishes them ill will.

Dislikes: failure, people
    Talent: scapegoat
    Natural Enemy: stepmothers

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement: (D)- Strength and Endurance parameters are up. Language ability is simple. Continuing complex thoughts over long periods of time are difficult. Not being a Berserker and only having been driven mad upon the end of his life, the rank is low.

Personal Skills:

Battle Continuation (B)- Can continue fighting at 100% until the accumulated damage kills him (videogame style!). In truth, more of a curse then a blessing, but a certain being in the grail may have felt a kinship enough to desire to help him, in it's own twisted way.

Charisma (E)- Leadership skills increase, but the morale of troops decreases extremely.

Noble Phantasm:

The Third Autumn - Luck of the Land (B,Anti-Army): A curse twisted and turned against others instead of the self. Upon activation, thorned vines sprout from where blood has been shed on the battlefield, entangling those nearby and draining both Luck and Mana from the victims, the Luck of which is transferred to Avenger as a permanent boost. a Strength check is needed to break free of the vines, the requirement on which increases if the victim has a high Mana stat.

Lore
    Domald took the heritage after his father Visbur, and ruled over the land.

As in his time there was great famine and distress, the Swedes made great offerings of sacrifice at Upsal. The first autumn they sacrificed oxen, but the succeeding season was not improved thereby.

The following autumn they sacrificed men, but the succeeding year was rather worse.

The third autumn, when the offer of sacrifices should begin, a great multitude of Swedes came to Upsal; and now the chiefs held consultations with each other, and all agreed that the times of scarcity were on account of their king Domald, and they resolved to offer him for good seasons, and to assault and kill him, and sprinkle the stalle of the gods with his blood. And they did so.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Yeah, he's basically meant to be such an Avenger expy that in a story I once planned Avenger decided to give the guy a bit of a boost from his previous state out of pity. Considering how weak he still is, you can imagine how doomed the poor sucker who had him was, and is why his NP is basically the opposite of what it should be.

Thoughts/Suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Xedan; March 17th, 2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: NP Buff

Blog Entries
    I think the reason why people aren't making Avenger sheets yet is because its Class Skills have still yet to be revealed (in function, if not in name). As aptly demonstrated by you just giving him Mad Enhancement as a Class Skill instead of anything Avenger specific. Really no reason not to just make him Berserker, and possibly change the class when more details are revealed regarding Avenger.

Also, why is his NP ranking under parameters so much lower then it's listed as in his actual NP? Seem rather odd.

Valid points, I mostly went for him being Avenger instead of Berserker due to him not being mad in life, so much as probably driven mad as he was killed. Not particularly something he's known for. And the original Avenger didn't even bother to have a class skill, so it doesn't seem necessary. Suppose now that we're about to have one though people may wish to wait, you're right like i said, this self-control surprises me. Who knows? That skill might end up being a better fit.

As far as having D rank NP while his Noble Phantasm is B. I'm still not entirely sure how the stat and the NP itself is meant to stack together. In part the low rank was meant to be based on his current NP being an artificial alteration of what should be his "true" NP, and in part is meant to show his little control over it.

Still, certainly an option to switch that stat to B, or at least closer.
    Last edited by Xedan; March 17th, 2016 at 09:09 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xedan View Post
    And the original Avenger didn't even bother to have a class skill, so it doesn't seem necessary.
    The original Avenger didn't bother with anything, so why give him stats?