Page 775 of 782 FirstFirst ... 275675725765770773774775776777780 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

I went to some art gallery for a school trip and the tour guide told us that the average attention span per painting is 2-3 seconds. Take me to the Louvre or wherever and I'll show you a proper attention span, bud.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some modern art is pretty interesting. Some of it's so far up its own arse it forms an ouroboros of smugness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Yo. Been lurking for a bit and really enjoy reading all of these sheets, so I figured I'd contribute. Also happy to do some feedback. Anyway, here's my first sheet:

Class: Rider
    True Name: Robert Falcon Scott, the Antarctic Explorer
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: England

Strength- B (C)
    Endurance- B (C)
    Agility-C (D)
    Mana-D (E)
    Luck- D (E)
    NP-B

Height/Weight: 6’0”/172 Pounds (Apologies for Imperial but I am an American and not very good with Metric. Didn’t want to accidentally make him 1 foot 3000 pounds or something by doing conversions incorrectly.)
    Dislikes: The South Pole, failure
    Talent: Commanding Arctic voyages
    Natural Enemy: Roald Amundsen (More like a friendly rival than a bitter enemy though)

Class Skills:

• Magic Resistance (E) - Due to never encountering magic in his life, Scott’s magic resistance is very low. At this rank, he cannot cancel spells, but magic damage is reduced somewhat.
    • Riding (B) - Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

• Voyager of the Storm (B)- this skill represents the talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics at rank D. As a renowned Naval Captain, Scott has experience working on and commanding various ships such as the Discovery and his own Noble Phantasm Terra Nova.
    • Pioneer of the Stars (C)- A unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in the human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered “impossible” turn into “events that can be realized.” On his first Antarctic expedition, Scott set a new Southern record by marching to latitude 82S and discovered the Polar Plateau, on which the South Pole is located. He was also the leader of the second expedition to reach the South Pole itself, losing out to Roald Amundsen by just 34 days. (However, as he did not win this race, this skill is only C rank. If he had, it would likely be much higher.)
    • Innocent Monster (E)- a Skill possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant’s abilities and/or appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Unlike Dracula or the Phantom, this skill does not refer to a direct physical change, but rather a change in Scott’s personality. In life (and for a time after his death), he was regarded as a courageous yet tragic hero. However, historians in the late twentieth century began to regard him in a more negative light, raising questions about his competence and character. As a result, Scott’s personality has been altered somewhat to reflect this more negative view.

Noble Phantasm(s):

• Race to the South Pole the Failed Antarctic Journey (Support) (B)- This Noble Phantasm is the crystallization of the Terra Nova Expedition, Scott’s ill-fated second Antarctic Expedition. At the moment of Scott’s summoning, he has the ability to materialize all of the equipment, resources, and crew that he had acquired upon setting out for the South Pole. This includes the ship Terra Nova and its 65 man crew, as well as several ponies, dogs, and motorized sledges. The Terra Nova is a wooden-hulled barque described by Scott as "a wonderfully fine ice ship.... As she bumped the floes with mighty shocks, crushing and grinding a way through some, twisting and turning to avoid others, she seemed like a living thing fighting a great fight." As such, though not armed, it is sturdy and may prove dangerous if used as a “battering ram.” Among her crew are skilled Navy personnel, Surgeons, Scientists, and even cooks, all hand-picked out of 8,000 applicants. The ponies, dogs, and sledges can also be used as transport for his crew while on land, though they are rather easily killed or destroyed. However, he did not have access to all of these resources for the entirety of his expedition. After being summoned for five days, he will no longer be able to project the Terra Nova or its full crew. He will only be able to materialize 16 of the crew, as well as the two remaining sledges, the remaining ponies, and the remaining dogs. This represents the beginning of Scott’s actual march to the South Pole, as many of the crew (and the ship) were obviously not able to come all the way with him. After a total of ten days, Scott will only be able to materialize the four men who travelled all the way to the South Pole with him. (Wilson, Oates, Bowers and Edgar Evans) From this day onward, he will also receive a rank down on all parameters. This in turn represents the beginning of the final leg to the South Pole and the great struggle that Scott and his companions faced. On day 13, he will be unable to summon Evans or Oates, who were the first and second to die on the return trip. At the beginning of the fifteenth day, Scott will be unable to summon anything or anyone, as all of his remaining companions had died. At the end of the fifteenth day (assuming he lives that long), Scott will automatically freeze and die, representing the grisly fate that awaited him at the end of his legend.

Lore/Personality:
    Captain
    Robert Falcon Scott was a British Royal Navy officer and explorer who led two expeditions to the Antarctic regions: the Discovery Expedition, 1901–1904, and the ill-fated Terra Nova Expedition, 1910–1913. On the first expedition, he set a new southern record by marching to latitude 82°S and discovered the Polar Plateau, on which the South Pole is located. During the second venture, Scott led a party of five which reached the South Pole on 17 January 1912 after Roald Amundsen's Norwegian expedition. On their return journey, Scott's party discovered plant fossils, proving Antarctica was once forested and joined to other continents. A planned meeting with supporting dog teams from the base camp failed, although Scott had ordered his team to do so, and at a distance of 150 miles from their base camp and 11 miles from the next depot, Scott and his companions died from a combination of exhaustion, starvation and extreme cold.

Tell me what you think!

Scott regards himself as a proud and courageous hero, statements that are not without merit. However, these traits have been negatively affected by Innocent Monster and the opinions of late 20th century historians. Instead of proud, he may seem arrogant; instead of courageous, he may seem foolhardy. He is also prone to miscalculation and his plans are often flawed. However, he is a genuinely good person at heart, and one who will try his best to win the Holy Grail War for his master, himself, and England.

What is the point of this guy being a Servant if he's basically useless as a fighter AND as a supporter?

- - - Updated - - -

Angra is special.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    What is the point of this guy being a Servant if he's basically useless as a fighter AND as a supporter?
    1. He's a pretty weak heroic spirit, too be honest. He's so young that he only barely makes the cutoff to even qualify, and his legend is based around a failure. It's not really surprising that he has below average stats. At least it's too low instead of too high.
    2. I just liked the idea of a heroic spirit with a time limit, basically. If he is unable to eliminate any of his opponents early on, he's pretty much screwed. (He's pretty screwed either way, but that's beside the point.) I thought it worked well as a concept and it fit well with the Antarctic race of his legend. I suppose I could buff his initial stats, and then add more progressive debuffs down to his final stats. That might fit the concept a little better, and make a slightly less garbage servant.
    3. Thanks for the feedback.

マリーの味方
    fc

Class: Saber

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: C
    Prana: C
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: C
    Protection from magical effects. Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: B
    The ability to ride mounts. Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Protection of the First Crusaders: B
    A skill possessed by those who partook in the First Crusade, and can be considered Crusaders.
    At the rank of B, Saber has some protection in battle akin to miraculous intervention -- the same divine intervention that was said to have aided the Crusaders in their long journey to the Holy City of Jerusalem. Saber was reported to have been one of the first Crusaders that entered the city.

Military Tactics: C
    The tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. In life, Saber had been a talented military commander, capturing much territory for the Crusader states.

Identity Turmoil: C
    A trait possessed by those with a conflicting sense of self. Depending on the severity, this skill can bear similarity to Mad Enhancement, making the Servant act erratically as they fight against their inner desires.
    In Saber’s case, it is the battle between his lust for power and honourable nature that ravages his conscience. While alive, this conflict brought him to conquer his enemies and betray those he could, despite how much he despised that part of himself.

Noble Phantasm:
    Carver of the Outremer
    Clorinda

Anti-Unit
    A holy sword alit with a flame that does not burn. Saber’s most prized possession, something that could be said to be an extension of his very being. Never did it leave his side, and with it he carved out territory upon territory, for it was through this sword alone that he could find fulfillment.
    Bearing similarity to a holy sword wielded by a certain paladin, within it is something that might be compared to a small miracle, for it has the capacity to assure absolute victory in a single battle. However, if it is activated for this purpose, the end of the conflict will result in the sword incinerating itself into ashes. In other words, it can only be released once.
    Some stories say that should the sword’s victims repent before death, they will be forgiven - regardless of their past sins -- and end their life as proper Christians.
    Saber had once intended to use it in his final battle. The event that would, at long last, cease his insatiable lust and grant him peace. However, he died before this battle could come.

Lore
    Saber’s identity is Tancred, the Prince of Galilee, one of the leaders of the First Crusade.

In the year of 1095, following along with his uncle Bohemond, Tancred joined the First Crusade to reclaim the Holy City of Jerusalem for Christianity. While many others joined for the promise of absolution or glory, he had a different goal in mind: self-reflection. Having lived an aimless life up until this point, never truly feeling joy as others would, he hoped God would help him finally understand his true purpose on this world.

Tancred proved himself a valiant warrior in the battles to come. From Nicaea to Antioch, he fought honourably, leading his men with great valour. When the Crusaders finally reached Jerusalem, he was one of the first to breach the walls, and even attempted to save some of the fleeing civilians from the needless slaughter.

It was through these battles that he finally began to understand a part of himself. With each victory; each conquest, something inside him had yearned. It had been subtle at first, but after they had completed their goal of reclaiming Jerusalem, this craving grew worse. It was then that he realized: he wanted more.

This revelation was bittersweet. He knew it was sinful to let greed overcome him, but this sensation was unlike anything he had ever felt before. It invigorated him; made him feel more alive. Never in his life had he wanted something more than he did now.

While a part of him tried to deny his newfound desire, the other part questioned if that was necessary. Was this not why he had joined the Crusade in the first place? Was this not what God desired to show him? This struggle between duty and desire would plague his later years, and regrettably, the latter would usually win out.

Later, he would serve under his uncle Bohemond (now Prince of Antioch) as an advisor, and eventually, after his uncle was captured by enemy forces, as reagent. This position gave his ambition a vehicle to run unrestrained, and because of it he would lead his forces to fight against the Turks and Byzantines, seeking to expand the dominion of Antioch.

Driven by his greed, he would make no effort to free his uncle from his captors. But when Bohemond was finally ransomed by his allies and retook his position as Prince of Antioch, Tancred was actually thankful, for he now believed himself incapable of containing his own ambition.

Unfortunately, Bohemond would leave once again: this time to gather reinforcements in Europe to fight against the advancing Byzantines. However, he never did return to Antioch, leaving Tancred to rule until his death at age 37.

His final years were spent with his ravenous lust for power unrestrained. It lead him to conquests beyond the Orontes River, and occasionally brought him to betray his fellow Latin. Baldwin I, first King of Jerusalem, would be one of his chief rivals during this time, and despite appearances, Tancred was eternally grateful to him for being an obstacle in his way.

Summoned as a Servant, Tancred knows that no wish could offer him closure after his life of turmoil. And so he strives for the Grail not for the power it could bring, but only to fulfill his duty as a Servant, and serve his Master faithfully. He won’t -- he mustn't -- lose himself once again.

Notes
    I've been reading Thomas Asbridge's, The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land and was inspired to do this sheet.

It seems like Tancred is either portrayed as a perfect knight, or a ruthless man hungry for power. I decided to combine the two portrayals. Originally I had him a bit less, well, crazy, but I decided to amp it up a bit to make him more fun. Not entirely satisfied with how it turned out, but I've been sitting on this for a while, so I don't really care anymore.

Three skills might seem like a bit much (for a guy like him) but I didn't want to just give him a generic Crusader skill and Military Tactics, because that's boring and fairly cookie-cutter, considering most of the Crusaders would have similar toolsets. So I gave him an extra skill that'd make him stand out a bit more.

His Noble Phantasm is, of course, fictional. But I drew inspiration from the historical Jerusalem Delivered, an epic poem involving a fictional version of Tancred. In it, Tancred falls in love with a Muslim woman named Clorinda. However, he accidentally ends up fatally wounding her when she sets fire to Christian defenses. He baptizes her before she dies. The abilities of the sword I made are all inspired by it. In the Nasuverse, maybe Torquato Tasso was the opposite: writing Tancred's part in the play based on the rumours he heard about Tancred's cherished sword? lol.

I might write some more Crusader-era Servants. I was originally going to do Baldwin I as Rider too but Tancred took too long, so I doubt I will now. Still reading the book though, so who knows who else might catch my eye.
    Last edited by Sesto; July 28th, 2016 at 10:41 PM.

Okay guys, this is both my first post and first servant. Please feedback if needed

SERVANT RIDER

Appearance

Alternate Classes: Saber, Berserker, Assassin, Ruler

Alignment: Chaotic Good

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: E
    LUCK:A
    NP: A

Catalyst: A piece of his embalmed heart

Dislikes: England, Oppression, Foreign Occupation

Talents: Ambushes, leading men at battle

Natural Enemy: Edward I and II

Class Skills:

Riding (A): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts. However this does not apply to dragons.

Personal Skills:

Military Tactics (B): Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Throughout his lifetime, Rider has been skilled in evading and later defeating numerically and technologically superior armies under the Kings of England.

Charisma (B+): Natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. In his war to claim the Scottish crown, Rider has attracted a large number of his countrymen under his banner and succeeded where the likes of the great William Wallace himself has failed. Since then he has been remembered as one of the greatest kings of his country long after his death.

Disengage (C): The ability to break away from combat. Constantly on the run during an important part of his life, Rider has become familiar to guerrilla tactics that eventually allowed him to prevailed against supposedly superior foes.

Noble Phantasm:

· Bohun’s Bane: Axe of the Bruce (Anti-Unit)(B): Rider’s most prized weapon, it takes the form of a massive battle-axe that he can nevertheless wield with only one hand. The sharpness of the weapon’s edge, as well as Rider’s uncanny skill in wielding such a weapon ensures that even heavily armored enemy servants will receive grievous amount of damage if struck. However, if pitted against an enemy Servant with an Endurance Rank of A and above, the NP would have a chance of breaking apart, a nod to its ultimate fate when it smashed the skull of the English Knight who came close to killing Rider himself. To prevent such a scenario, Rider’s Master must be skilled in both Alchemy and the Art of the Blacksmith in order strengthen the NP.

· Bannockburn: Truimph of the Scots (Anti-Army)(A): A representation of Rider’s greatest victory against the English, it summons an army of Masterless servants that represent the people of Scotland who fought alongside Rider in the battle and are generally divided into three categories; Undisciplined but determined peasant spearmen and pikemen, fierce and tenacious Highland clansmen, and heavily armored Scottish Knights and Nobles. When summoned, Rider would lead them through either in a defensive stance in which they protect and deter with their bristling pikes and spears, or an offensive attack in which the clansmen and nobles would attack the opponent head-on while their less lauded counterparts lauch an attack from an unprotected angle.

Background: Rider’s true identity is Robert I “the Bruce”, one of Scotland’s greatest warrior kings who would successfully win Scotland’s independence after her apparent defeat following the death of William Wallace.

Born in a time when Scotland faced a crisis of succession, Robert would grow up to see his father take a bid for the crown only to be denied in favour of the inept John Balliol. Despite personally hating the English for their oppressive and obstructive policies, Robert initially served them loyally as the Earl of Carrick after the death of his father. In the aftermath of Wallace’s gruesome execution in 1305, however, Robert began to take discreet measures against the Plantagenet Crown. When he murdered the traitorous John Comyn before the latter could have betrayed their position, he soon found no choice but to crown himself King of Scotland, or more accurately, the Mastermind of a resurging Scottish uprising, which he would achieve at Scone in 1306.

He would be subsequently be excommunicated by the behest of Edward “Hammer of the Scots”, the same monarch who oversaw the downfall of Wallace, and would serve as Bruce’s greatest opponent until he died the following year. Until then, Robert would be on the run, conducting guerrilla warfare against the approaching English army while his relatives are arrested and executed across Scotland.

However, with the death the Hammer of the Scots and the succession of his incompetent son the Prince of Wales, Robert seized the opportunity, gathering a strong fighting force and capturing key Scottish castles and fortresses. The Prince of Wales, now Edward II, confronted Robert in the fields outside the town of Bannockburn. In a ferocious battle that saw Bruce barely avoiding death at the hands of the English knight Henry de Bohun, the Scots would triumph, sending the once proud and ruthless English army running for their lives towards the safety of Dunbar Castle. After the victory, Robert would spend the remainder of his life legitimizing his rule and was finally recognized as King of Scotland a year before his death in 1329.

With his own life a relative success, Rider’s only wish for winning the war is to see Scotland once more, and if possible, rule it as a wise king rather as a beleaguered warrior.
    Last edited by Ramseph Boltstar; July 29th, 2016 at 11:52 PM.

I'd lower the ranks of the NPs, but other than that it's well written and formatted. Certainly not bad for your first one.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why is the image so blurry? Other then that, it's pretty good for a first sheet. NPs aren't the most creative (particularly an appearance of ye olde army summon) but they work. And I get he's probably supposed to be the kind of Servant who doesn't so much rely on his NPs to fight.

I agree with Fundy that the NP ranks are too high. Bohun's Bane should be B or even C given its lack of any real special properties (well, the only one it has is detrimental to him). Bannockburn is probably also too high for what's basically 'summoning a bunch of armed Scotsman'. Given that it's supposed to be his trump card, A+ should suffice. (Though frankly, even B+ could be enough IMO)

Nice to see a new person showing up here! It was starting to look like it was just me and Hermes around here...

Alright, I'm back with my second servant. I'm also going to post some feedback for the heroic spirits that were posted yesterday in a little while. Anyway, here's my archer:

Class: Archer
    Alternate Classes: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: England

Strength- C
    Endurance- B
    Agility- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- B

Height/Weight: 6’3”/175 pounds
    Dislikes: Spain, Pirates
    Talent: Privateering, Getting rid of pirates
    Natural Enemy: Blackbeard, Pirates (generally), the Spanish (generally)
    Wish: To eliminate all Piracy

Class Skills:

Independent Action (A) - It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Magic Resistance (C) - Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule (B) - This skill measure’s one’s fortune to acquire wealth. With this rank the Servant will be able to acquire a fortune, but the money is not infinite and expending it without care will temporarily empty their funds.

Voyager of the Storm (X/A) - This is the talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics. The actual talent to sail ships is sealed as an archer, but the Charisma and Military Tactics included in Voyager of the Storms are not.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Duke and Duchess- the Weapons of the Privateer (C+, Anti-unit): A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Archer’s two privateering ships, Duke and Duchess. The ships manifest as a pair of flintlock pistols wielded by Archer, Duke made with black wood and Duchess with ivory. Contrary to their old-fashioned appearance, they are each able to rapidly fire projectiles at a rate of 36 rounds per second. (As each ship was armed with 36 cannons.) Alternatively, their power can be focused into slower, more powerful, cannonball-sized shots.

Dampier and Selkirk-the Captain’s Companions (B, Support): This Noble Phantasm represents the legend of Archer’s two most famous companions, Alexander Selkirk and William Dampier. Alexander Selkirk was a sailor who spent more than four years as a castaway on an uninhabited island in the South Pacific, only to be rescued by Archer. (He was also the inspiration for Robinson Crusoe.) William Dampier was a famous explorer in his own right, who circumnavigated the world three separate times and was one of the first explorers of Australia. He served as the sailing master aboard the Duke.
    Upon calling out their names, Archer is able to call forth his two companions as heroic spirits to aid him. They are roughly equal to Archer in terms of strength and skill, and are each armed with a cutlass, pistol, and musket. However, they lack noble phantasms of their own. Additionally, due to their high mana cost, he is unable to manifest them for extended periods of time, unless his master has truly exceptional amounts of mana.

Lore/Personality
    Lore/Personality:
    Archer’s true name is Woodes Rogers, a legendary English sea captain and privateer who also became the first Royal Governor of the Bahamas.

Rogers was originally a merchant, but in 1708 fellow Bristol merchants, whose ships were falling prey to pirates, sponsored a retaliatory global expedition and selected Rogers to command it, with William Dampier as his Sailing Master. Under a letter of marque Rogers set sail commanding the 350-ton Duke, (36 guns) and the 260-ton Duchess (36 guns) and 333 men. His mission was to harass Spanish shipping; to the English he was a loyal citizen but to the Spanish he was actually a pirate himself. Rogers took the unusual strategy of harassing the Spanish on the Pacific Coast of the Americas where they would logically feel more secure from the English. The expedition was very successful, with Rogers bringing home bullion, precious stones and exotic silks from victimized Spanish vessels. He also rescued Alexander Selkirk during this time.

In 1717 Rogers was appointed the first royal governor of the Bahamas and charged with ridding the islands of pirates. Originally a base from which English government sanctioned privateers could harass the Spanish, Nassau had become a rogue possession virtually ruled by pirates who owed loyalty to no one. By 1700, the pirates dominated Nassau with "lawless riot and drunken revelry" and chased off the remaining law-abiding citizenry to exile in Great Exuma. Edward Teach, The infamous Blackbeard, took up residence in Fort Nassau and from which he toyed with the British Royal Navy. It was into this den of wolves the British Crown sent Rogers, a fellow privateer, to make order. The following year he arrived at Nassau, headquarters of more than 2,000 pirates.

Rogers received a group of representatives from Harbor Island who assured him that, many of the pirates were eager to accept the King's amnesty. On the following day, as he landed, "he was received with joy by some three hundred persons. The repentant pirates formed a military guard of honor in two lines and fired off their muskets in celebration." Whether the greeting was friendly in fact or a false showing, calculating that he was one of them or at the very least no match for them, Rogers quickly consolidated his power. He selected several trustworthy men of Harbor Island who had not been pirates, balancing them with an equal number of his own company, to act as an organizing council. As governor of the Bahamas Rogers exercised much authority, not the least of which was the power of pardon. Offered the Royal pardon all but ten of the most entrenched pirate captains accepted. Those remaining ten, including Blackbeard, were hunted down by Rogers' forces. Blackbeard died in a legendary sea battle off the coast of Virginia in 1718.

None of the remaining pirates escaped, all being captured and hanged. Nor perhaps did Woodes Rogers himself escape this life of bloody violence; he died in Fort Nassau in 1732 of "mysterious causes."

Archer is intelligent and calculating, a master strategist. Unlike some strategists, however, he is very loyal to those he considers friends and allies. Archer would never sacrifice a companion for a better chance at victory, and despises all those who would. He also dislikes those who steal or waste money, a trait no doubt caused by his past as a merchant and his experience with pirates.
    Thanks to thepirateking.com for the background information on Archer.
    Last edited by 4score7years; July 29th, 2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Holy wall of text, batman! Added some spaces in the lore section.

Making the pistols Noble Phantasms is pretty pointless, IMO. They're nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

I don't know a lot of 18th century guns that shoot 36 rounds per second. But yeah, I feel like this guy would shine better as a Rider, given his connection to the ships.

Alright, here's the feedback I mentioned. Keep in mind that I'm pretty new at this whole thing, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Tancred- Awesome. Very well balanced, and with some really creative and flavorful skills (Identity Turmoil in particular.) I also really like the "small miracle" aspect of Clorinda: undeniably powerful, but with a heavy drawback. The background and personality you've created for him is cool as well. I'd love to see this guy in a holy grail war. Nice work.

Robert the Bruce- Nice to see that I'm not the only new guy. What a coincidence that we both posted on the same day! Solid first entry. (Certainly better than my own.) I don't have a whole lot to say that hasn't already been said, though. Noble Phantasms should be a lower rank, army summon is a bit cliche, but its not that big a deal. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    I don't know a lot of 18th century guns that shoot 36 rounds per second. But yeah, I feel like this guy would shine better as a Rider, given his connection to the ships.
    Hence the "contrary to their old-fashioned appearance". And yeah, I considered making a full rider profile, but I couldn't think of any phantasms beyond the obvious "summon some boats" phantasm, which I feel like has been done to death on this forum. (There are only so many ways to summon a boat.) Happy to replace the pistol phantasm with a boat phantasm and change the class to rider if you guys think I should, though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Always nice to see some new guys around here. I do like your sheets and I would comment but everything I have to say has already been covered. Anyways, boom. Caster.

--------------------------------------

Class: Caster
    True Name: Orochimaru
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Japan

Strength- D
    Endurance- E
    Agility- D
    Mana- A+
    Luck- C
    NP- A+

Height/Weight: 166cm/47kg
    Dislikes: Toads, Slugs
    Talent: Maleficium
    Natural Enemy: Jiraiya, The Complete Serpent

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (B) - Creation of a "Nest" equal to a Temple becomes possible.
    • Item Creation (C) - Orochimaru specialises in poisons, so he can't make any other types of tools.

Personal Skills:
    • Eye of the Mind (True) (B) - Capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.
    • Nature of a Rebellious Spirit (C) - The temperament to never remain at one location and never embrace a lord. A wandering star that does not have the capacity to be king nor is capable of finding his own king. Negates the effects of Charisma with the same rank.
    • Snake Magic (A+) - A unique magecraft system using the maleficium of snakes as a base. It's primary purpose is that of destruction and harming others using poison and other such means that is harmful to nature. He also possesses a unique phisiology that allows him to spawn magical snakes and can even turn part of his body into snakes. For example, her arms can transform into giant snakes at will, but she can also summon snakes on there own for battle as well. They can vary in size as well. This unique Skill also has the effects of both Shapeshifting and Familiar (Snakes).

Noble Phantasm

Orochi Head of the Terror Serpent (Anti-Unit)(Self) (A+) - By expending a great deal of magical energy, Orichimaru can tap into the power of snake magic and manifest it's source and become an aspect of it himself. He transforms into a colossal sized white snake, large enough to wrap around buildings and swallow people whole. Although already a villain, in this state, he becomes an 'Anti-Heroic Spirit' as one of the heads of Yamata-no-Orochi. This 'Head' is not the true serpent and instead represents an aspect of Yamata-no-Orochi's personality but does believe itself to be the true dread serpent.

In this state, Orochimaru is capable of breathing a poison in either liquid of gas state that would completely evaporate a normal human within a matter of seconds and is crippling to servants, even those with skills that would normally allow them to resist poison. This form also possesses different physical parameters; Strength- B, Endurance- A, Agility- B. The only downside is that he would gain a vulnerability to weapons such as Balmung and Arondight alongside the astronomical mana upkeep. This transformation is permanent and cannot to reverted although Orochimaru would refuse to anyways. Killing him in this form will kill Orochimaru himself.

Lore

Yashagorō was once a disciple of the ninja Jiraya. As a young man he heard tales of the sage and was enticed upon hearing his power. Desiring that power himself he followed him and quickly became his most talented and favoured pupil. He was close with Jiraya and his girlfriend Tsunade, creating a golden trio of comradely and friendship that forged a bond that could not be broken. Or so it would seem.

For Yashagorō is wasn't enough, there was always more to be desired. More techniques to learn, more power to acquire, more wealth to horde. Eventually the temptation became too great and he abandoned the nature based 'Toad Magic' of his master and took a look at a darker art. Just a peak couldn't possibly hurt?

As his research grew, he gained a new idol in the form of Yamata-no-Orochi. The whispers in his mind turned to shouts as Yashagorō became overwhelmed in Serpent Magic - which was ironically the weakness of Toad Magic and he took an aspect of the eight headed serpent into himself. Greed. It was already there, which made it such a juicy target. Now that he had true power, he needed glory, a trophy. Transforming his body into something inhuman and taking the name of 'Orochimaru' he decided on the heads of Jiraiya and Tsunade. He attacked the two and overwhelmed them with is venom and after a three way stand-off would he slain them if not for the interventions of Tengu Magic. Tsunade empowered Jiraiya with enough energy from her Slug Magic (the weakness of Snake Magic) to defeat Orochimaru. In a climactic battle The Toad Sage took hold of a cannon and blew Orochimaru's head apart.

Orochimaru is an existence that is now sublimination with that of Yamata-no-Orochi. Much like how Tamamo-no-Mae has her separate tails as individual heroic spirits, Yamata has his own heads acting as them. Orochimaru is unique as has is his own identity who took the power of one of the heads. He represents the Greed of Yamata-no-Orochi's fragmented persona. He wants it all, he wants everything and nothing will ever be enough.

------------------------------------------------

Had an idea for this guy in the works for quite a while. Back when I made Yamata-no Orochi 2.0 I said other heads could appear as servants so here's one. Yes I may have muddled a bit with the lore a bit but I couldn't find as much as I likes so I filled in the blanks. For those who are confused why I continually refer to Yamata-no-Orochi, read the lore section in his sheet to clear things up a bit.

JP Friend Code
    Probably the most appropriate place to ask. How would you guys make the Ship of Theseus into a Noble Phantasm? Not the hero himself and not the ship he rode, but rather the well-known paradox. It's apparently a pretty old paradox too so it probably kinda qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by AgathaChrisQ View Post
    Probably the most appropriate place to ask. How would you guys make the Ship of Theseus into a Noble Phantasm? Not the hero himself and not the ship he rode, but rather the well-known paradox. It's apparently a pretty old paradox too so it probably kinda qualifies.
    Hmm..that's a tricky one. I'll have to think about that for a little while. You could do something conceptual I suppose. (Regenerative abilities or something?) You could also do something about making copies of other Noble Phantasms if the servant can acquire a piece of them. (If he could acquire a piece of like Caliburn or something, he could recreate it using new parts, though perhaps at a lower rank. The problem with that is that like 80% of Noble Phantasms are indestructible, which makes this ability useless in most cases. Broken Phantasms are a thing, though. This phantasm would be insane with Shirou as the master, lol.) That should get you started. I'll post again if I think of anything else.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AgathaChrisQ View Post
    is this a "noble phantasm in a box" type deal
    or do you have a servant who is going to be using said noble phantasm
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    The problem with that is that like 80% of Noble Phantasms are indestructible
    what

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Basically every Noble Phantasm can be destroyed. Well, the physical ones, anyway. Don't know how you'd go about destroying one of the abstract concept ones like God Hand or Knight of Honor.

Though maybe those aren't the best examples, since they can be destroyed sort of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Well, this is my Lancer Odin. I couldn't find a Faceclaim that I liked, and about the creation, I couldn't make a good Gungnir, and it got pretty mediocre and I accept sugestions to a effect to it.

My Odin is not the god, but the king as told in the Prose Edda. This part in particular:

"One king among them was called Múnón or Mennón; and he was wedded to the daughter of the High King Priam, her who was called Tróán; they had a child named Trór, whom we call Thor. [...] his son was he who is named Vóden, whom we call Odin: he was a man far-famed for wisdom and every accomplishment. Odin had second sight, and his wife also; and from their foreknowledge he found that his name should be exalted in the northern part of the world and glorified above the fame of all other kings. Therefore, he made ready to journey out of Turkland, and was accompanied by a great multitude of people, young folk and old, men and women; and they had with them much goods of great price. And wherever they went over the lands of the earth, many glorious things were spoken of them, so that they were held more like gods than men. They made no end to their journeying till they were come north into the land that is now called Saxland; there Odin tarried for a long space, and took the land into his own hand, far and wide."

So, tl;dr: Odin is a King of Troy who went to North and became a God.

Identity: Votan
    Title: “King of the Wise”
    Alternative Classes: Rider, Caster, Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Background: According to Snorri Sturluson, author of the Prose Edda, Votan was an Asian ruler of Thrace and Troy. Born many generations after Priam, the king of Troy during the Trojan War, Votan was a wise and powerful leader. He traveled far north, where his legends and deeds were merged with their indigenous god, Odin. Votan became an avatar of the god for their people, soon becoming their king, the first King of Sweden. It is hard to discern between Votan legends and Odin myths apart, and for many, they were the same entity.

Parameters
    Strength – B
    Endurance – B
    Agility – A
    Mana – A
    Luck – A
    Noble Phantasm – B+
    Weaponry: Lancer is equipped with his drill, Rati, and his spear, Gungnir.
    Armor: Lancer wears a light armor.

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (B)
    – Grants protection against magical effects. Spells with chant below three verses does not affect Lancer. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for Lancer to be affected.

Personal Skills:
    Composition (A) – A skill that measure the distortion caused by the merging of multiple character’s legends in one character. Lancer is a composite of both Votan and Odin’s myths and legends, this make him manifests elements of both characters.
    Apotheosis (B) – The transformation of a human in a god by worshiping them as one. Lancer was worshiped as the god Odin, and was considered a divine figure by his followers. After a successful Luck check, this skill can be treated as Divinity (B) if necessary.
    Charisma (B) – The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Lancer's rank is suitable for a king of a country.

NP
    Rati
    Piercer of Earth
    Anti-Unit / C+

Rati was the drill used by Votan (or Odin) to pierce the mountain Hnitbjorg to obtain the Suttungmjadar, or “The Mead of Poetry”. One of the Votan’s quests in the Prose Edda, the only source of its existence as a King and not a God.

Rati is a drill, made of hard metal and forty centimeters long. Although not his stronger weapon, it is the most used by Lancer, who hold it like a sword. It is a simple, but unique weapon, as most warriors are not prepared to fight against a drill.
    However, Rati’s true power lies on its magical proprieties. Rati is able to pierce any defense, be it an armor, a shield or even magical barriers, if it has a higher rank than the defensive force. If Rati successfully breaks a defense, its damage will be doubled.

Gungnir
    The Declaration of the Elder King
    Anti-Fortress / B+

Gungnir is the legendary spear of the god Odin, and it is one of the most known spears, as well one of the most powerful mythical weapons. It is related to the also legendary spears Gae Bolg and Brionac, from Irish legends. However, this Gungnir is not the real one, but a powerful spear carried by Votan that gained proprieties of the real Gungnir.

Gungnir is a long spear, as tall as Lancer. It is made of a blue, eerie metal. It is a weapon whose effect is similar to Gae Bolg, but instead of targeting the enemy, Gungnir will target a place, and cannot be stopped until the target is reached by it. Lancer can target any place if it is in his field of view. The speed and the area of effect of Gungnir makes very difficult to escape from this attack.

Gungnir and Rati can be assembled in a single weapon, turning into a spear with a drill tip. This union will combine their effects, creating a projectile weapon of enormous destructive force that cannot be defended by most barriers and shield. However, the impact caused by this attack can break Rati, so Lancer avoid using it.